Useful properties, methods of use and contraindications of cranberries
Ruby cranberry balls, the beneficial properties of which leave no doubt, have a sour-bitter taste. “Bursting” in the mouth, the berry gives us a huge amount of vitamins and minerals that favorably affect the work of all the internal systems of the body.
Mostly cranberries grow in Russia, but the berry can be found in almost all corners of the globe in frozen form. It is perfect for making jam, as a filling for pies. Of course, the most useful cranberry will be fresh.
Cranberry: useful properties and composition
• vitamins - B1, B2, B6, B9, C, K, A,
• trace elements - iodine, iron, potassium, manganese, zinc, sodium, calcium.
Per 100 grams of product accounts for only 30 Kcal, so the berry is not prohibited for use by those who watch their weight.
Cranberry: Useful Properties
1. Excellent thins the blood.
2. Contributes to the normalization of blood pressure.
3. Improves appetite, metabolic and digestive processes in the body.
4. Effective with colds - reduces body toxicity and is characterized by antipyretic properties.
5. Strengthens the immune system of adults and children.
6. Cranberry decoctions are useful for cystitis, the berry is characterized by a diuretic effect.
7. Cleans the body, removes toxins, slags and other stagnation.
8. Allows you to restore strength, compensates for the deficiency of nutrients in avitaminosis.
Cranberries, the beneficial properties of which have been listed above, are also considered to be a natural antibiotic, therefore, it is especially recommended to eat it for colds. It was proved that the berry is much better at fighting infection, than expensive pharmaceutical preparations.
The use of cranberries for medicinal purposes
1. With a cold. Drinks from cranberries perfectly quench thirst, have diaphoretic and anti-inflammatory properties. Using the infusion of berries 2-3 times a day, you can quickly relieve cold symptoms.
2. People with high blood pressure are recommended to eat 2-3 tablespoons of berries a day. You can also grind cranberries in a blender, add honey to the mass and use the product in this form.
3. When avitaminosis cranberry is indispensable. Brewed fruit-based compote and drunk throughout the day. Such a drink is useful for both adults and children, especially in the period of exacerbation of infectious infections. Berries fill the deficiency of nutrients in the body, which allows the body to create an invisible defense and fight disease.
4. Cranberry juice is prescribed for cystitis, as it contains a special substance that does not allow bacteria to “linger” on the walls of the bladder.
5. In angina, cranberry juice is used for gargling.
Cranberries: Useful Properties and Berry-Based Health Recipes
Each hostess will be useful to know the recipes of several infusions of cranberry, to be ready for any ailment.
1. Prophylactic for children. Cranberries, raisins, and nuts (3 tablespoons) each form the same proportion in a deep bowl. This also adds 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and honey. All components are crushed, transferred to the jar. The mixture should be stored in the refrigerator, it is recommended that children use one spoonful of fasting daily.
2. What else is good cranberries? The beneficial properties of the product can also be used for washing open wounds. To do this, the berries are boiled in water, then the liquid is filtered. This tool is an antiseptic, disinfects the wound.
3. For the treatment of inflammation of the bladder. 3 tablespoons of kidney tea and 2 tablespoons of cranberries are poured with boiling water, cooked for 15-20 minutes, then infused until completely cooled. The mixture is filtered, the remaining liquid is drunk in equal portions during the day.
4. Regardless of the fact that cranberry also has contraindications, it is not prohibited for gastritis, on the contrary, it is recommended. To do this, mix 2 tablespoons of berries, peppermint, plantain, chamomile, St. John's wort, calendula, sage. All herbs are added in the same proportion - 1 tablespoon. The mixture is poured boiling water and infused to cool completely in a dark place. Before use, you need to strain the drink and drink 1 glass for half an hour before meals. Infusion calms a stomach, normalizes its work.
Very useful cranberries. Contraindications are not so extensive, so since the time of great-grandmothers, the berry has been considered the best cure for all diseases.
In addition to medicines from the berries you can cook a lot of all delicious. Cranberries, the beneficial properties of which are preserved in any form, will be useful for each family member.
Berries, ground with sugar
1 kg of cranberries to sort out well and boil for about 8-10 minutes. Then you need to fold them in a colander to glass all the excess liquid. Approximately 800 grams of sugar is added to the berries, everything is passed through the combine until a homogeneous mass is formed. Such a vitamin “dish” can be screwed into cans and left for the winter, or you can simply put in the refrigerator and eat a little every day.
Useful cranberry juice
200 grams of berries are blanched for 10-15 minutes, then they warm up well and boil for another 15 minutes. When the drink has cooled slightly, honey is added to it. Attention! In no case honey can not be added to boiling water, so it loses all its useful properties. Ready juice is used chilled.
