The site provides background information. Adequate diagnosis and treatment of the disease are possible under the supervision of a conscientious physician.
At 22 weeks of pregnancy, the fetus grows, develops, its body continues to mature and prepare for independent life after birth. Most expectant mothers in this period, as well as throughout the second trimester, feel good. Symptoms that will become most pronounced in the third trimester continue to grow - they are associated with fetal growth, an increase in the uterus, and hormonal changes in the body.
Signs and symptoms of 22 weeks gestation
At the twenty-second week of pregnancy, the future mother may be disturbed by some symptoms. Their main cause is an actively growing fetus and an enlarging uterus. Your baby captures more and more space inside your body, its weight increases. This leads to the displacement and compression of the internal organs, blood vessels and nerves, increasing the load on the lower back. The body of the fetus constantly needs energy and nutrients, so the woman's body is forced to work more intensively, activate all resources.
At week 22, a woman may experience the following symptoms:
· Stretch marks. The skin does not have time to stretch after the growing uterus. Stretch marks - the result of small tears of connective tissue, which is present in the skin. They do not look very beautiful, make many expectant mothers worry about their appearance. As a rule, stretch marks do not disappear anywhere and remain on the body of a woman for life. But after giving birth, they become very pale and much less visible.
· Forward navel. This is another symptom associated with an increase in the uterus. She pushes the navel forward, as a result, the woman gets the opportunity to launder it from what has accumulated in it, possibly since birth. Perhaps you think that the protruding navel does not look very beautiful? There is no cause for concern: in contrast to stretch marks, after childbirth, this symptom completely disappears. Your navel will look like before pregnancy again.
· Abundant vaginal discharge. Sometimes women take them for the manifestation of infection, but they are just needed in order to protect the fetus from pathogens. The main thing is that the discharge should be transparent and not have an unpleasant smell. Their occurrence is due to the fact that a woman’s blood volume increases and her flow to the genitals increases.
· Edema. Most often they occur on the legs in the afternoon, sometimes on the hands. If the swelling is small and not increasing, this is normal. If they suddenly begin to increase very quickly, this may indicate a terrible complication of pregnancy - preeclampsia. An urgent need to consult a doctor.
· Low back pain. The reason is the additional load that the spine has to experience because of a heavily grown and heavier fetus. The second important factor is the relaxation of the ligaments of the spine under the influence of pregnancy hormone. relaxin. In fact, the main target of this hormone is a pelvis. Relaxation and softening pubic symphysis (connections between the right and left pubic bones) are needed to make it easier for the child to pass through the birth canal of the mother. But "under the hot hand" of relaxin, other ligaments of the body also fall. In addition to the spine, the feet suffer: many expectant mothers note that their shoe size has increased. Flatfoot appears, legs get tired more quickly, sometimes pain is annoying. After birth, it will pass.
· Enhanced hair growth. Moreover, not only on the head, but also on other parts of the body: chin, upper lip, cheeks, stomach, legs, arms, back. This is another hello from hormonal changes during pregnancy. This time the main "culprits" are hormonesandrogens.
· Fluffy hair. The hair on the head falls out less, increases sebum production, so the hairstyle looks more lush and beautiful. After birth, nature will take its toll, the hair will begin to actively fall out.
· Shortness of breath. These symptoms will intensify until the end of pregnancy. The uterus grows and more and more pushes the abdominal organs up. Mobility of the diaphragm, and with it the lungs, is limited.
· Nail changes. They begin to grow faster, because it increases the flow of oxygen-rich blood to all parts of the body, including the fingers. In some women, the nails begin to look more beautiful, healthy. But not everyone is so lucky. Often the nails become more fragile.
· Skin changes. May please or upset. Often, due to hormonal changes and increased blood flow, the skin of the expectant mother looks beautiful and healthy, literally “shining”. As an unpleasant "surprise" at 22 weeks of pregnancy and throughout the second trimester, you can get acne (acne), stretch marks, spots and rashes, reminiscent of allergies. The skin darkens in the nipples, genitals, in the midline of the abdomen down from the navel and even on the face. It does not always look attractive. In order to prevent the occurrence of age spots, protect your skin from sunlight.
· Increase leg size. Human foot is an imperfect construction. She is not fully adapted to walking on the ground. The skeleton of the foot is formed by a multitude of small bones, connected into a single structure by ligaments and muscles. During pregnancy, the woman produces the hormone relaxin. It relaxes the ligaments, including in the foot. Bones literally "moving apart" to the side. As a result, many future mothers with surprise (and some with horror) find that they now need shoes about half a size larger. In addition to an increase in the stop cause swelling. After birth, everything should return to normal. You will wear shoes of the same size, do not rush to throw out old shoes.
· Heartburn. The growing uterus raises the stomach, as a result of its sour content is thrown into the stomach, heartburn occurs. Fortunately, there are many ways to deal with this unpleasant symptom. Review your diet. Try to remove from it to the maximum sour, fat, spicy. Do not get enough for the night. Do not lie down after eating. If these measures do not help, ask your doctor what antacids can be taken. Many drugs in this group are safe during pregnancy.
· Constipation. In addition to the stomach and lungs, the intestines also suffer from the growing uterus. At the 22nd week of pregnancy, many expectant mothers complain of constipation. The situation is aggravated by pregnancy hormones, which relax the intestinal wall, weaken peristalsis - contractions of the intestine, during which the food moves forward. Constipation can also be successfully fought. Try to drink more fluids. Eat foods rich in fiber. Maintain physical activity. If this does not work, laxatives come to help, some of them can be used during pregnancy.
· Weakness and dizziness. Arise due to the fact that the uterus squeezes blood vessels. Expectant mothers in the second trimester are not recommended to lie on their backs, as this leads to the appearance of these symptoms. To prevent them helps to drink plenty of fluids: try to drink at least eight glasses of water daily.
· Cramps in the muscles of the legs. Especially often occur at night. The causes of this condition are still being discussed. Many doctors and scientists believe that seizures occur due to a lack of calcium and magnesium. Talk to your doctor: perhaps you should take prenatal vitamin-mineral complexes.
· "Fog in the head". Forgetfulness, inattention, distraction - sometimes these symptoms are so strong that they introduce the future mother to the state of despair and make you cry. In fact, there is no reason to worry. This is a temporary condition, it will end with pregnancy. In the meantime, try to concentrate on only one case at a time. Multitasking is now contraindicated.
· Emotional issues. Often they occur in the second trimester of pregnancy, when the stomach is already greatly enlarged. Many women worry that they will not be able to become good mothers, that something can happen to a child. If you are faced with this condition, find a person who can support you, and share with him. You can visit a psychologist.
Pregnancy at 22 weeks of twins
In pregnancy with twins at week 22, the expectant mother’s belly looks somewhat larger than in women who carry one fruit. She is gaining weight more, some symptoms of pregnancy may be more pronounced.
“The doctor said that I was at high risk because I was pregnant with twins. What does this mean?"
The group of increased risk includes all future mothers who have a higher chance of complications during pregnancy. Any double pregnancy automatically becomes a reason for the woman to be classified as an increased risk. This does not mean that something terrible is going to happen.
Many women who are pregnant with twins give birth to completely healthy babies. But you need to be more attentive to your health. The doctor in the antenatal clinic will appoint more frequent checkups, they can not be skipped.
What complications occur during twin pregnancy?
Serious complications are rare. Moms who have two fetuses in their tummy have an increased chance of having a preterm birth. The risk of miscarriage is increased, but in the first trimester, abortion is generally a fairly common situation, such a probability is present in any pregnancy. However, many miscarriages occur at very early stages, and women do not even know about them, and their symptoms are taken for menstruation.
During a miscarriage, the expectant mother can lose only one child in early pregnancy. At the same time, the second one develops further normally and is born completely healthy. There are no symptoms, the woman may never know that she was pregnant with twins. This condition is called vanishing twin syndrome. This is a fairly common condition: it occurs in about 30% of cases with twin pregnancies.
