Is marshmallow allowed to breastfeed during the first month after birth?
Marshmallow, like any other product, must be eaten in small quantities so as not to harm the newborn. Most experts do not recommend eating marshmallows when breastfeeding in the first month after birth. In their opinion, the optimal time for the inclusion of sweets in the diet is 2-3-3 months of the child's life.
Sweet helps to cope with postpartum depression. The substances in its composition have a beneficial effect on the body of a woman and a child:
- improve digestion,
- enhance brain activity
- help protect the retina from ultraviolet rays,
- trace elements improve metabolism, make hair, bones and nails stronger,
- have a positive effect on the skin and nervous system
- pectin helps rid the body of heavy metal salts,
- Dietary fiber contributes to the smooth functioning of the intestine.
Types of marshmallow
In the shops you can find different varieties of this confection:
- Marshmallow white, pink, blue, yellow, without glaze, with a taste of vanilla, creme brulee, apple, pear, etc.
- Product in dairy, white and dark chocolate, yogurt.
- Marshmallow with additives (coconut shavings, nuts, berries, marmalade, fruit, powdered sugar).
- A confectionery product on fructose or stevia, intended for people suffering from diabetes.
During breastfeeding, doctors advise choosing a classic white dessert, or with the taste of creme brulee. For example, marshmallow "Sharmel" with vanilla flavor is a safe confection for mother and baby.
It is not recommended to eat marshmallows in chocolate during breastfeeding, as well as a product with additives. The only exceptions are nuts, fruits and marmalade.
Pine and walnuts are considered the safest for the child. From them vitamins and microelements fall into milk. Hazelnuts and peanuts are allergens, so in the first months it is better to exclude them from the diet.
Marshmallow with marmalade will not harm the child. However, the additive must have a natural tint: green, yellow or red.
Mom can eat marshmallows with fruit. It is desirable that they were in the form of pieces. Berries, above all, raspberries and strawberries, can cause allergies. When the baby is 6 months old, mom is allowed to eat jam and jam. A suitable option would be sweets made from blueberries or black currants.
Which to choose
Marshmallow and marshmallow, fed nursing mother in the diet should be of high quality. It is advisable to cook a homemade dessert, but if this is not possible, you must select a product that does not contain harmful substances.
Manufacturers offer sweets of various colors with flavors. But not all ingredients are of natural origin. What you need to know a woman when choosing a marshmallow during lactation:
- The color of the product. Attractive shades are achieved through the use of dye. When feeding a baby, a woman can only eat white marshmallows.
- The composition of the confectionery. Additives and dyes, which are used to make marshmallow, can lead to allergies in the child.
- The price of marshmallow. A quality product made from natural ingredients cannot be cheap, and it has a short shelf life.
The reaction of the child's body to an unknown product is difficult to predict. In order not to harm the immature organism, it is recommended to first try a small piece of sweetness in the morning, and follow the child's well-being for 48 hours. If he feels well, there are no colic or problems with the chair, then you can eat small portions of marshmallow in the future.
Contraindications to the use of marshmallow in food can be both in mother and in hand. From sweets should be abandoned for diabetes, impaired carbohydrate metabolism, obesity. Marshmallow can not be eaten if the baby has an allergic reaction to egg white. Even if the consumption of sweet is not accompanied by undesirable manifestations, one should not eat it in large quantities. More accurately determine whether you can feed marshmallows, will help the doctor.
Homemade Marshmallow Recipe
Confectionery safe for health can be prepared by yourself. To do this, you need: 5 medium-sized apples, 1 egg white and 1 cup of sugar. Apples must be cut in half, placed in the oven. From the baked fruit should extract the pulp, grate it on the grate until mashed. Add sugar to the resulting mass, then mix everything and leave for 1 hour. After that, beat the mixture with half the protein until the consistency of a light shade is formed. Then, add the remaining protein to the mixture, whisk thoroughly until it is puffy.
To prepare the syrup, you need: 160 ml of water, 470 g of sugar and 8 g of agar-agar, which is a harmless alternative to gelatin.
Agar-agar should be placed in water, and soak for several hours until it swells. Next, the mass must be boiled. The consistency of the mixture should be similar to jelly, add sugar to the mixture, and keep on fire until it is completely dissolved.
The resulting syrup is necessary to pour a thin stream in a puree, beat and leave for 2-3 minutes. Using a confectionery syringe, place the mass on baking paper, and leave to dry at room temperature. In 24 hours the confection will be ready.
Is it possible to eat this product to a nursing mother in the first month after birth?
To date, opinions about the benefits or harms of marshmallow on breastfeeding are ambiguous. Some experts believe that you need to follow a very strict diet and categorically eliminate sweets.
