Simple recipes for carrot puree for babies
A variety of lures will help to diversify the child’s menu up to the year. The main thing is to make sure that the dish is beneficial and pleasing to the baby. From vegetable dishes ideal carrot puree for babies. Mom just has to make a decision - to buy or make the dish itself. To do this, select the correct recipe, which will correspond to the age of the child.
What is stored in the vegetable: the benefits and harm for kids
Carrot lure is especially useful for children who have frequent constipation and other digestive problems. Root crop copes with the problem of low hemoglobin, and it can be offered to a child prone to excess weight.
- Vitamin A is necessary for the full growth of the body, improves vision, condition of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system and better absorption of iron, improves blood formation, fights against anemia.
- Magnesium and B vitamins soothe the nervous system, improve sleep.
- Potassium and dietary fiber remove bile and excess fluid from the body.
Different types of carrot dishes can affect the body in different ways. Juice or mashed potatoes have the property to fix the chair. Raw carrots can quickly cope with constipation. The combination of a vegetable with an apple normalizes the bowels.
Measures of caution: time of introduction of the product
Many factors affect the age at which you can cook and offer carrots: the type of feeding, the way your intestines work, and the time you start introducing other products.
All bright foods as the first complementary foods, including bright orange carrots, can cause an allergic reaction in infants. Therefore, it is not recommended to begin to introduce lures with this root crop. When are the months allowed to give carrots? You can add a root vegetable after the baby gets acquainted with other green vegetables (cabbage, zucchini).
When the child is 8-9 months old, you can try adding some juice to any liquid or puree from your favorite vegetable. If there is no reaction in the behavior and condition of the child, the dosage can be increased. Only after this is recommended to introduce mashed potatoes.
A baby who is bottle-fed is allowed to enter the product into the diet earlier (about 5 months).
In order not to harm the body of infants, it is important to know how many times it is allowed to give a dish with carrots. It is recommended to include in the diet no more than 2-3 times a week. Otherwise, bilirubin may increase.
Closer to the year, a raw vegetable can be offered, chopped with a grater. Kiss, fresh carrots, give the child to chew no earlier than 3 years.
Allergies to carrots may appear in the baby immediately, or after a few hours.
- The child becomes lethargic, apathetic.
- Nausea, vomiting, upset stool, and abdominal pain may occur.
- Carotene jaundice is another response to complementary foods. In this case, the eye proteins, some parts of the skin turn yellow due to the carotene accumulated in the body. As soon as the vegetable is excluded from the diet, the condition improves.
- A rash, hives, and even edema of the laryngeal mucosa may appear.
How much is allowed to give a vegetable for the first time? It is necessary to begin to enter a product from several drops, gradually increasing a dose. In the future, you can give about 200 g of the product.
Before you prepare your child a new product, you need to consult with your doctor. He will tell you how old you can be given, given the state of health.
Rules for the selection of mashed potatoes
It is better to buy ready mashed potatoes for the first feeding in glass jars, having carefully examined the product.
- The lid should not be swollen.
- Shelf life and storage conditions must comply with the standards.
- The composition should not be dyes, preservatives, salt and sugar.
- It is better to buy a product from a reputable manufacturer.
Store the product jar in a dark, dry place. When opening, a click should be heard. It is necessary to take a portion, and the rest put in the refrigerator. Before giving the child a dish, it is heated.
Delicious homemade dish: cooking options
It is better to prepare the dish using vegetables from your garden. If this is not possible, then when buying, you should carefully make a choice so that the carrot is fresh and of high quality.
Several important points that you need to know when you have to cook a vegetable at home.
- During cooking, the beneficial carotene is not destroyed. For the first feeding, it is recommended to boil or simmer the vegetable, as in this form it is better absorbed.
- For better absorption of carotene by the body, the vegetable is prepared with other products containing vegetable or animal fats.
- In dishes where there is a carrot, it is better to add vegetable oil or sour cream.
- The brighter the color of the root, the more vitamins it contains.
- Vegetable contains a lot of glucose, so there is no need to add sugar.
