Hemorrhoids are a delicate problem that not everyone wants to talk about even with a doctor. But it is not uncommon after birth - according to statistics, it occurs in 41% of cases. Treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth, many start independently, but you need to remember that not all drugs are allowed for use in nursing women. Some of them are able to be absorbed into the blood and enter the milk, which is not safe for the baby.
Given the impossibility of treatment with many drugs, uncomplicated hemorrhoids can be reduced by lifestyle changes. This is a prerequisite for the prevention of its aggravation in the future. If therapy is ineffective, then surgical methods of treatment will come to the rescue. Modern medicine has bloodless ways of getting rid of a delicate problem.
Causes of illness in young mothers
Signs of hemorrhoids can appear even during pregnancy. This is facilitated by:
- hormonal changes,
- frequent constipation
- reduced physical activity
- increased intra-abdominal pressure
- blood stagnation in the pelvis
- increase in circulating blood,
- appearance of placental blood flow.
Often, women change their diet, increase the amount of baking and sweets, gain weight more than expected. This only exacerbates the problem.
Childbirth can independently provoke a disease. Some say that hemorrhoids “got out” after childbirth, without any previous signs during the gestation period. The explanation lies in the characteristics of labor. If it is protracted, complicated, and lasts longer than 12 hours, then this increases the chances of getting an extension of the hemorrhoidal sinuses.
During childbirth, the baby tightly adheres to the pelvic walls. At the same time outflow of blood worsens, veins overflow. When cutting the head, the doctor may notice that the anus is moving, it gapes and opens the initial part of the rectal mucosa. The long position of the head in such a state leads to blood overflow of the venous sinuses. After birth, the anus closes.
How to understand that a problem has appeared
The first signs of hemorrhoids after pregnancy begin to bother even in the hospital:
- itching and burning in the anus,
- difficulty defecating
- scarlet blood in feces
- foreign body sensation in the gut,
- pain during stool,
- feeling of incomplete emptying.
Hemorrhoids can be external, internal and combined. Each species has its own course and complications.
- Outdoor Manifested in the form of fringe, folds, small tubercles around the anus. When pressed, they are dense, not blown away. Complications of this form are very rare, surgical treatment is not required.
- Inner. Nodes are located in the folds of the rectum, behind the anal ring. They are on a broad basis, can be single and multiple. When pressed, the nodes are blown away, and after straining or sneezing, coughing is filled with blood. Complications - loss and infringement of nodes, the addition of infection, inflammation and the development of thrombosis.
But not always the disease "climbs" immediately after childbirth. Sometimes it takes time, and severe hemorrhoids appear after a few weeks. This is a consequence of errors in nutrition, low activity of a woman. Some after the operation (cesarean section) the intestines start to work worse, constipation appears more often.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids in women after childbirth can cause a lot of trouble. Chronic rectal blood loss can lead to anemia in the mother. So, the child will not get the right amount of iron with milk. For a young mother, this condition will be accompanied by weakness, dizziness, tachycardia. The condition of hair and nails will worsen.
Methods of treating hemorrhoids after childbirth
Treatment of hemorrhoids after birth with breastfeeding (HB) begins with lifestyle changes. A young mother should be in the fresh air during the day and move enough. It can be walking (at least 1-2 km), as well as special exercises recommended for the postpartum period. Those who have undergone a cesarean section, movements are needed to a greater extent: they are the prevention of the formation of adhesions. At home you can perform gymnastics in the morning.
Nutrition for hemorrhoids is aimed at improving bowel movement. Constipation should be avoided. The principles of nutrition are the same regardless of the stage of the disease.
- Delete. Sweet, flour, fat, smoked meats, legumes, cabbage, coffee, alcohol.
- Be sure to use. Vegetables and fruits rich in fiber (more raw), lean meat, dairy products, cereals.
Before treating hemorrhoids after giving birth at home, a nursing mother must still find time to go to the doctor. Getting rid of pathology is hard. Only a doctor during the examination will be able to assess the scale of the problem, choose drugs that are safe for the mother and child. Most often, hemorrhoids after childbirth prescribe funds for external, local use. These are various candles, ointments and creams.
