Severe pain during menstruation what to do
During menstruation, which, according to normal indicators, should last from three to five days, a woman experiences hormonal surges, her mood often changes for no particular reason, she quickly gets tired, feels unwell. All the above factors are considered natural and do not go beyond the concept of the norm. But, unfortunately, many of the fair sex during menstruation experience severe pain in the abdomen. They are so intense that the lady becomes disabled and is forced by handfuls to take painkillers. First of all, it is important to understand that pain in itself, even insignificant - this is the cry of our body for help, and strong pain is a sign of pathology that can be caused by various diseases and hormonal disorders. Most women delay a visit to the doctor, and endure the nagging pain during menstruation. But this is absolutely impossible to do, since serious diseases can develop in the body.
What pains occur during menstruation and what they indicate
Menstruation is a natural process during which the vital products of the reproductive system are brought out of the body along with blood. Nerve pains are involved in its implementation, so minor pulling pains that occur on the first day are considered a natural phenomenon and should not cause alarm. But, if they are so strong that the girl is forced to take painkillers, then these are already obvious symptoms of serious violations in the female reproductive system.
As a rule, the first sign of pain appears a few hours before the onset of menstruation. Its duration is individual, from a couple of hours to several days.
There are several types of pain during menstruation:
Localization is the lower abdomen, the sacrum and the loin are often affected.
According to severity, nature and localization in medicine, menstrual pains are divided:
- slightly pronounced, in which there is no particular discomfort, a woman may experience mild malaise, drowsiness and fatigue. This condition is observed in most women, besides a quarter of the fair sex of the entire planet experience it throughout their lives. This form of dysmenorrhea appears, as a rule, in the first menstrual cycle. If the pain does not increase and there are no other unpleasant symptoms, then there is no cause for concern,
- the next in severity of pain during menstruation is algomenorrhea. A woman in a period of critical days experiences chills, severe pain in the lower abdomen, darkening of the eyes, tinnitus, and even fainting may be present. This condition is not complete without taking pain pills,
- when algomenorrhea is also accompanied by arrhythmia, heart pain, vomiting, then in this case we are talking about severe dysmenorrhea. In this condition, it is rather difficult to cope with pain during menstruation with analgesics. A woman needs immediate help from a doctor who, on the basis of a diagnostic examination, will decide what to do next and what treatment tactics should be chosen.
The reasons why pain occurs during menstruation can be varied. Among them, the leading positions are occupied by hormonal disruptions, gynecological pathologies, trauma to the genital organs.
The main causes of painful menstruation
To give an exact answer to the question: “Why does the stomach ache during menstruation and what to do in this case?”, Can only give a doctor. After all, the reasons may be different. Very severe pain is characteristic when the uterus is improperly positioned, with adhesions and scars, which are formed on the reproductive organ after abortions, as well as with a low threshold of pain sensitivity.
In addition, a large role in this case plays and:
- lack of magnesium and calcium,
- passive lifestyle,
- use of intrauterine device,
- myoma of the uterus,
- inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- polyps, cysts in the uterus and other ailments.
As you can see, the reasons why there are pulling and cramping painful manifestations during critical days are quite numerous. Therefore, in case of severe pain, in addition to the use of pain pills, it is necessary to take much more serious measures.
How to establish the causes and what to do
Why the stomach hurts during menstruation can be found out only after a comprehensive examination. First of all, the gynecologist should examine the woman on the chair, study the history and symptoms. In the future, you may need to conduct an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, a blood test for hormones, a cytological analysis, sometimes hysteroscopy and laparoscopic examination of the abdominal organs are sometimes required.
If necessary, the doctor sends the patient for consultation to narrow specialists; this is most often an endocrinologist, a surgeon, a psychiatrist.
After it was found out why there is a very strong pain, the appropriate treatment is selected.
When nagging pains are a concomitant symptom of pathological conditions of the reproductive system, for example, tumors, adhesions, and so on, surgical intervention is used.
With the help of medications, they normalize hormonal background, relieve inflammatory processes. In the treatment of dysmenorrhea, progestogens, oral contraceptives, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are actively used. The latter are recommended to be applied the day before menstruation and on the first day during them (Ketaprofen, Diclofenac, Nimesil, etc.). If the pain is very severe, then antispasmodics, tranquilizers, and antioxidants are additionally prescribed.
