At 31-32 weeks of pregnancy, obstetrician-gynecologists recommend starting to collect things at the maternity hospital in case of premature birth, and just beforehand. This is quite good advice: a woman thus begins to slowly prepare herself morally for the appearance of the child, and she may also think that she will definitely need to give birth and buy it herself, and not rely on relatives (who will definitely get something wrong) .
There are a huge number of lists in the maternity hospital: from short, modest to huge sheets with a list, which includes absolutely wild things like an electric kettle, bleach for children's clothes or iron.
Who to believe and what to take to the hospital? Let's figure it out!
There is an opinion that it is necessary to prepare three packages: prenatal, postpartum, and on discharge. In principle, it is. However, all the packages in the maternity hospital can not carry - one is enough, if you have relatives who are ready at any time to bring up the necessary things. I would like to note that you can take everything you need, but consider the rules existing in state maternity hospitals:
- Packages should be exactly the packages: not leather bags, not fabric bags. They are prohibited by sanitary and epidemiological norms.
- The amount of items taken should fit within your bed and bedside tables in the ward. Many people gain so much that you have to listen to a lot of compliments about themselves from the nurses, who unsuccessfully try to wipe the floor under the bed.
- Take a maximum of disposables: diapers, diapers, small probes of shampoo and paste - so as not to drag it all back home - believe me, the less you have to collect bags on discharge, the easier it is.
- If the plans for partnership childbirth, you should take care of the attendant's clothes (slippers, bathrobe, shoe covers, hat, mask, clean disposable clothing). Of course, the partner will need a passport and a certificate about the X-ray done.
What documents are needed in the hospital?
- Compulsory medical insurance policy (if any)
- If there is - a contract for paid childbirth or a contract for individual delivery
- Exchange card received in the antenatal clinic at 30 weeks.
- Open sick leave
- All analyzes, certificates, examinations: all that you have received over the past 9 months.
- Fresh tests for hepatitis, RW, HIV infection, urinalysis, CBC, coagulogram are obligatory. Everything else depends on the testimony and the state of health of the woman.
The future mother should prepare for herself the following things:
- Bathrobe. Choose a convenient and in accordance with the season and the presence of heating in the hospital. Terry bathrobes are prohibited.
- Shirt (for childbirth usually give the breech, so take one for postpartum pastime in the ward).
- Socks (not only woolen): they will be useful in the birth room, usually fights can be accompanied by chills.
- Washable slippers
- a pair of nursing bras with wide shoulder straps and good support (choose the size, taking into account the fact that after giving birth the breast will increase).
- five pieces of disposable pants (spotting will be quite abundant after the birth of the child. Despite the pads, the laundry is stained, so it’s easier to get disposable panties rather than wash the ordinary ones)
- plain cotton pants for the period when there is less discharge.
2. Hygiene items.
- Toilet paper - a few rolls. It is useful in many situations, there is even no need to comment.
- Pads urological or postpartum. They absorb more than usual (even at night). Better to take 2 packs.
- Wet wipes or wet toilet paper: they are more careful for going to the toilet in the postpartum period.
- Breast pads. In any case, they should be, although some young mothers milk arrives only in 3-4 days, and you can not be afraid of leakage.
- Toothpaste, brush, soap, shampoo and everything you need for personal care: you can take everything you want, but try to get samples or travel versions so as not to drag whole packages of cosmetics to the maternity hospital.
Things to rodzal.
What I just did not hear. Player, camera, drying, cookies, book. Interestingly, those who never gave birth like that? What books, what player? When the contractions begin, there will be no amusement, but it is better to sleep during breaks! You should not take food with you: suddenly there is an emergency caesarean section - and your stomach is full of cookies!
What is really worth taking is a bottle of clean, still water with a sports stopper, toilet paper and a phone with a charger. I assure you that nothing else will come in handy.
A list of these little things can stretch out on a whole notebook. However, you should not put everything that seems necessary at first glance into packages. Neither the boiler nor the breast pump (usually they are forbidden, but emergency hospitals have their own breast pumps), no tea for lactation or other seemingly useful things will be needed.
But the main things for the baby will be:
- diapers for newborns 3-5 kg or new born at the rate of at least 8 pieces per day.
- wet wipes without fragrances, very high quality, at least 2 packs: since you will use them exactly - often there are no conditions for washing under water conditions.