Relieve hemorrhoids after pregnancy with HBV and eliminate constipation by using laxatives:
- "Duphalac" - lactulose syrup for oral administration,
- "Mikrolaks" - microclysters with action in 5-15 minutes.
If all else fails to go to the toilet, you can use a full-fledged enema to eliminate constipation.
Candles for hemorrhoids are recommended to be put only after a bowel movement or a cleansing enema. Most often in the postpartum period, the following remedies are recommended.
- Relief. The drug is available in the form of ointment and suppositories. It will help to quickly remove external hemorrhoids, get rid of internal symptoms. Candles are inserted into the rectum, and for the cream there is a special nozzle. Also, a small amount of funds applied to the skin around the anus. The drug has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- "Bepanten." This cream is based on vitamins of group B. It helps to cope with cracks, accelerates tissue regeneration. It is also used in the case of postoperative sutures and after perineal tears.
- Vishnevsky ointment. An effective remedy that relieves swelling, inflammation and pain, helps with exacerbation of hemorrhoids. According to reviews, it is most convenient to use as a compress for the night.
- "Hepatrombin". This is a heparin ointment. It is applied to the external nodes to reduce swelling, inflammation.
- Candles with sea buckthorn. Safe for nursing moms. Helps relieve swelling and inflammation, reduce itching.
Used and means for oral administration, but they are contraindicated in breastfeeding. If a woman has stopped feeding, she can consult a doctor about the need for treatment with such drugs:
- horse chestnut extract
With the ineffectiveness of the treatment or the development of complications, when the infringement occurs and the nodes look like crimson bumps, they resort to surgical methods. Knot removal is a traumatic surgery. If there are many of them, then it is carried out in several stages, each time waiting for complete healing. In modern conditions, bloodless methods are increasingly used:
- laser coagulation,
It is possible to get rid of hemorrhoids after childbirth with the help of folk methods. But decoctions of various herbs when taken orally can be dangerous for the baby, so preference is given to local methods. So, spend sessile baths on the grass. Compounds that have anti-inflammatory, anti-edematous, antiseptic effects are selected.
- With chamomile. Pharmaceutical chamomile flowers and marigold in equal quantities mixed. Three tablespoons brew in 2 liters of boiling water. Insist, strain. To use in cultivation from 5 l of water.
- With oak bark. The mixture of chamomile and calendula can add the same amount of oak bark. It has astringent, antiseptic effects. Boil three tablespoons of boiling water, defend, strain. To use in cultivation from 5 l of water.
Sit trays should also be treated with caution. In the early postpartum period, you can not use hot water. This will lead to increased blood flow in the pelvis and bleeding. Those who have stitches, such hot procedures are also contraindicated.
Traditional medicine also proposes to use as a lotion the pulp of raw potatoes, cabbage leaf. It is not known whether hemorrhoids will pass after delivery from such a remedy. But it is cooling.
To cure hemorrhoids after childbirth during lactation, you need to immediately tune in to proper nutrition and an active lifestyle. Sometimes it is hard to do - a young mother gets tired from sleepless nights, an increased number of duties. But a neglected disease is worse treatable and requires even more effort.
Allocate external and internal hemorrhoids, depending on the location of varicose nodes. If a woman notes that after pregnancy she has got out hemorrhoids, we are talking about the external form. At the same time nodes around an anus are easily defined. In case of internal hemorrhoids, pain and other symptoms bothers, but no pathological formations are determined from the outside.
The initial manifestations of the disease can be seen even during gestation. If untreated, the symptoms of hemorrhoids in women after childbirth are exacerbated. The most important precipitating factors are as follows.
- Trauma in childbirth. Difficult passage of the fetal head through the pelvis, ruptures of the perineum and rectum, subsequent stitches, rapid delivery, the birth of a large baby - all these factors provoke an exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
- Overweight. During pregnancy, girls often gain a couple of "extra" pounds. Excess weight creates additional intra-abdominal pressure, which leads to accumulation of blood in the pelvis and the formation of hemorrhoids. Therefore, after birth, it is important to normalize body weight.