Strong pronounced pain, especially on the first day, in addition to painkillers, also require vitamin complexes. You can also seek help from herbal remedies and homeopathic remedies.
In addition to medicines, adherence to certain rules helps to cope with menstrual pain very well. These include:
- good rest and sleep,
- refusal from heavy physical exertion
- avoid stressful situations
- healthy balanced diet
- weight normalization
- playing sports.
Helps to conquer pain and significantly reduce its manifestations of breathing exercises, manual therapy, massage, electrophoresis and other methods.
Do not ignore the traditional methods of treatment. Of course, it is necessary to resort to these means only after consultation with the doctor and together with other traditional methods.
Types of pain
Severe pain during menstruation are:
- Primary, not associated with pathologies and diseases. They manifest in girls during puberty, and continue until the menstrual cycle is fully normalized.
- Secondary, acquired due to pathological changes in the genitals and some diseases. Pathology is observed more often in women after 30 years accompanied by excessive sweating, headache, vascular dysfunction, arrhythmia, tachycardia. With age, painful periods can become permanent, the reasons for this vary.
Other types of menstrual pain with the advent of menstruation include:
- colic in the abdominal cavity due to increased production of female sex hormones, an increase in glandular tissue in volume,
- pain, burning in the chest,
- low back pain as a common phenomenon, although it may be caused by an inflammatory course in the genitourinary system,
- feeling of overstressing in the pelvic area in violation of water-salt balance,
- increased uterine contractions due to hormonal imbalance,
- compaction, engorgement, breast augmentation,
- the appearance of swelling in violation of the outflow of blood.
On a note! To get rid of backache, lower back pain, it is enough to take an antispasmodic, a comfortable posture and apply heat (heating pad). To get rid of pain in the nipples with the advent of menstruation, you can take a contrast shower, making a relaxing massage with circular movements of the palms.
Causes of pain during menstruation
Most often provokes pain during menstruation increased production of the hormone progesterone. It is a non-hazardous phenomenon when the glandular tissue increases in volume. The main thing is to take timely measures to facilitate well-being.
The main cause of pain during the regulation in adolescent girls is a primary algomenorrhea or condition, the duration of which can reach 3 years, until the menstrual cycle returns to normal. In girls, it is additionally noted:
- emotional imbalance
- increased levels of adrenaline, dopamine, norepinephrine in the blood,
- failure in the system responsible for the production of hormones,
- heart palpitations
- spasms of small vessels of the upper and lower extremities,
- cyanosis on the skin,
- blanching of the face and body
Other causes of pain during menstruation in girls:
- underdevelopment of the uterus,
- cavity bend back and forth
- abnormal development of the uterine cavity, leading to difficulty in the outflow of blood with the advent of regul.
With congenital abnormalities in the structure of the uterus and fallopian tubes in the cerebrospinal fluid there is an increased level of serotonin. Girls suffer from low body temperature, gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhea, swelling of the face, allergies.
The cause of pain in women with regulatives after 30 years is secondary algomenorrhea. It occurs with moderate (severe) severity, often leads to aggravating symptoms:
- profusion of menstruation,
- reduced performance
- numbness of hands
- heart palpitations
- sore joints
- itching on the skin
- nausea, vomiting,
- distortion of taste
- unmotivated weakness
- lower abdominal pain,
In women with diabetes, endocrine disorders are observed, and with the approach of menopause, a depressive state, an unstable psycho-emotional background, pain in the uterus during sexual intercourse.
IMPORTANT! Such signs can not be ignored, regardless of the root cause, which led to painful menstruation. It is necessary to immediately visit the gynecologist, to pass the proposed examination.
The causes of secondary algomenorrhea can be severe pathological. May cause:
- infectious and inflammatory course in the genitals, appendages,
- adhesions in the pelvis,
- polypous neoplasm
- malignant, benign tumor in the uterus,
- varicose veins in the peritoneal cavity,
- lack of progesterone, blood calcium,
- endometriosis of the pelvis,
- ovarian cyst,
- Uterus bend,
- pelvic neuritis.