Women who are pregnant with twins are more likely to be concerned about vaginal bleeding in 30% of cases, compared with 20% in singleton pregnancies.
In the later stages of a double pregnancy, the following symptoms may be of concern:
· These expectant mothers have a higher blood pressure, as two babies need more oxygen and nutrients.
· Increased risk preeclampsia - dangerous complications associated with high blood pressure. It occurs about three times more often with a double pregnancy and nine times more often with three fruits during pregnancy.
· Increased risk gestational diabetesespecially if the woman had a high body mass index before pregnancy. If you suspect this condition, your doctor will prescribe a test for glucose tolerance.
· Women who are pregnant with twins are more likely to suffer from iron deficiency anemia. Manifestations of this condition: pallor, constant weakness, dizziness, headaches.
· Pregnant cholestasis - A condition in which liver function is impaired. It is believed that its occurrence is associated with elevated levels of pregnancy hormones - estrogen and progesterone. With dual pregnancy, they are higher than with singleton.
What are the risks that twins will be born sick?
The risks are small, but they are still higher than in singleton pregnancy. In twins, chromosomal abnormalities are approximately twice as common. Of congenital malformations, those that affect the heart are most common. But most often they wear a mild or moderate degree.
Twins are more likely to have intrauterine growth retardation. Often, after birth, they are smaller and weigh less than children born in singleton pregnancies. But in most cases this does not affect their health in any way, there is no reason to worry. However, there are risks of some problems with intrauterine growth retardation, in some cases indications for cesarean section occur.
Various developmental abnormalities, including genetic disorders, help to identify different types of prenatal screening: ultrasound, biochemical, non-invasive prenatal tests.
Complications are more likely to occur in identical twins, who receive blood through one placenta, than in frantically different ones, each of which has its own placenta and fetal bladder.
For example, 15% of women who are pregnant with identical twins develop feto-fetal transfusion syndrome. In this case, one child (recipient) gets more blood than others (donor), as if “stealing” him. The donor develops worse and grows, is in a state of anemia, and the recipient receives too much blood, because of this, his heart is under increased stress. Feto-fetal transfusion syndrome is diagnosed by ultrasound.
With a double pregnancy, the risk of stillbirth is increased - about 12 cases per 1000 births compared with 5 cases per 1000 births in singleton pregnancies.
How to prevent complications of double pregnancy?
Reduce the risks will help some recommendations:
· Regularly visit the female consultation doctor, do not miss the visits.
· For any obscure symptoms, it is better to immediately seek medical help. Be attentive to your health.
· Eat a healthy diet.
· Drink plenty of fluids, do not get dehydrated.
· Exercise. For future moms useful yoga, swimming, Pilates.
· During pregnancy in general it is definitely not smoking. With a double pregnancy, the bad habit is especially dangerous.
What is the probability of preterm labor?
The probability of preterm birth is quite high - this is the main, most common complication of double-pregnancy. But at the same time, the normal term of labor is somewhat shifted. If for single-parent pregnancy the rate is 40 weeks, then for a double pregnancy - 37 weeks. For triplets, the normal period starts at 35 weeks.
More than half of twins are born before the 37th week, about 10% - up to 32. The risks of serious health problems are highest in premature babies born before the 30th week.
With a double pregnancy, the higher the likelihood that babies will need special care after birth, they will have to be placed in the intensive care unit for a while. Often, after the mother is discharged home, newborns for some time still have to be in the hospital.
Twenty-second week of pregnancy - how much?
Among obstetricians and gynecologists, it is common to use the so-called obstetric gestational age. It is counted from the first day of the last menstrual period. In fact, fertilization occurs about two weeks later. The term starting from this day is called fetal gestation. It is more accurate, but if you use it, there is no clear guideline: no woman will be able to tell which day her egg met with her partner's sperm.
The ratios are as follows:
· The twenty-second week of obstetric gestational age corresponds to the twentieth week of embryonic term.
· Twenty-second week of embryonic period corresponds to the twenty-fourth week of obstetric.
What happens to the fetus at 22 weeks gestation?
In the twenty-second week of pregnancy, the fruit is about the size of a coconut. It weighs about 430 grams, the length from the top of the head to the toes is 27-28 cm. It is already quite similar to the newborn, only in miniature. His small features of the face, lips, eyelids, eyebrows are becoming more distinct. Tiny dental buds are formed in the thickness of the jaws - in the future, baby's teeth will develop from them.
Small eyes are fully formed, they have long responded to light, but in their iris there is still no pigment, so it has no color - although the color is still genetically predetermined at birth. Many children are born with light, blue eyes, and then, as pigment accumulates, they can become darker, greener or brown.
The skin of the fetus is no longer transparent because pigment is deposited in it. melanin, under it grows a layer of subcutaneous fat. But adipose tissue is not yet fully formed, it continues to grow, so the baby looks thin, his skin is covered with wrinkles - they will be straightened for birth. The skin of the fetus is covered with fine hairs - lanugo - they help to keep warm until the body fat is developed. By birth, these hairs should fall out completely, but they can remain if the child is born ahead of time.
Hair grows on the head of the future child; they gradually acquire color. The development of hair occurs individually. Some babies are born with thick hair, others - completely bald.
At week 22, new connections are formed between the nerve cells in the body of the fetus, thanks to which the sense of touch is improved. The kid begins to learn new sensations: he touches his face, the umbilical cord. Exercises reflexes: the fetus captures the umbilical cord, sucks fingers. On the fingers there are already tiny marigolds.
Продолжают развивается внутренние органы. На двадцать второй неделе беременности у будущего ребенка происходит активное созревание и совершенствование функций поджелудочной железы. The development of the lungs is accelerating: they are preparing to take the first breath after the baby is born.
The genitals are well developed: the girls have a uterus and vagina formed, there are eggs in the ovaries - some of them will become your grandchildren in the future. In boys, the testicles are located in the abdominal cavity, they gradually descend into the scrotum.
An interesting fact: mother's hormones-estrogens act on the external genital organs of the fetus, due to this they immediately after birth appear enlarged, swollen, but subsequently return to normal for some time.
The main organ of blood formation in the fetus becomes red bone marrow.
Fetal movements in mom's tummy
At 22 weeks of pregnancy, almost all women feel quite well, as the baby pushes in the tummy. Now it is no longer a faint feeling, resembling a rumbling bowel. However, some future mothers still do not particularly feel the activity of the fetus. Do not panic. If, according to the results of ultrasound and other studies, the doctor said that everything is in order with the child, you will soon begin to feel how he is pushing.
The fetus produces its own sleep and wakefulness regime, while it may not coincide with yours at all. Some mothers note a “lull” during the day and intense “kicks” in the stomach at night.
Ultrasound in the 22 week of pregnancy
If a woman underwent the first and second prenatal ultrasound on time, then at the 22nd week of pregnancy it is usually not prescribed, unless with an increased risk of certain complications and the need for additional monitoring. The pictures will show all parts of the body and internal organs of the unborn child, its bones, spine, brain. If the ultrasound is done while the baby is awake, you can see how he moves his arms, legs, and plays with the umbilical cord.
With the help of Doppler, you can assess the blood flow in large vessels, the work of the fetal heart. At the same time, in accordance with the pulse waves, the ultrasound diagnostics apparatus will emit characteristic sounds.
Visible during ultrasound and genitalia - unless the baby will not close them from the sensor. If during the second planned ultrasound it was not possible to determine the sex of the child, do not worry. What a difference, a boy or a girl - because this is your baby, it is in any case a great joy. The main thing that he was healthy.
Images with ultrasound at 22 weeks of gestation are as follows:
22 weeks - how many months?
Obstetric and fetal period differs by 7-14 days. Obstetric is calculated from the first day of the last menstruation. Fetal begins directly from conception day. 22 weeks in the obstetric calendar is 5 months and 14 days. What is this month for embryonic calculation? This is exactly 5 months, since this period is shorter by about 2 weeks.
To accurately determine the date of fertilization of an egg is a very difficult task. This is possible in rare situations when a girl remembers the exact date of unprotected sex and sex on other days. In other cases, physicians use the obstetric calendar. About him it will be discussed in our article.
What does a woman feel
Reviews mommies suggest that at the 22nd week of pregnancy there is an improvement in digestion and general well-being. Of course, this is not always the case. Many face late toxicosis and other problems.
With a favorable development of pregnancy, the girl's condition improves, her appetite increases, her emotional state normalizes, her fears are less disturbing, because a woman has time to get used to her new position by this time, rethinks many aspects.
Feelings with mom:
- Often, at 22 weeks of gestation, a girl appears copious. If the secret has a transparent, odorless consistency, you should not worry. Such secretions are considered normal. A gynecologist should be contacted if brown, beige or greenish spots with an unpleasant odor appear on the laundry.
- White spots may indicate thrush. This fungal disease is often observed during gestation of the crumbs due to the weakening of local immunity.
- Many girls have a backache. There is pain in the left or right side. With the development of these symptoms, it is necessary to undergo a medical examination in order to exclude possible pathologies of the internal organs.
- Sometimes moms complain about bleeding gums. This condition is caused by hormonal changes in the body and a decrease in immunity. A woman should visit a dentist who will help you choose a special toothpaste. It is also important to monitor enough calcium and phosphorus in the diet.
- For the same reasons, nasal congestion may appear. Do not worry. This symptom passes on its own after the baby is born. As soon as the hormonal background of the girl is restored, breathing through the nose will return to normal. If this problem causes severe discomfort, you can use saline solutions for washing.
Often, mommies are worried about diarrhea, flatulence, in the morning they are still sick. The growing uterus puts pressure on the intestines and stomach, which can cause such unpleasant symptoms. To cope with the problem will help proper nutrition. To choose a diet, you can consult a doctor.
In addition, the sensations may be as follows:
- At 22 weeks of pregnancy, the appetite improves. When this happens quite a rapid weight gain. For a week, a woman gains about 0.3-0.5 kg. It is necessary to monitor the increase in body weight. Often, when a baby is born, a fluid is retained in the pregnant woman’s body, resulting in swelling.
- In the sixth month, some patients experience weakness and dizziness, not associated with toxicosis. This is due to the rapid growth of blood volume in the body. At the same time, new uniform elements do not have time to form, which causes physiological anemia.
- Mom on this period continues to bother frequent urination. Although she had already managed to get used to it a bit, she was particularly concerned about the night trips to the toilet.
The above are not all the problems that a woman faces during pregnancy. Many mothers have lower abdomen, lower back pain, swollen legs, and heartburn. At this time often hemorrhoids occur. Girls also have to deal with varicose veins in their legs.
Of course, there are some positive aspects. It is interesting to know that it is at the 22nd week of pregnancy that many women experience their first orgasm. Varicose veins, dizziness, frequent urination and other problems will seem like a trifling matter when meeting your long-awaited child.
Learn about breastfeeding nutrition now. Read our article mom's food in the first month of lactation.
Dangerous signs at 22 weeks gestation
It is very important for the future mom to learn how to distinguish between a normal physiological state during pregnancy and a pathological one. This face can be quite invisible.
Immediately contact your doctor should be when the following symptoms:
- the movements stopped or became very rare,
- high body temperature rose
- pulls the lower abdomen, the uterus feels like a stone, the loin hurts for a long time,
- there was bloody discharge
- watery stains on laundry are also dangerous. This may indicate a leakage of amniotic fluid,
- developed pain in the lower abdomen or in the lumbar region in conjunction with high body temperature,
- edema, edema, nausea, dizziness, vomiting,
- the waters are gone.
When detecting the above signs of a pregnant woman, it is recommended to call an ambulance. Often these symptoms indicate the onset of preterm labor, placental abruption and other dangerous conditions.
At this period, training fights may already appear. Learn more about them here.
How does a child change
At 21-22 weeks of pregnancy, the toddler weighs approximately 400-500 g, and its growth reaches 25-30 cm. The weight of the infant is rapidly increasing every day. A fatty layer is formed under the skin, thanks to which the folds on the child's body are smoothed and the tiny body becomes not red, but pink.
In the sixth month, hairs appear on the head. Now they are called lanugo. They are necessary to preserve the original lubrication of the baby, which is designed to protect it. This grease nourishes the crumb, protects against the effects of a harmful environment. In addition, it provides a better glide through the birth canal.
What happens to the fetus at week 22, from a physiological point of view:
- The brain of the little man is fully formed. Now its mass is about 100 g.
- If we compare the mental development of the crumbs with his condition at the embryo stage, now the baby has moved to a completely different level. The little horned boy hears, sees the light through his eyelids covered, touches his body, plays with the arms and legs, constantly learns new skills.
- In an infant at this time sweat glands are formed, all internal organs continue to improve (stomach, intestines, lungs, testicles in boys, ovaries in girls).
- Heart rate is up to 160 beats per minute. The heart is constantly increasing in volume, pumps blood.
- On the arms and legs, you can see the nails, facial features change, cilia and eyebrows appear.
- There is a strengthening of bones and spinal column. At 22 weeks of pregnancy, Mom should be aware of the need for adequate consumption of calcium in food products.
At this time, the liver is actively working. Now the body is able to process toxic substances and remove them from the body through the placenta.
In detail to learn about the development of the baby throughout the entire period of intrauterine development will help our article "Calendar of pregnancy."
The parameters of the fetus on ultrasound
At the 22nd week of pregnancy, an ultrasound examination is not performed in a planned manner. Ultrasounds are usually done at 18-20 weeks. If mom did not have time to go through the procedure or previous results were dubious, then at this time the ultrasound scan is performed unplanned.
The specialist pays special attention to the structure of the fetal skeleton and how proportional the bones are. Such indicators as the coccyx parietal size (CTE), the length of the nasal bone and others are taken into account. The doctor fixes the state of the placenta and amniotic fluid. With the help of ultrasound it is possible to diagnose polyhydramnios or low water.
Ultrasound examination allows you to determine the location of the placenta in the uterus, see the damage to the "children's site", estimate the number of blood vessels in the umbilical cord, the speed of blood circulation through them, the tone of the uterus and other parameters.
Separate attention in the 22 week of pregnancy is given to the assessment of the brain of the child. Examination of the cerebellum and other parts of the organ eliminates hydrocephalus.
Interpretation of ultrasound
At week 22, the results of the photometric study should meet the following standards:
- OJ (roundness of the child’s tummy) - 150-190 mm,
- BPR (biparietal size) - 49-60 mm,
- frontal occipital size - 65-75 mm,
- OG (head roundness) - 175-212 mm,
- thigh - 35-45 mm,
- shoulder - 31-39 mm,
- a shin - 31-39 mm.
The index of resistance of placental vessels should be on average 0.51, slight fluctuations are allowed. The systolodiastolic ratio in the umbilical cord should be from 3.87 to 3.95. The index of resistance in the arteries of the umbilical cord - 0,61-0,83.
Photo of the fetus on ultrasound
In these photos you can see what the baby looks like during the ultrasound study at 22-23 weeks of pregnancy:
Here pregnancy is twins:
Determine the sex of the child now is not difficult. Many parents do not specifically want to find out who is in the tummy, boy or girl. They keep the intrigue before giving birth.
Details about the development of crumbs by months from birth to a year, read here.
Photos tummies at 22 weeks of pregnancy
The size and shape of the tummy depends on many aspects. These include the constitution of the body of mommy, the location of the fetus in the womb, the rate of weight gain and many other factors.
How the tummies look like in different girls can be seen in the photo:
Too big or small size of the abdomen should alert mom. This may indicate polyhydramnios or low water and other developmental pathologies of the baby. To exclude such deviations, it is important to visit the doctor in a planned manner and take all the necessary tests.
