10/31/2017 Abdomen during pregnancy Hicculation of the child in the womb is a natural phenomenon. Some women, faced with this for the first time, take the hiccups for developmental pathology and sound the alarm. However, according to experts, hiccup is an indicator of the full formation of the nervous system of the fetus.
Hiccup of the child inside the mother’s tummy is a very common process. Almost all the girls, bearing the baby under the heart, sooner or later face this phenomenon. Beginning with the second half of the last trimester, approximately from week 26 (all individually), pregnant women feel measured shocks - the child begins to hiccup. The duration of such “communication” is from an hour to noon, 1-3 approaches per day.
Experts explain if the child hiccups in the stomach during pregnancy, it means that the development goes according to plan. Intrauterine hiccups - confirmation of a healthy, formed baby NTS, evidence that the fetus independently controls this process.
Why does baby hiccup in pregnancy
The reasons why a baby often hiccups during pregnancy are different. A clear answer to this day scientists can not give. There are several conjectures, hypotheses on this topic:
- The kid is training to breathe. Still, being in the womb of the mother, the child with the help of hiccup develops the lungs, so to speak, prepares for adulthood. Moreover, hiccups, according to some scientists, reduce the pressure on the expanding lungs, and thus soothe the baby. It should be noted that in the third trimester, in addition to breathing exercises, the child actively trains the sucking reflex. Therefore, having come into the world, the first thing a baby will do is breathe and eat mother's colostrum,
- While in the tummy, the child occasionally swallows the amniotic fluid, which sometimes gets into his lungs. As a result, the diaphragm shrinks and provokes hiccups,
- Scientists believe that the child hiccups because of "childish greed." That is, the baby swallows the amniotic fluid in larger quantities than it can drain it from the body with urine. It is these surpluses that cause hiccups,
- Some experts associate hiccups with mom's food. For example, a woman will eat something tasty and the child will enjoy this taste. A kid with an appetite will swallow an amniotic fluid, and having swallowed plenty, will start to hiccup,
- There is a completely negative theory of intrauterine hiccups of a baby. It is assumed that during pregnancy the child often hiccups due to hypoxia - lack of oxygen in the mother's body. If you have noticed frequent and prolonged hiccups of crumbs (a day or more), as well as very active painful movements, consult a doctor. To confirm or eliminate hypoxia, you can use the diagnosis: cardiotocography and ultrasound of the fetus.
What are the sensations when baby hiccups in the stomach
Experienced moms inform when the fetus hiccups during pregnancy, the sensations in the stomach are very similar to the daily movements of the baby. Only in the process of hiccups are these jerks measured and softer.
Some girls talk about hiccups of the baby, as about the feeling in the stomach of a slight spasm and a slight twitching of the tummy. Other moms do not even notice the hiccups of the child during pregnancy.
In any case, the sensations when the baby hiccups during pregnancy are very funny and painless. Such minutes are worth remembering or videotaped - they are unique.
How to soothe baby hiccups in the womb
Mommies, first of all, should calm down and not panic. The intrauterine hiccup of the baby is very similar to the hiccups of an adult, and therefore measures to eliminate this will be similar. Try taking small sips to drink some water or eat something sour and salty, take a few deep breaths. But it is better not to practice the unexpected fright and the swing of the press: this will only aggravate the situation and quite possibly harm the baby.
Take a walk in a quiet, peaceful place, visit your favorite place - breathe in the fresh air and calm your thoughts.
If the room is cool, wrap yourself in a warm blanket. Try to change the position - turn over on the other side, push the pillow or roller between your legs. It is also recommended to take the cat's posture: kneel down, lean on the arms, inhale, lift the head up and bend the back slightly, exhaling, lower the head and bend the spine. Such a physical exercise will “lull” the baby, relax your back and prepare your breath for a little bit of labor.
Another reliable advice: stroke the tum, talk to the baby, maybe the little one lacks your attention, and he, in such a "hiccupy" way, tries to win him over and take him to the conversation.
Why does a baby hiccup in the stomach?
To date, there is no exact explanation why the fetus has hiccups in the stomach, there are only a few research-based hypotheses:
- Being in the womb, the baby periodically swallows the amniotic fluid, possibly causing hiccups.
- Some scholars tend to think that the fetus hiccups in the stomach at will, developing thus swallowing skills, or simply preparing its lungs with a diaphragm.
- Others believe that the fetus hiccups in the stomach when hypoxia occurs. But one frequent hiccups is not enough to confirm such a diagnosis - check the movements, follow how intensely the baby pushes, very often babies with constant hiccups in the womb are born completely healthy.
All doctors agree that if a child hiccups in the stomach, it is not necessary to sound the alarm, this is a completely normal phenomenon (the same as yawning, breathing), besides, discomfort, like a newborn, does not deliver the baby in the stomach. If you are still worried about why your child has hiccups in the stomach, jolts cause inconvenience, consult a doctor - this is better than worrying and torturing yourself with constant suspicions. Most likely, he will offer to do some examinations: Doppler ultrasound (by the way, if a crumb at this time hiccups, you will hear it clearly), you may need to measure the so-called uterine activity and fetal heartbeat. By the way, the child hiccups in the stomach only from the moment when his nervous system is sufficiently developed, and therefore can control this process. Moms, especially those who are experiencing why their baby hiccups in the stomach, can be reassured by the following fact: Doctors consider hiccups to be a sign of a baby’s health, so that everything is in order with his life activity.
What if the baby often has hiccups in the stomach?
When a child hiccups in his stomach, he does not feel discomfort at all, which cannot be said about his mother. Women whose child often hiccups in the stomach are advised to take a walk in the park in the open air or take shelter warmer, if the room is cool, it may be necessary to change the position and roll over, helps with some kneeling and leaning on the elbows, sometimes moms treat the belly and talk to the baby. In general, try to “negotiate with a crumb”, because sometimes the baby hiccups in the stomach several times a day (sometimes at night), but you shouldn’t count on the effectiveness of such methods. The future mother should be prepared, it is quite possible that the baby’s hiccups will remain after birth. Some babies hiccup in the stomach very often, some do not hiccup at all, the most important thing is that mom has no reason to worry, just get used to new sensations and get acquainted with the crumb, so he sends you a signal that everything is in order.
How to determine the hiccups of the fetus in the stomach. The reasons for its occurrence
In the later stages of pregnancy there are rhythmic strange sensations in the stomach, quite unlike movements.
- Hiccups manifest as rhythmic movements of the diaphragm,
- From about the 24th week of pregnancy, when the respiratory and nerve centers are already well developed, you can hear that the baby hiccups.
How to understand that the baby hiccups during pregnancy? For this you need to listen to your feelings. The fetal hiccups can be identified by movements that are very similar to short, regular winches.
Listening to your tum, you can describe the hiccups with the following sensations:
- rhythmic flinching without the crumbs' motor activity,
- the same interval of jolts for a long time
- heard the steady tapping,
- strong ripple in the lower abdomen,
- there is a ticking on one side,
- hand you can feel a slight vibration in the stomach.
Such sensations can last from a few minutes to a whole hour. They can be once a day, but they can be repeated several times a day.
Know To determine the hiccups of the fetus in the womb is not difficult - you need to attach your hand to the place of pulsation and to detect time between jolts. If the vibration is palpable in the same place, and the intervals are the same, then this is a hiccup.
Why does a baby hiccup during pregnancy? Causes of hiccups can be:
- preparation for spontaneous breathing,
- ingesting a small amount of amniotic fluid
- if you are sitting in an uncomfortable position,
- when you are in a stuffy room for a long time,
- the fetus lacks oxygen
When you need the help of a doctor
If the baby hiccups during pregnancy - this is absolutely normal. If he hiccups rarely and not for long, then he should not worry.
However, if he frequently hiccups in the stomach during pregnancy, he must be alert. Here are the main points when you need the help of a gynecologist:
- if a child hiccups for a long time and moves a lot,
- if the baby has stopped moving.
In such cases, the doctor will conduct a special diagnosis, which will include visual consultation, examination of the baby's heartbeat with devices and ultrasound with doplerometry.
All these procedures will show whether there is hypoxia and when it is detected, certain measures will be taken by the doctor.
- To exclude the diagnosis of hypoxia, the doctor will determine the functional state of the placental system using CTG (fetal cardiotocography),
- In addition, you need to pay attention to your lifestyle: to walk in the fresh air, eat well and give up bad habits, it will help in case of violation to minimize the oxygen starvation of the crumbs.
Remember! The norm is hiccups no more than three times a day and no more than one hour. In this case, the movements do not increase, the baby behaves as before, and you do not feel any discomfort.
What if hiccups give you discomfort
Hiccups to the baby does not cause any discomfort, she, most likely gives the mother trouble.
From the fact that the toddler hiccups in the womb, the mother wakes up at night and worries about why the baby has hiccups, does not have hypoxia.
If fetal hiccups give you discomfort, you can try several methods.
- Take a walk in the fresh air. Smooth wiggle while walking will calm the baby a little (read more in the article Walking in Pregnancy >>>),
- Make a set of exercises for pregnant women. They will increase the flow of fresh air (what you can do to learn from the yoga article for pregnant women >>>),
- Often do breathing exercises. It will be easier for her to breathe to both mother and child,
- Be sure to stroke the belly and talk to the baby. It will distract him and he will stop hiccupping.
There are other effective methods to reduce hiccups:
- If a child hiccups, when you go to bed, you often need to change the position of the body,
- But if you are cold and he has hiccups, cover his belly with a warm blanket,
- Special exercises can also reduce hiccups. You need to get on your knees, leaning your hands on the floor. In this position, you should spend a few seconds, and then the exercise can be repeated.
Still, if the baby hiccups in the stomach during pregnancy and it gives you discomfort, then we can recommend:
- do not overeat in the evening (read also the article Nutrition during pregnancy >>>),
- do not drink carbonated drinks
- to look for a comfortable position during baby hiccuping,
- not located next to smokers,
- don't worry
- enjoy your pregnancy.
Correctly prepare for childbirth, including physical and psychological preparation, you can in the online course Five steps to successful childbirth >>>
When a baby in the womb hiccups, this is not a criterion by which we can talk about proper development, so do not worry if the child does not hiccup.
By the way, to calm you, you can read the article The development of a child in the womb >>>.
It is always possible to prevent the hiccups of the fetus.
For the prevention of "hiccups" and in order to avoid fetal hypoxia, you should be very careful about yourself during pregnancy:
- minimize stress
- follow the correct regimen of the day
- rest more
- sleep well,
- often walk in the fresh air.
And in the presence of fetal hypoxia - to eliminate its causes.
You need to remember that if the fetus hiccups in the womb, it is quite normal, so do not immediately run to the pharmacy for pills.
No need to run to the doctor and pass all specialists, if there are no serious indications. You will need a doctor only if the child’s hiccuping lasts more than two days and the child is very active.
Periodically hiccupping, the crumb prepares for an independent life after the birth. Be healthy!
Causes of Hiccups
Most gynecologists believe that intrauterine hiccups are harmless and can not harm the baby. The appearance of hiccups is usually attributed to the ingestion of amniotic fluid, which can occur for a number of reasons.
Why does a child hiccups:
- Finger sucking. How many babies are captured in the ultrasound images during this session. And this is natural, because the sucking reflex is very important in the first months of a child's life.
- Breathing training. Toward the end of the pregnancy, the baby begins to train his lungs, from about the 35th week he tries to make breathing movements, as a result of which the amniotic fluid enters the lungs and stomach. Irritating organs, amniotic fluid and provokes hiccups
- Hiccups can occur if the baby really likes the taste of water.. Every pregnant woman heard the advice to eat something sweet to stir up the baby. But it is worth remembering that with the help of candy you can not only stir it, but also make you hiccup. After all, sweetened amniotic fluid can be to his taste. It is believed that in pregnant women who love sweets, babies hiccup in the womb more often.
When is the alarm worth sounding?
There are times when the expectant mother should listen to the sensations especially sensitively.
Hiccups themselves can not be the cause of hypoxia, it is rather its consequence. Hypoxia, in fact, is a lack of oxygen, during which the baby makes a convulsive breathing movement, trying to reduce the lack of oxygen. Due to this, again, is swallowing amniotic fluid, which provokes hiccups.
Symptoms for which you need to see a doctor
- the baby in the womb often and long hiccups
- during hiccups, the child's activity increases,
- weight loss or lack of weight gain,
- change in the volume of the abdomen or its shape.
The influence of the position of the body of a woman on the occurrence of hiccups
From the first days of pregnancy, all around begin to teach the future mother: do not lie so, sleep only on your side, do not lift your hands up. Accept all and tips just do not count. But some tips are justified from a medical point of view.
Not every position of a mother can please a child in the womb. It is necessary to understand, perhaps the wrong position and behavior of the mother can affect the occurrence of hiccups.
- Choose the correct posture for rest and sleep. To sleep and lie on your back pregnant, doctors forbid from the second trimester. Indeed, in this position, the main vessels are squeezed, which are responsible for the blood circulation between the fetus and the mother. In this position, you not only can cause hiccups in the baby, but also provoke a deterioration in his condition.
- Excessive loads. Catching up on household chores or going for a walk, remember that you should not overwork, because the loads that you experienced before pregnancy can now provoke a lack of oxygen for you and your baby.
- More often stay outdoors, and also air the room in which you are.
- Much has been written about the dangers of smoking, both active and passive. Every future mother should understand that smoking during pregnancy can leave indelible effects. In the case of hiccups, smoking can cause short-term hypoxia, against which the baby can begin to hiccup.
How not to provoke hiccups in a baby
What should be done so that the baby does not ikal more? To do this, take the following actions:
- refuse or reduce sweets,
- make a habit of daily commit walks in the open air.
- watch out for what position are you in, suddenly you bring discomfort to your baby.
- don't overdo it, the saying “business time, fun hour” is not entirely applicable to a pregnant woman. Do not forget to take short breaks to avoid overvoltage.
- breathing exercises can help in this situation. By alternating deep breaths and exhalations, the blood is enriched with oxygen. Subsequently, this gymnastics can be useful during childbirth.
Intrauterine hiccups is one of the natural processes that can not bring any harm to the baby and does not indicate any disturbances in its development.
При подозрении на гипоксию лучше обратиться к специалистам. They will appoint a series of tests and surveys, on the basis of which it is possible to say with high precision about the condition of the child.
Procedures for testing for hypoxia:
- Listening to the baby's heartbeat using a special tube or instrument.
- Cardiography (CTG).
- Ultrasound examination of the blood flow of the placenta and fetus (ultrasound).
Not all babies are prone to intrauterine hiccups, and this is the norm. After all, what difference does a baby hiccups or not, the most important thing is that it feels safe, cozy and comfortable in my mother's tummy.
How long does the baby begin to hiccup in the womb?
Fetal hiccups are often felt by a woman after 36–37 weeks of pregnancy, that is, in the 3rd trimester. During this period, all organs and systems of the child’s body are fully formed, including the lungs, which produce surfactant (a substance required to prevent the walls of the alveoli from sticking together during breathing).
Depending on the individual characteristics of the body, the baby may begin to hiccup at 32, 33 or 34 weeks of gestation. During this period, he trains to breathe, which, as a rule, becomes a frequent cause of dysfunction of external respiration. In addition, week 33–36 is the time of the baby’s peak activity. At this time, a woman can feel his rhythmic movements, which are often confused with hiccups.
How to understand that the baby in the womb hiccups?
It can be difficult to distinguish a dysfunction of breathing from a child's stirring, and at the 38–39 week it is almost impossible. Many pregnant women describe this condition as a baby startling in a particular place in the abdomen without any other physical activity, and such shocks are short-lived. It feels like pulsation or a slight vibration.
The duration of hiccups is individual in each case, so it is impossible to say exactly how many times a child can hiccup. In some cases, this process takes at least a minute, and sometimes even more than an hour.
In order to find out how the baby hiccups in the stomach, you can watch the corresponding video. It is clearly visible those very short tremors, as mentioned earlier.
Causes of Hiccups
There are several basic versions explaining why the child hiccups in the mother’s stomach:
- Contact with amniotic fluid in the respiratory tract. From the 35th week of pregnancy, the baby’s respiratory organs are prepared to function outside the mother’s womb. As a result, the child begins to breathe in and out more often, which is very difficult, since the amniotic fluid often gets into the nasopharynx, from which the body needs to be eliminated. When this happens, then there is hiccups.
- Strong physical pressure. This is typical for those babies whose mothers spend most of their time in a seated position, wear bandages or too tight clothes. Because of this effect, the fetus not only hiccups, it is also harder to breathe, because the release of air from the lungs is complicated. Prolonged physical pressure on the abdomen often leads to fetal hypoxia and other negative consequences.
- Other reasons. If the child is in an uncomfortable position inside the womb or hastily absorbs too many nutrients, an involuntary contraction of the intercostal muscles and diaphragm occurs, which can lead to hiccups.
Norm or pathology: when is specialist consultation necessary?
Many cases of hiccups are natural. Its appearance is considered normal from 1 to 5 times a day, but after that the child behaves as usual, that is, his physical activity should not decrease or be absent for a long time.
If hiccups are not constant and the mother does not feel discomfort at the same time, this is normal, and such a phenomenon should be treated calmly. Regular abnormalities of the external respiration of the fetus, as well as a sharp deterioration in the health status of a pregnant woman are considered pathological. In this case, you may need to consult a doctor, during which a specialist visually examines the patient and clarify the frequency and duration of hiccups baby. In addition, to identify any pathology of the respiratory system may additionally require:
- Ultrasound procedure. Using this diagnostic method, it is possible to assess the condition of the fetus, as well as identify possible irregularities in the area of the placenta and umbilical cord, which often lead to the occurrence of complications with respiratory function.
- Cardiotocography. A study to measure the number of heartbeats. If there are too many, the doctor will diagnose fetal hypoxia.
Is hiccups dangerous for baby?
Hicculation does not pose a particular danger to the unborn child only in cases when it is caused by natural causes. If it manifests itself as a symptom of intrauterine hypoxia, then the consequences can be very deplorable.
When late treatment, oxygen starvation of the fetus often leads to asphyxiation or death. It is quite easy to recognize such a pathological condition, because, in addition to hiccups, the child has an abnormal activity or its prolonged absence, palpitations, and even tachycardia.
The causes of hypoxia can be:
- maternal cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases,
- prolonged squeezing of the fetus,
- malfunctions in the area of the umbilical cord and placenta (poor circulation or interruption),
- premature detachment of the placenta,
- congenital malformations of the fetus or developmental delays.
What should mom do?
If hiccups are observed for a long time, while delivering a certain discomfort to the mother, something needs to be done with this. For example, you can use the following recommendations:
- Change position. This applies to those mothers who spend most of their time sitting or lying down. To stop the hiccups, just get up or walk a little.
- More often walk in the fresh air. Thanks to regular walks, the amount of oxygen entering the body will increase. Consequently, the baby inside the womb will breathe easier, and the hiccups will stop.
- Avoid stressful situations. Any nervous shocks that a pregnant woman experiences every day have a negative effect on the baby’s health. If stress cannot be avoided, you can use various relaxation or meditation techniques to calm down. With this excellent breathing exercises, which the expectant mother certainly need to master. Such exercises can also normalize blood circulation and enrich the body with oxygen.
- Eat right. During pregnancy it is required to avoid excessive consumption of sweet food. Some doctors believe that women who love confectionery, more often than others feel the hiccups of the child. The fact is that the baby will surely swallow the amniotic fluid with a sweet taste, which will get into the respiratory tract and, accordingly, will provoke hiccups.
In addition, should not:
- smoke or drink,
- be in stuffy rooms for a long time
- wear clothes squeezing the belly,
- do hard physical labor
- perform gymnastics, which can harm the fetus.
If the child regularly has hiccups, but at the same time the mother does not notice any disturbing symptoms, it means that you need to adhere to the mentioned recommendations. If they do not help, you will need medical attention.
Why does a baby get hiccups in the womb?
The baby’s hiccups inside the mother can be twenty-sixth or twenty-seventh week.
Sometimes mothers can hear her baby hiccuping later in the thirty-fifth or thirty-sixth week of pregnancy.
A hiccup can appear during the day or at night; its duration can be up to one hour. Why does the fetus hiccup while in utero?
Expectant mothers get used to the jolts of their child during pregnancy. But new movements, reminiscent of shudders inside their abdomen, are capable of scaring them.
This can be taken for labor. Since the movements are similar to rhythmic contraction. It feels like mom reminds that the child is hiccups. Every pregnant woman, these feelings are different.
During the period of intrauterine development, many unconditioned reflexes are laid. When a child wakes up or falls asleep, he yawns, can make swallowing movements.
It is assumed that hiccups in a child may indicate a spontaneous breathing exercise, which will be necessary after birth.
Perhaps this is due to the fact that the baby swallowed amniotic fluid. This can also occur due to oxygen deficiency.
If the fetus hiccups are related to preparing for future independent breathing and sucking reflex, then you can be calm.
Since this beneficial process at birth is necessary for breathing and first breath. According to some versions, hiccups promote swallowing movements, which are necessary for feeding breast milk.
During this period, the child may, by swallowing the amniotic fluid, perform something similar to a breathing exercise.
Mothers should not worry, because the amount of water ingested is not large and can not harm the child. But it is enough for a contraction in the diaphragm to appear.
The excitement of the mother is understandable, since the baby can hiccup every day and often. These persistent manifestations are not dangerous, and the child does not suffer from this.
The process of reducing the diaphragm is a kind of massage, through which the normal development of the internal organs (heart, intestines) occurs.
Some mothers are concerned about this phenomenon, they are anxious, in their opinion, the baby develops fetal hypoxia, lack of oxygen.
And their experience is understandable, since with these symptoms it is difficult to give birth to a healthy child. But hypoxia accompanied by other signs.
With a lack of oxygen, a child can often begin hiccups, he feels heightened motor activity, movements are quite painful, create real discomfort for the mother.
Hypoxia in the womb is often associated with insufficient access of oxygen. This dangerous phenomenon causes a violation in the uteroplacental blood flow.
With this phenomenon, the child begins to hiccup very intensively and for quite a long time.
If a child often has hiccups, in your opinion, has become too active, and his behavior is different from the usual in this situation in order to rule out developing pathology, you should immediately seek the help of a specialist.
In order to eliminate the possible pathology of the mother, it is necessary to undergo cardiotocography. Thanks to it, the activity of the uterus will be measured and the heart rate of the fetus will be determined.
Also in a pregnant woman should examine the blood flow of the placenta and the fetus itself, to send an ultrasound. According to the research received, the final diagnosis will be made.
As statistics shows, practically all babies hiccuping in the womb are born healthy.
Why does a baby hiccup in the belly of a pregnant woman
Hiccup during pregnancy is nothing more than a cutting, rhythmic movement of the diaphragm. This process is due to pinching of the vagus nerve.
With the help of this nerve, the binding of all internal human organs occurs. And the brain signals its release by movements of the child in the womb.
It can only talk about the formation of the central nervous system in a child. Do not forget that the child also likes delicious.
If a pregnant mother was eaten cake or candy baby also eats and hiccups, pushes out of itself too much. So if a child hiccups, in this case, this process cannot be considered a deviation from the norm.
What symptoms of pregnancy require vigilance?
In the twenty-fourth week of pregnancy, the baby moves by an average of ten or fifteen times per hour. The kid can fall asleep for three hours, at these moments he is calm and his movements are absent.
If the child is actively moving and this pace is regular, then there is no reason for concern. The changes occurring in the habitual movements of the fetus must alert.
If the child, following the observation of the mother, moves excessively and has prolonged activity without cause, it can be assumed that he feels oxygen deficiency — hypoxia.
This may be due to the poor health of the mother. Or from the resulting deviations in the process of carrying a child.
When should I seek medical help?
- If the mother's abdomen feels excessively active in the movements of the baby, for several hours and practically occurs without changing the position of the body.
- If the motor activity in a child has stopped for more than twelve hours.
The movements of the baby in the womb must be recorded daily in the map. It marks on the twenty-eighth week of the pregnancy the number of perturbations in the fetus.
It is necessary to consider perturbations from 9 oo in the morning. About ten movements are recorded in a special chart (table).
If during the day there were less than ten perturbations, you can say that the child suffers from a lack of oxygen. This is a serious reason for going to the doctor.
The initial stage of hypoxia in a child is a sign that he is beginning to behave restlessly. The child is actively moving, heartbeat increases.
The baby in this situation needs help and if it is not timely, it can begin progressive hypoxia. When hypoxia occurs, the child develops poorly, moves less, weakens.
Therefore, it is important for mothers to prevent this, it is necessary to report changes in the typical behavior of the child in the womb. Keep an individual diary, which will be recorded every day.
Make a description of how and when, move the fruit, your feelings, time and intensity of movement. Point out when he started to hiccup.
This may help in the future. Thanks to the recordings, it will be possible to find out the mode of your baby for every day.
If there is an acute oxygen deficiency, it can be diagnosed by listening to the heart tone of the fetus. With the help of cardiotocography, the heart rate per hour can be determined.
Also, the doctor may conduct a Doppler examination. With the help of the sound that comes from the vessels, it will be determined with what activity the food is delivered to the fetus through the placenta.
In case of detection of abnormalities in pregnancy, a specialist can hospitalize a woman.
Not every situation can always say that the fetus is not feeling well. Perhaps the reason is that your child simply does not have a good mood on this day.
To raise him at the baby, try to please him with something sweet, eat candy, or do a nice gymnastics. Talk to him. Believe me, the child will respond to the mother with a stir.
The nature of movement in the mother’s belly is different for each baby. Doctors believe that with the help of stirring, the fetus in the mother’s stomach is trying to communicate with future relatives.
Many feel that the newborn will recognize the voice of his father, the mother, if they tried to talk to him when he was still in his mother’s stomach.
Moms notice that you can talk and agree with the baby in the stomach. Therefore, communication with the baby is very important.
If a child has hiccups in the mother’s belly, what should be done?
Mom's well-being depends on how the baby develops in the womb over nine months. It is important for the pregnant woman to observe the daily regimen, nutrition, and follow all the recommendations of the doctor leading the observation.
If from the moment of conception and during the first weeks of pregnancy the tests were normal, there were no abnormalities, the mother received additional vitamins, followed the daily regimen, food intake time, walked in fresh air, then the child develops correctly in the mother’s stomach.
If occasionally from time to time there were small deviations from the rate of gestation, it can easily be corrected by a doctor. Since all sensations of concern to you need to be discussed.
In order for the baby in the womb not to experience oxygen starvation during pregnancy, the mother should regularly go to the open air every day, walk, get enough sleep, eat a balanced diet.
Should not experience nervous overvoltages, emotional negative breakdowns, heavy physical exertion. Stay in a smoke-filled, stuffy room.
All of this can have a negative effect on the sensation and well-being of the pregnant woman and the fetus. From this, the baby in the stomach can also begin to hiccup.
If during pregnancy women feel good and do not observe alarming signals, and at the same time the baby sometimes has hiccups, you should not worry about it. Try to visit your leading doctor.
Why does hiccups arise?
The most important thing to know about baby hiccups is that it’s normal, for example, at week 31, and sooner or later. Some mothers feel specific movements, resembling a hiccups, and in the middle of pregnancy. However, most often hiccups occur in the fetus closer to 34 weeks, or even 36 weeks of pregnancy. And this is due to the fact that the baby is getting bigger, its activity is more noticeable for the mother through the walls of the abdomen, as well as to the fact that the child matures.
Exact knowledge of the reasons why children hiccup is not yet available. Скорее всего, это один из множества этапов подготовки плода к дальнейшей самостоятельной жизни, одна из стадий его постепенного развития. Бывает так, что ребёнок часто икает в утробе и это начинает беспокоить беременную женщину. Всё ли в порядке с малышом? Не надо ли принять срочных мер для обеспечения его здоровья? Чтобы не волноваться понапрасну, надо ознакомиться с возможными предпосылками возникновения икоты:
- Глотание околоплодных вод,
- Preparation of respiratory organs,
A baby in the womb often swallows the water in which it is located. Amniotic fluid ensures the safety of the child and provides him with a nutrient medium. Studies of the behavior of children in the womb have shown that when glucose is added to the amniotic fluid, swallowing movements of the fetus become more frequent and greedy. In other words, the child tastes the surrounding waters and recognizes their taste. By 38 weeks, he can swallow about 500 ml of amniotic fluid per day! Fluid can enter the lungs and be removed from there by reducing the diaphragm, which causes hiccups.
If a growing organism hiccups several times a day for a period of 37 weeks and beyond, this may indicate an almost complete maturation of the respiratory organs (diaphragm, lungs) and their training for later life outside the womb. Such training does not cause danger and discomfort for the baby.
But the one that inspires fears to expectant mothers is the likelihood of intrauterine oxygen starvation. Hiccups are not necessarily indicative of fetal hypoxia, but if it is especially debilitating, long-term, or for some reason bothers and worries a pregnant woman, it is better to see a doctor and undergo the necessary examinations. From 30 weeks, CTG can be prescribed - cardiotocography, showing the child's heartbeat. And at 32 weeks, routine ultrasound is usually prescribed, the data of which are able to confirm or deny the presence of hypoxia. Moderate hypoxia is amenable to correction, which inspires hope and can not but rejoice.
How to determine that baby hiccups
Those who have not experienced the manifestations of intrauterine hiccups, it is difficult to imagine what kind of sensations mother experiences and how this phenomenon looks. How to understand that a child hiccups in the stomach? Hiccups can be like:
- rhythmic vibrations
- short tapping and twitching,
- monotone pushes or clicks.
Often a woman guesses on an intuitive level that the sensations she experiences are just the hiccups of a baby. It is impossible to predict the frequency and duration, for someone it is 1 minute, and for another - an hour, once a week or many times a day. However, there is some correlation of hiccups with the consumption of sweet foods for pregnant women.
How to help yourself if hiccups bother?
At 33 weeks before birth, it is still quite far away, and it would be logical to sleep on the eve of sleepless nights with a newborn baby. But the rest of the pregnant woman is disturbed by a pressured and quickly filling bladder, then anxieties and excitements associated with the upcoming birth and cardinal changes in life. And if the baby also decided to play the night and decided to hiccup, what to do then? Here mom can worry not only his health, but also their own comfort.
What if the child hiccups in the womb? If the baby is healthy and his hiccups do not interfere with mom, then nothing. But when long pushes bother and do not allow to fall asleep, it is worth trying to reconsider the diet and do not eat sweets in the evening and before bedtime, because their use can provoke a contraction of the diaphragm in a baby.
When the hiccups occur in the daytime, you can try other means. Effective body position changes, taking a pose on all fours, walking in the fresh air. In addition, the physical activity of the mother, healthy sleep and a balanced diet are the prevention of the very hypoxia that no one wants to face.
Many mothers talk to babies in the tummy - at the behest of the heart or in accordance with the recommendations of experts, it does not matter. A child in the womb is able to distinguish voices, sounds, and is sensitive to touch. If hiccups or excessive activity at an inappropriate hour disturb mother's rest, you can gently talk to the child, put your hand on your stomach, stroke it. Even if the baby does not calm down immediately, you make contact with him and calm down yourself. Remember that hiccups at any time - both at 20 and at 35 weeks - are completely normal.