Motherwort for adults - than useful, how to take the drug
As you know, motherwort is a medicinal plant that can soothe. In most cases, use a decoction or spirit infusion of motherwort.
It is worth paying attention that this medicine in the form of tablets also allows you to get a positive result. Motherwort in tablets has a calming effect. The drug is recommended for use with sleep problems, in case of increased sensitivity of the nervous system. It is also effective to take motherwort with diseases such as vegetative-vascular dystonia and neurasthenia. In addition, it helps to slow the rhythm of the heart, so it is prescribed to patients with arrhythmia and arterial hypertension at the initial stage.
Which is better: motherwort in pills or tincture in a bottle?
The form of tablets is more convenient for the use, than spirit tincture. Do not have to dilute the drug and calculate the dosage. Since the tincture contains alcohol, the drug has contraindications.
The advantages of this form of the drug can be attributed to only one contraindication - hypersensitivity to motherwort. Acceptance of motherwort can be single and multiple during the course of treatment.
How many motherwort tablets need to be taken?
As a rule, 1-2 tablets are enough to relieve nervous tension before an exciting event. The action of the drug begins within an hour, which should be considered when taking.
Suffering from insomnia is recommended to undergo a treatment of motherwort for a month. To do this, take motherwort 1 tablet an hour before bedtime and drink plenty of water.
With increased irritability it is recommended to use motherwort 3-4 times a day, 1 tablet. Better one hour before meals or 30 minutes after. The effective result will appear in a month. Its further use depends on the evidence.
Taking a motherwort, you should be careful when driving a car, as the concentration of attention decreases, there may be difficulties in making quick decisions.
Be sure to use the drug for confidence actions need to consult with your doctor.
What is motherwort for adults?
Motherwort has a beneficial effect on the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Motherwort has a useful chemical composition, which includes essential oil, bitterness, alkaloids, flavonoids, carbohydrates, glycosides, beta-carotene, ascorbic and paracumaric acids, as well as minerals.
Motherwort drugs have a wide therapeutic effect:
- pain reliever
What helps motherwort to adults
In pharmacies, motherwort is sold in the form of tincture, tablets and dried herbs.s. Motherwort tincture is available in bottles of 25 and 30 ml, and tablets in blisters of 10 pieces. Medicines are stored for 2 to 4 years in a dry dark room.
Tinctures, pills and decoctions of motherwort help with the following diseases:
- constant fatigue, insomnia, irritability and anxiety,
- cardiovascular diseases,
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- bronchial asthma, bronchitis, flu and ARVI,
- inflammation of the prostate gland, cystitis,
- uterine bleeding, painful menstruation.
Motherwort soothes the nervous system, cleanses the blood, stimulates blood flow and removes spasms of cerebral vessels. Drugs based on it normalize the appetite, improve digestion, reduce the temperature and relieve cough for colds, improve hormones and relieve pain during menstruation.
Diluted tincture of motherwort treats wounds, acne and pimples, make compresses and rubbing with neuralgic pains and diseases of the joints. Decoction of the plant is added to the healing baths, prepared in masks for the face and hair.
How many drops of motherwort should be taken by an adult
Most often motherwort is taken in the form of tincture. Most often, the question of how many drops of motherwort should be taken by an adult to calm down is given to people who complain of irritability, fatigue, heart palpitations and frequent headaches. Also interested in tincture of motherwort dosage for adults with insomnia and nervous sleep.
The exact amount, how many drops of motherwort should be taken by an adult to sleep or calm the nervous system, only a doctor will say. He will assess your age, the nature and duration of the symptoms, the individual characteristics of the body, and assign the safest dosage of Leonurus in drops to adults.
Approximate dosage is 30−50 drops of tincture.
Conditions of receiving motherwort tincture - how to take adults:
- Dilute the tincture in 50 ml of boiled water (¼ cup).
- Take 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals 3 times a day.
- To fall asleep, drink the medicine for 30−40 minutes before being sent to bed.
With regular intake of motherwort tincture, the nervous system calms down and the heart rhythm is normalized.. At the same time you maintain clarity of mind and concentration. This effect occurs after 1.5−2 weeks of drug use. The course of treatment lasts from 2 to 4 weeks, after which you need to take a break.