- disposable diaper 60x60 cm - a whole pack. They will be useful and mom (for inspections or treatment of seams, if they are)
- cream under the diaper (Drapolen, Desitin, Bepanten, Weleda protective or powder). You shouldn't take a huge arsenal of cosmetics: just one thing
- scissors for children: the newborn usually has very long nails, with which he injures himself, it is better to cut them off immediately
- cotton pads and sterile cotton for ear and nose cleaning. There are a lot of controversies about cotton buds: children with limiters are now recognized as unsafe and ineffective, advising them to use cotton wool shoes.
- bottles and the mixture - if you do not plan on breastfeeding. Otherwise they will not be useful to you. Do not take them and "just in case": immediately tune in to breastfeeding!
From the clothes should take:
- few caps (thin and warm)
- several pairs of socks and anti-scratches: 2-3
- Depending on the season, warm and thin vests of 3-4 pieces. Size depending on the expected weight of the child or 56, or 62
- sliders are also a few pieces
- body or body suits depending on the season and the air temperature in the ward.
- 3 diapers: warm and thinner, if you plan to swaddle the baby.
In general, this is all that should be useful in the maternity hospital. You should prepare a package for discharge and leave it at home - then relatives will bring it on the day of discharge.
About the finished bags in the hospital.
I want to say that I have not met a single bag with perfect filling. The manufacturer of such supposedly convenient handbags usually tries to reduce the price of the assortment and put in more money for which advertisers pay him - and such products are not always useful and even harmful for the newborn. And the prices of ready-made bags in the hospital are not democratic. So it is better to pre-assemble the necessary things themselves.
By the way, have you heard about gifts at the maternity hospital in 2018? If you are a resident of Moscow, you probably already know about the generous action in support of young families! If you live in another city of Russia, now is the time to go shopping in search of a dowry for a baby.
Remember that the main thing is a calm childbirth and a healthy baby. Everything else is just things. Do not panic if you forget to buy or bring something: these are trifles.
What should be the bag to the hospital?
Online stores offer special bags for the hospital. They are made of transparent hygienic material, supplied with additional package inserts for things of mother and child. There are models equipped with a basic or extended set of things for a woman and a baby.
Many future mothers prefer to collect the bag on their own. It is important to remember: ordinary road bales in maternity hospitals do not accept.
The bag should be made of easy-to-wash material. Inexpensive and convenient alternative will be strong plastic bags. In total, they will need four. Separately packaged:
- things for prenatal ward
- items required in the process of labor,
- things for mom after giving birth
- things for the baby.
Each package must be signed so that at the right moment you don’t have to remember where everything lies.
A list of what things need to make
In the hospital you need to take things, without which it is really impossible to do. A pre-made list is a guarantee that the expectant mother will not pick up a few packages of useless items, forgetting the necessary ones.
It is better if there are two separate lists: for a woman and a baby.
The list of things for mom includes three sections.
The package for the prenatal ward will be the most voluminous: some items will be needed during the entire stay in a medical facility.
First of all it is necessary to collect documents:
- passport (plus photocopy),
- birth certificate,
- health insurance policy (with photocopy),
- exchange card,
- contract with the medical institution (or referral),
- certificate of pension insurance (SNILS needed for registration of the prescribed payments).
If there are conclusions or recommendations of narrow specialists (for example, if a woman has chronic diseases), they should also be taken with you.
Prenatal bag should include:
- Money: in addition to a bank card, it is desirable to have a small amount in cash.
- Bathrobe, it is desirable to choose from a natural fabric.
- Slippers: be sure to be easily washable; maternity hospitals do not allow slippers made of cloth, fur, voluminous in the form of toys,
- Rubber slippers for the shower (make sure that the sole is not sliding).
- Nightdress from natural fabrics.
- Underwear (fashionable strings should be abandoned in favor of conventional cotton shorts).
- Socks (2 pairs), better from natural yarns. You can put a couple warm: women often freeze their legs because of a violation of blood circulation.
- Towels (for arms, legs, after a shower).
- Personal hygiene items: comb, toothpaste and brush, shampoo, soap (gel), sponge.
- Dishes: plate, cup, spoon, knife.
- Diaper disposable, it is desirable to have 2 packs (size 90 * 60 cm), will be needed both for inspections and during childbirth.