Painful menstruation can result from:
- medical abortion,
- prolonged use of intrauterine contraception,
- non-compliance with personal hygiene,
- the introduction of infection
- complicated labor
- cesarean section
- thyroid dysfunction,
- hormonal imbalance that led to cycle disruption,
- decreased libido,
- hereditary predisposition
- laparoscopy, abdominal surgery on the uterine appendages,
- scarring of the cervix, the formation of adhesions,
- frequent stress
- mental fatigue.
On a note! Minor pain with the arrival of monthly days is considered normal. So, the uterus is activated, it begins to contract hard, pushing out the detached particles of the mucous membrane. It also acts hormone-like prostaglandin, leading to pain, the degree of manifestation of which directly depends on the concentration of this hormone in the blood.
When do I need to drink pills?
Medical treatment with the arrival of painful periods - an extreme measure. Do not drink pills thoughtlessly. This can be addictive, with additional side effects.
If the pain during menstruation is slightly worried, then it is enough to take an antispasmodic, 1 tablet No-shpy, Spasmalgona, Analgin to relieve the spasm. It is better to refuse potent drugs (Ketanov, Aspirin). Do not neglect the dosages when taking painkillers. It is recommended to drink 1 pill first, wait a little time. If relief does not follow, then you can take another 1 pill.
On a note! It is not enough to wash down the remedies for menstrual pain with 1-2 sips of water. To make you feel better, to quickly dissolve the tablet form of the drug, you need to drink at least 1 cup of liquid.
If the drugs fail to relieve pain on critical days, then you can take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, pain reliever (Dicycloverin, Drotaverine, Spasmalgon). In severe cases, it is permissible to drink Nimesulide, Ibuprofen. Not bad help with the manifestations of dysmenorrhea hormonal contraceptives. However, the treatment must be carried out under the supervision of specialists, since even a minor intervention in the hormonal background can result in serious disorders of the reproductive system.
IMPORTANT! If only pains increase during menstruation, what to do when they do not stop for 3-4 days in a row? It is better to seek emergency medical attention. Also should be alerted by the discharge of large blood clots with an unpleasant smell, increased discharge on the 2nd day of menstruation with the appearance of severe pain in the lower abdomen, fever, burning, itching when urinating.
As an alternative, in the absence of the effect of taking painkillers, you can use:
- low-dose hormonal drugs that can reduce the production of prostaglandin,
- plant phytoestrogens to normalize hormonal levels,
- non-hormonal homeopathic medicines (Analgin), leading to the settlement of the menstrual cycle, minimizing painful symptoms, improving general well-being and the state of the nervous system,
- derivatives of testosterone (progesterone) to reduce the contractile activity of the uterus, suppress the production of prostaglandin,
- progestin with the aim of influencing the endometrial secretory function, eliminating the excitability of nerve fibers with localization in the muscle layers of the uterus,
- non-steroids used when women are unwilling to use oral contraceptives,
- NSAIDs (Mig, Nimesil, Diclofenaek, Ketoprofen) as painkillers for normalizing the menstrual cycle,
- oral contraceptives to reduce blood loss with the advent of menstruation, suppression of the ovulation process, contractile activity of the uterus and nervous overexcitation.
Exercises for painful menstruation
Exercise is recommended for women with painful periods to maintain the muscles of the uterus in good shape. Of course, there is no need to exercise hard. It is enough to choose an acceptable light sport and pay attention to it for 15-20 minutes daily.
It is appropriate to simply walk more quickly in order to normalize general well-being with the arrival of menstruation, yoga can become useful, taking comfortable statistical positions with the body staying at rest, without sudden movements. This does not involve the necessary muscles, but it increases stamina and the level of physical fitness, puts in order the abdominal muscles, peritoneum, pelvic floor.
It is useful to master the technique of respiratory gymnastics, contributing to the relaxation of the pelvic muscles, the removal of a spasm in the uterus, the relief of painful contractions. It is recommended to combine breathing exercises with regular physical exercises in order to direct the actions to loosen the muscles of the uterus, minimizing menstrual pain.
Herbal medicine for painful menstruation
Herbal teas, infusions of valerian, motherwort, chamomile, clove, cinnamon, raspberry, oregano, boron womb, nettle, lemon balm with phytoestrogen content will help to relieve pain during menstruation. Here are some good recipes:
- raspberry leaves (2 teaspoons) pour boiling water (1 cup), insist 0.5 hours, take in small sips throughout the day,
- ordinary oregano, cook infusion: 1 tbsp. l pour boiling water, insist 0.5 hours, strain, take sips throughout the day,
- chamomile flowers + lemon balm (leaves), prepare a fee: 1 tbsp. l Pour boiling water, insist 40 minutes, strain, take in a warm form throughout the day.
Herbal infusions are quite effective, have no side effects and are pleasant to the taste. It is useful to brew dry raspberry leaves, mint, chamomile, lemon balm and drink as tea.
REFERENCE! Painful periods should not be confused with PMS, which may coincide with the advent of menorrhagia. Also, abnormal uterine bleeding can be caused by fibroids in the uterus.
Other ways to deal with pain
It is not true when it is said that the heat applied to the abdomen during painful menstruation increases the bleeding. Of course, it is not recommended to apply a completely hot water bottle. But the heat for 10-15 minutes is quite appropriate to eliminate the pain.
On a note! You can not take a hot bath on critical days, so as not to provoke the development of diseases. It is also prohibited to ice, applying too cold compresses to the stomach in order to avoid the development of inflammation, hypothermia of the ovaries.
To minimize pain, massage the painful areas in the lumbar region by rolling a ball (tennis) will help.You can lay your back on it or manually stretch the lower abdomen, without pressing with all force to avoid exacerbating the problem.
Helps with pains before menstruation acupressure by pressing on the functional active points of the body to facilitate well-being. You can use the following techniques:
- Press on the tailbone with 2 fingers. Click on the point for 40 seconds, after the break, to manipulate again.
- Take a sitting position, bend your knees, pull up to the stomach. To grope on both legs sensitive points near the calf muscles. Press the thumbs a little above the ankles on the points for 1 minute, then - release, wait 30 seconds, repeat the manipulation again.
Essential oils (aran, nutmeg, sage, yarrow, St. John's wort) help by rubbing into the sacrum, lower abdomen 2-3 days before menstruation and in the first days. It is useful to do swimming, which will contribute to the release of endorphin (natural analgesic), muscle slackening.
IMPORTANT! When painful menstruation can not take alcohol, which will only lead to increased bleeding.
Opinion of doctors
Menstruation is a normal natural physiological phenomenon in the life of every woman. To eliminate pain, it is important to identify provoking causes.
Doctors do not recommend to endure pain, in particular, to regularly take analgesics, NSAIDs, addictive painkillers. Girls with primary amenorrhea are recommended:
- pass a full examination
- be tested for hormonal status,
- undergo ultrasound of the pelvic organs,
- consult a psychotherapist, an osteopath, a neurologist.
Women with secondary algomenorrhea should undergo laparoscopy, ultrasound, diagnostic curettage. In everyday life, it is desirable to keep a diary, track the amount of discharge, the duration of the menstrual cycle, the severity of pain, the presence of other unpleasant symptoms. Useful:
- Sign up for auto-training,
- normalize, vitaminize diet, including magnesium B6, Nycomed Calcium D3, Neuromultivitis,
- hold one-day fasting on the eve of menstruation,
- avoid stress
- do yoga
- do regular sports,
- unborn girls use the intrauterine device as a contraceptive.
If an inflammatory process in the body is suspected, it is worth the while doctors see it.
To prevent painful menstruation, women are recommended:
- to refuse from bad habits,
- drink more fluid
- normalize food with the exception of strong coffee, fatty, salty and spicy dishes from the diet,
- to have a regular sex life (2-3 times a week).
If the pain during menstruation has become long-lasting, spasmodic and painful, has led to nervousness, irritability, other unpleasant sensations in the chest, has disturbed the usual way of life, then the doctors say that such manifestations cannot be ignored. It is necessary to be treated, to pass tests, to undergo an ultrasound examination and examination by highly specialized doctors.
The main thing is to timely identify the true causes of painful menstrual bleeding, so that the treatment becomes the most effective.