How to take adult motherwort in pills
The rules for taking motherwort in pills - how to take, before meals or after, how much, differ little from the conditions for receiving the alcohol tincture of the plant.
How to take motherwort forte pills:
- Begin treatment only after consulting a doctor.
- Drink 1 tablet with plenty of water.
- The regimen is 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals.
- Take the medicine at regular intervals.
- Do not exceed the maximum daily dose of 4 tablets.
- The course of treatment takes 2−4 weeks.
How to make a motherwort bath for an adult
An effective remedy for fatigue and sleep problems is the motherwort bath for an adult. This short-term procedure is indicated for hypertensive patients, women in menopause, and people who are concerned about disturbances in heart rhythm and migraine.
In order for the bath to have the necessary effect, before making motherwort to soothe the adult and add it to the water, study several recommendations:
- take a soothing bath before bed,
- the last meal should be 2–3 hours before the procedure,
- you can not take a bath after intense physical exertion,
- take a shower before the procedure.
Cook fresh broth for 1 hour before taking a bath.
- Motherwort grass - 50 g.
- Water (boiling water) - 1 l.
How to cook: Put the grass in the pan and fill with boiling water. Put on low heat and boil for 10 minutes, then remove from heat, cover and leave for 20 minutes. Strain the broth through a strainer or two layers of cheesecloth.
How to use: Type in the bath water temperature of 37−38 ° C and add herbal decoction. Lie for 15 minutes. Then blot the skin with a towel and lie down for half an hour.
Result: Warm water and motherwort vapors will relieve nervous tension, fatigue and irritability, relax muscles, normalize heartbeat and calm the central nervous system. You will quickly fall asleep after the first procedure.
When an adult should not take motherwort
Before you take motherwort tincture to calm an adult or treat insomnia, check whether you have any contraindications:
- individual intolerance,
- stomach ulcer,
- hypofunction of the thyroid gland,
- erosive gastritis,
If you have not asked the doctor how many drops of motherwort should be taken by an adult, you may experience side effects due to an overdose. It is a heaviness in the stomach, nausea, belching, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, dry mouth, dizziness, lethargy, drowsiness, thirst, loss of strength, confusion, aching joints, swelling, hives or itching. In any of these cases, immediately stop taking the drug and consult your doctor for advice.
What do you know about this nondescript weed? “Usually they drink it to calm down,” you will say. Yes, indeed, the treatment of the nervous system is its main task, but not the only one. Today we will look at how people drink motherwort tincture and what tasks it solves.
Motherwort is a perennial, unpretentious plant that grows in meadows, streets and parks. In height can reach one meter. For the preparation of medicinal infusion using dry tops. The tool has a bitter taste, characterized by a brown color. Let's take a closer look at what is included in it, as well as drinking motherwort tincture.
What is the main difficulty in prescribing herbs? In that it is very difficult to correctly calculate the concentration of nutrients, and hence the medicinal dose. Even on the conditions in which the plant was collected, the final result depends. Since the motherwort tincture is often drunk by older people, an overdose of the active substance can be very noticeable for them.
Of course, to simplify, you can buy motherwort in pills. It seems like here everything should be accurate. But, having unwrapped the package, we see that it is not a drug, but a dietary supplement.
That is, the composition and the most important thing - the amount of the active substance - is not checked and controlled by anyone.
But the topic of dietary supplements leave the next time. Today we are interested in how they drink the motherwort tincture. And back to its contents. It includes:
- Essential oils.
- Alkaloids glycosides.
- Vitamins A and E.
- Knitting and sugary substances.
Impact on the body
Such a composition has a good effect on the central and peripheral nervous system. It soothes, relieves stress and well helps with insomnia. Therefore, not only folk, but also official medicine recognized the possibility of its use in a number of diseases. Immediately make a reservation, you should consult a doctor before use, because in some cases the tincture can act only as an aid. Motherwort showed high efficiency when:
- various forms of neurosis,
- hypertonic dystonia,
- complex treatment of neurasthenia,
- mild form of sleep disturbance. If you can not sleep for a long time - this is a great option,
- increased irritability. Helps to keep yourself in hand,
- propensity for increased emotional excitability, it is an excellent tool at hand,
- high blood pressure. A simple tincture of herbs helps not worse than expensive drugs.