Others argue that with a diverse, but at the same time correct, mother's diet, the baby adapts to the environment more quickly. Marshmallow is a fairly useful product and is not contraindicated in the first month after birth.
Benefits for mother and newborn
Sweets improve mood, marshmallow is no exception. As for the benefits for the baby, then marshmallow has a positive effect on the taste of breast milk, that children really like and their appetite increases. However, do not forget about the possible allergic reaction.
It is necessary to abandon the marshmallow, which consists of food additives. Amplifiers of taste and dyes can cause allergies in the child. The dessert includes protein, it is considered the strongest allergen for children under 3 years old. Large consumption of the product leads to disruption of microflora.
Selection and storage
You need to choose a product that contains only natural products and components. Manufacturers use dyes, preservatives and other harmful additives. With this, manufacturers make products with different tastes, such as vanilla or apple. During breastfeeding it is better to abandon the marshmallow with additives and choose the most natural in composition.
Recommendations for use in HB
As for the lactation period, here it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations.
First, you need to carefully approach the choice of products, avoid dyes, flavors and flavoring additives in the composition of marshmallow.
You also need to remember that despite the fact that marshmallow is a low-calorie product, you need to use it in moderation, no more than 2 pieces per day. If you have the time and opportunity, it is best to cook marshmallows at home..
There are a lot of recipes for cooking, you can choose to your taste, but then you will be sure of its composition.
This may cause the baby to have an allergic reaction. Mommy's chocolate marshmallow should be discarded; cocoa in its composition can also contribute to allergies.
The use of marshmallow on breastfeeding is not prohibited. But if your baby is allergic, then it is worth postponing the introduction of this product into your diet. Home-made desserts are a good option for “sweet tooth moms”, it's so hard to deny yourself this delicacy.
Despite the use of marshmallow for the body and its unique composition, with HB, it can cause some harm to the organisms of the woman and baby.
The harm of marshmallow is in the following indicators:
- Allergic reactions. The composition of the confection includes egg white, causing an allergic reaction in the mother and child.
- The presence of chemical components. On the shelves of stores most often there is a marshmallow, which consists of dyes, flavors, flavor enhancers and other chemical components. To get the maximum benefit from dessert, you should use home-made sweets.
- Occurrence of itching and burning in the vagina of a young mother. After the birth of the baby, the woman's body is gradually restored. The microflora of the vagina also returns to normal. The use of sweets in large quantities can provoke exacerbation of thrush.
In the absence of dermatitis in the child and an allergic reaction to marshmallow, its use by the nursing mother is allowed. But this should be done rationally and with caution.
The first time you need to eat only half. If the child does not have a negative reaction in the form of a rash or colic, you can increase the portion. With a negative reaction to the mother, mother should abandon the use of marshmallow and other sweets.
This product should not be consumed during the first 3-4 weeks after delivery. You must wait until the baby's digestive system returns to normal, and the mother's body recovers.
It is important, of course, to know the answer to the question whether a marshmallow nursing mother can be, but you also need to understand which product will benefit.
Virtually any shop dessert contains flavors, flavor enhancers, colorants and other chemical components. Therefore, such a marshmallow will bring only harm to the health of the baby and the nursing mother.
It is better to give preference to a dessert made by yourself. If you do not have time to cook it yourself, you need to buy an expensive product. It consists of:
- fruit puree,
- egg white,
- natural thickener.
Such thickeners are agar-agar, gelatin or pectin. Other components in the product should not be. If the prescribed composition on the package is missing or it contains other components, such a marshmallow should not be bought.
You should also pay attention to the appearance of the dessert. The color of the marshmallow should not be bright yellow or pink. This indicates the presence of dyes. The natural product is always pale in color. Bright dessert can cause allergic reactions in a child. The best solution would be to buy white marshmallow.
The composition of the delicacy can include nuts and dried fruits. In this case, you must carefully monitor the reaction of the child. Negative consequences are caused by the use not of the marshmallow itself, but of additives in its composition. It is better not to buy marshmallows in chocolate for a nursing mother. Cocoa is a strong allergen, therefore it is not recommended when breastfeeding in the first months of a child’s life.
The use of marshmallow with HB is not prohibited. However, it is better to give it up if you suspect allergy in a baby. Home-made delicacies or buying a dessert with a useful and simple composition - a way out if you want your mom to eat “snack”.
How to get rid of stretch marks after childbirth?
For the treatment of postpartum stretch marks, it is recommended to use external agents that improve cellular nutrition and skin elasticity, stimulate the formation of collagen, and provide long-lasting hydration.
Proven dietary benefits
It is difficult to believe, but the marshmallow is not only a tasty, but useful delicacy. Of course, in its composition there are no vitamins, trace elements and other components necessary for normal functioning of the human body, but it can boast the following properties:
- The basis of the product includes egg white and fruit puree - natural ingredients that are absolutely safe for children on HBs.
- Marshmallow is the source of glucose needed for the brain. The female body after pregnancy and childbirth is in a state of extreme exhaustion, and this affects not only its physics, but also mental activity. Glucose stimulates chemical processes, which allows the brain to recover quickly.
- Despite the obvious sweetness, marshmallow is a low-calorie product. This allows not to worry about the state of the mother’s figure and not to fear for the development of obesity in the baby.
- The use of any sweets stimulates the production of the hormone of happiness, which has a positive effect on the mood of the newly-made mother.
Tip: From the marshmallow with the addition of cocoa powder or butter, as well as products in chocolate coating will be more harm in the form of allergic reactions and indigestion than good. If the pure product seems too cloying, it is better to replace it with marshmallow. This product is similar in composition, with a more complex production process.
The potential harm of marshmallow when breastfeeding
Like any product, the marshmallow, used in unlimited quantities, may have negative sides. Most often, it has the following effects:
- Changing the taste of baby food. A sweet product gives breast milk a characteristic sweetish taste that a child may not like or cause him to thirst for. Given the fact that at a certain stage of life, the baby’s milk acts as a food and drink, this can seriously complicate his life.
- The composition of finished products often includes thickeners, stabilizers, dyes and preservatives, which definitely will not bring any benefit to the children's body. If it is not possible to cook the marshmallows on your own or to buy fresh in the pastry shop, it is better to choose another version of the dessert.
- Egg white, which is one of the main components of marshmallow, causes an allergic reaction in some children.
- Too frequent and abnormal consumption of sweets can cause the development of thrush in women. This consequence is especially dangerous in the first weeks after childbirth, when the microflora of the young mother is still being debugged.
For the occurrence of these consequences (except for allergies), you can not worry if you use no more than one product per day. This is the optimal volume for both mother and baby. It does not pose a risk to health, but gives the desired therapeutic effect.
How to choose a quality marshmallow and properly enter it into the diet?
In the first month after birth, it is better not to risk, introducing a specific product into the diet. Starting from the second month of a baby’s life, you can try to eat marshmallows in the amount of half a product every 2-3 days. If within a couple of weeks negative reactions from the child’s body are not observed, the portion can be increased to the recommended daily intake. When a baby appears pruritus, colic, rash, or a change in the stool, it is necessary not only to abandon the product, but also to consult a doctor.
When choosing a tasty product for yourself and a safe product for a child, you should follow the following recommendations:
- Ideally, the composition of the marshmallow should be as follows: fruit puree, egg white, sugar (not a substitute!), Gelatin or pectin as a gelatinous filler.
- The more additives in a product, the higher the risk of developing problems. Even when applying for marshmallow in the pastry shop you should not be shy, you must boldly ask for a certificate for products with a recipe.
- A natural marshmallow should not have a bright color. You should not buy products of saturated color, even if the manufacturer claims that the dyes in the product is not contained.
- Nursing mothers should not give preference to desserts with nuts and chocolate chips, but products with marmalade or jam are not prohibited (provided that these ingredients are natural).
If for some time the marshmallow did not cause a violent reaction in the child, and then there were signs of allergy, you need to temporarily remove the product from the diet and not earlier than two weeks later try again to introduce it. But this time it is necessary to cut the usual portion and not to increase it, even if there is no more negative response from the side of the child’s body. Do not ignore the mother and the reaction of her own body to the component. If there are signs of allergies, dyspepsia or weight gain, marshmallow should be discarded.
Light and airy marshmallows are often called the king in the world of sweets. Like marmalade, it belongs to varieties of marshmallow and is made from fruit and berry puree, sugar and egg whites. We must not forget that only high-quality products have such a composition, which are difficult to find today.
Since the basis of marshmallow is a low-calorie fruit puree, this product has virtually no unhealthy fats. This is a definite plus of this sweetness. And although it does not contain vitamins, which are so rich in vegetables, fruits and berries, the main advantage of this product is that its basis are components of natural origin.
So, marshmallow consists of:
- agar-agar, rich in iron, calcium and phosphorus,
- carbohydrates (fructose).