Menstruation in the common people or menstruation in a medical manner is a process in the female body, as a result of which the mucous membrane of the uterus is rejected. As a result, bloody discharge occurs.
During this period, the muscles of the walls of the uterus are greatly reduced, there is a vasospasm. Fabrics lose the ability to fully eat, for this reason, there is severe pain during menstruation.
In the absence of conception, tissues do not have the ability to perform the intended function, and therefore are pushed out by the uterus. The muscles of the body contract, the neck opens. Therefore, pain during menstruation, the nature of which is moderate, is quite natural.
Severe pain may indicate problems in the female body. Do not tolerate them, you must consult a doctor. And if you are worried about the intolerable pain during menstruation, what to take, is also appointed only by a gynecologist.
Pain during menstruation
When severe pains occur during menstruation, what to do and why it happens, not all girls and women know.
At the onset of critical days in the tissues of the uterine cavity, the prostaglandin hormone is produced. This is the "culprit" of the beginning of cuts. The amount of hormone directly affects the intensity of pain.
Dysmenorrhea, and this is another name for painful menstruation, is of two types - primary and secondary.
This condition is diagnosed in adolescent girls and women under the age of 35 years. Its cause is the level of prostaglandin produced. It is he who provokes a spasm of blood vessels and the appearance of pain cramping character. And to the question, is this normal or not, the answer is yes, normal.
Symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea:
- the same pain throughout the menstruation,
- discomfort in the lumbar region,
- nausea, vomiting,
- headaches and dizziness,
- problems with the chair.
In most cases, if the body is healthy, all these signs disappear after childbirth, or with age in adolescent girls.
This pathology is diagnosed in women over the age of 35 years. The causes of dysmenorrhea in this category of people are many:
- Gynecological problems: inflammatory processes and pathologies of the pelvic organs, endometriosis, polyps, uterine fibroids, fibromatous nodes, the result of gynecological operations, abortions, scraping.
- Contraception: the use of intrauterine devices.
- Others: metabolic disorders, hormonal imbalances, heredity, unhealthy diet.
Recommendations at the same time - an immediate appeal to the gynecologist. If after 35 there are severe pains during menstruation - what to drink, what to remove, what to numb - all these questions to the doctor.
As a result of the diagnosis, the cause of the pain will be identified. Prescribed therapy and the removal of the original cause of discomfort will eliminate painful problems.
What to take?
You can get rid of unpleasant sensations, if they are not very disturbed, by yourself. What to drink in this case? You can use non-prescription drugs, which include the following:
- Anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs. Well relieve pain. This includes Ibuprofen.
- Antispasmodics. This - Analgin, Spazmalgon, No-shpa.
- Soothing. If the cause of discomfort in the transferred stress, an overabundance of emotions, you can take valerian extract.
If you do not want to drink pills, you can turn to the means of traditional medicine.
Recipes effective infusions:
- Root devyasila. Pour one teaspoon of grass with a glass of boiling water, insist for an hour, take 1 tablespoon three times a day.
- Raspberry leaves Pour a glass of boiling water 3 teaspoons of raw materials, insist for 15 minutes, take throughout the day in small sips.
- Horsetail. Pour 300 ml of boiling water one tablespoon of the plant, insist for one hour, take 50 ml each hour. When reducing the intensity of pain, increase the intake interval.
Why are very scanty periods? Read the article about the causes of scanty discharge, gynecological diseases, taking contraceptives and other problems in the work of the female body.
Why does chest hurt a week before menstruation? Details in this article.
It is possible to cope with the weak painful sensations without taking painkillers by following a number of simple recommendations:
- daily regime,
- balanced diet,
- good sleep
- refusal of coffee, nicotine, liquor,
- elimination of stressful situations
- weight reduction to normal
- normal physical activity.
Severe pain during menstruation. Pain pills for menstruation
Menstruation is not a very pleasant physiological process in itself. And if it is also accompanied by painful symptoms, as it happens in 60% of women of reproductive age, the expectation of these days passes in horror from the upcoming sensations.
The fact is that during menstrual bleeding, the body is cleared of unnecessary substances, which is regulated by impulses passing through nerve cells. This may be accompanied by unpleasant sensations, but severe pain during menstruation is an abnormal phenomenon. It can not be ignored in any case.