If someone of your loved ones decided to stop drinking or smoking, then motherwort tincture will help smooth out the withdrawal syndrome. How to take the composition, let's talk in more detail.
Opinion of doctors
Summarizing all the above, it can be noted that the plant has sedative, hypotensive, antispasmodic, anticonvulsant, tonic properties. Cardiologists often recommend their patients to drink motherwort courses. Useful substances that are contained in its composition, can reduce high pressure. The tonic properties facilitate the flow of cardiovascular diseases, and flavonoids strengthen the vascular walls. In some cases, the drug helps with the removal of cramps.
Instructions for use
Before using the composition, be sure to consult a doctor. Only he will say for sure whether you can drink motherwort tincture in case of your illness. After all, it is made on the basis of alcohol, therefore it is necessary to take it strictly according to the advice of the attending specialist.
- It is necessary to begin reception with 10 drops. If you do not follow the deterioration or allergic reactions, you can increase the dosage.
- Often, even motherwort tincture is prescribed even for pregnant women. How many drops should expectant mothers drink so as not to harm the unborn baby? Usually there must be grounds for this. And even in this case, it is not recommended to exceed the dose of 20 drops twice a day, diluted in water.
- Children over 12 years old can take 20 drops, once or twice a day.
- Neurosis and the initial stage of hypertension are treated as follows. In a glass of water diluted 50 drops. You need to drink 2-3 times a day, during the month.
The duration of treatment is calculated strictly individually. Therefore, how much to drink tincture of motherwort, only the attending doctor will tell. This can be a one-time reception (for example, in the case of insomnia), and a long course, designed for several months.
To enhance the effects of motherwort on the body, use several types of herbs. Most often, this tincture of motherwort and valerian. How to drink such a duet? Let's figure it out. Above, we have already considered the properties of motherwort, now let's talk about the second component. Valerian inhibits the nervous system. Because of this, the person feels a reduction in tension, which is comparable to the use of alcohol. Also, when it is used, the rhythm of heart contractions slows down and blood vessels dilate. In parallel, the muscular tissue of the urinary and digestive system relaxes. With prolonged use, a decrease in blood pressure is observed. Drinking valerian with motherwort is recommended as follows: in one bottle mix alcoholic infusions in equal proportions, take the resulting composition of 10-15 drops, three times a day.
When motherwort is used together with valerian - the effect of one compound is enhanced by the second. If you have low blood pressure, it is best not to use them together to relieve tension or treat insomnia. One by one they are also able to help.
The useful tincture of motherwort
Alcoholic infusion of motherwort - amazing in its healing properties means useful for a number of diseases: with vegetative dystonia, neuralgia, tachycardia, insomnia, increased irritability, anxiety. The use of motherwort tincture also helps women relieve pain during menstruation and even restore a strayed menstrual cycle.
Very valuable from a medical point of view are heartwort and five-blade motherwort, with a slight sedative effect. They are common in Europe and Asia (grow in the fields and in other open areas), but almost all over the world it is known what the motherwort tincture is useful for. The low price of this medicine makes it very affordable and popular.
Motherwort tincture - instructions for use
One of the advantages of infusion is that it is not addictive, has very few contraindications and side effects. Many people, especially women, should not carry a bottle of tincture. Exhaustion, frustration, stress await us at every step, add to this the "magnetic storms", changes in the weather, toxins - and good, and a natural sedative becomes the subject of first necessity.
Motherwort tincture - instructions for use:
buy only natural extract, containing nothing but the active ingredient and alcohol,
With chronic diseases, take an infusion course, with symptoms - you can limit your application to one-time,
be careful with taking the drops if your activity requires high concentration of attention or if you are driving.
Motherwort tincture - indications
Why and why motherwort people drink both young and old? Here are the main indications:
The principle of action of motherwort is as follows: it lowers blood pressure (helps with hypertension) and the frequency of heart rhythms, increasing the strength of heart contractions expands blood vessels. How to drink motherwort tincture correctly? There are no special rules, the main thing is not to do it on an empty stomach and not to exceed the dose acceptable for its age. It is better to drink the infusion with tea or water, however, according to reviews, even juice or soda is permissible.
