Preparation and planning of pregnancy on Medside
Pregnancy is a great test for the female body. And it is precisely in what condition the future mother will meet her baby, the course of the pregnancy and the health of the crumbs largely depends. By the way, the health of the future dad also plays an important role. Therefore, to conceive both partners must be approached fully armed. There are several main stages of pregnancy planning.
Preparation for pregnancy (Stage 1) - Bad habits
According to medical records, people who are tempered by drinking (only on holidays), it is enough to stop drinking alcohol about three months before the intended conception. This applies to both men and women. Although red wine in reasonable quantities is permitted. The situation is more difficult with nicotine. Smoking women are advised to give up cigarettes a year before the alleged conception. It is enough for men to do this three months before the appointed day. It is during this period that nicotine is completely eliminated from the body. By the way, this also applies to passive smokers. So if you have to be in a smoke-filled room every day, you need to take urgent measures. Passive smoking is even more harmful for the expectant mother than the real one.
Stage 2 - Proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle
Meals of a typical city dweller cannot be called correct and complete, especially for me. My favorite dishes are ice cream and chocolate, and I associate dairy products with medicine. But nothing can be done. For the sake of the health of the future child (and of her own) decided to switch to proper nutrition. Bought a bunch of various cheeses and curds. It turns out that they are not as nasty as I thought. I am starting to like this way of life.
According to medical statistics, women who approach pregnancy completely healthy and full of strength do not practically suffer from toxicosis (especially in the first half of pregnancy), and the risk of miscarriage is much less. That is why the menu of the future mother long before conception should be as diverse as possible. Dairy products, cheese, fish, whole-grain bread, meat, greens, as well as fresh vegetables and fruits should be present on your table every day. Also, special attention should be paid to your daily routine and, if necessary, radically revise it. Sleepless nights and work without rest breaks are not suitable for the expectant mother. It is necessary to plan your working day wisely and sleep at least eight hours a day. The body must rest before the upcoming test.
Stage 3 - It's time to drink the vitamins
Many vital organs of the child are formed in the first few weeks after conception. And by the time the test shows the cherished two strips, the embryo is already at least two or three weeks old. Therefore, doctors recommend approximately three months before conception to begin taking multivitamins for pregnant women. It is much more convenient than all the vitamins taken separately. In addition, multivitamins for future mothers contain all the necessary vitamins and trace elements that you now need, and, most importantly, in the right proportions. If for some reason multivitamins are contraindicated to you (this is determined by the doctor), then take folic acid alone. It is with a lack of folic acid that the development of all kinds of pathologies in the unborn child is attributed.
Stage 4 - Choosing a doctor
This is the final stage of pregnancy planning. For the next nine months, the gynecologist will be for you the most important doctor. The health of the future mother and baby largely depends on his professionalism. Therefore, the choice of a doctor should be approached with all responsibility. There are many options here - from the district doctor in the antenatal clinic to specialists in commercial medical centers. And the rule "the more expensive the better" does not work here. Practice shows that many high-class professionals work in women's clinics. You just need to look good.
Planning a pregnancy - Before you start
Before you begin the most enjoyable part of the event, you need to undergo a medical examination. Until pregnancy has come, it is much easier to do. And if necessary, it will be time to recover and meet the unborn child completely healthy.
To undergo a medical examination and get tested preferably in the same place where you plan to observe pregnancy. In this case, the results of the analyzes will immediately be recorded on your card, and then you will not have to do them again. In this case, it is not necessary to pass all the specialists who only exist in the clinic.
The first step is to visit your gynecologist. The doctor will conduct a general examination of the reproductive system (genitals, ovaries and uterus). It is on these organs that the main burden falls upon conceiving and carrying a child. And any deviations from the norm can cause you a lot of trouble during pregnancy and childbirth.
In addition to examination, the gynecologist should take a smear test for sexually transmitted diseases from you (chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureoplasma, etc.). If you find any of these diseases, then before you get pregnant, you need to recover. Moreover, you and the future father will have to undergo treatment. If you do not cure these diseases before pregnancy, they can lead to miscarriage and even death of the fetus.
