Is it possible to go to a solarium during menstruation: all about tanning on critical days
Sunbathing is good for health - the level of vitamin D rises, the condition of the skin improves, and the hormones of happiness are produced more. But is it possible to go to the solarium during menstruation? How the session affects the state of health - doctors put different arguments.
The myth or reality of harm tanning during menstruation
Scientists who and IARC conducted a study of the effect on the body when using devices for artificial tanning since 1992. As a result of the observations, it turned out that if a person has weak immunity, hereditary or acquired pathologies and other health deviations, one should resort to artificial tanning without medical necessity with caution.
The reaction of the body of women attending a tanning salon at the beginning of the cycle is also ambiguous. The result of artificial tanning can be beneficial only if all the recommendations for preparing for the session were followed.
During menstruation, it is contraindicated to apply thermal procedures that increase body temperature. These are hot common and foot baths, hot-water bottles on the stomach or attached to the feet, Russian and Turkish baths, steam rooms of all types, including saunas, and solariums.
The ban is argued that when the body is heated, blood circulates faster through the vessels. This increases the risk of onset of bleeding. Loss of a large volume of plasma with menstrual fluid causes bouts of dizziness, nausea, arrhythmia, pressure surges.
Explanation: when the endometrium is rejected, there are many open capillaries in the uterus, so the volume of discharge increases significantly with increasing temperature. However, this significantly reduces the thrombin time - the period during which the blood manages to clot with the participation of thrombin and prothrombin.
Since the mechanism of thrombus formation is disturbed due to the rapidly excreted and heavy periods, the vessels bleed for a long time, uterine bleeding occurs. It can only be stopped by medication with the help of a qualified doctor.
Gynecologists recommend to postpone a visit to the solarium at the time when menstruation ends. Due to weakness and high air temperature, a woman may lose consciousness, not having had time to inform salon workers about the deterioration of well-being.
There is a possibility of skin complications - chloasma may appear after tanning. These are brown spots with clear boundaries covering a large area of the body.
Mostly occurs in women with inflammation in the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes. These are endometritis, adnexitis, oophoritis, salpingitis, and similar pathology.
Chronic diseases may become complicated, erosion on the cervix may increase, a cyst in the ovary will burst, and mastitis may develop.
Opinion of cosmetologists-dermatologists
Minor fluctuations in the level of estrogen and progesterone occur throughout the cycle, but the peak is in the first days of menstruation.
This has a negative effect on the condition of the skin, pimples and scaly areas appear, and this affects the evenness of the tan, pigment spots can form.
In most cases, they occur as a reaction of the body to ultraviolet irradiation during hormonal adjustment.
There is a possibility that due to the low level of melanin, the production of which almost stops at the beginning of the cycle, it will not be possible to tan at all, and the skin will receive only burns or irritation.
Opinion clients cosmetology salons
In the cold season, the topic “Is it possible to sunbathe in a solarium with monthly periods” is always relevant. On forums, women actively leave their feedback. Two-thirds of clients complain of deterioration of health, dizziness, darkening of the eyes during the procedure.
There are cases when menstruation is resumed a few hours after tanning. Often, girls complain that the tan gets off in 3-4 days. Only 10% of women who left feedback on the forum were satisfied with the result, but they sunbathed for 3-4 days from the beginning of the cycle.
Recommendations for visiting the solarium with monthly
Sunburnt person is associated with health, lack of fatigue and good mood. This is the impression that women want to recreate and go to the solarium. But there are several rules for visiting cosmetology centers not only during menstruation.
The solarium brings the most benefit in November and March. At this time, vitamin D deficiency is most acute, and the summer sun is still far away. Sessions are recommended to do a course of 12 procedures carried out through the day.
Start with a minimum time spent on the platform of the solarium. Then, over 3-5 visits, the session duration and lamp power gradually increase until the MED is achieved - the minimum erythemal dose, which corresponds to the skin type.
For the period of monthly do a few days break.
Instructions when using a tanning bed is as follows.
- The skin should be clean. Two hours before the session, you must remove the makeup and take a shower, finally rinsed with cool water. It is recommended to use gels instead of soap.
- You can not visit the solarium after a sauna, hair removal, mechanical or chemical peeling.
- Before the session, remove contact lenses, all jewelry, including hairpins, and hair is removed under the cap. This will prevent burns and will not leave unburned areas on the body.
- It should be applied to the skin cosmetic with the property of protection against ultraviolet radiation in the solarium, and not from the sun.
- During the procedure, the eyes should be covered with glasses with black thick glasses, and the nipples - with special circles of small diameter (stikini). Lips covered with hygienic lipstick.
- At the end of the session, body cream is applied after tanning. Shower takes no earlier than 3 hours.
Attending a tanning bed with menstruation is allowed on those days when discharge is already scarce. At the time of the session, the woman should use a tampon, which is changed to a pad immediately after the procedure, and be sure to wear underwear.
It is very important to get out of the tanning salon immediately, as soon as the slightest signs of deterioration of health appear - dizziness, weakness or darkening of the eyes. Subsequent presence on the platform may be hazardous to health.
Information on whether it is possible to visit the solarium during menstruation, it is recommended to get on an individual consultation of a dermatologist, gynecologist and breast specialist. After all, complications arise from the presence of diseases, susceptibility to bleeding, poor health, PMS, hormonal disruptions and weak immunity, and not because of menstruation.
Remedies for sunbathing and swimming during menstruation
The question whether it is possible to swim during menstruation and sunbathe at least once in life has become relevant for every woman. And it is no coincidence.
Fragile female body very dependent on abrupt climate changes.
After abrupt changes in climatic zones, hormonal disturbances occur, and therefore, menstruation may begin unexpectedly.
A change in the status of the girl leaves an imprint on further pastime on vacation.
Despite the large number of tools that help to maintain women's health when bathing and sunbathing during menstruation.
Many girls do not dare to lead an active lifestyle after their onset.
Why not swim during menstruation?
Every month, the female body undergoes a rather serious test: in the absence of fertilization of a mature egg, the onset of critical days occurs.
This is a girl's condition accompanied by unpleasant sensations and the need to introduce some restrictions on physical activity.
According to many practicing gynecologists, after the onset of menstruation, you can not swim and be under the open sun for a long time.
The following reasons:
- During the menstrual cycle overheating is contraindicated to the body and therefore at this time gynecologists do not recommend girls to sunbathe. Due to the rise in temperature, blood circulation increases, which contributes to an increase in blood flow.
Long pastime under the hot summer sun and warm water in the pond can cause abundant menstruation.
Adoption of water treatments in the pool or swimming in reservoirs with stagnant water can cause the introduction of unwanted infections in the body. In lakes and ponds, harmful microorganisms multiply much faster than in a river or seawater.
The immunity of the girl during the menstrual cycle is significantly reduced, and the risk of picking up some disease increases greatly.
Important! Sea water is rich in valuable salts, which neutralize it, due to its composition.
When using reliable protective equipment, swimming in such water will not harm the body.
What means of protection to use?
By reliable means of protection against infection of the body during menstruation include:
Besides, in order not to harm the health, it is worth paying attention to the observance of the optimum temperature during the shower.
It is better to postpone the trip to the sauna and do not wash in a hot bath until the end of menstruation.
Many mothers of teenage girls are interested in the question: is it possible to use tampons for their daughters?
According to experts, adolescents can use tampons on critical days, one has only to give preference to small items in size, which are used for poor periods.
In the days when discharge is abundant, use of gaskets is preferable.
There are situations in which sunbathing during critical days is strictly prohibited.
These include the presence of the following contraindications:
- Unpleasant soreness in the lower abdomen.
- Constant deterioration of well-being of the girl.
- Abundant menstruation.
- Diagnosed diseases of the female reproductive organs.
- Risk of increased bleeding due to long exposure to the sun.
Should also take into account the fact that during critical days in the female body significantly reduces the natural production of the hormone melanin, which is responsible for the appearance of an even skin tone when it sunbaths.
In this connection, numerous studies show that getting a beautiful tan tone these days is almost impossible.
In the absence of the above contraindications, sunbathing during the menstrual cycle is possible.
It is important to pay attention to the following recommendations of experienced professionals:
- Sunbathing It is advised to spend until noon or after 16-00, when the activity of the southern sun decreases.
- During the stay in the sun should consume large amounts of fluid. Purified water will help protect the body from overheating and will provide reliable protection against dehydration.
- To protect the body from overheating, these days the fair sex, going to the beach, is to bring along a special umbrella.
- When sunbathing Do not recommend using tampons. Heat activates the action of pathogenic microorganisms, and therefore increases the risk of inflammation.
Sunbathing on critical days is better with gaskets.
If we take into account the above recommendations, the rays of the warm sun will not only not harm the weakened body, but also give the girl positive emotions.
Lovers of the bright sun it is necessary to remember that if there are alarming symptoms or the first signs of indisposition, you need to immediately leave the beach and spend the rest of the day indoors.
Girls with heavy and painful periods to maintain their health for the first few days should refrain from having a good time in the sun.
Is it possible to sunbathe during menstruation on the beach
With the summer season, it is time for vacations, when everyone rushes to the beaches and the sea. An essential attribute of relaxation is a beautiful tan. Summer does not last long, as are days favorable for sunbathing.
Therefore, I do not want to miss the opportunity that we have been waiting for since last year. But is it possible to sunbathe during menstruation? After all, they come when they need to, and not on rainy and cloudy days.
I do not really want all plans to collapse because of critical days.
Who can and can not
There is no clear recommendation for tanning during the menstrual cycle. Here everything is too individual and depends on the characteristics of the woman herself.
If the girl is young, has a normal cycle with painless periods, never went to the doctor with gynecological problems and constantly sunbathes on ordinary days, then her periods are not a hindrance.
But is it possible to sunbathe during the menstruation in the sun to an adult woman with a problem cycle, regularly appearing gynecological sores, if she has not been on the beach since her youth? Here it is better to abandon experiments.
However, these are two borderline cases, and the majority of women are somewhere between these situations.