Pelvic presentation of the fetus
Normally, the baby in the womb at the 22nd week of pregnancy should already turn its head down. If this does not happen, it is customary to talk about pelvic presentation of the baby, that is, buttocks down. In addition, there are foot or mixed presentation.
The danger of this condition lies in the fact that it is often necessary to make a decision on delivery by Cesarean section. Often, pelvic presentation occurs entanglement with umbilical cord and other complications. Mom with this diagnosis do not worry. Up to 38 weeks, the baby still has time to roll over to the desired position. Special exercises help in this. You can see them in the video.
Any gymnastics should be carried out only after consulting with a specialist.
Another pathology, often found in the twenty-second week, is the short cervix. Short is the neck, the length of which is less than 2 cm. The danger of this deviation lies in the fact that the growing fetus constantly puts pressure on the uterus, thus can cause miscarriage.
Prevention of preterm birth can be done by following simple guidelines:
- mommy has to give up weightlifting,
- it is important to eliminate physical exertion and even homework,
- you need to try to remove stress and worries,
- the girl must be on an appointment with a doctor, take all prescribed tests.
In severe cases, the woman is shown to be in a hospital.
Sometimes, to preserve pregnancy, a special ring is put on the cervix or neck is sutured. Before birth, stitches are removed. Often the short neck is caused by hormonal disorders. By the way, if you want to know about the norms of hCG during pregnancy, this article is for you.
The 22nd obstetric week or the 20th embryonic week is half the time. Many mummies face the problem of low placentation when carrying a baby. Do not confuse this condition with placenta previa.
Normally, the placenta is attached to the anterior or posterior wall of the uterus closer to the bottom of the reproductive organ, that is, farther from the exit of the uterus. If the placenta is located below 6-7 cm to the uterus, it is a low placentation.
Many are puzzled by the question of whether to fear this condition? With proper management of pregnancy, severe complications are rare. In most cases, it is possible to bear and give birth to a healthy baby.
At twenty-two weeks of pregnancy, a small person in the womb already has its immunity, but colds suffered by mommy can still do much harm to a child. Bacterial and viral infections entail various complications. In this regard, even the usual ARVI should be treated under the close supervision of a physician.
If the temperature is low and the woman’s condition is satisfactory, the disease is treated at home. It is recommended to drink plenty of fluids, more rest. Nutrition should include vitamin C and other essential trace elements.
When the condition worsens or when the body temperature of the pregnant woman rises, it is necessary to contact the hospital.
Nutrition at 22 weeks gestation
Diet is important for any period of childbearing. To saturate the body with vitamins and not to gain excess weight Mommy must carefully plan their menu.
- Buckwheat, bran, oatmeal, pumpkin, apples, sorrel, olives - contain iron, which helps prevent such a frequent occurrence as anemia.
- Dried apricots, raisins, cabbage, carrots, milk, cheese, cottage cheese - include calcium. This substance strengthens the bones of the mother and baby.
- Chocolate, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, sunflower oil - contain magnesium, which helps the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Fish, beef, pork, chicken, eggs - include animal protein, which is the basis for the structure of all tissues.
- Shrimp, squid and other seafood - a source of iodine.
Proper nutrition is key to the healthy development of the child and the well-being of women.
At week 22, the girl should treat her health with special care, because now a tiny life is growing and developing under her heart. What a pregnant woman can do:
- attend female consultation in a planned manner,
- take the prescribed tests
- When any disturbing symptoms appear, Mom should report them to her gynecologist,
- due to the increased load on the spine, a pregnant woman often has a backache. Try to relax and wear more comfortable shoes.
- It is important to avoid prolonged exposure in stuffy, poorly ventilated areas.
- give up long journeys,
- need to monitor weight gain, eat right,
- often walk in the fresh air
- try to eliminate stress
- любые медикаменты нужно принимать строго по назначению врача.
На 22 неделе мамочка должна следить за своим режимом дня.
Нельзя перетруждаться, выполнять тяжелую физическую работу. Это негативно скажется на общем самочувствии женщины и здоровье малыша.
Хотите узнать, сколько молока должен съедать новорожденный? Читайте нашу статью.
You can visually learn about what is happening with mother and baby in the 22nd week of pregnancy by watching this video.
What happens to the uterus and belly in the 22nd week of pregnancy?
The uterus continues to grow. In singleton pregnancy, its size and, indirectly, the size of the fetus, is determined by the indicator, which is called the height of the bottom of the uterus. This is the distance from the upper edge of the pubic bones to the very top of the uterus. At 22 weeks of pregnancy in the norm it should be 20-24 cm. The bottom of the uterus rises above the navel.
During pregnancy with two fruits, there are no certain normal indicators of the height of standing of the bottom of the uterus, which could be oriented. If the expectant mother is wearing twins in the stomach, this indicator is variable.
Hormones in the 22 week of pregnancy
Hormonal effects at 22 weeks of pregnancy in different women are variable. In most cases, in the second trimester, they cause an increase in libido and make sex even more pleasant:
· The chest becomes more sensitive to tactile stimulation. The main thing - do not overdo it, so as not to cause pain.
· The blood flow increases in the genital area - due to this they become more sensitive.
· Due to the increased blood flow to the vagina, the amount of vaginal lubrication increases.
But in some women, despite elevated levels of sex hormones, the opposite effect occurs - they try to avoid intimacy. The causes are different: discomfort and pain during sexual intercourse, some symptoms and complications of pregnancy, fear of harming the child, and increased fatigue. It is important that mutual understanding with a partner is reached in this matter: it is worth talking to him, explaining his condition.
How much should an expectant mother gain in weight?
A normal second trimester weight gain in a single pregnancy is approximately 450 grams per week, plus or minus. In order to provide the child with the necessary substances and energy, the expectant mother must consume 300 calories daily in excess of those she ate before pregnancy.
But there is no need for pharmacy accuracy. It is not necessary to count each gram and each calorie. The main thing is to comply with the basic criteria for normal weight gain:
· If you add a little more or a little less than 450 grams per week, there’s nothing to worry about. But if it seems to you that you are gaining a lot of weight too much or, on the contrary, very slowly, it is better to consult your doctor once again. More than 1300 grams per week during the second trimester of pregnancy is definitely not the norm.
· Weight gain should be approximately uniform. It may be different in different weeks, but in general, the variation should be small. If you suddenly start to gain weight very much, this may be the first sign of a dangerous pregnancy complication - preeclampsia.
· Your diet should contain a variety of foods, the necessary set of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and trace elements.
· There are better often and in small portions - 5-6 times a day.
· Some conditions during pregnancy, such as heartburn, constipation, nausea, can interfere with normal food intake. Consult a doctor, he will give the necessary recommendations and prescribe drugs that are safe during pregnancy.
Pregnancy calculator: calculate the rate of weight gain by weeks
How to eat?
Your baby is growing, its organs are ripening, there are many complex, critical processes in them. In order for them to proceed normally, not only energy is needed, but also building materials, the main of which is protein. Here are 8 foods from which your body can get extra proteins during pregnancy:
1. Domestic bird. The most valuable meat in this respect is turkey. A serving of about 85-100 grams contains 28 grams of protein, if it is red meat, and 30 grams, if it is white meat. Chicken in second place: in one serving (approximately one cup) contains 24-28 g of proteins.
2. Eggs. One medium-sized chicken egg contains about 6 grams of protein. Of these, 3.6 accounted for protein, 2.7 - for the yolk.
3. Lean meat. One hundred grams of lean beef, pork or lamb meat contains 31–33 grams of protein. And in a hundred grams of ham - only 21 grams of protein.
4. Fish and seafood. They contain not only valuable protein, but also a mass of useful microelements. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, women are advised to consume 350 g of fish and seafood. 85 grams of trout, tilapia, cod, flounder, sardines, herring, salmon, crab meat and shrimp meat contain from 19 to 25 grams of protein.
