VSD and Atarax
Atarax is a strong, effective medicine belonging to the group of tranquilizers used in the treatment of neurosis. Before you decide to use it, you should consult with a specialist, especially if you are going to use this tool in the treatment of a child.
The drug is used in the treatment of the appearance of anxiety, anxiety, increased arousal, irritability, as well as in the treatment of patients with neurological, somatic, mental illnesses, and alcohol dependence, accompanied by psychomotor overexcitement, as a somatic preparation during the period of preparation for therapy and elimination of pruritus .
Only a doctor can prescribe this drug! He has a number of contraindications, such as pregnancy, breastfeeding, porphyria, susceptibility to components of the drug (to cetirizine, piperazine derivatives, ethylenediamine, aminophylline), people with galactose intolerance or with the absorption of its absorption or glucose.
In addition, there are a number of side effects such as: low blood pressure, increased heartbeat, partial loss of vision, disturbance of accommodation, dry mouth, vomiting, nausea, hypersensitivity, anaphylactic shock, urinary retention, constipation, bronchospasm, asphyxiation, drowsiness, headache, insomnia , dizziness, convulsions, agitation, disorientation, hallucinations, itching, rash, swelling, weakness, fever, fatigue.
Despite the contraindications and side effects, this tool is quite effective, according to many doctors practicing the treatment of nerves.
A neurologist with 14 years of experience in this field in the city of Vladikavkaz considers Atarax to be an excellent tool. The effect comes quickly even with small doses and lasts a long time.
According to his opinion, the drug does not cause drowsiness, is good for mild depressions, states of anxiety. Sometimes it packs it to enhance the effect with other antidepressants. Especially effective in women in menopause.
A psychotherapist in Krasnoyarsk, with more than 40 years of experience, is also widely used in his activities.
He considers the drug effective in mild disorders. The negative point is that even in a small dose causes dryness in the oral cavity, urinary retention. Atarax is good only in small doses, improves sleep, eliminates anxiety. At higher doses, there is a manifestation of side effects.
A psychotherapist in Ryazan, a practitioner for 10 years, finds it positive that the result comes quickly. But often causes drowsiness, and also short in its action. Assigns as an auxiliary, and the main tool, depending on the condition of the patient.
A psychotherapist from Moscow with a work experience of 20 years notes a small risk of addiction. Atarax considers good as a means for falling asleep, reducing weak anxiety, irritability, autonomic instability. Considers him unable to replace strong tranquilizers. Notes that it causes drowsiness, weakness. Considers this drug an antihistamine drug, with an effect similar to such drugs as diphenhydramine, tavegil, diazolin.
A psychiatrist from Krasnodar with 8 years of experience considers the drug a good remedy for manifesting mild anxiety, as well as helping with itching and nausea.
A neurologist with 12 years experience from Irkutsk also notes a quick but short action. Uses also for mild manifestations of nerves. He rarely prescribes, as most people complain that they are not helping. Uses as an auxiliary and primary means of treatment.
A psychiatrist with 18 years experience from the city of Samara notes the rapid effect of the drug, coping well with problems in mild form, as well as in panic attacks. The male prostate, good at urinating. The dose must be adjusted, as side effects are manifested. Notes that the effect is unstable.
Elimination of symptoms of VSD tranquilizers
It is necessary to study thoroughly the question of using various tranquilizer preparations for the IRT. Hearing a "tranquilizer", any person is afraid to drink pills of this group. He immediately has an association with medicines used to eliminate mental disorders. But everything is not as scary as it seems at first glance. If you translate a word from English, it means "calm." The medicine helps to calm down quickly with the IRR. Naturally, the tool acts strongly and powerfully. But do not be afraid of this, as the medication is prescribed by a professional doctor.
