Causes and treatment of chronic thrush in women
Despite the success of modern medicine in the development of drugs, diagnosis and identification of risk factors for candidal infection, the problem of treating vulvovaginal candidiasis (thrush) in women is still relevant.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW! Fortune teller woman Nina: "Money will always be in abundance, if we put it under the pillow." Read more >>
For the last 20 years, the number of candidates for women, women with oligosymptomatic, chronic relapsing course of thrush, women infected with Candida non-albicans, has increased. Drug therapy in these groups is the most difficult, requires attentiveness and high qualification of the attending physician.
Candida fungi themselves can produce drug resistance and respond poorly to ongoing activities, including due to the formation of persistent biofilms on the surface of the vaginal epithelium.
We will devote this material to the features of acute and chronic recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis (thrush) in women.
1. Briefly about pathology
The cause of vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC, VVC) are fungi of the genus Candida. Most often they belong to the species C. albicans.
Candida infection of the vulva and vagina is usually accompanied by the following symptoms:
- 1 White, cheesy or creamy discharge from the genital tract.
- 2 Itching and burning in the vagina, the vulva area. These symptoms may be aggravated after hygiene procedures, use of intimate hygiene products, during sexual intercourse.
- 3 Violation of urination - pain, frequent urge.
- 4 Morbidity during intercourse - dyspareunia.
- 5 Edema and hyperemia of the vaginal mucosa, less vulva.
The course of vulvovaginal candidiasis can be acute (sporadic cases) and chronic recurrent (more than 4 episodes per year).
Uncomplicated thrush in women is usually characterized by mild or moderate severity of the disease.
In the complicated form, the cause is C. non-albicans, this infection is characterized by frequent relapses and a severe course (more often with diabetes mellitus, immunosuppression and other associated diseases).
In treating thrush in women, an integrated approach, the elimination of risk factors and the normalization of lifestyle and nutrition are important.
2. Groups of antimycotics used to treat thrush
According to international recommendations, drug therapy is carried out for women who have complaints and symptoms of candidal infection. Candidacy does not need therapy. The exceptions are pregnant women, they are recommended antimycotics for any identification of candida (the risk of complications of pregnancy and the postpartum period, the risk of infection of the newborn).
To eliminate thrush in women, use 2 main groups of antifungal agents (polyenes and azoles - imidazoles, triazoles):
- 1 Polyene (Natamycin, Nystatin (more often in combination preparations)).
- 2 Imidazoles (Clotrimazole, Miconazole, Econazole, Butoconazole).
- 3 Triazoles and their derivatives (Fluconazole, Voriconazole, Itraconazole).
According to the principles of evidence-based medicine, clinical guidelines, recommendations and treatment regimens for such patients are developed. Consider the main foreign recommendations and compare them with ours, Russian.
3. CDC (2015) Recommendations
In 2015, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USA) updated the guidelines for the treatment of vaginal candidiasis.
According to these recommendations, uncomplicated infection of the vagina requires the appointment of a short course of antimycotics.
Preference is given to azoles (fluconazole, clotrimazole, miconazole), which in this case are more effective than nystatin. This approach allows to stop the symptoms in 80-90% of patients who completed the course correctly (treatment regimens for uncomplicated thrush in Table 1).
Table 1 - Treatment regimens for vaginal candidiasis (thrush) in non-pregnant women according to the recommendations of the CDC, 2015
If the symptoms of candidiasis persist after a course of therapy or a relapse develops over the next 2 months, then the patient is sampled for culture on the nutrient medium in order to clarify the dominant Candida type and determine their sensitivity to known antimycotics.
The mechanism of development and pathogenesis of recurrent vulvovaginal candidiasis is not fully understood. Many patients have no obvious predisposing factors that could lead to chronic infection.
In chronic thrush, Candida non-albicans (in about 10–20% of cases), which are insensitive to basic drugs, are more often detected.
When C. albicans recurs, therapy includes several courses of antimycotic drugs:
- 1 Initial course - a short course with the use of local or systemic drugs from the group of azoles. For the best clinical effect, some doctors suggest extending the use of local azoles to 7–14 days or administer fluconazole orally, orally according to the regimen - 1, 4, 7 days of therapy at a dosage of 100, 150 or 200 mg, respectively.
- 2 Supporting course. For 6 months, fluconazole is taken once a week at a dose of 100-150 mg. If this is not possible, then local azoles are prescribed in discontinuous courses. This therapy is effective, but in 30-50% of women relapses occur after drug withdrawal.
For Candida non-albicans, the optimal treatment regimen has not been established. It is proposed to use local or systemic drugs from the group of azoles (except fluconazole) for 1-2 weeks. In case of recurrence, boric acid is allowed (600 mg vaginal gelatin capsules) for 14 days once a day. This scheme leads to recovery in 70% of cases.
In pregnant women, azoles can be used in the form of vaginal suppositories or vaginal cream. Taking medication inside is unacceptable.
6. Russian recommendations (2013)
The recommendations of Russian experts are a little different from foreign ones. Their main differences:
- 1 Inclusion of basic thrush therapy of another drug from the polyene group, natamycin (Pimafucin).
- 2 Natamycin use in chronic recurrent thrush and S. infection. Non-albicans.
Table 3 - Treatment regimens for acute and chronic thrush in non-pregnant women according to federal clinical guidelines. To view, click on the table
7. Auxiliary therapy
Auxiliary therapy for thrush can eliminate concomitant infections of the reproductive system, normalize the vaginal microbiota, and improve the general condition of the woman’s body.
- 1 Correction of nutrition for thrush, the exclusion of products that promote the growth and reproduction of fungi. Undesirable products include sugar and sweet dishes, rich yeast pastries. Diet therapy of thrush is discussed in more detail in this section.
- 2 Vaginal candidiasis is often combined with intestinal dysbiosis. This confirms the need for an integrated approach in the treatment of vaginal candidiasis. The scheme can be supplemented by taking natural probiotics - fermented milk products containing lactobacilli and bifidobacteria.
- 3 Thrush against the background of pronounced vaginal dysbiosis, gardnerelleza requires the appointment of complex drugs, for example, neo-penotran, polygynax, terginan. Their effect is to eliminate inflammation, affecting anaerobes, gardnerella and fungi.
- 4 We cannot recommend preparations to restore the vaginal microflora (ginoflor, vaginorm, ecofemin) until a sufficient number of studies on their effectiveness have been performed.
- 5 It is important to eliminate foci of chronic infection in the body, if any. In the presence of diabetes mellitus, dynamic observation and therapy by an endocrinologist is required.