5. Milk and dairy products. One medium cup of cow's milk contains about 8 grams of protein, and one cup of soy, depending on the type, from 3 to 11 grams. From one cup of yogurt, your body will get from 8 to 13 grams of protein. About 60 g of cheese contain 17–20 g of protein.
6. Legumes. Peas, lentils, beans and other beans contain proteins in the amount of 19 g per cup. Rich in proteins and soy: 150 g of fermented soy contains 31 g of protein, 225 g of tofu - 40 g.
7. Nuts and Seeds. One cup of walnuts, peanuts, cashews, almonds, and pistachios contains 26–35 g of protein. One cup of pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds — 27–39 g. And along with one tablespoon of peanut butter, the expectant mother’s body gets about 5 grams of protein. But do not forget that the seeds and nuts contain a lot of calories, so they are not recommended to get involved too much.
8. Cereals. Whole grains are especially useful for health and as a source of valuable substances. One cup of wheat germ contains 27 grams of protein. One cup of whole oats, wheat, or wild rice is 24–26 grams of protein.
Do not forget about the rules of "food safety" during pregnancy. Meat, fish, eggs that you eat should be thermally processed well, otherwise you can get an infection that can adversely affect the course of pregnancy, fetal health.
Let's talk about the types of physical exercises that are best suited for expectant mothers in the 22nd week and in general during the whole pregnancy.
Hiking. The simplest thing you can think of is that you do not need to buy a subscription to the gym, special equipment, you do not need an instructor. It is enough to buy comfortable shoes in which your legs will feel comfortable. Walking in the park or just on the street (preferably, where there are no cars) is a load for the muscles, fresh air, strengthening the cardiovascular system.
How often do you need to walk? Optimally - 30 minutes, 3-5 times a week. If up to this point you have been very sedentary, it is better to start from 10 minutes a day and gradually increase the time.
Yoga. There are people who practice different asanas for self-improvement, but for future mothers it helps to train stretching, reduce back and lower back pain, improve the functioning of the heart and blood vessels, restore inner harmony and reduce feelings. It is impossible to perform asanas, during which you need to twist the abdomen, be upside down or lie on the stomach, all other postures are not contraindicated. It is good if a partner will be involved with you who can support you if you lose your balance.
It is better to study on special video tutorials for expectant mothers or to enroll in a group for pregnant women. If you have not practiced yoga before, do not immediately try to perform complex asanas. Do not try to bend as much as possible and “fold” into the desired position. Exercises should not cause you discomfort and even more pain.
How often do yoga at 22 weeks gestation? Like walking in the fresh air, yoga is useful to practice 3-5 days a week for 30 minutes. If you have been practicing for a long time, then you can perform asana complexes daily.
Swimming in the pool and water aerobics. Classes in water help strengthen muscles, improve the functioning of the lungs, heart, blood vessels. In the water, a pregnant woman does not risk falling and hitting her belly. The muscles of the back and lower back relax, it helps to reduce pain.
How often can you visit the pool? 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes. If you swim badly, classes should take place with an instructor.
Run. You can run in the second trimester for expectant mothers who did this before pregnancy and during the first trimester. But you need to remember that now your body has changed. Its center of gravity has shifted, so you can lose your balance and fall. Work out in comfortable shoes and only on special smooth treadmills. If you didn’t run before, then 22 week of pregnancy is not the best time to start. Consider other types of physical activity.
Can I have sex?
Sex at week 22 is not contraindicated. On the contrary, it is useful, it brings a lot of positive emotions to a woman, and her partner does not feel “abandoned”. It is impossible for a woman to lay on her back during sexual intercourse, all other positions are not contraindicated, you can even experiment.
However, if the expectant mother has some health problems, or the pregnancy is accompanied by complications, intimate intimacy may be contraindicated. Need to consult a doctor.
Tips for women in the 22 week of pregnancy
Have nails become softer or brittle? In this case, they need to be protected. Wear gloves when washing dishes, working around the house, in the garden.
· Gain weight too much? Do not try to fight it with a diet. The baby growing in your tummy needs energy and nutrients. Diets during pregnancy are often not only meaningless, but also dangerous. First, you can gain weight not due to deposits of excess fat, but due to fluid retention, edema. Secondly, you will still lose the lion’s share of the weight gained immediately after the birth - when the baby and placenta leave your uterus. If you are concerned about a very strong weight gain, you should not engage in amateur activities, consult your doctor.
· Exercise is not just movement with your arms, legs and head. Normal gymnastics is important, but there are other muscles in your body that play the most important role during pregnancy and childbirth. Do kegel exercises for the pelvic floor: they will help prevent complications during pregnancy and make childbirth easier.
· In the twenty-second week of pregnancy, many expectant mothers and fathers begin to think about the name for the baby. The search and selection process can be made very interesting and exciting. Here are some tips: remember the names of your favorite characters in books and movies, look at the meaning of different names on the Internet, and study your genealogy. You and your partner can sit down and write on sheets of paper which names you like, and then exchange the sheets and compare the results.
· Treat yourself. When is it now? The entire second trimester is a great time when most expectant mothers feel great and are full of energy. You can go on a small trip or arrange for yourself another interesting event.
· If back pain often worries you, it may be time to replace the mattress. Choose one that will support your spine in the correct position.
· You may have noticed that when you get up from a lying or sitting position, your head begins to feel dizzy. This is due to the fact that under the action of gravity, blood quickly drains from the head. Do not get up abruptly, do it slowly, so that your cardiovascular system has time to adjust to a change in body position.
· Wear rings? It is better to remove them and put them in a closet or hang them on a neck on a chain, before it is too late. If the swelling increases, the ring will become “small” and “stuck” on the finger.
What is the body mass index, and what does it mean for the future mother?
Body mass index (abbreviated BMI) is an indicator that is obtained by dividing body weight in kilograms by the square of height in meters. It is used to determine how much the weight of a woman before pregnancy is normal. BMI is interpreted as follows:
· Less than 18.5 - underweight,
· 18.5–24.9 - normal weight,
· 25–29.9 - overweight,
· Over 30 - obesity.
Depending on the body mass index, the expectant mother gains weight differently. The greater the BMI, the lower the increase is usually and vice versa. With a very high BMI, pregnancy is accompanied by some risks. Maintaining such women requires special attention from the doctor of the antenatal clinic.
If the BMI before pregnancy was 30 or more, the expectant mother has an increased risk of arterial hypertension, gestational diabetes, and the formation of blood clots (blood clots) in the vessels. The likelihood of developing these conditions increases in parallel with the BMI.
If the BMI is over 30
The future mother is sent for a consultation to a nutritionist. A specialist will help you make the right diet. For such women, physical activity is especially important. It is necessary more often than usual to monitor blood pressure, periodically conduct tests for glucose tolerance.
If the BMI is over 40
Assign all of the above activities, in addition, a woman is sent for consultation to the anesthesiologist, in case a caesarean section is required. Assign additional studies to assess the status of the fetus.
If the BMI is less than 18.5
First of all, doctors are trying to establish the cause. It may be associated with eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, depression, and other pathological conditions that increase the risk of complications during pregnancy. A woman is sent for consultation to a nutritionist, if necessary, to a psychotherapist. Assign additional ultrasound.
What research needs to go through?
At the twenty-second week of pregnancy, the doctor may invite you to the examination. He will ask you about the complaints, examine the abdomen, measure its circumference, the height of the uterus floor. The doctor will also measure your blood pressure, pulse rate, body temperature, examine your feet for swelling and varicose veins.
When do I need to see a doctor?
If you have any strange symptoms at the 22nd week of pregnancy, you need to visit a doctor and, if necessary, be examined:
· Edema on legs and other places began to grow.
· You suddenly started to gain weight very quickly, much faster than before.
· Symptoms of pregnancy, such as heartburn, constipation, back pain, varicose veins - are very strong and do not diminish, despite the fact that you follow all the recommendations.
· You have a skin itch, incomprehensible rash, spots.
· Signs of iron deficiency anemia: pallor, constant fatigue, dizziness, headaches.