If you are the owner of pale skin and sunbathe once a year only during the holidays, then you need to postpone your plans until the end of the month. At the very least, it’s worth waiting out the first 3 days of the cycle if they are painless.
Most gynecologists will say that, despite all the circumstances, it is better to wait out these days.
However, not everyone will want to follow this advice, because the next sunny days with favorable weather may not be soon.
It is necessary to make out the reasons why a long stay in the sun is undesirable. It may be possible to find some exceptions or ways to protect yourself as much as possible on critical days.
Why you can not sunbathe during menstruation
Consider the list of reasons why the procedure for getting a tan in the sun is not favorable for the female body at the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
- With prolonged heating of the body, the volume of discharge will be increased. In women with a low pain threshold, an increase in the amount of discharge leads to an increase in lower abdominal pain.
- Overheating and heat stroke will have a stronger effect during menstruation. The body is so weakened that overheating can lead to vomiting, convulsions and subsequent hospitalization.
- Excessive sunburn causes pain in the late afternoon and in the following days. During menstruation, such pain becomes unbearable. Burn in the sun is very easy, especially if you want to tan as quickly as possible.
- Diseases of the reproductive system can be exacerbated by prolonged exposure to the sun.
- During menstruation, melanin levels decrease. It is this pigment that is responsible for getting tan.. Therefore, on critical days the skin will change color more slowly and there is a risk of the appearance of age spots..
It is clear that if you sunbathe in moderation, then most of the above problems can be avoided. But how to understand what measure you have and where is the trait that cannot be crossed? Here everything is individual and every woman should understand for herself if she has enough 20 minutes or she can easily endure 2 hours in the sun.
The body of girls with light or red hair is especially susceptible to prolonged exposure to the sun. The lighter the woman's hair, the less she needs to be in the sun.
Above were listed various risks to which the female body will be exposed. However, someone will say that the trouble can happen, and maybe even pass, because there are enough girlfriends who calmly roll on the beach these days and do not complain about anything. Therefore, the question of whether it is possible to sunbathe during menstruation will not be fully disclosed if we forget to tell you about direct contraindications.
This is a list of factors, in the presence of which it is impossible to sunbathe, as though this would not be desirable:
- the girl suffers from copious secretions. This is no longer considered normal, so the problem cannot be exacerbated,
- direct ban from the doctor due to certain gynecological diseases. Only a gynecologist can know which disease (neoplasm, endometriosis, polyps in the uterus, cervical erosion, etc.) is aggravated due to overheating,
- the presence of varicose veins,
- skin is damaged (acne, rash, postoperative scars, etc.),
- any infectious disease
- increased body temperature or weakness in the body.
In fact, there are many more contraindications, but they have nothing to do with the monthly cycle. If there are doubts about going to the beach due to some kind of gynecological disease, then you need to consult with your doctor. With menstruation, you can definitely sunbathe on the beach, if the gynecologist gives your permission.
What measures should be taken
There are situations when there is no opportunity to go to the gynecologist or do not want to spend time on it, because you still need to register in advance. At this rate, the monthly will be faster than the specialist will express his opinion.
In some cases (for example, a trip to the sea) the answer is needed here and now. Причем некоторые девушки не принимают отказа.
Специально для них ниже представлены правила, которые необходимо соблюдать, если уже было принято решение насчет загорания в критические дни.
- По возможности нужно загорать не в первые три дня цикла.
- Находиться на пляже следует до 11:00 и после 17:00. In these hours, the sun has the least negative impact.
- A large amount of fluid you drink helps the body maintain normal body temperature.
- Blondes and ginger can be sunbathed when menstruating at sea, but it is better to keep the time under the sun to a minimum.
- Sunscreen required.
- If the state of health began to deteriorate (weakness appeared, dizzy, etc.), it is necessary to go home.
- It is best to sunbathe under an umbrella to avoid direct contact with the sun. So you can escape from the burn.
A very controversial point about hygiene products. Due to the strong heat, it is recommended to use a gasket so that the bacteria do not multiply inside the woman with the tampon.
However, it is difficult to imagine how you can go to the beach with a pad. Is that sunbathe in shorts. The tampon can be used, but it should be changed more often (before going to the beach and immediately after returning).
The main thing is that during this time no more than 4 hours pass.
Is it possible to sunbathe during menstruation
It happens that plans to spend a long-awaited weekend on a sunny beach are crumbling because of the “critical days” that have begun. Should I abandon attacks on nature? Is it possible to sunbathe during menstruation? And if not, why not? What will the specialists answer us?
Why it is better not to sunbathe during menstruation: a rationale from a scientific point of view
Addressing the gynecologist with the question whether it is possible to take sun baths during menstruation, the answer will be unequivocal: it is better to refrain from sunburn. Why?
Modern personal care products allow you to feel comfortable in the days of this highly feminine process. Yes, and all the monthly pass in different ways. If a representative of the beautiful half of humanity during the critical days does not feel pain, the discharge is not abundant, then what can prevent her from having a good time on the beach?
Without going into all the details of the flow of the menstrual cycle, it should be noted what changes it provokes in the woman's body. This will be a list of reasons from a scientific point of view, which should caution against the idea of sunbathing on “critical” days:
- Under the influence of scorching rays and high temperature is the expansion of blood vessels and blood thinning. For women during menstruation, it threatens with intensive bleeding, an increase in the amount of discharge, which becomes not only abundant, but also painful. This, in turn, can lead to a deterioration in the well-being of the whole organism: a drop in blood pressure, dizziness, weakness, fainting. Loss of blood in large quantities exacerbates chronic diseases, and not only gynecological,
- The production of melanin - a dark pigment responsible for the appearance of sunburn, is carried out under the influence of hormones. In a woman's body during menstruation a hormonal failure is observed. The level of some hormones decreases, others - increases. This is manifested not only by mood swings, but also by the fact that the amount of melanin is produced significantly less. Well, if the session of sunbathing on these days turns out to be simply useless - the tan “will not lie down” and the skin will remain light as before. Much worse, when after visiting the beach the skin will resemble the skin of the spotted leopard - the shade will be uneven.
What rules should be followed, if you still decide to sunbathe
If the beauty does not want to lose the opportunity to visit the beach because of the beginning of her period, and she decides to go to sunbathe, then she needs to follow the following rules:
- Apply special products to the skin in advance. - activators of melanin production: cream, spray or oil for tanning with UV filters. The particles of these cosmetic products penetrate the skin, at the same time provide the attraction and dispersion of sunlight and reduce the risk of getting burned,
- It should reduce the time spent under the rays. After lying for 20-30 minutes, you must take a break, go into the room or move into the shade. Then you can take another sunbathing session.
- Be sure to take into account the peak activity of the sun. It falls on the time period from 11 to 16 hours. Therefore, the best time for sunbathing is morning and evening,
- It is better to immediately choose a place for sunbathing not under the open sun. Let it be a light shadow, for example, under a tree or an openwork umbrella. The scattered rays act much softer, the tan will not go so fast, but it is many times safer for the body as a whole and for the skin in particular, especially on “critical” days,
- During your stay on the beach, it is recommended to drink as much liquid as possible. This will protect the body from overheating. You should stock up with plain drinking water, mineral water without gas. The liquid should be cool, not icy. Ice cream and ice cubes cool and quench thirst only for a while. In no case can not drink alcohol, strong tea and coffee, they provoke even greater dehydration,
- The mistake of women going to sunbathe during menstruation is the use of hygienic tampons. After all, it is believed that these "tail things" are created specifically for the beach, and they provide reliability and comfort. Undoubtedly, convenient. But there is a huge risk of getting inflammation. An increase in bleeding that does not have an exit, high temperature provoke the accumulation of bacteria and the occurrence of the inflammatory process within the female body. Therefore, once again it is better to change the absorbent pad.
When it is worth stopping immediately in the sun
Going to the beach, every woman should take into account not only the weather conditions and the tanning time, but also such factors as: her age and individual health condition.
If one lady quite easily endures the drops in air temperature and the scorching sun, this should not at all become a guide to action for another beauty.
Consider one example often encountered in life: two friends went to the beach and both have “critical” days. One girl lies under the burning rays, smiles, gets pleasure.
The second - being covered with sweat, suffers a nagging pain in the lower abdomen, but bravely endures, not wanting to lag behind her friend. What can happen in the end? Sunburnt girlfriend will visit the hospital that she was ashamed to say about their problems.
Do you need such a "heroism", especially on vacation at sea, and even being in another country?
Having decided to sunbathe during menstruation, you should be very attentive to the changes that occur in the body. And immediately you need to leave the beach when such symptoms appear:
- General weakness
- Rising nausea
- Pulling pain in lower abdomen
- Heat and chills,
- Increasing the amount of bleeding.
Some of these symptoms may indicate a sunstroke.
You need to move to a cool place, wipe yourself with a wet towel or take a shower, drink anesthetic and lie down. If relief does not come, and the pain increases, an urgent need to consult a doctor.
Tanning in the solarium during menstruation
A session under an artificial sun on “critical” days should definitely be canceled. Under the vagaries of the weather is difficult to adjust. Indeed, it is very unfortunate to spend a warm sunny day off at home, because next time it may be rainy. But a booth with UV radiation will not “run away” anywhere, you can visit it when your period ends.
When deciding whether to go to a solarium during menstruation, or not, you should consider the following facts:
- Artificial rays cause more damage to the health and condition of the epidermis than natural,
- In the booth, the risk of getting a “spotted” tan increases, especially during menstruation,
- After a session in the solarium during menstruation, there are more cases of complications of chronic gynecological diseases.
- Of course, the lady herself must choose what is more expensive for her: health or beauty.
Other beauties expert advice - not a decree. Some even claim that the sessions under the artificial sun help them to relax and cope with the discomfort of the “critical” days.
Well, the employees of the solarium do not ask the clients if they have monthly periods.
And if a girl has a great state of health, menstruation is painless, there are no chronic illnesses, then, in principle, she has no contraindications for a tanning session.
Experts only advise not to attend a tanning salon on the first and last day of menstruation, the session should not exceed 10 minutes. And if there is even the slightest hint of deterioration of well-being from this procedure, then you should wait a little with the tan and postpone the visit to the salon for 3-5 days.
Solarium or natural tan
Many believe that tanning in a solarium is less dangerous than sunbathing under the natural rays of the sun due to the ability to select the required dose of radiation. This is a myth that is not supported by any facts. There is no difference in visiting the solarium or a fire near the sea. After all, the harm from ultraviolet rays will be in both cases and the likelihood of negative consequences is the same during menstruation.
If at rest not planned bleeding can be taken by surprise (abrupt climate change, stress), then the procedures in the solarium can be refused in time. It is not difficult to visit the salon on other days.
Some girls use tanning beds to reduce menstrual pain due to vitamin D. Ultraviolet radiation and the truth increases the synthesis of the hormone of pleasure and stabilizes the overall hormones. The menstrual cycle itself is getting better, the discomfort associated with PMS goes away. But it is better to sunbathe before the onset of monthly bleeding. Learn how to facilitate PMS in the article at the link.
Any doctor, answering the question whether it is possible to visit a tanning bed during the month, will advise her patient to refrain from ultraviolet radiation.
You will also be interested to know if you can do gel polish during menstruation. Follow the link to find the answer to this question.
Effect on blood
Under the influence of the sun the blood liquefies, therefore the risk of severe bleeding increases. Sometimes you may even need urgent hospitalization.
The rash during menstruation is disturbed by many women. There is a myth that acne is getting less from the sun. In fact, it is dangerous to go to the solarium or to the beach with skin irritations or acne.
Changes in the skin during menstruation are also dangerous for other cosmetic procedures. Find out if you can do hair removal during menstruation and what are the consequences of manipulation these days.
Hormonal changes at the beginning of the cycle do not allow you to get the desired skin tone. But more importantly, the low production of melanin reduces the protective function of the skin from the damage of the sun's rays.
Because of the individual characteristics of the body, some women can still bask in the sun, but not for long. Make the final decision will help the second half of the article.
What you need to consider before heading to the beach on critical days
To understand whether it is possible to sunbathe during a month to a particular person, it is necessary to take into account the following factors:
- Age. The older the woman, the more contraindications. This also includes problems with the skin, metabolic processes and protective functions of the body.
- Health status. If critical days are normal, there are no gynecological pathologies, then you can spend a little time in the sun.
- The amount of discharge. If the volume of menstruation exceeds the norm (80 ml), menorrhagia has been observed in the past, then direct sunlight and tanning beds are dangerous.
- Weather. For a long time under a very hot sun, we immediately exclude, at moderate air temperatures you can sunbathe, but not for long.
The negative answer of the doctor to the question whether it is possible to sunbathe during menstruation is immediately obtained by women with the following problems:
- any neoplasms, including benign,
- myoma of the uterus,
- cervical erosion,
- endometrial hyperplasia,
- cysts on the ovaries,
- inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs,
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
The main reason to postpone a visit to the solarium and the beach is the high risk of new complications of the disease due to exposure to the sun. It is not recommended to use tampons, and with gaskets it will be uncomfortable. This rule also applies to normal cycle days, so contact with ultraviolet with such health problems is best kept to a minimum.
There are a number of cases where temporary prohibitions occur during menstruation for sunbathing:
- fatigue or drowsiness,
- severe pain in the lower abdomen and lower back,
- heavy bleeding,
- the risk of bleeding due to overheating,
- rashes, redness of the skin and burns,
- feeling unwell (dizziness, weakness).
In such situations, you need to abandon any tan. Sometimes this state of health is noted in the first days of menstruation, and then everything returns to normal. Even then, a minimum stay under the sun is allowed, but only under certain conditions.
Possible effects of visiting the solarium during menstruation
When a woman asks the gynecologist if she can sunbathe in the solarium during her monthly period, receives a negative answer and still does not take into account the recommendations of a specialist, she risks suffering from the following:
- severe blood loss (bleeding is not excluded),
- high probability of loss of consciousness,
- skin irritation and rash,
- spotted tan
- aggravation of gynecological disease
- health problems in the future.
During menstruation, a woman’s body already suffers a certain amount of stress. A visit to a beauty salon or a long stay in the sun further aggravates the situation. By the way, many of the salon procedures on special women's days are not recommended. For example, eyelash extension during menstruation can also lead to a number of unpleasant consequences.
The basic rules for tanning during menstruation
Even with no contraindications and a stable cycle, it is important to follow certain rules for tanning during menstrual discharge:
- You can safely sunbathe before 11 am and after lunch, when the sun is not so scorching.
- Being on the beach can be no more than an hour under an umbrella or in the natural shade of a tree.
- A large amount of fluid you drink will reduce the risk of severe overheating of the body.
- Tanner applied to the body better to the beach, choosing a sufficient level of protection.
- You should not use tampons, because the heat is the most favorable period for the reproduction of pathogens.
- If weakness is noted in the morning, it is recommended not to sunbathe on this day at all.
- It is advisable to be on busy beaches, abandoning the wild coast.
Solarium with monthly should be immediately deleted. Vacation is more difficult to transfer, therefore it is enough to follow the recommendations and not to allow the body to overheat. It is necessary to take into account contraindications, in the presence of which sunburn during menstruation is most dangerous to health.
The use of ultraviolet light
In addition to the aesthetic appeal of tanning, according to professional cosmetologists, it removes acne, treats psoriasis, various eczema and dermatitis. The big plus is the fact that, under the influence of ultraviolet rays, more vitamin D and the hormone of joy - serotonin are produced.
Despite the fact that the filters do not let the most aggressive rays of the spectrum C pass through, this procedure is safe only for absolutely healthy people. How to be on the critical days when they coincide with the schedule of visits to the solarium, is it possible to sunbathe during menstruation?
Solarium during the period
Still, most gynecologists and specialists are 90% inclined to believe that you cannot go to the solarium during your period. This is not so critical and urgent, you can always skip it, otherwise rebuild the schedule. But the neglect of this recommendation can lead to very disastrous consequences.
Possible complications when visiting the solarium during menstruation
Critical days complicate life enough: pain in the abdomen, lower back, increased susceptibility of the endocrine system, mammary glands, skin, nausea, weakness, headache. What is the harm from sunburn during menstruation? Solarium on monthly days can lead to:
- A sharp drop in blood pressure. The condition is characterized by dizziness, nausea, spontaneous weakness or even loss of consciousness.
- To more pronounced pain during menstruation.
- Increase the amount of discharge. Exposure to high temperatures leads to overheating of the body - blood circulation increases, therefore, bleeding increases. No wonder they warn that in such a delicate time, one should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, hot baths, visits to saunas. Even the presence of ventilation in the solarium is not able to protect against excessive abundance of secretions.
- To the occurrence of any infection, as it creates a warm environment favorable for the growth of bacteria.
- Violation of the monthly cycle. Excessively abundant discharge may occur in the next month, or, conversely, too scanty. Perhaps the complete absence of menstruation.
- Allergic rash, pigment spots (vitiligo), irritation and inflammation on the skin are tanned during menstruation. А дело в том, что природный темный пигмент меланин в этот период вырабатывается намного меньше и кожа может неадекватно отреагировать на воздействие ультрафиолетовых лучей.
- Отрубевидным лишаям, которые распространены у людей, проживающих в жарком климате. There is a possibility that a yeast-like fungus, which interferes with the synthesis of melanin, will begin to progress after tanning. Also papillomas can grow.
- Violation of the female genital organs. Perhaps the development of pathologies, serious gynecological diseases and even infertility.
- The complication of existing gynecological diseases: endometriosis, fibrous mastopathy, cyst, cervical erosion. The condition can be complicated.
These manifestations can be attributed to the side effects of tanning, because they do not occur at all, but the likelihood of manifestations exist. Definitely we can say that you should not go to the solarium in the presence of gynecological infections and diseases. If you are confident in your body and health, then for safety consult with a leading gynecologist who can give specific recommendations.
Do not rely only on reviews, for example, girlfriends who have not had any negative reactions after UV rays. It’s not a fact that inflammatory processes have not started, which will make themselves known in the future.
How to prepare for a solarium?
An unequivocal answer to the question - is it possible to visit a tanning salon with monthly periods - does not exist. It happens that the situation does not tolerate delay, and if you are still going to go to the solarium during your period, then it is worth considering some of the nuances. To reduce the risks of negative consequences, you should take into account:
- A visit to the salon in the midst of the discharge is best avoided. Wait for their number to decrease somewhat, for example, you can postpone the hike for 3-4 days of menstruation.
- Immediately before the procedure, use a tampon, and after it, replace the tampon with a gasket. This will help avoid the occurrence of the inflammatory process.
- For sufficient skin hydration, water procedures will be useful 2 hours before exposure to ultraviolet rays and 3 hours after. Immediately take a shower is not worth it. Hot skin can be restored to normal with a cream after sun with a cooling and moisturizing effect.
- You should not use standard tanning creams. Give advantage to cosmetics designed directly for artificial tanning.
- Protect the delicate areas: lubricate the lips, apply a sticker to the areola and nipples, wear glasses on your eyes, a hat on your hair, and leave the intimate area in underwear.
- Use plenty of fluids. After a session and taking a shower, try to avoid physical activity and take time to rest in the supine position in order to avoid the discovery of heavy bleeding.
Beauty, of course, requires sacrifices, but not necessarily sacrificing oneself in such a great sacrifice, because a tanning bed is not even a trip to the sea. You can walk at different time intervals. Anyway, after one procedure, a full-fledged even tan will not work, and a short break is unlikely to have a significant impact on the quality of tan in general.
Should I refrain from visiting the solarium on critical days
Some experts disagree on this issue, but most unanimously argue that the production of artificial sun exposure during active discharge may be detrimental to health. This result is noted in 90% of cases.
The intensity of menstruation is associated with the individual characteristics of the body and the ambient temperature. The warmer the air, the higher the speed of blood flow in the vessels.
Danger of tanning during menstruation
There are several reasons why gynecologists strongly advise against attending this procedure during menstruation. All of them manifest themselves individually, but no doctor will assume the responsibility to assert that a solarium will be absolutely safe during this period.
- Uneven distribution or no tan. This is due to hormone jumps and affects the work of the whole organism. The girls noted the appearance of spots on the skin, acne. In addition, menstruation leads to a decrease in melatonin production, and without it, tanning becomes impossible.
- Increase the amount of discharge due to temperature increase. A visit to the solarium is associated with short-term overheating of the body. However, even active ventilation will not improve the situation.
- Dizziness and pressure spikes. With an increase in blood loss, the state of health worsens, a breakdown, drowsiness and apathy are felt.
- The possibility of complications pathologies of the reproductive system. In a normal situation, ailments may not manifest for a long time. During the period of menstruation, the body becomes susceptible to any environmental factors, therefore, if we neglect the quiet regime, which doctors advise to adhere to, it is possible not only to aggravate existing problems, but also to acquire new ones. This is especially true of diseases such as cervical erosion, cyst, adnexitis, etc.
- Increases skin sensitivity, because of which it can be damaged during the active exposure to ultraviolet lamps tanning bed. Being there for a few minutes, you can get a skin burn or inflammation.
There is an opinion that the use of a tampon in a solarium solves the problem of abundant secretions. On the aesthetic side, this is true, but it also keeps the rejected blood inside, which creates a beneficial environment for the development of bacteria and infections.
Tips for a safe trip to the solarium during menstruation
There are certain factors that encourage women to neglect medical recommendations. Ultraviolet rays seem to be a magic panacea for skin problems and also contribute to active vitamin D productionwhich makes you feel better and happier. Not to mention the fact that the tanned body looks attractive. But to decide whether it is worth risking your health for the sake of it is a girl’s own business.
For a successful session, it is important to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Abandon the procedure in case of indisposition.
- During tanning use a tamponwhich should be replaced immediately after leaving the treatment booth.
- Secure the most vulnerable areas. Special devices are stuck on the nipples - a sticker, on the head - a cap, and on the eyes - sunglasses that protect the cornea and especially the thin skin of the eyelids. Contact lenses must be removed.
- It is necessary to carry out water procedures. two hours before the session and 3-4 after it. The issue of hygiene is one of the most important during menstruation, but if you take a bath or shower just before visiting a tanning salon, the body will lose moisture, so it is important to do so in advance.
- Do not neglect skin protection., not forgetting that the creams and lotions for sunburn on the beach and in the solarium will be different. Artificial lamps do not emit harmful ultraviolet radiation.
- Before the session it is necessary to clean the leatherand then the tan will be smoother.
Other useful tips and tricks
There are good reasons why ladies will have to give up tanning on the beach and in the solarium on critical days. This is the presence of gynecological diseases: endometriosis, fibroids, fibroids.
Being under the scorching rays in sick women will cause not only the progression of the disease and complication, but can threaten with sterility.
If these contraindications are excluded, then you can afford to sunbathe on “critical” days, while observing all the precautions.
And even better to enlist the advice of a qualified specialist, this will minimize the risk of side effects.
For a uniform tan, it is advised to actively move rather than lie down during sunbathing. But during the period of menstruation, and even in the heat, physical exertion can cause even more bleeding and deterioration of health.
Therefore, to keep the dark shade on the skin smoothly, it is enough to periodically change the position of the body: turn over from the back to the stomach and back. It is also better to give up on bathing on “critical” days.
Unfortunately, among the great variety of beach cosmetics products there are no special creams - tan activators during menstruation. When choosing a product, girls will have to be guided by an individual skin type.
If the skin is too sensitive, light and there were no tanning sessions in the current year, then you should get a cream with a high SPF 50 protection index. When the epidermis is already adapted to the sun and becomes slightly tanned, you can use another cream with SPF 30-20.
Observance of precautions when tanning during menstruation will reduce the risk of burns, complications, will allow you to enjoy the caressing sun and a beautiful golden skin tone. But maybe once again think and abandon the march to the beach? Health is more expensive!
Harm of a sunbed at monthly
During critical days in the woman's body, some changes occur. The hormone levels change, there can be heavy bleeding from the heat. Solarium during menstruation is not recommended to visit, this also applies to baths, saunas, bathing.
Solarium on critical days may be harmful to health:
- sudden drop in blood pressure (nausea, weakness, dizziness may begin),
- stronger pain during menstruation,
- cycle failure may occur,
- the development of infection (during the heat creates a favorable environment for the growth of bacteria),
- complication of gynecological diseases (cervical erosion, cyst, adnexitis, endometriosis),
- the development of allergies (rash on the body, age spots, irritation of the skin),
- papillomas proliferation.
The amount of discharge increases significantly due to an increase in air temperature. The hotter the air, the faster the blood moves through the vessels. Therefore, during menstruation, you need to abandon the campaign in the solarium.
Even the latest technology in the field of tanning in the solarium will not help to improve the situation. Fans that are built into the tanning booth will not protect your skin from overheating.
On critical days, tanning can be uneven, as hormones fluctuate. If you do not want to have a tan with pigment spots, it is better to wait for the end of the discharge.
Is it possible to go to a solarium during menstruation: all about tanning on critical days
Menstrual flow makes a woman give up a number of classes. With the approach of summer, more and more patients are wondering whether it is possible to go to the solarium during menstruation or sunbathe in direct rays. Experts advise some girls to abandon the effects of ultraviolet radiation, while others are more prepared for sunbathing.
How to make a trip to the solarium safe and effective
Representatives of the weaker sex want to always look beautiful and well-groomed. One of the ways to get a beautiful skin color is tanning beds. This is a quick and inexpensive way to get a tan. It helps to eliminate acne, rashes on the skin.
Is it possible to attend a tanning salon during menstruation, a question that is of interest to many women. Of course, it all depends on the body of each woman. Beauty requires sacrifice, but you should not sacrifice your health because of sunburn, which can be postponed.
How to get a beautiful tan
- In the period of menstrual discharge refuse to tanning,
- Hike salon can be moved to 5-6 days of menstruation, if you need a tan,
- 2 hours before taking ultraviolet rays, take a shower and 3 hours after,
- Cosmetics need to use special for artificial tanning,
- During tanning use a tampon, after the procedure, put on a pad,
- It is recommended to protect sensitive areas: stick sticks on the nipples, put a hat on your hair, apply hygienic lipstick on your lips, wear special glasses on your eyes. Do not use contact lenses, for hygiene purposes, cover the intimate area with underwear,
- Do not sunbathe if you feel unwell, dizzy, nausea.
In conclusion, I want to say that in one procedure in the salon you will not achieve a beautiful tan. Therefore, it is better to wait until the end of menstruation and go sunbathing in full without harm to health. We wish you all a golden tan!
Why you should not sunbathe in the solarium and the sun?
So why you can not sunbathe in the solarium during menstruation:
- The amount of discharge increases. Each woman's menstruation takes place in different ways, but not only genetics, but also the ambient temperature affects the amount of discharge. As it rises, blood flows more actively through the vessels. Therefore, during the monthly it is worth refusing to go to the bath and solarium. Even if an air conditioner is installed in the room, the bleeding will not be less abundant.
- Deterioration of well-being. Blood loss affects the general condition of the body. Weakness, increased pressure, or dizziness may occur.
- Uneven tan. During the period of menstruation, hormones fluctuate in the female body, so many people notice the appearance of a rash, pigment spots or change in skin color these days. So a trip to the solarium during menstruation can turn into an ugly and uneven tan.
- Complications of diseases. If you have gynecological diseases, such as cervical erosion or mastopathy, they can worsen.
This also applies to tanning in the sun. Even if the monthly fell on vacation, no need to despair. It is better to wait a few days and not sunbathe, than later a whole vacation to be treated and suffer from unpleasant consequences. Using a tampon on the beach increases the likelihood of inflammation. If it is not possible to use a sanitary pad, the tampon must be changed more often than stated in the instructions, and always after bathing.
The body of each person is individual, and some girls believe that during the menstruation period you can go sunbathing. However, if no problems were revealed, this does not mean that they will not be next time. Do not put your health at risk for a moment of desire.
It should also be borne in mind that there are certain contraindications, in the presence of which it is absolutely impossible to visit a tanning bed with monthly:
- general weakness
- painful sensations
- heavy discharge
- Gynecological diseases (mastopathy, cervical erosion, endometriosis, adnexitis, thyroid diseases, etc.)
Tips for safe visits
Of course, you should not completely abandon tanning, because it not only gives a golden tan, but also has other advantages: compensates for the lack of vitamin D, relieves acne, dermatitis and other rashes. To get a beautiful tan and do not harm your health, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- If menstruation begins, it is better to postpone the visit to another day when it is already over. If you are adamant, and menstruation does not stop you, then you need to choose the most recent days of menstruation, when the discharge is scarce and almost over.
- If you feel unwell (abdominal pain, dizziness, weakness), you should refuse the procedure.
- Take a bath or shower should be 2 hours before visiting the solarium or 3 hours after that. It is undesirable to remove the lower part of the laundry for hygienic reasons.
- Be sure to cover the vulnerable areas. Stick on the nipples stick - these are special circles, put a hat on your head and apply a protective balm on the lips. Contact lenses are recommended to remove before the procedure and wear protective glasses for tanning beds.
- It is necessary to apply cosmetics to the maximum. Special lotions and creams for tanning beds are different from those that are designed to get a regular tan in the sun. Artificial tanning is more benign than natural because it has a lesser degree of radiation. It is advisable to clean the skin the day before the visit to the tanning bed to get a more even tan.
- It is recommended to spend 10-12 sessions with a break of at least 1 day. It is better to start with short intervals (from 3-5 minutes) and gradually increase the duration and power of the lamp.
Summarizing, we can say that to visit the solarium during menstruation is undesirable. Do not sacrifice your health in the name of beauty. A visit to the salon can be postponed for several days and get a beautiful bronze tan without damage to health.