How to make a child eat? 17 unique secrets from personal practice
So that the feeding process does not become a frank torment for you, prepare yourself mentally for temporary difficulties with food, and also accept and forgive the baby for some of his childhood weaknesses, for example:
- A rare baby at the age of 2 years eats all the products offered by parents,
- The vagaries were and will be, most importantly, be patient and not force to eat by force,
- Each spoon will be rejected 20 times, and then, and does go into the trash,
- Trying a new product, the kid evaluates it by color, smell, look, and only then tastes,
- Try to generate interest. For example, eat a spoonful yourself, make a contented look and offer another spoonful to the child,
- If the baby refused again, wait a little while later, try feeding again. During the day, an empty stomach will make itself felt, and food will be accepted.
Of course, you have to become a conscientious chef and lovingly prepare food for the children's table only from fresh, tasty products, without digesting it and not over-saltating it.
How to make a child eat: useful tips
Very often, parents are faced with a situation where a child refuses to eat partially or completely. Especially this problem worries grandmothers. Adults worry that babies do not eat anything other than candy (gingerbread, cookies, juice, etc.). In fact, the root of the problem most often lies not in the health of the child, but in the wrong mode and upbringing. If you want your child to eat soup with pleasure, ask for supplements and put some meatballs with mashed potatoes, you need to properly build a food education, which we will talk about today.
How to make a child eat in kindergarten
When we bring children to kindergarten for the first time, they need to get used to the new environment. Of course, they will be shy, move away from other guys, but there is nothing to say about lunch at all. Even adults sometimes feel shy at a table at a party.
Having found a suitable friend or girlfriend, the baby will feel more confident and, in order to keep up with others, will begin to adopt their habits. In the morning it is better not to feed him at home and not to give sweets.
If the moods arise about the proposed food in kindergarten, ask the caregiver to not pay attention to it. Do not allow yourself to manipulate. When a baby realizes that his whims do not work, he will lose interest in them.
How to make a child eat fresh fruit
"We do not want to eat fruit!" And do not. The child can not talk about just eaten a banana. All children love milkshakes and yogurts, you can chop fruits and mix them there without any problems. Well perceived fruit salad, seasoned with yogurt or sour cream with sugar. He wants sweet, so let him eat.
Crush different types of fruit: a banana with an apple, add a kiwi or pear. This is a great combination of products. Season the fruit. Add berries or nuts as desired. Many mothers often teach children to fruit in a similar way.
How to make a child eat vegetables
Often, little kids refuse to eat onions and potatoes in the soup, and few people like boiled carrots. Therefore, you have to mix ingredients with a spoon in a plate, and yes, it works.
Better yet, if you start the first solid foods with fresh or boiled vegetables. Carrots can be grated on a fine grater and season with sour cream or sprinkle with sugar.
Quick-cooking cereals are better not to use, but to cook homemade with the addition of green peas or corn.
When buying products, provide a selection of vegetables to your baby. Children always choose what they like in appearance. You can try to cook the same vegetables in different ways, cook, fry, bake, cook for a couple or even give raw. Try to make juice or vegetable puree, cook vegetable stew.
Is the child hungry? It is an urgent need to feed!
Paradoxically, but most often eating disorders are affected by adults, or rather parents. They are distinguished by an unhealthy attitude to food, psychological problems associated with food, they do not understand when they are really hungry. Unfortunately, adults who do not have a culture of food consumption, inculcate a similar attitude to their own children.
How does this happen in everyday life? You can turn to a simple life example.
The girl lives in a family where she hardly has enough money for food. Sweets and fruits are bought only for the holidays. Being an adult and acquiring her own family, she tries to catch up. As if wanting to compensate for her own childhood, in which there was no delicious food, she buys a bunch of sweets to her offspring, can feed him, not paying attention to weight gain. It is possible that in this way, a woman will show her love, believing that subsequently the child will be sincerely grateful for such an attitude. The worst thing is that such cases are not unique. History remembers many examples when adults, whose childhood was in the war years, tried to prepare as much as possible in order to prevent child starvation.
It is good to analyze your own behavior to eliminate such errors. Is there no transfer to the child of the behavior of their parents or a desire to compensate for aspects that were not enough during their own childhood? You should not treat with fanaticism the issue of food intake, as constant overeating can do no less harm than monotony in the daily diet. Many nutritionists believe that it is better to malnour than to overeat, since an excess of food can cause not only excess weight, but also apathy, lack of initiative and be complicated by diseases caused by a load on the child’s body.
Why the child does not want to eat?
If you look objectively at this problem, you can understand that a person experiencing a real hunger will never demonstrate a refusal to absorb food. Absolutely any expert will declare that the device of a biological rhythm is special, and therefore the child can demonstrate a wonderful appetite today, and tomorrow no longer show such a strong desire to absorb food. The day after tomorrow, this process may not be strong enough.
In order to deal with this problem, it is necessary to realize that the body itself regulates physiological needs. This allows you not to suffer from excess weight, getting the necessary amount of calories with food in order to gain an optimal amount of energy and feel a favorable state of health. Can cite as an example a child who fell ill. He spends all the time in bed, can feel discomfort, his body does not need a large amount of food. During this period, the doctor will recommend not to torture the baby by trying to shove food into it, persuading them to eat everything without remaining food.
Another example would be a lean baby who eats too much (as the parents believe), but his body build remains the same. What reason? You need to carefully observe your own child. It is possible that he behaves actively, enjoys games that require movement. The free time of the baby is occupied by dances, the desire to explore the world around us. This allows you to say that the food absorbed by the body of the child is processed into energy, which he seeks to expend. It `s naturally. The kid does not need the deposition of calories that will accumulate on the hips, cheeks, stomach. Crumbs can be called absolutely healthy. He has no worms, no hormonal disorders. Therefore, parents and close people can not worry.
There are certain circumstances during which you should pay close attention to the behavior of the child:
- Sudden reduction in portions of food that a child chooses. He can make a denial of food and rapidly lose weight,
- There is a pale skin cover, inactivity, apathy and lethargy in a child,
- Refusal of favorite food and treats, which he previously preferred,
- Exhausted or emaciated appearance in a child.
This suggests that with a sudden decrease in appetite in a child, but his usual cheerful state, manifestation of activity and the absence of complaints - he should be left alone. As soon as he feels hungry, immediately ask for food, it cannot be otherwise.
