How and what to treat candidal balanoposthitis in men? Can I refuse treatment?
Candida balanoposthitis belongs to the group of inflammatory pathologies that occur against the background of excessive reproduction of fungal microorganisms. The disease affects the inner part of the foreskin, as well as the head of the penis in men. In recent years, the number of patients who have addressed this problem has increased. Most likely, this is due to the popularity of public swimming pools and gyms, where people most often get infected.
To cure fungal balanoposthitis or candidal balanitis, doctors use a combination therapy. Immunostimulating drugs are prescribed simultaneously with vitamin complexes, as well as antifungal drugs. It would not be superfluous to follow a diet and maintain a proper lifestyle, which will strengthen the body's protective abilities.
The causes of the disease
Candida balanoposthitis in men can occur due to a variety of reasons. The most common ones include the following:
- long-term use of hormonal drugs
- phimosis acquired at birth,
- detergents, drugs and food allergies,
- lack of personal hygiene regarding genitals,
- autoimmune abnormalities
- sex without contraceptives with a woman who has candidal vaginitis,
- some skin diseases, such as psoriasis or dermatitis,
- overweight, obesity,
- mechanical damage to the male genital organ.
Candida balanoposthitis applies not only to unpleasant pathologies, but also is dangerous to the health of men. The first manifestations of the disease are accompanied by symptoms such as:
- Any changes in the appearance of the foreskin. These include swelling or swelling.
- Redness This symptom sometimes appears after excessive drinking. In this case, even if no other signs of the disease are noticed, it is necessary to immediately be examined. Some patients postpone a visit to the doctor, because they think that this is a common allergic reaction to alcoholic beverages, but this is a mistake. If you tighten further, red spots will soon appear on the head of the penis.
- Discomfort in the groin area. These include symptoms such as unpleasant odor, burning and itching.
- Damage to the inner leaflet of the foreskin.
After such signs, the man should urgently begin treatment for candidal balanoposthitis. Otherwise, the condition will worsen and the patient will suffer from more severe symptoms, namely:
- swollen lymph nodes in the groin area,
- the appearance of sites with dead epithelium particles,
- the occurrence of erosions and ulcers on the head of the penis. After a certain period of time, discharge from these problem areas begins to occur. They are especially noticeable after immediately after intercourse,
- peeling of the dermis around erosions,
- pain when urinating. After each trip to the toilet, a white substance will be released from the urethra.
Symptoms also depend on the form of the disease, acute or chronic. In the first case, candidal balanoposthitis provokes severe pain of the penis, its redness, as well as increased temperature. As for the chronic form of the disease, the patient will suffer from edema, redness of the head of the penis and its constant moisture. Symptomatology becomes more intense immediately after intercourse or in places with high humidity.
How is the diagnosis of the disease
To begin with, the doctor conducts a conversation with the patient and learns from him how the candidal balanoposthitis manifested itself and when its first signs were noticed. Next, the man will be sent to the delivery of the following tests:
- Urine analysis (bacteriological). It is necessary to determine the nature of the origin of the infectious disease.
- Scraping taken from the urethra. This analysis is necessary to exclude the presence of syphilis in the patient.
- General urine analysis. This study will provide insight into whether inflammatory processes exist in the body. This will be known due to the increased number of leukocytes in urine.
- Polymer chain reaction. This type of research will recognize the type of infection. It will provide an opportunity to choose the most effective drugs for the treatment of acute or chronic candidal balanoposthitis in men.
- A blood test is taken in almost all cases to determine if the patient has any other diseases. It is made to determine the number of leukocytes and the erythrocyte sedimentation rate. If the number of the first exceeds the norm, and ESR is increased, then the body is under the influence of inflammatory processes.
Candida balanoposthitis treatment
A man should see a doctor immediately after candidal balanoposthitis showed its first symptoms. These include burning, itching and redness of the foreskin.
Note! If you ignore this advice, over time, the disease will take an acute or chronic form, which is extremely undesirable for the patient and dangerous for his health. In this case, the symptoms worsen. In order to visually study the consequences, every man can familiarize himself with a photo of Candida balanoposthitis at these stages.
Also, when the pathology is neglected, the patient has every chance of exacerbation in the form of the development of prostatitis and infection of internal organs. What kind of treatment will be used by the doctor, local or systemic, depends on the reason that provoked the excessive reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
More therapy is based on the stage of the pathology, the degree of damage to the organs of the reproductive system. If the disease is related to chronic or immune diseases, first of all, you need to save the patient from his symptoms. If the patient's condition improves, it will also contribute to the gradual disappearance of the signs of thrush.
One of the prerequisites for full recovery and successful treatment is the passage of therapy together with the sexual partner, if any. This will prevent recurrence and save the patient from the transition of the disease to the chronic form. While both are taking the medication, it is better to avoid any sexual intercourse or use condoms. Almost all medicines are available in the form of an ointment, cream or solution. The most effective and common ones are:
Therapy should always be comprehensive and include the following features:
- Candida balanoposthitis involves careful daily care of the genital organs, involving the cleansing of the penis from cottage cheese plaque.
- To reduce erosive skin lesions and affect the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms, it is necessary to use powdered Dermatol or Streptocyte powder every day.
- Taking trays with the addition of drugs such as furatsillin, dioksidin or potassium permanganate.
- In order to completely cure candidal balanoposthitis, it is necessary to apply special preparations on the head of the penis every day and leave until completely absorbed into the skin.
What are the types of therapy?
Depending on the severity of the disease, specialists for treatment can use 3 types of therapy, namely:
- complex therapy. It includes not only the treatment of genital organs, but also the reception of pharmacological agents. To begin successfully treating candidal balanoposthitis, it is enough to take fluconazole once a day. It is capable of disrupting membrane biosynthesis and destroying fungal microorganisms. In addition, a man must follow a diet, not drink alcohol and eat right. Also it is necessary to exclude spicy dishes, rich food, pickled and sweet delicacies from the diet. To restore immunity to a tone, the patient must take immunostimulants and supplements in the form of vitamin complexes. The duration of such treatment always depends on the severity of the disease and the effectiveness of the therapy applied.
- local therapy. This type of treatment involves treating only the affected organ with ointments or other preparations. The patient will have to take care of himself daily, that is, to prepare the baths at home, to remove the secretions and plaque. In this case, the doctor will prescribe antimycotic drugs, usually such a course of treatment is about 14 days. It is very important to adhere to all recommendations of the doctor, and already after the first 7 days the patient will feel the improvement and almost complete disappearance of the symptoms of the disease,
- surgical intervention. Most often, surgery is required for those patients who have started candidal balanoposthitis, and as a result, it has become chronic. The procedure involves a longitudinal incision of the foreskin of the penis. If the operation is successful, the patient will be prescribed additional treatment with medication. Antifungal and antibacterial agents will be included.
What are preventive measures?
To prevent disease, every man must follow some simple rules, namely:
- It is not recommended to constantly have sexual relations with unverified partners. This is especially true of unprotected sex. The probability of infection is significantly reduced if the partner is one and for a long time. For more confidence, you can visit the doctor and conduct the necessary research. Since each of the pair may not be aware of the presence of any deviations.
- Do not apply self-medication.
- Daily personal hygiene.
- Regular underwear change.
- Eating foods such as natural yogurt, garlic, grapefruit juice, red pepper, lingonberries. Such food helps to suppress the activity of fungal infections.
- Examination by a urologist every six months.
- It is recommended to buy only such underwear that is not sewn from synthetic materials.
Causes and symptoms
Balanoposthitis is an inflammatory disease affecting the inner leaf of the foreskin. Often accompanied by urethritis and balanitis, as well as other inflammations in the urinary organs. The cause of the disease is Candida fungus.
The disease can be presented in an acute form, in which the symptoms manifest quickly.
In more rare cases, the chronic form develops, with its characteristic signs appear several months after infection.
The acute form of balanoposthitis is much easier to treat, the latent stage is characterized by frequent relapses that weaken the patient’s natural immunity.
The emergence and development of candidal balanitis is affected by a whole complex of reasons. The most frequent are:
- effects of antibiotic treatment, weakening the immune system,
- prolonged use of hormones
- autoimmune diseases
- obesity or overweight,
- insufficient hygiene of the genitals,
- congenital phimosis
- dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin diseases,
- allergic reaction to food, detergents, drugs,
- mechanical damage to the foreskin and glans penis,
- unprotected sex with a partner suffering from candidal vaginitis.
In this case, the treatment is extended, but timely diagnosis can completely eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of balanopostitis and prevent relapses.
Candida fungus is quite active and the characteristic symptoms appear within a few days after the onset of the disease. In the first days, the patient notes an increase in the amount of smegma under the foreskin, itching and a general feeling of discomfort. For developing candidal dystroma characteristic of:
- copious greyish or dull-white cheesy discharge with an unpleasant odor,
- burning when urinating,
- swelling of the glans penis,
- redness, red spots and skin rashes,
- wounds and scuffs,
- pain during intercourse.
If untreated, the symptoms become more pronounced.
Discharge increases, they become especially abundant after intercourse.
Unpleasant smell from the genitals becomes more noticeable, it disappears after a shower, but after a couple of hours it returns again.
The patient has enlarged lymph nodes, fever, interruptions in sleep and appetite.
There are complications in the form of cicatricial phimosis and abundant white discharge from the urethra.
In a neglected form, necrosis, painful erosion of bright red color are possible.
Photo Candida balanoposthitis
Below you can see a photo of candidal balanoposthitis in men:
Candida balanoposthitis in men: treatment and prevention
How to treat candidal balanoposthitis in men? During treatment, special attention should be paid to hygiene. It is necessary several times a day to wash the penis and the perineum with warm water and neutral soap or gel. The slightest infection can cause a relapse. You can not use flavored gels and foam baths that can provoke irritation.
It is necessary to change linen daily, using for washing only hypoallergenic powders and gels that do not irritate the skin. Underwear should fit the size, preferred pants from high-quality cotton knitwear.
How to treat?
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in men should be started after the first signs appear.
After visiting the therapist, the patient receives a referral to a urologist and undergoes a series of tests confirming the nature of the disease.
It is important to exclude the presence of sexually transmitted infections that require special treatment.
If the cause of the disease is phimosis, a prompt solution of the problem is recommended, followed by antifungal and general strengthening therapy.
How to treat candidal balanoposthitis in men? With a simple balanoposthis, a patient is prescribed a complex of antimycotic drugs in the form of tablets, capsules, ointments and creams. They are supplemented with immunostimulating and antimicrobial agents, as well as vitamins.
Every day the patient takes a bath with a pale pink solution of potassium permanganate, furatsillinom, dioksidinom. Water should not be too hot, the procedure lasts 5-7 minutes.
During the bath, you need to move the foreskin away so that the water penetrates into the areas where secretions accumulate.
Medicinal ointments Clotrimazole or Lamisil are suitable for removing the fungus. They are applied in a thin layer under the foreskin and on the head of the penis, rubbing until completely absorbed. Processing is done in the morning and evening, the course is designed for 2 weeks.
Powder with dermatol, streptocide and xenoform will help to dry the inflammations.
Simultaneously with external preparations, oral medications are being taken. Fluconazole with enhanced antifungal activity has proven itself well. Per day, take up to 150 mg of the drug, drinking it down with plenty of water. It is undesirable to use antibiotics, but for acute inflammations, sometimes drugs of the tetracycline or penicillin series are used.
The therapeutic complex includes vitamin preparations. strengthens the immune system and accelerates recovery. The patient needs vitamins A, C, E, B, amino acids, potassium, magnesium and zinc. Immunomodulators in the form of capsules and tablets will help restore the normal microflora.
Traditional medicine: what to choose?
It is possible to treat candidal balanoposthitis with preparations prepared according to popular recipes.
In the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in men at home are widely used medicinal herbs with antibacterial, wound healing, sedative and regenerating effect: pharmaceutical chamomile, nettle, yarrow, calendula, eucalyptus leaves or hypericum.
A handful of raw materials are brewed with 2 liters of boiling water, infused, filtered and used for warm or cool baths. They relieve swelling well, soothe burning and itching. From the finished decoction, you can make compresses and lotions with wound-healing and soothing effects.
To accelerate the tightening of small ulcers and wounds will help home ointment. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of crushed calendula flowers (preferably fresh) pour 80 ml of refined vegetable oil. Capacity lid and insist on the sun for 3 weeks, shaking from time to time. After that, filter the oil and carefully squeeze out the soaked flowers. Daily ointment is applied to the damaged areas and gently rubbed. The course lasts until complete healing of wounds.
Treat skin damage can be crushed leaves of plantain, lotions with freshly squeezed juice of agave, kalanchoe or aloe. Tampons soaked in juice are applied to the wounds for 4 hours, the course lasts 7-10 days.
Raw materials, taken in equal shares, mixed in a separate container. 2 tbsp. spoon mixture brewed with a glass of boiling water and infused for 40 minutes. After straining the infusion is divided into 2 halves. One drink during the day before bedtime, the other is used for douching.
Medicinal teas with hawthorn, wild rose, black raspberry and currant leaves will help strengthen the immune system. You can drink them for several months by adding a little liquid honey to taste.
It is necessary to supplement the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis with a low-calorie diet, rich in fruits and vegetables. Необходимо отказаться от копченостей, солений, маринадов, острых приправ и алкоголя. Нежелательно употреблять дрожжевой хлеб, сдобу, сладости.It is necessary to drink more, including in the daily diet green tea, homemade fruit drinks and fresh juices, detoxifying and strengthening the immune system. Very useful low-fat dairy products, normalizing the microflora.
Can I refuse treatment?
Inflammation caused by Candida fungi is not too dangerous.
However, it does not go away on its own. If untreated, malaise takes on a chronic form.
Acute bouts of burning and itching alternate with periods of rest when the patient feels completely healthy. However, the symptoms always return, with periods of recession shortening over time.
Lack of treatment can trigger the spread of inflammation to other organs.
If Candida is detected, both partners must be treated, otherwise the fungus will be constantly transmitted and the disease in the pair will become chronic. During treatment, only sex with barrier contraceptives is possible, it is desirable to temporarily reduce the intensity of sexual life.
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis is a long process which can not be abandoned. In the absence of therapy, the disease may become chronic, and the patient faces complications. For treatment there is a huge range of effective drugs, only a doctor can choose the right ones.
What causes the disease in men?
Based on clinical studies, it was found that about 70% of the male population of the globe suffer from this disease. There are many causative factors for its occurrence. They are classified into: primary and secondary.
- Sex with a partner whose genital tract is affected by thrush.
- The presence in the male body of latent infectious processes, chlamydia, gonorrhea.
- High blood sugar. The mechanism of development of balanoposthitis in diabetes mellitus is that a person suffers from overweight, and, consequently, excessive sweating. All this contributes to the active reproduction of pathogenic microflora, including fungi.
- Uncontrolled antibiotics. This results in resistance (addiction) to the drug, as well as weakening of the immune status. This is a very important etiological factor, since for men it is not easy to treat candidal balanoposthitis in this situation.
- Abuse of alcoholic and low alcohol beverages.
- Phimosis is a pathological process characterized by a narrowing of the foreskin.
- Stress factor and insufficient intake of vitamins in the body provokes the development of chronic candidal balanoposthitis.
- Neglect of the rules of hygienic care.
- Skin diseases.
- Genetic factor.
The clinical picture of the disease
The simple form of acute balanoposthitis is characterized by the lightest manifestations. Visually detected hyperemia (redness), swelling and wet softening of the tissues of the foreskin. Less likely to see ulcers. Then the patient begins to complain of discomfort (itching, burning) and pain during the process of urination. Palpation also causes pain when the urologist attempts to move the foreskin away.
In acute candidal balanopostitis of the erosive form, a white deposit on the foreskin and head of the male sexual organ is always formed, and epithelial tissue dies out. In the affected area, painful, bright red erosion appears.
If you do not start treating this form at the time, you can get a complication such as phimosis of the foreskin. On palpation, very often, an increase and tenderness of the inguinal lymph nodes is diagnosed.
Gangrenous form is characterized by the appearance of deep erosions, covered with purulent-necrotic plaque. Organ tissues appear edematous and hyperemic. Erosions cause the patient pain not only when urinating, but also when in contact with underwear. The patient's general condition worsens. There is a fever, general weakness, working capacity is lost. The body temperature, blood pressure and pulse increases. This form is the hardest. It requires immediate treatment. Examination and treatment of the patient should deal with a urologist.
If candidal balanoposthitis has a chronic course, then the disease manifests itself with the following symptoms:
- With an inductive, the clinical picture is that the skin covering the head of the penis, and the foreskin itself begins to dry. This subsequently leads to a painful wrinkling of the organ.
- With ulcerative-hypertrophic form, a large number of non-healing erosions appears on the structures of the male sexual organ. If the disease has not been treated for a long time, then the tissues of the foreskin in some places are perforated. In more severe cases, gangrenous death of parts of the male sexual organ is observed.
Treatment of the disease
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in a man is possible at home and in the clinic. But, in any case, you can not self-medicate. The medical process should always be accompanied by a consultation of the urologist. Only a doctor, based on the results of diagnostic studies, is able to prescribe the correct course of treatment.
First of all, balanoposthitis therapy should be aimed at eliminating the cause of the disease. Only after this, local, symptomatic treatment is prescribed. The cause of the disease are the fungi of the genus Candida, so the means are appointed to destroy them. These products for men act locally and come in the form of ointments or gels.
Ointments for the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in men:
One of these products is applied to the affected area of the penis, and to the nearby area. Pre-wash the organ with soda solution (1 teaspoon of baking soda dissolves in a glass of warm water) and wait for the tissues to dry.
During treatment, sex is excluded. Great importance is given to the hygiene of the genitals and the removal of plaque.
If the patient went to the doctor for the initial signs of the disease, then local therapy is prescribed. It consists in washing the tissues of the penis with ordinary, running water and disinfectants: Chlorhexidine, Furacilin. Flushing should be carried out several times a day (4-5). In this case, after each procedure, it is better to change the underwear. If there is erosion, then baths with potassium permanganate are additionally assigned.
If erosions are diagnosed on the tissues of an organ, it is necessary to prescribe a means of accelerating healing: Bepanten, Dexpanthenol, etc. When erosive and gangrenous form, antibiotics and sulfonamides are additionally prescribed. To heal faster, vitamin therapy and anti-immunity remedies are indicated.
If phimosis has become the cause of the disease, then the only treatment will be surgery, supplemented with anti-fungal therapy.
From herbal medicine for the treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in men use:
- Aloe leaf packs. Leaves should be without thorns. On one side, the peel is cut and the sheet is attached to the affected area for 15 minutes. The procedure is performed daily, at least 2 times a day.
- Plantain leaves compresses. The leaves are washed, crumpled for a while in their hands, so that the juice began to appear. Adjust it to the affected area for 30 minutes. At the beginning of treatment, the procedure is repeated with an interval of 4 hours. After the inflammatory process begins to subside, the procedure is performed less frequently.
- Baths of broth herb St. John's wort or oak bark. The solution should be at room temperature.
Not so active, but strong antimicrobial herbs are: calendula, eucalyptus and sage.
The consequences of untreated balanoposthitis
If the treatment process was started late, or if the treatment was not carried out correctly, the following complications are possible:
- Effect on the receptor apparatus of the glans penis. This leads to loss of sensitivity and impaired sexual function. The patient suffers from potency, does not experience an orgasm.
- The development of urethritis - an inflammatory process in the urethra. This disease is characterized by sharp pains, cutting during urination and deposition of purulent secretions in the urethra.
- Compaction or deformation of the tissues of the penis, which leads to the pinching of the organ head.
- The development of oncology.
- The development of lymphagenitis - an inflammatory process that affects the blood vessels of the penis and inguinal lymph nodes. This pathological process leads to gangrene, and, subsequently, to the amputation of the male sexual organ.
At home, both pharmacy and phytotherapy are used. However, if within 3 days the symptoms of the disease do not fade, but become only stronger, then you need to be delayed to seek specialized help, otherwise serious consequences for the body are possible.
How is candidal balanoposthitis manifested in men
The first and main signs of the disease are itching and burning, indicating to the man that the body has started an inflammatory process. Other symptoms are:
- Redness and swelling of the foreskin. Due to the increased growth and reproduction of Candida, swelling of the foreskin and hypermia of the penis head with white cheesy secretions are observed. Reddish spots of various sizes and shapes may appear on its skin.
- An increase in the groin in the lymph nodes.
- Pain when urinating.
- The appearance of white discharge during deurination.
In the initial stages of the disease with the help of conservative treatment it is possible to quickly remove the acute condition of the patient and ease the pain. If a man did not seek medical help in time, the further development of the disease will lead to the formation of erosions and ulcers on the skin of the head of the penis. On the damaged areas of the epithelium are formed discharge, the number of which increases significantly after sexual contact. Another consequence of late treatment is the development of secondary cicatricial phimosis.
Erosive candidal balanoposthitis becomes a real test for men. During illness, patches of dead skin cells may appear with painful erosions. The process is accompanied by peeling of the skin at the edges of erosions, as well as an increase in lymph nodes in the groin.
Sometimes the disease becomes acute and is accompanied by fever, acute attacks of pain, as well as severe inflammation of the skin of the penis. Constants of the chronic form of balanoposthitis are itching, burning, moderate pain, swelling and slight redness of the epithelium in the head region of the penis.
Noticing the first symptoms of the disease, you should not postpone the visit to the urologist, as balanoposthitis in most cases is accompanied by the development of another unpleasant disease - balanitis, which is characterized by inflammation of the head of the penis.
How to cure candidal balanoposthitis quickly and without recurrence
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis in men is carried out after the manifestation of the initial alarming symptoms, such as the sensation of itching and burning of the skin of the penis. Timely examination by a urologist will help to avoid complications of the pathology and the transition of the disease to a chronic course with further damage to the nearest organs. Often the lack of proper treatment leads to the development of diseases such as vesiculitis and prostatitis.
For the treatment of balanoposthitis main activities are:
- Daily genital hygiene. Regular cleansing of a member of a man from traces of cheesy discharge and plaque.
- Regular antibacterial baths prepared with the addition of rivanol, potassium permanganate, furatsillin or dioxidine solution.
- The use of antimycotic drugs for 14 days. The most effective creams are Lamisil and Clotrimazole. Before use, the skin is thoroughly cleaned of any impurities and dried, after which the creams are applied with a uniform layer on the affected area.
To preserve the medical result and avoid recurrence of the disease, it is recommended that regular use of powders with xeroform, dermatol and streptotsidom. Also a necessary condition for a successful recovery is taking medications and folk remedies to strengthen the immune system and the protective functions of the body. Immunostimulants, vitamin complexes, fresh vegetables and fruits contribute to the enrichment of the body with essential micro and macro elements.
For systemic treatment of candidal infections, the drug Fluconazole is used. Efficiency means due to its ability to violate the biosynthesis of membranes, inhibit the growth and development of candidal fungi. In the acute form of the disease, the patient is prescribed a course of antibiotics. To eliminate the possibility of re-development of a fungal infection, both sexual partners must undergo treatment. A prerequisite during therapy is the refusal of sexual contact.
During the reception of any medications and medicines, it is recommended that the patient refrain from drinking and adhere to certain rules in food. For example, remove pickled, spicy, sweet and rich foods from the diet.
Sometimes the cause of the disease becomes a narrowing of the foreskin (phimosis). In this case, an operation is performed on the longitudinal dissection of the foreskin. After surgery, antibacterial and antifungal agents are prescribed.
Folk remedies to get rid of the disease
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis with the help of folk remedies contributes to the elimination of painful symptoms, more effective medical treatment and quick recovery. Completely replace drugs and medicines, folk methods of treatment is not recommended. The best effect is achieved with complex treatment with the help of traditional medicine and folk wisdom.
It is recommended to apply the following folk recipes:
- Olive oil with calendula. Chop dry calendula grass and add olive oil. Put the mixture in the sun and insist about three weeks. At the end of the term, the resulting tincture is filtered. Lubricated with such a tool, the affected areas are much faster tightened, peeling and itching disappear. It should be applied twice a day.
- Baths of Hypericum. Grass plants are crushed, poured boiling water and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. After the infusion is filtered and cooled to room temperature. Then it is poured into a special container, where the penis is immersed in the infusion for 5 minutes. This event is repeated twice a day.
- Echinacea tincture. To improve the immunity and resistance of the organism to pathogenic bacteria, it is recommended to use 10 to 15 drops of Echinacea tincture 3 times a day 30 minutes before a meal. A small vial of funds can be purchased at each pharmacy. The benefits of using echinacea can be compared even with the most expensive vitamins.
- Compresses from the leaves of medicinal plants. Plantain leaf is thoroughly washed with water and applied to the damaged skin for half an hour. The procedure with a fresh sheet is repeated after 4 hours. Aloe and agave leaves are suitable for such manipulations.
Before you apply a particular prescription, you should consult with your doctor to avoid the development of side effects and deterioration of health. The main thing is not to overdo it, applying all methods at the same time.
Disease prevention measures
Preventing the disease is always easier and sometimes cheaper than treating it in the future. To avoid the development of balanoposthitis, it is necessary to review some of their eating habits:
- Enriching the daily diet of men with natural dairy products, which contain live milk bacteria. For these purposes, perfect yogurt without additives.
- Eat foods that inhibit the growth and reproduction of fungi. The most popular products are garlic, lingonberries, red pepper and grapefruit juice.
- Exclusion from the diet or a significant restriction in the consumption of sweets. Since dishes with high sugar content contribute to the active reproduction of various infections, they should be eliminated from the diet. If the rejection of sweets is impossible, then it is necessary to monitor the amount of sweets per day a man eats.
In addition to the revision of the usual eating habits, a prerequisite for well-being is the rejection of casual sex, especially if it does not use contraceptives. Doctors also warn that the regular wearing of synthetic underwear has a negative effect on the skin and contributes to the creation of microflora suitable for breeding candidates.
If a person is used to constantly using antibiotics, then his immune system, most likely, will no longer be able to cope with the attacks of fungi. Therefore, various antibiotics should be used with caution.
Итак, при лечении кандидозного баланопостита необходимо выполнять рекомендации врача и принимать назначенные лекарства, иначе болезнь может трансформироваться в хроническую форму, которую значительно тяжелее вылечить.
Безусловно, чтобы лечение баланопостита у мужчин в домашних условиях was successful, he will need to review his lifestyle and follow the recommendations issued by a specialist.
Thus, it is imperative to adhere to the strictest personal hygiene, especially in the area of the reproductive organs. Daily penis should be washed with soapy water, which is prepared from heated water and hypoallergenic soap. Acceptable in its liquid form. Known antiseptics such as potassium permanganate crystals or furacilin can be added to water.
A few more recommendations on how to treat balanoposthitis at home:
- accelerate recovery full night rest - in a well-ventilated area, preferably on an orthopedic bed,
- perform short breaks during the working day - take a break from routine work for 10–15 minutes, perform several warm-up movements,
- abandon the use of strong tea, coffee drinks, and even more so from alcohol and tobacco products,
- avoid stressful situations - they undermine the defenses of the male body, extremely negatively affect the functioning of the pelvic organs,
- treatment of balanoposthitis at home provides for a careful correction of the diet - the predominance of easily digestible dishes, vegetables, as well as a variety of fruits.
Since the inflammatory process in the sexual organ leads to dehydration of the body, replenishing the water supply is another indispensable condition for successfully combating the disease. During the day, it is recommended to use at least 1.5–2 l of purified distilled water.
Ointments in balanoposthitis therapy
In most cases, putting such a diagnosis as Balanoposthitis, home treatment starts with local therapy. It is based on ointments with different pharmacological orientation - anti-inflammatory, antiseptic glucocorticoid, regenerating properties.
How to treat balanoposthitis in men at homewhat drugs will quickly stop negative symptoms, the attending physician will decide individually. They take into account such factors as the diagnosed pathogen, the area of damage to the tissues of the penis, as well as the age of the man and the tolerance of the drugs to them.
The most effective ointments from the inflammatory process in the folds of the foreskin of the head of the penis are:
- Sintomitsinovaya ointment - contains an antibacterial component, therefore, has the ability to locally suppress the growth and reproduction of pathogens. Pharmacological activity is observed both with respect to gram-positive and gram-negative microflora. It is enough to apply the ointment 2-3 times on the affected area of the penis, after first thorough washing it.
- Excellently established ointment "Triderm". In its composition there is not only an antibacterial component, but also a hormonal and antifungal component. Therefore, inflammatory processes in the tissues of the penis are eliminated faster.
- If diagnosed balanoposthitis in a child, treatment at home can be carried out with the help of Levomekol ointment. Its components are active against a variety of infectious agents. Moreover, against the background of its use, regeneration of damaged skin is significantly accelerated.
Optimal names of pharmaceutical ointments, the multiplicity of their application and the total duration of the treatment course are best clarified with a doctor.
Drug therapy balanitis – home treatment necessarily involves the use of antiseptic solutions. They allow you to eliminate from the surface of the inflamed penis head a huge number of pathogens, which has a beneficial effect on the course of the disease.
How to treat balanoposthitis in men at home using pharmacy solutions with antiseptic activity:
- to carry out hygienic measures of the groin area - using a soap solution,
- dry the genitals with a soft disposable towel,
- Prepare the antiseptic solution in advance in the concentrations recommended by the doctor - for example, hydrogen peroxide, furatsilina or miramistina,
- wash the affected areas of the penis with one of the above solutions,
- allow to dry naturally, if there is time for it,
- if indicated, apply a medical ointment, if it was prescribed by a doctor,
- wear clean underwear
- repeat the procedure at least twice a day.
Effective assistant in balanoposthitis therapy in children – home treatment, proved to be a solution of Fukortsina. In addition to antiseptic, it has antimicrobial properties. Affected tissue areas on the penis must be treated with an agent at least 3-4 times per day. However, many people are wary of using the solution because of its bright color. You should not worry - the product is completely removed from the skin surface several days after the end of the treatment.
The form erosive balanoposthitis for home treatment, it involves taking systemic drugs. As a rule, these are medicines from different subgroups of antibiotics. By entering the bloodstream, they are delivered to the center of inflammation from the inside, along the way inhibiting the activity of infectious pathogens.
How to treat balanoposthitis at home The specialist will decide after receiving the information from the diagnostic procedures. Thus, in the detection of pathogenic microorganisms of gram-positive etiology, or gram-negative orientation, tablets from the penicillin or macrolide subgroup will suffice.
If the source of the formation of inflammatory foci in the penis are sexually transmitted infections, then it will be more effective to take drugs of two or even three subgroups. All treatment regimens chosen by the doctor must meet the medical standards for treating such pathologies. In addition to the tablet form of drugs, can be applied and parenteral route of administration.
Candida balanoposthitis in men at home it will be treated not only with ointments with an antimycotic effect, but also tablets with antifungal properties. The total duration of therapy depends on the fungal colony diagnosed.
Our grandmothers and great-grandmothers also knew how to treat balanitis in men at home. They have successfully used various decoctions of medicinal plants. Made from fresh, natural raw materials, they incorporate all of their best anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. The only contraindication may be male intolerance to any component of the popular recipe.
The most effective and popular recipes:
- The decoction of hypericum is inherent to have a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. Preparing the broth is not difficult - in 1 liter of boiling water enough to pour 4 tbsp. grass plants. Penis wash ready means every morning and evening.
- The strongest natural remedy for combating any focus of inflammation on the epithelial tissues, which has been known for centuries - oak bark. When diagnosed balanitis in a child, home treatment can be carried out quickly and safely using a decoction of oak bark. Preparing a tool similar to the above recipe. To enhance the effect, it is permissible to add dry nettle, as well as leaves of lavender - 1 part of each ingredient.
- The most powerful recipe for dealing with any lesion on the head of the penis, provoked by infection, is a collection that includes chamomile and rosemary, as well as nettle, eucalyptus and calendula. Their healing properties together allow the agent in a short time to suppress the inflammatory focus in the tissues, accelerate the regenerative processes, soften the tissues.
Any popular recipe found on the Internet for - balanitis, photo, in men - treatment at home on the photo, it is recommended to coordinate with your doctor. Otherwise, the individual intolerance of any ingredient only aggravate the negative symptoms and lead to serious complications.
Some more ways to deal with balanitis
Regular laundry soap is a long-used remedy designed to suppress the course of inflammation in integumentary tissues, including on the penis. For this purpose, a soapy thick solution is prepared in advance - you can rub a bar of soap on a fine grater and then dissolve the required amount in heated water. White fluid is gently distributed to the desired areas of the penis. After drying, it is thoroughly washed off, and the organ itself is dried with a soft towel. The procedure is repeated 2-3 times per day.
Garlic oil is not without reason attributed to powerful antiseptic properties. It actually has the ability to inhibit the growth and reproduction of pathogens due to the presence of specific substances - phytoncides. Garlic essence is combined with sunflower oil in equal volumes and applied as an ointment to the affected tissues of the penis. With regular use allows you to quickly achieve a positive response - elimination balanita, provoked by infectious or fungal flora.
The simplest and most affordable means available in every household is baking soda. It also has the inherent properties of suppressing the growth of fungal microorganisms. It is enough to wash the folds of the penis head twice with soda with a low-concentration solution twice a day so that the fungi colonies are eliminated once and for all. The duration of the treatment course is at least 10-14 days.
By itself, such pathology as balanoposthitis may not give the man expressed concern. However, in the absence of timely treatment, it can lead to various complications, for example, infertility and impotence. Therefore, a request for medical care should occur as soon as the slightest deviations in the state of the tissues of the penis were noted.
What it is
The skin folds covering the head of the penis and the urethra outside serve to protect the penis from dirt and damage, as well as to ensure sexual activity.
That is why any inflammation of the foreskin in men is often perceived as an alarming situation that requires immediate resolution.
Two conditions are always necessary for the occurrence of balanoposthitis. - presence of infection and weakened immunity. Pathogenic microbes can enter the skin of the penis either with urine through the opening of the urethra, or with blood and lymph from those organs in which they are constantly present (carious teeth, adenoids, etc.).
- Causative agents of specific infectious diseases - tuberculosis sticks, gonococci, pale spirochetes, protozoa. Therefore, the patient with a diagnosis of Trichomonas, tuberculosis or syphilitic balanoposthitis treatment of the underlying disease is carried out first.
- Nonspecific microbes - Bacteria (staphylococcus, Proteus, Escherichia), herpes simplex viruses and human papillomas, as well as candidal fungi, chlamydia, ureaplasma.
Causes and predisposing factors
For the development of the pathological process, it is not enough just microbes;
Occur with the following adverse circumstances:
- poor personal hygiene or the complete absence of such a man for a long time,
- microtraumas of the head and foreskin due to excessive cleanliness, frequent masturbations,
- allergic reactions to detergents, ointments, lubricants, etc.,
- chronic systemic diseases - hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome, diabetes,
- the presence of phimosis (severe narrowing of the flesh),
- imbalance of hormones in the body of a man
- pathology of the urinary system - pyelonephritis, urolithiasis, etc.,
- acquired immunodeficiencies that appeared after chemotherapy, fasting, radiation exposure, hypothermia, immunosuppressants, treatment with antibiotics or other drugs,
- HIV, cancer, cirrhosis of the liver, autoimmune inflammation (lupus, scleroderma).
When balanopostite in men treatment will be effective after the removal of common causes that weaken the body’s resistance to microbes, and local factors that facilitate the penetration of the infection into the external genital organs.
Forms and symptoms of the disease
The classification is based on certain signs, the main ones are the etiology (cause) and the course of the disease.
This division is important from a practical point of view, as with different types of inflammation of the foreskin in men, the treatment will also differ.
Bacterial Balanitis and Fasting
The causative agents of this disease are purulent microorganisms, more often it is strepto - and staphylococcus. Inflammation flows quite heavywith severe intoxication (headache and muscle pain, fever, malaise). Against the background of an edematous and reddened head and skin of the flesh, pustules appear; in the absence of proper therapy, fibrous tissue grows with time and the sensitivity of the penis decreases.
Candida balanoposthitis in men is the most common form of the disease. Symptoms of inflammation appear when the body’s defenses are weakened as spots and hyperemia foreskin and head, burning pain during emptying the bladder and with coitus, cheesy discharge and off-white bloom with a sourish odor. In untreated cases, complications develop (urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis). What is a fungal inflammation of the foreskin, many patients urologist know, leading not quite the right way of life.
This form of the disease proceeds chronically, most often caused by the herpes simplex virus type 2, which is inside the cells for as long as the human immunity does not weaken for a number of reasons.
The clinic draws attention to a rash in the form of a group of bubbles on a reddened background, vesicles open up after a few days, erosions and small sores on the foreskin of men form, then they dry out and become covered with crusts.
Characterized by itching and tingling on the skin of the head before the appearance of rashes, severe pain not only during sex and urination, but also at rest. Another cause of a viral disease may be HPV (human papillomavirus), while the clinic is not typical of erosive balanoposthitis, and genital warts subject to surgical treatment.
It is transmitted only with unprotected coitus, and the infection passes to the skin of the penis head from the urethra. Symptoms of the disease - white discharge, pain and burning during urination, the appearance of small foci of inflammation on the surface of the penis. Pathology is contagioustherefore, in a patient diagnosed with chlamydial balanoposthitis, treatment should be carried out immediately to avoid the development of serious complications (prostatitis, vesiculitis, etc.).
By the nature of the flow there are several varieties of balanoposthitis.
Acute form The disease occurs in the following variants:
- catarrhal inflammation - there is redness and swelling of the head, friability of the foreskin,
- erosive balanoposthitis - tissue damage reaches the degree of erosion, which cause sharp pain during sexual contact and urination, often accompanied by the development of phimosis and regional lymphadenitis,
- gangrenous process - severe purulent-necrotic inflammation with the formation of ulcerative defects and necrosis sites, the patient will have a fever and intoxication, long-term treatment.
Chronic illness lasts for years with alternating exacerbations and remissions, ultimately realized in one of two options:
- inductive process - wrinkling of the penis head occurs,
- ulcerative-hypertrophic inflammation - long-term unhealing deep sores on the foreskin of men lead to cicatricial deformity body.
General principles of treatment
To successfully get rid of the problem and improve the patient’s quality of life, it is first necessary to establish the cause of its occurrence. With symptoms of inflammation of the glans penis Need to see a urologist or andrologist. Before treating balanoposthitis in men, in a medical facility the patient is usually offered make an examination:
- general clinical analysis of urine and peripheral blood,
- seeding on bacteriuria and determination of sensitivity to antibacterial drugs,
- research of scraping from the urethra to specific infections (trichomoniasis, syphilis),
- PCR analysis for sexually transmitted diseases.
With a mild balanoposthitis home treatment It is usually sufficient for complete recovery, provided the patient complies with all the recommendations of the doctor. The basis is the local conservative therapy - it lotions, baths, applications with ointments on the area of the penis head. Begin always with strict daily performance by the man of hygienic rules. Обязательно делают ванночки с розовым раствором перманганата калия или фурацилина, их можно чередовать с отварами антисептических растений (череда, цветки ромашки, календула, зверобой, дубовая кора).These procedures are carried out up to 5-6 times a day for 3-5 days. If necessary, then apply ointment dressings, the choice of drug for local treatment depends on the cause of the pathology. With simple uncomplicated inflammation of the head and flesh, sometimes just good hygiene is enough.
When candida varieties diseases use different antifungal ointments and creams, for example, Clotrimazole, Nizoral, Terbinafine, Miconazole, or others.
The preparation is applied with a thin layer on the affected areas after washing (medical bath) and drying. There are forms in the form of a spray, for example, Lamisil, which irrigate the skin of the head of the penis for 2 seconds twice a day for a couple of weeks.
Fortunately, with candida balanopostitis in men treatment is successful In most cases.
Suppression of viral activity carry out means on the basis of Acyclovir, which is prescribed to the patient both locally in the form of creams and ointments on the head and foreskin, and inside. In addition, immunostimulating therapy with drugs prescribed by a doctor is indicated. The dose and duration of treatment for this disease is determined by the doctor.
Purulent diseases always require antibiotics. For example, Levomekol ointment with balanoposthite has a pronounced antimicrobial effect due to Chloramphenicol (Levomycetin), which is part of it, and has a regenerating (healing) effect due to another component Methyluracil. Bandages with this medicine are applied to the head of the penis and the foreskin at night daily for 5 days. There are other local antibacterial agents that are used by appointment of a specialist.
Treatment of severe and chronic forms
How to treat balanoposthitis of mixed or unclear etiology?
Severe inflammatory process responds well to therapy. combination medicinesthat have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal effects - Triderm, Akriderm GK.
Ulcerative and erosive balanoposthitis is always treated not only with local remedies, but also with systemic drugs.
These are broad spectrum antibiotics from the group of penicillins, cephalosporins (Ceftriaxone), fluoroquinolones (Ciprofloxacin), macrolides (Azithromycin).
In anaerobic flora, metronidazole is effective. All drugs are selected according to the sensitivity of the detected pathogens. If necessary, a man carries out the correction of sugar level, the relief of allergic reactions, symptoms of skin diseases, etc.
Prevention of balanitis and postit is the regular observance by a man of simple rules of personal hygiene. It is very important to carry out sanitation of all chronic foci in the body in time, use barrier contraception during sexual relations with random people, play sports, eat right and give up bad habits. Only with this lifestyle can you not know what it is balanoposthitis in men.
Balanoposthitis: symptoms and signs
Burning and itching of the glans penis are the main signs of any negative process occurring in the male genital area. If you look closely, you can see redness and swelling between the head and the inner surface of the foreskin. Often, inflammatory fluid is released from there, the purulent character of which is not excluded, with the appearance of an unpleasant odor. All this leads to exfoliation of the surface layer of the skin, causing erosion and sores. In some cases, there is an increase in lymph nodes nearby. There are pathological changes in the body: a man notes weakness, headache, fatigue, fever. Further, the process is aggravated by tissue edema, which leads to phimosis - the head stops opening. In this case, treatment of balanoposthitis is required immediately, otherwise tissue in the area of infringement will begin to die off.
Treatment of balanoposthitis in men
Treatment of balanitis and balanoposthitis is always prescribed on the basis of the results of the examination, since it is they who give reliable information about the causes of them and the stage of the disease.
In the diagnosis of balanoposthitis - treatment with pills is the use of antibacterial and antifungal agents. In cases when a metabolic disorder or a general hormonal background is detected, treatment is also prescribed to eliminate this problem, since the resulting immunity does not contribute to the effective elimination of balanoposthitis. Thus, treatment of balanoposthitis in men with pills will be effective in the case when such drugs as Mikosist, Diflucan, Fluconazole and other drugs of similar action are prescribed. In any case, medication is prescribed only by a doctor.
When a disease balanoposthitis - treatment with ointment is attractive to patients because of its ease of use. Most often, the urologist andrologist prescribes prednisone, dekaminovoy and xeroform ointment. With deep tissue damage ointment necessarily supplemented with antibiotics. In advanced cases, it is strongly recommended to dissect the constricted foreskin.
In cases where men do not carry out treatment of balanoposthitis at home, not only the lymphatic vessels of the penis, but also the inguinal lymph nodes are inflamed, resulting in gangrene of the penis and even death.
Therefore, it is necessary to understand that even non-observance of the elementary rules of personal hygiene can cause such a disease, in case of untimely treatment of which the man will experience severe pain in the sexual organ itself.
Peculiarities of candidal balanoposthitis in men
The development of candidal balanoposthitis in men is provoked by a yeast-like fungus of the Candida family. Most often, this nature of the disease occurs in men with diabetes. Even with the course of antibiotic therapy, a positive result with a combination of candidal balanoposthitis - diabetes is almost not found. As a rule, there is a simultaneous development of balanoposthitis and balanitis.
In rare cases, candidal balanoposthitis develops on the background of congenital phimosis and in the presence of elongated foreskin.
In the diagnosis of candidal balanoposthitis - treatment, in addition to taking specific medication, - implies a diet, which is the complete exclusion from the diet of sweet, spicy, spicy and pickled foods. Drinking in this case is strictly prohibited.
In order to achieve the greatest effect, doctors with the disease "candidal balanoposthitis" - treatment in men is accompanied by the urgent recommendation of abstaining from sexual activity for this period. If the disease is caused by phimosis, specialists always perform a longitudinal dissection of the foreskin. After extinction of the pathological process, the patient is circumcised. But in the absence of phimosis, only conservative methods of treatment are used (drugs are prescribed biseptol, levomycetin, erythromycin, and others). In severe forms, treatment is supplemented by the intramuscular administration of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
Balanoposthitis treatment at home
So, with a disease balanoposthitis - treatment at home can be very effective if you take it seriously. The first home treatment is to observe the proper care of the glans penis. For example, it can be washed with water with the addition of conventional detergents. Often, this is quite enough to eliminate unpleasant symptoms. If the disease still continues, the head after washing is treated with an antiseptic. However, it is better not to use iodine, potassium permanganate and alcohol, since they will dry out the already painful head.
Watch a video on balanoposthitis, says the doctor.
The most common treatment for balanoposthitis at home is the use of trays with medicinal herbs of celandine and chamomile or with antiseptic solutions. If the disease has not had time to take a protracted form, try to get rid of the bacteria using drugs of local exposure and only then, if there are no results, take the medicine inside.
How balanoposthitis is treated at home - the photo clearly shows what needs to be treated.
Treatment of balanoposthitis at home. There is nothing better than chamomile
Treatment of candidal balanoposthitis at home implies the use of the drug "Clotrimazole", which is available in the form of an aerosol, ointment and solution. Inside take pills "Diflyukam." In any case, before taking any drugs, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist in order not to aggravate the situation even more. In order to prevent the use of "Levorin" and "Nystatin", which are effective in the fight against fungi Candida.
If you are interested in such a question as the treatment of balanoposthitis - a forum on the Internet, in which many participants participate, will help you to understand all its intricacies. Their experience in treating this problem is shared by both ordinary men, who happened to be confronted with balanoposthitis, as well as experienced physicians, who answer in detail all the questions of users of the system. However, the correspondence treatment you will not appoint. Only when visiting a specialist will he assign you a number of treatment and preventive measures, and then only after establishing the exact cause of the occurrence of this disease, confirmed by test results. Only with an integrated approach with careful implementation of all prescribed methods of treatment can you completely get rid of balanopostitis.