· Signs of ARVI: fever, runny nose, cough, sneezing.
· Signs of intestinal infection: abdominal pain, loose stools.
Any abdominal discomfort that causes discomfort and does not go away for a long time, pain.
· Signs of urogenital infection: discharge from the vagina, which have changed color or become unpleasant, often painful urination.
· Increased blood pressure. In order to control it independently, it is advisable to have a blood pressure monitor in the house and learn how to use it.
How many months is it
22 week of pregnancy corresponds to 20 weeks from conception. The sixth obstetric month is in progress, exactly five calendar months have passed.
During the nursing of babies, women and doctors count the time in weeks by obstetric. The first such week corresponds to the period from the beginning of the last menstrual period until their end, conception falls on the third week. Thus, obstetric weeks are ahead of the true term by approximately two weeks.
The beginning of week 22 is a full week 21 and a few days. Talking about what happens to the baby and his mom at week 22, we mean six days between 21 and 22 weeks. 18 weeks have already passed since the delay of menstruation; a woman has long been accustomed to the idea that she will soon become a mother. The current term is a little more than half of the pregnancy.
This week, the baby passes the next important "frontier". Now, if something unexpected happens, the appearance of the crumbs will not be considered a miscarriage, it will be a premature birth.
The weight of the crumbs in week 22 reaches 500 grams, and this fact gives doctors the opportunity to save his life if birth occurs this week. Of course, it is very difficult to predict, but neonatologists with a modern level of medicine can do a lot to ensure that such a tiny child gets a chance of survival.
The growth of the baby this week reaches 30 centimeters.. From crown to sacrum (KTR) - 22-23 centimeters. Now the growth will not increase as quickly as before, because the baby has an important task - to gain weight, that is what he will do with special diligence almost to the birth.
Baby weight is growing daily. If at the beginning of week 22, they average 420 grams, then at week 21 it is almost 500 grams.
What does the fetus look like?
The crumb is more and more like a newborn. He is no longer so skinny and shriveled. The subcutaneous fatty tissue is being formed in full swing. At week 22, it begins to be distributed throughout the body. Most of all it is on the soles and palms of the baby, least of all - on the forehead and on the nose.
Boys on the scrotum have no subcutaneous fat, children of both sexes have no fatty tissue on their eyelids.The most intensive increase in the number of fat cells will be observed in the last two months of gestation.
Apart from the fact that the appearance of fat has a beneficial effect on the appearance of the fetus (it ceases to be thin, the folds and wrinkles on the skin gradually smooth out, the skin ceases to be red), this subcutaneous layer is also important for thermoregulation, and more precisely for keeping warm. Now freezing does not threaten the baby, but after the birth of the skin, it is the subcutaneous fat that will help the crumbs to adapt to the new habitat.
Another distinctive feature of the appearance of the baby at week 22 is the original lubricant. It covers with a thick layer all his body, including his face. Lubrication is necessary in order that gentle and for the present thin skin was more protected. The lubricant reliably holds on the skin a layer of lanugo - original vellus hair, which is a manifestation of the work of hair follicles. The baby has completely completed the formation of the face, fingers, have nails and their own unique fingerprints.
The proportions of the body gradually come to conformity: the head now has the correct shape, it is not as big in relation to other parts of the body as it used to be. Legs and handles grow, and the lower limbs grow faster, earlier they noticeably lagged behind the upper ones.
At the current time new bodies are not laid. Everything is already formed and even functioning. At week 22, the formation of the spine is completed, its discs are already “workable”. The heart copes well with its responsibilities - it supplies blood to all parts of the body, pumping up to 25 liters of blood per day.
The heart grows in size, the heartbeat is easy to listen without ultrasound, only with a stethoscope. The average heart rate this week is between 150 and 175 beats per minute.
The ripening of the lungs continues. The intestine makes a reduction, the kidneys successfully cope with the task of producing urine. The “debugging” of the glands' work continues: in the current term, sweat and sebaceous glands are actively developing.
The liver produces special enzymes that are necessary for the breakdown of indirect bilirubin, which is formed during the breakdown of hemoglobin. This rather toxic substance with the help of the liver turns into neutral straight bilirubin, which is eliminated from the child’s body through the placenta.
The brain begins to slow down in growth, now more complex, "jewelry" processes take place in it - the furrows and gyrus of the cerebral hemispheres form. This week the brain weighs about 100 grams, this is one fifth of the total weight of the baby.
Swallowing, grasping and sucking reflexes are developed sufficiently, their baby practices daily. There are also the rudiments of the instinct of self-preservation: the crumb is frightened, pulls back the handle if it comes into contact with something incomprehensible. The kid can already differentiate his own feelings.
The central nervous system is doing better with the control of motor functions, the baby is already independently controlling the movement of the arms, legs and head. New neural connections are formed continuously, and this process will continue not only during the entire prenatal period, but also after birth. Even in adults, young neurons are found, and scientists tend to believe that it is thanks to them that the brain can partially restore damaged functions.
At 22 weeks of pregnancy, the baby feels great mother: all her stresses and experiences cannot go unnoticed for him. In response to maternal emotions, the baby changes physical activity, slows or accelerates its heartbeat. He can feel pain, the crumb distinguishes the nuances of the taste of amniotic fluid.
What does the baby feel?
Life in the womb is not as boring and monotonous as it may seem. Every day for the baby is a real discovery, every minute he learns something new and interesting for himself. Now he fully hears the sounds. All structures of the hearing organs are formed and functioning; the baby perfectly distinguishes his mother's voice from dozens of other voices.
Strangers' unfamiliar loud voices may frighten him, so now that a pregnant woman is better to stay away from mass concerts, places with a loud sound background.
At week 22, most of the fruits begin to try to open their eyes. The blinking reflex is almost formed, the eyelids have long been divided into upper and lower. It’s too early to talk about full vision, although all structures of visual analyzers are formed.
The baby can only distinguish light spots: if you send a flashlight beam to your mother's belly, the baby will begin to move more actively. Now the baby gets a lot of information from tactile sensations, he actively feels himself, the umbilical cord, the walls of the uterus, the need for tactile contact with the mother will continue in the first months after birth.
The world for the baby at 22 weeks is not limited to what he hears in the womb and what he can find. The first emotional factors appear. So, my mother's song and light stroking of the abdomen give him a feeling of security and peace, and the suddenly triggered alarm clock makes the crumbs worry and anxious.
The size of the external reproductive organs allows to determine the sex of the baby on the ultrasound with high accuracy. If the sex is still unknown, now is the most favorable time to find out who the couple is waiting for - a boy or a girl.
In the first third of pregnancy, the sex differences between embryos, and then the fetuses of different sexes were minimal. Now boys have a fully formed scrotum and penis, and in girls it is not difficult to consider the labia.
The sex glands of babies develop in different ways. In girls, the ovaries have long been located in the pelvic area, and the boys' testicles are still moving towards the scrotum. Most often, this process ends closer to childbirth, sometimes - after the birth of a baby.
Sex hormones of their own production, while there are only boys. Testosterone concentration is determined in their blood. In girls, hormones are still created by maternal sex hormones.
It is not necessary to postpone the determination of the sex of the child: after a few weeks, the baby will become crowded in the uterus, he will assume a pose in which the arms and legs will be tight, while viewing the intimate area may be difficult. The accuracy of determining the sex in the third trimester is significantly reduced.
The formation of fetal immunity goes to a new level. The number of lymphocytes in peripheral blood at week 22 reaches the maximum mark - about 10 thousand are determined in one cubic millimeter! However, these cells are still weak, they are not capable of the full formation of gamma globulins.
Now the baby receives through the placenta from the mother not only vitamins, minerals, nutrients and oxygen necessary for its life, but also immune antibodies. They form the same innate immunity, which will protect the newborn during the first time after birth.
But the baby’s own immunity at the current time is not as helpless as it may seem. The kid is already able to withstand some threats from the outside. However, this should not be a reason for the mother’s negligent attitude towards possible dangers: viruses and bacteria of the little one now have nothing.