Food absorption is the body's natural need. The primary instincts of self-preservation are hunger and thirst. If you do not feed the child in time, he will immediately start crying, screaming, not calming down, until he gets food. The body crumbs perfectly understands what hours and how much it is worth it.
From plump to slim
Hyper-drug as a chosen style of child rearing can turn into not only overweight problems. Often, patients with psychologists and nutritionists are people suffering from anorexia, as well as eating disorders. With what it can be connected?
The child, who is diligently fed by the parents, soon grows up and starts attending school. It is unlikely that peers and other children will begin to be moved by his excess weight. The student will be subjected to ridicule and humiliation, it will be difficult for him to carry out tasks in physical education classes. He will begin to believe that food is primarily a weight problem, because of which he is unable to build harmonious relationships with others, there are violations in the field of health.
As long as a person is in the family circle, it will be difficult for him to change his eating habits. As soon as he finishes school, he will be able to grow up, he will be able to escape from his parents' excessive care, he may succeed in changing the culture of food consumption. Often a person radically transforms, barely sheds weight, which allows you to enjoy compliments and positive feedback from acquaintances and friends. Negative experience that he received in childhood can motivate him to lose weight.
It can be understood that in this situation the blame lies on the shoulders of the parents. In this case, the mother and grandmother. The work of a specialist should be done with all family members. In order to avoid a repetition of the situation, it is necessary to express to women the idea that the problems of the beloved child arose because of the need to eat up everything that was laid on the plate.
"How can you not force him to eat?" He alone will not eat anything! ”- close people who express a sincere experience about the fate of the child can express this opinion. Even if the baby initially refuses to eat, after a while, he will still ask for food or take food himself. The most important thing is not to be tempted to eat some sweets, and, therefore, it is necessary to remove them from free access.
There are concerns that the child will not eat anything at all? Do not worry. The body of the baby will tell you when to eat food. He will surely eat as soon as he feels hungry.
How to feed the baby?
Someone will say that experts suggest not to feed children at all, being guided by the permissive style of education. These recommendations do not mean that the child has the right to do whatever he wants, including eating everything he likes.
The absorption of food is an important need that exists in every person, including the child. It is worth tracking that the diet was balanced. A kid should get all the micronutrients with food, calories in order to grow up healthy, active and happy. At the same time, good nutrition does not mean overeating. Too dense dinner can cause harm to the body, will not contribute to a good night’s sleep and will bring real harm to the digestive system.
Adults should exercise true wisdom and prudence in matters that concern the nutrition of their own child. It is necessary to be guided by an objective opinion, and not to try to feed the child wholeheartedly, forcing him to eat a double portion of food, because of which the baby cannot move.
If the child has whims and does not want to eat cooked dishes, you can try to feed him with something else, but no less useful. It is possible that from the same products, it will be possible to prepare other dishes that will impress the little one, that he will really love them. It is not necessary to consider these vagaries unreasonable. Even in the presence of fatigue from a busy day, you can always show imagination and consider the cooking process to be a true creativity, to which you can attract a child.
In addition, you can somehow decorate the food that is served on the table. Believe me, any child will want to try, and most likely eat a fully cooked meal.
To summarize, I want to say that you should not force the child to eat up the food. This can lead to both excess weight and problems that only a psychologist will be able to help in solving. It is best to give the baby the right to decide how much food he can eat. No need to think that feeding the child, you can show him your love. There are lots of other ways that will not lead to metabolic disorders.
The two extremes - food by the hour, by a strict regime, or by a completely free schedule, when everyone eats when he wants - are wrong.
- In the first case, just, and there may be problems with refusal from food - the baby still just does not have time to get hungry for the next reception,
- In the second case, there is a risk of indigestion - young children still need to be reminded that it is time to eat, and then they will play and forget.
- The weight and body of the child does not depend on how well and often he eats. But the overfed baby can become an adult when it comes to adulthood,
- A small phlegmatic person, for example, may eat a little, but to have “correct” weight, and an active choleric person, with the same or even more food, will be thin,
- The children's organism requires exactly that and in such volume, how much it needs to maintain strength and health,
- Feeding children threatens obesity and metabolic disorders. Retraining in adulthood will be very difficult
- And, if the reluctance to eat is associated with the immaturity of the digestive system, then much more serious health problems are possible. No need to force, in time the crumb will begin to eat what he previously refused, when his stomach is ready to accept it.
How to make the child eat more if he does not need such an amount of food? And is it necessary?
- Every child eats as much as necessary
- Perhaps you just need to make meals more frequent, but offer less food,
- Try to initially not give children what is considered harmful and knocks down the appetite. When a child does not know these tastes, he will not refuse healthy food, begging for harmful sweets or chips,
- Let's give everything delicious for dessert, when the baby is already full and does not eat much sweet (read the article When to give sweet to a child? >>>)
- If you want to follow the diet, then stick to not very strict rules. For example, lunch is not exactly at the same time, but approximately, the main thing is for the whole family to gather at this hour to the table,
- The child must see that you all eat the same thing. Food habits are established in each family in its own way, depending on what is customary to cook.
How to improve the appetite
If you see that your child, in fact, eats very little, does not constantly eat up even a small portion, refuses many dishes, this is an alarming sign.
But, even in this case, it is not necessary to force; it is better to first pass a complete blood count and see the hemoglobin level.
Know Iron deficiency anemia is one of the common causes of a child’s poor appetite.
The child does not want to eat - how to make him, without hurting him?
I am not inclined to force children to eat and never use such principles in working with children to correct eating disorders. The approach is always comprehensive, we work in several directions:
- power mode adjustment,
- we build rules for meals,
- do actions aimed at activating the appetite.
Only all together gives a good effect and the child begins to eat better, bigger and more diverse. For more information about this system for correcting children's appetite, look at the online course. Let's eat with pleasure: we return appetite to a child >>>
What can you do yourself?
- Determine which products the child always agrees and which, on the contrary, does not want to
Try to “hide” the unloved foods, for example, mix in the mashed potatoes other chopped vegetables in a small amount.
I am not a fan of this method, but without a holistic approach, you will have to somehow use tricks and tricks. Also read the current article How to feed a child? >>>.