The doctor will also give you a referral for a blood test for AIDS, antibodies to rubella, chickenpox, toxoplasmosis, hepatitis B and C, herpes, for the determination of your blood type and rhesus factor and for iron. All these diseases are very dangerous during pregnancy. For example, rubella in the first trimester can lead to deafness or heart disease in the future baby. A blood test for AIDS is necessary for all expectant mothers, even if you are absolutely confident in yourself and your partner. By the way, a blood test to determine the blood group and Rh factor should be passed on to the future pope. This analysis shows whether you and your child are at risk due to the conflict of your blood types or Rh factors. A blood test for iron will help prevent anemia, which often occurs during pregnancy. If necessary, your doctor will prescribe iron supplements.
Vaccinations are made depending on the result of a blood test. If you have never had chickenpox, hepatitis B or rubella, and if the analysis shows the absence of antibodies to any of these viruses, then before pregnancy you should be given appropriate vaccinations. Hepatitis B vaccine is given for six months (three injections in total) and after the last injection you cannot get pregnant for at least three months. After vaccination against chickenpox and rubella also need to be protected for three months. If you are planning an autumn-winter pregnancy, it is advisable to get a flu vaccine in advance. The flu vaccine lasts about 6-7 months, so last year's vaccine no longer protects. In addition, the flu virus changes every year and, therefore, a new vaccine is needed.
Remember the expression that every child is worth a tooth? In order for it not to be justified it is necessary to visit the dentist. In principle, the teeth can be treated during pregnancy, but it is better to do it in advance. After all, expectant mothers should avoid X-rays. Teeth are not nails: new ones will not grow. Need to treat. By the way, before the onset of pregnancy in the treatment of teeth, you can use a variety of strong painkillers and "frost", which are contraindicated for expectant mothers.
It is advisable to visit before the pregnancy endocrinologist and check the condition of the thyroid gland. Especially if you suffer from endocrine disruption. First, the doctor examines the thyroid gland for ultrasound, and then, if negative changes are detected, it is necessary to pass additional tests for cholesterol and the content of various hormones in the blood. During pregnancy, the load on the endocrine system increases, and even healthy people can have problems. By the way, the lack of iodine in the body of the future mother may not be the best way to affect the mental development of the child.
Another very important doctor is - geneticist. A visit to genetics is not necessary, but desirable. A visit to genetics is obligatory for those who fall into the genetic risk group (children with genetic disorders were born, the first child was born sick, you or the husband suffer from hereditary diseases, etc.).
If you suffer from chronic diseases or have previously suffered a serious illness, then you should visit additional specialists of the appropriate profile. Indeed, during pregnancy can worsen chronic diseases. A previously serious illness may affect the course of pregnancy. Therefore, in these cases immediately before conception and during pregnancy, it is necessary to be observed not only by the gynecologist, but also by additional specialists.
Now that the preparation is over, the most pleasant part of the process ahead is conception.
Basic calculation methods
There is no one exact way to get pregnant. It all goes differently. Do not throw out of sight the concept of chance and fate. However, there is a universal method of calculation, which according to the statistics works for most married couples.
In the female body all cyclically. Menstruation and ovulation occur every month. A girl can become pregnant only once a month during ovulation. The average (classic) cycle for a woman is carried out in 28 days. The maturation of the egg occurs in the middle of the cycle, i.e. on the 14-15 day. On the day of ovulation, as well as a few days before and after it, the percentage of the possibility of conceiving a child is very large. But this is the perfect option.
A woman’s body is a very complex system and factors such as stress, diet, exercise and much more have a huge impact on it.
For this reason, the above average values may shift. So, for example, ovulation may occur not in the middle of the cycle, but after only a few days after the menstruation, or even closer to the end of the cycle. Also, ovulation in this month may not be, despite the presence of menstruation.
What you need to know before planning a pregnancy
Any woman sooner and later comes to the conclusion that she will become a mother. Already in three years playing with her friend as a daughter-mother, the girl prepares for who she will be in twenty years. But time passes, we carry this thought in our heads and wait - who is impatient and who is wary about when this will happen. How to understand that the “moment” has come? Let's try to figure it out.