- Hypodynamia. Limited space and movement, especially in the first months after birth, contributes to impaired blood circulation in the pelvic veins.
- Abdominal muscle weakness. A stretched and enlarged abdomen provokes a slowdown in the passage of fecal mass through the gastrointestinal tract. Women with weak abdominal muscles have to push harder during bowel movements, which further increases hemorrhoids.
- Varicose legs Pathologically altered vessels in the lower limbs may indicate the peculiarities of the connective tissue of a woman. In this case, the wall of the veins becomes overly stretchable, less elastic. As a result, increased loads in the form of stagnation of blood in the pelvis will lead to its irreversible changes and hemorrhoids.
- Constipation. After childbirth, women face problems with defecation. Sometimes girls are afraid to empty their intestines, fearing for the seams on the perineum. But regular soft stool is the prevention of exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
When can be formed
The first signs of hemorrhoids after pregnancy may appear either immediately after birth, or after a while.
If complaints appear within two to three days after the birth of the baby, most likely the childbirth itself provoked an exacerbation. Probably, they proceeded for a long time, either the child was born large, or the woman did not follow all the recommendations of the midwife during the attempts.
It should not be surprising if severe hemorrhoids after childbirth occur even if a cesarean section is performed. Probably, the disease progressed during pregnancy, but was not clinically manifested. And after cesarean section, frequent stool disorders (thickening of feces, constipation) occur. If time does not adjust the bowel movement, it is possible not only the progression of hemorrhoids, but also the formation of cracks in the rectal mucosa.
Signs of hemorrhoids can be bright during an exacerbation of the disease, as well as erased, in chronic form. The following symptoms may be of concern.
- Pain. Unpleasant sensation in the anus and fear of another act of defecation occurs during an exacerbation of the disease. The pain occurs in the presence of external manifestations (nodes), and with internal hemorrhoids. Often pathology may be accompanied by anal fissure. At the same time, pains appear suddenly, are not associated with defecation and are extremely acute.
- Blood. These can be blood streaks in feces or remnants of it on paper, as well as significant discharges visible on the walls of the toilet bowl. The appearance of blood may not be accompanied by pain. It is important to distinguish discharge from hemorrhoids and from the vagina after childbirth (or during menstruation).
- Itching. Occurs with chronic hemorrhoids. Usually, itching is caused by irritation of the rectal mucosa and the area around the anus with mucus or other secretions.
- Edema. It is formed most often with external hemorrhoids with thrombosis of the nodes. At the same time, there is severe pain in the rectum, and the body temperature may even rise to 37-38 ° C.
- Slime. Mucous secretions appear when hyperproduction of secretions by the glands of the rectum, as well as with concomitant intestinal pathology.
- "Cones". Usually they are associated with hemorrhoids. "Cones" are hemorrhoidal nodes - varicose veins of the rectum.
With a complicated course of hemorrhoids, anal fissures can form, paraproctitis (inflammation of the tissues around the rectum) can occur, and blood clots form in the varicose veins (nodes).
How to identify the disease
In the initial stages, hemorrhoids often go unnoticed. It can be detected during a general examination if the doctor performs a digital examination of the rectum. So also determine the internal forms of hemorrhoids and other complications.
Additionally, methods are used for diagnostics that allow to identify fissures associated with hemorrhoids, polyps and other diseases, and also allow you to take material (biopsy) for histological examination.
- Anoscopy. This is an examination of the rectal mucosa with the help of special mirrors - anoscope. The tool can be used during surgical removal of nodes.
- Rectoromanoscopy. Allows to examine not only the rectum, but also the sigmoid.
- Colonoscopy. Examination of the entire colon with the help of a colonoscope - a special flexible tubular instrument.
Depending on the symptoms identified, the following hemorrhoid stages are distinguished.
