Diet - Table number 3: menu for the week for children and a complete list of laxative products for constipation
Constipation is an unpleasant condition that occurs when non-compliance with the rules of a healthy diet, as well as during various diets, which are deficient in protein and low carbohydrate foods. Worst of all, when a child suffers from this disease. Along with constipation, the baby feels pain in the stomach, heartburn, suffers from gas.
Photo: Depositphotos.com. Posted by: minadezhda.
In the chronic course of the disease, more serious health problems are possible: a metabolic disorder, the formation of slags and, accordingly, a slow poisoning of the body.
Treatment with medications is not always effective and sometimes dangerous when it comes to a child. That is why experts recommend constipation diet number 3.
A diet for children with constipation belongs to the category of medical and includes a set of products rich in vitamins, mineral salts and fiber. Table number 3 is effective for prolonged use: its constituent food gradually restores the body from the inside.
Diet number 3 is divided into adults and children. But the basic principles of nutrition are unchanged.
- Children under three years old are instructed to include more vegetable dishes baked in the oven or steamed in the menu. In the network you can find many interesting recipes: vegetable pancakes, soufflé, casseroles, steam omelets and dried fruit compotes, etc.
- Older children (from three years old and more) are advised to eat raw vegetables without prior grinding.
- Meat with diet number 3 is desirable to give a child over a year about once a week. In the remaining days, preference is better to give the fish low-fat varieties in boiled or baked form.
- Too much fatty foods should be removed from the children's menu.
- To feed children should be small meals 4-6 times a day.
With a long course table number 3 gradually solves the problem of constipation in a child. But with the use of fatty, fried, sweet and salty foods you need to be careful, especially when it comes to the still not strong stomach and intestines.
Diet for constipation allows children to eat a variety of foods without compromising taste preferences.
Recipes specific to table number 3 include ingredients that have the necessary beneficial properties: normalize digestion and have a beneficial effect on intestinal motility.
Components of a children's diet for constipation:
- meat of a wiry texture, cooked according to a special recipe in one piece,
- This diet allows the consumption of brawn and high-quality boiled sausages,
- poultry meat is given along with the skin,
- the bread should be wholemeal flour - rye or wheat,
- preferably in the diet of eggs,
- fish in the diet menu should be low-fat varieties,
- daily in the diet include dairy products,
- friable porridges from wheat, buckwheat, barley and pearl barley are appropriate in the menu.
- table number 3 limits the use of rice and semolina, noodles, noodles and sago dishes,
- constant ingredients: butter and sunflower oil,
- in a large number of the third table menu contains vegetables,
- natural juices.
The first dishes are recommended to eat chilled. In the diet of the child give preference to soups and broths of vegetables.
Do not forget about drinking water (preferably special for children).
It is allowed to sprinkle food with non-spicy spices familiar to your restlessness and to use home-made sauces.
Table number 3 requires 4 meals a day at regular intervals.
The need and principles of diet number 3
Dietary nutrition, corresponding to the table number 3, is recommended when the patient is suffering from constipation, including accompanying chronic gastrointestinal diseases. The children's intestines often do not have time to adapt to the menu and fully work, which also causes problems with defecation. The standard menu of the third table for children is supplemented with food that has a laxative effect. Basic principles:
- strict diet (at certain hours, portions of food - small, the intervals between meals should be about the same),
- In diet number three, the amount of salt, carbohydrates, proteins and lipids consumed is strictly limited, drinking mode is established (1 ½ liters of fluid per day),
- the calorie level of the diet is determined on the basis of the patient’s age norm.
Table of permitted and prohibited foods and beverages
Dietary table number 3 involves a certain list of permitted and prohibited beverages and food. The first include foods that are weak - vegetables, fruits, and berries; the second includes everything that impairs intestinal motility and can increase constipation, for example, potatoes, semolina, and smoked meats.
A detailed list of products can be found in the table below.
Also note that mushrooms, blueberries, pasta and noodles are prohibited. Do not use mayonnaise and mustard. At the time of the diet will have to abandon the dried sausage.
Menu diet number 3 for a week for children
Diet number 3 involves restrictions in the diet, but this does not mean that the nutrition of children should be poor. Of the permitted products you can prepare a lot of healthy dishes that a child of 2–3 years old and a schoolchild will like and help his intestines work properly (we recommend reading: 3-year-old child nutrition: menu) What to cook dishes with a laxative effect? Below is an example menu for the week.