Motherwort Tincture - Composition
By standards, the composition of tincture of motherwort includes only grass and ethyl alcohol in a ratio of 1: 5 - this is how drops are made in most pharmaceutical companies. There should be no other ingredients in a quality drug. If you are confused by the presence of alcohol in the composition of the medication (for example, you want to give it to a child), you can prepare the tincture yourself using boiling water.
How to take motherwort in drops
If you know how to take motherwort tincture, then it will bring you only benefit and will have all the actions stated in the instructions. Although many people drink this medicine as they experience stress, a course of treatment with this drug is recommended (at least 25-30 days). Regardless of the presence of anxiety and excitement, take 30-40 drops of tincture before meals (3 times a day) and once before bedtime.
There are situations when even one milligram of alcohol is dangerous for a person, and treatment is still necessary. Combining different herbs, you can make yourself a soothing tea: St. John's wort, motherwort, chamomile and peppermint - all these herbs can be bought at the pharmacy in dried form.The effect of this tea will be lighter than that of alcohol infusion, and the optimal dose is ½ cup.
Motherwort - side effects
The most pronounced side effects of motherwort - drowsiness, thirst, nausea, belching or heartburn. If you have these symptoms, it means that you are mistaken with the dosage, or the drug does not suit you and you should try the treatment by other means: tincture of peony or valerian, or alcohol-free tinctures. Such side effects do not have serious consequences - for their elimination it is necessary to drink plenty of liquids.
Motherwort Tincture - Contraindications
For all its undeniable benefits, the above alcoholic infusion is not suitable for everyone - there is a certain percentage of people to whom it is contraindicated.
Motherwort Tincture - Contraindications:
individual intolerance to the components of the drug,
reduced heart rate,
hypotension (low blood pressure),
pregnancy and lactation,
age up to 12 years.
Drops can not be used during pregnancy, as they can cause uterine contractions, leading to premature birth. Due to the alcohol content, up to 18 years old, you can use this infusion only under the supervision of a physician. In other cases (for adults), the drug is not contraindicated under conditions of proper dosage.
Motherwort overdose in drops
The optimal dosage of the drug - 30-40 drops 4 times a day, as evidenced by reviews, but it happens that unknowingly a person drinks more medicine than is required. Consequences of motherwort overdose in drops - an allergic reaction, intense thirst, nausea or vomiting, which pass after taking a large amount of water. If drinking does not help, be sure to consult a doctor.
Price of motherwort tincture
Another indisputable plus of herbal infusion is its low price. The market value of this medicine is from 20 to 65 rubles, and practically everyone can afford it. There is no huge difference between how much valerian costs in drops (19 - 37 rubles) and peony (about 30 rubles). These drugs are sold in any pharmacy without a prescription at low prices, but for your convenience, you can order or buy it in the online store by finding it in the Tinctures and Extracts catalog.
Video: how to drink motherwort in drops
Spirit infusion of motherwort - a great alternative to pills that I do not like and try to use at a minimum. There is no “chemistry” and maximum benefit in it, and the price is available even to a pensioner. Drops accept not only me, but also my adult children. I wash down 30-40 drops with a glass of water and after 5 minutes I feel better, calmer.
I literally cured insomnia with this drug. I had a period in my life when I experienced a lot, but after the course of treatment I became much easier. Motherwort helped me a lot, it's a great way to relieve stress. Now I sleep a baby sleep! Due to the alcohol content he has a harsh taste, but it is quite tolerable.
I tried as a sedative a variety of means: from Novopassita, to drugs prescribed by a neurologist. As a result, drops of motherwort turned out to be the best medicine for nerves in terms of the “price - effect” parameters. And I did not experience any side effects at all!
Motherwort extract tablets: instructions for use, contraindications. "Motherwort Forte (Evalar)" tablets
Instructions for use of motherwort extract in pills - just a fact-finding information, not a recommendation for treatment. Motherwort is a sedative of drugs, so it can have pronounced side effects, has a number of contraindications and age restrictions. Before starting treatment, a medical consultation is recommended.