- Wet wipes, cotton pads, paper handkerchiefs, toilet paper (preferably special wet).
- Paper disposable pads on the toilet.
- Disposable razor.
- Packages for used linen.
- Phone (be sure to check the balance of funds), the charger.
- A notebook and a fountain pen will be needed to record doctor's advice.
- Garbage bags with strings (packaging). In maternity homes, as a rule, there are no bins for reasons of sanitary safety. Used diapers, diapers and other household waste can be folded into bags that the staff takes out daily.
On the beginning of labor activity signal contractions. During this period, women will need:
- an enema pear (the intestines are cleaned at the very beginning, usually at the stage of pulling pains, but sometimes repeated cleansing is required),
- hours (intensity and intervals between contractions need to be fixed),
- a bottle of water (non-carbonated) or warm herbal tea made from lemon balm (stimulates uterus opening),
- a tennis ball (as recommended by the doctor), a massage of the back and abdomen makes it easier to transfer pain,
- a long loose T-shirt or soft nightdress in which it will be comfortable to give birth,
- compression stockings or elastic bandages (as recommended by your doctor) will help reduce the risk of complications such as vein thrombosis.
If dad is supposed to be present at birth, a separate package with things must be prepared for him.
It should contain: a sterile set of clothes (the so-called "surgical kit"), personal hygiene items, removable shoes. Do not forget to help with the results of laboratory tests (a list of necessary studies will provide in the hospital).
Standard stay in the maternity hospital is 3 days, provided that the birth was without complications. The number of things should be taken from the calculation of this time. After the appearance of the baby, mother will need:
- special urological pads,
- absorbent postpartum diapers,
- disposable mesh panties (5 pieces),
- bra, it is good to get a special model for nursing mothers,
- postpartum bandage (at the request of the woman and doctor's recommendation),
- liner in the bra, are disposable and reusable. For the hospital, it is better to choose the first option: the inner gel layer retains moisture for up to 5 hours,
- nightdress with front closure
- ointment "Bepanten" (to heal nipple cracks),
- glycerin candles to facilitate bowel movement, especially if stitches are applied,
- breast pump: there are many reasons why milk pumping may be necessary,
- a boiler or a small electric kettle (if it is not prohibited by the rules).
Things for the baby in the hospital
In some maternity homes, mothers are offered to bring things for the baby. Other institutions prefer to issue their own sliders, vests and diapers, in which the baby will be before discharge. This point must be clarified in advance.
A sample list of things a newborn child needs includes:
- diapers at the rate of not less than 7 pieces per day,
- cream under the diaper,
- cream or powder against diaper rash,
- baby oil or moisturizer,
- wet wipes,
- gel with panthenol for washing the newborn baby (prevents irritation and redness of the skin),
- gas outlet tube (size 15–16),
- special nail scissors with rounded tips,
- baby cotton buds for the treatment of umbilical sores,
- feeding bottle (you may have to give dill water),
- diapers are thin and flannel, if a woman decides to swaddle the baby (besides, they will need it as a bed sheet for hygienic procedures),
- socks (2 pairs of soft knitwear and warm),
- caps: 2 pieces of fine calico or calico, 2 flannels (in some maternity hospitals they are asked to be without strings, it is necessary to clarify in advance), some mothers prefer soft knitted hats,
- undershirts (5 pieces), it is better to buy with closed sleeves or to purchase "anti-scratch" gloves,
- sliders (5 pieces),
- bodysuit and knitted overalls (convenient replacement for vest and sliders).
Separately, it is necessary to prepare clothes for discharge, depending on the season and weather.
Thermoregulation of a newborn baby is imperfect. Even if the delivery occurred during the warm season, at discharge, you should put the baby in an envelope or wrap it in a light blanket.
Take care in advance about the car seat (avtolyulke), if the mother with the baby go home by car. Carrying a baby is forbidden (and dangerous!).
Bag to the hospital consists of an impressive list of things. If you collect it in advance, without waiting for the first bouts, stay in a medical facility will be comfortable for mother and baby.
What to take to the hospital
In the maternity ward, where the woman in labor is delivered with contractions, mother and child will need things. So that the future father did not run according to the first need and did not collect household items and personal hygiene that he did not understand, a woman during demolitions is required to prepare in advance at the maternity hospital. She has to pack the first bag for herself, the second bag for the newborn. The third bag is documents. If we talk about trim levels, they are standard for all maternity homes.
List for mom
The first thing you need to take is your documents (an outpatient card), which the midwife requires when entering the maternity ward. For joint deliveries are required to provide passports for both parents. Husbands must provide a health certificate from the therapist, the results of fluorography performed. When a woman goes to give birth alone, one passport is enough. Here are some other things in the hospital will be required:
- several sets of underwear,
- prenatal and postnatal bandages,
- nursing bras for breastfeeding 2 pieces from natural materials,
- several sets of clothes,
- washable slippers when visiting the shower,
- personal care products (hairbrush, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and brush),
- breast pumps - manual or automatic,
- several packs of postpartum pads,
- disposable shoe covers,
- dressing gowns 2 pieces
- disposable masks,
- bath amenities with towel
- pads in the bra between feedings,
- nightgowns (special for feeding),
- removable shoes, slippers,
- a couple of sets of plastic cutlery,
- special nipple creams (anti-crack).
What you need for your baby
It is necessary not so much to choose the load itself as to pay special attention to the contents of the bag. Especially important are the fees of the newborn, because after the birth of the child the child needs to create the most favorable conditions. To collect a bag in advance, you must be guided by the requirements of the hospital. When visiting the postpartum ward, the newborn will need the following items:
- disposable diapers (several packs),
- a set of disposable diapers,
- несколько упаковок влажных салфеток,
- тканевые пеленки многоразового использования,
- ножницы с закругленными концами,
- тальк и другие предметы гигиены новорожденного,
- специальный комплект на выписку малышу (обязательно с чепчиком),
- you can buy a pacifier, a plastic bottle,
- baby clothes, scratching mittens,
- Electronic thermometer to measure body temperature.
List of things for the hospital in the winter
If the child was born in the winter, in order to stay in the maternity ward, it is necessary to prepare in advance warm children's clothing, a hat, blanket or blanket. On discharge the baby will need to purchase an envelope on a sheepskin. You can order and buy it in the online store, it will turn out not as expensive as that of ordinary children's clothing stores. So the bag for the maternity hospital in winter is no different from the summer version, except for warm clothes for mother and newborn.
When to collect things in the hospital
Shopping for a maternity hospital is a pleasant hassle that a pregnant woman needs to do in the third trimester, and not to delay shopping. Easy childbirth will be, or there will be preparation for cesarean section - it does not matter, the main thing - the collection of bags in the hospital should be completed already at 35-36 obstetric week. It is required to purchase several convenient sets of clothes for yourself, for a child - everything you need for his care.
How to collect a bag in the hospital
So, the first thing you need to buy a bag in the hospital, and then break to its gradual filling. Basic requirements - comfortable, spacious, non-dirty, compact. As for the material, it should be easy to clean, and the product itself should not be heavy. You must be prepared for the fact that the bag in the hospital will have to carry on their own. The sale of such necessary items has been adjusted, however, before making a final choice, the following recommendations are required:
- Appearance and quality. It is advisable not to choose transparent bags, it is better to sign opaque. So it will be much more convenient, and it is not at all necessary for everyone around them to know what is stored in such a baggage.
- Equipment. In one bag, everything necessary for the hospital will still not fit, so it is better to buy two or three. In the first - the mother's clothes, in the second - the necessary things for the baby, in the third - the documentation for admission to the maternity ward.
- Manufacturer. The so-called “government bag” can be assembled on your own or buy a ready-made kit for the hospital from a reputable manufacturer. If you make an order via the Internet, it will turn out cheap, and you can get it by mail. When selling prices for such products depend on many factors.
- Price. The cost depends on the configuration, so before you make a choice, you need to determine which components and in what quantity the future mother will soon need.
Ready bag to the hospital
The cost of products depends on the manufacturer's rating and configuration. In any case, the final choice remains for the pregnant woman. The range of bags is huge, so there is plenty to choose from, especially in Moscow and St. Petersburg. You can visit the maternity ward and in advance to ask what brand doctors trust, follow their recommendations. Here are the popular brands and their current products:
- model name - transforming bag for women in labor (Fest, Russia),
- characteristics - 2 500 wheels,
- pluses - complete set for the postpartum period, stylish model, original color,
- cons - lack of accessories for the newborn.
Here is the second manufacturer, which offers future mums ready-made kits to the hospital:
- model name - transforming bag (Hartmann),
- characteristics - 2 000 rubles,
- Pluses - convenient layout, spacious orange model, affordable price, the possibility of different configuration,
- cons - no.
Final prices in Moscow are much higher than provincial prices. However, if you need to save a little, a pregnant woman does not need to go shopping in another city, you can always make an order via the Internet. Below are the metropolitan retail prices of bags required for the hospital, which prevail in the free sale.
Bag to the hospital: how to choose a list of things
When it comes time to get ready for the maternity hospital, many women find themselves in complete ignorance about what they may need before and after childbirth. How to choose a bag to the hospital, as well as a list of things and other issues, we will consider in this article.
When to start to gather
If a woman attended the school of the future parents, then she was probably handed a list of things that would need to be knit with them in the maternity hospital. Do not postpone fees for the last moment. After all, at what time the birth will begin is hard to predict. The norm is when the baby is born at 36 - 40 weeks of pregnancy.
Future moms recommended:
- starting from week 32, always carry with you the necessary documents and the exchange card, which records the results of medical examinations for the entire duration of pregnancy,
- Collect all the necessary things by 36 weeks.
At the moment when the first contractions begin, the expectant mother is not in charge of collecting things. Therefore, it is better to prepare everything in advance, especially if there are no relatives or close people nearby.
Why in the hospital can not be with the bag
To date, there is no clearly defined list of things for all maternity homes in the country. Each medical institution has its own rules, but absolutely everyone adheres to the basic requirements for compliance with sanitary standards. Therefore, the woman in the department will not be allowed with a bag that will not meet these requirements.
Bags and other personal items should be easy to wash. It is categorically forbidden to keep the woman in the clothes of textile or leather bags, suitcases. They can be carriers of infections, since they cannot be washed and sanitized.
Putting the bag in the maternity hospital - a list of things
The best option would be to pack everything you need into transparent plastic bags. They should not be too much. All things are divided into four main groups, each of which is packed separately:
- Bag number 1 contains the things necessary for childbirth. The list depends on the rules that are followed in a particular hospital. Somewhere they will ask to bring everything with them, starting with slippers and ending with bed linen. In other institutions, women giving birth give everything they need from their own stocks. Theoretically, at birth, you may need a shirt for mom, washable slippers, sanitary pads, liquid soap for mom and baby. Be sure to take the water without gas. Also in this package you should put baby clothes, they will be needed in order to dress a newborn baby,
- bag number 2 consists of things that are needed in the postpartum department. This list is the largest. The woman will be in the hospital for at least three days. She will need personal hygiene items, a comb, removable underwear, socks, as well as a trash bag, toilet paper and disposable toilet seats. To keep records you will need a pen and notebook. If the mother takes the phone with her, then you should take the charger,
- bag number 3 contains things for the child. This includes several sets of clothes, diapers, liquid soap, various care products for the baby. Wet wipes and handkerchiefs are not always welcomed by pediatricians, in some maternity hospitals they are strictly forbidden, while others are strongly recommended. To avoid conflicts with the medical staff, it is better to know in advance about the rules that exist in the hospital chosen for childbirth,
- Bag number 4 should contain the things needed at discharge. Here and clothes for mom, and elegant set for the baby. These things do not necessarily immediately take to the hospital. Let the bag be collected, and relatives will bring it at the right time.
Do not overload packages with unnecessary things. It is best to divide children's clothes into sets and put them into separate packages. In order not to rummage in search of the necessary things, you can use transparent bags or bags.
You can also put things in color bags. Things mom in bags of the same color, children - another.
Bag for delivery
The bag for childbirth will be the smallest, since the expectant mother will spend relatively little time in the delivery room. Moreover, due to the strict sanitary and epidemic regime, only a minimum of necessary things can be taken into the delivery room. So, in addition to the documents in the bag for rodbloka should be:
- removable shoes made of easy-to-clean material; rubber or leather slippers are the best option
- cotton socks
- a bottle of drinking non-carbonated water with a volume of not more than 0.5 l (this condition is due to the fact that excessive drinking during childbirth is prohibited - you can only moisten lips, rinse your mouth or take a sip of water with strong thirst, so there is no sense to take a lot of water)
- one-time new shaving razor (in the event that the woman in labor could not or for some reason did not have time to shave the crotch area before entering the maternity hospital)
- compression antivaricose stockings or elastic bandages - their use is indicated for almost all expectant mothers and is mandatory for women with varicose veins of the legs (since this disease increases the tendency to form blood clots, which can lead to serious complications). Such stockings will be needed in cases where a caesarean section is planned (some time, on average, a day, the woman is in bed after the operation, moving a little, which also increases the risk of blood clots). The most convenient option is to use stockings, since bandages can creep and unwind.
- mobile phone and charger for it
As to the question of the need to take clothes with them (robe, chemise), this depends on the rules of the maternity hospital: in some it is allowed to use home clothes in the maternity unit and the postpartum ward, in others it is strictly prohibited. When choosing a shirt and gown to the delivery room, you need to remember that they must meet the basic requirements for clothes in childbirth: these things should be wide enough, not constrain the movements, if necessary, easily and quickly removed. Their hygroscopicity is also important (good air permeability and ability to absorb moisture); cotton or knitwear are the most optimal in this regard.
Bag to the hospital for the postpartum period
The postpartum period is special in the life of a woman, as her body undergoes significant changes: first, after the birth of the fetus, lochia begin to leave the genital tract, which is bloody discharge, which are quite abundant in the first days. Secondly, lactation begins - the process of production of breast milk. When collecting things in the postpartum department, you must take into account these features, which will greatly facilitate the life of the newly-made mother.
Her relatives will pass the bag to the maternity hospital for the postpartum period as soon as she is transferred from the delivery room to the postpartum ward. Mom doesn’t have to worry if the bag is brought not immediately (for example, if the birth took place at night) - everything you need in the first hours after birth (shirts, etc.) is usually available in the postpartum ward.
So, in the bag in the hospital for the postpartum period should be the following things:
- personal hygiene products: soap (preferably with an antibacterial component, since the use of such soap in the first days after birth contributes to the prevention of infection), toothpaste and brush, toilet paper, wet wipes, hairbrush, shampoo, shower gel, hair dryer, manicure accessories etc.
- cotton dressing gown, 2–3 pairs of cotton socks, a few cotton nightgowns (at least 2–3). Choosing a shirt, you should give preference to models with a deep cut on the chest or a special shirt for nursing mothers, having comfortable cutouts with clasps on the chest
- 5–7 special disposable panties made of non-woven material that are sold in the pharmacy: their important feature is a good ability to pass air (this is especially important if the mother has stitches after childbirth) and fixing the pads
- bras (preferably at least two) for nursing mothers with detachable cups
- 2 packs of sanitary pads for the postpartum period or pads with maximum absorbency
- special bra inserts that can be useful if a nursing mother has milk leak
- nipple crack prevention cream
Do not forget about the necessary things for the baby. You will need:
- a pack of diapers for newborns (for children weighing 3-6 kg)
- if you plan to stay together for mom and baby, do not forget hygiene products: baby wipes, baby cream, cream under the diaper
- If you use home-made children's clothes in your chosen maternity hospital, you need to stock up on things for your baby: 2-3 thin overalls (slip) or the same number of thin blouses and sliders, 2-3 bodysuits, thin cap or cap, socks
Relatives will bring the bag for discharge on the day when mother and baby are discharged from the hospital. Naturally, a set of things will directly depend on the season and the weather on the day of discharge.
It is necessary to prepare underwear (panties and bra), clothes and shoes for yourself. It is important to remember that the set of things prepared in advance can vary significantly depending on the vagaries of the weather, which can be very different from the weather on the day of admission to the maternity hospital.
The young mother should not forget about cosmetics, since on this memorable day for the whole family she will have to take photo and video.
The second, no less important, part of the contents of the bag is clothes for the baby. It is best to put the newborn baby in a jumpsuit and a seasonal hat. The fact is that a blanket tied with ribbons, although it is a traditional attribute of discharge from the maternity hospital, will not allow the baby to be put in the car seat. But according to the law, it is possible to transport children in motor transport only in special seats. And the baby, just born, is no exception. It is important not only not to forget the baby car seat, but also to install it in advance.
What is not worth taking to the hospital?
There are also restrictions for bringing some things, which is associated with a strict sanitary and epidemic regime of maternity homes. It is forbidden to take to the hospital:
- perishable products (meat, dairy products, fish, confectionery, vegetables and fruits, etc.)