- For breakfast, offer the kid a porridge made from oatmeal, a light tomato salad, a slice of low-fat cheese, and a glass of coffee drink.
- At noon, he will have a bite of shredded cabbage salad with grated carrots.
- For dinner, bake veal with vegetables, make kefir cooler and cook compote.
- Dine with plum juice and millet groats. For the night - kefir.
- At 9:00 am, milk porridge with prunes, galette cookies and a cup of chicory drink with honey will appear on the table.
- Safe, - salad from fruits with honey and nuts.
- For lunch - pearl-barley soup in chicken broth, stew of vegetables and compote.
- In the evening, serve vegetarian cabbage rolls, galette cookies and vitamin rosehip decoction, and before going to bed - figs and yogurt.
- Buckwheat cereal, curd with sour cream and diluted juice - breakfast.
- After 3 hours - carrot with sour cream and a glass of compote.
- Lean soup, braised hake and squash-cabbage stew for lunch.
- Dinner - baked cabbage cutlets with oatmeal, juice. At night - acidophilus.
- Cottage cheese, milk porridge made from buckwheat groats with the addition of bran and a coffee drink will give a charge of cheerfulness.
- At 12:00 - snacking with yogurt and fruit, and at 15:00 - a hearty meal (beetroot soup, vegetable casserole, some boiled chicken and juice).
- For dinner, stuff the peppers with cottage cheese and cook beet salad with prunes. Before bedtime - koumiss.
- In the morning - dried fruit puree. The morning meal will be complemented with oatmeal cookies, steam omelette and a cup of tea with honey.
- As a snack, a fresh apple with galetny cookies is suitable.
- At lunch, the child will drink a glass of tomato juice, taste the baked fish, try a vegetable soup.
- A pair of vegetable cabbage rolls, buckwheat krupenik and a glass of plum juice will make up the evening meal.
- Milk porridge and fresh fruit will set a positive mood.
- At 12 o'clock the kid will eat baked cheese cakes with natural juice (we recommend to read: how to prepare cheese cakes for children of 1 year?).
- In the afternoon a dense meal - a plate of lean soup, a piece of boiled veal, mashed carrots and a cup of rose hips.
- For dinner - bake carp or pike and serve broccoli salad to the fish. Late snack - a little prune.
- Morning begins with a gentle cottage cheese pudding, fresh berries.
- Tea time - apple and oatmeal cookies.
- On the first day - soup without meat, whitened with sour cream, on the second - a slice of boiled turkey, delicious compote.
- The child will have dinner with vegetable cabbage rolls, a casserole of buckwheat, and at night - yogurt without additives or kefir.
Baked fish with vegetables
0.3 kg of pike or carp cut into pieces "for one bite". Grease a baking sheet with butter and put fish pieces. The next layer will be diced zucchini, then - tomatoes and cauliflower. If the child likes carrots, you can grate it on a coarse grater and sprinkle the dish. Bake in the oven for half an hour.
Omelet with cheese, greens and zucchini
Cut the zucchini, as the baby likes - into cubes, circles, triangles - put in the form, pre-oiled. Turn on the oven. Beat two eggs with 0.5 cups of milk, add 20-30 grams of grated unsalted hard cheese and some finely chopped greens to the mixture. Pour mixture zucchini. Place the form in the oven, bake for 15 minutes.
The cause of constipation may not always be associated with diseases of the digestive system. Dr. Komarovsky even believes that the lack of a child’s stool cannot always be interpreted as pathology. Constipation can occur in healthy babies.
Most often it happens in the hot season. When it’s very hot outside, the baby’s body needs a huge amount of water. All the liquid that enters the body crumbs with drinks or fruits, vegetables, is absorbed in the intestines.
If the baby is very active physically, a huge amount of water is lost in the process of sweating. Another part of the body's fluid is lost when breathing. It turns out that the water in summer is not enough.
The function of the large intestine is to ensure that when removing feces from the body as much as possible to return all the water inside. After all, the human body is 70% fluid! When the balance between water intake and its loss is disturbed during hot periods, constipation often occurs. In such cases, a strong water imbalance should be avoided. In the summer, let your child drink more (especially if he runs and plays a lot on the street, and also attends sports clubs).