- It is necessary to mash a small child without adding salt and other spices.
Recipe for the first carrot mashed potatoes
Wash cleaned carrots, chop (you can use a grater). Cook in water until ready. Then fold on a sieve and knead. Add breast milk or mixture, bring to a boil.
The recipe for carrot cutlets with semolina for feeding children older than a year
Carrots (about 700 g) should be washed well, put in a pan with water and cook until ready. Chilled finished carrot peel and chop with a grater. In the resulting mass, pour half a glass of semolina, a little sugar and mix everything. After making small balls, roll in flour and place in a pan, greased with vegetable oil.
This recipe is suitable for cooking steamed patties. In this case, lure can be given earlier (about 10-11 months).
Mashed carrot and potato recipe
One potato and half carrots to wash, peel and cut into slices. Cook in water until ready. After that, chop the vegetables in a blender. You can add breast milk, a mixture or vegetable decoction and a few grains of salt.
The benefits of carrots are great, but only when there is no allergy. Meals with the addition of carrots can be prepared for children up to a year or older. There are many recipes for carrot puree, mother only needs to cook it. Do not forget to follow the reaction of the body of the baby.
Carrot, what kind of vegetable are you?
Carrots - very juicy, sweet, amazingly tasty vegetable. Grow it easy, you can cook in two accounts. Its alluring taste attracts both adults and children. Saturated color, brightness of taste, flavor - that makes children love this root from the first acquaintance.
Baby food should be varied and useful. Carrots - an excellent vegetable, which can diversify the children's diet. This carrot juice, and carrot patties, and casserole, and additive to the first dishes. But carrot puree for babies deserves special respect.
Finding a natural carrot is easy. On any bed, it grows without much difficulty. Therefore, choosing a product for mashed potatoes, pay attention to the quality of the root. Carrots with pieces of dried ground - a great option. If possible, vegetables brought from abroad should be excluded from the children's menu. They can be grown not in ecologically clean areas and contain nitrates, heavy metals.
What is rich in mashed carrots?
Carrots gained immense popularity in the children's menu due to its natural beneficial composition and the ability to exert a beneficial effect on the body. Before you decide on the introduction of new foods, be sure to appreciate all the pros and cons of the impact that the vegetable has on the children's digestive system.
Carrots have a high content of carotene, perhaps the highest when compared to other vegetables and fruits. Compared with it can only sea buckthorn. The amount of carotene in a vegetable is almost 80% of the total component composition. Provitamin A provides orange color to root vegetables. With daily consumption of carrots, the baby is not in danger of problems with the vigilance of the eyes.
- Carotene has the highest digestibility when in contact with natural fats (vegetable or animal). It is desirable that in the food from carrots oil is added - vegetable or creamy, - sour cream or cream. But provided that it allows children to age.
- During heat treatment, the carotene contained in the vegetable does not disappear and is not subject to destruction. It is for this purpose that nutritionists recommend children to eat carrots boiled or steamed. The process of digestion of the food product is much easier than in raw form. Increased temperature also contributes to the formation of a huge amount of antioxidants in the substance, which protect the infant from the effects of adverse factors.
- Carrots are a “naughty” vegetable, and each baby has its own degree of perception and compatibility. This root can be a provocateur for the appearance on the body of the baby allergic rashes. Be careful!
- The brighter and richer the color of the root, the richer its vitamin composition. Therefore, going to the market or to the store, purchase vegetables of bright color.
Carrots are enriched with vitamins, salts, microelements, pectin substances, fiber, glucose.
Fiber cares about the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, which is very important for infancy.
And glucose is a natural sugar, which is enough in carrots in order not to add an additional amount to food when creating sweets.
Due to the presence of potassium salts, carrot puree has a mild effect on the stomach and intestines, so it is worth cooking it for children with unformed digestive processes.
Culinary, nutritionists and pediatricians from around the world mark carrots as an indispensable ingredient in the daily diet.
Carrot puree: preparatory stage
The main component of carrot puree is carrot itself. To mash was tasty and useful, you should follow the rules and technology of preparation.
- Carrots are a root vegetable, therefore it is necessary to wash them with a greater share of responsibility. Wash the vegetable thoroughly under running water using a brush. If possible, it is necessary to pour the vegetable boiling water.
- If the carrot is not "young", it is desirable to peel.
- Carrots are not cooked quickly, so you need to monitor the level of boiling water and constantly add it until the vegetables are ready to eat.
- For chopping vegetables, it is better to use a blender.
- Carrot puree is a nourishing product. Cooking it in large quantities is not worth it, so there is no need to store in the refrigerator. Fresh food is both tastier and healthier. Do you agree?
- It doesn’t matter whether steamed mashed potatoes or boiled carrots are used. The value of the product is absolutely the same.
How many months to give mashed potatoes and what to look for?
All moms are worried about the same question: from what age can you enter vegetable puree?
- Nutritionists recommend injecting vegetable foods from 5-6 months. At this age, babies are already able to cope with the new food.
How much mashed potatoes should be given to babies?
- Babies should be given vegetable supplements gradually, starting with ½ teaspoonful, increasing the mass of mashed potatoes consumed with each feeding. The maximum amount of mashed carrots, which is able to digest the children's stomach and intestines, is 100 grams.
Where to get vegetables?
- If it is not possible to grow a root crop on your own, then, when purchasing a vegetable from the counter, do not forget to clean the carrot and be sure to cut the core. She is the center of the accumulation of harmful substances.
How to prepare a root vegetable for cooking?
- Carrots are best cleaned with a plastic knife and rubbed on a plastic grater. This is necessary to prevent the contact of the active substances contained in the vegetable with the metal from which the grater is made.
How to cook carrot puree?
The recipe is simple in cooking technology and optimal in the cost of ingredients used. Mashed potatoes prepared according to this recipe can be entered into the menu of the crumbs when it is 5–6 months old. The ideal age is 6 months. This is the time when the intestines are already formed and all the digestive processes of the baby are normal. But if the baby is 5 months old and he is not fed up with breast milk, pediatricians are allowed to begin to introduce complementary foods.
Recipe for mashed carrots with milk
- Pre-peeled carrots grate grated. The smaller the grater, the more uniform the carrot mass will be.
- Pour the mixture with boiling water. Stew carrot mass in a saucepan over low heat.
- When the product is ready, it is necessary to strain the mass through a colander. The water will drain and the carrots can be mashed by grinding with a blender or an ordinary fork.
- You can add a small amount of milk in the finished mashed potatoes. If you decide to add milk to carrot puree, then, by mixing the ingredients, you should bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the dish is ready, add quite a bit of vegetable oil.
Note to mom. Milk can be replaced with boiled water, carrot broth. You can cook carrot puree with the addition of apples. Give preference to green apples, so you eliminate the appearance on the body of the baby allergic rashes. The tandem of apple and carrot gives the dish a richer taste that the little one will certainly enjoy.
Carrot and Mashed Potatoes
The recipe for mashed potatoes and carrots suggests that this supplement can be introduced into the infant diet already from 5 months.
- Take half the average carrot and one whole potato.
- Wash, peel and chop the vegetables.
- Place the cubes or wedges in a saucepan.
- Pour boiling water into the pan so that the chopped vegetables are completely covered with liquid.
- It is necessary to boil the vegetables on low heat. At the same time, the pan should be covered with a lid.
- When the vegetable mixture has reached readiness, it is necessary to grind everything with a blender.
- To puree was not thick and easy to use crumbs, we recommend diluting it with either milk or vegetable broth to obtain the desired consistency.
- To taste, add vegetable oil and a few grains of salt.
- After adding the spices, it is still necessary to boil, in other words - slightly boil.
- The resulting delicacy is ready to eat.
Carrot puree and potatoes are very fond of babies.
How much love and warmth can a mother give with each portion of a self-made delicacy! As practice shows, everything that a mother does is always better than what the market offers. Making mashed potatoes with your own hands means giving a piece of yourself to the crumbs. Only the mother can make the dish useful and tasty.
