Why was it sick before menstruation, if this was not before, can this be talking about pregnancy?
Why is sick before menstruation? The reasons for this phenomenon will be considered in the article.
Some women may experience nausea immediately before the onset of the menstrual cycle. This is a very common phenomenon, and, as a rule, it does not indicate the presence of any health problems. Nausea before a new cycle can be caused by many factors, including the presence of spasms and premenstrual syndrome. If acute symptoms are observed, this may indicate the presence of a hidden medical condition, such as endometriosis. PMS is the main cause of nausea before menstruation. Twenty to fifty percent of women experience PMS symptoms ten days before the onset of menstruation.
So, nauseous before menstruation. The reasons for this may be different.
Is this normal?
In addition to nausea, symptoms of PMS include headaches along with fatigue and dizziness. Nausea before menstruation is a fairly common symptom and, importantly, is not considered a deviation. A feeling of nausea may accompany menstruation regularly. True, any sudden changes in the nature of premenstrual syndrome sometimes suggest that the patient is far from all right with her health. A woman should consult a doctor if she:
- Feel nauseous immediately before menstruation for the first time.
- It cannot hold food and loses weight due to frequent vomiting.
- Regularly confronted with dehydration.
- Notes vomiting, worsening over several days.
Why is a woman sick?
Very often, women feel sick before menstruation. The reasons for this pathology should be established by a doctor.
Nausea often, as already mentioned, becomes a consequence of premenstrual syndrome. True, this symptom may have other reasons, in connection with this it is very important for a woman to talk to the doctor if she is observing something non-standard in herself or when nausea does not allow you to comfortably do your daily activities. Further, let's talk in detail about the causes of nausea before the onset of menstruation.
Premenstrual syndrome as one of the causes of nausea
When nauseous before menstruation, the cause is often premenstrual syndrome.
Women also often experience other PMS symptoms, including headache, dizziness, along with fatigue, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. Scientists do not know exactly what causes PMS, and for what reason some patients experience this syndrome, and the others do not. Many women have a headache and nausea before their monthly periods.
The reasons may be as follows:
- Effect of serotonin levels. Serotonin is a chemical in the brain that is directly related to mood. There is some evidence that the level of serotonin immediately before the onset of menstruation decreases. Low serotonin causes depression along with anxiety and other symptoms.
- The impact of nutritional deficiencies. Insufficient use of calcium, magnesium affects the course of PMS.
- Influence of endocrine diseases. The endocrine system regulates hormone levels. Problems that are associated with diabetes, thyroid disorder, polycystic syndrome or other pathologies can worsen PMS.
- The presence of hormonal changes. The level of estrogen and progesterone immediately after ovulation rises high, as these hormones play an important role in conception. When menstruation begins, the levels of estrogen and progesterone decrease. Women suffering from PMS usually experience nausea. Hormones are chemical messengers, ensuring the coordinated work of different body systems, in connection with this, a change in the hormonal level can affect the way a woman’s body reacts to many significant processes.
- The influence of genetics. Despite the fact that science has not yet found specific genes that would be associated with PMS, everything indicates that this syndrome can be transmitted by inheritance as well.
Last year, Korean scientists published the results of a study in which more than a hundred women participated. They underwent an operation to remove a malignant breast tumor under anesthesia. As a result, a direct link between menstruation and nausea was found. Among female volunteers, women who experienced postoperative nausea more often experienced women during the surgical procedure at the stage of the menstrual cycle that was close to the beginning.
Usually sick before menstruation for the week. The cause can be dysphoric disorder.
Possible diseases that provoke nausea before the cycle begins: endometriosis
Why is sick before menstruation and lower abdominal pain?
Endometriosis is characterized by the fact that tissues that, in a normal state, line the inner surface of the uterus, appear outside this female organ. Endometrial implants are detected by doctors in the ovaries, and, moreover, in the fallopian tubes and many other organs.
Some women suffer from endometriosis, but do not face its symptoms. Others this disease is very draining. Endometriosis can cause intense pain along with heavy bleeding during menstruation, and sometimes blood can even go out through the mouth. In addition, endometriosis is the main cause of infertility in women, and it is still unknown how this condition is associated with a decrease in fertility.
Research from scientists has shown that problems with the stomach and other elements of the digestive system often disturb patients with endometriosis. During the study, eighty-five percent of patients with this disease reported that they had recently had any digestive disorders. In addition to nausea, ladies complained of gas, bloating, stomach pain and constipation.
Why are you still sick before your menstruation and your lower back hurts?
Effect of pregnancy
Nausea with vomiting are among the early symptoms of pregnancy. These symptoms may appear immediately before a woman skips the next monthly cycle. Shortly after the implantation of the egg into the uterus, the body begins to produce chorionic gonadotropin (i.e., hCG). This substance may affect the occurrence of nausea in the morning. Thanks to him, he is able to quickly determine the occurrence of pregnancy within the home.
Why sick before menstruation and during them, it is interesting to many.
Diseases and infections as factors of nausea
Not all the symptoms observed during menstruation may be associated with menstruation. Food poisoning, gastric virus, food sensitivity, and a number of other health problems also cause nausea that worries women during this period.
Women may have hidden diseases with infections if they experience nausea before the menstrual cycle for the first time. This is especially true when this symptom manifests itself in an acute form and is accompanied by severe stomach pain and vomiting.
If sick before menstruation, what to do?
How can you save yourself from nausea before menstruation?