Special medical nutrition allows to correct problems with the delay of the stool in babies. In order for the child to normalize the chair, consider the following rules:
- Follow the feeding regime. At 2 years old, children should eat at least 5 times a day. Diet can not be broken! Timely meals give signals to the intestines to work. All enzymes and hormones with a strict diet begin to stand out harmoniously, strictly at the same time. This allows you to adjust the process of digestion almost on the clock.
- The last time during the day the baby should eat about two hours before bedtime. This will promote good sleep, as well as digestion. During sleep, the digestive system should rest. A hearty dinner shortly before sleep can overload the body and reduce metabolism.
- After waking up, be sure to offer your child to drink half a glass of clean water. This should be plain water without gas at room temperature. Passing through the intestines, the liquid will start its work. This is an excellent prevention of constipation in babies of any age.
- For daily stool drinking mode is very important. A small body needs at least a liter of water per day. In the summer period, the liquid should be more than 300-400 ml (depending on the age of the child).
- Motivate your child to exercise. For children who love games in a team, visiting sports sections is more suitable. Physical activity has a positive effect on the activation of the intestinal motor function. Food passes faster through the gastrointestinal tract, reducing the likelihood of constipation.
- Do not forget about fresh vegetables and fruits. Alternate different vegetables each day to get a variety of vitamins in the body. Add bran to the dishes. Enter them carefully. For children over three years old, ½-1 tsp per day is enough. For babies from one to two years old, it is better to make bran-based decoction.
- Be sure to watch the kid have breakfast. Breakfast starts the body's work, giving a signal to the organs to wake up. The best choice would be boiled on water porridge or low-fat dairy products. A rich breakfast is absolutely useless for a child.
- Do not overfeed in any way. With a large amount of food the stomach after a while strongly stretches. This provokes the appearance of chronic gastritis. The volume of servings must strictly comply with the age children's norms.
- What products should be included in the children's menu
- It should be remembered that the main key component of any treatment table for constipation is fiber. It is found in all natural herbal products. Leaders in fiber content are fruits, vegetables and cereals.
- Fiber accelerates the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract and contributes to the timely allocation of feces. It helps prevent the occurrence of malignant tumors and chronic bowel disease. Regular consumption of vegetables will be an excellent means of prevention from ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
In order for the stool to be daily, the following foods should be included in the child’s diet:
- All kinds of cabbage. It can be white, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
- Berries and fruits. Children with constipation need to eat fruit along with the peel. Of course, first they should be thoroughly washed under running water and rinsed with boiling water. It is in the fruit skin that contains a huge amount of fiber, which will clean the entire intestines of the child gently, without damaging the walls.
- Various vegetables. Children from 6 months to a year should prefer cauliflower or broccoli puree. You can enter mashed potatoes or grated boiled carrots. Older children have already shown extension of the vegetable table. Mom can make casseroles or vegetable stews.
- Baking and bread from flour of the first or second grade. You can use bran bread.
- Raisins, dried apricots, dates and prunes. Babies up to one year are given compotes made from them. Older kids can be offered pre-soaked in boiling water and cooled berries. Prunes perfectly activates the bowels and eliminates constipation.
- Fresh Yogurt. Pay attention to the time of manufacture. Only fresh, freshly cooked dairy products stimulate the intestines. Products cooked more than 5 days ago have the opposite effect. Usually they strongly fix the chair.
To normalize the stool, the pediatrician usually prescribes a therapeutic diet — diet # 3. This diet can be suitable for both adults and children. It allows you to reduce the putrefactive processes in the intestines and reduce swelling.
What to include in the diet?
The basis of nutrition in this diet are the following products:
- Meat and fish dishes. They should be made from lean meats or fish. It is better to bake or steam. You can cook a variety of dishes from chicken. The skin before cooking must be removed.
- Different fruits or vegetables. Supplementing each meal with a salad of fresh vegetables will help to normalize the bowels.
- All dried fruit, especially prunes.
- Freshly prepared cottage cheese, kefir. Preparation of fermented milk products at home is recommended (using special starter cultures that contain beneficial lactic or bifidobacteria). Such yoghurts or kefir can be prepared every day.