- You may need to revise the menu,
It often happens that at school or kindergarten children eat better or worse than at home. Пусть малыш сам подскажет вам, что он хочет на обед или ужин – так и вам будет легче, и кроха получит то, что сможет поесть без капризов.
Это только кажется, что он будет просить каждый день одно и то же – однообразие быстро надоест.
Попросите малыша натереть морковку на терке или порезать яйца на яйцерезке, раскатать тесто, размешать что-то. Приготовленное своими руками хочется попробовать!
- Не давайте ничего за час до основной еды, чтобы не сбить аппетит,
If you have to give, then let it be some kind of fruit or vegetables - something that quickly digests and does not discourage the desire to eat tightly.
- How to force to eat vegetables if the child does not love them?
You can try to offer vegetables in different forms and cut in different ways: herringbone, teeth, thin stripes.
Vegetables are better not to mix. Few of the children love vegetable salads. Better place the vegetables on a large dish so that the child can choose what he wants at the moment.
- How to make you eat yourself?
As long as you feed the child and do not give him freedom in other areas of life, the child will not be independent.
Hand him cutlery, do something at the table, arguing that you are now busy hands and you can not feed him.
Encourage independence and praise for its manifestations. For details on the principles of independence, see the article How to teach a child to eat independently? >>>
How to make a child eat porridge
But now I want to remember my childhood. Of course, I don’t remember myself completely small, but according to my grandmother’s stories - I ate disgustingly!
I was not yet a year old, but I already managed to bring my beloved grandmother to white heat! Feeding for her, and for me too, turned into torture.
What tricks she went to shove at least one spoonful of porridge in my mouth! She sang songs, flies, and birds showed, and tweeted!
And I opened my mouth in surprise, she put a gruel in my mouth and put it on. But sometimes it did not work, and then everything around was smeared with spit out by me.
I do not know why I did not eat it then, but I remember why I did not like porridge in five years. There were lumps in semolina! They caused such nausea attacks in me that from one type of semolina I felt bad. And once I just poured porridge from the balcony, for which I then got hit hard!
These childhood memories were useful to me when I myself became a mother. And now I know perfectly well what a perfect baby menu is.
I approached cooking semolina responsibly. Not a single bundle was supposed to be there! I always put some salt and some sugar in porridge.
I noticed that the children eat sugary – sweet porridge very badly. It just seems that all children are very fond of sweets.
My grandson since birth does not love sweets. And in his porridge I put very little sugar. But add a little cinnamon or vanilla.
In summer, berries can be added to porridge. And tasty and healthy.
The grandson did not eat porridge for a long time. And I came up with such a move. She cooked porridge, and in another room, but that her grandson heard, she began to talk to her husband, they say, what a delicious porridge turned out. But the grandson, they say, will not call - he still does not eat her. The spirit of contradiction worked. Came running. From the day he eats porridge.
In kindergarten, I used other tricks to make kids eat. Since there were drawings on all the plates, I arranged for the kids the competition “Who would have a picture faster than others in a plate”.
Of course, this only works when children have beautiful plates. Competitions such they liked. Even those children who ate poorly tried to distinguish themselves. I applied this method to all thick dishes.
How to make a child eat
A lot of kids eat vegetables badly. They do not like onions, carrots, cabbage. But the bow is so useful for the children's body! And the taste of food improves.
Therefore, when cooking, I cut onions very finely, did not fry, but cooked along with broth or stewed. Then he did not float in rags on his plate, but was well boiled, and my children did not see him. And I did not betray the secret.
To teach children to eat vegetables, I, that just did not invent! She sprinkled tomatoes with sugar, made men from cucumbers, cut out asterisks from carrots. And with a green onion in general, a funny story came out!
When the children were small - I did not work. There was a catastrophic lack of money, and I wanted to feed the children with something useful!
My daughter was three years old. I crumbled in a plate of green onions, mixed with sour cream, salted. I put my daughter at the table, said: “Eat! There are a lot of vitamins! ”And she went about her business. Suddenly - a loud cry!
I look - my daughter all over the plate, scattered onions all over the table, and also managed to break each piece. She saw me and cried out through tears: “You have deceived me! There are no vitamins! ”
When the daughter grew up, we together with her prepared vegetable cocktails, and then treated the rest of the household. And no one could guess what they were prepared from. Here is the recipe for one of the vitamin shakes.
Take 1/5 cup of beet juice,? cups of cucumber juice,? cups of orange juice (or apple), add half a cup of boiled water, sugar, a little citric acid.
If the child does not see the whole process of cooking, then he will drink this cocktail, especially through a straw, with pleasure!
How to make a child eat soup
Working in kindergarten, I noticed that children eat soups well. But not all kids love, when in the soup - large pieces of potatoes. Very often I had to knead the slices of potatoes right on the plate.
And the child ate soup. But if the child did not want - I did not force. Of course, we were forced children to feed. But I thought so: let the child eat only two spoons of soup, but with pleasure. And if forced to feed - it will throw up! And then the persistent dislike for soups will remain with the child for a long time.
How to make a child eat meat
Many children do not eat meat. I think that this is due to the fact that the meat is badly chewed, meat fibers remain in the mouth for a long time, without juice and taste, and this causes an attack of vomiting in children.
And make a child swallow this is impossible! For one case from my family life, I am still ashamed.
When the son was small, he could not bear meat! I did not force. But the husband put the meat to his son in a plate and demanded that he eat it. He even put his son in the corner when he was muscled in his mouth a piece of meat and could not swallow.
And I swore with my husband, and persuaded - nothing helped! Then I became unnoticed, so that my husband did not see, take what was once meat from the son’s mouth. And for dinner I tried to cook meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, chicken meat. By the way, children eat chicken meat with pleasure, especially - “legs”.
The main secret. How to make a child eat everything!
Having worn out with my children, I approached the feeding of my grandson with all the responsibility. Took into account all the mistakes and shortcomings. I began to teach him to a varied diet before the year. I tried to have a new dish cooked flawlessly.
Both in appearance and quality. From the age of five months I gave my grandson such tasty mashed potatoes that my grown-up son asked me to leave him a little “baby potato”. Soups cooked in chicken broth, added there different vegetables, cereals.
And then crushed in a blender. The grandson was ten months old. We went to the clinic for another medical examination. And when the pediatrician said that it was time to accustom the child to a varied meal, I proudly said: “He eats everything!”
How to awaken the child's appetite
Here are some rules that will help feed your baby properly, tasty and varied.
- Do not force! Firstly, no coercion. You can not force a child to eat, in any case. From the moment of birth, the body experiences hunger as soon as the nutrients taken from the previous meal are exhausted in the blood. That is, the body itself says about when and how much it needs. In no case do not force the child to eat, do not dance in front of him with a spoon of porridge and, moreover, do not feed him forcibly. This can lead to serious psychological problems that will go with the baby into adulthood. Food is a pleasure and a way of saturation, but in no way a punishment.
- Mode. Set the mode of the day and power. After the baby goes from breastfeeding to the common table, it should be fed at about the same time.
- No snacking! Exclude sweets, cookies and other sweets, especially in the intervals between main meals. Do not be surprised that the baby refuses from the soup, if he had eaten chocolate an hour ago.
- Exercise stress. In order for a child to have an appetite - he must spend the energy that has entered the body from a previous meal. For this, he must move. Ideally, in the fresh air. Walk with your child for at least two hours, especially before dinner. After such a walk, the baby will be happy to eat the whole plate of mother's soup. At the same time allow the child to run, jump, climb. Do not take cookies and sweets for a walk, prepare the soup in advance, so that after coming you will be able to quickly feed the hungry child.
- Refusal of sugary drinks. Compotes and juices can also be considered food, because they contain a lot of sugar. Between meals, it is better to refuse sugary drinks - only clean water. And offer the compote as a dessert after the soup and the second dish.
- Kindergarten. Oddly enough, kindergarten contributes to normal nutrition. A lot of parents admit that their capricious and picky kids start to eat normally only in the kindergarten. There are several reasons for this. First, there is a tough discipline - all meals are strictly at a certain time. Secondly, in the intervals there are no cookies and sweets - they simply have nowhere to take. Thirdly, the collective plays a role - if everyone around eats with appetite, the child will also begin to repeat after his peers. Therefore, if your child does not eat well, you should try to give it to the garden, if, of course, age allows.
The question "How to make a child eat" is fundamentally wrong. You can not force him, you need to arouse the interest of the child in food, it is important that he felt hunger. Then cooked dishes will seem much tastier. But what if the child prefers to eat selectively?
how to cook quail eggs for a child
How to feed a child varied
Indeed, the problem of a balanced diet is very serious. Many children do not like to eat meat, someone refuses vegetables, and others do not recognize fruits. However, doctors argue that the diet of the child should be varied. Every day he should eat something meat, something dairy, some kind of fruit and vegetables, and cereal is obligatory. This will provide the baby with the right amount of vitamins. What to do if the child refuses meat or does not like vegetables at all?
- Many kids do not eat onions in any form. However, if it is chopped and boiled for at least two hours in a broth, it will dissolve almost completely, the baby will not even notice it.
- In kindergartens, potatoes are cut small enough so that one piece can fit in a children's mouth. But in this case, caregivers admit that not everyone eats soup. But if you crush the potatoes right in the soup, the kids eat the dish with much more pleasure.
- It is quite rare to meet a child who loves meat. First, the meat in its structure is quite tough. For the kid to eat it with pleasure, you need to cook meatballs and meatballs with meat. Moreover, it is necessary to scroll through the meat grinder 2-3 times to make the dish very soft. Add a little fat and onion in the mince for juiciness, cook steamed patties, serve them hot immediately after cooking. The baby definitely will not refuse such delicacy.
- In order for a child to eat fruits and vegetables with pleasure, one can cut out the shape of stars, men, animals and other figures. In general, creative serving of dishes is very important for the child, interest usually stirs the appetite.
- Some mothers admit that children do not want to eat fruits and vegetables in general form, but with pleasure they eat them in pieces. That is, you need to chop the pears, peaches, apples, bananas and other fruits in small pieces, put in a bowl and give it to the child. Sometimes mad delight causes self-use of the plug. Try to give the child a plug with sharp ends, so that the baby does not get hurt.
- If the child refuses to eat, try giving it in a different form. That is, sometimes one-year-old kids refuse to eat just because they do not want to eat the usual mashed potatoes from under the blender. Much more they like dishes with small hard pieces. This is called a pedagogical supplement when new products are introduced into the child’s diet from the mother’s plate.
- Cook for the baby delicious! Sometimes parents bother with proper nutrition for the child, although they themselves do not adhere to established rules. If the baby in half a year is happy to eat broccoli, then do not be surprised that he will give up the green mass in three years. Prepare mashed potatoes, add butter, a little milk and salt - that is, that the baby was really tasty.
- By the way, it is easier to feed a child with meat if it is a chicken leg. Many children, for some reason, love them very much.
- Up to three or five years, do not introduce industrial sausages, chips, ketchups and other dubious food products into the child’s diet. Understand that mother's soup rarely wins a fight against sausages, so it is better to protect against such food in advance. The later the child finds out what it is, the better.
- If the child completely refuses vegetables, you can cheat and make them juice. That is, mix the juice of carrots and apples, serve the child with a straw or just pour into the packaging from the purchased juice. Often children, without seeing the cooking process, are happy to drink freshly squeezed juices. But remember, for a child under three years old, juice should be diluted with water.
- You can use this technique. Buy your baby a beautiful plate, at the bottom of which fairy-tale characters or cartoon characters are drawn. Tell the child that he should rather eat the soup to greet his beloved friend.
- Do not cook porridge overly cloying - many children do not like it. Add sugar moderately, be sure to decorate the taste with a pinch of salt. In semolina, you can add vanilla or cinnamon. Avoid the formation of lumps - you can form an aversion to semolina for life. But the children will eat tasty cooked porridge with great pleasure.
And further. If the child does not want to eat, do not force or persuade him. You do not want to eat - do not, eat soup later. But be firm - do not offer any alternative, otherwise the child will constantly manipulate you in terms of food. Talk to older households in advance. In the morning you have to say in your voice - porridge is ready, who will? If all adult household members, including older children, will gladly run to the kitchen, the baby simply cannot stay away! Put the child a little so that he can master the portion and enjoy the taste of the dish.
If the child refuses any food and this is accompanied by symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, heartburn, then you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. This may be a sign of poisoning or gastroenterological illness.
how to teach a child to drink water
Is food always important?
Separately, I would like to say about babies who are breastfed. Often moms complain that babies are not very interested in complementary foods, that they constantly suck their breasts, although there is nothing in it. In fact, many women only think that there is no milk or very little milk in their breasts. The late feeding period (after a year) is characterized by a situation where the breast is not poured much, but milk is still produced there. This suggests that the baby is full. If you want to transfer the crumb to the common table, you need to think about complete or partial weaning from breast milk, when you will offer the baby a breast only after waking up and before going to bed.
Should I force a child to eat if he is sick? Many women of the older generation are sure that it is worth it, because the baby "will not have the strength to fight the disease." However, this is fundamentally wrong. There is such a thing - therapeutic fasting. This means that in the acute period of many diseases, food will only aggravate the condition of the baby, because the body is unable to digest food, all its resources are aimed at fighting the disease. Especially you can not force the child to eat with colds and food poisoning. You can offer him light broth or boiled rice only if he asks for food. But this rule does not apply to the water regime. Both with poisoning and ARVI you need to drink a lot and the more, the better. By this you will not only protect your child from dehydration, but also help speed recovery.
The attitude of a person to food and eating behavior are laid in childhood. If you do not want to see a fat child in the future, with a large number of complexes and sores on the background of obesity, you need to instill in your child a healthy attitude to food. Tell the teenager that his body is not a trash can, where you can throw everything from soda to nuts and chips. Do not make the child eat up everything on the plate - this is wrong. You need to eat as much as you want, no more. The body reacts much worse to overeating than to hunger. We are what we eat. And if the child wants to eat, he will certainly tell you about this, do not force the children to eat. From starvation and exhaustion in wealthy families, no one has ever died!
how to make applesauce for babies
5 minutes before lunch
In the case when the baby is long overdue for lunch or breakfast, and not to tear him away from interesting toys, we advise you to treat his activities with understanding. Here it is necessary to show consistency and at the same time persistence. Ведь малыш возможно действительно погружен в интересную игру всеми своими мыслями, и он просто не слышал вас или же слышал, но весьма отдаленно. Следовательно, и реакция его будет замедленная. Поэтому нужно предупреждать детей заранее, давая им около пяти или семи минут на завершение игры, а не звать их, когда уже давно накрыт обеденный стол.In some cases, we advise you not just to call the child, but to lightly touch his shoulder, so that he really “hears” you. After all, he would rather return from the country of his childhood fantasies to the world around him.
In some cases, you can also ask the child how much time he will need to complete the game and give him another four to five minutes. Sometimes, despite all the proposed persuasions, the kid continues to play and ignore invitations to dinner. Here, parents should introduce more stringent requirements, for example, the “golden” rule, that after the third refusal, the child may not approach the dinner table at all, since there will be no more food on it.
Psychologists believe that since a child hears too many words every day, little by little he learns to resist, automatically closing his ears, and thereby protecting himself from the volume of information that is too heavy for him. That is the reason that very often he does not immediately perceive the words of his parents and treats many of them with less attention. Therefore, as psychologists advise, in order to be understood and heard, parents must call the child to eat with the help of some kind of co-invented signal. But such a signal that can not be heard. For example, with the help of a pipe, bell or drum. The kids obviously love this “game,” and they will gladly join it.
Bunny calling for dinner
Moreover, all babies have an age when stubbornness becomes the predominant trait of their character. This period is even distinguished as crisis of three years. Children enter into the period of manifestation of their own "I" and will firmly defend their opinion, thereby demonstrating their individuality to themselves and all others. And if a child at the age of three years says: “I do not want” or “I will not” - then more than half of the above methods of influencing him will most likely not be effective. Therefore, it is sometimes difficult for children of this age to come to the table, looking up from their work and not dropping “their self-esteem”. As a way out, psychologists propose the next option - child calls to eat his favorite bunny, doll or fairy fairy. Well, or someone who was not involved in the "lunch conflict."
Alas, quite often there is a situation when once at the table, the baby starts to act up again. He seems not to eat, but does not cease to pick and choose. “Our child does not want to eat” - puzzled parents quite often utter a similar phrase. And here, in response, there are two constantly asked questions: who is guilty of the fact that the baby does not want to eat, and what should be done in this case? Understand to begin with, is there really a serious problem. Indeed, adults are often prone to exaggerating the scale of the tragedy.
The feeding process is not so simple as it seems at first glance and it is necessary to tune in advance to the fact that not always everything will turn out right away.
What are the reasons for failure?
When the child refuses to offer him food, it is important to find out the reason. Why? Perhaps it is not quite satisfied with the “process” of feeding? Either the baby does not like this dish? Or maybe he just bored?
There are various reasons for the "bad" appetite in children, because each person is individual. Let us analyze some of these reasons and understand them.
- The kid is very distressed. Both for children and for adults it is important that the baby is in a good mood at the time of eating. Good mood is the most important factor in the process of digesting food, and also to ensure that feeding does not become problematic in itself. After all, the child is already not in the mood, but here he is also forced to eat. In such a situation, we advise you to remove lunch from the table for a while and wait until the moment you are in a good mood. Does not want to eat at the moment - you can offer a little later. The main thing for an adult is not to show that are you angry or angry. After all, you tried so hard, buying the most useful products, cooked, and the child does not want to eat them. It would be insulting to anyone in your place, because the way a child behaves does not at all correspond to parental expectations ... In such a situation, parents can be advised to change their view of things and calm down.
- Sometimes children say the phrase - “I ate”, which is quite logical. After all, you yourself will not torture yourself, stuffing the remnants of food, when you had eaten long ago? Your child will do the same. And when he was already full, then in response to her mother's persuasion, everything that remained unfinished on the children's plate, suddenly begins to fly through the kitchen. Later, when the baby is a little older, just teach him to say the words. "I do not want any more". And then you will avoid screams and long washing of floors and walls in the kitchen.
- If children's well-being does not cause any concern to parents and doctors, we recommend to draw your attention to the fact that how to eat in this family. And if there are no people in your family who have “excellent” appetite, don't you think that your child will eat for two.
- And do not panic if your daughter or son always ate a little - yesterday, and a month ago, but at the same time the baby is cheerful, active and developed. Perhaps your baby is just “low on the skin,” and he has no problems with appetite. Yes, there are such children.
- It has been observed that the table is capricious, mainly children whose families devote too much time and attention to the daily feeding process. For many young mothers, the main task is to have their child eat, and the child, understanding this, arranges a circus from the process of eating. And seeing that the parents are the most interested spectators, the children arrange a performance where everyone is fun jumping or even reading poems only so that the baby can eat at least one spoon. And in fact it affects many parents. However, we advise you to pay more attention and strength to the child not at that, but at another, more appropriate time.
- Keep in mind that even a little baby can already have their taste preferences, no matter how impossible it would seem to us, adults. In addition, we will reveal to you one secret: children are big conservatives, and everything new in food often causes resistance in them. For example, the beloved baby does not like when all products are mixed, so he will not eat soup or salad. Or, conversely, refuse to eat a dish in which the products laid out on a plate separately from each other. Someone does not touch the cottage cheese, because it does not tolerate its consistency. Other children do not like mashed potatoes, and some do not want to eat a round carrot in broth. It is not necessary to regard such behavior of a daughter or son as a mere whim. After all, a child may have the same rights as his parents to eat what he wants, and in the form that he himself likes.
- A special nuance that concerns the smallest. Some kids completely refuse to more dense composition of food, for example cutlets, casseroles and other products. It happens rather because the baby has not yet learned to chew food on their own. And the reason lies in the fact that for quite a long time the parents offered the crumbs only very finely ground mashed jars.
- Monotonous food also causes loss of appetite. After all, the child simply tired of those productsthat you feed him regularly. What should he do? The kid has no choice. And to run to the store for something tasty, he, too, alas, cannot. So he is suffering the poor at the table. And it happens quite the opposite. The child has one very favorite dish that he wants to eat all day. And if his favorite foods are not on the dinner table, baby goes on a hunger strike as long as the usual food finally comes to him. In many ways, of course, there is the mistake of adults who did not promptly offer the child a varied and balanced diet. The crumbs didn’t have their taste habits formed at the time, as a result of which he was afraid to try something new. This situation is fixable, but it will not be possible to do this in a short time, and for this, parents need to try hard.
Appetite Support Tips
The appetite lost in the child will return subject to the following rules:
- Set and follow the correct mode. nutrition in order to stabilize the work of the digestive system and timely release of digestive juices. This will help whet the appetite of the child.
- Offer food to your child consistently. and calm, respectively, with the mode of its power. Do not be annoyed if the child refused to eat. Just remove the food from the table and wait until the next hour of feeding.
- Don't lose your temper, seeing that eaten only half or part of the required portion. Later, the child will want to eat a little more. No need to worry if the baby misses a couple of feedings for example from 1 to 3. As you know, all the nutrients the child needs are replenished by the internal resources of the body - the so-called “depot”, which are found in the liver, muscles and other organs.
- Eliminate snacks so much loved by some children. in between meals. Many parents make the same common mistake, allowing children to have a snack between the main meal. And how can you refuse a child when he asks you for only one piece of bread or small cookies? And the request is, of course, promptly executed. But do not entertain yourself with hope, thinking that your baby unknowingly chose the “fractional” nutrition so widespread today. The point here is quite the opposite. Picked up a little over the course of the day, he, thereby, refuses to eat at lunchtime, since he is no longer hungry.
- Advise stay in the open air more often. Regular walks in the park or playing at the playground will “light up” the children's appetite. A long stay in a stuffy room leads to oxygen starvation and a decrease in the rate of metabolic processes, and as a result, a decrease in appetite.
- Especially for the baby get merry dishes. You can do this by going to the tableware shop with your child. We are sure that a bright cheerful little plate with the image of the beloved baby Luntik or Smesharik at the bottom will also have a beneficial effect on the child. And in order to see his favorite characters at the bottom of the dishes, you will have to eat everything until the very end!
- Diversify baby food necessarily offering him all the new taste products. Let him choose what to eat by offering several different dishes to choose from. As you know, monotonous nutrition leads to the development of various diseases: dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract, anemia, vitamin deficiencies and so on.
- As an option, we advise you to plant your child have dinner with friends, and preferably with those that eat well. And the adults themselves, sitting next to the children, eat with genuine appetite. After all, someone else's example, as you know, is contagious!
- Give your child portions of reasonable size.. How often parents, having overestimated the amount of food that a baby is able to eat, offer him huge portions. This applies, in particular, to the products that are not yet very much loved by the child, for which a few tablespoons would be enough. Not to mention the fact that too large portions in kids cause a tendency to systematically overeating. And this habit, alas, persists throughout the subsequent "adult" life.
- Be the best example. If the family mom and dad eat so to speak on the run, and in this house there is no tradition of joint family dinners, it will be very difficult to tell the son and daughter about the need to respect diet. In this situation, the child is more difficult to understand what he should do and what to believe and what not. Make it a habit to cook healthy food for your whole family. So it will be easier for the baby to try new foods and believe that when all family members eat it, it means it is very tasty. And how will the baby eat “tasteless” cereals and vegetables when mom and dad eat sausages and sausages with great pleasure? A child is not advised too early to learn the taste of chips and sweet candies, as well as other goodies. After all, then he will insist on demanding them, instead of a rich carrot or cabbage rich in vitamins.
- Make the whole food process more interesting.. So, in order to make your baby more likely to eat, make sure that the food served looks interesting and beautiful. Sometimes it is quite enough to decorate the cooked dish brightly and unusual, so that the baby becomes interested in seeing your culinary “masterpiece”. After all, it is known that an aesthetically pleasingly decorated dish would rather improve a child’s appetite than a usual boring bowl of rice porridge. For example, there are mothers who spread various patterns from ordinary products. Or, alternatively, you can try a light soup through a colored tube, and wrap an ordinary carrot into a rustling candy wrapper and turn it into a seductive candy.
- Attract whenever possible baby to the daily table setting. Even the smallest children are able to cope with this fascinating activity. You can try to play in the restaurant with the children of the "little one". We think the kid will be interested in the game in the menu and the ability to independently set the table and lay out the devices: everything will be like the big ones!
- Offer your baby cook something yourselfOf course, under the guidance of someone from the senior. And then the kid will be more eager to try independently cooked dumplings and dumplings, as well as a salad that he mixed and salted.
- Appetite will contribute to beautiful bright tablecloth, interesting dishes, as well as the fact that the baby uses a spoon or fork.
- Alternatively, you can sometimes go to lunch at a nearby children's cafe. After all, children love to eat so much outside their home.
In principle, in order for you not to be forced to convince the child to eat what he does not want and does not like, discuss the forthcoming menu with him in advance. Do not force the little man to swallow something that seems unpleasant to him.
If the fateful words “If you don’t eat it, you won’t get anything else” all the same, they have broken from your lips, then hold on to the last In education, you need to be consistent. However, it’s better not to bring up a situation like this ...
What you absolutely can not do in the process of feeding a child
You can not feed the child by force. Such actions can cause him to vomit during each subsequent feeding, and disgust is also possible. Further, there may be a refusal to eat, as such.
In addition, feeding through force often leads to a situation where the baby is not able to determine that he is already full. And this, as is known, is the right path leading to overeating and obesity, as well as to dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract.
Feeding a child through parental power through childhood can lead to uncontrolled eating in front of the television already at an older age. Many are beginning to "seize" stress, thereby acquiring the problems associated with being overweight and various psychological problems.
You can not entertain a child in the process of eating. Funny pictures, cartoons, or food "race" will not improve the appetite, but rather will teach kids to eat, but at the same time not to notice the food itself. As a result, the child will eat more than necessary, and this leads to discomfort and heaviness in the stomach. Sometimes even nausea and vomiting. Overeating, obesity or gastritis are possible in the future.
Do not put pressure on the child. Various ultimatums or threats emanating from parents can lead to a child’s denial of taking any kind of food. The baby will not be able to experience pleasant emotions from food. After all, it is unlikely that anyone will object that we eat not only because of vital necessity, but in many respects for pleasure.
But children who are under constant pressure from their parents and who act only as they say, going into adult life will also allow emotional and physical violence against themselves.
Appetite is inherent in man by nature itself, and is an essential need of our body. Therefore, the desire to consume food from a child must necessarily arise by itself.
But it will happen only under the condition that baby is healthy. And if suddenly you noticed that the child refuses the food offered to him, then you should take a closer look at him. Perhaps lately he has become more sluggish, pale, or whiny? Have you noticed unreasonable irritability or drowsiness? Or maybe the child complained of pain when swallowing and the fact that he had become harder to breathe? Take the child's temperature. Look for any redness or a rash on the baby’s skin. An abdominal swelling or changing baby chair should also alert you. Each of the above symptoms can signal the onset of a disease, so when they are identified consult a pediatrician.
Sometimes refusal to eat can also be a signal about a number of psychological problems that have arisen in children. К примеру, при конфликтах между членами семьи, разводе родителей, проблемах при общении ребенка со сверстниками или воспитателями, смене школы. Часто некоторые дети тяжело переносят даже такие радостные на первый взгляд события, как рождение сестрички или братика. И все это вполне может вызвать очень сильные негативные переживания у детей, что, в свою очередь, отрицательно скажется на их аппетите. Помочь ребенку решить возникшие проблемы и устранить причины нервного напряжения должны, first of all, it is the parents.
The motto here is “calm, only calm” and of course patience. Do not be nervous or swear. You probably noticed more than once that children quite often check the nerves of their parents “for strength” and triple with this rebellion both against the appearance of a new dish and against the established norms of adult behavior at dinner. This is quite normal and you just need to learn a number of rules that make the child's food intake much more interesting.
Psychologists have developed quite an interesting method for "nehochushek", concluded in the following. So that the child does not declare his beloved - “I don’t want to eat this, I want something else!”, Psychologists advise to offer him, so to speak, the choice of "no choice". You need to ask the child: “Do you want oatmeal or rice? Compote or milk? ". And when a child feels that he is given the right to choose, he eats with the same pleasure the same as his entire family. Eat with an appetite or, as they said in Russia - eat in the hunt!
Poor hungry child!
I will begin by saying that sometimes eating disorders are found precisely in ... parents! Yes exactly. Unhealthy attitude to food and psychological problems in relation to it, when an adult can not "make friends" with food - this is the real root of evil.
How does this happen usually in life? I will give a simple example:
“Anya lived very modestly in her childhood. Even poor. There was always not enough money in the family, especially for sweets and children's joys. And now our Anya grows up into an adult woman, she now has a stable, full life, prosperity and peace in the family. But what does she do when she herself has a child? As if deciding to transfer his own childhood to him, to make up for a peculiar kind of loss, Anya constantly feeds the first-born child with everything he asks. And he does not ask for anything either. Chocolates, donuts with condensed milk, cookies, chips, soda ... An endless list of gastronomic abundance, of which she herself could hardly have dreamed in childhood ... "
In fact, hyper-care is the most typical and frequent deviation in the majority of parents (especially in compassionate grandmothers). It literally seems to them that the overflowing stomach and health are somehow interconnected. That a well-fed child simply cannot be unhappy.
Think well about whether you are making such a mistake. Do not you transfer to your child long-standing problems, the experience of negative experiences? The rule of the golden mean is still relevant in our world, and regular overeating is no less harmful than a lean or monotonous diet. And yes: most nutritionists tend to assure that sometimes overeating is indeed much more harmful than malnutrition. Remember this, if once again you want by force (or typical methods and bribes) to put the last spoonful “for the mother” into the child.
Why do children not eat?
Let's look at the picture at an objective angle. A hungry person will not refuse to eat. In addition, any doctor will explain to you that the biological rhythms in our body are arranged in their own way, and if yesterday your child had a particularly good appetite, then today he may already be normal. Or even bad.
Our body itself regulates the needs. This helps not to gain excess weight, to get food calories as much as necessary to actively move and feel good. A direct proof of this is a sick child. He lies in bed, feels badly himself, his body simply does not need to demand a large amount of food. Even a pediatrician from the district clinic will ask you not to pester the child by trying to feed (meaning overfeeding), but leave him alone.
Another example is a skinny child who eats a lot (from the point of view of his parents), but at the same time he remains as thin as he stubbornly refuses to bend and cheer up his grandmothers. What's the matter? Just watch your child carefully. As he runs around the apartment all day long, he jumps on the street in the courtyard, dances to the music from cartoons and makes a number of active movements. Everything that such a child absorbs from food, it is converted into energy. And it is right! He has no reason to put off unnecessary calories for a rainy day in a layer on the stomach or in the second chin. Such a child is completely healthy. He has no worms (yes, you can not worry), no hormonal disorders, and God knows what else, worried parents are ready to invent.
In some rare cases, you really should pay attention to the appetite of your beloved offspring (and his health in general), for example, if:
- The child suddenly began to eat little or completely refuses to eat, quickly loses weight,
- The child looks excessively pale, most of the day he is inactive and lethargic,
- He refuses flatly from the previously beloved food and delicacies, does not show any interest in food,
- You notice that the child looks exhausted or haggard.
Thus, I logically lead you to the conclusion that if a child suddenly decreases his appetite, but he remains habitually cheerful, shows activity and does not complain about anything - just leave him alone! As soon as he gets hungry, he will ask you to feed him, otherwise it cannot be.
Food - the natural need of the body. Hunger and thirst are the primary instincts of self-preservation. Try to forget to feed the baby. He will notify you of hunger with a loud cry and will not calm down until he is fed. The child knows better when and how much he needs to eat.
From pampushki to living skeleton
Parental hyper-care does not only threaten obesity for a child. Increasingly, in practice, psychologists and nutritionists began to come across cases when they come to them anorexic and people who have severe eating disorders. Where does this come from?
Being fed up for slaughter, the child is growing up, goes to school ... There, no one considers his plump sides or pink cheeks to be cute. On the contrary, a child with excess weight is subjected to general pressure, they can be cruelly mocked and ridiculed; he feels like a black sheep day and night among his classmates. It produces durable installations: food is overweight, excess weight is a miserable life.
While such a person is in the family circle, it is impossible to interrupt this vicious circle of endless gluttony. But now he finishes school, matures, breaks free from parental care ... and stops eating. He seems to be gaining wings - losing weight in his eyes, receiving compliments and positive feedback from his acquaintances and friends, he can no longer stop. And the nightmarish experience from the “hospitable childhood” spurs him even more.
“A twenty year old guy approached me. Rather, he was practically dragged into my office by force. His weight at that time was about fifty kilograms with an increase of 179 cm. At the first session it turned out that the emaciated young man had entered the university not so long ago and went to a nearby town, and then problems began. He left a plump teenager, returned exhausted, emaciated to the bone. Relatives sounded the alarm, tried to fatten it themselves first, but the young man refused to categorically absorb at least some food. Here it became known that he lived all his life with his grandmother and mother. Single women made the boy the center of their world, bought for him sweets in kilograms, constantly treated to pies and cakes. The child is terribly complex about his excess weight. When his mother’s and grandmother’s hyper-trust was left behind, he decided to end this ... "
As you yourself can guess, parents are to blame for this typical situation. In this case, the mother and grandmother. And the specialist had to work with the whole family. In order to never repeat this situation, it was important to convey to women the idea that the problems of their beloved son and grandson arose and developed directly through their fault.
“And how not to force him? He himself will eat nothing all day long! ”- Of course, nothing will. If he was constantly forced to eat before, and then suddenly left alone, for a while the child would enjoy the right to eat nothing and defiantly move the plate away. But then the instinct of self-preservation will prevail over ambitions. It is important that at the same time in the free access was not cookies, sweets and other sweets. Otherwise, the child will eat only them.
Fear that the child will remain hungry? Believe me, the child himself is not the enemy, he still has contact with the body is not broken. Eat when hungry.
The golden mean - where is she?
Probably, a certain category of readers will think that I urge their families not to feed their children, to let bad appetite take their course, to allow the child to do whatever he wants. No, it is not.
Food is an important link in the life of any person, and for a child even more so. The diet must be balanced, your child must receive with food all the nutrients, calories and vitamins to grow healthy and active. But proper nutrition is not at all synonymous with overeating. On the contrary, excessively dense dinner harms the body, interferes with good night’s sleep and causes significant damage to the digestive system. You need to be a wise and reasonable person in matters relating to the nutrition of his own child. To be able to consider the situation with an objective eye, and not be guided by the blind animal instinct to fill the children's stomach to the blade, so that he even loses the ability to move.
If your child is picky and often refuses your meals - try to treat him to others. Even from such a banal product, like potatoes or buckwheat, you can make a huge number of variations, and of them something, let your child enjoy it. Try, experiment!
Do not neglect the appearance of the food that you put on the table in front of the child - this is also important! If you show a little bit of fantasy, decorating the dish and come up with an exciting story about it, then a rare child will refuse to try it.
And in conclusion: do not force your children to scrupulously collect the last crumbs or to lick the plate completely white. Leave the child the right to decide for himself how much he is. In the end, it is a separate human body with its own unique biological rhythm!
We also read: the rules of behavior of children at the table. Lessons of etiquette and good manners
What complications for the child are fraught with "one more spoon for mother". Julia Lumeng study
Children categorically can not force or persuade to eat, if they do not want. According to scientists, our persuasion to eat an extra spoon very much work, but that's not good for the crumbs.
And obedient children as a result suffer from excess weight. Today, when childhood obesity confidently walks around the planet, it is especially important from an early age to inculcate correct eating habits to a child.
But even more important is not to kill the natural instincts in the baby, which suggest which piece is superfluous for the body. And our persuasion to eat a little more just and kill in the child these healthy innate instincts.
These findings were made by scientists from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, and led the study by Julia Lumeng. For the experiment, scientists invited 1218 mothers with babies to the laboratory.
Mom and children were filmed during feeding. The experiment was repeated three times with the same families: when the child was 15 months, 2 years and 3 years.
And it turned out that mothers who persuaded the baby to eat another spoon, the children were larger. This trend was observed regardless of the level of family income.
As the author of the study, Julia Lumeng, noted, the main problem is that kids are too capricious in eating, and therefore parents worry that children are undernourished. And so they begin to persuade them to eat a spoon for mom, because a spoon for dad.
But this is exactly what you should not do, because during such persistent feeding the child's natural instincts are dulled, which save from overeating. Figuratively speaking, the child's ability to detect the signals of satiety is dulled.
Another interesting observation was made by Julia. It turns out that children whose parents are worried that the children are undernourished and gaining weight too badly have a very normal weight for their height and age. The report of the experiment, scientists have published in Reuters Health.