Psychological aspect of pregnancy planning
Remember the epilogue to the "Captain's Daughter"? “Take care of honor from the young,” Alexander Pushkin bequeathed to us. Planning a pregnancy is one of the ways to enter into the new status of a parent correctly, honestly. Therefore, the first thing that should be done by any woman who wants to have a baby, but is not pregnant yet, sincerely answer the following questions to herself:
- Why do you need a child? Why do you want it?
Possible answer options:
- the years go by, then it will be more difficult
- I am the only one without children,
- I want my mother to see her grandchildren,
- I won't be so lonely with a child
- keep her husband
- take a loan / build an apartment / get benefits / ...
If at least something from this list responds to you, you should very carefully evaluate your maternal abilities. Because none of the above points has a child as a result of strong mutual love between two adults, but only capricious aspirations to attract attention, self-actualize ... In a word, to achieve their goals through another living person.
- Are you ready for the appearance of the baby?
This question implies a concrete, cold-blooded, full of prudence in the first place answer. Why? Because before acquiring a new quality of life, a new social role, you should evaluate all available resources.
Very possibly, you are very eager and very willing to become a mom. If you feel that endorphins and confidence are going wild, and your eyes are obscured by images of rosy and blue diapers, in this state you should not make this decision. It is very likely that you are simply under the influence of hormones and are not able to make such fateful decisions. Wait out the hormonal storm, and return to this question in a couple of days / weeks. Perhaps your desire to get pregnant was dictated by ovulation. If feelings and aspirations remain unchanged, it means that you have already really made the right decision.
- Is there a person ready to support you?
Today it is not uncommon: the girl wants a child now, and she decides to marry later - they say, she will have time, but you can’t rewind the time ago. Such motivation has the right to life, but keep in mind that now you are truly independent and strong, but the moment will come when you will be two - and one will depend on you so much that you will have no time for your personal life, desire will miss. Consider: it is possible to cope with pregnancy alone, but it is difficult. And it would be better to have a person with you who was able to support, help, and sometimes just to be there. At least secure it. Do you have such a person - who will not leave you in a difficult moment?
Health status when planning pregnancy
You can not run a marathon, even after reading a multipage manual on how to run a marathon. And now we are talking not even about the need for preliminary training (we will discuss this below), but about how to proceed correctly to the preparation for the marathon.
As in big-time sports, before conceiving you should always think about where you start from. Is your immunity strong enough? How long do you indulge in bad habits? Are there any complications in your health that reduce the quality of your life even without an additional load in the form of pregnancy? Or maybe you lead an active sports (or not) career, which you will not be easy to combine with pregnancy?
All these questions sound very scary, right? Having decided to become pregnant, you should understand that voluntarily and permanently leave the familiar comfort zone. But do not be upset. Pregnancy does not mean that you have to “score” on professional growth or forever abandon your favorite pastries. Everything is relative. For example, with regard to migraines and painful periods, these symptoms disappear in most girls after the birth of their first child. Now it is important to properly assess your initial "level" of training. Calmly analyze all the points that alarm you and may undergo changes due to pregnancy, and forward to planning!
Planning a pregnancy: the age of a woman wanting to be in position
I repeat: to give birth to a child just because you are afraid of missing the “right age” is stupid! Nevertheless, it is often this moment that is the decisive factor in solving this kind of question. If you honestly (even if not always correctly) answered the above questions, then you are aware of the upcoming responsibility and changes that will occur in your life not after birth, but immediately after conceiving a child.
Age is always one of the last factors in favor of pregnancy. Because you want you do not want, and after 35 years of age, the reproductive function of a woman begins to fade. And, if you want to give birth to more than one baby, you should not put off planning for pregnancy. For 10 years - from 25 to 35 - the girl’s body literally sings that it’s time for a new life to appear. Take this challenge with joy if you feel you are ready.
When to prepare for pregnancy?
You can start planning a pregnancy anytime. Doctors advise to attend to pressing issues no later than three months before the desired pregnancy. In this case, all the stages of preparation must go through both partners. This is a prerequisite, since the infantile behavior of a young person can also become a risk factor and affect the future pregnancy.
Logically, planning can be completed if the pregnancy has already taken place. However, this is not quite true. The period of preparation for conception is the time when it is not terrible to “break off”: for example, you can allow yourself to smoke the “last cigarette”. However, for the next 9 cherished months, as long as the embryo grows and develops in your body, you better keep yourself in control. Therefore, in fact, even after the immediate planning of the pregnancy is completed, your lifestyle will largely remain the same during pregnancy. Is that the trouble will increase.
Планирование беременности: факторы риска будущей беременности
На что в первую очередь стоит обратить внимание тем, кто планирует беременность?
- Патологические заболевания — не только у родителей, но и дальше в роду. Предрасположенность к некоторым болезням передаются генетически через поколения, и выявить их можно только сдав специальные тесты. Talk to relatives, consult with your family doctor.
- Age. With age, the woman's body is transformed, begins to fade, so pregnancy after 35 can threaten a woman with medical complications.
- Promiscuous sex life, unprotected sex. The main problems facing such a lifestyle are diseases: infectious, parasitic, sexually transmitted infections ... Any disease related to the above, firstly, is very difficult to treat, and secondly, it rarely resolves without consequences. Even if you managed to regain the primordial "purity" of gynecological tests, you need to remember that after all you have to go through an additional rehabilitation course.
- Do you work in adverse conditions? Do you often use toxic chemicals, devices that emit dangerous waves? Remember: in the period from conception to 9 weeks, the woman's body is the most susceptible and vulnerable. According to statistics, in 3-6% of congenital anomalies of the fetus develop in connection with risky living and working conditions.
- Chronic infections - ranging from sluggish caries and thrush can aggravate at the most inopportune moment and make it necessary to take serious medications.
- As is clear from the paragraph above, planning conception, you can not take separate groups of drugs. Among the undesirable are hormonal drugs (contraceptives, steroids), antibiotics. It should take at least 2 months before conception in order for the body to return to the course of independent work, which will best affect the health of the future baby.
- Nicotine, caffeine, alcohol and other drugs should be explicitly excluded. Unconditionally.
- Another substance that is strictly forbidden to use inside during pregnancy planning is sage.
- Stress. This is a risk factor for the development of pathologies in any field of medicine, including when conceiving a child. You will seriously help yourself if you carefully answer the questions from the first part of this article, since it is the subconscious processes that lead to latent stress, which is particularly difficult to identify, which is difficult to cope with.
This is not all risk factors that should be paid attention to - the list is literally endless. However, we have listed the most basic, which the majority of expectant parents, as a rule, allow in their lives. If you are afraid of the amount of probable dangerous, try to calm down: risk factors accompany literally EVERY couple who wants or has already conceived a child.
Planning for pregnancy: the lifestyle of future parents
In many ways, the lifestyle of future parents is dictated by risk factors that should be avoided. However, they can be translated into a positive direction, so as not to prohibit bad habits, and replace them with useful ones. Think about it, but for now we will tell you what kind of lifestyle future parents should lead (both!) In order to give birth to a healthy baby.
- Take care of your body. You do not need to overload yourself with serious workouts, just a couple of hours a day walking in the park to bring the body into shape. Warning: do not overdo it with thermal procedures. About saunas and baths while it is better to forget.
- You have long wanted to go on a diet, but were constantly forced to indulge their weaknesses due to stress factors? Now is the time for this venture, because now you have the strongest motivation in the world: to give birth to a healthy baby! This will benefit all, including the activity of the sperm of the future father.
- Sleep 8 hours a day. Now it’s not just possible, but necessary!
- Vitamins are very important when planning pregnancy. If your pregnancy is not an exception from general trends, then you will need a complex of multivitamins, which are now widely distributed throughout the world. However, be careful when choosing drugs.
Visit doctors during pregnancy preparation
If it seems to you that during a systematic examination you will learn everything about your body, get ready to hear more. You have to go through almost a dozen doctoral hands to make sure that you are ready to conceive.