It is known to many that the symptomatic symptoms of the IRR are very diverse, the most common of them are:
- the emergence of gratuitous anxiety, fear,
- problems with sleep processes in the IRR, including the complete lack of sleep (insomnia),
- increased irritability
- problems with emotional mood at the time of the IRR,
- often dizzy
In such cases, with the help of tranquilizers, they try to calm the patient during the IRR. Medicines do not belong to narcotic drugs, but are effectively and quickly acting means by which the nervous system dysfunction in the IRR in humans comes to normal.
Appointment of tranquilizers for VSD carries out the attending physician. Self-treatment by them is prohibited, since the diagnosis of an exact disease and the determination of the required course of treatment is the prerogative of the psychiatrist alone.
The essence and principle of action
Atarax on the clinical and pharmacological group belonging belongs to tranquilizers. Due to the main active substance - hydroxyzine dihydrochloride - the means performs several distinct functions. It helps to fall asleep, calm down, get rid of various anxieties and panic attacks, as well as relax with the IRR. Do not belong to antidepressant drugs. But Atarax perfectly relieves depression and other human disturbing states.
Atarax, in contrast to other tranquilizer medications, has several differences for the treatment of VSD:
- Providing antispasmodic action,
- Normalization of sleep processes, including Atarax effectively eliminates insomnia,
- Action sleeping pills,
- Elimination of fatigue and non-admission of conditions associated with overwork, decreased muscle tone,
- Elimination of anxiety of the patient, arising without any apparent reason during the IRR,
- The normalization of the emotional and mental sphere,
- Elimination of increased nervousness and irritability
- Improving human memory and thinking
- Revitalization of the brain structures of the head.
Atarax is prescribed if the patient has the following symptomatic signs and pathological conditions in the IRR:
- if an adult begins to be alarmed for a long time without any apparent reason,
- with the development of vascular dystonic disease,
- if the patient begins to disturb the itchy sensations in the skin,
- if there is a need for treatment with a high-quality sedative,
- with the appearance of a variety of panic attacks in the IRR,
- if other antipsychotics don't help,
- if a person begins to be disturbed by problems with sleep processes, including when the patient cannot sleep for a long time.
Sometimes the drug tranquilization group Atarax is prescribed for the treatment of osteochondrosis. It effectively relieves a variety of painful sensations. In addition, it is shown to use the drug in the development of alcohol dependence.
Contraindications to the use of Atarax
Although the use of Atarax for a short period of time does not represent a danger to human health and life, it is forbidden to take the medicine in the following cases:
- state of pregnancy
- you can not drink while breastfeeding a child with breast milk, as substances quickly enter the circulatory system, then into milk,
- in the presence of an allergic reaction
- if a person is sensitive to one of the Atarax components,
- with the development of pathological conditions affecting the visual organs, especially glaucoma,
- if a person does not tolerate galactose,
- with the development of such a neuromuscular disease (myasthenic pathology).
It is forbidden to take Atarax with an IRR without a prescription, as this will reduce the risk of unpleasant consequences for the human body. That is why the doctor first examines the patient's state of health, and only then advises using Atarax in the IRR.
You can not get behind the wheel of a vehicle and work with complex mechanisms while taking Atarax.
Forms of release and method of storage
In the pharmacy network sale of Atarax is carried out in two dosage forms.
The drug in pill form has a convenient packaging: each package contains 25 items. Atarax tablets are slightly elongated, have a whitish hue, on both sides they are divided into 2 parts using special risks.
There is also Atarax in the form of injections. Each vial for injection contains 2 ml of white, colorless liquid. The substance is administered intramuscularly.
Regardless of the form of the drug Atarax, storage is carried out in conditions where dryness and inaccessibility to children are ensured. The drug Atarax is stored at a 25-degree temperature for a 5-year period. After the expiration date, Atarax is forbidden to use.
How to apply?
Rules for the use of Atarax in IRR:
- Depending on the severity of the condition, adults take from 25 to 100 milligrams during the day with the IRR, this dose should be divided into two to three doses. Usually, the average dose of Atarax is 50 milligrams per day for the treatment of IRR. Sometimes it is necessary to increase the dosage of Atarax to 250 milligrams.
- For children recommended intake of 1 to 2 mg per kilogram of child weight during the day.
- When using Atarax with IRR for several days, you may experience unpleasant side effects.
- Reducing the dosage by 2 times with the IRR is recommended for patients in old age. Even if they have pronounced symptoms of vascular dystonia (VVD).
Substances contained in Atarax, can cause unpleasant consequences for the human body in the IRR, among which are often found:
- tachycardia and other cardiovascular problems
- the patient feels that the mouth is dry, and it is impossible to drown out this condition even with a large amount of water,
- sweat starts to stand out on the surface of the skin,
- the patient begins to fever,
- tremor development
- the patient may lose orientation in space
- convulsive states appear,
- may cause diarrhea or, conversely, constipation,
- dizzy and headache.
There may be other side effects of Atarax in the IRR. If you have similar or other side effects, you should immediately consult with your doctor. Uncontrolled intake of Atarax at the time of the IRR is prohibited, as the drug contains potent substances that can adversely affect a person.
What can replace Atarax?
If for some reason the use of the drug Atarax is not possible, doctors may prescribe other drugs that are similar in principle.
Reception is shown:
- Hydroxyzine hydrochloride,
- Hydroxysin Canon,
There are many positive reviews about the drug Atarax, which are left by professional doctors. But even in this case, it is recommended to consult with a specialist before drinking Atarax tablets.
I work as a doctor for over 20 years. Recently, the drug Atarax, which began to appoint with the IRR. With its help, light anxiety, itching, nausea at the time of the IRR are quickly eliminated. Patients talk about the disappearance of panic attacks after its use. But sometimes side effects may occur, so you should first go through a complete examination and determine the cause of the IRR.
I have been practicing for 28 years. About Atarax I want to say that it effectively relieves vegetative disorders along with other medicines. The drug does not cause dependence in the IRR. Even older people can drink atarax without the risk of experiencing a variety of psychotic conditions.
Practicing for the third year. I use in practice the drug Atarax, related to tranquilizers. With its help, violations of children's behavior are eliminated. They cease to be aggressive, sleep is restored. Behavior becomes normal. But if there are many positive characteristics, there is also a negative property. It lies in the fact that it is difficult for children to calculate the required dosage, as it is necessary to take into account how much the patient weighs.
Tranquilizers with VSD
However, initially it is necessary to understand why various tranquilizers are often used for the treatment of VSD. Sometimes the word itself causes some fear in a person, because the majority of tranquilizers are associated with medication that people with mental disorders take. In fact, the translation of the word means "to calm", naturally, it is quite strong and powerful means, but there is nothing terrible in their use if such treatment is prescribed by a professional doctor.
As you know, vegetative dystonia has many different symptoms, among which the most common:
- causeless anxiety, fear,
- emotional imbalance
- insomnia, sleep disturbance,
- frequent headaches.
In such situations, tranquilizers act as a sedative. These are not drugs, but simply potent drugs that normalize the functioning of the human nervous system.
In any case, tranquilizers are prescribed by the attending physician, and they cannot be used on their own, because only a specialist can make an accurate diagnosis and determine the necessary course of treatment.
What is Atarax? Drug properties
Clinico-pharmacological group of the drug - tranquilizer. Its main active ingredient is hydroxyzine dihydrochloride. The tool has several distinct functions: hypnotic, sedative, anti-anxiety and relaxing. It is not an antidepressant, but at the same time helps to cope with depression and other anxiety states.
Generally speaking, Atarax differs from other tranquilizers with the following qualities and characteristics:
- It has an antispasmodic effect.
- Normalizes sleep.
- Eliminates fatigue and does not allow overwork, reduces muscle tone.
- Suppresses the feeling of causeless human anxiety.
- Removes increased nervousness and irritability.
- Improves human memory, activates the brain.
Atarax in depression is just as effective as with the IRR, neurosis, panic attacks and other mental disorders. In addition, the tool is used for various allergic reactions, urticaria, eliminating itching and stopping inflammatory processes.
This information is not advertising or calling for any action. The drug, related to tranquilizers, can be used for medicinal purposes only after consultation with an experienced doctor.
Indications and contraindications
The tool is shown in the presence of the following signs and diseases:
- Anxiety states that are observed in adult patients.
- Vegetative dystonia.
- Itchy skin.
- The period of sedation, when there is a need for high-quality sedative medication.
- Panic attacks.
- Prolonged insomnia.
Despite the fact that short-term use of the tool does not carry a danger, you should refuse to use it in the following cases:
- Breastfeeding period.
- Allergic reaction or hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Glaucoma (group of diseases of the organ of vision).
- Intolerance to galactose.
- Myasthenia (neuromuscular disease).
As you can see, there are some contraindications that can not be identified at home, for example, intolerance to the components. That is why it is recommended to contact a specialist who will initially conduct an examination, and only then will give advice on the use of the product.
Application with IRR and side effects
Atarax tablets are used for VSD as follows:
- Adults are prescribed pills 25-100 mg per day, 2-3 times a day. Typically, the average dosage is 50 mg per day. In exceptional cases, the dosage is increased to 250 mg.
- Children are also prescribed this drug, but the dosage in this case should not be more than 1-2 mg per 1 kg of baby weight per day.
- Atarax is taken orally, in the first days you need to carefully ensure that there are no side effects.
Пациентам пожилого возраста чаще всего уменьшают дозировку в два раза, даже если у них наблюдаются ярко выраженные симптомы ВСД.
Among the side effects worth noting possible tachycardia, dry mouth, increased sweating, slight fever and even convulsions. If you notice similar or other side effects, do not forget to tell your doctor about it when you next visit him. Atarax is a potent drug, and therefore patients need proper supervision from specialists.
Reviews of patients with VSD
Reviews of Atarax during panic attacks and IRR by people suffering from these disorders can tell the whole truth about the effectiveness and quality of the drug. Most of the reviews are positive, and the negative points are associated only with those cases where the drug has negative side effects due to intolerance of certain components.
Patients with vegetative-vascular dystonia note the following characteristics of Atarax:
- Tranquilizer successfully eliminates anxiety, calms, relieves stress and nervousness. With the symptoms of the IRR is one of the most required actions, which allows not only to get rid of the signs of the disease, but also the cause of its occurrence.
- The drug is multifunctional, so it can be used for completely different diseases.
- Atarax is an effective and reliable tool for the treatment and prevention of vegetative-vascular dystonia.
Many say that the IRR can not be cured, it will have to spend a lot of money and strength. In fact, scientists continue to develop more and more new tools that can eliminate the symptoms of the disease and successfully deal with anxiety, panic attacks, depression and other mental disorders. Atarax is just one of these drugs that suppresses the symptoms of the IRR and improves the overall health of a person.
What is atarax drug properties
Atarax, a member of the tranquilizer group, is a drug used to treat panic attacks. The main substance that affects the human nervous system is hydroxyzine dihydrochloride.
The peculiarity of Atarax is that it helps to cope with depression, without regard to antidepressants.
All medications related to tranquilizers, have a sedative, hypnotic and anti-anxiety effects on the body. Atarax has the ability to:
- relieve muscle fiber spasms
- to bring sleep to normal
- eliminate fatigue
- reduce muscle hypertonia,
- do not let a person overwork
- eliminate anxiety that develops without reason
- relieve irritability and nervousness,
- improve the ability to memorize,
- activate the functioning of the brain.
The tool is prescribed by doctors in the presence of allergic reactions, with the aim of reducing itching and manifestations of the urticaria, as well as reducing the intensity of inflammatory processes.
The main purpose of receiving Atarax are:
- getting antispasmodic effects,
- normalization of sleep processes, including, due to hypnotic properties,
- prevent the development of panic attacks, stress,
- reduction of overwork,
- reducing the level of anxiety of a person
- normalization of the psycho-emotional sphere,
- eliminating irritability
- memory improvement
- stimulation of thought processes.
The tool is indicated for admission in the cases specified above, but it has a number of contraindications:
- all trimesters of pregnancy
- lactation of the child,
- allergy or intolerance to one of the components that make up Atarax,
- myasthenia gravis
- intolerance to a substance like galactose.
Release form and storage of the drug
Forms of release and method of storage of the drug are listed in the instructions for its use, attached to each drug.
Atarax can be found on the shelves of pharmacy chains in the following forms:
Tablets, divided into two equal halves for ease of separation. The package contains 25 tablets. The daily dosage is 50 mg.
Injections containing 2 ml of the active ingredient in the ampoule. Introduced intramuscularly.
Storage of the drug should be carried out according to the following principles:
- lack of high humidity in the place of saving,
- lack of access for children
- temperature not exceeding 25 degrees
- 5-year shelf life.
If in your recipe Atarax
The release form of this drug is white oblong tablets (25 mg) with a strip for breaking. The active substance, hydroxyzine hydrochloride, has an antidepressant, sedative, relaxing and anti-anxiety effect on the body.
Applying Atarax regularly, in accordance with the instructions, it is possible to achieve a stable favorable effect and restore the normal protective properties of the psyche.
What gets VSDshnik taking this drug?
- Eliminated muscle spasms, which incessantly tormented the patient, especially during the PA.
- Sleep quality is restored, it becomes easier to fall asleep.
- The body relaxes, the tone subsides.
- Disappears constant fatigue, there is a desire to work and do favorite things.
- The psyche becomes less susceptible to overwork.
- Anxiety and fears disappear.
- Trivia is not so annoying, but neuroses disappear.
- The brain works better, memory improves.
- Such unpleasant "nervous" symptoms as skin itching and twitching of the eyelids pass.
Temporary use of Atarax in the IRR without dosage violations will not disrupt the functioning of internal organs and systems. However, dystonics should abandon the drug if:
- there is an individual intolerance to the components of the tablets,
- the patient is pregnant or lactating,
- in the presence of glaucoma or myasthenia.
With existing kidney diseases, tablets can be taken, but the dosage should be halved.
As we can see, the drug has quite a few contraindications, but in any case, it is impossible to prescribe it yourself - all tranquilizers also have side effects.
What is dangerous Atarax?
The IRR is an affliction of the soul, and this means that the source of problems cannot be reached by medication. Yes, the drugs temporarily arrest the annoying symptoms of aggravated dystonia, but if you cancel the treatment, everything will return to its place - this truth is known to every VSD. And yet, a person needs to somehow live, do household chores, go to work and at least occasionally get enough sleep. No one will do it for us. Therefore, in some periods of life, medicines are urgently needed. And the treatment of the soul, as a rule, is constantly postponed until later.
Atarax helps with VSD at the stage of its aggravation, gives mental and physical strength to continue to live, but remember: timely access to an experienced therapist is sometimes the only chance to overcome dystonia. Moreover, any medications that change our mood and brain functions always have side effects. Even if the patient has no contraindications to taking the drug, the body's response may be unpredictable. Most often, side effects occur when violations of the indicated dosage or while taking Atarax with incompatible drugs and alcohol. These include:
- nausea and vomiting
- disturbances in the normal operation of the central nervous system, expressed in increased symptoms of the IRR,
- elevated temperature
- rapid pulse, arrhythmia and other abnormalities in the work of the heart, which are fraught with coma,
- dry mucous membranes,
- impaired stool
- painful urination
- severe headaches
- body chills,
- loss of coordination
- copious sweat
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure,
- lethargy and lethargy.
The described side effects are not considered deadly, but still calling an ambulance would be appropriate.
How to take the drug?
Atarax in IRR is taken as follows:
- Teenagers - the dose is calculated according to the scheme 2 mg / 1 kg of body weight per day.
- Adults - from 25 to 100 mg (depending on the severity of the condition) three times a day. In rare cases, the dose is increased to 250 mg.
- Elderly - from 10 to 50 mg per day regardless of the severity of symptoms.
The treatment regimen is prescribed only by the doctor after the examination of the patient's health. Self-medicating is dangerous. At the beginning of treatment, you should listen to your condition and all the warning symptoms to inform the doctor.
Whether Atarax will be effective for you is impossible to predict, but there are much more positive reviews from the drug than negative ones. This means that in a difficult period of life you can really rely on this medication, but it should not be forgotten: the problems hidden inside await speedy non-drug treatment.
Atarax with neurosis, insomnia, depression, VSD. My history.
Good afternoon, dear readers! I suffer from obsessive neurosis since adolescence. The first symptoms of neurosis began to manifest in me at the age of 12. I was overcome by the fear of pollution, contagion, the fear of forgetting or losing something, obsessive thoughts, rituals, and many other equally disturbing symptoms. With age, some of them have passed, but in strong stressful situations, neurosis always makes itself felt with a new force.
Exactly a year ago, I had a severe exacerbation amid overwork and stress. The treatment of neurosis with the help of a psychotherapist did not produce the desired results. Depression and insomnia have become my faithful companions. I wanted to forget, but I could not sleep properly. Even if I managed to get some sleep, the dream was shallow, I often woke up, and in the morning I felt like a ruin. I was constantly in a state of anxiety, I was disturbed by panic attacks.
It was decided to turn to the drug treatment of neurosis. I went to a neurologist. He appointed me Mexidol to improve cerebral circulation, because I still had symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia caused by osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine. The second point was Atarax to improve sleep and reduce anxiety.
According to the instructions of the doctor, Atarax could only be taken by gradually increasing the dosage. I should have come to my final dose in about a week. At first I had to take half a pill for several days. From this dosage of the drug "Atarax" I did not feel any effect.
I really wanted to sleep, and I decided to take a whole. That was my BIG MISTAKE. Have you ever heard the expression "cotton feet"? So, I was a wadded ALL WHOLE. The effect caught me in the middle of the street. I barely got home. It was hard even for me to hold my head. I did not want to sleep. There was some strange feeling of detachment from the outside world. Anxiety, too, did not go away. She was, but somehow existed separately from me. She was kind of behind glass.
When such an effect of the drug passed, I nevertheless returned to the instructions for use recommended by the doctor and did not violate it anymore. Gradually increasing the dosage, I still came to the whole pill. And this time everything was all right. I began to sleep better, anxiety decreased. Atarax tablets in combination with Mexidol injections helped to reduce the frequency of headaches and improve mood. Atarax can be recommended for insomnia, but for the treatment of obsessive neurosis the drug is not quite suitable.
Atarax has side effects. I experienced severe pain in my stomach and liver. Since at the time of taking Atarax I also took the contraceptive Jes Plus, I sin on poor compatibility with Atarax. Perhaps my stomach and liver simply could not cope with such simultaneous loads. These are just my assumptions, because I had no opportunity to consult with a doctor about this. After the abolition of "Atarax" pain gone.
Summarize. In general, my opinion about Atarax can be called positive. The drug coped with its task - helped to establish a dream. Partially reduces anxiety, but with neurosis is not effective enough. Reducing the level of depression occurs due to improved sleep, the other mechanisms, in my opinion, is not affected. The drug is a tranquilizer. It should not be taken as a normal sedative. Situationally, it does not help, and can only make it worse. Atarax can be taken only on prescription and only according to the established scheme. The most important drawback that made me stop taking, I consider the reaction from my digestive system.