There are many methods by which you can reduce or relieve pain during menstruation, but initially you should consult with your doctor and diagnose the presence of diseases of the reproductive system.
Types of menstrual pain
Menstruation may be accompanied by several unpleasant symptoms. According to the location of the discomfort, they are divided into abdominal pain during menstruation and severe headaches. Each of the syndromes is heavily tolerated by the body and unsettled.
Menstrual migraines appear before menstruation. They are characterized by spasms of cerebral vessels, as a result of a sharp contraction and expansion of which nerve receptors are affected. With migraines, throbbing headache, nausea, and other autonomic or neurological symptoms occur.
Abdominal pain during menstruation is called dysmenorrhea or algomenorrhea. It is divided into primary and secondary. Also, dysmenorrhea is classified as mild, moderate, and severe by severity. Primary occurs with the advent of the menstrual cycle, or some time after that. With age, or (most often) after childbirth, it passes on its own. Secondary algomenorrhea occurs at a more mature age due to gynecological diseases. Its manifestations are stronger than at primary. With mild dysmenorrhea, moderate pain does not interfere with social activity. Medium degree implies a general weakness of the body, poor health. In severe stage of dysmenorrhea, the pain is very severe, vomiting and other unpleasant symptoms are added to it.
As a result of an increase in blood levels of testosterone, hormones increase. Because of this, the state of health is significantly deteriorated. The difference in the chemical composition of the blood affects the brain vessels, which may cause the appearance of menstrual migraine.
Another factor that can trigger such a pain syndrome is a violation of the water-salt balance. Since the rejection of cells during menstruation is accompanied by heavy bleeding, the body begins to accumulate a lot of fluid in advance. There is swelling of tissues, including the brain, with the result that there are severe headaches.
Menstrual migraine, which is also called cephalgic syndrome, is primarily manifested by long-term pulsating pain, which is concentrated in one part of the head - most often frontal, occipital, or temporal. This may be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, sweating, and general weakness. The body reacts painfully to external stimuli - light, sound, smell. Sometimes heart pain and pressure surges can occur.
Menstrual Migraine Treatment
If you observe signs of cephalgic syndrome, you should be examined by a gynecologist and a neurologist, who will prescribe treatment according to the results of tests and diagnostics. It may include taking vitamin complexes, hormones, homeopathy. Well relieve headaches during menstruation such pills as Aspirin, Nurofen, Sumatriptan, Zolmitriptan, Ketorol.
With a tendency to menstrual migraine, a woman must be especially careful to monitor their lifestyle. It is recommended to spend a lot of time in the fresh air, enough time to sleep and rest. It is necessary to eat right, because some foods can have a negative impact.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhea
The main symptoms of dysmenorrhea are general weakness of the body and abdominal pain during menstruation. They arise on the eve of the onset of menstrual bleeding or directly on this day. Pain located in the uterus, can give in the lower back, sacrum, groin, external genitals. The character can be cramping, pulling, sharp, dull. The severity of discomfort from moderate to very intense.
Severe pain during menstruation is sometimes accompanied by dry mouth, nausea, vomiting. Intestinal function is impaired, resulting in constipation, bloating or diarrhea. It may ache or feel dizzy, beat the chills, rise to 37 ° temperature, and cause tachycardia. Severe pain or general weakness sometimes leads to fainting.
In addition to poor physical health, dysmenorrhea causes emotional and mental disorders. A woman becomes irritable, distracted, restless. Memory may deteriorate, insomnia may appear. Reduced performance. Against dysmenorrhea, a short-term depressive state may develop.
Causes of pain
If a woman has pain during menstruation, the reasons may be different - both physiological and the result of diseases of the genitourinary system. Depending on this, dysmenorrhea is divided into primary and secondary.
Menstruation is the process of cleansing the body of unnecessary and harmful tissues located in the uterus. Rejected endometrium produces prostaglandin hormones, which are chemicals. They lead to a contraction of the uterus muscles, as a result of which the blood arteries are pinched, the blood supply to the tissues is deteriorated, and pain receptors are stimulated. The more prostaglandins in the blood, the stronger the contractions and, consequently, the pain.