When can be introduced in the children's diet carrots and 9 recipes of children's dishes
For your baby's well-being, it is important that the intestines work like a clock. Before you introduce a new product in the feed, it is important to understand: it is weak or strengthens. So, natural carrot juice and mashed potatoes are excellent “fixers”, but in combination with an apple this vegetable helps regulate digestion. In any case, it all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Caution: brightly colored!
Despite the fact that carrots contain a lot of nutrients and is a natural "healer", it’s not a good idea to begin your acquaintance with vegetable diversity. Like all brightly colored fruits, an orange beauty can cause an allergic reaction.
It is necessary to introduce carrot lure, but since how many months it is worth doing it is definitely difficult to answer. At the age of 6-7 months, on the recommendation of pediatricians, they begin vegetable supplements with white or green fruits, as the least dangerous in terms of allergy. When the children's body gets used to neutral tastes - zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower - you can move on to a more fragrant and bright product.
- In 8-9 months, add a few drops of carrot juice to breast milk, adapted mixture, or puree from another vegetable that is already familiar to your baby. Observe the reaction of the infant. If everything is good, you can regularly add carrot juice to the menu, and then puree (but no more than 2-3 times a week).
- After 12-15 months, the baby can be offered raw carrots, grated on a fine grater, or carrot salad.
- In 3-4 years. But gnaw a fresh, whole carrot, let the child be 3-4 years old when you are sure that he will not choke with it.
Be attentive to the little consumer. Allergies to carrots in a child is easy to detect. If, after a small portion of carrot puree or juice, a baby is observed to have lethargy, drowsiness, nausea or vomiting, it is necessary to exclude the root crop from the complementary food. Another effect of the carrot diet is carotene jaundice. With the constant use of carrot puree or juice in the body accumulates carotene. Baby "turns yellow" - the palms, soles, skin and sclera of the baby acquire a yellowish carrot shade. One has only to exclude the "coloring" vegetable from the diet, and after a while the child returns its natural color.
In Germany, pediatricians advise parents to use carrots instead of cabbage or zucchini as the first vegetable complementary food. Специалисты считают, что польза от употребления этого витаминного корнеплода больше, чем потенциальный риск развития аллергии.
Сколько вешать в граммах?
Когда вы вводите в меню малыша новый продукт, возникает вопрос: сколько давать и как часто, чтобы не навредить? Прежде всего посоветуйтесь с педиатром, который знает о возможных генетических предрасположенностях ребенка. If parents are allergic, this baby will most likely have this feature. It is better to start with a couple of drops of carrot juice, added to breast milk or already mashed potatoes. If the body of the baby did not express dissatisfaction in the form of an allergic reaction, you can gently continue - 0.5 tsp, then gradually increase the portions, bringing to 50-100 grams at a time. And be sure to continue to watch the crumbs.
Puree industrial, store
When buying jars of baby food in the store, carefully consider the packaging:
- Has the expiration date expired?
- Is the lid on the packaging with mashed potatoes swollen?
- Are there any preservatives, salt, sugar?
Closed packaging can be stored at home in a dark place, at room temperature or in a refrigerator. When opening the jar, you should hear the clap, which indicates that the tightness is not broken. The first portions of prikorma are minimal, the baby will not master the whole jar. Therefore, opening the packaging, put a single portion in another dish, tightly close the jar with a lid and put in the refrigerator. Before giving mashed potatoes to the child, heat it in a water bath to a temperature of 36-37 degrees.
Cauliflower and carrot vegetable puree
- It will take 1 carrot, 150 g of cauliflower, 1.5 cups of water, 1 tsp. sunflower, olive or corn oil, salt.
- Root vegetables should be my, using a brush, clean, cut in small pieces and put in a pot of boiling water.
- After 10 minutes, add the washed, disassembled cabbage into florets. Cook another 5-7 minutes.
- Cool, blend with a blender or wipe through a sieve.
- Add vegetable oil to the puree and slightly add. Since the baby is not addicted to salty food, you can completely do without salt. Puree will be even more useful.
- Carefully washed carrots clean, scalded with boiling water.
- Grind on a fine grater and, using sterile gauze, folded in several layers, squeeze the juice by hand. You can use the juicer. True, metal elements are oxidized, part of the carrot use is lost.
- Ready juice, before giving the baby, you need to dilute with water. In the refrigerator to store no more than a day.
- To prepare carrot cutlets for children, we take 700 g of carrots, 0.5 st. semolina, 2 tsp. sugar, salt to taste, for frying - vegetable oil. Carefully washed carrots put in a saucepan and pour water.
- We add a little bit, although it is quite possible to do without it.
- Cook on low heat. Readiness check with a knife or fork. To vegetable lost less nutrients, you can boil it for a couple.
- Cool the boiled carrots, remove the peel, grind grated.
- Add half semolina, sugar, mix.
- We form cutlets from the resulting carrot "minced", paniruka in semolina.
- Put them on a preheated pan with vegetable oil, fry until readiness on both sides.
- To make the dish more healthy and healthy, we manage without frying. The recipe is identical to the previous one, with the exception of the end point - in this case, place the cutlets in a steamer bowl and cook until ready.
- As a "gravy" are suitable jam or sour cream.
- We take 2 carrots, 2 apples, 7-8 dried apricots, 20 g of butter, 150 ml of milk, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons of semolina.
- Carefully wash the apples and carrots, clean and rub on a fine grater.
- Dried apricots, steamed in water, then finely cut.
- Heat the milk, add the grated mass and dried apricots.
- We put for a few minutes on a small fire.
- As soon as the mass becomes soft, gradually pour the semolina and, stirring, add the butter.
- Let cool, break an egg into a minced meat, mix and form.
- Put burgers on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and send them to a preheated oven. At a temperature of 180 degrees bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Served with sour cream or yogurt.
- Cooking carrot cutlets in a multicooker allows you to keep a maximum of nutrients, and the output is a tasty dish, the soft texture of which will suit kids up to a year.
- Take one carrot, 2 tbsp. spoons of semolina, half an egg, 120 ml of milk.
- Washed and peeled carrots three on a fine grater, lay in the bowl of the multicooker and pour with milk so that it covers the mass.
- Stew for 15 minutes.
- When the carrots are soft, add semolina and continue to stir. The mass should be very thick.
- Put it in a deep cup, add a spoonful of strawberry jam, mix and cool slightly. Add half an egg, mix thoroughly.
- We make cutlets from minced meat and send them to a greased steaming bowl. For 15 minutes, turn on the mode "cooking for a couple." Served with milk, kefir or sour cream.
We prepare for the future
- To cook carrot puree for the winter, we need 1.5 kilograms of root vegetables.
- Carefully wash, cut off the top with the remnants of the tops, clean, trying not to cut off the excess - the top orange layer is most useful and rich in valuable substances.
- Cut into cubes or cubes, fill with water and cook for about half an hour.
- While the carrot reaches the desired condition, prepare the jars: wash, sterilize.
- Carefully wash the covers, put gum into them and throw for 10-15 minutes in boiling water.
- We turn carrots cooked to readiness into a uniform mashed potatoes - wipe through a sieve or grind with a blender or food processor.
- Fold in prepared dry jars, cover with lids and roll with a key.
- Store in a dark cool place.
Carrot puree for babies - a useful and nutritious delicacy. Delight your baby with new tasty and healthy dishes, not forgetting to closely monitor his mood and well-being.
Support the project - share the link, thanks!
From what age to introduce carrots in baby feeding and how: recipes for cooking carrot puree and juice for a child
Kids love to taste the sweet and juicy carrots. In addition to excellent taste, this vegetable includes beta-carotene, which is necessary for visual acuity, the formation of immunity, the normal state of the skin and mucous membranes. Vitamin C in the root helps to absorb iron, potassium is responsible for the development of muscles and the normal functioning of the heart.
The timing and variation of carrot foods depends on the characteristics of the baby’s body - it is important that he is not disturbed by colic and the bowels work well. In case of minor disorders, natural “fixers” - mashed potatoes and carrot juice will help to adjust the chair. In tandem with an apple, an orange root vegetable is good to eat with a tendency to constipation.
Carrots in combination with an apple will help relieve the baby from constipation, and the mono-product on the contrary has a “holding” action
When to enter into the diet of the baby carrots?
Young mothers are interested in how and at what age a carrot should be introduced into the baby’s diet. Starting the first lure with orange and red vegetables should not be, because they can cause an allergic reaction in the baby. At 6-8 months, the baby can try zucchini, cauliflower, potatoes. These vegetables are hypoallergenic, good in monopure and any combination with each other. After the child gets used to their taste, it is necessary to begin the introduction of carrots.
It is necessary to give an orange vegetable to a baby when he is healthy and there are no plans to vaccinate him soon. In 8-9 months, you should add a few drops of fresh carrot juice in a bottle with the mixture, porridge, breast milk. If there is no negative reaction, you can slowly enter the root vegetable in the everyday menu.
How much juice does the baby need? First - half a teaspoon, then - a whole, by the age - up to 100 grams in 1 reception.
A child after a year can offer fresh grated carrots or a salad from it. In 2-3 years old baby should be given halves of rings of thinly chopped carrots. They will help develop chewing skills, move on to solid food. The whole root crop of the baby will master in 3-4 years. Previously, it should not be given, as the baby can choke. In the diet of baby carrot dishes may be present 2-3 times a week.
A child after a year is happy to eat a salad of grated carrots
Symptoms of a negative reaction to carrots
German pediatricians advise young mothers to start the first vegetable food with carrots. They believe that the benefits of root vegetables are much greater than the risk of negative reactions. Before following this and other tips, parents should eliminate the risk of hereditary food allergies, and consult with their doctor.
During the first feeding, it is important for mother to closely monitor the health of the little eater. On the negative reaction to the root can indicate lethargy, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting after feeding. With frequent use of vegetable skin and whites of the eyes can become yellowish. In rare cases, there is a urticaria and even edema of the laryngeal mucosa. After eliminating the root from the diet everything is normalized.
How to give your baby carrot juice?
Previously, pediatricians were allowed to enter carrot and apple juices as early as 2 months. In recent years, priority is given to breastfeeding and the time of introduction of juice into the diet is delayed up to 4-5 months (for children on artificial feeding). When a baby eats only breast milk, it is allowed to try vegetable and fruit juices even later - at 8-9 months.
Vegetable juices are introduced into the child’s diet later when the body gets used to mashed potatoes.
Fresh juice allows you to adjust the chair, they grease the baby's mouth with thrush. A drink without pulp is offered to the child with a spoon or bottle, diluting it with water. For the first time enough half a teaspoon. By the year you need to bring the volume to 100 ml, offering juice from a non-sprinkling cup.
Lure start with one-component juice. In the future, it is mixed with apple, pumpkin, orange juice to enhance immunity. Children from one year old are allowed to try freshly squeezed carrot drink with pulp. For the absorption of vitamins in it add a small amount of fat (cream, sour cream, yogurt).
Carrot Juice Recipe
Ripe carrots from the garden to clean, scald with boiling water. Grind on a fine grater made of plastic or stainless steel. Squeeze the juice with clean hands using sterile gauze. You can use the juicer, but some of the vitamins will be lost due to the contact of the vegetable with the metal elements. Ready juice before serving the child should be diluted with water. Leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator for no more than a day.
Homemade mashed potatoes recipe
Proper preparation of dishes will allow to extract the maximum benefit from the root. As a complementary food for lunch, babies can be offered tender carrot puree. To cook it at home, you will need:
- 100 gr. good carrot.
- 3 gr. vegetable oil.
- 25 ml. milk (water, vegetable decoction).
- Clean enamelware.
Root crop should be cleaned, washed, cut into neat cubes or grated. Pour chopped vegetables with water, simmer until cooked over low heat. Remove and fold in a colander, cool slightly. After grinding with a blender or rub through a sieve. Add warm milk, a few salt crystals (optional) and bring to a boil. Pour in vegetable oil, stir and cool.
For feeding, it is important to select fresh, young root vegetables of medium size, grown on their own plots or purchased from local farmers. Unlike overseas vegetables, there is no harmful "chemistry" in them. If the roots are not grown in their area, during the preparation of the core is better to remove. It may contain pesticides, salts of heavy metals and other harmful substances.
Recipe for vegetable puree from carrots and cauliflower
It is not necessary to constantly offer your baby carrot puree. Orange root is good to add to vegetable and fruit platter, helping your baby to learn new tastes. He will make dishes bright, will allow to diversify the menu. All year round moms can be mashed with carrots and cauliflower, which should be frozen for the winter.
For making mashed potatoes, 1 carrot, 150 grams of cauliflower, a little salt, 1.5 glasses of water, 1 tsp of vegetable oil are needed. Prepare a dish of these components according to this recipe:
- root crop is cleaned, cut into pieces, sent to the pot with boiling water,
- after 10 minutes add cabbage blossoms,
- vegetables cook 7 more minutes,
- removed from the stove, reclined in a colander, cooled,
- rub through a sieve or grind with a blender,
- add and add vegetable oil, mix,
- served in a platter or sundae.
It is not necessary to buy or prepare mashed potatoes in the form of a mono-product, because you can mix the tastes that combine with each other.
Infants aged 8-10 months, it is desirable to prepare mashed potatoes without salt, so that it has a natural taste and is as useful as possible. Similarly, you can make carrot puree with the addition of potatoes, pumpkins, apples and pears. Meals diversify the baby’s diet, introduce them to new tastes, and benefit digestion.
Classic children's carrot patties
Light carrot cutlets are a great addition to lunch and dinner. They are easy to do in a double boiler, in a frying pan and in a slow cooker, served to babies after 10 months. If the dish is cooked in a pan, you need to ensure that the meatballs do not overcook.
For the preparation of classic cutlets you will need 700 grams of carrots, ½ cup of semolina, salt to taste, 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar and vegetable oil. Preparation takes several steps:
- Thoroughly washed orange root crop pour water and put to boil. After boiling can be slightly salt.
- Check the readiness with a fork after 10-15 minutes. To root retain more nutrients, it should be boiled for a couple or baked in the oven.
- Cool the finished carrots, peel, chop on a grater. Add sugar, half the semolina, mix thoroughly.
- From the obtained mince to form patties, roll in the remaining semolina. Heat the pan, add the vegetable oil.
- Put the patties and fry in hot oil from 2 sides until cooked. Serve in a beautiful dish.
Carrot chops will do more good if steamed. Minced make the classic way, but for heat treatment using a bowl of a double boiler. Serve steam patties with sour cream or jam sauce. They are soft and tender.
Cutlets in a multivariate
Preparing carrot patties in a slow cooker, mom will simplify her task and retain maximum benefit from root vegetables. The dish will be appetizing and light, suitable for babies up to one year old. You will need 1 carrot, half raw egg, 2 tablespoons of semolina, 120 ml. milk Cooking cutlets goes like this:
- fresh root rubbed on a small plastic grater, spread in a bowl of the slow cooker,
- completely poured with milk or carrot broth, turn on the mode "Quenching" for 15 minutes,
- add semolina, mix until thick,
- minced meat spread in a deep bowl, add half an egg, a spoonful of strawberry jam (optional), mix thoroughly,
- form the burgers, gain on the thickened for steaming greased with vegetable oil,
- cook in steaming mode for 15 minutes,
- served with milk or sour cream.
Preparations for the future
In the period of infections, the mother does not want to run once more with the baby to the store for carrots or ready-made baby food. Home billets will help out, which should be rolled up in early autumn. With proper preparation, they will retain all the useful vitamins and trace elements of the baby.
For the preparation of mashed carrots will need 1.5 kg of medium-sized root crops. They are thoroughly washed and cleaned, trying to minimize the micronutrient-rich upper layer. Cut into cubes, pour water, bring to a boil. Salted and boiled for half an hour on low heat. At the time when the carrot is cooked, the jars are washed and sterilized, the lids are boiled.
Harvested mashed potatoes for the future will allow even in winter to give the baby vitamin supplements.
Boiled root vegetables slightly cooled and crushed in a mashed potatoes through a sieve, using a blender or food processor. The warm mass is placed in jars, covered with lids with a key. Turn and wrap. Cooled banks are signed and stored in a dark cool place.
Before offering puree to the baby, the mother should warm it up to 36 degrees and be sure to try and evaluate the taste. It is necessary to store home preparations until the next harvest of carrots (not more than a year). It is important to calculate how many jars to make.
How to choose a ready-made mashed potatoes?
An alternative to homemade vegetable puree are cute jars from the store. Choosing big and mom should pay attention to such criteria as the final date of use, the composition of the product and the condition of the cover on the package. If the expiration date is running out or the lid is swollen, mash should not be acquired. In the composition of the product for infants should not be salt, sugar, chemical preservatives.
Purchased food should be stored in a dark cool place or on the side shelves of the refrigerator. When opening the jar, cotton should be heard, indicating a breach of tightness. Open product should be used within 24 hours.
Поскольку грудной малыш не осилит всю баночку, доедать придется взрослым. Перед тем как предложить пюре малышу, следует отобрать необходимое количество в тарелочку и подогреть ее на водяной бане до 36 градусов.
Маме на заметку
Выбор оптимального варианта овощного прикорма зависит от возраста и особенностей организма малыша. С ним не следует затягивать если у грудничка низкий гемоглобин, колики и запоры. Gentle monopure and juices over time, you can add, add mashed pumpkin and apples. Gradually, the list of children's dishes based on the root will be expanded. A kid in one and a half years will enjoy sweet cookies with carrots and oatmeal, fragrant casseroles.
Carrots retain useful properties in any method of preparation. It is important for mom to understand what the baby and his tummy likes most about it - this will help her regularly indulge her crumbs with light meals and drinks.
Attention! All information on this site is provided for reference purposes only and is for informational purposes only. For all questions of diagnosis and treatment of diseases, you should consult a doctor for in-person consultation.
Copying materials from the site without the written permission of the project administration and the active link to http://vseprorebenka.ru prohibited.
© «All about the child», 2016 - 2017
Carrot puree for baby
Carrots are far from being an exotic product, but few know that it should be cooked carefully. Especially if you're going to make carrot puree for babies.
As they say, there is nothing better than vegetables grown in their own garden. But if there are no beds, and you buy vegetables in the store, make sure you do not just clean the carrots, but cut the core or “trunk” out of it. It is there that all sorts of nitrates usually accumulate. To clean the carrots, and any other product is best with a plastic knife and rub on a plastic grater.
After cleaning, the carrot should be put in cold water for two hours. And only then can it be boiled. When cooked carrots, it must be ceiling or pass through a strainer. The alternative is a blender or mixer. In the resulting puree, you can add breast milk.
Carrot - a product of a rare property. When cooking (in water or steamed), it not only does not lose its properties, its useful properties are enhanced. If someone does not know, carrots contain a large amount of beta carotene, which is necessary for the skin, eyes, and most importantly - the human immune system. Therefore, carrot puree for babies is so useful and necessary.
The recipe is written specifically for the site Children's recipes.
In the Same Series:
It's no secret that overweight is the scourge of the 21st century. But few mommies think about overweight in babies. BUT.
You will need such products: Purified water - about two cups Carrots - 1 pc. Cauliflower - grams 150 Sunflower oil - a teaspoon of salt - is not recommended, but you can on.
Products: Corn grits - 3 tbsp. Water - 200 ml. Milk - 100 ml. A piece of butter. If you are determined to diversify the diet of your children, you can safely adopt.