The effect of marshmallow on the body of a nursing mother and child
В отличие от многих других сладостей зефир в умеренном количестве оказывает благотворное влияние на организм женщины даже при грудном вскармливании. Pectins, which are part of the product, clean the organs, remove slags and toxins from them, reduce cholesterol levels, improve the functioning of the intestines and the digestive system, and normalize pressure. Agar-agar, saturated with micro- and macro-elements, has a positive effect on metabolism, improves the structure of the skin, hair and nails.
Rich in fructose, marshmallow stimulates brain activity and allows the woman to avoid frequent headaches in the postpartum period. In addition, carbohydrates, which are part of this delicacy, contribute to the development of the hormone of joy. And this is exactly what you need to cheer up and overcome postpartum depression.
Another undeniable advantage of marshmallow is its low calorie content. Per 100 g of this delicacy contains 326 calories. Therefore, a woman can eat marshmallows after giving birth without fear of her body shape.
When and how much can you eat a nursing mother? Despite the fact that marshmallows, marshmallow and marmalade are among the relatively safe sweets, these products should be gradually and carefully included in the diet of nursing mothers. After all, even the most useful and safe product in excess can harm the health of the baby and women during breastfeeding.
To avoid allergic rashes and other troubles, in the first months of a newborn’s life, a woman should refrain from any sweets. Experienced pediatricians recommend starting to introduce marshmallow into the diet of the mother during breastfeeding 3-4 months after birth. According to leading experts, the three-month period is enough for the baby's digestive system to strengthen and his body to be ready for new products.
It should start with a small piece of delicacy, which nursing mother is best eaten in the morning. If for several days the state of health of the infant does not deteriorate, then the woman can safely include marshmallow in her diet and eat it in larger quantities (but not more than 2-3 pieces per week). This restriction in the use of the product, primarily due to its effect on breast milk. The fact is that marshmallow (however, like pastila and marmalade) gives the mother's milk a characteristic sweetish taste, which can negatively affect the state of the baby. Firstly, the baby’s stomach is very difficult to get used to such food. Secondly, the sweet milk of the mother, which is for the baby both his food and drink, can make him thirsty.
Which marshmallow to choose?
The range of marshmallows on the market today is so huge that in its diversity it is very difficult to navigate. To make sweetness a useful and safe treat for a nursing mother and her baby, you need to learn how to choose it correctly. When breastfeeding each woman should give preference only to a quality product of white or creme brulee. Yellow, pink and any other colored marshmallow contains in its composition dyes, which with the mother's milk can get into the body of the baby. Also, do not choose delicacies with nuts, chocolate, coconut chips and other additives. They are contraindicated in breastfeeding.
When choosing marshmallows or marmalade, it is necessary to give preference to sweets made on the basis of agar-agar - a natural component, which is obtained from algae. Do not buy marshmallows or marmalade, which includes gelatin. This component, which is extracted from the cartilage of animals, is harmful to the body of a nursing mother and her baby.
Why marshmallow is allowed during lactation
After adding egg white to the dessert, they got a product called marshmallow. Zephyr - the name of the ancient Greek god of light wind. Actually, because of its airiness, sweetness became the namesake of this mythological character. In general, the divine turned dessert.
Useful for the brain, bones and blood vessels.
Some mothers at the same time believe that the marshmallow during lactation is self-indulgence. Like, why is there something of which there is little use? Yes, there are almost no vitamins in the product. But he can boast of other "good" components in its composition. Properly prepared product contains, for example, iron, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium. This is an obvious "support" for hair, skin, bones, vessels. What are some other advantages of the product?
- Acts as an antioxidant. As a thickener in the preparation of marshmallow, the natural component pectin is used. It promotes the elimination of toxins from the body, “cleans” the blood vessels of cholesterol. In general, the substance increases the body's resistance to various kinds of viral and microbial attacks.
- Strengthens nerves and eyesight. As part of marshmallow - vitamin B2. Riboflavin is necessary for the body to synthesize red blood cells and certain types of hormones. This substance also improves the functioning of the visual system and protects the eye retina from ultraviolet radiation. B2 is also needed to withstand stress: it strengthens the nerves and helps the body more easily withstand stress.
- Improves brain activity. This is successful product due to the content of glucose. The head of a young mother often goes around the number of cases and duties, so marshmallow when feeding a newborn can be useful for stimulating brain activity. According to studies, marshmallows are most useful after lunch: from 16:00 to 18:00, the amount of glucose in the body decreases and the product helps to fill this deficit.
- Normalizes the stool. If the substance agar-agar is used as a thickener in the production of marshmallow, then a beneficial effect for the digestive system appears. The product does not contain calories, but it is a prebiotic that “feeds” useful microflora in the intestine. The product has a laxative effect, removes toxins, but does not erode minerals.