- gynecologist / urologist,
Here is a partial list of doctors that you will have to visit without fail. After visiting the therapist it will be clear which specialists you should visit in addition. As a rule, these will be doctors whose activities are related to your past or current chronic diseases.
What vitamins when planning pregnancy must be taken
Attitudes toward drugs in a couple planning to conceive a child should be skeptical. Experimenting with medications, it is easy to break the balance between what will be beneficial and harmful. For women who are going to get pregnant for the first time and are not exceptions (they do not have dangerous pathologies to conceive), the composition of the vitamin “diet” is as follows.
- Folic acid (B9) - 800 mg. It is necessary for all mothers, without exception. It can be used both in products and in medical preparations. With a lack of B9 in the mother's body, the fetus may in the future develop pathologies of the nervous system.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E) when planning pregnancy is necessary for the expectant mother. It will help to conceive and bear a child, has an overwhelming effect on inflammatory processes. In order not to lower the level of vitamin E in the body, give up coffee, strong tea, alcohol, contraceptives.
- Iron (at least 60 mg in vitamin complexes for pregnant women) is necessary for the prevention of anemia.
- Vitamin D3 is very important for the body - it helps strengthen the bones, which will be very useful for a woman planning to carry a child weighing about 3 kg at the time of birth. However, with this drug should be very careful and not exceed the dosage of 500 IU per day, otherwise it threatens abnormalities in the physical development of the fetus.
- Cobalamin (vitamin B12) stimulates metabolic processes in the body, including the hematopoietic function of the body.
Today, there are many vitamin-mineral complexes for pregnant women and those who want to be in the position of women. One of the best when planning pregnancy is feimbion. But despite the fact that it is most balanced, you should not start the application without consulting a doctor.
Pregnancy planning in particular cases
In general, this text is dedicated to girls who want to prepare for their first pregnancy. But what if your case is special? If you have already completed all the steps above, now you will certainly need a different plan of action. What cases require close attention or a radically different preparation for conceiving a baby? This planning:
- ... second pregnancy
- ... after ectopic pregnancy,
- ... after suffering a missed pregnancy,
- ... pregnancy after cesarean
- ... after laparoscopy.
These and other cases require the search for an individual pregnancy preparation program, often approximately six months before the desired conception date. Therefore, do not delay the moment of going to the doctor.
In addition to vitamins, women are often prescribed hormonal drugs that help the female body to prepare, to reorganize the necessary way in order to best postpone pregnancy. Many of them are shown only to women who, for whatever reason, the birth of a child did not take place (due to habitual abortion, other pathologies).
- Duphaston refers to the so-called "hormones of pregnancy." It helps to bring the menstrual cycle back to normal, has a positive effect on the organs of the female reproductive system, helps her body store fat, which will help her to provide the vital energy supply.
- Utrozhestan is also shown to women who for some reason fail to bear a child. Its action aims to ensure that the female body endured (and not otorga, for example) the fruit.
- The bogus womb is another drug that will suit women who have been trying to get pregnant for a long time without success. It contains phytohormones that affect the menstrual cycle. However, doctors do not always welcome the drugs of traditional medicine, especially in such delicate business as pregnancy planning.
Pregnancy Calendar Planner
A pregnancy calendar is a very useful thing. With it, you can not only follow the development of the fetus, but even choose the desired date of birth of the child!
Getting started with your pregnancy calendar is easy.
Step 1: Count your menstrual cycle. Mark in the calendar the days of the beginning of the month for a few months - and you will identify the pattern. As a rule, this number is from 25 to 32 days.
Step 2: Calculate Ovulation Days. This is also a cycle, like the menstrual cycle, and it usually lasts from 5 to 7 days. Ovulation occurs approximately one and a half to two weeks after the start of menstruation (also depends on the duration of menstruation). The peak of the probability of becoming pregnant falls on the average day of this cycle.
Step 3: Calculate the date of birth of the baby. To do this, you need, in case the pregnancy has come, to count out 45 weeks ... and prepare for the appearance of a small bundle of happiness!
If you doubt your mathematical ability or just want to hedge, on the Internet you can easily find a calendar planner of pregnancy, which will accompany you throughout the term of gestation.