- 6 We cannot recommend immunomodulators, dietary supplements, homeopathy due to the lack of evidence base. In our opinion, a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet, physical activity fully replace these groups of drugs.
- 7 Methods of traditional medicine, herbal treatments are distracting and have a placebo effect. They should not be used on women.
8. Problem of resistance to antimycotic candidates
The problem of the resistance of Candida fungi to antimycotic agents is no less relevant than the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics. Resistance to drugs of the azoles group develops most frequently, low sensitivity to the azoles of C. non-albicans is of particular importance. The explanation lies in the mechanism of action of drugs in this group.
Inhibiting enzymes associated with cytochrome P 450, the drug disrupts the synthesis of ergosterol, a component of the cell membrane of the fungus. This is how the fungistatic effect develops.
Resilience is acquired in several ways. For C.albicans characterized by the accumulation of mutations of the gene ERG11, which is associated with the encoding of the enzyme ergosterol synthesis. It ceases to bind to the azoles, but forms bonds with the natural substrate lanosterol. The latter during the reaction turns into ergosterol.
Another mechanism is associated with the removal of drugs from the cell using ATP-dependent carriers.
Resistance to azoles - cross, that is, it develops to drugs of the whole group. In this case, the use of polyenes is possible.
9. Evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment
Criteria for the effectiveness of treatment are the following indicators:
- 1 Full recovery, vagina sanitized: no clinical symptoms, signs of inflammation, laboratory tests (smear for flora, real-time PCR, culture of the culture medium) confirm the absence of a fungus.
- 2 Improvement: a decrease in the severity of symptoms of the disease, objective signs.
- 3 Relapse - the appearance of new symptoms of thrush, the detection of a fungus by smear microscopy 2-4 weeks after a course of therapy.
In the acute form, control is prescribed 14 days after the last dose of drugs.
10. Prevention of relapse
To prevent the recurrence of vaginal candidiasis, factors that create favorable conditions for the growth and reproduction of Candida fungi should be excluded.
- 1 Mycoses develop in a warm and humid environment. This is facilitated by wearing tight clothing made of synthetic, poorly breathing fabrics. It is better to choose cotton, comfortable underwear. Change of linen should be daily.
- 2 Daily sanitary pads retain moisture and heat, form an environment that promotes the growth of the fungus. Frequent change of them allows to eliminate these disadvantages.
- 3 There should be a balance in the use of different food groups, give preference to vegetables, fruits, cereals, dairy products, lean meat. Sweet and flour limit to a minimum.
- 4 You can not use antibiotics without a doctor's prescription, you can not extend the course for a longer period than recommended by the doctor. Antibacterials can be combined with fluconazole (150 mg) in women with a history of vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- 5 Glucocorticoids with prolonged use also contribute to the growth of fungal flora. You can not use them without a doctor's prescription.
- 6 Antifungal drugs can not be used without the advice of a doctor, as is the case with antibiotics, this leads to the development of resistance in Candida fungi.
- 7 CDC does not recommend treatment of the sexual partner in women with thrush.
- 8 It is recommended to visit a gynecologist at least once a year in the absence of complaints, as needed, if there are any symptoms of the genital and urinary systems.
The information presented in the article is intended to become familiar with current trends in medicine and cannot replace in-person consultation of a specialist. It can not be used for self!
Causes of the chronic form of the disease
Fungi Candida in a sleeping state are in the body of each person, regardless of their gender and age. Their active reproduction begins for a variety of reasons, but most often this push becomes weakness of the immune system, for example, in the exacerbation of any disease or the presence of acute respiratory infections, SARS or flu.
If you start treatment on time, without waiting for everything to go away by itself, the body quickly recovers, sending fungi to their normal sleeping state. But in some cases, the disease can become chronic. Causes of Chronic Thrush in Women:
- For late treatment.
- With improper, unbalanced, unintelligible dietwithout compliance with the regime and diets. With excessive use of sweets and yeast pastries. Such eating behavior leads to the occurrence of dysbacteriosis, with the result that in many cases the reproduction of Candida fungi begins.
- In the presence of various diseasescaused by infections or viruses.
- When using unsuitable antibiotics for the treatment of thrush in the early stages.
- If women have various diseases of other organs in a chronic form, for example, the stomach and gastrointestinal system, liver, kidneys.
- When using contraception hormonal category During a long time.
To make a diagnosis, refer to a qualified gynecologist, who, during the examination, will take all necessary materials for the examination of the vaginal flora.
It is important to accurately determine the type of fungus Candida., which today is known about 150 species. As a rule, the material from the collected smear is used to conduct a study by sowing on the media, after which, after a few days, the characteristics of the grown fungal colony are evaluated, which allows determining their appearance and identifying the preparations to which they are sensitive.
The gynecologist can refer the patient to other specialists.. For example, in the presence of diabetes mellitus - to the endocrinologist, since it will be impossible to cure thrush if you do not take the main disease under complete control. A woman can be sent to an immunologist, as well as to doctors in other areas, depending on the existing diseases, since any of them takes away strength from the immune system, thereby weakening it and allowing fungi to develop.
Symptoms of chronic candidiasis
Symptoms of the chronic form of thrush in women are practically the same signs that are characteristic of candidiasis in the initial and acute stages. Symptoms include:
- The presence of intense burning in the area of the genitals and perineum.
- Periodic occurrence of unbearable itchingwhich tends to intensify at night.
- Skin redness in the crotch area.
- Puffiness of mucous membranes genitals.
- The presence of white discharge of the cheesy structure. Many patients note the scarcity of such secretions and only a periodic increase in their number, which is actually due to the fact that the presence of burning and itching causes the woman to wash more often to get rid of such discomfort, and with it the discharge is washed away.
Compared with the usual form, in chronic candidiasis, all these symptoms are more intense and differ in the frequency of manifestation. Besides, in case of chronic thrush women often have increased dryness of the skin of the reproductive organs, the appearance of irritation, cracks, and sometimes rashes.
Treatment of chronic thrush in women
In most cases, treatment is prescribed by a complex of a combination of special antifungal drugs and agents for local use.
Today, the choice of funds for thrush is very diverse, as well as their dosage form. But, despite the fact that information on their use is available to the general public, it is not worthwhile to self-medicate, especially with the chronic form of the ailment, when candidiasis has already gone deep.
For the medical treatment of candidiasis are applied funds of several groups. In particular, such drugs as:
- Nystatin or Natamycin. related to antibiotics of the polyene group.
- Livarol, a derivative of imidazole dioxolane, as well as other drugs in this group.
