Beets when breastfeeding
Maternal nutrition is an important aspect of breastfeeding. During this period, you need to carefully select products for the diet, avoiding the potentially dangerous food for the crumbs. Beets when breastfeeding is a very controversial product. On the one hand, the vegetable is rich in vitamins and fiber, which is useful for a woman, and on the other hand, bright coloring and a laxative effect cause concern. Is beetle allowed for a nursing mother during the GW period? In what form is it, so as not to bring harm to the child?
The benefits and harms of beets when breastfeeding
There are two main reasons why moms are afraid to eat beets during the period of GW:
- Pronounced laxative effect.
- Bright red vegetable color.
The first point is explained by the presence of a large amount of fiber and pectin in the composition of beets. Yes, mom, who ate beetroot salad, may feel a laxative effect, but this child will not affect in any way. Vegetable is digested in the body, and only metabolic products get into the blood, and from the blood they pass into breast milk. They will not cause intestinal upset in a child. Many women, on the contrary, note that regular consumption of a moderate amount of beets can reduce colic in an infant.
Often, a woman who has given birth faces problems such as constipation, hemorrhoids, cracks and sutures in the perineum. All these diseases require timely emptying of the intestines and normal stool, which is difficult to achieve after birth. Beets, as an excellent natural laxative, copes well with the problems of irregular stool, while many laxatives are prohibited in HB.
The second point is also not cause for concern. The red pigment the root vegetable is rich in is not a pronounced allergen. Of course, there is a possible risk of allergies, but this is rather an individual reaction of a particular child. To prevent unwanted allergies in the newborn, do not eat beets in the first month of breastfeeding.
Now, when the myths about the red root are dispelled, one should pay attention to what else the beets have during the breastfeeding.
- The iron content in the vegetable will be a good prevention of anemia.
- Iodine ensures the normal functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Vitamins of group B, C, E help mom to preserve youth and beauty, participate in the restoration of the body after childbirth, improve the body's resistance to viruses and infections, strengthen blood vessels.
- Magnesium is involved in metabolic processes, and is also necessary for the stable operation of the heart muscle.
Due to the fact that beets are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, as well as an excellent natural mild laxative, we can say that it is very useful for breastfeeding.
However, eating beets on HBs should be done with caution, not forgetting that each child is different and an allergic reaction is still possible.
Which beet to prefer - raw or boiled
GW is better to eat boiled beets, since all raw vegetables in the mother's diet can cause colic and gas in crumbs. You can make a salad from a boiled vegetable or eat it just like that, cut into slices. It is also good to add beets to stewed vegetables or stews. Baked in foil root vegetable will also be useful to a young mother.
Raw beets are not recommended also because it requires careful processing of the root. It is necessary to thoroughly wash the vegetable, cut off the skin. When unfair treatment on the surface of the fetus can remain bacteria and dirt, which, once in the intestine, will cause severe poisoning or infection with parasites.
Can nursing mother soup
Often moms ask if you can eat borscht on GW. Sure you may! Borscht or beetroot soup is a great opportunity to have a hearty and tasty meal without harming the child. In addition to the beet there are a lot of different vegetables and meat, which also need to be chosen carefully. Meat should be low-fat varieties, and vegetables should be used fresh, not canned. Due to the fact that all the ingredients are well cooked, the child is not threatened with colic. There are several nuances of cooking borscht on GW:
- You can not add fat and choose fatty meats for broth.
- Before adding vegetables to borsch, it is better not to overcook them, but stew them with a little added vegetable oil.
- You can not add spicy seasonings and garlic.
- You can fill borsch with sour cream no higher than 10% fat.
Can beets in the form of fresh juice? This question also sometimes arises in young moms. Not everyone likes to eat vegetables in its purest form. Sometimes it is faster to squeeze and drink a glass of juice in order to benefit from a particular product. In this case, you should not go the easy way. A nursing mother who watches over her food should not consume risky foods, which include all freshly squeezed juices, including beetroot. Due to the concentrated content of substances, juice can negatively affect a woman’s digestion and is more likely to cause an allergy in a child.
How many beets can be nursing mom
If mom eats beetroot for the first time, then the portion should be very small - no more than 30-40 g (several slices of boiled vegetable). After eating, it is necessary to observe the baby and his state of health within 48 hours. If there is no negative reaction, you can gradually increase the amount of beet eaten to 100-200 g per day.
Who is the beet is contraindicated
Despite the fact that the red root crop is a storehouse of benefits and vitamins, there are a number of people who better to refrain from using it.
Beets can not eat if:
- A lactating woman or a newborn baby suffers from food allergies to vegetables.
- Mom has a liver or stomach disease.
- There are diseases of the urinary system and kidneys.
During breastfeeding, you need to become picky about food, choosing only healthy and safe products. In order not to bring harm to the child, it is enough to observe moderation in portions and properly cook the beets. In this case, both mother and baby will benefit from the root crop.