Motherwort is a sedative known in folk and traditional medicine. As a pharmacological raw material, two closely related motherwort species are used - five-lobed and hearty. Herb is used to obtain a dry extract from which tablets and capsules are made. Read more about other dosage forms and the use of motherwort herb in our other article.
Features of motherwort in tablets
The instructions for use of motherwort extract tablets indicate that the sedative effect occurs slowly, like valerian. The substance should accumulate in the body and begins to act in the second or third week of admission.
The tablets contain dry extract of motherwort five-lobed and cardiac (14 mg per tablet) and excipients (cellulose, sucrose, starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, calcium stearate, monohydrate and others). The tablets are packaged in blisters of 10 pieces.
Motherwort, five-lobed and cardiac, are listed in the State Pharmacopoeia of Russia and belong to the group of sedative and hypnotic drugs of plant origin. In addition, the herb has a number of other healing properties:
- pain reliever
Indications for use
- Functional disorders of the central nervous system. The drug is indicated for increased nervous excitability, insomnia, anxiety, anxiety, panic attacks. It is used in the treatment of epilepsy, paralysis, convulsions of various origins. The instructions for motherwort tablets indicate that the grass helps to quickly fall asleep and relax the nervous system, but it helps with milder forms of sleep disturbance, in the initial stages of neurosis. For example, neurotic states, turning into manic-depressive psychosis, require a serious integrated approach to treatment and observation by a psychiatrist and work with a psychotherapist.
- Hypertension. The herb helps in the initial stage of hypertension, normalizes hypertension and heart rate, relieves spasms and headaches.
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Tablets are prescribed for various heart diseases - tachycardias, angina pectoris, cardioneuroses, shortness of breath and swelling in heart failure, myocarditis. More and more, motherwort is prescribed for vegetative dystonia (VVD), when diseases of the nervous system, heart and blood vessels are of a psychosomatic nature. Grass stimulates blood circulation, relieves spasms of cerebral vessels, helps with atherosclerosis.
In addition to the main indications, which are mentioned in the leaflet, there are other purposes. The doctor may recommend this drug for such symptoms and diseases:
- digestive disorders
- cramps, stomach and intestinal colic,
- diseases of the genitourinary system
- swelling in renal and heart failure,
- metabolic disorders
Dosage and method of administration
How to take motherwort extract in pills? It is important to remember that sedatives and hypnotic drugs are taken only by prescription. Only a specialist can assess the clinical condition of the patient, determine the severity of the disease, the severity of symptoms.
- Dosage. The maximum daily dose of the drug - 56 mg, that is, 4 tablets. It is advisable to take them at regular intervals in order to maintain a sedative effect. Do not recommend taking double doses to achieve a rapid therapeutic effect. This can lead to overdose and intoxication.
- A course of treatment. To achieve a therapeutic effect and its fixation, the grass is drunk with a long course. It can take from 2 to 4 weeks. A second course after a break in treatment may be prescribed at the discretion of the physician.
- Reception conditions The drug is recommended to take 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after. The pill is swallowed whole, washed down with enough water.
You can drink motherwort extract with other soothing and heart drugs. But it should be remembered that the grass can enhance their effect. Also, the drug potentiates the effects on the body of analgesics and antihypertensive drugs. Do not recommend taking motherwort with alcohol, because the grass enhances its action.
Side effects can occur with individual intolerance to the herb, overdose, long course of treatment, the combination of tablets with alcohol or other drugs. How are side effects manifested?
- Disorders of the digestive system. Nausea, belching, vomiting, heartburn, heaviness in the stomach, diarrhea.
- Allergic manifestations. Redness of the skin, urticaria, itching, swelling.
- Disorders of the nervous system. Great drowsiness, lethargy, decreased intellectual and physical disability, dizziness, confusion.
For all the above symptoms, you should stop taking the medication and seek medical help.
Sedative, hypnotic effect of the drug may affect the speed of psychomotor reactions. Therefore, it is not recommended to take pills when driving motor vehicles, working with mechanisms, in any kinds of activities that require quick reactions.
Storage conditions and shelf life
The drug should be stored in a dry, dark place at room temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Tablets should be kept out of the reach of children. Shelf life - 24 months. After the expiration date, the application is not permissible.