All young children love eggnog - it's tasty and healthy. However, few people know that there can also add cranberries to saturate it with even more vitamins. For cooking, you will need to beat in a blender until a homogeneous mass 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of cranberry syrup, 400 grams of milk and 3 tablespoons of honey. Serve the drink must be chilled.
Mistress on the note!Cranberries, the beneficial properties of which are beneficial to human health, can be used in cooking to decorate some dishes. The sour taste of berries goes well with fish and meat. For example, you can bake chicken fillet in the oven, sprinkling 100 g of cranberries on it - the dish will amaze every family member with its incredible taste.
Cranberries: contraindications and precautions
Despite the usefulness of the berries, you need to know the situation when it is not recommended to use it.
1. Forbidden berries in the presence of individual intolerance to the product. We'll have to abandon the product in any form.
2. When a duodenal ulcer and stomach ulcer is strictly prohibited to use cranberries.
3. With care berries need to eat with hypotension.
4. During pregnancy and during the lactation period, it is advisable to consult with your doctor before consuming berries, in order to avoid unpleasant consequences for the fetus.
Cranberries, the beneficial properties and contraindications for use in food of which were described above, are really very tasty and affordable for everyone. Every hostess can now please her loved ones with delicious vitamin mors and vitamin jam. The main thing is to know the measure and not to overeat the berry, as this can lead to pain in the abdomen.
Cranberries contain a lot of vitamins, minerals and healthy acids:
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B9),
- vitamins C, E and K,
- nicotinic acid (vitamin PP),
- quinic acid and benzoic acid.
There are 3 main types of cranberries:
Cranberry is a common species in Eurasia and North America, it is usually collected by the Russians in the swamps, bought in stores and markets. Most often it is used in the manufacture of various canned goods, sweets and medicines. It has a medium and large size, it can get green, and then ripen in a dark place.
Small-fruited cranberries are also common on the Eurasian continent, but differ in smaller fruits and leaves. Large-fruited species is found exclusively on the east coast of the United States, so in Russia it is presented only as an imported product.
Cranberries, which were harvested in real swamps, and then brought to the berry collection point, will have maximum benefit; all the necessary quality checks are carried out during processing.
When the berry is harvested on an industrial scale in Europe, it also grows in the forest, but when harvested, the territory is flooded, the light berry comes off the stem and floats. Then it is caught and dried. This berry also cope well with various colds, but this method of harvesting can have a detrimental effect on the growing area of cranberries.
Depending on the form in which the berry is used, it can bring the following benefits to the body:
- Prevention of cancer (this is one of the beneficial properties of cranberry leaves).
- It helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- Thins the blood.
- During pregnancy helps the normal metabolism of nutrients between the fetus and the woman's body.
- Cranberry tea is helpful and helpful in treating urinary tract infections.
- Reducing cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Help in restoring the body after long-term diseases (one of the beneficial properties of cranberry juice).
- Prevention of kidney stones.
- Treatment of diseases of the gums, the fight against bleeding.
- The beneficial properties of cranberry juice are also associated with improved metabolism.
With a cold
A useful property of cranberries for children is that it helps to bring down the heat and cope with the flu without forcing the child to drink tasteless syrups. To overcome the disease, it is necessary to drink 3 cups of tea with 2 teaspoons of cranberry jam during the day, and for children under 7 years old - no more than 2 cups a day.
In this case, the jam can be diluted not in tea, but in ordinary hot water. If the disease proceeds in a mild form, then after 3 days of consuming such a therapeutic drink, noticeable improvements will appear.
To strengthen the immune system
- cranberries - 1 cup,
- Vodka - 1 cup.
Berry poured into a glass bottle with a thick neck or in a small jar, pour vodka and send in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Tincture on the cranberries should be taken on 1 teaspoon per day. The same recipe can cure cystitis and help get better quickly when you have a cold.
To restore the health of the skin with psoriasis, you can use cranberry juice. It is regularly wrung out of fresh or frozen cranberries, and lubricates the affected skin. The first improvements will appear in 3 days. If the disease is not caused by psychosomatic processes, then after 2 months of using this product, you can say goodbye to the problem.
- sage, calendula, peppermint, plantain, chamomile, St. John's wort - 1 tablespoon,
- cranberries - 2 tablespoons,
- water - 1 liter.
Mix herbal tea with cranberries and pour boiling water over it. Insist until cool. Before drinking, strain the drink and take 1 glass half an hour before meals. The product calms the stomach, normalizes its work.
- cranberry - 2 glasses,
- sugar - 1 cup,
- water - 1 cup.
Chop cranberries in mashed potatoes, and then strain the juice. Combine it with water and sugar, bring to a boil and boil slightly until sugar is completely dissolved. Ready syrup stored in the refrigerator and take 1 tablespoon 2-3 times a day. Use as an adjunct in the treatment and prevention of cystitis.
