Breastfeeding Grapes: Pros and Cons
During the period of breastfeeding a woman must adhere to a balanced diet. To eat only what will be useful for her and the baby, because everything that she eats through breast milk goes to infants. Naturally, one of the main products is fresh fruit, many of which normalize the bowels and contain vitamins and minerals.
However, in addition to the beneficial properties of some fruits can cause harm to the health of the mother or newborn, for example, cause allergies. Many people think that grapes are the most allergenic. Let us consider whether the grapes are allowed during breastfeeding or not?
Useful properties of the product
Grapes - this is a berry, which for its sweetness and juiciness is one of the most beloved, especially among women. He also has many beneficial properties, contains almost all the necessary vitamins, minerals and acids:
- contains folic acid, vitamins P, K, which are directly involved in the process of blood formation, it can be eaten by a mother suffering from anemia, will also help a nursing woman to normalize blood pressure,
- contains easily digestible sugar, bioflavonoids, phytoncides, if you use grapes regularly, it will contribute to the improvement of the skin,
- there are many amino acids, such as methionine, leucine, lysine, glycine, etc.,
- there are vitamins of group C, B, H,
- contains minerals zinc, potassium, magnesium, aluminum, chromium, bromine, cobalt.
Moms can eat grapes for the prevention of various diseases: heart, kidney, liver and lungs. If you use this berry regularly, then vitality will appear, fatigue will decrease, and this is so important during the postpartum period.
Berry will help to significantly reduce cholesterol levels, remove toxins and slags from the body of a nursing mother. And also the product has antiviral effect.
Also grapes contain those elements that are necessary for the formation of the bone skeleton in babies.
Grapes during lactation: yes or no?
A nursing mother who has a shortage of breast milk can eat this berry to increase its secretion. It is believed that a woman will be useful as a red variety, and green.
But there are several points on which the use of grapes is prohibited:
- violation of the chair,
- increased gas formation,
- stomach ulcer,
This product is perfect nursing mother with constipation, insomnia, anemia.
But even the fact that a woman with lactation can eat this berry does not exclude gradual and limited consumption.
It is necessary to know that the skin of the grapes is split for a rather long time in the intestines; this can cause an increased formation of gases not only in the mother, but also in the baby. Especially not recommended to eat it the first 3 months of a child's life.
Recommendations for the introduction of grapes in the diet
Nursing mom can eat berries growing in the strip of residence, try to exclude imported grapes, as there is no reliable information about its cultivation, processing, transportation.
With the introduction of this product in food should adhere to some recommendations:
- mom is allowed to eat the berry if she is convinced that the child has no problems with the digestive tract,
- the first 3 months after birth, it is better to exclude its consumption,
- the first time you need to drink homemade grape juice, squeezed from several berries and diluted with water in equal proportions, if the baby does not have any negative reaction, then you can gradually increase the portion,
- after the juice it is better to eat 2-3 berries not on an empty stomach, not forgetting to observe the condition of the child,
- it is recommended to eat no more than one hundred grams of this product per day, and no more than two hundred grams per week,
- it is allowed to use the berry no more than 2 times a week,
- eat only homemade grapes, as bought in the store can be processed with various chemicals to extend the shelf life. Treatment products can get through the breast milk to the baby and cause irreparable harm to him.
If the mother managed to enter the product, it can be used as a separate dish, or as an ingredient in salads, yogurt, added to the cottage cheese.
Concluding, we can say that despite the fact that grapes have an excellent chemical composition, contains a large amount of vitamins, minerals, a woman should gradually introduce it into her diet with caution, carefully watching the reaction of the crumbs. In the event that a child has an allergy, colic, or a violation of the stool, it is necessary to immediately exclude the berry.
How to eat grapes during lactation
- Wash berries thoroughly before eating.
- In the first 3-4 months should refrain from eating fruits
- Enter the product in the diet start with natural juice from grapes. At the same time, dilute the juice with water in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Drink juice in the morning on an empty stomach. Then, one or two days, observe the well-being of the newborn,
- If there is no allergy, then you can gradually introduce grapes into the diet. If so, repeat the procedure at least two months later.
- On the berries, you can go after two or three doses of juice. First, it is allowed to eat one or three berries,
- The daily rate is 100 grams, weekly - 200,
- It is not recommended to use berries more than twice a week.
Grapes for nursing moms can be used. However, in the introduction of such a product in the diet should be treated with caution. After all, the fruit contains an allergen, a large amount of sugar and may adversely affect the work of digestion.
The best way - freshly squeezed grape juice and homemade fruits grown in their own garden or vegetable garden. Such grapes for nursing mothers can be consumed without any risk to health, because there are no preservatives, dyes and other harmful elements in the product.
If you managed to introduce grapes into the menu, then eat fruits not only separately, but also boldly add to salads, cottage cheese or yogurt. You will receive the necessary dose of vitamins and diversify the diet.