Can nursing mother beets?
Mankind has long been familiar with the dark brown root and appreciated its rich in minerals and vitamins fabric. Biologically active substances contained in vegetables help the body to work in the processing of food, and a light bactericidal effect helps to fight harmful bacteria. A large amount of iron makes it possible to cope with many ailments, and with anemia, beets can be a real panacea. A solid amount of iodine guarantees rhythmic functioning of the thyroid gland and prevents disruptions in the endocrine system. No wonder Hippocrates, the generally recognized founder of medicine, called beetroot one of the types of full-fledged medicines and widely used the root crop as a means of healing. This always raises the question of whether it is possible to eat beets when breastfeeding, as the children's digestive system can be upset by excessive consumption of this product. Observing rationality can not be afraid of negative consequences.
Beets when breastfeeding
Many fear that during the period of breastfeeding, ingestion of beets can lead to a deterioration of the baby’s well-being. This bias is based on the assurance that red foods during lactation cause allergic reactions. The centuries-old popular experience says that red color, as a rule, confirms the presence of aggressive substances in the product, which may well cause allergies. However, beets are the happy exception and may well be the main product in the diet of a nursing woman. However, one should not forget about the ancient wisdom saying that everything is medicine and everything is poison, the main thing is respect for proportions. Excessive fanaticism may well lead to unforeseen consequences. Boiled beets in small doses can make a woman’s milk more saturated with useful minerals and vitamins.
Important. Eating boiled beets is not only possible but necessary. The main thing is to learn correctly, choose a dose and make the diet more diverse.
From what month can beets when breastfeeding
Any nutritionist always gives a positive answer to the question of using beets when choosing the diet of a nursing mother. However, one should make a reservation that during this period the product should always be used exclusively boiled. It is necessary to follow a few simple rules in order not to harm your baby.
1. Remember that even the most healthy foods can carry pathogens, so always choose vegetables carefully.
2. In order to avoid negative consequences, always boil the root vegetable before eating.
3. Remember that the baby’s immune system is not ready for serious tests, so do not eat beets, too much.
4. Breast-fed beet salad is best flavored with a small amount of unrefined olive oil.
Red root vegetables can be used for food at any age of a child; one should only strictly adhere to rational norms of nutrition.
What is useful beets when breastfeeding
In order to remove the last doubts, it is necessary to more carefully consider the positive properties of beets, which can enhance the health of women and children. Mom's tissues receive a substantial supply of trace elements and vitamins, which necessarily get into the milk. An iron-rich product stimulates the production of a sufficient amount of hemoglobin, which will not allow anemia to develop. It should be remembered that being in a natural state, all the vitamins and trace elements entering the body are absorbed in exactly those doses that are needed for the construction of tissues, and the use of artificial ones may well lead to dangerous situations associated with overdose.
Receipt of iodine will prevent problems associated with malfunction of the thyroid gland. Boiled beets with garlic in small quantities will be an excellent barrier to pathogenic microbes and will help dramatically improve the body's resistance. Many people are afraid to use beetroot because of the laxative effect it has on an adult’s body. However, practical experience shows that for a baby, he rather serves as a stimulator of the normalization of the digestive system.
Important. The correct dosage of boiled beets in the mother's diet will help relieve the baby from constipation and lead to better work of the gastrointestinal tract.
When breastfeeding the issue of nutrition is always very acute. Do not limit yourself and the child, for fear of unexpected consequences. By making the diet varied, the mother helps to shape the body of her baby correctly. Try to bring in all the food products, but strictly observing the proportions. If sharp pains or allergies appear, you should exclude the most aggressive products or reduce their quantity, but you should not completely abandon the use of beet or other nutrients. It is necessary to teach a child to a rich diet from an early age - in this case he will grow up healthy and strong.
Benefits and contraindications
Useful properties of beet:
- Low calorie - 40 Kcal, which certainly will appreciate women who want to lose weight.
- It has a mild laxative effect on the body. For many nursing mothers, the topic of constipation is relevant. Beets - one of the means of preventing violations of the chair. Its regular use normalizes the work of the intestine. You should know that on the body of the baby beets, eaten by mom, a laxative effect will not have. Therefore, diarrhea and dehydration in infants in this case is not threatened.
- In the root is a lot of fiber, which cleans our intestines from putrefactive bacteria and slags.
- Regular inclusion of vegetables in the diet reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood, and also normalizes blood pressure.
- Beetroot is a favorite liver vegetable. The filtering function of the liver is restored under the action of the beet substance betaine. In addition, the vegetable has hematopoietic properties.
- A high iron content will prevent anemia and raise the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Folic acid will improve the blood supply to the brain and mother and baby, as well as have a beneficial effect on the nervous system of both.
Harmful properties of beets:
- Crude root vegetable in large quantities can cause diarrhea and dehydration.
- You can not eat beets with osteoporosis. It interferes with the normal absorption of calcium by the body.
- A large amount of sucrose carbohydrate (25%) makes this vegetable forbidden for diabetics.
- Beets are contraindicated in diseases of the stomach, liver, kidneys and other organs of the urinary system.
Despite the “rule of the traffic light”, the bright beet pigment is not an allergen, which allows it to be removed from the list of prohibited products for HBV.
When can I eat beets with HB?
So, when can a nursing mother eat beets? It is advisable to postpone the use of beets to 2 months of life of the baby. There are several reasons for this:
- Root can cause allergies in the newborn.
- Because of beet, babies have bouts of intestinal colic.
Tips for breastfeeding mothers:
- In the first month, do not eat a root vegetable at all. Start eating beets 2 months after giving birth.
- For the very first time, eat no more than 1 tablespoon of boiled beets. Observe the condition of the crumbs during the day.
- Do not eat raw beets. This product is too heavy for the body of the baby and can cause disorder of its digestive system. Boil the root vegetable in water and steamed or baked in the oven.
- Do not drink raw beet juice.
- Do not abuse the product: eat beet in the form of a vinaigrette or borscht. There, his concentration will be low.
- Do not eat more than 100-200 grams of vegetable in its pure form per day.
- Dress salads with sour cream, low-fat yogurt, vegetable oils. Do not use mayonnaise, ketchup or other sauces.
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly before cooking.
- Try not to use various seasonings, limit to salt and bay leaf.
Recipes dishes with beets for nursing mothers
Recommended after 2 months of life.
Ingredients: 1 medium beet, 3 potatoes, 1 small onion, 1 small carrot, meat non-fat broth, bay leaf, salt.
Preparation: Prepare meat stock in advance (from chicken breast, beef, or rabbit meat). Clean all the vegetables. Dice onions, potatoes and beets. Carrot grate on a coarse grater. Put all vegetables in boiling broth, salt them, add bay leaf. After boiling, remove the foam, reduce the heat and cover the soup with a lid. Extinguish it until ready.
Many are interested in, is it possible for a nursing mother borscht with beets and cabbage? You can cook soup and with the addition of white cabbage. It is important that each new product was introduced into the diet of the mother separately.
Recommended after 5 months of life.
Ingredients: 1 medium carrot, 2 potatoes, 1 beet, 1 onion, 200 grams of canned peas, vegetable oil, salt.
Preparation: wash the potatoes, carrots and beets. Boil them in uniform. Cool and peel all the vegetables. Cut into cubes. Add peas to vegetables. Mix everything. Season the salad with oil, salt and mix again.
Some people like to add garlic to salads. In garlic, there is nothing dangerous for the baby, except for one thing: a spicy smell can get into breast milk. If you eat a lot of garlic, then the baby can completely abandon the mother's milk.
Watch a video on how to bake beets in the oven:
Let's sum up
Boiled beets with HB are a healthy vegetable, rich in vitamins and microelements. Unfortunately, in the first 2 months after giving birth, eating boiled beets during lactation is undesirable, as it causes bloating of the tummy in babies. When the second month of the child’s life passes, the mother can eat boiled beet salad, beetroot soup, as well as first courses.
Beets when breastfeeding
The milk of a nursing mother delivers the baby everything necessary for its growth and development in the first six months after birth. Thanks to him, he receives nutrients, vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. For a woman to be able to provide her baby with good nutrition, her diet must be made healthy and varied. Vegetables must be included in the mom's menu when breastfed. And beets are usually no exception.
The substances entering the mother's body affect the composition and nutritional value of breast milk.
Table: Nutritional Value of Raw Root and Beet Leaves
(the table shows the number of substances calculated per 100 g of the product, and their% of the recommended daily allowance for a nursing woman)
Beet, like most vegetables, low-calorie product. This will be a positive side for a woman trying to lose weight after giving birth. There is relatively little water and nutrients in it, but there is a rather large amount of dietary fiber, especially in the leaves.
Таблица: содержание основных витаминов, макро- и микроэлементов в сыром корнеплоде и листьях свёклы и их польза для малыша и мамы
(в таблице указано среднее количество нутриентов, рассчитанное на 100 г соответствующего продукта, и их % от рекомендуемой суточной нормы для кормящей женщины)
- необходим для роста и развития,
- обеспечивает здоровье кожи и заживление повреждений,
- supports visual function
- need for reproductive and immune systems
- protects the body from the action of free radicals.
- participates in the metabolism
- ensures the functioning of the nervous system
- slows down the aging process
- need for digestion and cardiovascular activity,
- normalizes appetite.
- has a beneficial effect on the nervous and digestive systems,
- helps to restore the skin and mucous membranes,
- necessary for the formation of enzymes
- helps in transporting oxygen,
- It has a positive effect on eye health.
- involved in digestion,
- necessary to create nucleic acids and protein
- provides the correct growth and division of cells,
- supports bone marrow function
- protects the cardiovascular system.
- provides blood clotting
- strengthens the walls of small blood vessels
- suppresses inflammatory processes
- helps prevent allergic reactions
- necessary for the absorption of iron.
- regulates blood clotting,
- participates in the metabolism
- protects against toxins.
- maintains the skin in good condition
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels
- improves the nervous system.
- prevents the formation of edema
- normalizes the contraction of the heart muscle,
- participates in the transmission of nerve impulses,
- regulates metabolism, osmotic pressure and water-salt balance.
- provides healthy bone and teeth
- involved in blood clotting and cell division,
- necessary for muscle contraction, including the heart,
- involved in the formation of enzymes and hormones
- helps to fight stress, is necessary for the nervous system.
- needed for the central nervous system,
- affects the metabolism
- regulates the formation of bone cells,
- involved in digestion,
- essential for the cardiovascular system
- helps to absorb calcium and potassium,
- activates the production of protective antibodies.
- participates in the metabolism
- necessary for the nervous system,
- involved in water-salt balance.
- necessary for the formation of teeth and bones,
- need for metabolism
- affects the nervous system,
- regulates acid-base balance
- involved in cell division.
- is part of many enzymes, hormones and red blood cells,
- contributes to the supply of cells with oxygen,
- affects the immune system.
- participates in blood formation,
- needed for the nervous system
- supports the activity of vitamins in the body,
- necessary for immunity.
- participates in the synthesis of red blood cells and hemoglobin,
- helps suppress inflammatory processes
- provides insulin work.
The positive impact of beets on mom and child
Since beets contain quite a lot of nutrients, its use has a beneficial effect on breast milk. Beet leaves richer in composition than the root. In 100 g of this product there is a huge amount of vitamin K (3 times more than the demand per day), beta-carotene there are 3/4 parts from the norm, a quarter or more of retinol and ascorbic acid, significant potassium indicators. The remaining substances are also contained in large quantities. In the root is the body needs folic acid and manganese, as well as other vitamins and elements. If a nursing mother consumes beets, with her milk, the baby gets a lot of nutrients. They contribute to the maintenance of his health and beneficially affect the body of the woman herself.
Beets contain dietary fiber, due to which it often has a laxative effect.
A considerable content of dietary fiber in the vegetable helps in the gastrointestinal tract. Fiber contributes to the development of beneficial microflora and helps to avoid constipation, as it increases peristalsis (contraction of the walls) of the intestine.
The laxative effect of eating beets is often related to how the woman's body reacts to the incoming dietary fiber. This feature of the product may not affect the baby at all. But in order to avoid possible negative consequences for the child, you should not eat vegetables at once in large quantities.
In the beet there is a biologically active substance betaine. This trimethyl derivative of glycine is trimethylglycine. Betaine has hepatoprotective properties, that is, protects the liver and helps it perform its functions, increases the production of bile. He also participates in the metabolism, biochemical processes, affects the proper formation of DNA. Betaine reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, as it is involved in the correction of homocysteine levels. It protects cells from dehydration, which has a beneficial effect on the skin. This property finds its application in cosmetology. There is evidence that betaine prevents the formation of cancer cells in the body.
Potential harm beets
With all the benefits of beets, it happens that children react to this product and the manifestation of quite unpleasant symptoms. This may be due to individual intolerance to the vegetable or hypersensitivity to some of its components. Sometimes intolerance occurs due to the fact that the baby’s body still lacks digestive enzymes to absorb the incoming substances. An allergic reaction is often manifested by anxiety, redness of the skin, rashes, diaper rash, swelling of the mucous membranes and eyelids. The child may experience abdominal pain and increased flatulence, there are streaks of mucus in the liquid stool. Beetroot also has sucrose, which decomposes in the body to fructose and glucose. In some children and adults, these substances can cause symptoms similar to allergic manifestations.
With a lack of enzymes to digest some of the components of the beets, the baby may have intestinal colic.
Often unscrupulous producers in the cultivation of vegetables use a large amount of fertilizer. For example, ammonium sulfate can also trigger an allergic reaction in a child, if he already has an intolerance to sulfates. And an excessive amount of nitrates in the root, in general, can cause poisoning, manifested by nausea, loose stools, abdominal pain and fever.
If the mother noticed any negative manifestations in the baby after the introduction of beets into her diet, she should immediately stop eating vegetables and consult a pediatrician for advice.
When a beet comes to the table not from its own garden, but is bought in a store or on the market, parents should pay attention to its quality. If there are doubts about the safety of the product, it is better to ask the seller to provide the appropriate documents for this product.
How and when can be introduced into the diet of a nursing mother beet
For many moms, beetroot is a familiar product that is part of some salads and soups. But to enter the vegetable into your diet when breastfeeding should still carefully and gradually. If the baby is completely healthy, he is not tormented by intestinal colic, it can be done in the first month after his birth.
When introducing beets into their menu, a nursing woman should follow the rules:
- The child should not have any allergic manifestations within two weeks before the sample of the vegetable.
- You must start using the product with a small portion (about 30 g of boiled beets or 100 ml, for example, borscht).
- Do not enter immediately more than one new dish in your menu. Otherwise, if an allergic reaction occurs, you can not understand the root cause.
- Within 2-3 days it is necessary to monitor the baby.
- If the baby feels good, the portion increases gradually.
- Plates of soup or one small boiled beet once every few days will be quite enough.
In the first months of a baby’s life, it’s better not to buy raw beets in raw form, as it may contain nitrates or other harmful substances. When cooking vegetables, their concentration in the product drops, which makes the root crop safer for the child. If the beets from your garden, you can use it in its raw form (only in small quantities).
The feeding mother should gradually introduce beets into her diet, starting with a small piece
Of course, during heat treatment, some useful substances remain unchanged, and some are lost or remain in the broth. Vitamins A, D, E, K tolerate high temperatures well. But a quarter of the B vitamins and more than half of ascorbic acid can be destroyed. The vitamins remaining in safety, as well as mineral substances (potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, copper, manganese) partially remain in the beets, and partly pass into the decoction. This should be remembered to minimize losses.
Here are some tips for cooking vegetables:
- Put the beets in the already boiling water,
- It is desirable to reduce the time of heat treatment of food,
- if there is a better way to cook or bake the whole root vegetable,
- It is recommended to cook beets in a small amount of water with the lid closed,
- Frozen vegetables should not be thawed before cooking.
It is advisable to avoid long-term storage of cooked food. Well, when it comes straight from the stove to the table. If food needs to be left for some time in the refrigerator, it is necessary to cool it as soon as possible. It is not recommended to store ready-made beets for more than a day.
Beetroot leaf beet
- a piece of beef,
- beets 1 pc.,
- carrots 1 pc.,
- potatoes 2-3 pieces,
- beet leaves 1 bunch,
- a few green onion feathers
- onions 1 pc.,
- pepper and bay leaf to taste
- butter (better than butter)
- salt to taste
- Cook the beef broth.
- Peel and wash vegetables.
- Beets cut into strips.
- Chop green onions with leaves of beet.
- Dice potatoes, onions and carrots.
- Onions and carrots slightly browned in butter.
- Put potatoes and beets in broth, cook almost until ready (15–20 minutes).
- Next, add beet leaves and greens, onions with carrots, salt, pepper, bay leaf, boil for 5 minutes.
- For completeness, you can give the beetroot brew for an hour.
- Serve with sour cream.
Simple beetroot salad
- beets 1 pc.,
- salt to taste
- sugar 1 tsp,
- lemon juice 1 tsp,
- vegetable oil (can be olive) 1 tablespoon.
- Beets, wash and boil in their skins until tender.
- Peel it and rub on a large grater.
- Add salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir, leave for 10 minutes.
- Fill with oil. Salad can be decorated with greens.
Raw beetroot and cabbage salad
- beets 1 pc.,
- white cabbage 150 g,
- vegetable oil (can be olive) 1 tablespoon,
- lemon juice 1 tablespoon,
- sugar and salt to taste.
- Beets clean and wash.
- Grate it for Korean carrot.
- Cabbage cut into strips or cubes, grind with salt, mix with beet.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and vegetable oil, mix.
- The dish can be decorated with fresh herbs.
Salad from beet and Adyghe cheese
- 1 small boiled beets,
- Adygei cheese 50 g,
- vegetable oil (can be olive) 2 teaspoons,
- parsley or dill 1 sprig,
- some garlic to taste
- salt to taste
- Crumble the cheese pieces, mix with chopped garlic. Lay on the bottom of the salad bowl, lightly salt.
- Grind greens. Half put aside, sprinkle with cheese.
- Cooked and peeled beets grate a large grater and put on top of the cheese.
- Salad with vegetable oil and sprinkle with herbs.
- Leave for half an hour in the fridge.
Salad from beet leaves with cheese
- beet tops 200–300 g,
- olive oil 1 tablespoon,
- garlic 1 tooth,
- water 2 tablespoons,
- lemon juice 1 tsp,
- black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese 1-2 tablespoons.
- Wash and cut the beet leaves.
- Grind the garlic.
- Fry the garlic in olive oil.
- Put the beet leaves there and pour 2 tablespoons of water. Extinguish 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the leaves with lemon juice, sprinkle with cheese. Salad ready.
Beet, of course, very useful vegetable. During its use, a nursing mother will be able to get quite a lot of essential vitamins, macro-and micronutrients. At the same time tops contain more nutrients than the root itself. But even such a familiar and valuable product during breastfeeding a woman should be introduced into her diet carefully, focusing on her baby.
- Eliminates digestive problems in a nursing mother,
- It cleanses the intestines and removes harmful substances from the body,
- Stabilizes the liver and kidneys,
- Normalizes the activity of the thyroid gland,
- Develops and strengthens the skeleton,
- Increases pressure
- Promotes normal blood formation
- Strengthens the body and helps with anemia.
Rules for the use of beets with HB
- Enter beets in the diet of a nursing mother can be no earlier than three months after birth,
- Begin to try with a small piece and watch the baby's well-being for two days. If there is no negative reaction, you can safely eat a vegetable,
- If you have an allergy or indigestion, then the vegetable for some time is not recommended to use. You can try again in a month
- Eating beets during lactation can only be boiled, baked or stewed. Raw vegetable has an aggressive effect on the body of the infant and sometimes brings infection. Raw beets can be eaten no earlier than six months after the birth of a child,
- Choose vegetables carefully and rinse before cooking and eating. Well, if they are from their own garden. So you will be sure that the product does not contain dangerous preservatives and chemistry,
- Beets are not recommended to use mom with diabetes and osteoporosis,
- Use the product regularly, but in small quantities. Exceeding the norms will lead to poisoning!
Boiled beets when breastfeeding is the best option that is suitable for a nursing mother. Heat treatment facilitates the process of absorption in the body, while not losing useful properties.
However, it is unlikely that anyone will simply eat boiled beets. Let's find out what can be cooked using this vegetable.
Baked beet with nuts and prunes
You will need raw beets, prunes and walnuts or almonds. Peel the beets and cut into rings. Wrap in foil, while alternating the ingredients beet-prune-nuts. If using walnuts, pre-grind the product. Bake for 10-15 minutes, check the readiness with a fork or toothpick.
For cooking, take the cheese, dried apricots, walnuts and beets. Cook the beets and cut into small cubes together with the cheese. Add nuts and dried apricots. By the way, dried apricots and other dried fruits are very useful and nutritious during lactation. Nuts previously better soak in hot water. Salad can be slightly salted and filled with cream with a little fat.
Meat salad with beets
Use lean chicken or turkey as meat. Boil the meat and cut into cubes. Also cut the boiled beets, boiled eggs and carrots. Add macerated walnuts and raisins. You can fill the meat salad with low-fat plums or plain yogurt.
Be careful with the use of eggs, eat no more than one boiled egg per day, with the maximum dosage per week - two pieces. Quail eggs are considered safer and just as nutritious. What eggs to eat nursing mom, read here.
Cook rice and steam raisins. For gravy, take a tablespoon of low-fat cream, a teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of butter. Cook the beets and remove the core, and inside add the mixed rice with raisins.
Pour with gravy and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees. An unusual and useful recipe diversifies the menu when breastfeeding and will be a delicious second course.
To prepare such a dish, you need to rub boiled beets on a fine grater. In a pan, pour a lot of tablespoon of vegetable oil, half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Add a little salt and sugar, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Also squash caviar will be a tasty and healthy dish. Zucchini is the safest vegetable during breastfeeding, which can be eaten in the first weeks after birth. In addition, zucchini - a real source of vitamins and energy!
Is it possible to eat beets with HB?
Maroon root vegetable in Russian cuisine is a familiar, affordable and inexpensive ingredient. Many people know that beets can clean the intestines, remove harmful substances from the body. But its useful properties do not end there.
Beets can be considered a real pantry of vitamins:
- A: affects the condition of the skin, hair, improves eyesight,
- B vitamins: have a complex effect (improve digestion, affect the level of sugar, fat and cholesterol, restore strength and strengthen the body, increase immunity),
- C: help to overcome colds, make the immune system stronger, help overcome depression, creates an optimistic mood.
- E: restores the body after pregnancy and childbirth, helps to normalize the hormonal background of the woman.
A large amount of vitamins - not the only advantage of beets. Its fibers are impregnated with macronutrients necessary for man. 7 nutrients available in beets, has a beneficial effect on the health and well-being of women and children.
- Strengthening the tissues of bones and teeth (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus).
- Влияние на работу сердечно-сосудистой системы, нормализация давления (калий, магний, натрий).
- Благотворное воздействие на мозговую деятельность и нервную систему (калий, фосфор, фолиевая кислота).
- Increase of body resistance, its resistance to harmful bacteria (sulfur),
- Increased blood hemoglobin (iron).
- Improvement of the digestive organs and liver (sulfur, chlorine).
All the listed properties of beets are important for the recovery of women after childbirth, and are also necessary for the emerging infant body.
Especially considering its low calorie content: 100 g of root vegetables contain only 40 kcal. For a woman in the postpartum period, normal (non-constipated) bowel work also becomes important. Beets with its small laxative effect are indispensable for this.
Therefore, burgundy root vegetable can and should be introduced into the diet of a nursing mother.
Raw (fresh) beet
Eating raw beets that have not been cooked is the least suitable option for a nursing mother. This is due to the reaction of the emerging child's body to the root. Beetroot is a heavy product that is not easily digested by weak intestines. Fresh (raw) beets can cause disorder in the digestive system of the baby.
The reason for refusing to eat raw beets is also the peculiarities of its growth. You can’t be completely sure that the dug up root crop is completely cleaned, that during the cleaning, harmful microorganisms that are dangerous for the baby didn’t get from the peel to the fibers.
Boiled (stewed beets)
The most common method of introducing beets into the diet of a nursing mother is heat treatment of the root. The uniqueness of the beets is that in the process of such processing (cooking, quenching, roasting) the beets do not lose their properties. The amount of valuable substances and their effects on the body are also saved.
Heat treatment, in addition, has another feature that is important for a nursing mother and her baby. In the process of preparation, it is possible to clean the beet fibers from pathogenic bacteria. Therefore, boiled or stewed (baked) beets allow mommy to be calm: cooking - reliable protection of the baby from negative consequences.
Contraindications to the use
Each nursing mother can eat a healthy root vegetable if she is not in one of the following groups.
Beets are not recommended:
- Women who suffer from diabetes, burgundy root contains too much carbohydrates (25%).
- Nursing mothers who have been diagnosed with osteoporosis: beets do not allow the body to absorb the calcium needed to strengthen bones.
- For women with problems with the digestive organs, kidney, liver, urolithiasis: beetroot increases acidity, affects the formation of stones.
- In addition, there is an individual intolerance to beets, in which even a small amount of the product leads to allergic reactions.
All other moms can eat beets, not forgetting the sense of proportion and caution.
When can I put in the diet?
Some pediatricians consider acceptable the introduction of beet fibers in the diet almost immediately after birth. They claim that already in the first month the baby (at 2 weeks of life) the baby is ready to accept the root vegetables. But most experts agree on the same opinion: Mom with HB is better to refrain from eating beets for the first month of a baby’s life. It is believed that the child must grow up to the age of 3 months, so that his body perceives beets without negative consequences.
The rate of reception of beets with HB
An excessive amount of root vegetables can lead to a temporary malfunction of the digestive system, even in an absolutely healthy person. It is all the more important to keep the nursing mother normal: not only her state of health, but also the condition of the infant will depend on it. Starting with a small amount of beet feed, as the baby develops, the number of root vegetables can be gradually increased.
During the day, mothers are allowed to eat up to 150 g of beets in different dishes. The maximum amount is 200 g, an increase can lead to an allergic reaction of the child or the occurrence of his problems with digestion.
A woman herself must determine how many days a week she needs to add beets to the menu. It depends on her condition and on the reaction of the baby. In small quantities (up to 100 g) you can use beets for the daily preparation of various dishes.
The following regimen will also be optimal: 3-4 times a week for 150 g of beets, alternating between "beet" and "non-bee" days.
How to enter the menu?
Beetroot mass, like all other products, should be added to the food of a nursing woman with extreme caution.
1st introduction: the minimum amount of boiled beets to test the reaction of the child.
3-4th month: if children have no negative reactions, you can gradually increase the number. Root vegetables are boiled and eaten for 2 days (at intervals) for a week. In the first days of prikorma - without any seasonings and additives, then additives in the form of salt, vegetable oil are allowed.
5-6th month: it is gradually allowed to increase the amount to 150 g per day, include various meals with beets in food. A week can eat root 3 or 4 times.
Beets are cooked until cooked, peeled, grated, spread in a saucepan. Add vegetable oil (1 tbsp) and lemon juice (0.5 tsp) to the same place. To taste you can finish off a little salt and sugar. Over low heat beet stew for 15-20 minutes.
Beetroot will make the baby food variety and will become a reliable basis for the formation of its health.
Does red beet juice cause allergies?
Sugar vegetable variety was developed in the 19th century. Nowadays, beetroot is very popular as a product for the production of edible sugar. In addition, this culture has many other useful properties for humans, including the ability to effectively cleanse the intestines.
The mild laxative effect of a vegetable makes one wonder whether it is possible to eat beets to nursing women. Will mother beetroot soup eaten by mom or diarrhea cause a child? Pediatricians give a uniquely negative answer to this question: no, they will not! Beet juice provokes the relaxation of the chair only from mom. It is not he who gets into breast milk, but only the products of his metabolism, which in most cases do not affect the frequency of stool in the baby. Isolated cases of diarrhea in babies are caused only by individual intolerance.