What are the contraindications of motherwort pills? Hypotension, bradycardia (slow heartbeat), individual intolerance to grass extract and other excipients, varicose veins, acute forms of gastric ulcers and erosive gastritis. Also in the official instructions it is forbidden to take pills during pregnancy and during feeding, children under 12 years old.
How is the drug used in adults and children? What drugs of motherwort today can be purchased at the pharmacy?
A variety of drugs on the basis of motherwort
Motherwort is a valuable pharmacological raw material. Based on the dry extract of the herb, tablets are made with the same spectrum of action, but different in price, packaging, with different commercial names.
Today motherwort can be bought not only in a pharmacy, but also in phyto-drugstores, online stores of herbal preparations that offer dietary supplements (dietary supplements). It is important to know that taking motherwort supplements is not recommended without consulting a doctor.
It is also necessary to pay attention to the certification of pharmaceutical products. Reviews of these drugs are often positive, but you should not rely on them and self-medicate.
Read more about Motherwort Forte
Motherwort Forte in tablets (capsules) differs from other drugs in that it contains magnesium and vitamin B6. They enhance the effect of motherwort. The drug belongs to food additives, valued high in glycosides.
These substances have a sedative, diuretic, bactericidal properties, hormonal activity, a beneficial effect on cardiac activity. "Motherwort Forte (Evalar)" is prescribed as a sedative, hypnotic for functional disorders of the nervous system.
Also, the drug has cardiotonic, diuretic, anticonvulsant properties. The instructions for use of "Pustyrnika Forte" in the tablets indicate the average dosage for adults: 1-2 tablets 2 times a day (with meals!).
The course of treatment and dosage prescribed by the doctor, based on the individual characteristics of the body, the clinical picture.
Use in men, women, children
- What is motherwort useful for men. Tablets are prescribed for all the above diagnoses and symptoms, regardless of gender. The drug helps with prostate diseases, inflammation of the urogenital area. The tablets are drunk for a long time under the supervision of a physician. It is important to remember about the influence of motherwort on psychomotor reactions and not to drink pills while driving a car, a professional activity that requires concentration.
- What is motherwort useful for women. The herb is especially useful in severe premenstrual syndrome (PMS) in the premenopausal period. The drug restores hormones, normalizes metabolism and thyroid function, calms the nervous system, relieves bouts of fear, anxiety, irritability, panic attack. Also, the drug may be prescribed as a hemostatic agent in case of uterine bleeding, but more often with this symptom, water and alcohol infusion of motherwort is used. The decision to use motherwort tablets during pregnancy and lactation is taken by the doctor. Read more about the various dosage forms of motherwort during pregnancy in our other article.
- Benefit for children. Prohibited self-use of the drug in children of any age. Only a doctor after diagnosis and internal examination can assess the condition of the child, calculate the correct dosage and course of treatment. How to drink motherwort in pills for children? This dosage form is strictly contraindicated for babies up to 3 years. The child should be able to safely swallow the pills and drink them with water. But even in 3 years, not all children are able to do it. Therefore, until this age, prescribed water infusions and teas on the basis of motherwort. Tablets are most often prescribed to children of primary school age and adolescents. The main indications for use are: restless sleep, agitation of the nervous system, outbreaks of aggression, irritability, signs of hyperactivity.
The drug is equally useful for men, women and children.
The grass increases stress resistance, relaxes muscles and nervous system well, relieves emotional tension. It is only important to correctly calculate the age dosage. After all, motherwort, like all sedatives, with an overdose gives marked side effects. But with a small dose of its therapeutic effect will be quite low.
Motherwort tablets are indicated for neurosis, insomnia, physical and mental fatigue, heart and vascular diseases, and the initial stage of hypertension. In the treatment of the drug prescribed for digestive disorders, urination, problems with metabolism. This is the first sedative for women with PMS and in the premenopausal period.
Motherwort in tablets - instructions for use, side effects and composition
One of the most well-known sedatives is Motherwort in tablets - the instructions for use for it have been specially developed in order to familiarize the patient with the main points of therapy, such as dosage and frequency of medication. Previously, the tool was produced in a different form (drops or tincture), however, a more modern form added practicality to motherwort and made it safer for patients. You can get this sedative drug at any pharmacy without a prescription.