The beneficial properties of cranberry syrup are not limited to this: it can be consumed in the winter and spring for the prevention of vitamin deficiency, as well as during a cold.
A well-known useful property of cranberries during pregnancy is that the berry helps a woman cope with toxemia. For this it is enough to eat several sour berries during nausea attacks. But this method will not work in the case when a woman suffers from low blood pressure, otherwise you can harm the unborn baby.
Mask from oily shine
- Cranberries - 2 tsp.
- egg white - 1 piece,
- oatmeal - for consistency,
- lemon juice - 1 tsp.
Grind cranberries in a puree or chop, mix with protein and lemon juice. Then add so much flour so that the consistency of thick cream is obtained. Apply the mixture on cleansed face and leave for 15 minutes. After the procedure, the cream is better not to apply.
Express Acne Treatment
- cranberries - 1 cup,
- Vodka - 1 cup.
Berry poured into a glass bottle with a thick neck or in a small jar, pour vodka and send in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. Then use a dot on rashes on the face and body, do it better with a cotton swab.
Ice for skin tone
Structure: cranberry - 1 glass.
Berries should be mashed or mashed with a blender. Then carefully squeeze the juice through cheesecloth and pour into ice molds. If desired, the juice can be diluted in half with water. Cubes used in the morning as a means of washing. Cranberry nourishes and dries the skin, and low temperature promotes good blood circulation and improves tone.
- cranberries (fresh or frozen) - 500 grams,
- water - 1 liter,
- sugar - 3 tablespoons,
- starch - 1 tablespoon with a hill.
Berries pour water, add sugar and put on fire. After the compote boils, you can beat it with a blender or slightly crush the berries with a spoon. At this time, dilute the potato starch in 100 milliliters of cold water, add to the saucepan and mix thoroughly. Put the mixture back on the fire, constantly stirring and not bringing to a boil, remove. Kissel is ready to eat.
- egg white - 10 grams,
- sugar - 400 grams,
- cranberries (fresh or frozen) - 300 grams,
- water - 60 milliliters,
- agar-agar - 3 grams.
Chop cranberries with a blender or through a sieve, send to a saucepan and cook over low heat. Then add 250 grams of sugar, mix and let cool. After that, in a separate saucepan, dissolve the water and agar-agar, bring to a boil and add the remaining sugar. Stir the mixture until completely dissolved, and then remove from heat.
While the syrup is cooled for 5-7 minutes, egg white is put in the cranberry puree, and then the mixture is whipped up at the maximum speed of the mixer until it turns pink. Then they pick up a regular whisk and pour in a little bit of slightly cooled syrup, so that it will clutch well and mix with mashed potatoes. The mixture is poured into a silicone mold and left for 8 hours. Then cut into sticks - the marshmallow is ready.
- fresh cranberries - 3 cups 200 milliliters,
- orange - 1 piece,
- sugar - 1 cup,
- semi-dry red wine - 100 milliliters.
Orange zest must be rubbed on a fine grater, and squeeze the juice out of the pulp and strain. All ingredients are placed in a saucepan or saucepan with a thick bottom. The burner is turned on at the average temperature, and the mixture is constantly stirred so that it does not stick. After the berry becomes soft and the sauce thickens, it can be removed from the heat.
In order for large bones not to come across during a meal, the sauce is best crushed with a blender in mashed potatoes or ground through a fine sieve. It goes well with all kinds of meat.
Harvesting and storage
Cranberries can be stored in the following forms:
- fresh in the fridge
- frozen in the freezer,
- processed into juice, rolled up in glass jars,
- as a jam with sugar,
- as a tincture of alcohol, vodka or brandy,
- in the form of mashed berries with honey (raw in jars),
- dried and dried.
Cranberries are harvested from late August, but the season depends on the region. Many collect it still green. Such cranberries are spread on cotton cloth in a dark place and allowed to lie down for 1-2 weeks for the berry to ripen. After that, it should be washed, sorted and prepared in the most suitable way for yourself.
Frozen cranberries retain the full benefits of fresh berries only when the frost was shock, that is, fast. If there is no such function in the refrigerator, then the home-made berry is best to immediately roll up in the form of jam, but you can buy cranberries from the store in frozen form all year round. It is the shock freezing method that is used in production.
Harm and contraindications
Cranberries should not be consumed in excessively large quantities, as well as in the presence of a number of the following diseases and health problems:
- increased acidity of the stomach,
- individual intolerance (there are people with allergies to this berry),
- cranberries can flush out salt from the body, so to maintain a balance with prolonged use, you should drink mineral water
- diseases of the liver and gallbladder, especially in the period of exacerbation,
- thin tooth enamel and sensitive teeth,
- carefully need to eat cranberries hypotensive.
Red, soft in texture and very sour in taste, berries can cure many diseases. In addition, they are used for both preventive and culinary purposes. Official medicine considers cranberry extract as a light diuretic with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial activity.
Useful properties of cranberries are familiar to mankind for a long time. Berries are more popular than the fruits of the closest relatives - blueberries and blueberries. This is not surprising, because cranberries are a real fount of healing substances that diversify the human body. And its correct and moderate use will help to preserve health for many years.
Where to find thickets
The most valuable for therapeutic purposes are considered large-fruited and common cranberries. The first species is most common in the Appalachian Mountains. Cultivated on an industrial scale in special artificial swamps.
Common cranberries are widely distributed in Russia. An exception is the territory of the Kuban, the Caucasus Mountains and the Volga region. In Europe, cranberries grow to the north of France, in North America - almost throughout Canada.
The second name for common cranberries is marsh. It fully characterizes the requirements of the plant to the conditions of its growth. Cranberries need increased soil moisture, so it grows in swamps that are moistened by underground and surface sources, less often on the marshy banks of rivers and lakes. Cranberries are also capable of forming thickets in coniferous forests.
The plant belongs to the number of evergreen shrubs. Because of their small size, people often call it grass.
- Roots. The plant has a core root system. Also, all species are characterized by the presence of a large number of adventitious roots, which grow from the shoots and provide them with moisture and substances necessary for development.
- Stems. Bending, filiform, capable of ubiquitous rooting. The length reaches 30 cm.
- Leaves. They have an oblong ovoid shape and solid edges. Small, maximum length 1.5 cm, width - 0.6 cm. Located on the branches alternately, fastened with short petioles. The top of the sheet plate has a dark green color, the bottom is almost white. The stark contrast is justified by the presence of a thick layer of wax on the bottom of the sheet, which is necessary to protect the gas exchange organs of the plant from moisture when changing the water level.
- Fruit. Cranberry fruits in the second year of its development. The berries appear immediately after the end of flowering, but ripen for a long time - right up to the month of October. Have a rounded or ellipsoid shape. They are eaten by birds, after which they spread the seeds over long distances, ensuring the distribution of cranberries. After the birds have eaten the seeds, their growing activity is increasing.
The main condition for the normal development of cranberry shrubs is the presence of particular fungi in the soil, with which the root system of the cranberries densely grow together, forming mycorrhiza. This moment is very important for the berries to concentrate mineral substances, since it is the fungi that ensure their entry into the plant itself. In turn, the cranberry bush provides the fungus with substances of organic nature, their derivatives after photosynthetic reactions. It is proved that without the formation of mycorrhiza, the cranberry quickly weakens, begins to hurt, and eventually dies from a lack of mineral compounds.
Preparation of medicinal raw materials
Dried cranberries lose a lot of nutrients, so they are harvested fresh. A characteristic feature - the berry, which has a complex chemical composition, is beautifully stored in water. The collected fruits, after the final ripening, are poured with ordinary cold water in cans or wooden barrels, where they can be stored until the next season.
Harvesting is often done by hand, using special wooden hooks. They are convenient to raise branches for better access to the berries that can be picked at different times of the year. The biological value of the fruit depends on it.
- Collected in September. Berries untouched by frost, ripen in boxes, contain the greatest amount of valuable substances.
- Collected after the first frost. Then the berry becomes sweeter, but loses points in terms of beneficial properties.
- Collected in early spring. The sweetest berry - after the descent of snow. Regarding the healing properties of such fruits are considered the least valuable.
It is correct to freeze not only that which was torn off, but already lain for some time in a dark place, and finally ripe cranberries. The berries are washed with cold water, dried on a paper towel, and then frozen, spreading out the raw material in a thin layer on a wide vessel. After three hours, the berries can be poured into a container or plastic bag.
The healing composition of the fruit
Cranberries are considered to be one of the most useful berries, because its chemical composition is simply striking in its richness and variety.
- Sahara. Contains mono- and disaccharides (glucose, fructose, sucrose), as well as high-molecular carbohydrates represented by dietary fibers and pectin substances. All carbohydrate compounds are involved in metabolism, are sources of energy for the human body, are consumed by absolutely all of its cells.
- Organic acids. Presents tartaric, oxalic, quinic, chlorogenic, ursolic, benzoic, succinic, ketobutyric, oleic, ketoglutaric acids. All of them are active participants in protein and fat metabolism. Many of these acids affect the level of energy consumption by cells, increasing it. They launch metabolic processes, speed up metabolism, participate in the formation of cell membranes. Most acids have bactericidal, anti-inflammatory properties, reduce the level of sugar and cholesterol in the blood.
- Flavonoids. Quercetin, betaine. Ensure the strengthening of vessel walls, normalization of blood viscosity, have an antioxidant effect.
- Other substances. In small quantities, cranberries contain catechins, leucoanthocyanins, and glycosidic compounds. All of them have an antioxidant effect, hepatic and cardioprotective effect, normalize the flow of metabolic processes. Tannins give cranberry astringent, enveloping, anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamins. Cranberry is considered a vitaminizing plant due to its high concentration of vitamins. Among them, vitamin C, K, E, and vitamins of group B. They regulate the course of redox reactions in the body, and therefore are necessary to perform all physiological functions.
- Minerals Cranberry is the leader in potassium, as well as calcium and iron. Among the trace elements in cranberries are quite rare: cobalt, lead, silver, nickel, titanium, chromium. Cranberry also contains the usual, but vital minerals: sodium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium.
What does berry treat
Extensive therapeutic properties of the berries can be used for many diseases.
- With hypertension. In folk medicine, the use of cranberry pressure is popular. It should be said that from the point of view of official medicine, berries should be used as part of complex therapy of hypertension. In this case, you can achieve positive dynamics of the disease, as well as stabilize the patient's condition.
- In cases of digestion. Berries are used as a gastroprotective agent, as well as to stimulate the pancreas and gall bladder. Indications for use: hypoacidic form of gastritis, cholecystitis. Recommended regular use of berries for people suffering from diabetes. Fruits regulate sugar levels, improve cell sensitivity to insulin.
- With urinary problems. Cranberries eliminate inflammation in pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, and inflammation of the bladder. Providing a mild diuretic effect, cranberries help to cope with swelling and fluid retention. Also, the plant helps to prevent the formation of kidney stones and remove the existing small deposits. Relaxation of smooth muscles contributes to the flow of this process with minimal pain. For any gynecological diseases, cranberry helps to eliminate the inflammatory process, prevent its transition to a chronic form, protects against the formation of cysts, polyps.
- With ARVI. Cranberry berries, tea with them, jam, juice, will help reduce body temperature and manifestations of fever. The use of cranberry cough is based on a mild bronchodilator effect, which facilitates the removal of mucus and reduces the risk of cold to bronchitis. Mouth rinsing and throat helps to cope with pharyngitis, laryngitis, sore throat, stomatitis.
- With immunodeficiency. Cranberries are recommended to be used by people suffering from a chronic decrease in immunity, as well as during the recovery period after illness, operations.
- From disorders of the central nervous system. Cranberries have mild sedative and muscle relaxant properties. They can be used in the period of increasing mental and physical exertion to ensure the body’s resistance to stress, maintaining clarity of thinking. Cranberry helps to cope with seasonal depression, asthenic conditions and insomnia.
To obtain effective drugs from cranberries at home, there are many recipes. The most popular ones are cranberry juice and tincture.
Features Tincture on alcohol is used to prevent atherosclerosis, diabetes mellitus, as a fortifying agent, to lower blood pressure, with ulcerative lesions of the stomach.
Preparation and use
- A glass of cranberry berries fall asleep with a glass of sugar, put in a warm bright place for ten days.
- Add to the resulting mixture a glass of medicinal alcohol.
- Insist in a dark place for five days, then filter.
- Consume a tablespoon twice or three times a day, on an empty stomach.
Features It is used for all indications characteristic of cranberries. Tincture on vodka is less strong than alcohol, therefore it has a milder effect on the stomach.
Preparation and use
- To prepare the tincture on the cranberries, a glass of berries is pounded in a mortar or crushed in a blender to a mushy consistency.
- In a saucepan, heat a glass of water to boil. Pour a glass of sugar, bring to a boil again.
- Mix the grated berry and sugar syrup.
- A glass of high-quality pure vodka is added to the mixture.
- Insist month in a dark place, occasionally shaking.
- Filter through gauze into a convenient bottle.
- Take a tablespoon twice a day.
Features It is very effective as a febrifuge for colds. Suitable for the treatment of renal diseases.
Preparation and use
- A glass of ripe berries chop into porridge.
- Pour three liters of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar to the juice, honey, spices to taste.
- Take inside a glass, up to six times a day.
Treatment with cranberries in the presence of chronic diseases requires prior consultation with the attending physician.
Berries are actively used in cooking for desserts, baking, cooking various sauces for meat dishes. They are also used in the alcohol industry, as the basis for cranberry tincture or for flavoring vodka.
In cosmetology, cranberry extract is used, as well as its juice. Diluted with water, it helps to eliminate acne and pustular eruptions, prevent scar formation, and also eliminate rashes of an allergic nature.
Cranberry juice and whole fruits are used to prevent cancer of the prostate, mammary glands, and female genital organs. Rinsing the mouth with diluted juice helps prevent tooth decay and whiten tooth enamel.
What is the danger
Side effects of treatment with cranberries can manifest themselves as a decrease in pressure, heartburn, pain in the right hypochondrium, and dyspeptic disorders. In this case, the use of berries should be stopped and continued after a few days, reducing the dosage by a third.
- hyperacid gastritis,
- any form of liver disease,
- antiplatelet medication,
- tendency to thrombosis,
- individual sensitivity.
With proper harvesting and storage of berries, the use of cranberries for maintaining health and eliminating existing pathologies is invaluable. Even experienced doctors confirm that the mild tonicity and strengthening effect of the berry can be used in most of the diseases studied. But for safety reasons, it is better to coordinate reception of cranberries with a doctor.
Who is the cranberry contraindicated?
With a number of diseases, cranberries can not only not have a beneficial effect, but also cause harm. Who should stop using this berry?
First of all, those who have individual intolerance to any components of the cranberries. This “intolerance” manifests itself, as a rule, by the usual allergic reaction after taking the product - rash, redness, itching. It is because of the "allergy" cranberries are not recommended to use during lactation and young children under the age of 3 years.
The fruits of this plant and people who have diseases such as gout and urolithiasis should be taken with extreme caution. In no case should not eat berries and drink cranberry juice "gastritnik" and "ulcer", especially during periods of exacerbation of diseases. And in general, with regard to the action on the gastrointestinal tract, here experts recommend diluting cranberry juice with water and avoid taking the berries on an empty stomach, so as not to provoke excessive secretion of gastric juice and not irritate the mucous once again. Derived cranberries should be used in the form of dessert - after eating the main meal.
Not very good, by the way, dentists treat cranberries. In their opinion, the acids contained in the fruit can quickly destroy tooth enamel. For this reason, after taking cranberries (or juice), it is recommended to brush your teeth or at least rinse your mouth with water.
Cranberry harvesting for the winter
In addition to fresh use, cranberries can be harvested for the winter. The recipes of this healing berry do not conceal anything complicated.
What are the general methods of harvesting cranberries?
First, it is freezing in the freezer.
Third, brewing. Jam may be just cranberry, but the addition of other ingredients, for example, apples, will not hurt. For the preparation of delicious cranberry-apple jam, the main components are taken in equal proportions (in this case, 1 kilogram of cranberries and sliced apples), mixed with two glasses of peeled and chopped walnuts and filled with syrup. To prepare the syrup, you need to boil a mixture of one glass of water and two and a half glasses of sugar. The resulting mass is cooked over low heat for half an hour, then transferred to the jar. In winter, when the world "conquer" colds, this tool will help strengthen the immune system and not give up the infection.
By the way, it should be remembered that the berries are stored quite well fresh. Shelf life can be several months. True, for this, several conditions must be met: the storage place must be dark, cool, well ventilated, and the berries themselves must be harvested after ripening, but not before! In no case should not collect the cranberries prematurely and bring to the color of ripe berries by keeping under a canopy! Such cranberries will deteriorate very quickly, not counting the fact that they will be significantly inferior to normal berries in their beneficial properties.
Cranberries can not only be harvested, but also bought in the markets. Well, if you want to get the concentrated benefits of this berry, then you can purchase cranberry capsules. Taking the capsules is not as pleasant as the berries themselves, but the healing properties remain the same.
Contraindications to the use of cranberries
Cranberry berries can cause a number of allergic reactions, accompanied by severe skin irritation.
And it is also strictly prohibited during the exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, pregnant women and children under three years.
And I can also recommend you such a natural organic cranberry grown in the clean swampland of Nova Scotia.
It is packaged without preservatives, using the natural, patented high vacuum method, while retaining all the beneficial properties of cranberries.
The berries are not dry and not firm, they remain juicy. It is believed that this is the best cranberry in the world.
Be sure to collect or buy cranberries, the benefit now you can buy it in almost every store in frozen form.
And eat it more to feel good and vigorous during a long and cold winter.
С вами была Алена Яснева, до новых встреч.
ПРИСОЕДИНЯЙТЕСЬ К МОИМ ГРУППАМ В СОЦИАЛЬНЫХ СЕТЯХ
Где растет клюква, как ее хранить
Известно 4 вида клюквы, которые выращиваются чаще всего (клюква и брусника по виду и свойствам похожи). For the normal development of the shrub requires a large amount of light and moisture, so more cranberries can be found in the northern hemisphere in marshy areas.
Cranberries grow in lighted, humid places.
On the territory of the Russian Federation, only 2 species of this plant are spread - cranberry marsh and small-fruited. The development of shrubs occurs due to symbiosis - since a special type of fungus often develops on the roots of cranberries, it supplies the nutrients necessary for development to the shrub. Participates in the symbiosis of fungal mycelium and cranberry rhizomes.
They begin to pick cranberries in September, while shrubs bloom in early summer. Sometimes it is possible to find fruits on shrubs in springtime, but such berries contain very few nutrients - for example, they practically do not have vitamin C. At the same time, spring cranberries have a more pleasant taste than autumn ones — earlier berries are sweeter.
Cranberries practically do not deteriorate, since natural preservatives are present in its composition, therefore, it is not difficult to preserve the berry for the winter. About a month in the refrigerator you can keep fresh cranberries. It is important not to wash it before storing it and to prevent moisture from entering the container - the cranberries must be completely dry.
In a cool place, ripe berries can be stored for a long time - just lay them out with a thin layer and cover with a thick cloth. About 2 months you can keep the berry on the balcony in this form, but in the cellar you can save it until spring to preserve the healing properties of cranberries.
With proper storage, cranberries with all its useful properties can be preserved until spring.
It is easier to keep the cranberries so - to sort and remove all the spoiled berries and garbage. If there are crumpled berries, they can be immediately used in pies and broths. Whole fruits are washed, dried and frozen. To do this, on a horizontal board, cranberries are laid out in a thin layer and frozen. This allows the berries to not stick together. Only then can it be decomposed into food containers and finally put in the freezer.
Note.After defrosting, it is better not to do a secondary freeze, as this leaves the most useful substances and some therapeutic properties of cranberries.
Nutrients contained in cranberries
Calorie cranberries are very low. It is important to remember that in fresh and dried cranberries the number of calories is not the same - fresh is considered a much more dietary product. Per 100 g of fresh berries account for only 25 kcal, while the dehydrated berry is many times more calories - 100 g 300 kcal. This results from the fact that the dehydrated berry weighs less, and therefore dried cranberries are 100 grams more than fresh ones. Useful properties are almost equivalent.
Due to the high content of acids, cranberries have a sour taste.
There is an exact ratio of BJU that is present in cranberries - it is 0.5 to 0.2 to 3.7, respectively. In addition to proteins, fats and carbohydrates, cranberries contain significant amounts of pectins, natural sugars, betaine, anthocyanins, catechins, and various organic acids:
Note.It is due to the content of a large amount of acid cranberry has a sour taste (if you translate the name, you can see that this property of the berry is reflected in it). The properties of cranberries and lingonberries are similar in this respect.
In addition to vitamin C, other beneficial substances are also present in cranberries - for example, tocopherol, many B vitamins, vitamin K. Trace elements and minerals in cranberries are numerous:
Other minerals in cranberries are also present, but they are present in small quantities.
It is difficult to overestimate the benefits to the human body, which carries a little red berry
What is the use of cranberries
Due to the extensive microelement and vitamin composition, cranberries perform many functions in the human body (this is even talked about in traditional medicine). The benefits of cranberries are:
- stimulation of the digestive tract by increasing the acidity of gastric juice,
- the improvement of the pancreas,
- improving appetite
- increased secretion of gastric juice (as well as pancreatic secretions),
- stopping the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms (during pregnancy, this property of cranberries is especially useful),
- diuretic action
- elimination of inflammatory processes in the urogenital area,
- preventing the birth and development of cancer cells (especially in the mammary glands, intestines, pelvic organs and prostate),
- improvement in headaches,
- stimulation of cardiac activity (for cores, such properties of cranberries are very important - they prescribe treatment with cranberries and doctors),
- normalization of cholesterol levels in the blood and improvement of the vascular system,
- ensuring the prevention of stroke and atherosclerosis,
- eliminating viruses and pathogens,
- quench your thirst
- removing heat from colds (one of the most beneficial properties of cranberries),
- ensuring the prevention of helminthiasis.
This is due to the indications for the use of berries, fruit drinks, decoctions of cranberry infusions (doctors also prescribe them). The beneficial properties of cranberries with honey are especially appreciated (and there are almost no contraindications to the use of such a medicine).
Cranberry Treatment Indications
Among the conditions when cranberries can significantly help, the following pathologies are usually noted:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system
- inflammatory processes in the mouth (for example, periodontal disease or stomatitis),
- gastritis with low acidity,
- diseases of the cold and viral nature, flu,
Berry can also enhance the effect of medicines, antibiotics, sanitize wounds, stimulate the healing of burns and other damage to the skin.
Note.Cranberries lose some of their beneficial properties when frozen and dried (especially ascorbic acid is lost), but it can also be used from all of these conditions.
Cranberries can enhance the effect of medicines.