- The first. Hemorrhoids are located inside the rectum, do not come out during straining. Periodically, pain, blood, itching.
- The second. Nodes appear with a strong straining, as well as after exercise. They self-inflate and therefore often go unnoticed.
- Third. It is characterized by the fact that the nodes protrude from the lumen of the rectum, but already do not set back on their own. You can easily remove them with your fingers, but at the slightest tension they reappear.
- The fourth. All previous manifestations are complemented by the fact that the course of hemorrhoids is complicated. For example, there is a thrombosis, inflammation.
Principles of treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth
Treatment of hemorrhoids after childbirth during breastfeeding should be comprehensive and safe for mother and baby. Specific measures depend on the presence of complications and the severity of nodes. It is unambiguous to say for how many hemorrhoids pass after childbirth with different treatment options impossible. This is an individual process.
The general recommendations for treatment will be as follows.
- Body weight should be monitored. It is necessary to understand that those extra pounds will contribute to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure and stagnation of blood in the pelvis, including in already modified veins.
- It is useful to strengthen the abdominal muscles. This is a kind of prevention of constipation. Even with straining with a reinforced press, the pressure on the crotch will be less.
- It is necessary to adjust the work of the intestine. This is one of the most important conditions in order to get rid of hemorrhoids after childbirth. First you need to change the power. A large number of fruits and vegetables, a reduced content of bakery products - all this will help avoid constipation. If necessary, you can use funds with lactulose ("Duphalac") to soften the chair and enhance intestinal motility. Enema can be used only without exacerbation of hemorrhoids, otherwise it will aggravate the process.
- Avoid heavy physical labor. Severe physical activity with weight lifting will contribute to the progression of hemorrhoids. Therefore, it is better to dose the load or change the type of exercise.
If you apply all the recommendations, then there will be no question of how to go to the toilet for hemorrhoids. If necessary, before visiting it, you can drink an anesthetic antispasmodic, for example, "No-silo" or "Papaverine".
Drugs for the disease
Most often, local remedies are used to relieve the symptoms of the disease and accelerate healing:
For complex therapy for concomitant varicosity of the lower extremities, tablets can be used that help prevent the formation of blood clots in hemorrhoids. The latter include "Detraleks", "Phlebodia".
Candles are popular and effective based on:
- extracts from algae ("Natalsid"),
- sea buckthorn oil ("Olestezin"),
- propolis ("Proposan"),
Suppositories for uncomplicated course
Reflecting on how to relieve hemorrhoids after pregnancy with HB (breastfeeding), many prefer suppositories from the Relief group. Candles are made on the basis of shark liver oil, and in some preparations other ingredients are added to enhance the effect.
Safe for breastfeeding candles.
- "Neo-anuzol." They carry out their effect due to zinc and bismuth compounds.
- "Posterizan." These are suppositories based on beneficial intestinal bacteria. Their use increases local immunity, which leads to the disappearance of hemorrhoid symptoms.
Remedies for complications
In complicated cases of lactation, the following antihemorrhoidal drugs can be taken.
- With inflammation and thrombosis of the nodes. Heparin-based candles and ointments. Sample drugs: "Gepatrombin G", "Heparin ointment."
- When joining the infection. You can use the "Ointment of Vishnevsky" or "Levomekol."
- When forming a crack. Used cream or ointment "Bepanten." The drug stimulates healing and is safe during breastfeeding.
- With "bloody" hemorrhoids. Relief Advance is used with phenylephrine.
Already in the first stage of hemorrhoids it is difficult to get rid of the disease with candles alone. For radical treatment requires minimally invasive surgery.
- In the first stage of the disease. Most often resort to sclerotherapy or coagulation (cauterization). In the first case, a drug is injected into the nodes, which contributes to the collapse of the vein wall, as a result of which hemorrhoids pass. During coagulation, the node is simply removed using electric current, infrared or laser radiation.
- With a more pronounced process. In addition to these, the use of ligatures (special seams) on the nodes. This closes the bloodstream and leads to the "drying" of the site.
