Linseed oil when breastfeeding
After pregnancy and in the postpartum period, the woman's body is very depleted and requires high-quality replenishment with a large number of substances necessary for her and the baby. Therefore, many mothers are interested in how safe it is to use linseed oil when breastfeeding, which helps to recuperate and compensates for the deficit of macro and microelements. Despite the large number of useful properties, doctors do not have a single opinion on the admissibility of the use of flax during the period of breastfeeding.
In many countries, herbal supplements are prohibited during pregnancy and lactation, and in some countries, on the contrary, it is considered a useful component of the diet. It is best to use flax seed oil as a dressing for salads and other dishes so that its concentration in milk is low. Store supplements are not recommended.
The benefits and harm of flaxseed oil
The usefulness of flaxseed oil during breastfeeding is the rapid restoration of the mother's body. As you know, if a woman breastfeeds a child, then she has to make up for the loss of important elements in double quantity.
Flaxseed oil contains a large number of useful components that help in solving the following problems:
- increase the body's resistance to pathogenic microorganisms (the most noticeable effect in flax is revealed to respiratory and fungal infections),
- restoration of hormonal balance (improvement of the thyroid gland),
- correction of the digestive tract (prevention and treatment of constipation, which often occur in pregnant women and mothers in the postpartum period),
- improving the properties of skin and hair,
- confronting the development of cancer (reducing the number of free radicals).
Flax contains Omega-3 acids, fiber fibers and lignans. The plant helps to improve the work of all systems of the human body, including the nervous one.
However, it is not recommended to drink flaxseed oil during lactation due to too high concentration of components.. Flax oil has its own contraindications: genital pathology (polycystic ovary, uterine fibroma and cervical inflammation), intestinal inflammation (especially with erosive or ulcerative), liver and biliary tract pathologies, inflammation of the pancreas, hypertensive disease.
Refusal of this useful product will not lead to any consequences, since all the components of the seed can be obtained from other dishes.
Features of use
Women are not recommended to use flaxseed oil with HB in its pure form on an empty stomach.. Optimally add the product in salads in the form of dressings. It is also possible to use pure flax seeds, which are recommended to be added to any dishes of the daily diet.
However, you can not use herbal supplements in soups or for frying, as its benefits will disappear, but toxic substances will appear in the dish. In order to assimilate the product better, it must be added to food with a high content of tocopherol (vitamin E) and vitamin B6.
If a woman wants to drink flax seeds during breastfeeding, they should be chewed thoroughly dry and washed down with plenty of water. There is a recipe for making a decoction of seeds, which is taken in half a glass twice a day.
In order to preserve useful properties in herbal supplement, it is stored in a refrigerator in a dark container with minimal access to oxygen. Storage bottle must be made of glass. It is better to purchase flaxseed oil in small quantities in order to prevent its damage.
Found a bug? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter
How useful flaxseed oil for women
This product is known for its rich composition, as it contains significant doses of important elements:
- fatty acids (polyunsaturated, saturated),
- folic acid,
- vitamin E,
Linseed oil during breastfeeding is beneficial because it contains much more omega-3 acid than fish oil. It can be found in different forms of release: capsules, liquid structure. This flax derivative has a positive effect on various body systems. Basic properties:
- The hormonal background of the woman is evened out. At the same time, normalization of thyroid function is noted.
- The rich composition contributes to improving the immunity of the mother, improves the body's resistance to colds.
- Taking flaxseed oil during lactation in capsules or liquid form, you can restore damaged, dull hair, which is one of the main problems during pregnancy, after childbirth and during the period of breastfeeding.
- Normalization of the digestive tract. If you use flax seeds with HB or drink vegetable oil, you can get rid of constipation that accompanies a woman towards the end of pregnancy and often - when breastfeeding.
Can I eat flaxseed oil
Regardless of how many useful elements a flax derivative contains, it can harm the body. Its value is determined by the conditions under which the reception of the flax derivative is conducted. A number of possible complications and contraindications that need to be considered if you plan to breastfeed, and at the same time use a herbal supplement:
- It is forbidden to take it after cesarean section.
- Flax seed during breastfeeding can cause bleeding, but this is possible only if taken immediately after birth.
- If you drink capsules for a certain period of time after delivery, there is a risk of changes in hormonal levels.
- Reception of a product sometimes provokes violation of the chair (diarrhea).
- Individual intolerance may occur, so before breastfeeding a child, and at the same time drinking flaxseed oil, it is necessary to check whether there are allergic reactions to it.
- Considering the harm that this supplement can cause the body if used improperly, it is recommended to visit a doctor before taking it. However, flaxseed vegetable oil with HB is forbidden to drink if the following diseases were detected: pancreatitis, polycystic disease, endometritis and fibroma, colitis, hypertension.
How to take flaxseed oil with HB
In order not to harm the body, you should use a liquid substance, adhering to the dosage - no more than 2 tablespoons per day (morning and evening). If the capsules are drunk, it is necessary to pay attention to the doses recommended by the manufacturer. Instructions for proper reception:
- Use as an additive to food in the morning / evening.
- You can eat flax derivative only with food, it is forbidden to do it on an empty stomach if a woman plans to breastfeed and at the same time take this supplement.
- The product is used starting with a small dose - 1 teaspoon in the morning and evening. After some time, the amount can be increased to 1 tablespoon.
- Flax derivative is added only to already prepared dishes, because nutrients are destroyed by high temperatures.
- Store capsules or a bottle with a liquid substance must be in the refrigerator.
Is it acceptable to use oil during lactation?
Of course, flaxseed oil has all the signs of naturalness and has positive characteristics. However, it will not be superfluous for a nursing woman to consult a doctor before starting to use it. Until now, there is no consensus about the feasibility and safety of its use when breastfeeding. Some argue that it can not be used by women in the third trimester of pregnancy and lactation after childbirth. Their opponents echo that they cannot bring anything but good.
Official medicine is allowed to use oil only as an additive to vegetable dishes. But on an empty stomach, it should not be consumed. Of course, the product must be 100% natural. Nursing mommy is prohibited to use different dietary supplements, which include flaxseed oil. Indeed, in addition to him, there may be other auxiliary components.
Linseed oil and breastfeeding
It is proved that by using oil, a woman is able to quickly restore her body after childbirth. With its use you can achieve the following effects:
- Strengthening the immune forces of the body. Especially effective oil in the fight against respiratory diseases and fungal infections of nature.
- Oil is able to regulate hormones. It is especially favorable for the thyroid gland.
- With the use of oil comes in order the work of the intestine. It will help in the fight against constipation, which are frequent companions of women in the first time after childbirth.
- Applying oil, the woman will look much younger. Hair will begin to shine again, the condition of a skin will improve. As a rule, they lose all these properties while the woman is carrying the child.
All these moments become possible for the reason that the oil has a unique composition. The most valuable in it is the Omega-3 complex. A woman can safely use flaxseed oil if she has no restrictions on its use.
On the one hand, flax seed is beneficial, and on the other, it can be harmful. All existing prohibitions on the use of oil should be carefully studied, and if any, abandon its use. It cannot be used in the following cases:
- The presence of a number of female diseases. This applies to polycystic, uterine fibroma, and other conditions.
- The presence of inflammatory and erosive processes in the intestine.
- Conditions associated with pancreatitis and inflammatory diseases of the bile ducts.
- Persistent increase in blood pressure.
If there are similar conditions, then you can not use flax oil. Do not be upset about this. Omega-3 complex can be obtained with the use of other products. These include fatty fish, seaweed, and other foods.
You can not abuse the oil. Otherwise, as a reward, you can get disorders of the digestive tract. Exacerbation of chronic pathology or a decrease in the effectiveness of the treatment of many diseases may be observed.
How to apply?
In the standard version, up to two tablespoons of oil can be consumed every day. However, for nursing moms, the dose should be significantly lower. It is enough to start with one teaspoon, gradually bringing it up to the volume of a tablespoon.
Note! It is impossible to fry in linseed oil and add it to the first courses. Otherwise, the oil will simply lose its beneficial properties, and it will be meaningless to use it. In addition, a number of toxic substances can form and be released during thermal heating. Therefore, it is allowed to add oil to already prepared dishes. In no case should a nursing woman eat oil in its pure form on an empty stomach.
Important! By eating foods containing vitamins E - the absorption of flaxseed oil improves.
It is important not only to use correctly, but also to store oil. Oil falls into the category of products with a limited period of use. It can not be used after the expiration date. You can give some tips to increase shelf life:
- The container for storing oil should be clean and dark, dark glass is perfect.
- The product is stored only in cold conditions. In other words, the place to store it should be a refrigerator.
- Store the oil in a container under the lid or stopper. This is necessary in order to limit the supply of oxygen, under the action of which the oil will be oxidized.
- Do not buy too large containers with oil. It must be consumed before the expiration date.
Recommendations on the use of flax seeds
Oil is obtained from flax seed. But, if you compare the seed with oil, then it certainly contains a greater number of useful components:
- On the third they consist of high quality protein.
- A lot of them contain fiber, which is very useful for normal digestion.
- A wide palette is represented in the seeds of minerals.
To use their benefits in full, you need their proper use:
- Seeds should be thoroughly chewed and washed down with water.
- You can grind the seeds in a meat grinder or coffee grinder and use as a seasoning for various dishes.
- From the seeds you can make a decoction.
No one is going to argue that flaxseed oil is very useful for nursing moms. But it is better if, before starting to use it, she turns to a doctor for advice. So it will be safer for herself and her child.
Why is it useful for nursing
The composition of the product is unique. In addition to the Omega-3 product contains fiber, phytoestrogens, B vitamins, minerals and choline. Flaxseed has antibacterial and antiviral properties. The positive effects of oil are associated with the following ingredients:
- vitamins A, E, K, B,
- minerals zinc, phosphorus, selenium, potassium,
- polyunsaturated and saturated fatty acids.
The oil is rich in vitamin E. This component has antioxidant properties, has a rejuvenating effect on the body. Because of this, flaxseed is considered very beneficial for female beauty.
But especially linseed oil is popular because of the high content of Omega acids. Flax product ahead of its content of fatty acids, fish oil.
Another rare component is lignans or phytohormones. It is able to fight cancer cells, strengthen internal barriers and immunity. Healing properties of phytohormones are investigated by scientists, it is proved that lignans increase the body's resistance, and also have a beneficial effect on the central nervous system.
Drinking flaxseed oil is useful in the following cases:
- Problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Constipation, deterioration of digestion - frequent satellites in the first month after birth. Herbal product helps to gently solve delicate problems, besides not addictive.
- Cardiovascular diseases. The use of natural remedies allows you to clear the vessels of excess cholesterol.
- Prevention of hypertension, breast cancer.
- Use in dietary food for weight loss due to low calorie and nutritional properties.
In addition, flaxseed oil with gv allows you to recover from childbirth, to settle hormones.
In all situations can flaxseed oil? Doctors argue that during lactation does not need to abuse the herbal product. Why?
Lena seeds are useful, but their consumption affects the hormones. Phytohormones can disrupt the process of natural contraception during feeding.
Due to the developmental characteristics of the newborn, it is difficult to digest the fats from flaxseed oil. Your baby may have stomach discomfort and upset.
You can not consume the product in the first days after birth, as the vegetable product can exacerbate bleeding.
Important! It is forbidden to introduce into the diet of flax seeds for mothers who have undergone caesarean section. It is advisable to refrain from consumption in the first two months after surgery.
How best to take
If there are no contraindications, then nursing mother can products from flax seeds. The basic rule is moderation. Harm to health can be caused only by consumption in large quantities. To fill the level of fatty acids and vitamins in the body is enough half a teaspoon.
Linseed seeds is difficult to poison, but a woman with allergies is recommended to start taking the product with ¼ teaspoon. If there was discomfort from the mother or baby, then the reception is stopped.
For nursing mothers, omega-3 deficiency can play a role in the onset of postpartum depression. Scientists have shown that if a woman consumed fatty acid supplements during pregnancy, then her risk of depression was reduced.
Despite the benefits, the question “Can flaxseed oil when feeding a baby?” Remains controversial. One of the contraindications is a possible allergy in an infant. Any new food begins with small portions and watch the reaction of the crumbs. Signs of Allergy:
- The defeat of the skin. A rash, dryness, peeling appears on the delicate skin. In a newborn, a rash appears in the groin, knee folds, face, and neck. Skin lesions can be mild or spread throughout the body.
- Tummy problems. After the introduction of a new diet, constipation, diarrhea, rumbling in the stomach, and colic appear. This type is called intestinal allergies.
- Cry. The baby cannot welcome itching, discomfort in the intestines, so he does not sleep well, cries, has legs, arches.
What do nursing mothers say about using oil or flax seed during breastfeeding?
“Saw flaxseed oil during pregnancy and after childbirth. It helps to solve the problem of constipation very well. But I always used it with caution, included it in my diet only when I had problems with the intestines. ”
“I began to drink oil three months after childbirth. I realized that my son is not allergic to most products, but I needed a natural source of vitamins. I drink his courses, a month after a month. Дозы у меня также небольшие – ¼ чайной ложки».
«Набрала во время беременности 20 лишних килограмм. Для похудения после родов используют семена льна и растительное масло из них. The use of the baby is not reflected in any way - there is no indigestion. I dropped 10 kilograms, but in addition to healthy products, I also keep to a diet, I try not to eat sweets. ”
“I consider the product useful because of the high content of fatty acids. I used it before pregnancy, took courses in the course of carrying and drink it now - after giving birth. I know that there are a lot of side effects to him, so I do long intervals between doses. ”
Whether it is possible to make a vegetable product from flax during feeding or not - it is up to the mother to decide. Doctors say that it is possible, but with a certain degree of caution.
If there are contraindications or allergies, then you can get fatty acids from fatty sea fish, walnuts, pumpkin seeds.
19 week of pregnancy
We can say that the first half of your special position has already been left behind, and in the next twenty weeks there will be many new things waiting for you. 19 week of pregnancy - this is the time when it becomes more difficult to hide a growing tummy, and the future mom realizes that her body has really changed a lot.
Linseed oil: benefits and effectiveness
Foods that make up the diet of a nursing mother also affect breast milk, getting into it during a certain time (from 30 minutes to a day, depending on the food eaten). Flaxseed oil is no exception, its components penetrate into the blood and, as a result, into the mother's milk, and from there - into the body of the child.
It would seem, what could be the danger when the benefits of this product in general and omega-3 in particular have long been proven:
- prevention of vascular and heart diseases,
- normalization of pressure
- the formation of interneuron connections and, as a result, the best work of the brain,
- improving the digestive tract and increasing metabolism
- normalization of the nervous system,
- improvement of skin, hair, nails.
Indeed, with a long (over 2 months) intake of flaxseed oil, a noticeable beneficial effect occurs, however its reception by a nursing mother is fraught with a certain risk, the cause of which lies in the vegetable estrogens that are contained in the oil.
Linseed oil and HB: is there a danger
Flax seeds and their derivatives contain specific compounds - lignans. They have anti-inflammatory and antitumor effects, stimulate the nervous system, but also have estrogenic activity, i.e. able to influence the hormones of women, increasing the amount of estrogen in the body.
In cases where a future or lactating mother does not have hormonal problems, an excess of estrogen caused by taking linseed oil can provoke a number of problems, including:
- risk of preterm delivery
- impaired fetal development,
- prolonged postpartum hemorrhage,
- high probability of neoplasm in the breast,
- the formation of toxic substances as a result of oxidation of excess linoleic acid,
- violation of the hormonal background, which is naturally created during lactation and prevents the onset of a new pregnancy, which increases the likelihood of unplanned conception,
- malfunction of the gastrointestinal tract of infants associated with ingestion of components of the product that are difficult to absorb into breast milk.
The insidiousness of flaxseed oil consists also in the fact that the number of lignans per unit volume is not reduced to any standard value, it is simply impossible to calculate their quantity and the corresponding dose in advance. In addition, these compounds enter the breast milk rather quickly, but they leave it about 6-7 days after the end of the intake.
Flaxseed oil easily becomes unusable from heat and light, therefore, to prevent oxidation, manufacturers often add various synthetic compounds to it, which does not add any useful properties to breast milk.
It is possible, but only carefully: safe dosages
Flaxseed oil is a useful and necessary product, but it is necessary to introduce it into the diet, observing moderation. The danger to health is precisely his constant intake in large doses. Half a teaspoon for two months will be enough to replenish the reserves of polyunsaturated fatty acids in an adult.
Pregnancy and HB are not a contraindication to the use of flaxseed oil, but, given its ambiguous effect on the body, better to refrain from its systematic use.
For the prevention of omega-3 fatty acid deficiency, it is enough for future and lactating mothers to diversify their diets with fatty fish caught from their natural habitat, as well as nuts, seeds, avocados, beans and peas. A couple of times a week you can fill vegetable oil with flaxseed oil - there will definitely be no harm from such a quantity of the product.
Buy flaxseed oil: what to look for
Pay attention to the following signs indicating the high quality of the product:
- the oil is bottled in dark glass,
- When you buy oil, you get it from the refrigerator, not from the display case or the shelf,
- All necessary dates are indicated on the label: production, bottling, consumption, etc., as well as information that storage is necessary in a dark and cool place,
- as part of no artificial additives.
If the oil you bought meets the above specifications, then you have a high quality product.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids must be in the diet of a nursing mother. Not many products can boast their content, and linseed oil is one of the available ways to compensate for the lack of omega-3. But do not forget that excessive use of this product, especially the future and nursing moms, is unacceptable.
Flaxseed oil is a source of polyunsaturated alpha-linoleic fatty acid, vitamins E, A, K, F. To compensate for the deficiency of fatty acids and vitamins in a weakened body, it is recommended to take a teaspoon of this oil in the morning on an empty stomach half an hour before meals. The course of treatment is about two months, after which you should take a break.
With prolonged regular use, this product helps:
- Get rid of excess weight. Fatty acids, which are part of it, perform the function of weight loss activators, increase the effectiveness of the diet,
- Strengthen the heart and blood vessels. The elasticity of vessel walls increases, the amount of harmful cholesterol decreases, pressure returns to normal and metabolism is activated,
- Normalize the digestive tract. The use of flax oil prevents constipation (which is especially important in the postpartum period), improves the state of hemorrhoids, has a beneficial effect on the liver, treats gastritis, prevents the formation of stones in the bile ducts,
- Prevent the development of inflammatory processes, including those with fibrocystic mastopathy, gout, lupus,
- Improve skin condition
- Normalize the activity of the nervous system,
- Prevent the development of malignant neoplasms.
Obviously, flaxseed oil can help a woman's body recover quickly after giving birth and bring benefits to the development of the child. About what products help a nursing mother recover, read here. But you should pay attention to the features of this product associated with a high content of plant estrogen.
What is dangerous flax oil
Lignans contained in flax seeds are plant estrogens that are similar in structure to human estrogen. Their impact on the female body is twofold: on the one hand, they help to normalize the level of hormones in imbalance, as well as eliminate unpleasant symptoms during menopause, but on the other hand, an excess of lignans can provoke hormonal breast cancer.
Foreign researchers conducted a series of animal experiments and proved that an excess of plant hormones from food is harmful to women with normal hormonal levels, and in infants can cause developmental disorders.
EPA and DHA fatty acids, as well as lignans, quickly enter breast milk, and the decrease in the amount of these substances in milk to the initial level occurs smoothly within a week.
- its components stimulate increased bleeding (which is especially dangerous for women undergoing cesarean section),
- fatty acids are poorly absorbed by the insufficiently developed gastrointestinal tract of the infant.
In addition, phytohormones, which are contained in the product, are capable of disrupting the natural hormones during lactation, which prevents a new conception. In other words, intake of flaxseed oil harms natural postpartum contraception.
Please note: the amount of lignans (in mg) per 100 g of product is not regulated at all, so it is not known how much vegetable estrogen will be ingested by consuming oil.
There is no strict ban on the use of flaxseed oil for women on HB, but you should be careful not to abuse this product, exceeding the recommended dosage. Before taking the oil intake course, it is recommended to consult your doctor. The list of prohibited products during lactation can be found in the article at http://vskormi.ru/mama/razreshennie-produkti-pri-grudnom-vskarmlivii/.
Oil selection and storage
Linseed oil requires special conditions for storage and transportation. In the heat and under the influence of sunlight, this oil quickly oxidizes. Packed it should be in a container of dark glass, transported in refrigerators and stored in the refrigerator. If you do not comply with the conditions of storage and transportation, as well as exceed the dosage, you can seriously harm your body and the health of the baby.
Today, manufacturers introduce various antioxidants into the oil to prevent oxidation of the product. Synthetic substances that prevent the deterioration of flaxseed oil, can be toxic, which is especially harmful to the brain and internal organs of the infant. Preservatives that are safe for the health of infants do not yet exist.
High-quality flaxseed oil:
- packaged in dark glass packaging
- when selling stored in the refrigerator, and not standing in the light in the window,
- the label states that the product should be stored in the refrigerator,
- production time and shelf life indicate the freshness and naturalness of the product,
- as part of no synthetic additives.
The accumulation of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the body occurs rather slowly, but it is impossible to “speed up the process” by increasing the amount of systematically eaten linseed oil, especially when breastfeeding.