- travel bags and suitcases, as they accumulate a huge number of pathogens. The best option is to pack in spacious new plastic bags.
- boilers and other heating appliances, as they are unsafe not only for the user, but also for those around
- clothes and shoes made of fur and wool. This prohibition is also associated with the strict sanitary and epidemic regime of the maternity hospital, since these things cannot be quickly and efficiently processed.
- The above list is only approximate, we have tried to list the necessary minimum, the expediency of which has been proved by practice. The specific choice of things will depend on the preferences of the future mother and the rules of the chosen maternity hospital - it is important to find a middle ground here so as not to take too much
It is important to remember that if partnership deliveries are planned, then you need to put things for the future mother's companion in the bag for the delivery unit - you need to take replaceable, easily washable shoes, clean cotton pants and a T-shirt. In the maternity hospital, the partner will be issued a surgical suit (pants and shirt) or a disposable gown of nonwoven material, as well as a cap, mask and shoe covers. It is advisable to learn about the requirements for the person accompanying the future mother in advance at the chosen maternity hospital.
Photo source: Shutterstock
The long journey of nine months is coming to an end - very little time is left before the birth. It seems to you that you have not had time to prepare everything necessary for the birth of a baby, however, a large belly severely limits c.
Now various courses on preparation for childbirth are very popular. But, unfortunately, not all future parents have the opportunity to visit them. .
Childbirth is an individual process, but there are some typical signs of the onset of labor activity.
The first bag to the hospital - a list of things to give birth
- OMS insurance policy,
- insurance number of an individual personal account (SNILS),
- contract (if delivery is paid),
- exchange card (issued in the antenatal clinic on the 22-23 week of pregnancy),
- birth certificate (issued in the antenatal clinic with a multiple pregnancy at 28 weeks, with a singleton - at 30 weeks),
- referral to the maternity hospital (issued at the antenatal clinic during planned hospitalization),
- passport and fluorography of the husband or other accompanying person (if a joint birth),
- compression stockings for varicose veins (if indicated),
- mobile phone,
- disposable postpartum kit (large pad, mesh panties).
The second bag to the hospital - a list of things for mom and baby
- nightgown, shirt with straps,
- washable rubber slippers,
- pants, socks (3-4 pieces),
- a small towel (2 pieces, one for mother, another for the baby),
- postpartum bandage (will help to quickly bring a drooping abdomen back to normal, remove the extra load from the spine, restore the tone of the abdominal muscles),
- packaging of disposable diapers for mom at the time of heavy discharge,
- несколько пачек гигиенических прокладок maxi, так как менять их нужно будет регулярно,
- бюстгальтер для кормления без косточек с широкими лямками (2 шт),
- специальные впитывающие вкладыши для бюстгальтера (понадобятся во время прилива молока),
- shampoo (there is no need to take a whole jar, just pour a little in a small container with a lid),
- cup, spoon,
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- solid odorless antiperspirant,
- hair tie (in some maternity hospitals it is forbidden to walk with loose hair),
- book or magazine
- pen (needed when filling out forms and signing documents),
- mobile phone charger
- bottle of carbonated water 2 l,
- soft toilet paper
- disposable pads on the toilet,
- glycerin candles to relieve the chair,
- snack (bar of muesli, biscuits, bagels, green apple),
- breast pump (may be needed if milk arrives too much),
- nipple crack cream
- a pack of diapers for newborns,
- cream or powder under a diaper,
- wet baby wipes,
- liquid baby soap for newborns,
- body (2 pieces), cap, antitsarapki, socks.
The third bag in the maternity hospital - things to be discharged
- Clothing for a newborn on an extract is selected taking into account the time of year and the preferences of parents. In the summer, it can be cotton overalls, a cap, an elegant diaper or a thin blanket. In the fall and spring - cotton overalls, warm socks, fleece overalls, a warmed hat, blanket, blanket or envelope. In winter - cotton overalls, warm socks, a cap, winter overalls or an envelope.
- Clothes for mom. Since the body has not yet returned to its former size, it is unlikely that a young mother will be able to get into her pregnant clothes. Therefore, items for discharge are recommended to prepare those that were worn in the second trimester. Shoes desirable to choose without heels.