In that case, if a woman is often faced with nausea before the onset of the menstrual cycle, then she should discuss this with the doctor. If the patient is regularly worried about the feeling of nausea before these days, then she also needs to talk to the gynecologist about all sorts of potential diseases. Recommended therapy will depend on the causes of nausea. Among the strategies that can reduce the occurrence of small bouts of nausea include the following:
- The use of special medicines, for example, "Gravola" or "Ptobysmola."
- The implementation of food control with the help of a diary, which sometimes helps to identify foods that provoke nausea.
The doctor may also recommend the following:
- The use of birth control pills, resulting in normal hormone levels. These are sometimes prescribed also for endometriosis and in the presence of PMS.
- Surgery to remove endometrial implants located outside the uterus.
- The use of antidepressants, in particular, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, able to normalize the level of the hormone, and, in addition, reduce the symptoms of PMS.
Thus, in conclusion, it is worth noting that nausea is a common symptom of premenstrual syndrome. For most patients, the phenomenon of nausea before the menstrual cycle is a condition that can be completely controlled with the help of non-prescription medications and the rejection of provoking food.
True, if a woman’s condition does not improve with the use of conservative strategies and, if it also interferes with her normal life activity, then this question should be discussed with the doctor. In close cooperation with a qualified doctor, a woman will be able to get an effective treatment plan when she feels sick before her menstruation.
According to reviews, the most frequent reason is PMS.
In reviews, many women complain that immediately before the onset of the menstrual cycle they regularly experience a feeling of nausea. As the ladies write, first of all it is best to discuss this issue with your doctor and find out whether the appearance of this symptom is a signal of the occurrence of a particular disease that is dangerous for women's health.
According to reports of some patients, sometimes they have to go to the doctors so that they can prescribe special medications for them to eliminate this symptom, since not everyone can tolerate nausea, and at the same time dragging pain in the lower abdomen and lower back.
As practice shows, in most situations such a manifestation in the period preceding the menstruation period is quite normal and is associated with the peculiarities of the female body. But other women write about the detrimental effect of such a disease as endometriosis and report that it is this ailment that indirectly can provoke a feeling of nausea before menstruation.
We considered what to do when severely sick before menstruation. The causes of this condition are described in detail.
Nausea as part of premenstrual syndrome
Premenstrual syndrome is a complex symptom complex, which is characterized by a certain frequency and occurrence before menstruation. In some women, it is manifested a week before menstruation, in others - on the eve or on the day of the appearance of blood discharge. Psycho-emotional, vegetative and endocrine disorders that negatively affect the woman’s quality of life are characteristic of this state.
Some women 1-1,5 weeks before the onset of menstruation begins to feel nauseous. This condition is also accompanied by the following symptoms:
- bouts of vomiting and dizziness,
- fast fatiguability,
- painful sensations in the abdomen (usually the lower abdomen hurts),
- skin rashes,
- change in appetite (it can be either elevated or completely absent)
- depression of the state.
These disorders occur on the background of hormonal changes. These symptoms are not dangerous for women's health and, as a rule, disappear on their own after the onset of menstruation.
Can you feel sick because of pregnancy?
If a woman is not nauseous before menstruation, most likely, it is a question of pregnancy. In the early stages of gestation, an ultrasound examination will not be able to confirm the fact of egg fertilization. To do this, you can use one of the following methods:
- blood donation for analysis, the results of which in the case of fertilization will show the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin,
- pregnancy test - only highly sensitive devices can confirm its attack in the early stages,
- measurement of basal body temperature.
In addition to nausea during pregnancy usually indicate the following signs:
- delay of menstruation,
- destabilization of the psycho-emotional state (frequent changes of mood, tearfulness, irritability),
- fast fatiguability,
- tingling in the uterus,
- hypersomnia (increased drowsiness during the day),
- violation of sleep and wakefulness,
- a change in sexual desire to a greater or lesser side,
- heaviness in the pelvis and lower abdomen,
- changing food habits
- discomfort in the lumbar spine,
- hypersensitivity of the mammary glands,
- hyperosmia (aggravation of smell).
If you suspect a pregnancy, it is recommended to immediately abandon all bad habits: smoking (including passive), the use of any alcohol-containing beverages and narcotic substances. In addition, you must stop taking medications, especially potent. It is possible to resume their use only after permission of the doctor.
Nausea as a symptom of disease
Attacks of nausea before menstruation may be caused by pathological and non-pathological factors. The latter include physical and emotional stress, improper use of hormonal contraceptives. Such a phenomenon can also be caused by poisoning with low-quality products and hangover. The first type of cause of premenstrual nausea is impaired functioning of the internal organs and systems of a woman.
Reproductive system organs
If sick before critical days, perhaps the cause of this phenomenon lies in gynecological problems. Most often this occurs as a result of:
- Incorrect positioning of the uterus. If this organ is shifted back, the nerve endings are subjected to excessive pressure, against the background of which there are painful sensations and nausea.
- Dysmenorrhea. This concept means a pathological process that repeats at regular intervals, characterized by marked pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation. Pain occurs shortly before the onset of menstruation and lasts for the first 2 days. In addition to painful sensations in the abdomen and nausea attacks, dysmenorrhea is accompanied by discomfort in the lumbar spine and inguinal area, increased sweating, disturbed sleep and wakefulness, dizziness, hyperthermia, etc.
Often, nausea before critical days is a consequence of disruption of the digestive organs, namely, dystrophic-inflammatory changes in the gastric mucosa, inflammation of the gallbladder and pancreas. At the same time, nausea may occur on any day of the menstrual cycle, however, this condition is aggravated before the next menstruation.