- Fluconazole and other agents derived from triazoles.
- Clotrimazole and related products related to imidazole derivatives.
Most often, in the treatment of chronic thrush in the acute stage, various preparations are used in tablet form, as well as topical creams and vaginal suppositories. The most popular and effective drugs include:
- Candles Vaginorm C, providing not only antiseptic and antifungal, but also antioxidant effect.
- Ginoflor Candles, representing an antimicrobial drug, contributing to the normalization of the state of the vaginal microflora.
- Dalatsin creamwhich is an antibiotic and has a pronounced antimicrobial effect.
- Dermazolerepresenting a series of antifungal drugs, of which a cream is used for thrush.
- Diflucan or Fluconazole tablets, which are the most popular drugs for candidiasis due to their high efficiency.
Traditional methods of treatment
Some women, not considering thrush, a serious disease, try to treat her at home on their own, with the use of various means of traditional medicine.
Of course, this method of therapy gives some results and is fully capable of eliminating the main symptoms of thrush or reducing their manifestation, but for the effectiveness of treatment it is necessary to influence the cause of the disease, and traditional methods, as a rule, are not capable of. Such agents are recommended to be used as a supplement to drug methods.
Most often, to eliminate thrush traditional medicine recommends decoctions of medicinal herbs used for douching.
Oak bark decoction It is considered a miracle cure to eliminate chronic candidiasis. It is also used for prophylactic purposes, to prevent relapses.
Medicinal chamomile decoction It helps not only to eliminate many manifestations of thrush, but also to significantly reduce the existing inflammation of the mucous membranes. Douching medicinal decoctions have only a local effect, without harming the body, so the procedure can be carried out several times a day. But you shouldn’t abuse douches, because at the same time all the vaginal flora, including the useful one, is washed out, and this considerably complicates the treatment.
A good result in the treatment of chronic type thrush is the use of soda.A pinch of which is diluted in 0.5 liters of boiled warm water. This solution should be douching twice a day for 10 days.
Diet for treating thrush
It is important to eat correctly not only during the treatment of candidiasis, but also after that, to prevent further relapses, which in the case of the chronic form of thrush in women happens quite often. Be sure to include your daily menu.:
- Fish in various species, seafood.
- Vegetables: both fresh and stewed. First of all, broccoli, beets, Brussels sprouts, carrots, dill, cucumbers, parsley, since Candida fungi cannot reproduce in the conditions they create.
- Cereals and legumes.
- Unsweetened fruits, such as plums or green apples.
- Lingonberries, fresh lemons - they perfectly prevent the reproduction of the fungus.
- Various spices and spices, such as garlic, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, different types of pepper.
- Herbal teas that can be made from the leaves of plantain, oregano, alfalfa, chamomile, clover, string, rowan berries, juniper, currants, wild rose. Drink such teas should be daily.
- Carrot Juice
- Sea cabbage.
- Pumpkin, sesame seeds, natural olive and flax oil.
- Natural live yogurt.
- Eggs, boiled liver.
- It is better to replace white bread with multi-grape varieties and pastries made from coarse flour.
It is important to exclude from the menu all types of alcohol, many sweets, especially ice cream., sweet pastry, chocolate, all sorts of sauces, including ketchup, mayonnaise, products containing vinegar.
Do not eat fatty foods., smoked foods, canned food, convenience foods, fast food, various dishes, which include hidden sugar.
Possible complications of the disease
Most often among the complications are:
- Possible infection of the developing fetus during pregnancy, which can lead to the appearance of various pathologies.
- Frequently occurring infections in the pelvic area.
- The constant appearance of all kinds of infectious diseases in any system of the body due to the weakness of the immune system, forced to constantly deal with thrush.
It is important that both partners are treated for thrush.because men also suffer from candidiasis on a par with women.
If only the woman passes the prescribed therapy, and the man refuses treatment, then subsequent infection through sexual contact will lead to the appearance of chronic candidiasis and all sorts of complications.
The main preventive measure for the occurrence of chronic thrush is the most careful attention to yourself, hygiene, intelligibility in sexual relationships.
It is necessary to be cautious with antibiotics and contraceptives of the hormonal category.. Abuse of such means or their uncontrolled and unreasonable use greatly contribute to the rapid development of thrush. Antibiotics should be taken only when prescribed by a doctor and in a strictly specified dosage.
Of great importance in the prevention of candidiasis and the nutrition of women, as well as compliance with all of the above eating rules. It is important to enrich your diet with healthy foods that will inhibit the development of fungi, creating an unfavorable environment for them.
Features of the disease
More than half of the fair sex of the planet faced thrush. With proper treatment, the disease is quickly treated and does not come back again. Chronic candidiasis is observed in 25% of cases. This is due to the lack of attention of women to their health. Often, women try to recover on their own or completely ignore the negative symptoms.
For chronic thrush characterized by the alternation of periods of rest and exacerbation. We can speak about the severity of the disease if relapses occur more often four times a year. If the symptoms of the disease appear before each month, this is evidence in favor of a serious inflammatory process, the treatment of which will be long and difficult.
Chronic thrush in women is often complicated by concomitant diseases. Genital herpes and various venereal diseases are often diagnosed. They change the symptoms, which complicates the diagnosis and provokes the transition of the problem into a chronic form.
Of particular danger is candidiasis during pregnancy. Women are recommended to undergo a full medical examination at the planning stage of conception. At the same time, both partners will have to visit the doctor.
The main causes of the problem
Fungi of the genus Candida live in the body of every woman. Their concentration is so small that it can not threaten health. Under certain conditions, the pathogen begins to actively proliferate. The causes of chronic thrush can be as follows:
- The presence of other chronic diseases, which leads to a serious weakening of the immune system.
- Sexual contact with an infection carrier without the use of barrier contraceptives.
- Violation of the standards of individual hygiene.
- Deviations in the functioning of the endocrine system.
- Changes in hormonal levels. Candidiasis often accompanies pregnancy or menopause.
- Unbalanced nutrition.
- Long-term use of antibacterial drugs.
- Long-term use of eubiotics not prescribed by a doctor. Such preparations contribute to the creation of an acidic environment in the vagina, in which yeast-like fungi feel comfortable.
With the wrong approach to the treatment of fungi can develop resistance to the effects of many drugs. It is possible only to temporarily weaken their activity, but they continue to live in the body and at any time can provoke a relapse.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to identify and eliminate the factor that provoked the development of the problem. Otherwise, the disease will not be defeated.
Danger of candidiasis
Chronic candidiasis can occur in both aged women and young girls. It represents a significant health hazard. The disease is fraught with the following complications:
- The formation of adhesions in the fallopian tubes, develops obstruction. This greatly complicates the process of conception.
- Cervical erosion.
The chronic form of thrush by itself does not lead to the appearance of oncology. But it provokes a decrease in body resistance. He loses the ability to resist viral and bacterial infections. Therefore, the probability of infection with oncogenic strains increases significantly.
The disease delivers physical discomfort. The vital activity of fungi provokes constant injury to the mucous surfaces of the vagina. This leads to excessive dryness, painful sensations during sexual intercourse. If the discomfort is too strong, the woman tries to avoid intimacy with her partner, which negatively affects her psychological state.
Candidiasis is transmitted to the sexual partner. Therefore, if the disease is diagnosed in a woman, the man will also be treated.
Not always chronic thrush has symptoms. More often the disease proceeds in a latent form. Sometimes the following signs of a problem can occur:
- Discomfort in the genital area. They are intensified during intercourse.
- The condition of nails worsens, they begin to exfoliate and quickly break.
- After sex, the appearance of whitish vaginal discharge with a repulsive sour smell is noted.
- The mucous surfaces of the vagina become dry, their shade may vary.
Recognizing chronic thrush on such grounds is very difficult. It is possible to make an exact diagnosis only after the diagnosis in a medical institution.
The most indicative symptoms appear during an exacerbation of the disease:
- Severe itching and burning in the genital area.
- During the emptying of the bladder feel cramps.
- There are secretions that have a cheesy structure and a white tint. Their smell is sharp and extremely unpleasant.
The appearance of the first symptoms of chronic thrush should push a woman to seek immediate medical attention. Many argue that it happens that a candidal lesion goes away by itself. This happens only in exceptional cases, you can not count on it.
For an accurate diagnosis, a patient is examined by a medical examination. The following methods are used:
- Microscopic examination of a vaginal smear. A gynecologist is taking a woman’s biological material. The secret is applied to a glass slide and examined under a microscope. In the presence of chronic candidiasis, yeast-like fungi will be visible.
- Bacteriological seeding. The secret of the woman's vagina is placed in a nutrient medium. After some time, the formation of a whole colony of fungi. This can happen with the image of a healthy woman. Therefore, the number of pathogens plays a key role. The presence of thrush is indicated by the number of fungi in excess of 10,000 CFU per 1 ml.
- The study of the fungus for drug resistance. This helps professionals to determine how to treat the disease as efficiently as possible.
Often, doctors recommend conducting additional research on the presence of concomitant sexually transmitted diseases. This helps to eliminate the likelihood of serious complications.
Treatment of chronic thrush should be comprehensive. Particular attention is paid to maintaining the protective functions of the body. Only by restoring immunity, will be able to cope with the disease. The following therapeutic techniques are applied:
- The use of medicines.
- Lifestyle adjustment.
A scheme to cure chronic thrush is being developed individually for each patient. Uncontrolled use of any funds will lead to a complication of the disease.
The main way to treat chronic thrush, is the use of drugs. Today, a large number of antimycotic drugs have been developed. They are available in various forms:
- Pills. Help to cope with the symptoms and cure the cause of the disease. Fluconazole, Flucostat, Diflucan, Nystatin and others are often prescribed. Such drugs in the form of tablets are prohibited to take during pregnancy, as well as for individual sensitivity to the components of the product.
- Creams and ointments. They have a good local action. The components of the drug quickly penetrate to the site of infection and inhibit the activity of fungi. Experts recommend the use of Lomeksin, Nystatin, Candide and others. The cream is injected as deep as possible into the vagina several times a day.
- Candles. They are used as an aid in the treatment of chronic thrush in women. The active substance quickly stops the reproduction of fungi. Apply Clotrimazole, McMiror, Pimafucin and others. Not all of them are allowed during pregnancy, so before starting treatment you should carefully study the instructions.
In addition to antimycotic drugs, specialists prescribe medications that restore normal vaginal microflora. The most effective are drugs in the form of candles: Bifidumbakterin, Vagikal, Laktobakterin and others. They contain beneficial bacteria that inhibit the activity of pathogenic microflora.
Immunomodulators are used to restore the protective functions of the body. Interferon-based products are recognized as the most effective and safe. Only properly cured candidiasis will not lead to the development of complications.
Drugs for the treatment of chronic candidiasis in women are effective only if the diet is adjusted. At the same time it is necessary to follow the main recommendations:
- The use of alcohol, mold cheeses, confectionery, smoked meats and marinades is strictly prohibited. These products stimulate active reproduction of the fungus.
- You will have to give up products containing a large amount of sugar: chocolate, jam, cakes, as well as sweet fruits and berries.
- Harm will bring and products containing lactose.
- The diet should include garlic, green onions, seafood, legumes, cereals, seeds and nuts.
- Benefit will bring natural yogurt, enriched with probiotics. You can cook it yourself. It is enough to find the right leaven and stock up on milk.
- The menu should contain sour berries: lingonberries, cranberries, blueberries and sea buckthorn. They can be eaten fresh or prepared on the basis of fruit drinks and fruit drinks without sugar.
- Stimulate the immune system will help the consumption of a sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables. Especially useful cabbage, carrots, beets, cucumbers, apples, lemons and plums.
- Drink more pure water. Per day you need to drink at least 1.5 liters. Supplement drinking mode can be decoction of medicinal plants: rose hips, chamomile, oregano.
The diet must be followed throughout the treatment of thrush tablets and local preparations. It was recommended to limit the use of harmful products for another three to four months after the end of the main therapeutic course.
Many people ask whether it is possible to cure chronic candidiasis quickly. In fact, you should not expect a quick recovery, it will take time. Changing the recovery process will help the patient's lifestyle change:
- For washing, use only specialized sparing agents. Antibacterial soap is forbidden to use, as it has a detrimental effect on the vaginal microflora.
- Do not abuse hot tubs.
- Never use someone else’s hygiene items: towels, washcloths, and so on.
- Do not douching too often.
- Stop using tampons. Minimize the use of panty liners. They create a favorable environment for the development of pathogenic microflora.
- Use only soft toilet paper. It does not lead to the appearance of microtraumas on the mucous surface of the vagina.
- Wear underwear made from natural fabrics.
- It is recommended to abstain from sex during the treatment. In extreme cases, be sure to use a condom.
The key to health will be walking in the fresh air and gymnastics. This will help strengthen the immune system and quickly deal with the disease.
Traditional methods of therapy
One of their methods, how to treat chronic thrush in women, is the use of products based on natural ingredients. Such therapy can be used exclusively as a supplement to the main course prescribed by a specialist. Among the effective recipes emit:
- In warm water, dissolve five tablespoons of soda. Stir the compound thoroughly and use it for a sit bath. Perform the procedure twice a day.
- In identical proportions mix calendula, string, chamomile, sage, tutsan and eucalyptus. Spoon the cooked mixture in a glass of boiling water and soak for about 35 minutes. Pour the infusion into the basin with warm water and take a sit-down bath for 20 minutes.
- Benefit will bring douching using infusion of medicinal plants. For these purposes, you can use chamomile, St. John's wort, oak bark or calendula.
- Grind the head of peeled onion using a meat grinder. From a sterile gauze cut, fold the swab. Dip it in juice, pressed from onion gruel. Insert the prepared tampon into the vagina and leave on all night. Garlic can be used in a similar way.
- Fold a sterile gauze pad. Dampen it in natural kefir enriched with bifidobacteria. Insert the tampon into the vagina and leave overnight. After removing it in the morning, do a douching using calendula decoction.
- Melt natural honey in a water bath. Roll out a sterile gauze swab and soak it in honey. Place the tampon in the vagina and leave overnight. After the first procedures, a burning sensation may occur. It will pass in three to four days.
- Победить грибок можно при помощи дегтярного мыла. Им необходимо подмываться ежедневно перед сном.
Такие рецепты в редких случаях могут провоцировать аллергические реакции. Before choosing a specific prescription, consult your doctor.
Strengthening the immune system, avoiding sexual contact with potential pathogen carriers, and careful observance of all standards of individual hygiene will help prevent the development of thrush. During intercourse, be sure to use a condom. Regularly undergo medical examinations and treat all identified problems. At the first symptoms of thrush, consult a doctor. The only way you save your health.
What is dangerous chronic thrush
Chronic thrush is much more dangerous than many girls think. In the absence of an effective treatment, the fungus does not leave the body; therefore, it is impossible to speak about complete recovery.
Untreated thrush in 70% of cases leads to such complications:
- formation of adhesions,
- pipe obstruction
- reduced immunity
- intrauterine infection of the fetus (during pregnancy),
- frequent infectious processes in the pelvic organs.
To avoid possible complications, the treatment of chronic candidiasis should be carried out strictly under the control of a highly qualified specialist.
Causes of development
The causes of chronic thrush a lot. But, most often, this form of illness develops against the background of late treatment of candidiasis in the early stages.
Pathology can also develop in the background:
- prolonged use of antibiotics
- use of hormonal contraceptives,
- viral and infectious diseases,
- hormonal imbalance,
- intestinal dysbiosis.
To protect yourself, it is enough to adhere to a healthy diet, observe hygiene of the genital organs, monitor health, and promptly treat illnesses, especially the genitourinary system.
General principles of treatment of chronic candidiasis
Despite the fact that the treatment of thrush is primarily used antifungal agents, for the effectiveness of therapy they need to be supplemented with immunomodulators.
After treatment with anti-fungal drugs, you need to perform actions aimed at normalizing the vaginal microflora.
For this purpose, beneficial bacteria are used which inhibit the development of the fungus. Most often, patients are prescribed vaginal suppositories with bifidobacteria or lactobacilli to restore microflora.
If the thrush behaves too aggressively towards its victim, in such cases, physiotherapy can be effective, such as mud therapy, electrophoresis, magnetic therapy.
Although doctors prescribe antifungal and antibacterial drugs for treating thrush, this does not solve the problem. Such treatment does not affect the cause of candidiasis, because the root cause is a way of life.
Frequent stress, improper and unbalanced diet, short sleep - all this has a negative impact on the body.
If you evaluate the drugs, the most effective are Flucostat, Diflucan, Levorin, Nystatin, Polygynax.
Despite the progressive nature of pharmacology, medications do not always give a 100% result, since pathogenic microorganisms very quickly adapt to them and lose sensitivity.
How to be treated with clotrimazole
Clotrimazole is one of the most effective drugs in the fight against thrush. In addition, the drug has various forms of release: gel, cream, ointment, suppositories, solution. Features of the drug prescribed by the doctor.
In general, the duration of treatment with Clotrimazole is 14 days. But, depending on the individual characteristics of the course of the disease, the duration of treatment and dosage can be increased up to 3 times a day.
Treatment with Fluconazole tablets
Fluconazole is an antibiotic fungicide. The drug allows you to increase the permeability of the cell wall, prevents the development of the fungus.
The use of the drug in the chronic form of thrush differs from the usual treatment. With frequent relapses, fluconazole is taken 150 mg every 72 hours in 3 doses. Then, after reaching the effect, you need to adhere to maintenance therapy: for 6 months, take 1 tablet every 7 days.
After a course of treatment, it is recommended to monitor the patient's condition, taking smears and other tests. To maximize the effectiveness of treatment, you can use multivitamins, probiotics, go on a diet.
Pimafucin and Livarol for thrush
Pimafucin - a drug recommended for chronic thrush, is allowed during pregnancy and lactation. Pimafucin is produced in 3 dosage forms: candles and cream for vaginal use, tablets for oral.
The use of Pimafucin may be accompanied by burning and irritation of the genitals. But despite this, the tool perfectly copes with the fungus, both on mucous surfaces and on the skin and nails. In addition, Pimafucin can be used to treat diaper rash in children.
Livarol is less safe, but also an effective and popular drug for thrush. During pregnancy, it can only be used from week 13, and when breastfeeding, it can only be used as prescribed by a doctor.
Livarol is produced only in one dosage form - in the form of suppositories for insertion into the vagina. Overdose of such candles is impossible.
Lomexin from thrush
Lomexin is a broad-spectrum antifungal drug that is effective for thrush, relieves symptoms.
When treating Lomexin candles need to be inserted into the vagina as deeply as possible, for the greatest effectiveness. The procedure is recommended to bedtime, after which it is not advisable to go to the toilet until the morning.
As practice shows, one tablet is enough to get rid of the fungus. But, with insufficient effectiveness of such treatment, after 3 days you can repeat the procedure.
Since the drug is made in the form of vaginal tablets and cream, choose the most convenient dosage form is not difficult. For the introduction of the cream manufacturer has developed a dispenser. With it, you need to measure 5 g of cream, put it into the vagina at bedtime. In severe thrush, you can repeat the manipulation in the morning for 7 days.
To avoid recurrence, it is recommended to treat and sexual partner.
As the modern pharmacological industry does not stand still, the variety of preparations for thrush is only increasing. Today such tools are popular:
- Hexicon (290-305 rub.),
- Terzhinan (490-560 rubles),
- Diflucan (250-980 rubles),
- Polygynax (395-670 rubles).
It is not recommended to choose the most suitable drug by yourself. Prescribing medications should be carried out by the attending physician on the basis of tests and examination, taking into account the neglect of the pathological process.
How to treat candidiasis folk remedies
Traditional methods of treatment are widely used in the treatment of thrush, especially popular with chronic manifestations of the disease. The most effective use of decoctions of medicinal herbs, douching and washing.
Despite the fact that herbal and other popular recipes help to calm the pathological process, such treatment cannot be used as the main one.
Traditional medicine should be used as a supplement to traditional therapies.
Iodine and soda
Soda - an indispensable tool in the treatment of thrush, as it allows you to create an alkaline environment, detrimental to the fungus.
Iodine is a powerful antiseptic that prevents the development of viral infections and inflammation.
Despite the fact that both soda and iodine can be used separately for the treatment of candidiasis, by combining these ingredients you can get the most lethal means for candidiasis.
With the help of soda and iodine can be douching. Such a composition will relieve inflammation and suppress the development of the fungus.
To prepare the solution, you need to prepare salt water (30 g of salt are used per 1 liter), boil it for about 2-3 minutes, cool it. Then add 5 g of iodine and soda to the brine. Douching is necessary 2 times a day for 5 days.
Baths with iodine and soda - no less effective means for washing the vagina. To do this, add 1 tsp to 1 l of hot water. iodine and 1 tbsp. soda Mix thoroughly, pour the solution into the basin, sit in the bath for 15 minutes. For the most effective procedure, repeat for 10 days.
How to help chamomile and calendula
Calendula and chamomile - medicinal plants saturated with carotene, which has a positive effect on the immune system. Also, plants relieve the human body from the harmful effects of free radicals, have anti-inflammatory effects, promote tissue regeneration.
When treating thrush from calendula and chamomile, it is possible to prepare a solution for leaching. To do this, it is enough to combine 10 g of chamomile flowers and 20 g of calendula flowers, pour 1 liter of boiling water, leave for 8 hours. Then the solution is filtered and used for washing out once a day.
The duration of treatment of candidiasis with chamomile and calendula is regulated individually.
St. John's Wort and Garlic
Garlic is a well-known remedy that increases immunity resistance. In addition, it is saturated with phytoncides, inhibits the fungus, normalizes the flora in the vagina.
In the treatment of thrush use garlic juice, previously diluting it with water 1: 3. Such garlic water is used for washing.
In addition, garlic is widely used for tamponing. For this, it is enough to wrap a clove of garlic with gauze, tightly tie up with a thread and insert into the vagina for no more than 2 hours.
Hypericum for candidiasis is used as a decoction. This tool helps to relieve burning and itching, normalize the condition of the body.
For cooking broth 3 tbsp. Hypericum is mixed with 300 ml of boiling water, infused for 2 hours, then filtered. Adding decoction in the bath, you can take a sedentary bath for 10-15 minutes. It is important to ensure that the water temperature is not too hot.
Diet for chronic thrush
Patients suffering from chronic thrush must follow a diet that promotes healing.
When thrush can be used:
- boiled or steamed meat
- vegetables and legumes,
- dairy products
- freshly squeezed juices,
- fruits, especially citrus.
In this case, it is necessary to significantly limit the use of:
- mayonnaise, ketchup and other sauces and dressings,
- whole milk,
- sugar, sweets and honey.
Such restrictions are mandatory during the treatment of candidiasis. But, if possible, it is necessary to adhere to healthy habits in later life. It is recommended to take vitamin complexes, probiotics, monitor the calorie intake.
Prevention is the best solution.
To avoid recurrence of thrush, it is important to follow the rules of hygiene for the genitals. To do this, you need to wash in the morning and evening, using specialized gels that do not destroy the pH.
It is equally important to wear cotton underwear so that the skin “breathes”.
In case of illness, when prescribing antibiotics, it is important to take probiotics to avoid the proliferation of fungi. To reduce the use of sugar and sweets, carbohydrate-containing products.
Do not douch often, especially with antiseptic solutions.
Chronic infection in pregnant women
Many pregnant women are faced with thrush, which can be dangerous for the future mother, and for the baby. In addition, the fungus tends to multiply rapidly, which will lead to inflammatory processes, and this is fraught with unpleasant consequences.
In order for a pregnant woman to say goodbye to thrush, it is important to treat the treatment comprehensively. Preparations and their dosage must be selected by the attending physician, since many drugs are contraindicated during pregnancy.
It is equally important to monitor the nutrition of the expectant mother. It should be not only balanced, but also the most fortified.
If the treatment of thrush started timely before the onset of labor, it minimizes the possibility of complications for the woman in the future and protects the newborn from infection.
Chronic candidiasis and its treatment is a complex and protracted process. Therapy should consist in the complete complex destruction of the root cause. Only in this way will it be possible to avoid relapses and possible complications.
What kind of disease is thrush?
Today, this disease is very popular, as it develops due to a weakened immune system. The correct medical name for thrush is candidiasis. The causative agent of the disease is represented by yeast fungi belonging to the genus Candida. As far as is known, there are more than 150 types of fungal agents in nature. Perhaps many do not know that about twenty of them quietly live in the body of each person. The disease overtakes women, men, children in cases where good conditions are created for the life of these conditionally pathogenic microorganisms (we will talk about them later).
In the absence of a favorable environment, the quantitative index is normal, the fungi are completely harmless, the beneficial bacteria interfere with their reproduction. In order to save their lives, the fungi have a protective shell that helps them survive in bad conditions. With a decrease in immunity, the fungi start vigorous activity through reproduction. Then they lose their protective shell, increase in size and become more round.
Reproduction occurs due to spores located in the inner part of the cell, with the help of which the candida in a relatively short period of time manages to form colonies and hit the mucous membranes. They penetrate the membrane, poison cells with toxic substances. If they penetrate very deeply, the symptoms of thrush are pronounced. There are many types of disease: thrush of the intestine, mouth, skin, nails. But the most common is thrush in women on the internal and external genitals.
How does acute and chronic thrush occur in women?
With acute thrush, it is very easy to notice the symptoms. But it is worth knowing that some hidden diseases can manifest themselves in the same way as thrush. Therefore, women are obliged to immediately contact the doctor, who will establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe treatment. With the development of a fungal infection, severe itching, burning on the mucous membrane of the genitals begins to appear gradually in the vagina. By the way, there is the so-called rapid test for thrush: you need to sit down, putting one foot on the other. If the disease is present, the symptoms will be expressed in an enhanced form.
The genitals usually become inflamed: they swell and turn red. From the vagina stand out white lumps, like cottage cheese. Also, the selection can be in the form of masses, the consistency of cream. Usually the smell resembles sour dairy products, it is often called "kefir". Sexual relations with thrush cause discomfort, and not the desired unearthly pleasure. Transmission of a fungal infection to a partner is not excluded. Therefore it is recommended to exclude intimate connections for the period of treatment. Many women, coming to the doctor, complain of increased manifestations of the disease:
- after washing, bathing,
- late evening and night
- after urination.
So, if thrush is not treatable or a woman ignores the disease, thrush goes to the next stage - the chronic stage. Let's look at the specific manifestations of chronic thrush in women. The symptoms are usually slightly different: not so bright, they appear periodically.
- The mucous membranes of the genital organs acquire a brown color, due to the long-term negative influence of Candida fungi.
- The surface of the genitalia becomes more knobby and tough.
- Infection is a danger to internal organs. For example, it develops in the gastrointestinal tract, bladder, kidneys.
- Chances of infection of the fetus in the womb of a pregnant woman are high, and infertility is also not excluded.
- Since alkaline conditions are created during menstruation and pathogenic microorganisms are not able to multiply, the disease disappears independently during this period.
- Chronic thrush has a peculiarity: it recurs about four times a year. Most often, symptoms appear seven days before the onset of menstruation due to hormonal failure.
Causes of thrush
The main reason is always the weakening of the immunity of women, which is facilitated by the following factors:
- Constant stress, fatigue, overstrain.
- Smoking. Those who smoke usually have a disturbance in the circulatory system caused by spasms in their vessels.
- Endocrinology problems. A vivid example is diabetes, overweight. Also changes in hormonal levels occur in pregnant women.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals that lead to deterioration of the skin, mucous membranes.
- Disruption of the digestive system, dysbacteriosis.
- Tuberculosis, hepatitis.
- Wrong food - the use of alcoholic beverages, products with a high content of simple carbohydrates, products with yeast, spicy and fatty dishes.
- Long or incorrect therapy with antibiotics and hormonal drugs.
The negative impact has the use of:
- flavored gels for intimate hygiene and soaps,
- прокладок во время месячных (из-за них влажность повышается, тем самым создаётся благоприятная среда для развития дрожжевых грибов).
Молочница способна развиваться по причине:
- wearing tight skirts, trousers, jeans that women love,
- poor hygiene or lack of it,
- abrupt climate change,
- the presence of chronic diseases, inflammatory processes, HIV infection,
- sexual intercourse without lubrication. The result will be the formation of injuries on the mucous membrane of the genitals, through which the fungus of the genus Candida is able to easily penetrate into the tissues, after which it will begin to infect them with reproduction.
Chronic thrush in women: treatment
If, nevertheless, in time to resort to the help of specialists, the disease can be cured so that it will never again have to meet with him. The standard treatment regimen includes: local
- antimycotic drugs,
- systemic drugs that destroy pathogens inside the body,
- therapy aimed at restoring the immune system (the use of immunostimulants, vitamins) and the elimination of associated diseases,
- diet food.
Of great importance is a serious and cautious approach to treatment. Doctors must take a smear, prescribe a complete blood count for patients.
Predisposing factors (causes)
Any form of thrush is a sign of low activity of the body’s immune system. The fungal population is normally present on the mucous membranes of the genital organs in healthy people, but in small numbers. For its active, excessive reproduction requires a number of conditions - these are the predisposing factors of the disease. If they are not eliminated, any treatment will not bring long-term effect, and the process will become chronic.
How to be treated with Clotrimazole?
Doctors prescribe this antifungal drug of local influence very often, because for many years he was able to give a good account of himself. In pharmacies sold in the form of a cream, vaginal suppositories, intravaginal tablets, solution. The active substance of the drug is clotrimazole. With the help of the solution and cream they thoroughly lubricate the affected areas, candles or tablets are introduced deep into the vagina overnight. Contraindications: individual intolerance to the constituent components. Of the negative effects are allergies that disappear in a relatively short period of time. When lactation should receive permission for treatment from the doctor, it is prohibited "Clotrimazole" during the first three months of pregnancy.
Treatment with tablets "Fluconazole"
Tablets for oral administration have a systemic effect, that is, they are absorbed into the bloodstream and kill parasitic microorganisms. The active substance of the drug has the same name - fluconazole. When treating chronic thrush in women, doctors advise starting with a dosage of 400 mg (first day of illness), then reduce the dose to 150 mg - 200 mg. In order to prevent and prevent the development of the disease, it is recommended to drink 150 mg capsule once a week or once a month. If it is necessary to get rid of the fungus in the intestines, doctors may recommend twice a day to take fifty milligrams. Analogs of Fluconazole - Diflucan, Flucostat, Mikosist.
"Pimafutsin" and "Livarol" with thrush
Today, Pimafucin is very popular as an antifungal drug. Its active ingredient is natamycin. Available in the form of tablets, creams, as well as suppositories. The positive side is that it can be used during pregnancy and lactation, it is safe and effective. For the treatment of chronic thrush of the genital organs in women, one candle is introduced into the vagina before bedtime.
The duration of therapy is from 6 to 9 days, sometimes for preventive purposes, the therapy is repeated after a period prescribed by the doctor. Since this medicine acts quickly and effectively, the symptoms may disappear after the first candle. But this should not be a reason for discontinuing therapy, it is necessary to bring it to the end. Otherwise, the consequences will be the most undesirable. Of the contraindications, only hypersensitivity to the composite components is noted.
No less well-known antifungal suppositories for acute and chronic form of thrush is Livarol. Their active substance is ketoconazole. Treatment of acute thrush usually lasts about 5 days, chronic about 10 days. Principle of use: one suppository is placed at night in the vagina. Not recommended "Livarol" in the first trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimesters, as well as during lactation, it is resorted to in cases of extreme necessity and only after obtaining permission from the doctor. Of the side effects in the vagina, itching and redness of her mucous membrane are noted.
What does traditional medicine say?
Get rid of such a popular ailment only folk remedies will not work. They are usually used in parallel with medicines. Today we look at the most harmless, effective agents that have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial action. Carrot juice is very useful for the body of every person, and even more so for a woman who suffers from thrush. The cells of the female vagina are experiencing a significant lack of beta-carotene. And where to find it, if not in a simple orange vegetable - carrots?
