In this article, you can read the instructions for use of the drug. Ambrobene. Presented reviews of visitors to the site - the consumers of this medicine, as well as the opinions of specialists in the use of Ambrobene in their practice. A big request to add your feedback on the drug more actively: the medicine helped or did not help to get rid of the disease, what complications and side effects were observed, perhaps not stated by the manufacturer in the annotation. Analogues Ambrobene in the presence of available structural analogues. Use for the treatment of dry cough, liquefaction and removal of viscous sputum for bronchitis, pneumonia in adults, children, as well as during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Ambrobene - mucolytic and expectorant drug.
Ambroxol (drug Ambrobene) - the active metabolite of bromhexine improves the rheological properties of sputum, reduces its viscosity and adhesive properties, contributing to its removal from the respiratory tract.
Ambrobene stimulates the activity of serous cells of the glands of the bronchial membrane, the production of enzymes that break down the bonds between sputum polysaccharides, the formation of surfactant and the activity of the cilia of the bronchi directly, preventing them from sticking together.
After ingestion, the therapeutic effect occurs after 30 minutes and lasts for 6-12 hours (depending on the dose taken).
When administered parenterally, the effect of the drug comes quickly and lasts for 6-10 hours
When administered parenterally, Ambrobene quickly penetrates the tissue. The highest concentration is found in the lungs. Ambroxol penetrates the BBB and the placental barrier, excreted in breast milk. About 90% of Ambroxol is excreted in the urine: 90% of them are in the form of metabolites and 10% in unchanged form.
All forms of the drug are used for diseases of the respiratory tract with the release of viscous sputum and the difficulty of its discharge:
- acute and chronic bronchitis,
- bronchial asthma,
- as part of complex therapy to stimulate the synthesis of surfactant in respiratory distress syndrome in premature babies and newborns (solution for injection).
Forms of release
Solution for ingestion and inhalation.
Retard capsules 75 mg.
Syrup (children's form of the drug).
Solution for injection (shots in ampoules).
Instructions for use and dosage
The drug should be taken orally after a meal with a sufficient amount of liquid (a glass of water, tea or juice).
Tablets for adults and children over the age of 12 in the first 2-3 days are prescribed 1 tablet 3 times a day (90 mg per day). In the subsequent transfer to a 2-time dose of the drug in 1/2 tablet per day (30 mg per day).
Children aged 6 to 12 years in the first 2-3 days appoint 1/2 tablet 2-3 per day (30-45 mg per day). Subsequently, go on a two-time dose of the drug for 1/2 tablet per day (30 mg per day).
Retard capsules in adults and children over the age of 12 are prescribed 1 capsule per day (75 mg per day).
Syrup should be taken with a measuring cup: 1 ml of syrup contains 3 mg of ambroxol.
Children under 2 years old should be prescribed 2.5 ml of syrup twice a day (15 mg per day).
Children aged 2 to 6 years old are prescribed 2.5 ml syrup 3 times a day (22.5 mg per day).
Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are prescribed a medication of 5 ml of syrup 2-3 times a day (30-45 mg per day).
For adults and children over the age of 12, for the first days, 10 ml of syrup 3 times a day (90 mg per day). Subsequently, 10 ml of syrup 2 times a day (60 mg per day).
Ambrobene in the form of a syrup is the most convenient dosage form for the treatment of pediatric patients.
Solution for oral administration and inhalation
Solution for ingestion and oral inhalation should be taken with a measuring cup: 1 ml of the solution contains 7.5 mg of ambroxol.
Children under the age of 2 years should be prescribed 1 ml of the solution 2 times a day (15 mg per day).
For children aged 2 to 6 years, the drug is prescribed in 1 ml of solution 3 times a day (22.5 mg per day).
Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are prescribed 2 ml of the solution 2-3 times a day (30-45 mg per day).
Adults and adolescents in the first 2-3 days should be prescribed 4 ml of solution 3 times a day (90 mg per day). In the following days - 4 ml 2 times a day (60 mg per day).
When using Ambrobene in the form of inhalation, any modern equipment is used (except steam inhalation). Before inhalation, the drug should be mixed with a 0.9% solution of sodium chloride (for optimal moistening of the air can be diluted in a 1: 1 ratio) and heated to body temperature. Inhalation should be carried out in the mode of normal breathing, so as not to provoke cough tremors.
In patients with bronchial asthma, in order to avoid non-specific irritation of the respiratory tract and their spasm, bronchodilators should be used before inhalation of ambroxol.
Children under the age of 2 years old inhalate 1 ml of the solution 1-2 times per day (7.5-15 mg per day).
In children aged 2 to 6 years old, 2 ml of the solution is injected 2 times a day (15-30 mg per day).
In adults and children over the age of 6 years, 2-3 ml of the solution are inhaled 1-2 times per day (15-45 mg per day).
The solution for injection should be administered intravenously (slowly spray or drip). The solvent used is 0.9% sodium chloride solution, 5% dextrose solution, Ringer-Locke solution or another basic solution with a pH not higher than 6.3.
Children usually prescribed the drug in a daily dose at the rate of 1.2-1.6 mg / kg body weight.
Children under the age of 2 years should be prescribed 1 ml (1/2 ampoule) 2 times a day (15 mg per day).
Children aged 2 to 6 years old should be prescribed 1 ml (1/2 ampoule) 3 times a day (22.5 mg per day).
Children over the age of 6 years are prescribed 2 ml (1 ampoule) 2-3 times per day (30-45 mg per day).
Adults appoint 1 ampoule 2-3 times a day (30-45 mg per day). In severe cases, the dose can be increased to 2 ampoules 2-3 times per day (60-90 mg per day).
With respiratory distress syndrome in newborns and premature babies, the daily dose of the drug is 30 mg and, as a rule, is divided into 4 separate administrations.
Injections stop after the disappearance of the acute manifestations of the disease and go on ingestion of other dosage forms Ambrobene.
Treatment of children under the age of 2 years should be carried out only under the supervision of a physician.
During the use of the drug is recommended to drink plenty of water.
The duration of the course of treatment depends on the characteristics of the course of the disease. It is not recommended to use the drug without medical prescription for more than 4-5 days.
- nausea, vomiting,
- diarrhea, constipation,
- dry mouth and respiratory tract,
- skin rash,
- angioedema of the face,
- respiratory failure,
- temperature reaction with chills,
- contact dermatitis,
- anaphylactic shock,
- when administered intravenously, intense headaches, feeling of tiredness and heaviness in the legs, numbness, increased blood pressure, shortness of breath, hyperthermia, chills.
- peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer,
- epileptic syndrome,
- children under 6 years old (for tablets, retard capsules, injection solution),
- children under the age of 12 (for retard capsules),
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Since so far there are no reliable data on the negative effects of ambroxol on the fetus and newborn, Ambrobene can be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester, and during breastfeeding only in the case when the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
The simultaneous use of Ambrobene with drugs that have antitussive activity (for example, containing codeine) is not recommended because of the difficulty of removing sputum from the bronchi against the background of a decrease in cough.
The simultaneous use of Ambrobene with antibiotics (including amoxicillin, cefuroxime, erythromycin, doxycycline) improves the flow of antibiotics into the pulmonary tract. This interaction with doxycycline is widely used for therapeutic purposes.
Do not use Ambrobene for injection with solutions with a pH above 6.3.
Analogues of the drug Ambrobene
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Ambroxol Vramed,
- Ambroxol Retard,
- Drops Bronchovern,
- Vervex cough,
Drug sekhotomotornogo actions, improves expectoration, used for colds, when a viscous secretion, as well as its discharge is difficult.
Ambrobene is a monodrug, the main active ingredient of which is ambroxol hydrochloride, often used in pure form and in combination preparations, mucolytic. To answer the question of what Ambrobene is used for, you need to know the mechanism of its action:
It activates the movement of the ciliated epithelium of the bronchi, stimulates the formation of bronchial secretions and reduces its viscosity by depolymerization and destruction of mucopolysaccharides and acid mucoproteins of sputum. It prevents pathological microorganisms from entering epithelial cells by stimulating the synthesis of surfactant in the bronchi and alveoli, as well as slowing its decay. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, complementing the effect of common anti-cold drugs.
The composition of various dosage forms differs in the quantitative content of the active compound and auxiliary substances:
- Tablets - contain 30 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride, as well as auxiliary, forming a tablet, substances,
- Capsules - contain 75 mg of ambroxol hydrochloride, enclosed in a gelatin capsule. The capsule is filled with fine granules.
- Syrup - 100 ml contains 0.3 g of ambroxol, raspberry flavoring is added to impart taste and smell,
- Solution for inhalation and for oral administration - 0.75 g of ambroxol in 100 ml and auxiliary compounds,
- Solution for intravenous administration - 2 ml / 0.15 g of ambroxol.
Indications for use
The use of the drug is indicated for the following diseases, accompanied by the formation of viscous difficult to discharge sputum:
- Obstructive and chronic pulmonary disease,
- Bronchitis, both acute and chronic,
- Bronchial asthma with complicated sputum discharge,
- Cold, accompanied by dry, tearful cough
Instructions for use ambrobene in the form of syrup, tablets, solution
In order for the drug to have the desired effect, it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions on how to use Ambrobene in the form of syrup for children and adults, tablets or solution. Tablets, syrup and solution are intended for oral administration (per os), the solution can be used for intravenous administration and inhalation (via nebulizer).
30 mg tablets are taken with or after meals with a large amount of any liquid, preferably warm, non-carbonated water. Instructions for use tablets Ambrobene regulates the following dosages:
- Children from 5 years old to ½ tablet per day up to 3 times,
- Adults for the first 3 days 1 tablet up to 3 times, then 2 tablets up to 2 times or ½ tablet up to 3 times a day.
Long-acting capsules are intended for adults and children, starting at the age of 12, 1 time per day, preferably in the morning after eating, with plenty of drinks. Until this age, the use of capsules for children is not recommended.
If necessary, extend the course of treatment, you should consult with your doctor.
Syrup for internal use can be prescribed to children and adults, you just need to correctly calculate the dose. It is a pleasant pink liquid with a pronounced raspberry flavor, which is used during or after meals. Taking Ambrobene in the form of a syrup, you must clearly follow the instructions for use
Dosage at the rate of -5 ml of syrup / 15 mg of ambroxol:
- Infants up to 2 years old - 2.5 ml not more than 2 times a day. The exceptions are premature babies and newborn babies,
- Children 2-5 years old - no more than 3 times 2.5 ml per day,
- Children 5-12 years old - 5 ml each, not exceeding 3 times daily intake,
- From 12 years old and adults - 10 ml (1 dessert or 2 teaspoons) 3 times a day for the first 3 days, then 2 times.
Syrup is the most convenient form of the drug to take. Thanks to the liquid consistency, it is absorbed faster in the stomach and begins to act. Syrup for children has a mild pleasant taste and aftertaste, in contrast to the solution, which is more like an ordinary medicine.
Solution for inhalation
Solution for inhalation and for oral administration, containing 7.5 mg / ml. The intake of the solution is different from the intake of syrup, since the content of the active substance is different, therefore, it is impossible to use the instructions for receiving the syrup for solution.
Daily dose is:
- Children up to 2 years old, with the exception of newborn babies and premature babies, take the drug only with the permission of a doctor, 1 ml 2 times,
- From 2 to 6 years - 1 ml 3 times,
- From 6 to 12 - 3 times 2 ml,
- Starting from 12 years old, the drug is taken according to the scheme: the first 3 days - 4 ml 4 times, then 2 times 4 ml,
The drug is used for inhalation only in compressor and MES-inhalers.
In ultrasonic inhalers, dosage forms containing Ambroxol, including Ambrobene, are not used, as they are destroyed by ultrasound.
Also, the drug in its pure form is not used in conventional steam inhalers. In a nebulizer under the action of air injected by a compressor, or due to the oscillations of a special mesh, the drug is broken down into tiny particles (nebulas) that reach the most distant parts of the respiratory system - the bronchioles and alveoli, where it takes place. For inhalation, Ambrobene solution is mixed with a physiological solution (0.9% sodium chloride) in a 1: 1 ratio and poured into a special inhaler container.
After heating and turning the solution into a fine mixture, the patient inhales it through a special mouthpiece in the normal breathing mode. Frequent and too deep breaths, can provoke a hacking cough. Using Ambrobene for inhalation, you should strictly follow the instructions for use in a nebulizer and the recommended dosage.
- Inhalation duration for children - 3-5 minutes, for adults - 5-10 minutes
- Dosing of inhalation solution and the number of daily procedures depends on the age of the patient:
- Children up to 2 years old carry out 2 procedures per day, using 1 ml,
- Children 2-6 years old - no more than 2 inhalations per day using 2 ml for each procedure,
- Children from 6 years and adults - 2-3 ml for each inhalation, up to 2 inhalations per day,
The solution for injection is used for intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous injections. 2 ml / 15 mg of the active substance dissolved in water for injection.
For the dropper, the contents of the ampoule are introduced into a vial with 0.9% NaCl solution, 5% glucose, Ringer-Locke or any other solution with a pH ≤ 6.3, at the rate of 50 ml Ambrobene per 0.5 l of solvent (base) composition. At 1 kg of body weight should be from 1.2 to 1.6 mg of ambroxol, a more precise appointment makes the doctor. The averaged administration scheme is as follows:
- Children under 2 years of age only on doctor's prescription, daily dose is a 2-time procedure with the use of 1 ml of the drug for each,
- Children from 2 to 5 years - 3 times a day, 1 ml,
- Children from 5 years and adults 2 ml to 3 times per day. For adults, a single dose can be up to 4 ml; only a doctor can determine the appropriateness of such dosing.
The solution is injected for 2 hours at a rate of about 84 drops / minute.
Some features of the use of Ambrobene
- Inhalation for children up to 2 years old is carried out only for the intended purpose and under the supervision of a medical professional,
- For patients suffering from bronchial asthma, it is necessary to take bronchodilators before the procedure. Preparations of this group prevent irritation of the respiratory tract and the following spasm.
- Intravenous use is used in severe disease, a second course can be performed after 14 days. Intravenous administration is practiced until the disappearance of pronounced acute symptoms of the disease, continue therapy by ingestion of a solution, syrup or tablets,
- When conducting inhalation, it is especially necessary to act with caution in case of a large amount of sputum and weak activity of the muscles of the bronchi. The same applies to the internal reception, since the accumulation of a large amount of sputum and slow lead, can lead to its stagnation,
- The drug should not be taken with drugs suppressing the center of cough (bronholitin, kodterpin).
Taking the drug during pregnancy and lactation
The feasibility of using the drug in the first 28 weeks of pregnancy can only be determined by the doctor, after weighing the possible harm and the expected benefits from taking it.
The active component together with breast milk can enter the body of the baby. There is no absolute contraindication to taking the drug, but you should not make an independent decision on the need to use it.In this case, the decision can only be made by the doctor, after weighing the risk / benefit ratio, and clearly determining how to use the drug.
Despite the fact that numerous reviews indicate the safety and efficacy of the drug, it must be borne in mind that he, like any drug, has contraindications. Ambrobene should not be taken in the following cases:
- Duodenal ulcer and stomach,
- Allergic reactions that may manifest as itching, redness of the skin, urticaria,
- Disruption of the normal functioning of the kidneys and liver,
- Some diseases of the nervous system, such as epilepsy,
- Individual intolerance of the main and auxiliary substances of the drug,
- Pregnancy in the first trimester
The following side effects may occur when taking Ambrobene:
- Respiratory system - the constant release of mucus from the nasal passages (rhinorrhea), dryness of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract, shortness of breath,
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract - increased salivation or, conversely, dryness of the oral mucosa, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, gastric cramps,
- Allergies, isolated cases - anaphylactic shock, contact dermatitis, fever, chills,
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - lowering blood pressure,
To relieve acute signs of overdose, the stomach is intensively washed in the first 1.5 hours. Eating foods high in fat is recommended. If the condition does not stabilize, symptomatic therapy is performed.
Release form and price
In pharmacies in Moscow, the price for various forms of Ambrobene varies within the following limits:
- Ambrobene 30 mg number 20 (two blisters of 10 tablets each) - 126-142 rubles,
- Ambrobene syrup 15 mg / ml, 100 ml in a dark glass bottle with a measuring cup in a cardboard box - 99-128 rubles,
- Ambrobene solution for internal use and inhalation of 7.5 mg / ml in a vial in a carton - 100-180 rubles (depending on the manufacturer - Teva (Israel), Merckle (Germany)),
- Ambrobene injection solution, 2 ml ampoules of 5 pieces in a contour plastic package in a cardboard box - 166-175 rubles,
- Ambrobene capsules of 75 mg of prolonged action of 20 and 10 capsules in a carton - 229-255 / 179-190 rubles.
Ambrobene is quite an expensive drug, but there are analogues that are cheaper, which are produced by domestic pharmaceutical companies:
- Bronhorus 30 mg number 20 (Russia "Synthesis"),
- Ambroxol syrup 15mg / ml 100 ml (EKOlab, Russia),
- Ambrosan 30 mg No. 20 tablets ("PRO.MED.", Czech Republic),
- Ambroxol, syrup 15 mg / ml and 30 mg / ml in 100 ml vials (“BHFZ”, Ukraine),
- Abrol 30 mg No. 20 tablets, 15 mg / ml and 30 mg / ml 100 ml syrup in vials (Kusum Farm),
- Ambrogexal 30 mg / ml 100 ml syrup, tablets 30 mg No. 20 (Salyutas Farm, Germany).
These and many other analogues of domestic and import production will be offered at choice in any pharmacy. Preparations of domestic manufacturers are high quality preparations, at the same time their price is much lower than on foreign analogues.
Answers to frequently asked questions
- Drug for wet cough or dry?
Choosing drugs for cough, it is necessary to determine from what cough the patient suffers. Ambrobene can be taken at the first manifestations of dry cough and after transformation into a productive cough. This is explained by the fact that Ambrobene contributes to the appearance of sputum (transfer of unproductive cough into productive), increase its quantity and speed up the evacuation from the respiratory tract
- Ambrobene or Lasolvan What is the difference and what is better for inhalation?
Ambrobene and Lasolvan are absolute analogues containing ambroxol hydrochloride. They have the same release form. Lasolvan is in a package of 50 tablets, if you need to take the drug for a long time, then it is better to buy just such a package. Lasolvan is much more expensive, as it is an original drug, in some cases it is better tolerated than Ambrobene
- Ambroxol more effective Ambrobene?
Ambroxol and Ambrobene are absolutely identical preparations with the active substance - ambroxol hydrochloride. Ambroxol hydrochloride called Ambrobene has more possible routes of administration, as it releases in various dosage forms
- Which is better: Ascoril or Ambrobene?
It is incorrect to compare drugs, as Ascoril is a complex drug and its spectrum of action is much wider than in Ambrobene. If you need to remove the bronchospasm, ease breathing, increase the VOL, then you need to use Ascoril, which contains salbutamol. Ambrobene does not solve such problems. It will be effective when dry and wet coughing, not burdened by cramps. Very often after the elimination of bronchospasm, inhalation with Ambrobene is prescribed. It should be remembered that only a doctor can prescribe how to take the drug in any dosage form, he will recommend the dose and number of doses
- Erespal and Ambrobene can be drunk at the same time?
Erespal is aimed at removing the inflammatory process. Ambrobene dilutes sputum, improves its discharge and optimizes the process of evacuation of secretions from the respiratory tract. Therefore, drugs are not only possible, but even need to be taken simultaneously. How to drink Erespal with Lasolvan is prescribed by the attending physician.
Composition and release form
Ambrobenevoditod in several types of forms: in capsules, tablets, solution for injection, solution for inhalation or internal administration, and in the form of syrup.
- Syrup. The volume of the bottle is 100 milliliters. 1 milliliter - 3 milligrams of ambroxol hydrochloride. In addition to ambrocol, syrup contains propylene glycol, saccharin, liquid sorbitol, and water. Flavoring - raspberry.
- Inhalation solution. 1 milliliter - 7.5 milligrams of ambroxol. It also contains hydrochloric acid, potassium sorbate and water. There are 40 bottles and 100 ml in volume.
- Pills. 1 tablet - 30 milligrams of ambroxol, lactose, corn starch, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide. 20 pieces per pack.
Clinico-pharmacological group: mucolytic and expectorant drug.
What does Ambrobene help?
According to the instructions to Ambrobene, this drug is prescribed for the following diseases:
- Chronic and acute bronchitis,
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (including bronchial asthma with difficult sputum discharge).
According to the instructions to Ambrobene, the drug can be prescribed in the complex therapy of newborn and premature babies with respiratory distress syndrome. The purpose of the application in this case is to stimulate the synthesis of surfactant.
The active ingredient of Ambrobene is ambroxol hydrochloride, a chemical compound that has a pronounced effect on the glandular cells of the bronchi and alveoli of the lungs.
Reduces the viscosity of sputum (mucolytic action) by stimulating its secretion with increased secretion of surfactant - a surfactant contained in the lungs and bronchi with the normalization of serous and mucosal, that is, liquid and viscous components of sputum.
It has an effect on the mobility of cilia of the ciliated epithelium lining the airways, accelerating the sputum to the outside (secretory effect).
Ambrobene solution for inhalation: instructions for use
When using Ambrobene in the form of inhalation, any modern equipment (except steam inhalers) is used. Before inhalation, the drug should be mixed with a 0.9% solution of sodium chloride (for optimal moistening of the air can be diluted in a 1: 1 ratio) and heated to body temperature. Inhalation should be carried out in the mode of normal breathing, so as not to provoke cough tremors.
- Children under the age of 2 years old inhalate 1 ml of the solution 1-2 times / day (7.5-15 mg / day).
- In children aged 2 to 6 years old, 2 ml of the solution is injected 1-2 ml / day (15-30 mg / day).
- Adults and children over the age of 6 years are inhaled with 2-3 ml of solution 1-2 times / day (15-45 mg / day).
The solution for ingestion and inhalation is taken orally after a meal, adding to water, juice or tea with the help of a measuring cup.
- Children under the age of 2 should be prescribed 1 ml of the solution 2 times / day (15 mg / day).
- Children from 2 to 6 years old should be prescribed 1 ml of solution 3 times / day (22.5 mg / day).
- Children aged 6 to 12 years old appoint 2 ml of the solution 2-3 times / day (30-45 mg / day).
- Adults and adolescents in the first 2-3 days should be prescribed 4 ml of solution 3 times / day (90 mg / day). In the following days - 4 ml 2 times / day (60 mg / day).
The duration of treatment is set individually depending on the course of the disease. Do not take Ambrobene without a prescription for more than 4-5 days. The mucolytic effect of the drug is manifested when taking a large amount of fluid. Therefore, during the treatment it is recommended to drink plenty of water.
Found sworn enemy MUSHROOM nail! Nails will be cleaned in 3 days! Take it.
How to quickly normalize blood pressure after 40 years? The recipe is simple, write it down.
Tired of hemorrhoids? There is an exit! It can be cured at home in a few days, you need.
About the presence of worms says a scent from the mouth! Drink water with a drop once a day ..
Ambrobene syrup - instructions for use
Syrup should be taken after meals using the supplied measuring cup.
- Children under the age of 2 years should take 1/2 measuring cup (2.5 ml of syrup) 2 times / day (15 mg of ambroxol / day).
- Children aged 2 to 6 years should take 1/2 a measuring cup (2.5 ml of syrup) 3 times / day (22.5 mg ambroxol / day).
- Children from 6 to 12 years old should take 1 measuring cup (5 ml of syrup) 2-3 times / day (30-45 mg of ambroxol / day).
- Adults and children over 12 years old in the first 2-3 days of treatment should take 2 measuring cups (10 ml of syrup) 3 times / day (90 mg ambroxol / day). With the ineffectiveness of therapy, adults can increase the dose to 4 volumetric cups (20 ml of syrup) 2 times / day (120 mg of ambroxol / day). In the following days, you should take 2 measuring cups (10 ml of syrup) 2 times / day (60 mg ambroxol / day).
The duration of treatment is selected individually depending on the course of the disease. Do not take Ambrobene without a prescription for more than 4-5 days.
Unwanted effects from taking this drug are rarely observed. It can be:
- On the part of the digestive system - abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, constipation,
- Allergic reactions - skin rash, urticaria, shortness of breath, itching, angioedema of the face,
- Others - weakness, headache, fever, rhinorrhea, dryness of the oral mucosa, exanthema, dysuria.
Overdose symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia. Treatment: artificial vomiting, gastric lavage in the first 1-2 hours after taking the drug, taking fat-containing products.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Ambroxol Vramed,
- Ambroxol Retard,
- Drops Bronchovern,
- Vervex cough,
Attention: the use of analogues should be agreed with the attending physician.
The average price of AMBROBENE in pharmacies (Moscow) is 130 rubles.
Terms of sale
Ambrobene in oral dosage forms is classified as over-the-counter.
To purchase a solution for intravenous administration, a doctor’s prescription is required.
I tried to take Ambrobene in case of exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, but I couldn’t have thought that in addition to eliminating coughing, my peptic ulcer also worsened, which I have been suffering for several years. It turns out that this drug dilutes mucus not only in the bronchi, but also in the stomach, as a result of which its protective properties decrease. Here is such an insidious drug.
Often we use ambrobene (solution for inhalation) for the treatment of bronchitis in a three-year-old child. Mix it with saline and breathe 3 times a day through a nebulizer, helps quickly. The procedure does not cause any discomfort, it smells faint, pleasant. Previously, they were treated with pills, treatment not only took longer, but also had a worse effect on all internal organs. And the pills often had allergies, there is no such problem.
Release form, composition and packaging
The drug contains Ambroxol hydrochloride (Ambroxol) - the main component that determines its therapeutic properties. Ambrobene is produced in several forms, but tablets, syrup and solution for inhalation are most in demand.
The tablets are white, they have a flat-cylindrical shape with convex bases, one of which has a separation risk. Each tablet contains 30 mg of ambroxol. They also have additional components:
- magnesium stearate,
- starch derived from corn kernels
One blister contains 10 tablets. In carton packaging such blisters 2 or 5.
Syrup is a liquid with a raspberry flavor, almost colorless, sometimes with a slight yellowish tinge.
In 1 ml there is 3 mg of the main component of the drug. The syrup also contains:
- propylene glycol,
- flavor (gives the medicine a raspberry smell),
The volume of the bottle with syrup is 100 mg. The bottle is placed in a pack of cardboard, also in the package includes a measuring cup.
The solution for inhalation and ingestion is a transparent liquid substance without a perceptible odor, which can be either almost colorless or light yellow with a slight shade of brown. Each milliliter of solution contains 7.5 mg of active substance.
Auxiliary components of inhalation solution:
- potassium sorbate,
- hydrochloric acid
The solution is available in bottles, the capacity of which can be 40 or 100 ml. A bottle of medication is located in a carton box, and the dosage cup is also placed in it.
Ambrobene is also found in capsules and ampoules (solution for injection).
What is used
The use of the drug is shown in pathological conditions of the respiratory system, as a result of which it is difficult to separate dense sputum:
- bronchitis (acute and chronic varieties),
- bronchial asthma,
- obstructive pulmonary diseases
- other infectious and inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract.
Newborns, including premature babies, may be prescribed medication for complex treatment of XRD (in the form of injections).
Application for children
Ambrobene is best suited for children in the form of syrup or inhalation. As prescribed by a doctor, they can be applied from the first months of a baby’s life. A detailed scheme of their use is given above in the section “Instructions for use”.
Tablets can be given to a child only 6 years old. For children 6-12 years old, a single dose is 15 mg (half a tablet). The child should take them 2-3 times a day, drinking at least 150 ml of water. The course of treatment without a prescription should not be more than 5 days.
For adolescents from the age of 12, the same dosage is applied as for adults.
Patients with impaired bronchial motility, coupled with copious secretion of bronchial secretions, the drug should be prescribed with extreme caution, since in case of its use significantly increases the likelihood of bronchial obstruction secreted by the secret.
During pregnancy and lactation Ambrobene is used exclusively as prescribed by a doctor. It can be prescribed if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the development of the fetus or the health of the child.
The drug can not be combined with drugs that block the cough reflex, it can lead to obstruction of the respiratory tract sputum.
Ambrobene increases the concentration of antibiotics in the lung tissues and improves their therapeutic effect.
In the preparation of injections is not allowed to mix the drug with solutions with a pH greater than 6.3.
Ambrobene is a drug used in diseases of the respiratory system that improves the functioning of the bronchi and promotes sputum secretion. The drug is well combined with antibiotics, enhancing their effectiveness.
This is a well-proven drug, but it should be borne in mind that sometimes it can cause unwanted side effects, and this drug is contraindicated in certain categories of patients. Before starting treatment, you should carefully read the instructions, it also does not hurt to consult a doctor.