Exacerbations are explained by the effect on the normal course of the pathological process of hormonal changes. After the onset of menstruation, symptoms of diseases of the digestive organs in most cases subside. In addition to nausea attacks of the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract are also accompanied by other manifestations:
- appetite disturbance,
- failure of the normal bowel movement,
- severe pain in the stomach and pancreas.
Despite the fact that this problem often disappears after menstruation, these symptoms should not be overlooked. If you suspect diseases of the digestive system, it is necessary to see a doctor and, if necessary, take steps to eliminate them.
Endocrine System Organs
Excessive formation of prostaglandin - a hormone that regulates many processes in the female body, inhibits progesterone synthesis. The result is nausea.
Failure of the endocrine system is a very dangerous phenomenon, which in the case of inaction can lead to the development of many serious diseases, such as diabetes and infertility. To avoid this, if you suspect a dysfunction of the thyroid gland, you should immediately contact an endocrinologist. For an accurate diagnosis, the doctor will refer the patient for an examination, the results of which will, if necessary, be prescribed treatment.
How to get rid of nausea?
If this problem is caused by pathological processes in the body, you can get rid of it only after eliminating the cause. For the relief of nausea can not do without the use of drugs. If this phenomenon is provoked by physiological factors, to alleviate the condition, you can resort to the following measures:
- Исключить беременность. Если за последний месяц имели место незащищенные половые акты, при возникновении тошноты в первую очередь необходимо проверить наличие или отсутствие факта зачатия. Для этого можно сделать тест на беременность. However, it is best to immediately contact a gynecologist, who will, with a high degree of probability, determine whether the egg has fertilized, and then give the patient the necessary recommendations to improve her well-being.
- Adjust the power. Before menstruation, many women feel sick because of the abuse of "wrong" food. To get rid of nausea and prevent its occurrence in the future, it is recommended to exclude or minimize the amount of fatty, fried, smoked and spicy dishes. Carbonated drinks, strong tea and coffee should be replaced with clean water and herbal infusions.
- Eliminate excessive exercise. This restriction applies to the period before menstruation. A week before the expected date of its beginning, it is recommended to reduce motor activity. Especially harmful at this time to perform an exercise on lifting weights. During this period, preference is better to give yoga, Pilates and swimming.
- Use drugs or traditional medicine. Exhausting nausea can be stopped with the help of such drugs as Tamipul, No-Spa, Spazmalgon. In some cases, Mastodinon is used to normalize the hormonal background. Herbal extracts based on chamomile, lemon balm, mint will help relieve excessive tension, calm the nerves, and normalize sleep. A prerequisite for the use of pharmacy medicines and products based on natural ingredients is prior approval with your doctor. Self-medication can lead to the development of dangerous consequences for women's health.
- Refuse to take a hot bath, visit the bath and sauna on the eve of menstruation. Staying in conditions of elevated temperature contributes to the reduction of the uterus, as a result of which discomfort and nausea can occur.
Development mechanism and root causes
Changes in hormonal background, which precedes menstruation, affects vegetative functions. The first imbalance of hormones feel the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Depending on the prevalence of the main mechanism, dizziness can be divided before menstruation into two types:
- Peripheral - are the result of the influence of hormonal disorders on the vestibular apparatus and the cerebellum, which are responsible for the coordination of movements. Such violations are most often accompanied by nausea.
- Central - due to electrolyte disorders due to the retention of water and salts, which leads to swelling of brain tissue, resulting in oxygen starvation of nervous tissue.
More premenstrual syndrome suffer from birthless women.
Hormones in girls in pubertal period are always in some chaos, which is why in childhood the first menstrual periods of a failed cycle can lead to significant discomfort before, during, and after menarche.
Most often, the symptoms of PMS in women are the same and cyclical, that is, they appear just a day or two before the beginning of the monthly cycle. A kind of aura allows you to prepare for the onset of bleeding. If the symptoms are expressed, then you should contact your gynecologist to alleviate the condition.
If the attacks are irregular, then the trip to the doctor should be mandatory. Lack of cyclical dizziness before menstruation occurs due to nervous and physical fatigue, astheno-neurotic syndrome after suffering a disease of a somatic or infectious nature. It requires diagnostic search and drug support.
Aura before the menstrual cycle may have the following signs:
- Dizziness, sometimes accompanied by loss of consciousness.
- Low fever - an increase in body temperature to 37.0-37.5 C.
- Can feel sick, sometimes vomiting.
- Megrenous headaches (half of the head, aggravated by loud sound, bright light).
- Slight malaise, weakness, drowsiness and lethargy are all signs of chronic fatigue.
- Emotional lability and increased tearfulness.
- Decrease or increase in pressure.
- The instability of the chair and so on.
An indication of the cyclical nature of the pathological symptoms helps to establish the diagnosis.
It is believed that premenstrual syndrome is the norm, so women rarely go to a doctor. Only under the condition of pronounced violations of the state and significant discomfort during menstruation. This is not an entirely correct approach, since even minor changes in the state can lead to significant disturbances, and the symptoms - the first signs.
The problem of painful periods, bringing significant discomfort, is dealt with by the doctor of the antenatal clinic. The following diagnostic measures are proposed:
- A blood test for female hormones in various stages of the cycle.
- Ultrasound examination of the uterus, appendages.
- In some cases it may be necessary colposcopy, make diagnostic curettage and other methods of research.
In the process of diagnosis, hormonal disorders are revealed, which may be symptoms of various diseases: polycystic ovary, fibromatosis changes of the uterus and others.
Often these diseases cause possible infertility. Strengthening the signs of PM can also occur in the case of pathological pregnancy: tubal fertilization, impaired attachment and implantation of the ovum, and so on. Requires urgent treatment to the gynecologist.
Tactics of treatment of PMS is aimed at relieving its symptoms, in particular dizziness.
Dizziness that occurs before menstruation causes significant discomfort: disability is impaired, is a contraindication for driving vehicles, and so on, so correction of such conditions is necessary.
After exclusion of serious pathologies, if vegetative disturbances are the cause of dizziness, treatment is prescribed. Mostly they use drugs that normalize hormones - they use oral contraceptives, their selection is carried out exclusively by a gynecologist.
For therapy are also used:
- Sedatives and tranquilizers are used directly at the time of the attack to relieve the syndrome.
- Antispasmodics - can improve blood flow by relaxing the muscle wall of blood vessels and relieving muscle tension in the neck.
- Cerebroprotectors and nootropic drugs - carry out the prevention of hypoxia, significantly reduce the central manifestations (nausea, vomiting, fever of central origin, dizziness, headache, etc.).
- Dehydrotherapy - allows to stop attacks in the case of the central genesis of the symptom complex.
To ease the course of the ICP can be folk remedies
Of the most effective folk methods that combat nausea, there are:
- soothing teas with melissa and mint,
- hawthorn infusion,
- infusion of valerian,
- decoction of Hypericum,
- essential oils: camphor, rosemary and others.
Normalization of lifestyle significantly reduces the risk of developing premenstrual syndrome. After the middle of the menstrual cycle, you must prepare for menstruation:
- limit the amount of salt
- limit the amount of fluid (edema warning),
- exclude coffee, alcoholic and tonic drinks,
- walk in the fresh air
- avoid stressful situations, physical surges,
- adequate exercise in the gym, on the dance floor and so on,
- vitaminized diet (to increase the amount of fresh vegetables and fruits in the diet).
Healthy eating is one way to alleviate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
It is recommended to conduct vitamin prevention courses every two years, enriching the body with B, C, E, A and other vitamins. In the diet should be rich in trace elements and minerals, especially iron for the prevention of iron deficiency anemia in the postmenstrual period.
PMS as the bright cause of nausea
Premenstrual syndrome, or more precisely, premenstrual tension syndrome, is a complex internal process in a woman's body that occurs several days (2-10) before the onset of menstrual bleeding.
PMS occurs in many women, and in some the premenstrual syndrome is too pronounced.
PMSaffects such processes of the body as:
- And metabolic-endocrine function.
All changes have a negative effect on a woman’s lifestyle.
Each representative of the fair half can experience the ICP period in different ways. Some suffer from all the "bright" effects of premenstrual days, the second feel their weak echoes.
Not only ladies suffer from PMS. Relatives and relatives also experience a storm of emotions from female behavior these days.
Some cases of premenstrual syndrome require professional intervention. Otherwise, it threatens to be depressed, leading to unforeseen circumstances.
Symptoms of PMS may be as follows:
- Anxiety, stress,
- Feeling nauseous, vomiting,
- Muscle pain
- Weight gain, etc.
With the advent of menstrual bleeding, all symptoms of the syndrome subside.
Previously, the cause of PMS was considered psychological disorders, modern scientists have proved that fluctuations in hormone levels are the basis for changes in a woman’s body during the period of premenstrual syndrome.
Or maybe it's a pregnancy?
Vomiting before menstruation may be due to pregnancy. Symptoms are quite similar to signs of PMS. In addition, if a girl has not previously suffered from premenstrual syndrome, and here it suddenly happened - this could mean
interesting position ladies. Chances are greatly increased if a woman in the middle of the cycle had unprotected sex. Therefore, it is better to confirm or deny your guesses using special devices.
So, what can be used to determine the position of the girl:
- The undoubted leader is a rapid test for the determination of pregnancy. It is available to all segments of the population, is sold in almost every corner of the world and is very easy to use.
As for the price, it is better to give preference to expensive tests. They have greater sensitivity. And some of them give a guarantee to show pregnancy before the delay of menstruation.
- Another early diagnosis of pregnancy is a blood test for hCG. After 10-12 days from conception, there will already be the first results. Blood is donated in any laboratory, it is necessary to come to the analysis on an empty stomach.
Nausea before menstruation due to pregnancy may not be the only sign of an interesting situation.
The following symptoms join:
- A week after conception, the girl may feel dizzy,
- Scanty bleeding,
- Breast swelling and others.
Careful, if the pregnancy is confirmed - it is necessary to carefully consider your health. Pregnancy is not a disease, but extra care about yourself and future offspring will not hurt.
Nausea before menstruation may lie in gynecological problems. There are several reasons for these conditions:
- Abnormal location of the uterus. In some ladies, it is shifted back and presses on the nerve endings, which causes nausea and pain.
- Dysmenorrhea - painful periods. They affect the condition of a woman a few days before the onset of bleeding and continue the first two days of menstruation. Symptoms are as follows: severe pain in the abdomen and lower back, dizziness and nausea, fever and others.
Why is sick: other reasons
Why is sick before menstruation? The first thing that comes to mind is the problems associated with gynecology.
But not everything is so simple, there are other reasons causing such states:
- Hormonal contraceptives. Often a woman takes pills without a doctor's prescription. They can cause side effects in the form of nausea, dizziness and the like. Or not combined with the female body. No matter how it was, it is better to take such drugs under the supervision of an experienced specialist.
- Endocrine Diseases. Malfunctions in the functioning of the thyroid gland can disrupt the hormones of women.
- Nausea before menstruation is possible due to problems in the digestive tract. Chronic diseases such as gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, etc. also provoke discomfort. And since before the menstruation of a woman, all the sores become aggravated - hence the feeling of nausea.
This is a small list of reasons for which failures in the body of a woman.
And besides these, there may be external "pests":
- Physical overload
- Poisoning substandard food,
- Severe stress
- Like that.
Therefore, it becomes clear that it is extremely difficult to identify independently the cause of nausea. And if she gives the girl discomfort on a monthly basis, she cannot do without a doctor's examination.
Ways to eliminate nausea
Nausea before menstruation is a rather unpleasant symptom. And sometimes, it interferes with the life of a woman and requires the normalization of the state.
Dizziness brings discomfort, and even when nauseated in the bargain, I do not want anything, just relieve this tension.
There are simple tips that can help stabilize a girl’s life before menstrual bleeding:
- For a start, it is still worth doing a pregnancy test. If it is not confirmed - go to the next item. If the test shows two strips, consult a gynecologist.
- A week before the estimated monthly to try to minimize physical activity. It is better to give preference to peaceful activities, such as yoga. It will also help to establish friendship with your body and spirit, which is the main road on the path to happiness.
- Change the diet. Remove fat, salty, spicy and smoked. It is better to drink pure non-carbonated water or freshly compote. Food to steam, reduce the consumption of sugary foods. In this way, you will not only get rid of nausea, but also correct your forms. What if you like and want to always eat like that? It will be great, because it is a guarantee of good health.
- If completely unbearable and nausea before menstruation does not give life - visit a specialist. There are plenty of medicines that can alleviate the condition of the girl. And only the doctor knows what is right for you.
Causes of dizziness during the menstrual period
Before menstruation, many women note changes in their mental and physical condition. Some people complain that their back starts to ache, they are poured with a cast-iron weight of their legs, their head aches. Many say that they become irritable, tearful, it is very difficult for them to control themselves. And another sign of the approach of menstruation - the appearance of dizziness.
The image “goes” when you turn your head, “the floor goes out from under your feet” at the most unexpected moment, you should get up from the chair, as the whole body leads to the side. If dizziness occurs during menstruation, the reasons may be different, but most often, experts justify the appearance of discomfort by hormone release.
The first day of menstruation is the day of the onset of bleeding. But for many women, it begins with daubs, scant mucous brownish secretions. Literally one day before the onset of menstruation, the concentration of progesterone and estrogen decreases. These are the main female hormones. As soon as their level falls, the concentration of prostaglandins begins to grow, substances that provoke uterine contraction, as well as stimulate the occurrence of pain.
Usually dizziness, provoked by prostaglandins, is accompanied by severe headache. In addition, the woman feels nauseous, severe weakness, lethargy, her performance decreases.
Experts note that the hormonal imbalance in women disrupts sugar production. Lack of glucose causes a general weakening of the body. Because of this, dizzy during menstruation and a few days before the start of bleeding.
Accumulation of fluid in the tissues
Before menstruation, water-salt metabolism is disturbed. Sodium and water are retained by the kidneys, which leads to swelling of the legs, face, internal organs. Many women note that their fingers seem to swell before menstruation, the lips of the labia increase in volume.
In the premenstrual period, a woman may suffer from dizziness caused by swelling of brain tissue. Due to the fact that the vascular permeability decreases, spasms occur, cerebral circulation is disturbed. Since edema worsens the outflow of cerebrospinal fluid, excess fluid in the skull begins to put pressure on the brain tissue.
The main negative impact is on the posterior cranial fossa. It is in it that the receptors are located, the pressure on which provokes the appearance of dizziness and nausea. That is why before the monthly sick and dizzy. After urinating, it becomes easier for a while.
Sometimes women even notice dramatic relief. As soon as the first blood drops appear on the gasket, it stops aching and dizzy, nausea disappears. But the stomach and the back start to hurt.
Significant blood loss
Nature has conceived in such a way that critical days do not cause special damage to a woman’s blood system. On the contrary, having lost a small part of the blood, the girl's body is being renewed. Специалисты подсчитали, что за пять дней месячных женщина теряет 200-250 мл крови (примерно стакан). Все остальные выделения – слизь, частички эпителия.
Но иногда у женщины отмечаются обильные кровотечения. They can provoke an imbalance of hormones, reduced immunity, inflammatory and infectious diseases. If a woman loses a lot of blood, she develops anemia and dizzy after menstruation.
Dizziness may also be non-systemic, for example, a woman committed high physical or emotional stress during the bleeding period, which led to significant blood loss and disruption of sugar production.
There is a percentage of women who are completely healthy, but who are somehow unable to get pregnant. They have no pathologies of the urinary organs, their partner is absolutely healthy and fertile, they have an active intimate life, but still every cycle, like a clock, comes monthly.
A woman in anticipation of pregnancy becomes irritable, sensitive, easily frustrated over trifles. Over the years, the desire to become pregnant becomes so strong that in each premenstrual period, the girl "sees" signs of pregnancy. Her scent is aggravated, nausea appears. Increases in size and becomes extremely sensitive chest. There are severe dizziness, drowsiness, weakness.
Not all before the month sick and dizzy. Easily inspired women who are obsessed while waiting for pregnancy are more likely to suffer this ailment.
How to get rid of dizziness?
Strongly dizzy? It is best to consult a doctor and take a sick leave for a couple of days so as not to put yourself in danger of falling somewhere on the way to work. At home, some ways are available to women to help alleviate the condition:
- With dizziness, severe headache must lie down. It is desirable to sleep a couple of hours a day in complete silence in a dark room.
- If dizziness occurs when changing the position of the body, it is necessary to stand up slowly, without shaking your head, to avoid sharp turns, jerky movements.
- Breathing exercises will help to relieve an attack of severe dizziness. To do this, you need to sit on a chair, turn your shoulders, straighten your back. Count to yourself “one-two-three” and slowly inhale, then exhale at the expense of “four, five, six”. Exercise is repeated 5-6 times to normalize the state.
If you feel dizzy during menstruation, but there is a need to travel by bus and in transport you became ill, focus on a stationary object, for example, a chair back, not a shiny handhold, do breathing exercises, trying to relax mentally.
Attention! Do not close your eyes, the loss of "support" in the form of a visual object can lead to loss of stability and fall.
If a woman is constantly feeling unwell during her period, she can consult a doctor and pick up medications to relieve dizziness and headache. During menstruation, the girls take the following medications:
- No-shpa, Spazmalgon, Drotaverin, Aspazmik - for relieving muscle spasms, eliminating severe headaches.
- Persen, Afobazol, Grandaxin - to eliminate nervous and emotional overstrain.
- Ferropleks, Sorbifer - for the normalization of blood, to eliminate anemia caused by heavy menstruation.
Regardless of why dizziness during menstruation, it is not advisable to “prescribe” medications for yourself, for example, drink Zeercal. After all, the cause of discomfort can be any disease, which can only be diagnosed by a doctor.
Do not "regulate" hormonal balance by taking special medications. To establish whether the appearance of discomfort depends on the level of hormones, it is necessary to pass a blood test.
Traditional methods of treatment
To reduce the discomfort caused by dizziness, you can:
- Drink soothing teas, tea with chamomile, mint, lemon balm.
- Drink green tea with honey. This is an excellent diuretic to help get rid of edema.
- Perform self-massage of the neck, head and ears. This will help remove the feeling of nausea, restore concentration.
When dizzy during menstruation, sometimes a woman is recommended to drink 30-50 grams of red wine or eat a couple of bars of bitter chocolate to restore hemoglobin levels in the blood.
Causes of Nausea
The main cause of nausea is stomach cramps. Because of them, food, which has already got there, is thrown back into the esophagus. If the spasms are strong enough, then the pressure that is formed causes vomiting and dizziness.
The physiological causes of nausea a week before menstruation are not only spasms, but also the following factors:
- hormonal changes that occur in the female body in the second half of the cycle,
- food or other poisoning,
- overstrain both physical and emotional.
There are also pathological causes of nausea before menstruation. First of all, it is a curvature of the uterus, which can be both congenital and acquired. Such a bend of the uterus is the reason that during its contractions, it squeezes the nerve endings. And the appearance of nausea in this case may be a kind of reaction of the body to such irritations.
Nausea before menstruation and pregnancy
The first sign that nausea, accompanied by dizziness, may indicate pregnancy, is the fact that before that the premenstrual syndrome always had no unpleasant symptoms. The most unpleasant thing in this situation is that at such an early period it is still impossible to confirm the presence of a pregnancy with an ultrasound. But when in doubt, for example, with unprotected sexual intercourse in recent times, you can do a test and pass tests for hCG. This human chorionic gonadotropin occurs in the blood only during pregnancy, as the hormone is produced by the germ tissue.
And although nausea and dizziness before menstruation do not always signal the conception of a child, a woman, until she accurately ascertains the reasons for the onset of such symptoms, should follow a certain regimen. After all, it is in the first weeks after conception that many vital organs and systems of the baby are laid. Reviews of gynecologists say that the likelihood of pregnancy in such a situation is very high, so it is recommended to stop drinking, smoking, most drugs, for a while before taking the tests, to eliminate heavy loads and stresses.
Other causes of nausea
Sometimes the appearance of nausea before menstruation is not related to the female reproductive system and the processes taking place there. If, in addition to nausea, chills, diarrhea or other abnormal stools are present, it may be food poisoning or alcohol intoxication. In this case, along with diarrhea, the body tries to get rid of the stimulus.
It happens that diarrhea, nausea and vomiting did not end with the onset of menstrual flow, then it could be gastritis, an ulcer or pancreatitis. Also, nausea and dizziness before menstruation can provoke diseases of the ear and vestibular apparatus, thyroid gland pathology.
With excessive physical exertion in the period before the onset of menstruation, exercises can provoke small changes in the location of the uterus, which will cause its impact on the spinal column. Pressure on the spinal cord can cause many unpleasant symptoms, including nausea, dizziness, and chills.
Occasionally, nausea before menstruation causes such causes as problems in the psychological sphere. Usually this applies to women who are accustomed to appear weak and cry for almost any reason. All of this in general has a negative effect on the body and can cause the appearance of unpleasant symptoms before the onset of menstruation. If nausea and dizziness appear quite often, and no other reasons are found, then you should probably visit a psychotherapist.
Quite rare causes of nausea before menstruation include abrupt climate change, and then this may be accompanied by chills, or changes in the daily regimen or rhythm of life.
The first premenstrual syndrome in girls
Nausea before the onset of menses is quite often in adolescents at a time when the cycle is only normalizing. In the first few cycles, do not worry about any diseases or abnormalities if nausea and dizziness appear. Usually after 1-2 years, when the menstrual cycle is completely normal, these symptoms will disappear. Although some of them will remain for life.
Also, nausea during the first menstruation may indicate that the muscles only get used to contractions in the reproductive system. In this case, nausea is a sign that the body is sensitive.
Slightly stronger symptoms may occur in those girls who exercise regularly. In this case, gynecologists in their reviews recommend reducing the load in the premenstrual period.
How to relieve your condition?
First you need to check if there is a pregnancy and see if the unpleasant symptoms remain after the onset of menstruation. If diseases are excluded, then it is worth normalizing your lifestyle. When the organism is affected by few negative factors, then all processes in it proceed normally, and the organs and systems function, as it should be.
After the pregnancy test is done and it becomes clear that it is not the cause of nausea, you can take medications. In this case, the gynecologist may prescribe sedatives, anti-stomach cramps, or relieving headaches.
If problems appear almost every cycle, then before menstruation, you can alleviate your condition by starting a special diet in about a week. Reducing fatty, smoked, spicy and fried foods, as well as an increase in cereals and other complex carbohydrates will contribute to an increase in serotonin. Increased fiber intake normalizes bowel function, which reduces the feeling of nausea and helps to normalize stools. Carbonated drinks and coffee can contribute to the appearance of heartburn and other unpleasant symptoms, so their number should be significantly reduced.
Usually, in their reviews, doctors recommend coming to the reception after the appearance of 2-3 cases of nausea. If, after testing, no abnormalities are found, then you should simply reduce the unpleasant symptoms and hope that it will pass by itself.
How to alleviate the condition before menstruation
As can be seen from the above, there are a lot of reasons that can cause discomfort before menstruation. That is why you should know about ways to help improve the condition and overcome nausea.
Of course, now there are many medications that can ease menstrual pain and remove cramps, but you should always consult with your doctor before using them.
The easiest and most effective way to alleviate the condition before the menstrual period is to adjust the daily diet (you should exclude fatty, spicy foods, eat lean meat, fruits and vegetables). Drink more fluids, walk in the air, be sure to sleep a lot. Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
And if pregnancy
If earlier you didn’t have nausea and weakness before menstruation, then this is a serious reason to suspect pregnancy, because many women in the situation suffer from toxicosis precisely in the early stages. In order to exclude pregnancy, you can donate blood for hCG or use a pregnancy test.
However, it is worth noting that the tests are best done immediately after the onset of the delay. A blood test to determine the level of hCG is carried out in any laboratory, and its cost is not at all great.
In addition to the above reasons, nausea before menstruation can be caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, iron deficiency anemia and other diseases. That is why, if you are experiencing such a condition for the first time - this should be the reason for going to a doctor.
Nauseous before menstruation - is it a pregnancy?
An unpleasant feeling of nausea is periodically experienced by all people. It appears for various reasons and indicates some changes in the body. Since nausea is not a disease, but a symptom of a specific problem, there is no sense in treating it. You just need to identify why it appears.
Some women complain that they regularly experience nausea. This happens in the second half of the menstrual cycle. Is this normal? What if nauseous before menstruation?
Nausea before menstruation may be felt due to various circumstances. Each woman is individual and everyone has a different level of health. But the main reasons can be divided into three reasons why sick before menstruation:
- non-gynecological causes.
When it's all about ICP
What is PMS, many of the weaker sex know firsthand. Very often, women experience this condition regularly. Someone has premenstrual syndrome almost a week before the appearance of blood, and someone feels it directly on the day of the expected menstruation.
If nausea before menstruation is part of premenstrual syndrome, other symptoms may also accompany it:
- abdominal pain,
- increase / decrease in appetite,
- emotional depression, etc.
Such disorders occur due to hormonal changes. The hormones estrogen and progesterone are responsible for the processes of favorable childbearing in the woman’s body. Their relationship to each other plays a very important role and is reflected in the well-being of the “mistress”.
Before the onset of menstruation, the level of these hormones increases significantly, since the uterus is ready for implantation of a fertilized egg. If the fertilization process does not occur, the progesterone level drops dramatically, and the estrogen remains in the same amount as before. Such a sharp drop in hormones can provoke a deterioration in the condition of a woman.
How to distinguish pregnancy from PMS?
If a woman has not previously experienced such phenomena as dizziness and nausea before menstruation, and then they suddenly appeared - the reason may not be in the PMS.
The above symptoms of premenstrual syndrome are very similar to the manifestations of pregnancy. Indeed, pregnancy is easily confused with PMS, especially before a monthly delay. If there is reason to believe that a woman is pregnant (for example, there was unprotected sex in the middle of the cycle), you can check this.
On such a short time gynecological examination and ultrasound diagnostics are not yet informative. In this case, a woman can determine pregnancy in two ways:
- do a pregnancy test
- give a blood test for hCG.
If you do a pregnancy test, it is better to buy one that is more expensive. It has better sensitivity and can detect pregnancy a few days before menstruation.
A more accurate result will show a blood test for the level of the hormone HCG. 10 days after conception, this study is very likely to give a reliable result.
It is important to remember that when a pregnancy is suspected, a woman should be as careful as possible. After all, just at such an early term, a live embryonic embryo is most vulnerable. And there are a lot of factors capable of adversely affecting its development and even life:
- sports training
- substandard food, etc.
Other causes of nausea
Nausea, weakness, dizziness and similar disorders are not always associated with gynecology. This condition can occur, for example, in the following cases:
- poisoning by food or alcohol,
- excessive physical exertion
- manifestations of other diseases.
But since the body is weakened before the menstrual period, the symptoms of nausea arising for these reasons are especially acute.
In case of poisoning with poor-quality food or drinks, the body may react with nausea and vomiting. Thus he gets rid of harmful toxins, cleansing and not allowing them to penetrate deeper.
Active sports or hard chores on the eve of menstruation can also cause nausea, dizziness, and rapid fatigue. This is due to the fact that with intensive load, the uterus of a woman presses on the spinal region, and this causes discomfort.