- Cooked porridge. Infants, receiving lures, porridge when cooking is much razvarivat. The consistency should be thin, more like a soup. By the year you can cook porridge is already more dense. An excellent option would be buckwheat porridge, as well as oatmeal.
What products are prohibited?
During the diet number 3 is strictly prohibited:
Fatty, smoked and salted foods. This, for example, pork, duck or lamb. For young children to include in the diet of these products is dangerous! They not only can increase constipation, but also negatively affect the liver and gall bladder.
All pickled and canned products. After heat treatment there is practically no fiber in them, but there are a lot of spices and vinegar.
The child also can not give chocolates, confectionery with fat or butter cream, cakes and pastries.
Sample menu for the week
For successful adherence to any therapeutic diet, doctors recommend making a menu a week in advance. Make a menu on Saturday for the next week. This will allow you on Sunday to buy all the necessary products to start cooking already from Monday. Experiment with products, try to cook different recipes.
How does diet number 3
Pediatricians and gastroenterologists do not recommend that if you delay the stool of a baby, you should immediately resort to medicines. You can correct the situation by regulating the food crumbs. Diet 3 for children with constipation allows you to:
- adjust the power mode
- observe the correct drinking regime
- stimulate the digestive system
- restore the metabolic disorder,
- to adjust the intestinal function
The treatment table helps to understand which products weaken the baby’s stool and facilitate easy bowel movement. Assigned to diet number 3 children from a year. The dietary table is shown to children suffering from chronic constipation.
Общие рекомендации по приготовлению блюд диеты № 3
Лечебное питание подразумевает соблюдение определенных правил. Необходимо не только придерживаться списка продуктов, рекомендованных диетой, но и правильно готовить блюда, употреблять их в благоприятное время.
- Соблюдать дробное питание. To feed the baby you need 4-6 times a day - 3 main meals and 2 snacks. The latter should not include prohibited foods, fast food (fast food), carbonated drinks, buns. Every meal should contain healthy meals.
- Give the child small portions. To make the digestive tract easier to work, you should not load it with a large amount of food. 100–150 grams of food for children 1–7 years old will be enough.
- Exclude unfamiliar, heavy food. Completely remove from the menu exotic dishes and those that require a lot of time for digestion.
- Organize the correct drinking regime. Before each feeding, give the baby some water. At lunch, the child must eat soup. Children normally consume up to 1.5 liters of fluid per day for optimal digestion.
- Food should be given only warm, hot and cold dishes are undesirable for children.
- Minimize salt intake.
- It is not necessary to give to children from 1 to 2 years only ground, mushy meals. They do not stimulate intestinal motility. From the list of permitted products, prepare side dishes, soups, containing coarse food (suitable for a child by age).
- Break in food should be no more than 3 hours.
- Cook dishes for a couple, in the oven, cook.
In drawing up the menu, consider the age of the baby. The recommended list of products is wide, but not always suitable for children of 1-3 years old. Try to adapt the daily menu of the child to his individual characteristics.
Sample menu for babies
Pediatricians advise the following feeding regimen for infants:
- For breakfast - porridge cooked in water (boil it yourself, some modern cereals contain many sugar substitutes, which negatively affects the intestinal function). Suitable oatmeal, buckwheat, millet.
- The second breakfast may consist of milk, fruit puree. Laxative effect will be prunes, peach, apricot, apple.
- Lunch intake should be the most satisfying. Offer your child a vegetable soup, pumpkin, squash or carrot puree.
- In the afternoon, try porridge on the water. Supplement the meal with my mother's milk or fresh vegetable juice.
- For dinner, give your baby a fermented milk product (if the pediatrician permits its use). Today there is an adapted kefir in the store, a biolact for infants. They are allowed from six months of age.
- At bedtime, feed the baby with a mixture or breast milk - at his request.
The volume of food should not be large for easy digestion. Children from 6 months to a year need 50–100 grams of food, depending on its nutritional value.
Sample menu for older children
The therapeutic diet for constipation in children may include the following meals.
- in the morning, offer your child breakfast for porridge cooked in water (oatmeal, buckwheat, millet will do), vegetable or berry juice,
- the second breakfast should be light - an apple, a glass of kefir,
- at lunch, offer vegetable soup with meatballs, chicken pudding,
- dinner: vegetable salad, seasoned with vegetable oil,
- before going to bed - a glass of kefir.
- breakfast: a glass of bifidok, oatmeal porridge on the water,
- second breakfast: fruit salad of apples, peaches, apricots, kiwi,
- chicken soup low-fat, buckwheat porridge with meatballs of beef, stewed fruit,
- snack: oatmeal, freshly squeezed carrot juice,
- 3 hours before bedtime, give your child a glass of natural yogurt.
- for breakfast: millet porridge, compote of dried fruit,
- second breakfast: mashed cauliflower, zucchini, weak tea,
- for lunch: fish soup, vegetable salad, pumpkin juice,
- lunch: cottage cheese casserole, a glass of yogurt,
- Protein steam omelette, ryazhenka.
- morning: natural yogurt pudding, a glass of fresh kefir,
- second breakfast: steam protein omelet, milk,
- vegetable stew, compote of prunes, dried apricots and apples,
- snack: fruits and berries allowed by the diet, a glass of juice,
- galetny cookies, compote.
- for breakfast, offer the child buckwheat porridge, oatmeal,
- second breakfast: vegetable salad, fresh vegetable juice,
- for lunch, give the child vegetable stew, mashed prunes, apple compote,
- snack: chicken mousse, vegetable juice,
- Dinner: a glass of ryazhenka.
- in the morning: cottage cheese 100 grams, fresh carrot juice,
- second breakfast: fruit salad,
- soup with chicken meatballs, buckwheat porridge, fruit juice,
- in afternoon snack offer yogurt pudding, a glass of kefir,
- for dinner mashed prunes and a glass of fresh juice.
- breakfast: buckwheat porridge, boiled beets 100 grams,
- second breakfast: baked apple,
- lunch: vegetable soup, steamed cabbage, dried fruit compote,
- lunch: cottage cheese, a glass of kefir,
- for dinner, offer the child drinking yoghurt.
Useful food will be cooked by yourself. Prepare yoghurts, pumpkin, carrot pancakes for babies by the year. As well as cottage cheese, vegetable and fruit souffles, cook compotes.
- The treatment table was prescribed by a dietitian. Visited him when frequent constipation began. From 3 years we suffer from chronic constipation. As soon as they began to restrict the baby in the sweet and flour, which are not provided by the diet, digestion and bowel work began to improve. After a month of applying the diet, the son began to go to the toilet 1 time per day or 2 days. There were no long stool delays, as before. Meals have changed radically, for the second year I have been cooking it only on table No. 3.
- My daughter is 7 years old, went to school and had problems with the chair. She was embarrassed at first to go to the toilet, endured. As a result, came to chronic constipation. In conjunction with laxatives and diet, it was possible to improve the bowels, adjust the child in a positive way. They used diet number 3 for about three months and switched to a standard diet, after which going to the toilet again became less frequent. My daughter was straining while trying to poop. And I decided nevertheless to make medical nutrition the norm. After a week of dieting, the child goes to the toilet, as if by the hour, and without difficulty. Besides, I have fewer problems with gastritis.
- She made up the menu for the week carefully, when her son started constipation at 8 months. She was very afraid that mashed prunes would cause a negative reaction in the form of diarrhea or allergies. But just prunes and squash helped to cope with the problem. We were breastfed, so only water was added, and before three feedings we gave our son mashed apples, prunes or zucchini. Tried not to overfeed. As a result, my son already after 3 days of eating the diet number 3 began to go to the toilet without straining or capricious. We are already a year old, and we still eat at the treatment table number 3.
The opinion of narrow specialists is important. It helps to make an objective picture of therapeutic nutrition, to understand its pros and cons. After analyzing the reviews of modern nutritionists, it can be noted that table number 3 is useful not only as a diet food, but also as a regular diet for children older than a year.
Doctors distinguish such features of the diet:
- helps to remove toxins from the body,
- together with a complex of other measures eliminates constipation for a long time,
- diet increases intestinal motility,
- successful option to combat chronic constipation
- a large amount of fiber cleanses the body, restores digestion,
- without exercise, therapeutic nutrition is useless.
Nutritionists advise starting nutritional therapy only in the remission stage and on the recommendation of a doctor. With acute constipation, diet can harm a child.