The bright red color of buryak juice, in which even the skin of the hands and the plate is painted, makes many nursing mommies doubt the hypoallergenicity of the vegetable. It is no news to anyone that red foods can provoke diathesis in young children, so during breastfeeding, mothers try not to eat red vegetables and fruits. In the case of beets, nursing mothers can be completely calm: it has been proven that natural dyes that give beets a bright red color are hypoallergenic and do not cause allergic reactions in a baby.
Defiantly bright color of the root scares nursing moms, but there is nothing to fear - beets have a low degree of allergenicity
Useful qualities and composition of the root
Despite its fairly simple appearance, affordability and cheapness, beet is a real well of vitamins and microelements, such as:
- folic acid,
- vitamins of groups A, PP, E, C, B,
- pectin compounds
According to scientific studies of modern scientists, the product has a beneficial effect on the human body. The many substances and microelements necessary for a person contained in it makes it very useful both for a nursing mother and for a child.
How does the beet on the human body:
- Cleans the gastrointestinal tract and liver from toxins and slags. It absorbs harmful substances and brings them outside, inhibits the processes of fermentation and rotting in the intestines. Indirectly, this helps to lose weight, which is very important for many women after childbirth. Many experienced mothers advise to eat a boiled root vegetable to their recently born girlfriends specifically for these purposes.
- Due to the high iron content, a salad of baked or steamed beets will help women with anemia to raise hemoglobin levels in the blood, as well as prevent the occurrence of anemia.
- Good news for stunted women: the root vegetable contains a special substance, betaine, which helps produce growth hormone.
- Folic acid, contained in large quantities in the product, improves the blood supply to the brain, improves mood, memory, working capacity, and pep. It is necessary for the full functioning of the nervous system of the baby and mother.
- Promotes digestion: in combination with prunes cellulose of a buryak can serve as excellent means at fight against constipations.
- You can normalize slightly increased blood pressure by regularly eating beet dishes. Magnesium contained in this vegetable is part of many antihypertensive drugs.
- Root crop improves the color and condition of the face, fights dandruff and irritation of the scalp.
- Antioxidants prevent the appearance of tumors and slow down the growth of existing ones.
The most common "beet" questions
Every mother should know what foods and in what quantity you can eat during lactation. As for beets, young parents are most often interested in answering the following questions:
- Can I eat this vegetable raw? No, because many microorganisms live in products of plant origin that can cause an upset digestive system in an infant. Although freshly squeezed juice of raw beet is extremely useful for adults, during the period of breastfeeding it is worth eating this plant only in boiled form.
- Can I feed boiled beets? Yes, because this root vegetable does not lose its beneficial properties even after heat treatment. Vinaigrettes, soups and borsch of beets - all these dishes are very good for a nursing mother. In addition, a delicate salad or mashed boiled root can be given to a child who has reached the second year of life. If you do not like the taste of boiled beet, then you can add its young finely chopped leaves to the first courses.
- How much can be eaten during the period of breastfeeding? In the third month, try to eat some borscht. If the baby likes the new taste of milk, gradually increase the daily rate of the root to 150 g every other day.
Beets when breastfeeding will be very useful for mother and baby, if it is properly eaten and not eaten in too large quantities. It is only necessary to avoid a combination with hot spices, strong-smelling foods, onions, garlic, mayonnaise. For example, a herring under a fur coat of a nursing mother is extremely undesirable (for more information, see the article: Is it possible and not harmful to eat herring when breastfeeding?). Dress salads with vegetable oil or sour cream. The most useful during the breastfeeding period is to use a vegetable grown without nitrates in your own summer cottage or garden.
- 250 gr. boiled beets,
- 2 tbsp. semolina,
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 15 g of ground crackers,
- salt and pepper to taste.
Peeled boiled beets and skipped through a meat grinder. Put the resulting mass in a saucepan with heated vegetable oil, add the semolina. We put on the stove, mixing the mass until thick. Cool and form cutlets, rolling them in bread crumbs. If the pan allows, fry without vegetable oil until cooked, if not, add quite a bit so that the cutlets are not burnt.
Beets stuffed with rice, apples and cottage cheese
- 1 kg. beets,
- 2/3 cup rice
- 2 apples,
- 250 gr. cottage cheese,
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup sour cream,
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 50 gr. butter,
- a pinch of salt.
Peel the cooked beets, cut out the core and fill it with pre-prepared stuffing (boil the rice, chop the apples, mix everything with sugar, grated curd, eggs and butter). We put in a deep heat-resistant dishes, grease with sour cream and bake until done. You can find other options for cooking stuffed beets.
- 500 gr. beets,
- 500 gr. carrots
- half or 1 whole lemon,
- 75 gr. Sahara,
- 500 ml. water.
Beets and carrots are thoroughly washed, pour boiling water over them, peel and rinse with cold water. We rub vegetables on a small grater, then pour them with cold boiled water. Strain the resulting mass through 2-3 layers of gauze. Add lemon juice, sugar (or honey) and grated lemon zest.