The structure of the pelvic organs in women and men: what is included and how they are located in the photos and drawings
plane of entry into the pelvis - (planum introitus pelvis) the plane conducted through the upper edge of the pubic symphysis, unnamed lines and cape, separates the pelvis and the pelvis, is included in the classical system of planes used in obstetrics ... The Big Medical Dictionary
Pelvis in general - The pelvis, the pelvis, is represented by two pelvic bones, the sacrum and the coccyx, as well as the pubic symphysis, which, being interconnected by joints, ligaments and two obturator membranes, form the cavity of the pelvis, cavitas pelvis. The pelvis is divided into ... ... Atlas of human anatomy
pelvis - (pelvic girdle), in humans - the part of the skeleton that connects the lower limbs with the trunk. It supports the limbs and supports the internal organs. Formed by paired bones (ileum, pubic, sciatic), as well as the sacrum and ... ... Biological encyclopedic dictionary
Pelvis - I (pelvis) bone ring, formed by two symmetrical pelvic bones, sacrum and tailbone, forming the sacroiliac and the pubic joint. The pelvis forms the girdle of the lower extremities, is the support for the trunk, forms the arch, ... ... Medical encyclopedia
Pelvis (anatomy) - This term has other meanings, see Pelvis. Taz ... Wikipedia
pelvis - (pelvis minor) bone canal, anteriorly limited by the pubic bones and symphysis, behind the pelvic surface of the sacrum and tailbone on the sides of the sciatic and iliac bones, together with the ligaments and the obturator membrane. The pelvis has two ... ... Glossary of terms and concepts on human anatomy
pelvis - (R. plana rachitica) flat T., in which only the direct size of the entrance to the small pelvis is reduced, is observed in women who have had rickets ... A large medical dictionary
pelvis - (pelvis) bone ring formed by the connection of the pelvic bones between themselves and with the sacrum, in which there are large and small pelvis (see). They are separated by a boundary line formed by a cape, an arcuate line of the iliac bones, a crest ... ... Glossary of terms and concepts on human anatomy
Small Dyndovsky Taz - Characteristic Length 17 km Basin Taz Basin of the Taz River Watercourse Ustye Dyndovskiy Taz · Location… Wikipedia
Taz (river) - Taz Characteristic Length 1401 km Pool area 150,000 km² Pool Kara Sea Water discharge 930 m³ / s Watercourse East ... Wikipedia
What is the pelvis and where is it located?
The pelvis is the anatomical space, which is limited to the bones, is located in the lower part of the abdominal cavity. It is important to remember that women have many anatomical features of the structure of the pelvic organs.
The difference is due to the fact that men and women have different genitals. The rectum and the bladder are common to both sexes. In men, the internal reproductive organs (seminal vesicles, prostate gland) also belong to the pelvic cavity.
An interesting fact is that men are smaller in size. Everything is explained by the fact that women are able to bear fruit. No wonder women's hips wider, more massive than men.
Organs of the pelvic area in women, what is included and how are located
We define the female pelvic organs, which is:
- The fallopian tubes,
This is a list of the pelvic organs, which only women have.
All of them are located close to each other, tightly adjoining. Therefore, inflammation often moves from one to another.
- The vagina (vagina) is a muscle whose shape resembles a canal or tube. The average length is 8-10 centimeters. Vagina plays an important role during conception, childbirth. Its important feature is the ability to strongly stretch, which allows the baby to be born.
- The bladder is located under the uterus, above the vagina. Its main function is the accumulation of urine and its preservation until the urinary process.
- Through the rectum excreted fecal masses, slags, toxins, all waste of the body. The tailbone supports it.
- The musculature of the pelvic area is represented by the pelvic floor, which is a collection of muscles. They consist of two layers: deep and superficial.
Thanks to the muscle fibers, all the organs of the small pelvis are sustainably supported in women.
The structure of the reproductive system of women
First, there are large and small labia lips, which protect the vagina from foreign microorganisms, bacteria and aggressive environment. Next comes the vagina itself, and behind it the cervix, which connects the vagina with the uterus.
The uterus is the main organ of the female reproductive system. It is attached to it fertilized egg, which grows and turns into a full-fledged embryo. From the ovaries to the uterus pass the fallopian tubes.
The ovaries are an important part of the female reproductive system. Eggs mature in them, the parameters of the menstrual cycle are regulated, and hormones are secreted: estrogen, progesterone. Through the fallopian tubes, the egg moves to the uterus.
Effective methods for examining female organs inside the pelvis
Most often for the examination of the reproductive female organs and the identification of pathological processes ultrasound is used - briefly ultrasound. It allows you to most accurately examine each of them, to make an accurate diagnosis. This method is also effective for confirming pregnancy.
Most often, the attending physician (gynecologist or therapist) refers to this procedure as a result of the following complaints: abdominal pain, menstrual disorders, delays, if the cycle is too short, abundant or scarce bleeding, with abnormal vaginal discharge, with suspected malignant or benign entities, cysts, endometriosis. As well as an ultrasound helps to identify kidney stones. This type of diagnosis is used for diseases of the urinary tract.
Ultrasound examination successfully solves all these issues without harm to the health of women.
Usually this procedure is scheduled for the 7-11th day of the menstrual cycle. There are types of ultrasound. Preparations for the diagnosis also varies. Many girls and women are afraid of this procedure, but it is completely painless.
An important role in identifying the disease is considered a gynecological examination. The doctor conducts an external examination of the genitals (vagina, small and large labia), anus. Next, using a special tool (mirror) examines the cervix. If there are complaints, the gynecologist takes a smear for research to identify the cause of the appearance of some unpleasant symptoms.
In cases of suspected malignant and benign lesions, magnetic resonance imaging is used. This is the most accurate way to diagnose this type of disease.
How to preserve the health of the female pelvic organs?
If you follow certain recommendations and rules, then maintain health or get rid of sores is not difficult. Doctors recommend to undergo a medical examination annually.
- In the presence of pathology every six months, or even more. If you have pain, discharge, cramps, problems with urination, irregular menstruation, you should visit a specialist as soon as possible, to identify the cause of the problem. Undergo a gynecological examination, pass tests, smear, if necessary, undergo a more thorough diagnosis - ultrasound, MRI, x-rays and so on.
- Next, you need to improve your lifestyle: to get used to the proper balanced diet, drink plenty of water, play sports, walk more often in the fresh air, avoid stress, negative, sleep 8-9 hours a day, relax in time.
- Also, girls and women are not recommended to lift weights, to have excessively heavy loads.
- Be sure to remember! Do not sit on cold ground, concrete, etc. This provokes the appearance of female-like inflammation.
Another important rule is not to have promiscuous sex. If there are no children in the plans, it is imperative to use contraception. To prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, condoms are most effective. Abortions inflict an irreparable blow to women's health, sometimes irreparable.
You should always dress according to the weather, do not wear light clothing in the cold, avoid hypothermia.
Naturally, personal hygiene plays an important role in the health of the reproductive system. It is best to wash 2 times a day, change linen daily.
By following all these simple recommendations and tips, you can maintain the health of the system of the female pelvic organs.
What can a doctor look at an ultrasound if you are not pregnant
Ultrasound is prescribed during the period of preparation for pregnancy (through the abdominal wall or transvaginally), if there are complaints, often in chronic diseases in order to monitor women's health. Also, ultrasound examinations of the pelvic organs are included in the calendar of mandatory examinations of pregnant women:
- In the first trimester, at 9-10 week. Allows you to see the fetal egg, determine its size, as well as distinguish the presence of genetic abnormalities,
- In the second trimester, at 16-20 weeks. On this ultrasound, you can already see the floor of the baby, the structure of the body, the presence of the main organs, the number of limbs, etc. The most important thing is that the ultrasound shows the state of the placenta and the umbilical cord, as well as the blood flow and the quantity of amniotic fluid,
- In the third trimester, from 32 to 34 week. On the third ultrasound, you can already see the features and structure of the face, such a large size has a fetus.
The ultrasound also monitors the state of uterine scars resulting from cesarean section or other surgical procedures.
If necessary, additional examinations are scheduled during pregnancy - MRI diagnostics, CTG, Doppler, etc.
Detection of female diseases
- Characteristic features of the structure of the uterus (two-horned, saddle-shaped, with a partial septum, etc.),
- Dense round or oval formations - fibroids or vaginal cysts,
- Changes in the walls of the uterus - possible cancer problems, inflammatory processes,
- An increase in the size of the ovaries is often one of the symptoms of polycystic
- Changes in the structure of tissues and walls of the uterus - possible endometriosis,
- The presence of impurities in the cavity of the bladder - stones and sand.
Ultrasound detects some signs of the disease, in case of suspicion the doctor conducts additional examinations and prescribes a number of tests. During the course of the inflammatory process in the pelvic cavity, adequate treatment is prescribed. Inflammation inside the bladder, uterus, tubes, or ovaries always brings painful sensations and is often accompanied by secretions. Vaginal diseases make sexual intercourse uncomfortable, and serious diseases can be fatal.
It is recommended that pelvic ultrasound be done to women of childbearing age at least once a year and immediately if there are complaints.
Certain components can be distinguished in the named part of the skeleton: the sacrum, the coccyx, and two pelvic bones. The latter are among the largest in the body. They are endowed with an atypical structure and are responsible, above all, for the support function of the skeleton. The pelvic bones are held together by joints into a ring and form the same cavity.
The pelvis of children and adolescents up to the age of sixteen form three separate bones, over time they grow together and begin to function as a single bone.
Differences in the structure of the pelvis change throughout a person’s life. This factor can be affected by biological processes in the body, professional causes and unexpected turns of fate, which include injuries or pathological processes in the pelvic bones or the spine.
By the pelvic bones of the skeleton, you can easily find out which sex people belong to. This fact is taken into account during archaeological excavations or during medical examinations.
The difference between the male pelvis from the female
The pelvis of the woman has pronounced distinctive features. He performs an important function - takes part in childbirth. This part of the skeleton is the channel through which the baby moves, seeking to leave the womb of the mother. The size of the female pelvis is wider and shorter than that of the male. The joints are located at a greater distance, the bones are thinner than in men. The structure of the female pelvis is also distinguished by the shape of the sacrum, it is wider and less prominent in the fair sex than in men.
The shape of the angle of the pubis of the weaker sex is straighter than in men, the pelvic wings are extended, the protrusions of the sciatic bones are located at a distance. Ahead and sides of the pelvis limit the anonymous bones, and behind the tailbone, continuing the spinal column. The hole of a woman is similar to a cross oval, and a man has a longitudinal one.
The size of the female pelvis
For making a forecast of the process of childbirth and prevention of complications, great attention is paid to size. But to measure a big pelvis as accurately as possible is real, but there is no possibility to calculate the dimensions of the small, therefore they follow from the dimensions of the large. You need to have information about them to determine whether they correspond to the circumference of the head of the nascent fetus.
The female pelvis is endowed with an entrance, a cavity and an exit. There are straight, transverse, oblique right and left section of the pelvis.
The way out of it is covered in women by the bottom, which consists of three layers of muscle tissue, covered with connective tissue sheath. The pelvic floor performs many necessary functions.
The pelvic floor serves as a support for the genital organs located inside and favors their proper placement. It also holds other internal organs. During childbirth, the muscle layers of the pelvic floor of the woman are stretched and form a tube that continues the bone canal.
A woman's pelvis is measured with an instrument called a tasometer.
The organs of the human body have their own special structure and location. It is necessary to have an idea of where the main organs are located in order to be able to determine which of them causes pain before visiting a specialist. The pelvis is the location of a large number of vital organs of the human body.
The organs of the female pelvis, as well as the male, are concentrated in the plane formed by his bones. In medicine, they are divided into common ones, which include the bladder and rectum, as well as especially female and male.
The bladder, similar to the shape of a turnip, is located behind the junction of the bones of the pubis, separating from them by fiber. When this organ is filled, it comes in contact with the abdominal wall. The size of the bubble can vary depending on the measure of its fullness.
The main task of the rectum is the accumulation and elimination of digestive waste from the human body.
Anatomy of the genitals
The genital organs of the female pelvis carry out the processes of fertilization and the birth of a new life, thanks to them the production of sex hormones takes place in the fair sex. These organs are located outside and inside the pelvis.
Genital organs located outside include the pubis, covered with a layer of fat and hair, large and small labia, clitoris:
- Clitoris refers to small, but with special sensitivity and importance of the organs.
- Small lips are folds located between the big lips and the entrance to the vagina, they can be seen outside of the big lips and be more saturated color. They are able to become more at the time of sexual desire.
- Large labia are located on the sides of the genital slit. Their skin from the outside is covered with hair, it contains sweat and sebaceous glands. Inside they are covered with the finest pinkish skin.
- Under the large and small lips is a hole designed to remove urine from the body. Under it there is a hole in the vagina, which closes the innocent girls hymen.
These genitals are located inside the female pelvis, so they are called internal:
- Vagina. It is a muscular elastic tube of a certain length.
- The uterus, which is a muscular organ and includes the body and neck. Her body is located in the center of the pelvis of a woman. Mouths, located in the upper corners, are the points of attachment of the uterus to the tubes.
The endometrium covers the walls of the uterus. Under the influence of sex hormones, he is waiting for the egg, which has undergone fertilization, and if it does not appear, leaves the uterus, causing menstrual bleeding.
The purpose of the uterus of a woman is to be a receptacle for the fetus, in which it develops.
The female pelvis is the location of the ovaries, which are located on the sides of the uterus. They produce and contain many eggs that ripen here. Mature eggs are sent to the fallopian tube, where they can expect sperm. If fertilization has occurred, then the egg enters the body of the uterus through the tube.
MRI of the pelvic organs in women
Recently, magnetic resonance imaging has become one of the sought-after diagnostic methods. С ее помощью реально изучить женский таз и получить исчерпывающую информацию о состоянии всех органов человеческого тела.MRI can not have a harmful effect on the body, although it has certain limitations.
An MRI of the pelvic organs in women provides an opportunity to examine in detail the condition of the internal organs, to reveal the presence of pathological processes in them in the early stages of development. It is able to significantly facilitate the diagnosis of diseases, to assist in the selection of the right course of treatment.
During the MRI, a person who has taken a horizontal position is placed in the camera of a special tomograph. It is a scan of a certain part of the body.
In the field of gynecology, a special role belongs to safety, since health problems can have a detrimental effect on the development of a baby, even if a woman does not expect a child during diagnosis.
Main indications for using MRI
MRI, as a rule, is prescribed to patients with certain symptoms:
- the presence of tumors
- pain in the pelvic region,
- the presence of stones or sand in the bladder,
- problems in the development of the genitourinary system,
- injuries in the pelvic area.
The female pelvis needs careful attention and timely research.