Severe pain during menstruation can occur with various disorders, diseases, inflammatory processes. Then they are called secondary dysmenorrhea. The most common cause is:
- succulent myoma,
- ovarian cysts,
- genital infections,
- varicose pelvic veins.
Sometimes the appearance of unpleasant symptoms can be affected by an abnormal position, a bend of the uterus, its too narrow cervix and other malformations of the internal and external genital organs. Pain can be triggered by an abortion or an intrauterine device. Low levels of progesterone or calcium can also cause you to feel unwell during your period. Menstrual pain can occur as a result of stress, nervous breakdowns, emotional experiences.
With dysmenorrhea, you can take one of several types of drugs - painkillers, soothing, hormonal. For each of them, you should consult with your doctor.
Most commonly prescribed such pain pills for menstruation, such as No-shpa, Ibuprofen, Ketonal, Solpadine, Paracetamol, Tempalgin, Baralgin. Also good help injections "Analgina" and "Papaverina." These drugs reduce the level of prostaglandin, which reduces the intensity of contractions and, accordingly, pain.
If a woman is often nervous and pain arises on this basis, sedatives should be taken. For example, "Valerian", "Novo-Passit".
Oral contraceptives on a hormonal basis can significantly reduce or even eliminate severe pain during menstruation. On this occasion, be sure to consult with your doctor.
Meals during the month
If you experience pain during menstruation, it is recommended to follow a diet. Bowel emptying should occur in a timely manner so that it does not press on the uterus that is enlarging these days. Preference should be given to vegetables, bran, unpolished rice, buckwheat porridge.
Meat and liver will help restore the balance of protein and iron in the body. Salad, tomatoes, dairy products due to the presence of calcium, potassium and magnesium will reduce the uterine tone. Olives, corn, beans, thanks to vitamin E will improve health.
Foods that contain sodium, caffeine, a large amount of salt should be excluded. This affects the psycho-emotional state and the accumulation of fluid in the body.
Massage from painful sensations
An excellent tool for relieving pain during menstruation is acupressure. It consists in pressing on the point located on the inside of the leg between the knee and the ankle. You need to press for 1-2 minutes, on the left foot, and then on the right. Another option is a point located on the inner surface of the foot, four fingers up from the ankle. There are places on the tailbone and in the center of the back, pressing on them for ten seconds also reduces pain.
You can stroke and massage the lower abdomen and lower back in a clockwise direction with circular movements. It improves blood flow and reduces pain. Putting a heating pad on the belly, a warm, dry towel, a bottle of hot water reduces the intensity of the spasms.
Physical exercise to eliminate pain
During menstrual bleeding, exercise is undesirable, and for painful sensations, it is completely contraindicated. However, walking in the fresh air, yoga and simple exercises will only benefit.
1. Stand in the knee-elbow position, head down. In this position, stand for two minutes.
2. Lie down on a flat surface. Bend your legs at the knees, resting feet. Hands stretch along the body, palms down. Muscles should be as relaxed as possible. Within two minutes, gently bending the abdomen, take short breaths and exhale.
3. Лежа на ровной поверхности, на спине, положить на живот книгу. Slowly inhale the air with the nose, lift it up, strain the muscles, hold for five seconds in this position. Repeat the exercise for about two minutes.
1. Pose "cobra". Slowly leaning face down, gradually raise up the head, and then the chest, not helping himself with his hands. Then, with the help of hands, continue to raise the chest until back pain appears. Head as much as possible to take back, looking up. When lifting, inhale, while lowering exhalation. Then get some rest and repeat again.
2. Pose "bow". Lie on your stomach, bend over your back, bend your legs at the knees and grab the ankles with your hands. Bending in, one must inhale and letting go of the legs exhale. You can hold your breath, ride on his stomach back and forth.
In performing physical exercises during menstruation, the main thing is not to overdo it. If more discomfort appears, you need to stop.
Many women have pain during menstruation. What to do with this? First of all, you should contact your doctor, who will conduct an examination and identify the cause of ailments. Based on this, the treatment and measures to be taken to eliminate the pain syndrome will be determined.