Carrot juice strengthens the mucous membranes of the genitals. The recommended daily amount is 200 ml to 500 ml. They usually drink before eating. Also, this folk remedy can be used for washing the vagina. In this case, resort to using a rubber pear. The treatment is carried out alternating: one washing is carried out with a tincture of sour red berries (cranberries, viburnum), the second - with freshly squeezed carrot juice. The preparation is very simple: it is required to combine the components - juice and boiled water in equal quantities.
St. John's Wort and Onions
Well-known assistants to help stop the growth of pathogens are onions and St. John's wort. The positive effect is achieved with the help of phytoncides contained in them. To prepare the solution for douching, you should take 1 liter of boiling water and pour St. John's wort. Then you need to insist for several hours, take the onion, squeeze the juice out of it, pour it into the solution and mix well.
How to be treated with oak bark?
No less well-known tool that makes it possible to destroy microbes, reduce inflammation, and prevent the penetration of fungal agents deep into the mucous membrane of the female genitalia is a decoction of oak bark. To make a decoction, you need to combine the ingredients in the following proportions:
- succession, lavender - one by one,
- oak bark - 3 parts.
Take boiling water (150 ml) and pour only 1 tbsp. l mixed herbs. Insist two hours, filter, add another boiling water in the amount of one hundred and fifty milliliters. Usually douche twice a day.
Useful recommendations for women
To prevent the chronic form of thrush, you must strictly adhere to personal hygiene. Women should wash 2 times a day. It is forbidden to use agents that have an antibacterial effect, soap with a high concentration of flavored substances. During menstruation, it is best to resort to pads with a cotton top layer. Do not forget about vitamins, sports, avoiding stress, frequent change of towels and underwear. Sexual acts should be protected, with thrush it is better to refuse them.
Forget about self-treatment and remember, the above-mentioned method of treatment is provided only for information, it is the task of a qualified doctor to prescribe individual treatment.
Even chronic thrush can be cured if you try hard and strive for it. If you can’t get rid of the infection, write to our doctor, who will correct your therapy, and it may completely change it. We wish you never get sick and always be in a good mood!
Candidiasis occurs for the following reasons:
- Unprotected sexual intercourse with an infection carrier,
- Weakened immunity due to other diseases
- Failure to comply with sanitary and hygienic standards
- Malfunction of the endocrine system,
- Natural hormonal changes (pregnancy, menopause, etc.).
The causes of relapse, or manifestations of chronic thrush are as follows:
- Hypothermia, colds,
- Any disease that lowers the immune system
- Wearing synthetic underwear
- Hormonal disbalance.
Chronic candidiasis is not always actively expressed, but with careful attention to your health, you can notice the following symptoms of the disease:
- Periodic discomfort in the intimate area (itching and burning),
- White plaque on the tongue for colds,
- Layered or crumbling nails
- Sour smell of underwear in the morning,
- Abundant discharge of light tones after sex.
Ointments and creams
In the treatment of chronic thrush, topical preparations have an auxiliary effect, so they must be combined with antifungal tablets, which include the same active ingredient as in the ointment.
Cream with antifungal effect.
Composition: Fenticonazole nitrate (active substance), water, glyceryl monostearate, disodium edetate, fatty acid ether and macrogol, hydrogenated lanolin, almond oil, propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol.
Indications for use: Genital candidiasis, trichomoniasis.
Method of use for women: The cream (5 g) is injected deep into the vagina with a dispenser once a day before bedtime, or, if necessary, twice a day (in the morning and in the evening). The average course of treatment is 3-6 days. According to the prescription of the attending physician, a longer-term treatment is possible according to an individual scheme.
Method of use for men: The cream lubricates the affected areas of the mucous membranes of the genital organs 2 times a day (morning and evening). The average course of treatment is 3-6 days. According to the prescription of the attending physician, a longer-term treatment is possible according to an individual scheme.
Contraindications: First trimester of pregnancy, individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Antifungal cream for topical use.
Composition: Nystatin (active substance), lanolin, white petrolatum.
Indications for use: Inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the genital organs of fungal etiology.
Mode of application: Outwardly, ointment is applied to the affected surface 1-2 times per day. The course of treatment is 10-14 days. According to the prescription of the attending physician, a longer treatment is possible according to an individual scheme.
Contraindications: Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Antifungal cream for external use.
Composition: Clotrimazole (active substance), propylene glycol, white petrolatum, liquid paraffin, emulsified wax wax, benzyl alcohol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, butyl hydroxytoluene, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, sodium hydrophosphate, sodium hydrophosphate, sodium hydrophosphate, sodium hydrophosphate, sodium hydrophosphate, sodium hydrophosphate, butylhydroxytoluene;
Indications for use: Fungal lesions of the skin and mucous membranes of the genital organs.
Method of use for women: The cream is injected 5 g deep into the vagina 1 time per day for 3 days. According to the prescription of the attending physician, a longer-term treatment is possible according to an individual scheme.
Method of use for men: The cream is applied to the penis 2-3 times a day, for 1-2 weeks. According to the prescription of the attending physician, a longer treatment is possible according to an individual scheme.
Contraindications: Hypersensitivity to the composition of the drug, the first trimester of pregnancy.
Vaginal suppositories for women, as well as antifungal ointments, are used as an adjunct in the treatment of chronic thrush tablets, with a similar active ingredient in the composition.
Traditional methods of treatment of chronic candidiasis are used as an auxiliary treatment to the general course of medications prescribed by a doctor.
For the treatment of thrush in men and women apply soda baths.
Cooking method: 5 tsp of baking soda dissolved in warm, but not hot boiled water.
Application: For a few minutes, sit in the basin twice a day. After the symptoms of the disease disappear, continue the procedure for at least three more days.
Cooking method: 1 tbsp. A spoonful of dry plants is poured with 1 cup of boiling water, covered with a lid, and allowed to brew for 30-40 minutes at room temperature.
Method of use for men: Strain the broth and moisten it with a soft towel of a small size made of natural fabric. Compresses do on the penis for the night, for 15-20 minutes, 7-10 days in a row.
Method of use for women: For 15-20 minutes, sit in a basin with warm water twice a day. After the symptoms of the disease disappear, continue the procedure for at least three more days.
Do not increase the number of procedures, even if they seem to you not effective enough. All of the above plants dry the skin, and if used improperly, they can slow down the healing process.
Home treatment is permissible only with the consent of your doctor. Ignoring the symptoms of the disease or taking inappropriate medications can lead to serious complications, such as chronic prostatitis, vesiculitis, diseases of the bladder and kidneys, and infertility.