- With a complicated course of hemorrhoids. Most commonly used are classic surgeries with the removal of all nodes.
The experience of traditional medicine
There are a large number of folk remedies and methods in the fight against hemorrhoids at different stages. But if a woman thinks about how to quickly remove external hemorrhoids after childbirth, these options should not be considered. Traditional methods will help only for some time to remove the symptoms of the disease, to exacerbate and relieve the condition.
- Ice cubes. You can cook from pure water or herbal infusions (chamomile, sea buckthorn, aloe). Ice cubes should be placed in the rectum. They will help relieve pain and itching, reduce the release of blood.
- Seating baths. Useful for external hemorrhoids. To do this, it is necessary to brew healing herbs (calendula, chamomile, sea buckthorn) and sit for 15-20 minutes in the resulting infusion.
- Compresses of plants and fruits. You can cook from raw finely grated potatoes, sea buckthorn berries, aloe leaves. Effectively used in external hemorrhoids, applying the resulting "slurry" to the nodes at night.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Observing simple recommendations for the prevention of hemorrhoids can "not know this disease in person."
- Normal digestion. It is important that women after childbirth do not have constipation. To improve intestinal motility, you can do gymnastics, massage the abdomen, but you also need to follow a special diet rich in fiber.
- Sufficient physical activity. It affects intestinal motility and blood circulation in the pelvis.
- Correction of body weight. Excess weight - a direct path to hemorrhoids, especially with the deposition of fat on the abdomen.
- Timely treatment. It is important not to postpone the problem, but to solve it together with a specialist as they appear. So you can avoid complications.
Hemorrhoids are a delicate problem that often occurs during pregnancy and after childbirth. You should not try to get rid of the disease yourself and look for ways to treat hemorrhoids after birth to a nursing mother at home. All of them are doomed to the transition of the disease into a chronic form and the formation of complications. Only a specialist can prescribe a safe and effective treatment in each case.
Causes of hemorrhoids after childbirth
Postpartum hemorrhoids, despite its name, begins during pregnancy. In 2 and 3 trimesters, the uterus and the fetus are constantly increasing in size and squeezing the rectum. The longer the pregnancy, the worse the blood supply to this area becomes. Nodes and cracks are formed during childbirth due to a sharp increase in intra-abdominal pressure. The severity of the disease is determined by the individual characteristics of the woman, the weight of the child, the course of labor.
Another common cause of hemorrhoids after childbirth is constipation, which appeared during pregnancy. Their appearance is caused by several reasons. There is a change in hormonal levels. The body begins to intensively produce progesterone - a hormone that reduces the tone of smooth muscles of internal organs. Its main task during this period is to prevent uterine hypertonia and abortion. Reduced intestinal motility leads to slower digestion and the development of constipation. The blood in the vessels of the rectum stagnates, hemorrhoids are formed.
Additional factors provoking hemorrhoids are overweight, lack of physical activity. In case of complications during pregnancy, the doctor may prescribe drugs, which also increase the risk of developing the disease.
Hemorrhoid treatment after childbirth
Hemorrhoids after childbirth cause great discomfort to the woman and can lead to more serious diseases, so treatment should be carried out immediately after the symptoms are detected. To quickly resolve the problem, you need an integrated approach that combines diet, gymnastics, medication and folk remedies.
Since it is prohibited to treat hemorrhoids after childbirth during lactation with most medicines, it is important to focus on proper nutrition. In addition, it will be useful for the health of the baby. With the help of dietary correction, you can eliminate chronic constipation, which is one of the factors in the development of hemorrhoids.
The daily menu of a nursing woman should include foods high in fiber. Its fibers increase intestinal motility and restore normal stool. Sources: oatmeal, buckwheat and barley porridge, wheat bran, vegetable oil, dried apricots, prunes, as well as fresh fruits and vegetables.
It is important to observe drinking regime. The rate of water is calculated on the basis of body weight: for each kilogram should be 30 ml of fluid per day. The best option is to drink purified non-carbonated water; sugary drinks should be discarded.
All sweets, smoked meats, spices, rice and semolina porridge, flour products, drinks with gas are banned. It is necessary to minimize the consumption of canned foods and convenience foods. Vegetables are not recommended to eat radish, turnip and sorrel.
There is a special therapeutic exercises against hemorrhoids. Physical exercise improves the functioning of the large intestine, increases the tone of the muscle fibers of the anal zone and the abdominal wall, and reduces congestive processes in the pelvic vessels.
Need to do a couple of times a day, and if most of the time is spent in a sitting position - 3-4 times. The duration of the complex is about 5 minutes.
Here are simple, but effective exercises:
- Walking around the room, legs raised high at the knees,
- Standing, swing your straight leg forward, backward and sideways (repeat with the other leg),
- Standing, feet shoulder-width apart, lean to the sides, back and forth,
- Perform plié squats: with legs apart and on toes,
- Standing, feet shoulder-width apart, strain the buttocks, retracting the anus (hold tension for 7-10 seconds).
Kegel exercises will be helpful. In the supine position, it is necessary to strain the sphincter muscles as much as possible, and at the end to slightly tighten. First, perform 5 repetitions, gradually increase to 30.
If any of the exercises gives you discomfort or pain, then you should give it up.
Medicines help to quickly eliminate the symptoms of the disease and restore blood circulation in the rectum. But how to treat hemorrhoids nursing mother, which is contraindicated in most drugs?
Compromise option - external means: cream, ointment, candles. Most of them have a complex effect on the affected areas, at the same time removing pain, irritation, healing of cracks and improving blood microcirculation.
The choice of the drug depends on the form of the disease, since it is better to treat external hemorrhoids after delivery with ointments and creams, and the internal one with candles.
List of safe medicines:
- Sea buckthorn candles. Stimulate the restoration of the mucous membrane of the rectum. The course of treatment is from 10 to 15 days, 2 candles per day.
- Neo-Anuzole (candles). Disinfect the surface of the mucous membrane of the rectum and contribute to the rapid healing of cracks. The duration of treatment is from 5 to 10 days, 1-2 pieces each. per day.
- Posterizan (ointment, candles). It relieves the symptoms of hemorrhoids and restores the damaged mucosa. The main course of treatment is 10 days, after the elimination of symptoms, it is necessary to continue using the remedies for another 2-3 weeks to prevent recurrence.
- Procto-Glevenol (cream, candles). Relieves inflammation and pain, eliminates itching, reduces the permeability of vascular walls, improves microcirculation and increases the tone of the venous walls. The course of treatment is from 10 days.
- Relief Advance (candles). It has anti-inflammatory, reparative and hemostatic effect. Duration of use - from 6 days, the average dosage per day - 2 pcs., Maximum - 6 pcs. Read more about Relif →
- Hepatrombin (ointment, suppository). Relieves inflammation and pain, prevents blood clots, eliminates spasms and itching. The cream must be applied up to 4 times a day, candles - up to 2. The duration of treatment is determined individually (from 5 days).
All these tools can be considered relatively safe for nursing mothers. Their appointment should deal with the doctor. In no case can not take laxative drugs, they are absolutely contraindicated during breastfeeding.
Since curing hemorrhoids after childbirth is not easy due to breastfeeding, folk methods are very popular.
The following recipes are common:
- Olive oil. It promotes the healing of cracks, restores the mucous membrane. You can treat the outer areas with oil, using it as an ointment, or soak the tampons and inject it into the rectum.
- A decoction of herbs. You can use a mixture of chamomile, calendula, oak bark, sage, linden and onion peel. Use for sedentary baths or lotions.
- Vegetable oils and water. For the treatment of postpartum hemorrhoids, enemas can be made from boiled water and a small amount of vegetable oil.
By the use of folk remedies, especially from medicinal plants, should be approached with caution. Some of them can cause allergic reactions. It is important to remember that all these recipes are recommended for the period after childbirth, they cannot be used during pregnancy.
Little known ways
There are not quite the usual ways of treating hemorrhoids after childbirth.
- Hirudotherapy. Leech is applied to the hemorrhoid. As a result, puffiness, pain are eliminated, microcirculation of blood is restored. With a full course of treatment, the nodes completely disappear.
- Cold water with potassium permanganate. This remedy is used to treat external hemorrhoids. Cold water should be poured into the basin and several manganese crystals should be mixed in it. Moisten a tissue cloth in the solution and attach it to the sore spot. A more extreme option is to sit in a bowl of water for a few minutes. But in this case, you can chill the pelvic organs.
- Inhalation. This method is also called Persian. A wooden lid with a hole 3 cm in diameter must be made into a can or similar container. Heat the brick in the oven, put on it finely chopped garlic and put it in the can. Cover with a lid, sit on it so that the affected area was above the hole. The duration of inhalation is about 25 minutes while the garlic smokes. The procedure is carried out 1 time per day during the week.
All these methods relate to alternative medicine and data on their effectiveness is not enough. Before use, consult with your doctor.
Principles of personal hygiene
If hemorrhoids appear after childbirth, you need to know not only how to treat it, but also how to carry out hygiene procedures. Requires more thorough cleanliness of the affected area. It is necessary to wash every time after deformation. Cool water reduces pain and inflammation with external hemorrhoids. It is worth getting wet or special soft toilet paper, use it carefully.
Any warming procedures are contraindicated: baths, baths, saunas. The water should be warm; for healing effect, you can add oak bark, chamomile, sage or calendula. Prohibited anal sex, as it is one of the causes of the disease.
Prevention of hemorrhoids after childbirth
Prevention of hemorrhoids, manifested after childbirth, you must begin to engage in early pregnancy. The most important thing is to eliminate constipation and restore normal bowel function. To do this, you need to adjust the diet, focusing on foods with fiber and drink enough water. Constipation occurs due to the reception of fatty foods, sweet pastries. Alcohol, spices, smoked foods increase the filling of blood in the pelvic veins and increase the risk of hemorrhoids.
Moderate physical activity stimulates the functioning of the intestine, improves muscle tone of the anal zone, reduces blood stasis in the veins. Effective exercise for the prevention of hemorrhoids: lie on your back, put a roller or a folded blanket under your buttocks, lift your legs up. Lie down for about 10-15 minutes.
It is important not to allow hypothermia of the lower part of the body, to avoid a long (more than an hour) stay on the legs or in a sitting position. During work, take breaks at the gym.
Hemorrhoids after childbirth are not uncommon, his treatment during breastfeeding should be comprehensive. It requires not only the use of drugs, but also compliance with the rules of nutrition, the implementation of special exercises, the use of folk methods. It is necessary to carry out hygienic procedures, impose some restrictions on lifestyle. At the first signs of the disease, you need to consult a doctor, on the basis of the examination he will be able to choose the optimal complex of medical procedures.
Author: Olga Khanova, doctor,
specifically for Mama66.ru
Medical therapy for postpartum hemorrhoids
As you know, blood vessels can change both in front of the anus, and beyond, directly in the rectum itself. Accordingly, the treatment of the disease depends on the location of the pathology. Light and uncomplicated hemorrhoids can be treated with the following remedies:
Ointment is more convenient to use with external nodes, and candles will be more effective with the internal form of the disease.
In postpartum hemorrhoids during lactation, troxevazine and heparin ointment, Relief ointment, and Vishnevsky liniment are considered to be popular and effective. The active ingredients of the first two drugs are anticoagulants - substances that contribute to the dilution of blood and blood clots. Ointments perfectly remove swelling, strengthen blood vessels and reduce the nodes. Medical Relief is made of shark liver oil, which has a powerful anti-inflammatory and regenerating properties. Vishnevsky's balsamic liniment relieves swelling and redness, soothes pain and promotes healing of microcracks.
Among the hemorrhoidal suppositories allowed for breastfeeding, the following are effective: