Consultation (group) on the topic: The benefits of sports
What is the use of sports for children and what is it? How is sport useful for children in terms of their habits and character, as well as in terms of health? Find answers to these questions in this article.
Everyone knows that sport is very useful for a person. But many people think that a child doesn’t need to go in for sports, because children, then, lead a very active lifestyle: they run, jump, sometimes fight. But the “right” sport will allow you to avoid injuries that a child can get in the process of unorganized games, and also has many other useful and enjoyable moments. More details about the benefits of sports for children in this article.
So, what is the benefit of sports for children? The thing is that all the habits and preferences, as well as the basics of lifestyle and outlook on the world around us are formed from an early age. So, playing sports in childhood contributes to the fact that in the future the child will love to move, lead an active lifestyle. This means that in adulthood, he will never be passive, and will always go to the goal and achieve it. This is what children learn from sports.
What else is the benefit of sports for children? It is very healthy. Thus, various sports affect the various systems of the body. But, one way or another, various muscle groups, as well as joints and bones, strengthen.
The heart trains, it starts working better, supplying blood to the whole body. The load on the lungs increases, which allows to increase their volume, which means that all organs and tissues will be supplied with oxygen and will not suffer from its lack. In addition, the immunity and endurance of the body increases, health improves, the child will be less likely to get sick. Also, along with the love of sport, your child will acquire some qualities and skills that will be useful to him in life. Team sports will allow the child to learn how to interact with other people.
Also, your child will become more patient and restrained, learn to control himself, become more attentive and disciplined, and this is also very important.
In addition, the sport will give new friends and comrades, it will take time for the child and will not allow him to idle. Now you know what sport is good for children and why it is worthwhile to do it from an early age.
Is it possible for a child to play sports
If children are accustomed to physical exertion from an early age, then as they mature, they will be healthier, more active and will achieve much. From a psychological point of view, training is taught to rise when it fell (and the fall will be inevitable), and again try to reach the goal.
Children's sport develops interaction with others, makes the child more open
Increased sense of purpose, self-control and discipline. Sport for a hyperactive child is a great opportunity for “energy release”, the release of emotional outbursts.
In medicine, the benefits of sports for children consist in the beneficial effect on all body systems:
- muscle groups, bones and joints are strengthened,
- trains the heart muscle
- increases immune defense
- increases endurance.
If the child does not want to play sports
The benefits of sport for a child are indisputable, but what to do if he does not want to practice. You can accustom different methods, but not all work. It is necessary to understand how to captivate a child with sports, to generate interest. Fortunately, today there are many interesting sections.
It is necessary to take children to the first workout in several groups, better opposed to each other. For example, dancing, martial arts and swimming. Carefully watch what you like more. When the first stage is passed, it is important not to spoil everything, so that physical education is beneficial in the future.
Recommendations on how to convince sports:
- Do not compare with other children.
- Praise even for minor victories.
- Do not load too much (kindergarten, clubs, extracurricular activities, sports training, a person will get tired and lose interest).
- If something does not work, in no case can not be punished and scream.
To accustom the child to the activity can be gradually starting every day with morning exercises. It will be good if parents show an example - this is the best way to instill a love for training, to benefit from them. The question "whether to force sports" will disappear by itself.
If in the process of training there is a conflict with the coach, other children, and your child wants to quit sports, what to do if he has no desire. It is necessary not to insist and not to force, it is better to really pay attention to other physical activities.
Getting help for physical activities child
There are many tests to determine which sport is suitable for a child. But all this is in vain, if there is no help for sports.
Many are interested in how to get, where to get help to visit the gym for children. Need to go to the medical center. The official form of the document for training in the gym is reference 083 / 5-89 (the sample is shown in the photo below).
Help is issued based on health
To get help for sports and gym visits, children need to:
- Go through a venereologist and a dermatologist.
- Make a fluorography.
- Pass scraping on enterobiosis, tests for RW and feces.
- Make an electrocardiogram.
The passage of these specialists may not be enough to visit the gym. You can find out exactly what tests you need to pass, which doctors to visit to get help, you can in the administration of the chosen sports complex.
The harm and benefits of equestrian sports for children and adults - contraindications for equestrian sports and horseback riding
What is the use of equestrian sport for children and adults?
- The benefits of horse rides and equestrian sports have long been known. Doctors argued that thanks to them, many diseases can be cured, even the most terrible. And, however, in the middle of the 20th century, this statement was proved. Many people recovered after contact with horses. The treatment became known as hippotherapy and became widespread throughout the world. Such therapy is effective for people who have movement disorders, it calms the nervous system and normalizes the emotional background. In addition, hippotherapy affects the circulatory system, as well as the digestive and respiratory.
- Communication with the four-legged friend restores all mental processes in the human body. He becomes calm, cheerful, balanced. People lose their sense of tension, undergo stress.
- Another positive thing is physical activity. During training in the human body, the main groups of muscles begin to be involved in the work. So, when riding, a person instinctively uses muscles. For example, while maintaining balance and maintaining posture, he develops back muscles and abdominals. Note, depending on the speed of the horse, the lower back muscles work harder or slower. In addition, the vestibular apparatus develops. Interestingly, some of the muscles involved in equestrian sports are usually not used and not worked through even when doing fitness. This improves the body's muscle tone. A person feels healthier, stronger and stronger. By the way, equestrian sports help to lose weight.
Despite the positive moments, equestrian sport and even a regular walk can be dangerous. Here are the contraindications:
- During even ordinary horse rides, a person's heartbeat quickens and pressure quickly rises. If you have heart disease or suffer from hypertension, then horse riding is strictly prohibited.
- Since riding a horse does not avoid shaking, then riding a horse is dangerous for people who have experienced a stroke, as well as for those who are prone to venous thrombosis or thrombophlebitis.
- It is not necessary to make the usual horseback riding for those who have diseases of the groin and pelvic organs, as they are involved in equestrian sports. If we neglect this point, then training and driving can provoke an aggravation of diseases.
- Abandoning riding on a horse is also worthwhile for pregnant women due to the fact that the load during classes goes to the muscles of the abdomen and groin.
Equipment for equestrian sports - choose the right clothes for horse riding and equestrian sports
What should be riding clothes?
- Breeches should be sewn from natural fabric, which would be on the figure of a rider and tight to the horse. They can be sewn from suede.
- A jumper or jacket should also cover the shape, emphasize its shape and grace, but in no case should it not hold down movements.
- Outerwear can be any, depending on the time of year. A light raincoat or coat is desirable, preferably not fitted.
What clothes are not suitable for classes:
- Jeans. Yes, they fit snugly to the legs, but they hinder movement and can generally rub the legs with an internal seam.
- Sport pants also can not be put on a horse ride. The fabric from which they are created will fold. In this case, the leg will be in the wrong position.
- Any pants with thick seams.
To choose footwear for horse walks and equestrian sport, it is worth paying attention to:
- Boot top. It should be high and reach the knee, so that the fasteners from the stirrup do not interfere. There are leggings - special tops, which are worn over short boots.
- Heel. Shoes may have a small heel. It will serve as an additional support and will fix the foot in the stirrup.
- The material from which the shoes are made. It is necessary to give preference to natural materials. An excellent option would be not only leather or suede boots, but also rubber. They are intended for occupations on an arena and for work in a cane.
- Shoe fasteners. Note that it is better to choose boots or shoes without buckles, buckles and laces. If, nevertheless, there is lightning on the shoe, then it should be located outside, away from the horse.
Other equipment items that should be purchased:
- Be sure to buy a helmet. It is very important because it protects the head of the rider during falls. Without it, you just will not be allowed to class.
- You can purchase gloves. They will save your palms from rubbing. Can be sewn from leather, fabric or knitted from wool. The main thing is that you can move your fingers in them and move the brush.
Safety equipment for horse rides and equestrian sports - how to avoid injuries and trouble?
In order not to suffer, riders during horse riding or sports should be aware of and follow the safety rules. We list the main requirements:
- The horse should always be bypassed in front.
- You need to sit on the horse on the left side.
- Before climbing on an animal, it is worth checking the condition of the girths and choosing the length of the gables for your height.
- Do not pull the reins, run the horse calmly, gently, slowly.
- If you are moving in a column, then keep your distance. The distance in front of a walking horse must be at least 3-4 meters.
- Do not overtake the rider ahead.
- If you notice an obstacle in front of you - a car or a dog - take a reason to shorter and calm the animal, talk to him.
- Do not remove outerwear while riding.
- You need to get off the horse on the left side, throwing both stirrups, but do not let go of the occasion.
- Strictly follow the requirements of the instructor.
Where it is better to take lessons of equestrian sport and how much it costs - we choose a place for teaching equestrian sports for children and adults
It is worth knowing not only the cost of training, but also the features of each type of equestrian sport. Consider where you can learn this difficult matter:
- In equestrian schools. Here they accept not only adults, but also children from 2 years. For kids, there are many programs with individual and collective approach, designed to maintain healthy lifestyles and the development of gymnastic and acrobatic abilities. For adults, a fitness technique is also added to these programs. The cost of one hour classes in schools varies from two to four thousand rubles. Plus school classes - riders can participate in competitions.
- In equestrian club. Here will be happy adults. Personal trainer will conduct basic lessons on horseback riding, jumping and dressage. By the way, in horse clubs there are services that are rarely found - hippotherapy, equestrian theater, photo session, as well as the organization of holidays and horseback riding. The cost of training from 2.5 thousand rubles.
- Private instructors. We note the individual approach. The price of one class is from 3 to 5 thousand rubles.
Posted on November 19, 2014 in the category: Sport
Equestrian sport is often called a pair, for the reason that not only a person physically works, but also a horse. This sport is wonderful, because along with good physical activity, the athlete gets very bright and positive emotions. However, at the same time, equestrian sport can bring not only benefit, but also harm.
The benefits of equestrian sport
The first advantage of horse riding is that a person is in the fresh air. The lungs are enriched with oxygen, the heart begins to beat rapidly and, as a result, sport serves as a prevention of cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases. After riding, the athlete feels more cheerful than ever, since communication with the horse gives him extra energy, confidence and peace of mind.
During the ride, the person uses the whole complex of muscles. The posture becomes smooth, the reaction becomes fast, the movement is clear and collected.
Equestrian sport has an impact on the condition of the figure, it is shown to those who want to lose unwanted pounds.
When riding, the musculoskeletal system also develops - the faster a rider rides a horse, the higher the load on him. In order for all the muscles and organs to receive a gentle load, it is enough to arrange stepping horse riding.
Equestrian sport requires concentration and attention, which further strengthens the nervous system, as well as increases stress resistance.
Equestrian sport is also good for children, and the benefits are not only health promotion. While riding, animals need to be looked after, which develops in riders a sense of love and care for the horse.
However, not everyone is equally useful to practice this sport. So, it is contraindicated:
- People who suffer from heart disease for the reason that during the jumps heartbeat increases, and the pressure becomes higher.
- For people who have suffered a stroke or are suffering from thrombophlebitis and vein thrombosis, due to the fact that during classes the risk of separation of the blood clot and its movement along with the blood flow to the respiratory organs increases.
- People with kidney disease or gynecological diseases, as during riding a horse the increased load goes on the pelvis and groin.
During equestrian sports, it is important not to forget that horses require care and attention, and therefore they cannot be rude or violent. As soon as the horse feels that he is well treated, equestrian sport will give you an unforgettable experience.
Today we will examine the main points related to equestrian sports for children: from how many years a child can practice this sport, what are the contraindications, how much are training and much more.
Equestrian sport is not only an interesting, but also a useful sport. The first competitions on it were held in Dublin in 1868. In 1912 he was included in the program of the Olympic Games. It is not surprising that in the 21st century this sport is promising for the younger generation.
The role of sports activities for children
It is difficult to overestimate the role played by sports activities for children. Regular workouts contribute to the formation of not only a beautiful and strong figure, but also a correct posture, which is so important for a growing organism. Thanks to physical exercises, the reaction speed is improved, all systems of the child’s body are strengthened. Any sport has a beneficial effect on health. In addition, sports activities develop intelligence, forge character.
It is also necessary to take care that the children are provided with the necessary clothing and equipment. Swimsuits for rhythmic gymnastics and swimming, leotards, as well as sports shoes should be of good quality and fit the size of the child.
Systematic training develops the body of a young athlete, as well as his logical and strategic thinking. Therefore, parents need to be able to create around the little athlete a positive atmosphere of achievement, and he will be able to feel the achieved success as a natural result of the efforts that he invested.
Organization and discipline
Thanks to sports activities, children are taught from childhood to make rational use of their time. After all, they need not only to learn the lessons, but also to rest between workouts. For a child under the age of 11, it would be ideal if during the week he could devote 5 hours to sports. In preparation for sports, the amount of time may increase.
В таких случаях составляют специальный режим, чтобы маленький спортсмен успел получить необходимое образование и много времени отдавал тренировкам. Перспективных юных спортсменов с раннего детства приучают к экономии времени и жесткой дисциплине. Поэтому спорт сыграет положительную роль в жизни вашего ребенка, если он и не станет профессиональным спортсменом. And he will become an organized and confident strong-willed person.
Benefit for health
Everyone for himself finds meaning in riding. Most often it is used for such useful purposes.
Riding is good for both physical and mental health. Hippotherapy is used for:
- Problems with posture.
- Mental disorder.
- Cerebral palsy.
The curative effect of hippotherapy can be explained by the fact that it perfectly strengthens the muscular frame, warms the body, teaches to concentrate attention, to coordinate its movements.
As for the psychological effect, it is the communication of a person with an animal, movement in the open air, emotional attachments, and the rest of the body and soul.
Horseback riding teaches how to control your body. With its help you can strengthen muscles, burn extra calories, become more resilient, stronger. If you do not like to perform fitness indoors, jogging is not interesting to you? Prefer horse riding.
Riding a horse, you can relax, relax, get real pleasure from walking in the fresh air. Some people compare driving to traveling by time machine in ancient times. Then the man did not know what a car is, he had to ride a horse across a field, a country road for a long time, he breathed and enjoyed the air, not the exhaust gases.
Professionals can not fear for their health, they are adapted to different loads, get great pleasure from driving, physical activity. But if a person decided to ride for interest, he should take into account such contraindications:
- Heart, vascular diseases.
- Hormonal disruptions.
- Inflammation of the joints.
- Back problems.
Attention! Due to the fact that the area of the legs, the pelvis is heavily loaded during riding, you cannot play sports with disorders of the reproductive system, diseases of the genital organs, kidneys. It is forbidden to ride with thrombophlebitis.
- Excellent physical activity. Riding a horse, you lose those extra pounds. Within an hour you can get rid of up to 600 kcal. In addition, in the process of driving you warm up your joints perfectly, strengthen the muscular system. With the help of riding you can improve your posture, learn to control your body, movement.
- Increases stamina. After a while you will feel strong, strong.
- Strengthens health. Riding a horse has a positive effect on the respiratory system, improves the functioning of the heart, blood vessels, strengthens the immune system.
- Outdoor activities. Riding a horse, you combine business with pleasure - exercise and breathe clean air. A person likes to ride a horse, concentrate, get pleasure from it.
- Relaxation. When a person rides a horse, the brain completely relaxes, gets rid of unpleasant thoughts, anxiety decreases. Riding helps to relax psychologically. This is a kind of active meditation. With it, you can relax, get rid of stress.
Can horse riding hurt?
One of the unpleasant moments is getting injured while riding. Anything can happen because of an accident, an oversight - the animal can become frightened and start behaving strangely. Subsequently, a person falls, gets different injuries. It is important to understand that you can ride a horse very quickly, dealing with animals that react to different circumstances. Therefore, be sure to adhere to these safety rules:
- Before you decide on horseback riding, consult your doctor. Find out if you have serious contraindications.
- Do not refuse the help of an instructor. Can't ride? It is enough to practice, and everything will work out for you, you should not risk your life yourself.
- Take care of your body during various falls.
- No need to hurry, try to learn everything gradually. You are not long on the horse? Do not jump over obstacles, do not let the horse gallop.
- Try to establish contact with the animal. Remember mutual trust. Do everything to understand the horse's mood, its possible reaction - the fear of a particular object, sound. When you are attentive to the animal, it will thank you for a good ride.
What is useful horse riding?
The benefits of riding have been studied for a long time, and at the moment there are several directions for the effects of horse riding on the body:
- Horse riding is a complete session of hippotherapy, that is, treatment with horses, the effectiveness of which has been proven by scientists. Communication with these amazing animals gives a lot of positive emotions, helps to relax and forget about the problems, as well as enjoy the fresh air and stunning views, achieving unity with nature. But the positive impact is not only psychological and emotional, but also on the physical level. The fact is that the horse's body temperature is slightly higher than the human one, and when it moves, it rises by several degrees. And this kind of thermal effect helps to normalize blood circulation and improve the blood supply to important systems and organs.
- Riding is an excellent training for almost the entire body. During horse riding, the respiratory and cardiovascular systems are actively working, which helps to improve their functioning. And the vestibular apparatus helps to maintain balance, which means that it, too, will receive a moderate load, thanks to which you will gain dexterity and improve coordination of movements.
- Regular classes are useful for losing weight, because walking at a fast pace is comparable to active walking or easy jogging. In addition, to stay in the saddle, the rider puts a lot of effort. At the same time, almost all muscle groups are involved: femoral and gastrocnemius, inguinal, abdominals, pectoral, biceps, and others. This is a full and fairly intense training.
- Horse rides are useful for women, especially those planning a child. While driving, blood actively flows to the organs of the small pelvis, due to which they receive more nutrients and oxygen and function much better.
- Regular exercises will improve digestion, since a rush of blood to the pelvic organs stimulates the motility of the intestinal walls and, thus, eliminates constipation.
- You will become much stronger, improve health and increase efficiency and activity.
- During the ride, the posture improves and the posture is formed, because the rider should keep his back straight, only in this position you can be in the saddle. Gradually, you will get used to this pose and you will not notice that your back remains straight even out of class. A beautiful posture - this is an attractive, elegant gait and the health of your spine.
- You can become more self-confident, more attentive, more collected, and also more feminine and more attractive. And it is absolutely useful in your life.
- Horse rides can give you a lot of new interesting acquaintances.
- While riding in picturesque places, you can enjoy the beauty of nature and get aesthetic pleasure that will help develop a sense of beauty, exquisite taste.
- Communicating with horses will awaken in you the best qualities, such as kindness, gentleness, honesty, moderate and appropriate pride, loyalty and many others. Often animals become an excellent example for humans.
- Horse riding is also beneficial for the body because it improves blood circulation and blood supply to almost all internal organs, and this normalizes their work.
It should be added that such a useful and exciting activity is suitable for everyone: women, men and children.
Can horse riding hurt?
The potential harm to horse riding lies primarily in the danger that an animal can create. For example, it can kick or suddenly accelerate the pace of movement, leading to injuries, including serious ones. But such risks can be minimized by observing security measures.
There are some contraindications:
- serious injuries or diseases of the spine (during walks, the load on it increases)
- some gynecological diseases of an inflammatory nature (during riding, blood flow to the pelvic organs increases, and this is harmful during inflammation),
- prostate diseases in men
- thrombophlebitis, thrombosis and other diseases that increase the risk of blood clots (during active driving one of them may come off),
- hypertension and some other diseases of the cardiovascular system, accompanied by cardiac arrhythmias (riding provokes an increase in pulse rate),
- kidney and urinary system diseases (such a contraindication is associated with a rush of blood to the pelvic organs),
- exacerbation of hemorrhoids,
- pregnancy (during horse walks, the muscles of the groin and abdomen tense strongly, which can provoke uterine hypertonus and premature labor),
- severe mental illness.
Hippotherapy: what is it?
This is a slow horse ride that helps to recover from injuries. Thus, not only health improves, but also the psychological state is strengthened. This recovery method is well suited for children with various neurological disorders and congenital mental abnormalities.
Slow riding can develop balance, one of its main goals is to overcome fear. Riding develops dedication and it provides harmony with the outside world.
Therefore, it is not surprising that many parents want to send their children to it. But in order for the child himself to express a desire to ride a horse, it is necessary to interest him.
When doctors refuse to issue a certificate
Permission to visit the gym is issued on the basis of expert opinion, test results. Get or even buy a certificate for sports is not always obtained. In some cases, doctors refuse to issue a document. This happens when the state of health is at risk - sports will aggravate the situation.
Contraindications for visiting the gym include the following chronic diseases:
- disorders of the respiratory system
- diseases in the acute stage,
- pathology of veins,
- nervous and mental disorders,
- venereal diseases,
- violation of the internal organs,
- diseases, eye injuries (myopia),
- ENT diseases,
- ischemic heart disease
- surgical diseases.
Parents often want to know if they can play sports after a flu shot, or whether it will be beneficial. The answer is negative, since any physical activity is prohibited for 5 days.
A person with an umbilical hernia is allowed to visit the gym and you can do physical exercises. Physical activity does not affect its size and condition. In the case of an open oval window in the heart, it is better not to be subjected to psycho-emotional and physical exertion.
Is it possible to play sports with asthma for a child - yes, if the disease is in remission. In case of bronchial asthma, it is recommended to choose certain sports.
In sinus arrhythmia, physical education is permitted. The same applies to sinus bradycardia, but only if there is no fainting. With cardiac arrhythmias, light physical fitness will be beneficial, since the body should be trained, but only certain types of stress are shown. It is important to normalize the rhythm of the heartbeat and saturate the tissue with oxygen.
Sports insurance for the child
Parents often worry about children, and wonder how to insure a child during serious workouts, to be calm when they visit the gym. How to get a document: sport insurance can be issued online by filling out a special form, pay. Thus, you can get a policy the very next day.
Why do we need sports insurance:
- This is a requirement for participation in competitions.
- The policy is needed to visit the gym.
- It protects the family budget from the costs associated with the treatment of injuries resulting from training.
The price for sports insurance for children is different. The cost depends on the insurance period, age and the selected amount of financial compensation. For children from 3 to 17 years old, engaged in swimming, the price of insurance for a month is about 3.5 thousand rubles.
The release of an athlete from physical education at school
Is it possible to free a child from physical education, if he plays sports, remains open to each particular school. You can negotiate with the administration by submitting a certificate from the sports section.
But often this does not make sense, since the school load is lighter than in a professional institution. Also, additional physical activity benefits children. Legislative decision does not have.
The goal of each parent is not to harm the growing organism with additional loads, but on the contrary - to develop physical data and strengthen the health of the child!
So, before you decide on a sport and start collecting information about the sports sections of your city, you should undergo a medical examination. Consult with a pediatrician, surgeon, oculist, otolaryngologist - if your child has any contraindications to playing with the chosen sport.
You should also consider the personal wishes of the future athlete. If you want to grow a star of football or figure skating, and your child wants to do only dancing, do not make him go to your chosen classes. Through the power of success, he will not succeed, and he will have enough forcible lessons in school!
Sport in 2-3 years
At this age, children and physical activity are inseparable. Kids are very mobile, it is difficult for them to sit still, and therefore parents simply need to send energy in the right direction!
At home, you can systematically engage in physical education with your child, as well as purchase a wall bars and various children's exercise equipment. On walks, let the toddler run, jump, play outdoor games, master the bike and scooter. Also go together to the sports grounds, where there are horizontal bars and exercise equipment - let the kid slowly get used to them.
Do not forget about water treatments: in summer - in open water, in winter - in the pool.
Sport 3-4 years
At this age, the children have special flexibility and plasticity. That is why you can safely give the child to sports or rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, figure skating, sports acrobatics. From the age of 4, a child can also attend classes in drafts and chess, which develop logical thinking, a cunning and calculating mind, tactics and strategy.
Sport at 7-8 years
At this age, small athletes are already able to show such qualities as speed, strength, courage, agility, quick response, as well as team spirit. Team sports will help them in this - the same hockey, football, volleyball, basketball, handball. You can also give the child to the martial arts section - wushu, karate, boxing or Thai boxing.
Do as we do
The family was taken in the mornings, no matter what, do exercises. As soon as the baby began to walk, the parents, by their example, tried to arouse in the child an interest in the exercises. The elder and then the second baby willingly joined their parents, at first awkwardly and ineptly imitating the movements of their relatives, and then they got used to it and began to do exercises every day, independently selecting exercises. And an unsportsmanlike child each time lay down on a sofa or carpet and enjoyed watching their relatives, even giving them advice, but absolutely did not want to join. It did not help either the proposals to portray funny little animals to music, nor the example of older children, nor the admonitions about the benefits of charging for health, nor the conviction that it is possible to become stronger this way, nor films, cartoons, read fairy tales.
Parents tried to teach an Unsportsmanlike child to ride a bike. However, neither the three-wheeled, nor the four-wheeled, nor even with the two wheels did not cause him the slightest desire to learn to ride it. The kid shouted that he was afraid, tired, hard for him. All attempts to seat him on a bicycle ended in a scandal: his parents were angry, the child fell and cried.
So the boy remained a perpetual passenger on the trunk of parental bikes.
Let him be taught
“If we cannot add it to the sport ourselves,” the parents decided, “let the professionals take care of their physical education.” And they took the younger child to the sports section. We started from the pool, firstly, to be supervised by a senior, and secondly, swimming is useful for posture and for the nervous system. But Nesportivny child was allergic to bleach, after training in the pool, he became sluggish and sleepy, and not at all vigorous, and with the onset of cold weather in general, he often caught a cold.
Then the parents took the toddler to the hockey section, judging that if the average likes it there, then maybe the younger one will be interested. While the beginners were taught to skate and work out the basic techniques of the game with them, the Unsportsmanlike child agreed to go to classes. But as soon as the team trainings began, the boy began to cry and refused to practice. The coach explained to the upset parents that hockey is a team game in which the player must always take into account the situation, adapt to his comrades. А Неспортивный ребенок не в состоянии справиться с предъявляемыми требованиями, и, чувствуя, что подводит остальных, он постоянно испытывает стресс. И лучше бы ему попробовать себя в другом виде спорта, индивидуальном.
Thinking a little, mom and dad decided to give the Unsportsmanlike child to the wrestling section, judging that knowledge of tricks would come in handy in life, if anything — you can stand up for yourself.
But, despite the appropriate physique, according to the trainers, the Unsportsmanlike child did not linger there. The coach asked his parents to pick up the baby, because he constantly violated discipline: he was very bored of repeating the same exercise many times.
In general, this same kid visited several other sports sections, but not a month went by as he was asked to stop attending classes or he refused to go to them. In utter despair, parents turned to a child psychologist for advice.
The optimal time for sports is early morning or evening. In the morning it is better to go to class on an empty stomach, in the evening - at least an hour and a half after eating and at least two hours before bedtime.
Do not let the child go to the section if he has even a slight fever or other signs of an inflammatory process.
Note: A child with chronic diseases should not be given in the section:
Where do unsporting kids come from?
In the past ten years, the idea of a healthy lifestyle has captured the hearts and minds of people so much that it has become even somehow indecent not to engage in any kind of sport for their own recovery. And modern parents strive to involve their children in sports as early as possible. For example, for newborns there are not only special exercises, but also a program of developing activities in the pool, and for older children a whole range of sports activities is offered. But what to do if he responds to all attempts to introduce a child to the sport?
I often hear from adults complaints about the unwillingness of children to play sports. Most of all because of the unsportsmanship of a child, parents of boys are experiencing It is believed that the boy must necessarily play sports - this affects the formation of masculinity, male personality traits. But what's wrong with that boy is to quiet pursuits that require reflection and silence? By themselves, playing sports will not make children more responsible and reliable.
Even parents are worried that a child loses interest in classes as soon as something ceases to be done for him or it turns out that efforts should be made to achieve a result. On the one hand, I understand the anxiety of moms and dads: after all, if a child already at that age gives in to difficulties and does not seek to succeed, then what can we expect from him further. On the other - you can understand the child. In preschool and primary school years, many “challenging” tasks are put before children and without sports: schooling (and for many, learning starts much earlier - from 3-4 years), acquiring skills to communicate with peers, adds complexity and a growing organism. Therefore, often sports are perceived by the child as another unpleasant duty.
For many children, sport is important as an opportunity to get rid of the accumulated energy, to give way to emotions, and only for some it is a way to assert itself, having achieved any success. It often happens that the types of sports offered by parents do not correspond to the interests or temperament of the child. Conventionally, there are several types of non-sports children.
Parents send their children to the sports section to:
- grown strong, strong, healthy,
-was where to throw out excess energy,
- were able to set goals and achieve them
- to develop will and endurance,
- learned to overcome fear
- learned to communicate in a new team,
- justified the hopes of parents
- to acquire a highly paid profession in the future.
He wants a quick result and constant change of activity. This child does not fit sports that require hard and long training, such as gymnastics or figure skating. Such a child will be suitable for classes that allow them to be in constant motion, for example, a bicycle, some team games. If the child is successful in his studies, he is captured by the spirit of competition, there is excitement and a desire to achieve more.
Charging for a little fidget should consist of many non-repeating movements, for example: he jumped, rolled over, climbed the ladder, hung on the rings, jumped, sat down, stretched - and all this to the merry music.
If a child is thoughtful and calm from birth, he is not interested in running somewhere or reaching for something. Lost in thought, he misses balls, playing volleyball, and crashes into a tree with his bicycle, looking at something interesting. He likes to observe and reflect, therefore it is best for him to go in for tourism, for example, to swim in a kayak. The most important thing is not to let the contemplator spend hours curled up sitting at a computer or reading a book in a stuffy room — you can also read in the open air. And as a warm-up, traditional seasonal activities, such as swimming in a river in summer or skiing in winter, work well. This does not interfere with thinking, and is a good exercise.
This child is stubborn and self-willed, does not like to obey the requirements of others, refuses to do "like everyone else." Even if he is attracted by the proposed sport, he can refuse it if parents insist on classes. He wants to stand out and excel. He is best suited to some extraordinary sport - fencing, horses, orienteering, or activities that include physical training: martial arts, a circus studio, sports dancing. It is advisable to simply let such a child know about the opportunity to work out in one section or another, and not to lead her by the hand and not insist on classes.
Unlucky. If a child is used to having nothing, if he has low self-esteem and a high degree of insecurity, he will succumb to any difficulty and, fearing another setback, will not even want to try to do something. But if the loser feels successful, then he will be engaged with pleasure and strive to achieve more. When choosing classes for him, one should first of all be guided by the personality of the teacher and the atmosphere in the team. Relations between children should be benevolent, not competitive, and the teacher should not be too demanding, able to support his charges. For a loser, individual sports are better than team sports, so that there is no fear of failing others. And at first it is better to avoid competitions and praise the child for the slightest achievements and even their absence.
- Buy a child a sports complex: it develops dexterity and allows you to independently manage your skills. And the baby with pleasure demonstrates his achievements to all his relatives and friends who can come,
- From an early age encourage outdoor games of the child. Play with him in the salon, in snowballs,
-Teaching a child to ski, skate, rollerblade, cycle and so on, be friendly, indulgent and not very persistent. Do not expect great success from the child, praise him as often as possible,
- Encourage your child’s seasonal entertainment (swimming and cycling in the summer, skiing and downhill sledges and ice-boats - in the winter). Ride and swim with the baby, and fun, and safer, and in the process of the game is easier to teach the child,
-When choosing a sports section for a child, one should always take into account the talent and interest of the baby, and not give vent to his vanity. Only those classes that give him pleasure will benefit the little man.
Which sport is better to choose
Something fundamentally new appears in the child's life: the team, the strict trainer, and it’s strange that yesterday you could watch cartoons all day long, and now you need to train regularly. To get out of the comfort zone without pain, we take into account the psychological component!
Sanguine is a natural leader. He needs victories and praise. In team sports or any extreme activities, he will feel like a fish in water. Emotional choleric people can also work for the benefit of the whole team, as well as engage in martial arts. Unlike phlegmatic, who can repeat the same action many times and at the same time remain calm. They will be interested in intellectual games, athletics and gymnastics. And for melancholic Spartan training conditions are unacceptable: the severity of the coach can bring up a lot of complexes in them. They may not become Olympic champions, but they will definitely succeed in shooting, fencing or equestrian sports.
At what age can you give the child to the sport
It should objectively assess the physical capabilities of the child and their relevance to age. In the choice of sport, everything is individual: no need to try to realize your unfulfilled childhood dream at his expense. The average age at which the sections announce the set is open - 4-5 years - already from this age tennis, dancing, hockey, martial arts, etc. are available for the restless. If you decide to introduce a child to the sport earlier, then from the age of 3 you can begin your acquaintance with gymnastics and a pool. Winter sports and football are available after the first school bell, and team games such as basketball and volleyball start at 9 years old.
From what age is it better to give the child to the sport?
When should I give my son or daughter to the sport? - It is best to start teaching children to the sport from the preschool age, but this is not always possible - not all sports sections accept young children.
If parents plan to subsequently make sport for a child a weighty part of his life, children need to be accustomed to sports from a “diaper”. How to do it? Equip at home a small sports area with a wall bars, rope and other devices. Being engaged from early childhood, the child will overcome fear, strengthen some muscle groups, master the existing projectiles, feel pleasure and joy from the exercises.
- 2-3 years. The kids at this age are full of energy, active and mobile. That is why at this time it is recommended to exercise daily with children in gymnastics. Kids get tired quickly, so the lessons should not be long, it’s enough to do a few simple exercises (clapping, waving arms, bending, jumping) for 5-10 minutes,
- 4-5 years. This age is especially noteworthy because the body type of the baby is already formed (as well as his character), and the talents are just beginning to manifest. This period is most suitable for finding a suitable sports club for your child. This age is good for the development of coordination. Offer your child a choice of acrobatics, gymnastics, tennis, jumping or figure skating. From the age of five you can begin classes at a ballet school or try yourself in hockey,
- 6-7 years. Great time for the development of flexibility and plasticity. After a year, the joints will reduce their mobility by about 20-25%. You can give the child to any type of gymnastics, to swim, to start practicing martial arts or football,
- 8-11 years old. This age period is best suited for developing speed, agility and dexterity in a child. Great idea - to give it to rowing, fencing or cycling,
- From the age of 11, emphasis should be placed on endurance. Children after 11 years old are able to withstand heavy loads, master complex movements and hone them. Choose any kind of sports with a ball, consider as an option track and field, boxing, shooting,
- After 12-13 years, the age comes when the best solution will be training aimed at developing strength and endurance.
So from what age can you give a child to this or that sport? There is no definite answer, as each person is individual. There are children who can skate or downhill at the age of three. Others and by the age of nine are completely unprepared for most sports.
There are general recommendations that you should listen to when choosing a sports section. For example, classes for the development of flexibility should start from an early age, because at this time the body of the child is more amenable to stretch marks. With age, flexibility decreases. But as for endurance, then, in general, it develops gradually - from 12 years to 25 years.
If you have decided to put a three-year-old child in a sports club, then take into account - the bones and muscles of the child will be completely formed only by five years. Excessive loads up to this age can lead to unpleasant consequences, such as scoliosis. Kids up to 5 years old are actually quite light loads and active games.
In which sections are children at different ages?
- 5-6 years. Take on different types of gymnastics and figure skating,
- 7 years. Acrobatics, ballroom and sport dances, martial arts, swimming, darts, as well as checkers and chess,
- 8 years. At this age, children take on badminton, football, basketball and golf. There is an opportunity to learn skiing,
- 9 years. From now on, there is a chance to become a skater, master sailing, do rugby and biathlon, start athletics,
- 10 years. Upon reaching 10 years old children are accepted to boxing and kickboxing, pentathlon, judo. You can give the children to classes with weights, billiards and cycling,
- From the age of 11, children have been taken to sections for various types of shooting,
- With 12 years old, the child will be taken to bobsled.
Sports for children and the age in years in which they are allowed to attend sports school
Gifted children can be recorded in the sports section a year younger.
Choose a sport, given the child's body
Having decided to give your child to the sport, you should pay attention to his body type. This is important because in different kinds of sports various features of the body structure are taken into account. For practicing basketball, tall is preferable, whereas this feature is not appreciated in gymnastics. If the child is prone to completeness, parents should pay even more attention to choosing a direction in sports, because the results of training will depend on this, and hence the level of children's self-esteem. Having excess weight, the child is unlikely to become a good striker in football, but he will be able to achieve results in judo or hockey.
There are several types of body structure, according to the scheme used in medical practice, Stefko and Ostrovsky. Let's look at them in detail:
- Asthenoid type - this body type is characterized by pronounced thinness, legs are usually long and thin, and chest and shoulders are narrow. Muscles are poorly developed. Often, people with asthenoid type of body build have a slouch along with protruding shoulder blades. Such children are prone to feel embarrassed. Given these factors, it is important for parents to find a section where their child will be psychologically comfortable. Here it is important not only the direction in the sport itself, but also the appropriate team. It is easy for such children to be engaged in gymnastics, basketball, as well as any sports where emphasis is placed on speed, strength and endurance, such as skiing, cycling, jumping, rowing, throwing, golf and fencing, sports swimming, basketball, and artistic gymnastics.
- The thoracic type of body is characterized by an equal width of the shoulder girdle and hips, the chest is often wide. The average muscle mass development rate. These children show high activity, they are suitable sports associated with speed and developing endurance. Moving kids fit various races, motor sports, skis, they will make excellent footballers and biathletes, acrobats and figure skaters. You can give a child with this type of body composition to ballet, capoeira, jumping, to captivate them with kayak sports.
- Muscular type of addition is characteristic of children with a massive skeleton and a developed muscle mass. They are hardy and strong, which means you should choose a sport aimed at developing strength and speed. Such children can manifest themselves in mountaineering, martial arts, football, powerlifting, water polo and hockey, as well as achieve good results in weightlifting and Workout.
- The digestive type - the digestive type of build is characterized by short stature, broad chest, the presence of a small tummy and fat mass in other parts of the body. These guys are not mobility, they are slow and clumsy. However, this does not mean that he can not join the sport. To inculcate interest in them, choose weightlifting, shooting, hockey, athletic gymnastics, consider martial arts or motor sports, throwing and WorkOut as an option.
How to choose a sport, given the children's temperament?
Character also matters when choosing sports. It depends on how much success the child can achieve. For example, children with a high degree of activity are unlikely to express themselves in sports, where training is an endless series of repetitive exercises that require the ability to concentrate. They need to find classes where the child can throw out excess energy, best of all, so that it is a team sport.
- Sports for sanguine. Дети с таким типом темперамента лидеры по натуре, они не склонны поддаваться страху, им нравится экстрим, им подойдёт спорт, где они смогут проявить все эти качества, показать собственное превосходство. Они комфортно почувствуют себя на занятиях фехтованием, альпинизмом, каратэ. Сангвиникам придётся по вкусу дельтапланеризм, горнолыжный спорт, спуск на байдарках.
- Холерики – люди эмоциональные, но они способны разделить с кем-то победу, поэтому детям с этим темпераментом лучше найти себя в командном спорте. Fighting or boxing is a good option for them.
- Phlegmatic children tend to achieve good results in everything, including in sports, because their natural qualities are perseverance and calm. Suggest a child with such temperament to go to chess, to figure skating, do gymnastics or become an athlete.
- Melancholic - very vulnerable children, they can hurt the excessive severity of the coach. It is better to choose for them one of the team sports or to give to the dance. An excellent option is equestrian sport, it is suitable for everyone, and you should also consider shooting or sailing.
Which section to give children, given their state of health?
If you chose a direction in sports for your children, took into account all the factors - their preferences, body type, character, now you should pay attention to the health of future athletes. It is better to consult a pediatrician who knows the characteristics of the body of the child. The doctor will tell you which sports are contraindicated in each case, and which ones will benefit. The pediatrician will determine which level of load is suitable for your children. Consider the recommendations regarding the choice of sport for various diseases.
- Lessons in volleyball, basketball and football are contraindicated for myopic children, as well as those who suffer from asthma or flatfoot. But these sports will help strengthen the musculoskeletal system,
- Rhythmic gymnastics will save the child from flat feet and help strengthen the back muscles, form a beautiful posture,
- Swimming - suitable for all children without exception. Occupations in the pool have a beneficial effect on the muscles of the whole body, including the back, strengthen the nervous system,
- Hockey is contraindicated if the child has chronic diseases, but he is well developing the respiratory system,
- Martial arts, rhythmic gymnastics, skiing and figure skating are shown with a poorly developed vestibular apparatus,
- With a weak nervous system suitable children's yoga classes, swimming and equestrian sports,
- Tennis is worth doing for the development of fine motor skills and attention, but this sport does not suit myopic children and those who suffer from a stomach ulcer,
- Riding is recommended for convulsive syndrome, gastrointestinal diseases and diabetics,
- Strengthen the heart and respiratory system can be engaged in speed skating, athletics or diving,
- Figure skating is contraindicated in severe myopia and diseases of the pleura.
Wanting to introduce children to the sport, you should not be afraid of experiments, there will be victories, there will be failures. However, never write off the failures of the child in the sport to different circumstances, because they are the result of the effort. Achieving success by their efforts, children will again strive for victories, faced with failure, will make more effort.
Any sport is useful and important, because it develops a strong character, responsibility and discipline. The main thing that the child was engaged in it with pleasure!
We also read: TOP 10 sports and sports entertainment for children from 0 to 5 years
The benefits of sports for children and teenagers
Sport is also good for children, because the children's body is growing. Therefore, for boys, pull-ups are necessary, since this in the future becomes the basis for the formation of a male figure and the key to normal puberty.
Also, do not forget that the children's body has a weak nervous system, which is also the reason why you need to play sports.
The benefits of sports in adolescence
Many adolescents do not even understand that the foundation of their health and spiritual well-being is laid at their age. Therefore, sports are useful not just by themselves, but also form human health in more mature periods of life, and, moreover, provides for a comfortable old age.
What are the benefits of sport for teens. If a young man goes in for sports, he will develop much faster than his peers.
Quite often in schools you can meet students of 15-16 years. Some of them still look quite like children, while others can easily be given 17-18 years. If you look at them in perspective, then at 18 such young men looked like 25.
Therefore, this has a better effect not only on the development of a person as a fact, but also on his position in society. Older people are perceived much more seriously than their age of not mature.
Due to the fact that during sports a person actively receives oxygen to all his organs, it can be stated with confidence that sport helps a person to more easily navigate in space.
Also, a separate topic is worthy of puberty of a teenager, which is stimulated by sports.
Yes, we already talked about human development, but now I would like to talk about its other component - sexual development.
It is at this age that the hormonal background is laid, which depends entirely on sport.
This is especially true of boys and young men, because sport directly affects the level of testosterone - the male hormone, which during puberty forms a male appearance, and after it - male qualities.
And how well this hormone works in adolescence depends on the whole further life of the guy, and then, the men.
Oddly enough, but in the female body testosterone is also needed. After all, it is the prevention of fear, to which women are so susceptible.
That testosterone helps an adult to think more with his head than with emotions. And even if there is less testosterone in the female body, this does not mean that it is not needed there.
Girls sport will allow to build a figure on the female type, to make movements smoother and more feminine.
But at the same time, girls, and teenagers - all the more so, do not overdo it with physical exertion. Then femininity will turn into masculinity, which girls do not face.
It is also necessary to take into account both sexes the fact that the heart develops most slowly. Therefore, adolescents can often have a children's level of development of the cardiovascular system, which is very bad. And sport allows you to accelerate the training of the heart muscle.
In this case, it is necessary to take into account the fact that, taking into account the peculiarities of the heart in adolescents, one should not give them too much stress. However, light cardiac loads are even indicated, since the pulse is lowered, which is quite often elevated in adolescence.
Summing up, the benefits of sports in adolescence sometimes even more important than the benefits of sports for children of preschool and primary school children.
This is the use of sports for children and teenagers! After all, it is precisely on how the organism develops that human life depends in the future. As for adolescence, here is the same.
If a person as a teenager did not play sports, then at least during the youth do it. It will be invaluable to him.
And the benefit of sports in adulthood is a separate topic, all the best to you!
Like this article? Share with your friends in social networks: