Gynecologist-endocrinologist, what treats and how does it differ from a gynecologist?
In different areas of clinical medicine there are own highly specialized doctors. In this case, patients often have a question, who is a gynecologist-endocrinologist and what does he do? The professional interests of this specialist include the study of the effect of hormones on the functioning of the reproductive organs. In addition, the doctor conducts diagnostic research and treatment of various endocrine disorders that adversely affect the health of the female genital organs.
Gynecologist-endocrinologist than different from the gynecologist
These experts, in fact, deal with similar problems. To the question of how a gynecologist-endocrinologist differs from a gynecologist (obstetrician), one can answer that the first women are treated only with hormonal pathologies affecting the function of childbirth, and the second for all problems of women's health. At the same time, these medical specializations correlate as part and whole.
The explanation of the difference between a gynecologist and a gynecologist-endocrinologist is impossible without pointing out the apparent commonality of the professional interests of these doctors. This should take into account a deeper understanding of the latest hormonal causes of many ailments. In any case, referring to one of these specialists in any women's issues will only benefit patients.
Reception of the gynecologist-endocrinologist
Consultation of this specialist can be obtained by contacting the municipal medical institutions or specialized private centers and clinics. Currently, you can ask any question of interest to a specialist in the online mode. In this case, the virtual primary consultation is free of charge. It is important to note that in the public clinics the remote reception of a gynecologist-endocrinologist is not practiced. Nevertheless, a significant advantage of the latter can be considered free treatment.
Gynecologist-endocrinologist, how is it different from a gynecologist?
The main difference between a gynecologist-endocrinologist and a gynecologist is that the gynecologist-endocrinologist diagnoses and treats the pathological processes in the female genital and reproductive functions caused by hormonal imbalances. The gynecologist-endocrinologist possesses wide knowledge, both in endocrinology, and in gynecology.
The field of activity of the gynecologist-endocrinologist includes diagnostics, treatment and prevention of the following diseases:
- metabolic disease,
- endocrine female infertility,
- hirsutism (excessive hair on the female male type),
- problem skin and acne,
menstrual disorders, including:
- polymenorrhea, etc.
- premature puberty,
- problems of sexual development (absence or later),
- the appearance of the girl male sexual characteristics,
- chronic endometritis, salpingoophoritis,
The hormonal system of the female body is a very complex mechanism, the failure of which leads to an imbalance in the psycho-emotional state and problems in physical health, affects the state of health and negatively affects the speed of the metabolic processes, slowing down or speeding them up, and also has a negative effect on the reproductive the function of women.
When do I need to contact a gynecologist-endocrinologist?
There are a lot of reasons for going to the gynecologist-endocrinologist, we’ll give some:
- in the presence of uterine bleeding,
- with excessive hair growth,
- in case of premature or late puberty of girls,
- in the absence of signs of puberty in girls after 14 years,
- in violation of the menstrual cycle,
- in case of miscarriage,
- with menopausal syndrome,
- with overweight or obesity,
- when it is necessary to choose the means of individual contraception,
- with pronounced problems on the skin - acne, etc.
- for management of pregnancy of a woman having problems in the endocrine system, etc.
How is the reception at the gynecologist-endocrinologist?
During the initial admission of the patient, the gynecologist-endocrinologist listens carefully for complaints, carries out an examination on the gynecological chair, and also, depending on the nature of the complaints, directs to the delivery of laboratory tests and diagnostics, including ultrasound (ultrasound) of the pelvic organs and other internal organs (breast, thyroid, adrenal glands).
For the final diagnosis, the gynecologist-endocrinologist uses data from the following diagnostic studies:
- diagnosis of diabetes,
- ultrasound of the pelvic organs and other internal organs, etc.
What kind of research is needed in a particular case determines the attending physician, depending on the nature of the disease, its stage and other important points.
The obtained data will help the specialist to make a detailed picture of the functioning of the endocrine system and the hormonal status of the patient, which allows him to make the right decision and prescribe the correct treatment, which will give the necessary results.
If necessary, the gynecologist-endocrinologist can send the patient for consultation with other specialists, so that the prescribed treatment is comprehensive and as effective as possible.
The cost of consulting a gynecologist endocrinologist - 1200 rubles, repeated - 800 rubles.
Telephone for recording 201-83-13 or just fill in the form of online recording and we will call you back!
What is the difference between a gynecologist and a gynecologist-endocrinologist?
Endocrinology is a relatively young section of medicine, in whose area of interest is the study of the anatomical structure, functional activity and importance of the endocrine system of the human body (endocrine glands), synthesized by the organs of this system of hormones and their influence on various processes in the body. Pathological phenomena of the endocrine system can cause a general imbalance in the body, including destabilization and even partial dysfunction of the organs of the reproductive system of women.
The gynecological field of interest includes the study of various pathological processes of the reproductive system in women; however, taking into account all the above, gynecological problems may have an endocrinological root cause.
Gynecological endocrinology deals with diseases of the reproductive system of the female body that occur on the background of abnormalities in the work of the following organs: the thyroid gland, thymus, parathyroid glands, adrenal glands, endocrine pancreas, epiphysis, hypothalamus, pituitary gland, ovaries.
It should be understood that the most important endocrine glands in women are the ovaries, because their work directly affects the level of estrogen, which affects the appearance of the woman, the desire to like men, the ability to give love and be loved, as well as the ability to have healthy children. In addition to estrogen, the ovaries produce progesterone, which is responsible for the stability of mood and the normal course of pregnancy.
The field of professional interests of the gynecologist includes diseases of the reproductive organs arising against the background of bacterial, viral, parasitic lesions, as well as pathological disorders in the reproductive system (for example, malignant or benign neoplasms), etc.
This is what distinguishes the gynecologist from the gynecologist-endocrinologist.
What does a gynecologist-endocrinologist
Gynecologist-endocrinologist carries out professional activities in various medical institutions, both general and specialized type.
What does a gynecologist-endocrinologist? The function of the gynecologist-endocrinologist is to diagnose, prevent, and then treat diseases of the female reproductive system that have arisen on the basis of impaired functioning of the endocrine glands.
Reception of the gynecologist-endocrinologist is as follows:
- A conversation in which the doctor asks questions to the patient regarding her health. Without fail the gynecologist-endocrinologist will ask about the date of the last menstrual period. The number of questions and their direction directly depends on the reason for contacting this specialist,
- Examination of skin tissues, assessment of the condition of hair and sebaceous glands, palpation of the thyroid gland and lymph nodes,
- Examination in the gynecological chair,
It should be understood that in some cases (for example, with hirsutism) setting the diagnosis does not have significant complexity, however, in other pathological conditions, the delivery of various tests and the passage of hardware and instrumental diagnostic procedures is a necessity.
Diagnostic methods and analyzes
The list that we provide below may be subject to significant changes and additions, depending on the situation. What methods of hardware diagnostics and analyzes may be required to establish the diagnosis:
- Taking a PCR smear for infections,
- Microreaction and complete blood count,
- Thyroid scintigraphy,
- Histological analysis of uterine and cervical scraping,
- Brain research through EEG,
- Glucose Toleran Test,
- Examination of uterine mucous tissues (endometrium, hysteroscopy),
- Magnetic resonance or computed tomography to identify the functioning of the pituitary gland,
- Biopsy (if necessary)
- Research of a hormonal profile. It consists in determining the level of progesterone, estrogen, FSH and other hormones of the adrenal glands and thyroid,
What diseases are treated gynecologist-endocrinologist
The field of professional influence of the gynecologist-endocrinologist includes many diseases and some of them can be caused by harmful microorganisms. Below we give a small list of diseases treated by this specialist.
What treats endocrinologist-gynecologist:
- Infertility caused by impaired functional activity of the system of endocrine glands,
- Climacteric syndrome,
- Hyperandrogenism - a number of pathological abnormalities that occur on the background of increased secretion of male hormones,
- Abnormal puberty (delay or prematurity),
- Uterine bleeding,
- Endometriosis is a pathology characterized by uncontrolled proliferation of endometrial cells,
- Violation of menstruation (amenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, polymenorrhea),
- Gursitizm (excess hair on the body),
- Skin problems (such as acne and others),
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome),
- Postvariectomy syndrome - a complex of symptoms arising on the background of simultaneous ovarian dysfunction (after removal of the ovaries),
- NOES (neuroexchange endocrine syndrome) - a pathological condition that occurs on the background of the disruption of the functioning of the ovaries and adrenal glands,
- Pregnancy occurring against the background of deviations in the endocrine system,
- Weight gain, obesity,
- Ovarian dysfunction,
- Salpingo-oophoritis is an inflammatory process that occurs because of microorganism damage to uterine appendages (fallopian tubes and ovaries),
It should be noted that many pathologies of the endocrine system can not significantly affect the health of a woman for a long time, however, in the future they can lead to very serious consequences, which cannot be eliminated as a couple.
When it is recommended to visit a gynecologist-endocrinologist
If the following symptoms appear, consult a gynecologist and endocrinologist as soon as possible:
- The girl has early (10 years and earlier) ripening, which manifests itself at the beginning of menstruation, breast enlargement, etc.,
- Excessive weight gain, obesity,
- There are uterine bleeding,
- The appearance of the female / female sexual characteristics of men
- Developmental delay on the part of the reproductive system,
- Early menopause and the appearance of its symptoms,
- Painful menstruation,
- Detection of disorders in the functioning of the glands of the endocrine system,
- Lack of menstruation, failures of the menstrual cycle,
- Inability to get pregnant,
- Epidermis problems (acne, acne, etc.),
In addition, the doctor provides advice on the choice of methods of contraception, including contraceptive drugs.
Who is a gynecologist-endocrinologist
A gynecologist-endocrinologist is a physician who studies the hormonal function of the body, diagnoses and treats gynecological diseases, arising from disturbances in the hormonal background of the female body and excessive or insufficient production of certain types of hormones.
Competence of gynecologist-endocrinologist
Endocrinology in today's gynecology is a fundamental interdisciplinary section, which is in close conjunction with such medical areas as:
- Andrology, endocrinology.
- Gynecology, Dermatology
A doctor in this field of medicine studies the hormonal function of a female body, because the correct hormonal background of a woman is a guarantee of her health (reproductive system, harmonious development of the body, physical and psycho-emotional health, and proper metabolic processes).
All processes in the human body occur under the unconditional influence of the endocrine system (laying the organs of the reproductive system, the development and growth of the female body). The failure of the hormonal background can contribute to the emergence of serious diseases, the treatment of which the gynecologist-endocrinologist deals with.
What are the authorities within the competence of the gynecologist-endocrinologist?
The list of bodies that the doctor of this specialty deals with includes:
- The uterus, the ovaries.
- Vagina, small and large labia.
- Fallopian tubes, thyroid gland and ovarian appendages.
What diseases are treated by a gynecologist-endocrinologist
The gynecologist-endocrinologist treats disorders and diseases in women associated with the endocrine system, which include:
- Belated or lack of sexual development.
- Premature puberty.
- The appearance of male-type sexual characteristics, youthful (juvenile) bleeding.
- Uterine dysfunctional bleeding.
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and menstrual disorders.
- Hyperandrogenism, infertility, endometriosis.
- Metabolic disease.
- Individual contraception (selection).
- Conducting pregnancy in women with endocrine disorders.
- Salpingoophoritis, chronic endometritis.
- Postovariectomy syndrome.
In what situations should consult a gynecologist-endocrinologist
Visit the gynecologist-endocrinologist is necessary if such deviations were observed:
- The appearance of girls secondary sexual characteristics (increase in mammary glands, hair growth, the appearance of menstruation up to 10 years) - with premature sexual maturation.
- Juvenile bleeding (juvenile).
- With late puberty (the girl’s lack of secondary sexual characteristics: an increase in the mammary glands, the appearance of menstruation after 13-14 years).
- With uterine dysfunctional bleeding.
- With ovarian dysfunction (irregular, painful menstruation, or its absence).
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS), infertility.
- With an excess of male sex hormones.
- With endometriosis, obesity, obesity and metabolic disorders.
- When a girl has male sexual characteristics (hair growth on the body, face, voice change, stretch marks on the skin, acne).
- In the presence of salpingoophoritis, chronic endometritis.
- If necessary, surgical removal of one or both ovaries.
- For the selection of individual contraception.
What happens at the appointment with the gynecologist-endocrinologist
At the primary appointment with a doctor of this area of medicine, he listens to complaints and conducts an examination on a gynecological chair.
If necessary, and depending on the complaints, the doctor may send for laboratory tests and diagnostics.
Diagnostics include ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, breasts, adrenal glands and thyroid gland.
What studies need to go through a doctor determines depending on the nature of the disease.
If necessary, the doctor may send the patient for consultation with other specialists to determine a comprehensive and effective treatment.
Laboratory tests and diagnostics that may be prescribed by a gynecologist-endocrinologist
Analyzes, which include screening for diabetes mellitus, which includes:
- Glycosylated hemoglobin, glucose-tolerant test, antibodies to glutamic acid decarboxylase.
- Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus type 1, 2.
- Diagnostics of the thyroid gland (triiodothyronine free, thyroid stimulating hormone, thyroxin free, antibodies to thyroid peroxidase and thyroglobulin, thyreoglobulin, thyroid hormone absorption test).
- Bacterial vaginosis (qualitative definition, Lactobacillus spp., Mobiluncus curtissi, Bacteroides spp. Gardnerella vaginalis).
- Mycoplasma DUO.
- Urethral, vaginal, cervical smears to determine the flora according to Romanovsky.
- Female reproduction:
- follicle-stimulating hormone, prolactin, luteinizing hormone,
- эстрадиол, дегидроэпиандростерон-сульфат, тиреотропный гормон,
- свободный тироксин, кортизол, тестостерон,
- белок, который связывает секс-гормон.
- Toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes infection (Torch-diagnosis).
- Thyroid gland.
- Diabetes mellitus.
Useful advice of a gynecologist-endocrinologist
It is necessary to monitor the weight according to age.
In the diet one should give preference to legumes, cereals, fruits, vegetables, whole-grain bread, vegetable fats, etc. Eat small meals, but more often and regularly.
Before the onset of menstruation, reduce the consumption of flour, sweet, salty, smoked, spirits, roasted, meat and strong coffee.
Exercise regularly (swimming, walking, tennis, aerobics). Physical activity improves mood and prevents fluid retention in the body.
It is desirable to conduct sessions of manual exposure, acupressure, visceral osteopathy. They have a positive effect on the normalization of brain functions, the proper production of hormones, stress relief, the normalization of the cardiovascular system, etc.
Try to wear clothes and underwear made from natural fabrics, loose fit, not compressing the body and chest, not compressing the stomach.
Try to stop smoking if there is such an addiction.
Gynecological endocrinology: directions of therapy
A large section of medical science includes several disciplines:
- study of the hormonal status of the female body,
- solving problems of insufficient / excessive secretion of substances that regulate sexual and reproductive function,
- identifying the causes of hormonal failure,
- conducting a comprehensive diagnosis in gynecological pathologies, developing with improper secretion of estrogen, testosterone, LH, progesterone, prolactin, FSH,
- selection of the optimal method of therapy for the correction of hormonal levels, restoration of fertility, reproductive health,
- explanation of the prevention of gynecological diseases associated with hormonal imbalances,
- selection of the optimal type of contraception to prevent unwanted conception. Clarification of the mechanism of action of oral contraceptives, clarification of the dosage, regimen of administration, duration of the course, possible side effects.
Look at the rating of blood glucose meters and find out which device is best for monitoring blood sugar.
How and what to treat sore throat for diseases of the thyroid gland? Effective treatment methods are collected in this article.
How does an endocrinologist-gynecologist differ from an endocrinologist?
Profile specialist has a wider range of knowledge in the field of gynecologists and endocrinology. The doctor is engaged in identifying the causes of pathological processes, the restoration of the hormonal balance, in violation of which diseases of the sexual sphere develop in women.
- the endocrinologist does not have significant knowledge of the functioning and diseases of the reproductive system, the main profile is metabolic disorders, damage to the endocrine glands, the effects of hormonal imbalance affecting the regulation of all parts of the body in patients of different ages,
- The gynecologist-endocrinologist thoroughly understands the structure, functioning, diseases of the genital sphere associated with insufficient or excessive hormone production,
- The endocrinologist will not be able to select a comprehensive treatment for the detection of endometriosis, PMS, delayed sexual development, hormonal infertility, amenorrhea, juvenile bleeding, hyperandrogenism. The doctor will have to prescribe tests to clarify the hormonal status, send the patient for a consultation to the gynecologist for a detailed examination of the reproductive organs,
- the gynecologist is engaged in a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of all pathologies in the genital area and elements of the reproductive system. The endocrinologist-gynecologist specializes in hormonal disorders, thoroughly knows the methods of diagnosing endocrine pathologies affecting the sexual sphere,
- The endocrinologist-gynecologist not only collects anamnesis, conducts a comprehensive examination on the gynecological chair, but also clarifies the data of anthropometry, identifies factors that provoke the development of morbid obesity, excessive body hair growth, the development of male signs
- Reception of a doctor for suspected hormonal disorders in female genital pathologies takes more time: from half an hour or more. It is important to compile and maintain the menstrual calendar so that during the following techniques the gynecologist-endocrinologist can analyze the basal temperature chart, find out if ovulation has occurred.
The scope of the profile specialist
The specialist is engaged in the specification of the nature of pathologies, diagnosis, complex treatment, gives recommendations for the prevention of the following pathologies:
- menstrual disorders: polymenorrhea, oligomenorrhea, amenorrhea, menstrual irregularity,
- Cushing's disease and syndrome,
- female infertility of the endocrine nature,
- juvenile hypothalamic syndrome,
- premenstrual and menopausal syndrome,
- delayed sexual development or early onset of puberty,
- metabolic syndrome,
- uterine and vaginal bleeding in adolescence,
- menopause is premature
- male-type hair growth (hirsutism),
- morbid obesity
- dishormonal breast hyperplasia,
- hormone-producing tumors, functional types of cysts,
- neuroexchange endocrine syndrome,
- polycystic ovaries,
- violation of the secretion of hormones after removal of the uterus and appendages (postkstratsionny syndrome),
- painful menstruation,
- postovariectomy syndrome,
- after childbirth, hormonal disorders were detected in a woman,
- hypomenstrual syndrome
- excessive production of male hormones.
Learn about the symptoms and treatment of pancreatic reactive pancreatitis in children.
About what is somatotropic hormone and what are the functions of an important regulator in the body is written on this page.
Go to http://vse-o-gormonah.com/vneshnaja-sekretsija/grudnye/bolyat-v-seredine-tsikla.html and read about why mid-cycle chest sores and how to deal with a negative symptom.
What symptoms should be referred to a doctor
A woman should visit a specialized specialist when one or several negative signs appear:
- scanty or heavy monthly
- pain and discomfort in the mammary gland, aggravated before the onset of menstruation,
- absence of menstruation for 35–40 days,
- excessive growth of hair in women on the face and body,
- pain in the ovaries, the combination of discomfort with discomfort in the chest,
- in the absence of contraception conception does not occur for six months or more,
- marked early puberty in girls,
- the rapid accumulation of extra pounds,
- the appearance of male signs in the development of hyperandrogenism,
- signs of hormonal imbalance: swelling, weight fluctuations, pressure drops, PMS, mastalgia, chest engorgement, pronounced menopausal syndrome,
- appearance of heavy rash on the back, face, chest, shoulders,
- increased oily skin
- lack of menstruation and signs of puberty in adolescent girls aged 14–15,
- copious, painful menstruation for 6–7 days.
Video about the symptoms in which an urgent need to consult a gynecologist - endocrinologist:
What is the endocrine system?
The endocrine glands are an important system of the body responsible for the release of physiologically active substances - hormones. Without them, normal functioning of organs and systems is impossible. Hormones are responsible for cell division, the functioning of the liver, kidneys, heart, reproductive organs, etc.
All endocrine glands are divided into endocrine and mixed. The endocrine system consists of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, adrenal glands, pituitary, epiphysis. Mixed glands do not only produce hormones. They also have a number of other functions. This group includes the pancreas, the ovaries in women, the testes in men, the placenta in expectant mothers. Both mixed and purely endocrine glands affect human health in general. You will have to contact a specialist if even a small part of the system fails.
What is an endocrinologist?
What is this specialist, knows everyone who has at least once in his life had problems with the thyroid gland. In fact, the work of the endocrinologist is the treatment of hormonal disruptions in the body. Problems can arise not only because of a decrease in the functionality of the thyroid gland. An endocrinologist is a specialist who diagnoses diseases of the endocrine system, selects the appropriate treatment, puts on record. As a rule, pathological processes in this area require long-term therapy.
An endocrinologist is a specialist with a fairly narrow profile. This means that when any complaints appear, the patient does not immediately go to a specialist. Initially, you will have to pass a series of tests, visit the district therapist. According to the results, the patient will receive a referral to a specialist. It is possible that the representatives of the weaker sex will have to contact the gynecologist and endocrinologist. This is a doctor who deals exclusively with female pathologies. What does the endocrinologist-gynecologist do? About this further.
What does the gynecologist-endocrinologist treat?
A female doctor who treats various hormonal disorders is the gynecologist-endocrinologist. All the work of this specialist is the effect of hormones on the health of the weaker sex. If a woman turned to a specialist, certain pathological processes in the body are likely to occur. What is the difference between a gynecologist and endocrinologist from an ordinary gynecologist? That the narrow expert studies first of all the hormones allocated by sexual glands of the woman, in particular ovaries.
If the female organs of the reproductive system are functioning normally, monthly “yellow body” is produced by the ovaries, without which the full conception of the child is impossible. An interesting fact is that male sex hormones are also produced in the female body. Their overabundance or deficiency can also lead to diseases of the reproductive system.
It becomes clear how the endocrinologist differs from the gynecologist-endocrinologist. If the first specialist works with any patients, then the second one - exclusively with representatives of the weaker sex.
When should I turn to a specialist?
Many diseases are treated by a gynecologist-endocrinologist. What is different from a gynecologist? First of all, the fact that a specialist examines the pathological processes caused by the failure of the hormonal sphere of the female body. Be sure to be sent to the endocrinologist girl, who upon reaching puberty (15-16 years old) has no menstruation. It is possible that the reason was an overabundance of male sex hormones or, conversely, insufficient production of female hormones.
The unpleasant smell of discharge during menstruation, increased pain in the ovaries, the complete absence of menstruation in the absence of pregnancy - all this is a reason to consult a doctor who is engaged in the study of hormones.
Gynecologist-endocrinologist than different from the gynecologist? The main differences are in the form of the first consultation. If it is important for the gynecologist to conduct the examination correctly, then the endocrinologist should find out information about the diseases that the patient and her relatives suffered from. Consultation can last from 20 minutes to an hour.
Analyzes - obligatory stage of diagnostics
Interviewing a patient makes it possible to pre-diagnose, however, tests help the specialist determine the exact form of the disease. Gynecologist-endocrinologist and gynecologist - what's the difference? The first is that the first doctor determines the disease by blood analysis, and the second - by smear. It is possible to determine the reproductive status of a woman by analyzing prolactin, testosterone, estradiol. It often happens that a woman has several pathological processes associated with the endocrine system. Therefore, in addition it is necessary to investigate the thyroid gland, to study blood sugar levels.
Of great importance is the differential diagnosis. If there are hormonal problems in the body, in addition a woman will have to communicate with a general practitioner, endocrinologist, and gynecologist.
What diagnostic methods can still be used?
Laboratory diagnosis is not always enough to make a diagnosis. What is the difference between an endocrinologist and a gynecologist-endocrinologist? In terms of diagnosis, almost nothing. Both of these doctors work closely with specialists in other fields. This allows you to determine the diagnosis at an early stage of the disease. An ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, the diagnosis of hormonal levels, the study of changes in the thyroid gland are required. Timely start treatment allows comprehensive diagnosis. If the doctor determines the disease by a single blood test, you should not trust him.
A woman who cannot conceive a child for a long time will have to conduct a full examination of the body. That is, it will be necessary to visit not only the gynecologist-endocrinologist, but also a cardiologist, a urologist, an oculist, etc. Often, a latent infection provokes a hormonal failure. As a result, the reproductive system suffers.
What diseases are treated by a gynecologist-endocrinologist?
Any disorders in the female body related to hormones are treated by a gynecologist-endocrinologist. What is different from a gynecologist? The fact that the therapy has to be carried out for a long time. Often, you have to make adjustments to treatment, select drugs with the least harm to the body. The fact is that in most cases hormonal medications are required, which can cause the development of side effects (excessive hair growth, obesity, acne).
The gynecologist-endocrinologist treats the following pathological processes:
- late or early puberty,
- impossibility of conception due to endometriosis,
- uterine bleeding not related to menstruation,
- menstrual disorders,
- early menopause.
There are a number of diseases associated with the hormonal background of a woman. If any violations appear, it is worth consulting a specialist.
What is the difference between an endocrinologist and a gynecologist-endocrinologist? In fact, these specialists are doing the same thing. But the gynecologist-endocrinologist works only with women, studying the hormones of the reproductive system.
Difference from the gynecologist
To accurately understand the difference between a gynecologist and a gynecologist-endocrinologist, it is worthwhile to deal with diseases and conditions in which you need to consult a general practitioner. In the first place, women always turn to the gynecologist for management of the gestation period, during the routine check-up, as well as the treatment of certain pathologies.
And if gynecological endocrinology is focused on solving problems associated with the failure of the hormonal background, then you can contact a general practitioner in such situations:
- Primary consultation of a teenage girl who has no menstruation at the age of 15,
- Cystitis acute or chronic nature of the flow,
- Fungal infection of the genus Candida (thrush),
- Various infectious diseases of the reproductive organs, including those accompanied by inflammatory processes,
- The need to determine the duration of pregnancy and registration,
- Conducting pregnancy, getting a referral to the maternity hospital,
- Pain of various etiologies localized in the lower abdomen.
It is important to understand who the gynecologist-endocrinologist is, what he treats and how the examination takes place, but not all clinics have a doctor of this specialization. For example, small towns or villages in which small hospitals have a regular gynecologist staff. In this case, if there are any problems, you should contact him.
Difference from the endocrinologist
Some patients also ask how the endocrinologist differs from the endocrinologist-gynecologist. Here, as in the situation with an ordinary gynecologist, the difference is that the first doctor is a general practitioner. The main task of the endocrinologist is to study, diagnose, and treat the pathologies of the endocrine glands.
In turn, the gynecologist-endocrinologist is a doctor who, upon receiving specialization, underwent an extensive study of the female hormonal system. However, it is precisely this knowledge that enables him to diagnose any other endocrinological pathology, since he studied the endocrine system, as well as its individual components, representatives of both sexes.
Considering who the gynecologist-endocrinologist is, what this doctor does at the reception should also be found out. Immediately it should be said that a visit to this specialist will be significantly different from a visit to a general practitioner.
Consultation of the endocrinologist-gynecologist lasts from 30 minutes to an hour. Изначально медик собирает анамнез, то есть, проводит беседу с пациентом, в ходе которой получает информацию относительно образа жизни, который ведет он и его ближайшие родственники.
Since the gynecologist-endocrinologist is a doctor specializing in working with hormones, he will definitely be interested in whether the patient and his relatives have any violations in this area, including those of congenital or chronic nature. In the competence of the doctor is also drawing up an individual calendar of menstruation, which allows a woman to know exactly the day of the onset of ovulation.
Such information is of great importance, especially for those patients who have been diagnosed with ovarian dysfunction, or they suffer from bleeding that have no connection with menstruation. It is thanks to this calendar at the reception at the gynecologist-endocrinologist it will be possible to learn about more than a woman. The specialist recommends such recordings to those patients who have an unstable cycle.
A gynecologist-endocrinologist also examines a woman, during which special attention is paid to her height, weight and constitution, body parameters, the condition of her hair and skin. In certain situations, the specialist conducts an ultrasound scan of the pelvic organs, determines the state of the bone structures.
Examination of a gynecologist-endocrinologist is not limited to collecting anamnesis, ultrasound and determining the parameters of the patient. All this information, though incredibly valuable, does not allow for a correct diagnosis. To prescribe the correct treatment and set the correct diagnosis, the examination should be comprehensive and as complete as possible.
Endocrinologist-gynecologist prescribes tests necessarily. Based on their results, the specialist will be able to accurately determine the reproductive status of his patient. To do this, it will be necessary to obtain data on the level of hormones in a woman (prolactin, estradiol, testosterone, follicle-stimulating).
Let us consider in more detail what tests are prescribed by the gynecologist-endocrinologist:
- Determination of the presence or absence of diabetes mellitus of the first and second type,
- Detection of TORCH infections (toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, rubella, herpes),
- A study of the thyroid gland, in which antibodies to thyroid peroxidase are detected, thyroid stimulating hormone, the level of thyroid hormone absorption, thyroglobulin,
- Smears are collected to determine microflora (vaginal, cervical and urethral scrapings),
- Identification of signs and representatives of bacterial vaginosis and vaginitis,
- Mycoplasma DUO.
A good gynecologist-endocrinologist, based on the results of the obtained tests, will be able to immediately set the correct diagnosis, since this information will give him an opportunity to understand how the patient's body works, and where exactly there are violations.
Endocrine gynecology is a rather complicated area of medicine, because every year specialists find new genes and hormones. Given this, for a correct diagnosis and the appointment of the correct treatment specialist should use a variety of diverse methods of diagnosis of the patient.
The most common test is a blood test. According to its results, it is possible to establish whether there are any hormonal disorders, without conducting specific expensive studies. Knowing that there is a gynecologist-endocrinologist, who he is and what he treats, it is necessary to remember his close connection with other areas of medicine, which allow to correct such conditions as infertility, uterine myoma, cyst and ovarian dysfunction, endometriosis.
Getting to the examination to such a doctor as a gynecologist-endocrinologist, the diagnosis can be carried out using the following methods:
- Detection of TORCH infections,
- Ultrasound screening,
- Examination of the thyroid gland,
- Determination of hormone levels
- Detection of diabetes.
The gynecologist-endocrinologist carries out the treatment by normalizing the level of the hormonal background in the patient. It can detect pathologies that are directly related to the lack or excess of any substance, so the diagnosis is necessarily complex and thorough.
Neuroendocrine syndromes in gynecology are fully subject to the corresponding system. Each hormone is responsible for a specific process in the body, including the proper functioning of the reproductive system, the full development and growth of the female body. And, thanks to the diagnostic methods used by the gynecologist-endocrinologist (who described it earlier), one can get rid of many female diseases at an early stage of progression.
We will understand in more detail with what makes the endocrinologist-gynecologist. It has been repeatedly said that the physician of this specialization is engaged in the determination, study, and treatment of pathologies that occur during hormonal failure. Many people know that the endocrine system of the body is responsible not only for the processes of growth and development, but also for the stability of the psycho-emotional state.
Answering the question, the gynecologist-endocrinologist, what kind of a doctor, first of all I want to say that this is a specialist whose work is related to the study of such a female hormone as estrogen. It is produced in the body of each woman, allows you to save youth and is responsible for the ability to produce offspring.
What does estrogen affect in women?
With a sufficient amount of this substance, a woman always looks young and fresh, with a lack of it, the appearance initially suffers, and the work of the ovaries is also disturbed, which makes it impossible to get pregnant. Against this background, various vegetative disturbances may appear, including excessive sweating and high blood pressure.
Low estrogen is one of the main causes of endocrine infertility, the appearance of tumors on the genitals, the inability to carry the child after fertilization of the egg. The same is observed with a small amount of progesterone, and with an increased level of testosterone, the woman will notice a change in the parameters of the body, the level of hair distribution will increase, the skin will become oily.
If the girl has the problems described, then she necessarily needs the services of a gynecologist-endocrinologist, who will conduct a thorough examination, make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Regardless of whether the paid gynecologist-endocrinologist is receiving or at a regular clinic, a woman may doubt his competence. To doctors of this specialization often go on a tip from friends or relatives who were treated and were satisfied with the results.
Trying to find a doctor like a gynecologist-endocrinologist, reviews can greatly help. If you re-read the opinions of women that they leave in the thematic forums, it becomes clear that this doctor really helps to cope with many gynecological problems. The only disadvantage is the high cost of some tests, as well as the duration of treatment.