Your baby on ultrasound
At 20 embryonic week (22 obstetric) ultrasound is prescribed to those women who for some reason did not do it a week or two weeks ago. This is a mandatory screening ultrasound, which is necessary to assess the overall development of the crumbs, as well as identify possible anomalies in its development.
Now ultrasound scan allows you to see what was impossible to see in the first trimester: pathology of the internal organs of the baby, malformations of the brain and spinal cord. This is what the doctor emphasizes.
Moms, in addition to answering the basic question about the health of the baby, I want to know whether the size of her baby is in line with the standards. At week 22, the mean fetometry values are as follows.
DBK (thigh), mm
DKG (calf), mm
WPC (shoulder), mm
DKP (forearm), mm
Abdominal circumference, mm
The amount of amniotic fluid is determined by the index of amniotic fluid, which this week is in the range from 88 to 97 mm. The thickness of the “children's place” at this period is 22-23 mm.
The doctor determines the position of the baby in the uterus.
While there is no reason to worry about the pelvic presentation, the transverse location of the fetus. The kid actively changes the position of the body, its dimensions allow it so far.
Feelings of the future mother
The future mother continues to enjoy life, for so far the “interesting situation” does not create significant inconveniences for her. However, many note that the reserve of forces is already at the end: the woman begins to tire faster, more often she wants to lie down and relax, but the time limit does not allow her to go on maternity leave and fully relax. What changes in health can bring 22 week of pregnancy, we will tell in more detail.
At 22 weeks, almost all pregnant women feel the movements of their babies. If now the expectant mother does not feel the movements of the crumbs, she definitely needs to inform your attending physician.Because the reasons for their absence can be quite a lot.
Weak and irregular movements can be felt by women who are pregnant with their first child. In women with a second or third pregnancy, the movements are not only distinct, but already quite regular. Feelings become more pronounced.
Many pregnant women this week have already managed to establish an amazing contact with their crumbs. The baby starts to respond to stroking the abdomen with her mother's hand, in some cases the future father can already feel the movements of the baby, putting her hand on the wife’s belly.
Every day, it is not yet necessary to count the movements of the baby to the woman; the doctor will advise the future mother to do this later, at the end of the second and beginning of the third trimester.
However, you should already get used to mentally note changes in the child's behavior: if the crumb takes a long time to "subside" or unusually actively moves for several hours, the woman must be informed about this by her obstetrician-gynecologist to rule out the likelihood of hypoxia, cord entanglement, and other factors that cannot be call child-friendly.
Many women at this time claim that their babies move more at night. However, doctors argue that fetal activity during the day is almost the same, and nightly “dancing” is a subjective feeling of the woman herselfAfter all, during the day, she moves a lot herself and does not always feel the movements of the crumbs, and at night mom relaxes, sensitivity increases.
Baby moves even in a dream. He sleeps 20-22 hours a day. Movement in a state of sleep are involuntary. At short intervals of wakefulness, the baby plays with the umbilical cord, sucks cams, swims and performs coups, grabs with her hands her own legs.
Mom feels only a small part of the movements of her child. If the baby does not touch the walls of the uterus, the woman does not feel anything, only such touches are perceived by her as movements.
You should not compare the movements of your baby with the activity of others. All children are already different, including in temperament. Active and mobile kids can move more often, calm and lazy - less. They will have the same character after their birth.
From 22 weeks a woman must control the nature of discharge from the genitals. For this you need to use sanitary pads daily. This will help solve two immediate problems at once: get rid of the discomforting feeling of constant moisture in the perineum and notice any changes in the discharge in time, if any.
The most dangerous at this time are watery, abundant discharge.. Water rupture at week 22 is usually one-step in nature, that is, the entire amniotic fluid leaves the bladder at once. This is the beginning of preterm labor. Spotting should also be alerted, because they can be symptoms of placental abruption, softening and weakening of the cervix, its erosion.
Highlight green, brown or gray with an unpleasant odor and itching can indicate the presence of an infectious disease. White thick discharge of cottage cheese consistency - thrush.
White or light, slightly yellowish discharge with a slight sourish odor or lack of it at all can be considered normal discharge at week 22. Their number increases slightly, and this is also considered a variant of the norm.
Any atypical, non-normal discharge should be evaluated by a physician who will prescribe tests and necessary treatment.
Pain and common complaints
At the 22nd week of gestation, physiological pains gradually begin to come to women This is the pain associated with changes in the female body. They do not require treatment, as they are completely normal.
The uterus grows very intensively. This can not affect the state of being pregnant. Stretching and thickening of the ligamentous apparatus, which holds the female reproductive organ, manifests itself in the form of nagging, aching pain. Most often, future mothers complain that they hurt the loin and back.
The loin pulls not constantly, episodic appearance is common for physiological pains. Sometimes there are breaking feelings in the right or left side, tingling in the uterus. It is also not cause for concern, as well as "shooting" in the lower abdomen, which are a sign of the pressure of the uterus on the nerve endings.
Sometimes at this time the pubic bone begins to hurt. Such pains are associated with softening of the bones and ligaments of the pelvis, a small divergence of the bones. This mechanism is provided by nature as preparatory: the body prepares for childbirth in advance.
It is important for a woman to know that too much pain, which prevents her from sitting, standing, climbing stairs, which are aggravated at night, can be symptoms of the onset of a symphysis. In this case, a medical consultation is mandatory and necessary.
Towards evening, a woman may begin to experience extreme fatigue in her legs. Knee joints and feet are especially aching and sore. Such pains are connected with the fact that the load on the lower extremities has increased, because not only the uterus increases, but also the weight of the pregnant woman. Other common complaints during this period are headaches as well as rhinitis.
Rhinitis is most often the result of a small swelling of the mucous membranes, quite natural for the current duration of pregnancy. Dyspnea now also refers to problems that have quite a physiological origin. The uterus puts pressure on the diaphragm, which causes a feeling of lack of air. Already a large uterus and squeezes the digestive organs, in connection with which a woman can torment heartburn, diarrhea or constipation.
Frequent urination is an insidious symptom. If it is not accompanied by rezhyu and urine has not changed color and smell, then frequent visits to the toilet should be considered as a physiological phenomenon: the uterus puts pressure on the kidneys and bladder. If there are concomitant unpleasant symptoms, you should consult a doctor - inflammatory processes of the urogenital system are possible.
The head hurts on the 22nd week infrequently. Usually a headache at this time is a sign of blood pressure drops. A woman should monitor its level and be sure to consult a doctor if headache attacks occur frequently.
Mood and Emotional Background
The emotional “swings” that were observed in the expectant mother during the first trimester are in the past. At week 22, there are fewer reasons for alarm. This period is almost not dangerous in terms of termination of pregnancy, the threat of fetal fading is also negligible.
The screening studies of the first and second trimesters, which women experienced quite noticeably, were left behind. Now it’s a relatively quiet time, which the future mother can easily devote to herself and her future baby.
Psychologists who accept future mothers in antenatal clinics, argue that at this time of treatment relate mainly to personal and family relationships. The natural desire of future mothers to feel protected does not always meet with understanding among relatives.
At 22 weeks of gestation, some women may show dissatisfaction with themselves, with their appearance, there may be fears that she will no longer like her husband and arouse interest in him. Many are characterized by increased irritability during this period.
Straight talk will help avoid misunderstandings and conflicts in the family. Tell your spouse how important it is for you to feel his support and praise now; it will not hurt the household to kindly explain that some of the economic responsibilities that were previously assigned to a woman would no longer be a problem between them.
A woman who is 22 weeks pregnant, needs positive emotions, and therefore it is necessary to limit communication with unpleasant people, to refuse to watch films containing bloody and cruel scenes.
If you yourself can not achieve peace and harmony, you can contact a psychologist. In any female consultation there is such a specialist.
Changes in the body
All the nuances of well-being of a pregnant woman are "dictated" by the changes that occur on the physical level in her body.Much, of course, depends on the individual threshold of sensitivity, on the physique, but in general, the sensations at week 22 are quite similar in different women. Much becomes understandable and understandable when a woman begins to imagine the whole scale of the metamorphosis occurring inside her.
The uterus has long been located in the abdominal cavity, it came out of the pelvis, because it simply ceased to fit in it. A woman clearly feels the uterus, especially if she comes to tone. Now the height of the bottom of the uterus is 20-24 centimeters.
The length of its neck is on average 40 mm. A shorter neck is a sign of cervical insufficiency, which significantly increases the risk of preterm labor.
The location of the uterus allows you to probe its upper part a couple of centimeters above the navel line. The height of the standing bottom of the doctor will now measure at each admission. It is considered normal to comply with the VSDM numerical value of the obstetric period: at 22 weeks, the bottom height on average should be equal to 22 centimeters.
A woman at this time must be very careful and attentive. To determine the tone of the uterus is quite simple, as it strains, it becomes harder. Such a condition, if it is repeated regularly, requires medical consultation and examination.
Recommendations to monitor the weight gained are now more relevant than ever. There is an active weight gain baby, mom has a great desire to eat everything that is in the refrigerator, and then the same amount.
Weight gain is very intense, and in this matter it is important to prevent pathology. Overweight significantly affects the process of carrying a baby, and the process of childbirth, and does not contribute to a quick and easy recovery in the postpartum period. Besides, The dynamics of weight gain may indicate complications of pregnancy, such as preeclampsia.
Thin women by the 22nd week can gain more than 7 kilograms in addition to the initial dead weight. Women with a normal weight or a small amount of excess kilograms - no more than 5.5 kilograms, and expectant mothers who were obese at any level before pregnancy - no more than 3.5 kilograms.
It should be weighed every week, while it is best to weigh in with the same light clothing or without it.. Data is best recorded in a diary, which is worth taking with you to see a doctor.
If the increase significantly exceeds the above norms, the woman must consult with the doctor, carry out nutrition correction, change the lifestyle to a more mobile and active. In the event that a pathological increase is caused by edema, treatment is prescribed, which is not worth refusing, even if it includes hospitalization.
The mammary glands of women continue to grow, although the growth rates have significantly decreased compared to the first trimester. Therefore, the future mother at week 22 is practically not disturbed by discomfort in the chest area. But the back can begin to hurt. This is a consequence of a change in the center of gravity, which is now influenced not only by the big tummy, but also by the significantly grown breasts.
Relieve a nasty aching in the back will help correctly chosen bra with wide straps, which will carefully support the mammary glands.
Colostrum can be released from the breast at this time. While it has a thick texture and yellowish color, but closer to the birth it will become more transparent, and after them will become breast milk.
For breast now need special care, aimed at maintaining its purity and shape. Modern cosmetics will help prevent stretch marks. the main thing is that they do not show a local allergic reactionBecause the skin of a pregnant woman in the second trimester becomes especially sensitive and vulnerable.
From this week on a woman episodic training bouts can begin. Usually they appear earlier in women who are going to become mothers for the first time, and those who have given birth to training fights before will usually “start” shortly before childbirth.
False contractions are not dangerous. Despite the fact that their purpose for science is not known for certain, it is generally accepted that Braxton-Hicks contractions are part of a large and advanced preparation of the body for the upcoming birth. They can not be considered the harbingers of childbirth, because they never lead to smoothing and disclosure of the cervix.
False contractions are felt by a woman as a contraction of the uterine smooth muscles, tension of the uterus, slight aches in the lower back. About the same sensations occur in women during menstruation. If a woman takes a warm shower, lies down, rests, then the training battles retreat. They are irregularly observed at week 22 and do not cause intense pain.
Remove such contractions, including drugs, there is no need. If false contractions often bother you, you should talk about this with your doctor, as perhaps the reason lies in the hypertonus, and this state has nothing to do with false contractions.
Among other changes that occur in the body of the expectant mother is a large range of various factors. Thus, an increase in the amount of blood that is now circulating in the body often leads to a decrease in pressure. Hypotension may be felt by weakness, bouts of nausea and dizziness. If the head is spinning often, the woman needs to consult a doctor, since spontaneous loss of consciousness is a danger in terms of injury to both the woman and her baby.
The tension of the skin in the abdomen, thighs and chest can be manifested by stretch marks - ugly areas of connective tissue that form at the point of rupture of elastin and collagen fibers. The most prone to stretching women who are carrying twins, too quickly gaining weight.
The gait of a woman at week 22 is changing due to the onset of divergence and softening of the pelvic bones. Now the future mother moves in the waddle, of course, such a walk is often called “duck” by the people.
Appetite at week 22 can noticeably increase, as can sweating: so sweat glands begin to work under conditions of increased stress on the entire body. Often, women pay attention to heart palpitations - so the heart copes with pumping increased blood volume.
If there are age spots, do not panic. They will pass some time after delivery.
Also, do not worry about the bleeding gums, which can give to know about it this week. This condition requires the use of special toothpastes and rinses that can be recommended by a dentist. By the way if there are problems with teeth, now is a rather favorable time for their removal.
Hazards and risks of the current week
The main danger of 22 weeks is swelling. Preeclampsia increases the likelihood of premature birth, fetal hypoxia in the womb, and is also one of the most common causes of fetal death and the very future mother.
If, in addition to abnormally rapid weight gain, a woman develops edema, the doctor will definitely prescribe blood and urine tests. Protein in the urine confirms the unpleasant diagnosis. For such pregnant women need special control, often hospitalized with preeclampsia, in order to observe the future mom in the hospital.
Throughout the first trimester, a woman’s immunity is specifically suppressed by the hormone progesterone. This is necessary so that her mother’s immune system does not reject the fetus, which is only half related to her body. As a result, by the middle of the second trimester, immunity is reduced so much that any virus that a woman would have coped with without problems could cause illness.
This week, you should try not to be in crowded places, especially in enclosed areas, without urgent need you should not visit clinics and sit in queues next to sneezing and coughing patients.
The consequences of a cold for the fetus no longer pose such a great danger as at the stage of the formation of its organs and systems, but even now the flu and ARVI can do much harm. So, high fever can cause problems with blood supply in the mother-placenta-fetus system, and sore throat and pharyngitis, in which the throat hurts, are dangerous because a source of infection appears in the mother’s body.
A viral infection or cold in the 22nd week is successfully treated, however, without the knowledge of the doctor you should not do this, after all, not all drugs are allowed at the current time. The list of drugs that can now be taken has expanded considerably. Now it includes some antibiotics, for example, Flemoxin, antipyretic drugs that do not contain acetylsalicylic acid, as well as sedative, antispasmodic drugs.
If there is a failure in the cervix, the woman may be advised to continue taking Utrogestan, although most pregnant women who took it in the first trimester to relieve the symptoms of the threat will be canceled after 18 weeks. The dosage of the drug at week 22 can be reduced, this issue is solved exclusively on an individual basis.
Dangerous this week may be manifestations of hemorrhoids. About 70% of pregnant women in the second and third trimesters face it. In addition to the fact that the violation of blood flow in the hemorrhoidal veins is very painful, there is a likelihood of knots falling out, the discovery of strong anal bleeding. Do not be shy and hold back a delicate problem. The doctor will tell you not only the treatment regimen, but also medications allowed for the pregnant woman, which will help to quickly relieve symptoms, pain and burning sensation in the anus.
Despite the fact that this week's baby is already considered conditionally viable, a woman should do her best to prevent preterm labor. The statistics are pretty sad - from the babies who were born on the current term, only 5-7% survive. In 99% of cases, survivors remain deeply disabled with severe lesions of the central nervous system, hearing, vision, paralysis, and paresis.
Therefore, it is important to protect yourself from stress, the harmful effects of toxins and poisons, excessive exercise and everything that can cause the onset of labor long before the time set by the midwives.