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are manifested just by such signs as vomiting, upset stool, dizziness, nausea, etc. If your periods have passed and the condition does not improve, it would be good to consult a gastroenterologist for advice. Perhaps a woman develops gastritis, pancreatitis, or another disease.
What to do so as not to suffer?
In order to slightly alleviate her condition, a woman may use some recommendations.
- Exclude pregnancy. First of all, when nausea occurs (especially if this problem has not bothered before), it is important to make sure that the woman is not pregnant. If pregnancy nevertheless has come - urgently to the gynecologist for further instructions.
- Adjust the diet and drink. Fatty, spicy, smoked, fried foods can only aggravate the situation. The same goes for drinks. Нужно исключить газировку, кислые соки, «крашенные» напитки, содержащие множество вредных веществ. Употребление чистой воды, некрепкого чая и приготовленной правильным образом пищи может немного разгрузить организм.
- Уменьшить нагрузку. Before the critical days you should not plan a spring-cleaning or sweat in the gym. Better a couple of days before menstruation to unload yourself as much as possible, both physically and emotionally. Experiencing can also be a cause of ailments, so unloading the nervous system will undoubtedly benefit.
- Visit a specialist. There are lots of medications that clean up nausea. So why endure discomfort if you can get rid of them? If a woman is constantly nauseous before menstruation, why not ask a doctor for help? Since all drugs have a number of contraindications and side effects, only a doctor should prescribe them. Assessing the patient's condition, he can prescribe a drug that helps to forget about nausea on the eve of menstruation.
Monthly nausea: causes
Many women face nausea before menstruation or during menstruation. Someone at this time appears vomiting, severe weakness, dizzy. Is this normal? What makes you sick during your period?
Such a state of particular concern can be caused by those who previously calmly endured menstruation without major changes in their state of health. What can say nausea before menstruation?
Premenstrual syndrome is one of the most common reasons why it is so bad before menstruation. Its manifestations may appear as a few hours, and a couple of days before the start of menstrual bleeding.
The fact that he is the cause of poor health can be judged by the following signs:
- In addition to nausea and vomiting, there are other signs of the syndrome: weakness, dizziness, pain in the lower abdomen, swelling or tenderness of the breast, decreased or increased appetite, mood changes often, I want to cry or everything is annoying, pimples appear. In most cases, there are only a few signs listed above.
- This condition is observed monthly or almost every month at the same time - before menstruation.
- During menstruation or immediately after them, the state normalizes.
Although for many women PMS has become almost the norm, in fact, menstruation is a natural phenomenon, therefore it should be well tolerated by the body. What, then, is nausea and dizziness?
Reasons why nausea occurs during menstruation:
- Changes in hormone levels. During the menstrual cycle, the body, in fact, prepares for pregnancy, but if it does not come, the level of progesterone drops sharply, which triggers the restructuring of the hormonal system to start a new cycle. This is a normal phenomenon and should not be strongly felt. But if the body is weakened and because of this it is very sensitive to the action of hormones, or the amount of hormones produced is different from the norm, such differences will be felt very strongly.
- Incorrect or unusual anatomical structure of internal genital organs. For example, if the uterus is rejected back, the periods are usually painful and are accompanied by nausea from the very first menstruation.
- Inflammatory processes or adhesions. After hypothermia, complications of an infectious disease, venereal diseases, pain may occur during menstruation and other symptoms of PMS, even if they have never happened before.
- Physical or emotional overload. In a depleted organism, many processes go wrong, including hormonal changes.
What makes you sick during your period
If nausea before menstruation is associated with premenstrual syndrome, in most cases it passes with the onset of menstruation. But what does it mean if the menstruation is already going, and the state of health remains the same or has deteriorated?
Here are two reasons why when menstruation is very sick and dizzy:
- Serotonin boost.
- Excessive fluid content in the body (this may cause slight swelling on the face or feet).
These factors lead to an increase in intracranial pressure and impaired blood circulation throughout the body, especially in the brain. This causes headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting.
But not always nausea during menstruation says about some problems, even if you feel it for the first time. This may be a sign of pregnancy. In order to exclude or confirm this option, you must pass the analysis for hCG or do a pregnancy test.
To suspect that nausea during menstruation is associated with the imminent addition to the family, it is possible in such cases:
- Before such a state has never been observed.
- During the last or previous month there was at least one sexual intercourse (even if this used methods of protection against pregnancy).
- Menstruation began about two weeks later.
- The amount of blood is much less than usual volume.
- Nausea, vomiting, dizziness are repeated several days in a row in the morning.
The reason why before menstruation sharply becomes very bad can be a pathological course of pregnancy. In the case of ectopic or frozen pregnancy, if the fetus dies at a time when the woman does not know that fertilization has occurred, bleeding may appear, similar to another menstruation. At the same time, the stomach is almost always very painful, there may be clots or pieces in the blood, bleeding in time may not coincide with the expected monthly periods.
In this case, an urgent need to go to the hospital for an emergency operation that will save a woman's life.
What can cause nausea after menstruation?
As well as nausea before menstruation, nausea after them may be due to the incorrect position of the uterus. In this case, the aching pain is usually felt in the lower abdomen or in the lower back.
Poor health after critical days may be due to the fact that during menstruation a woman was actively exercising in the gym, lifting weights. During exercise, the pressure of paravertebral tissues on the spinal cord increases, which is undesirable during menstruation.
Other reasons why sick before menstruation and after them may be pregnancy, hormonal disruptions, hormonal contraceptives or other drugs. In any case, if nausea is severely expressed, it would not be superfluous to consult a gynecologist and undergo a thorough examination.