Contraindications for cranberry treatment
Sometimes cranberries can not be used, even though this tool is natural, and therefore practically harmless. Cranberry treatment should be abandoned if:
- there is a low blood pressure (in case of hypertension, on the contrary, cranberries help reduce excess pressure),
- individual intolerance of the berry or its components, or allergic reactions,
- ulcers in the digestive tract, especially in the stomach or duodenum,
- gastritis in increased acidity of gastric juice (especially during the exacerbation of pathology).
CouncilBefore eating cranberries, it is better to consult a doctor. Pregnancy, lactation and childhood (if it is not babies under 3 years old) are not contraindications, but to use the berry, despite the beneficial properties of cranberries for the body, at this time it is better to use with caution.
For different pathologies, different recipes are usually used. More often the cranberry is used at treatment of cold as natural and effective remedy.
Cranberry is also used in cosmetology as a main or additional component of facial masks. It helps eliminate acne, whiten the skin and remove excess oily epidermis.
Cranberries are widely used in traditional medicine to treat a number of pathologies and conditions.
Cranberries for colds
From flu and cold berries give several positive actions at once:
- quenching thirst
- removal of inflammation
- stimulation of sweat
- elimination of viruses and pathogenic microorganisms,
- treatment of cough, rhinitis.
When treating flu and colds, you can make an infusion - take a glass of pounded berries per liter of boiling water, mix water with cranberries and boil. Half an hour you need to insist the solution, then strain it and drink several times a day for a glass until recovery. Cranberry juice also helps with colds - especially for pregnant women or children. You can make cranberries with sugar and eat a tablespoon several times a day.
Increased pressure can also be treated with this berry, as it effectively eliminates hypertension and hypertension. Here will help the juice, squeezed from the cranberries. It is quite acidic, but it is very effective against overpressure. It also helps this recipe (before applying it is better to consult with a specialist) - grind a kilogram of cranberries and a glass of garlic in a blender, mix the products. The resulting mixture pour young honey (enough for half a liter). Take the medicine you need three times a day for a tablespoon.
The same mixtures are used to treat atherosclerosis.
From weak immunity
If immunity falls due to diseases or vitamin deficiency, cranberries will also help. The recipe for vitamin tea is simple - you need to insist a handful of berries in a thermos with 500 ml of boiling water, and then drink it as tea. You can add honey to taste. For the treatment of beriberi, you can drink just mashed cranberries with sugar, filled with a glass of boiling water (a spoonful of the mixture in a glass of water). In such a tea, you can add a few rosehips to make it even more useful. This medicine can be prepared for the child.
Cranberry tea helps to strengthen the immune system
Cranberry is especially useful for the urogenital tract, as it removes excess fluid from the body, reduces inflammation in the kidneys and bladder, and eliminates disease-causing organisms. Cranberries can also be a preventive measure for cystitis, as it does not allow bacteria to adhere to the bladder and multiply.
For the prevention or treatment of cystitis, drinking 2 cups of cranberry juice per day is sufficient.
To cure a sore throat faster, you can gargle with cranberry juice throat. To make the solution more useful and pleasant to the taste, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the glass of juice and mix until it is completely dissolved. You can gargle several times a day. You can add juices from other berries - for example, lingonberries or beets.
From liver disease
For liver diseases, you can make a mixture of cranberries (can be dried) with honey in equal proportions. This mixture, if you take it every day several times one spoon, cleans the liver and improves its performance. Cranberry and lingonberry compotes also help - boil berries or dried fruits in water, sweeten and leave for some time.
For diseases of the joints
If there are inflammatory processes in the joints, you can take this infusion: two tablespoons of cranberries, rubbed with sugar, pour a glass of hot water and drink 2 times a day for half a glass.
Cranberries are not only healthy, but also tasty berries.
From inflammatory processes in the vessels
In order for the cardiovascular system to be normal, you can make such a mixture: a glass of honey, one and a half cups of cranberries and 3 heads of garlic must be mixed, after grinding the last two components. The rubbed mixture should be taken in the evening on a teaspoon daily. The course of treatment is a month. At this time, the mixture should be stored in a refrigerator in a glass container - with such storage, the therapeutic properties of cranberries will not change and no contraindications will appear to the mixture.
Cranberry is shown even during pregnancy.
Cranberry berry is an effective and useful remedy of traditional medicine for the treatment of almost all inflammatory diseases and pathologies. These berries are a good antiseptic for the human body, which can be used even during pregnancy (this is especially true if a woman has a cold). There are many recipes (pies and desserts), cranberry fruit drinks. Berry is used in any form - most often it is dried cranberries, dried cranberries, frozen cranberries or cranberries with honey. Before treatment, it is better to consult with a specialist and evaluate the beneficial properties and contraindications for cranberries for a specific pathology.