Motherwort tablets have a calming effect on the human body. Our ancestors used grass to make tinctures or medicinal decoctions that help with nervous excitability. Until recently, modern pharmacological companies have released the drug only in the form of drops or alcohol-based tinctures.
However, these products are not very convenient for regular use, and the presence of alcohol in the composition may be harmful to health. For this reason, a new medicinal herb-based drug release format has been created, sedative pills are in great demand around the world. They are shown in stressful situations, patients with low blood pressure or sleep disorders.
The soothing substance contains dry extract of the grasswort herb and other additional ingredients.
In one tablet is fourteen milligrams of the active ingredient of the drug, the other components are cellulose, monohydrate, sucrose, calcium stearate, starch, etc. Each blister has ten tablets.
Motherwort extract tablets can be ordered or inexpensively purchased from an online store at an affordable price. The cost of the drug is not high - about fifty rubles per pack.
Motherwort + Hawthorn
Hawthorn tincture has amazing properties, produces a relaxing effect on the blood vessels, which reduces blood pressure. In addition, the excitability of the heart muscle is reduced, which helps prevent tachycardia and strengthen the contractions of the heart.
The method of application is also quite simple. In a dark bottle you will need to mix a bottle of spirit tincture of motherwort and hawthorn. Shake well - the tool is ready. You can use it as follows:
- When insomnia is recommended to dissolve a teaspoon in half a glass of water. Accepted before a meal, in an hour.
- If you have heart problems in the morning and evening, 30 drops each.
- With neurosis, three times a day, 15 drops.
- With increasing pressure and stress - 30 drops at a time.
How much can you drink motherwort tincture? A popular question that is easy to answer. Any of the variations of medicinal tincture with motherwort is taken by courses for 30 days. After the break, you can repeat.
Motherwort + Peony
Еще один удивительный дуэт, который может очень пригодиться, особенно если жизнь насыщена стрессами. Пион обладает уникальными свойствами возвращать хорошее настроение. Therefore, if you now have a difficult life stage, accompanied by stress and feelings, and the mood is close to depression, then motherwort tincture with peony tincture will be an excellent choice. How to drink this composition? There is a general recommendation - 15 drops of both and one glass of water. Drink two or three times a day.
If a combination of herbs makes it possible to enhance their effectiveness, then why not go further? Take the tincture of valerian, motherwort, hawthorn. How to drink this combination remedy? It should start with a minimum amount, that is, 3 drops of each species. And even easier to immediately mix them in one bottle. Within 4 weeks, this tool can be taken, gradually increasing the dosage, up to a teaspoon of the composition.
This drug collection has the following effects:
- Improves heart function.
- Reduces nervous excitability and anxiety.
- Improves sleep, especially at the stage of falling asleep.
- Relieves headaches and migraines.
- Gives great relax with psychological fatigue.
Motherwort + Corvalol
Quite often used and this combination of medicinal infusions. But even more effective is the use of Corvalol in combination with valerian, motherwort and hawthorn.
- Valerian tincture has a sedative effect, prevents the increase in blood pressure.
- Motherwort tincture has a soothing effect that enhances the effect of valerian.
- Hawthorn tincture produces a relaxing effect on the vessels.
- Corvalol helps to normalize sleep, improve blood flow to the heart and reduce the risk of heart attack.
It is necessary to mix in equal proportions all four tinctures, after which take a mixture of 20 drops twice a day. You can start with 10 drops, gradually increasing the dosage. The course of treatment is 20-30 days, after which you need to take a break.
Since drinking motherwort tincture for sedation can be taken one-time or in courses, the severity of its action may vary. However, this phenomenon is also individual, so you just have to watch the reaction of your body. The most prominent symptoms of an overdose are drowsiness and thirst, nausea and belching, severe heartburn.
If you feel the listed symptoms, it is recommended to reconsider the dosage. Most likely, it is too big for you. Or this tool simply does not suit you. If it was a complex of two or more tinctures, then try alone motherwort, peony or hawthorn. Most likely, in one of them you will find your means. It should be noted that the symptoms of overdose do not require correction and go away on their own, and to speed up this process it is necessary to drink more water.
All pharmaceutical tinctures are made with alcohol. It provides long storage. But expectant mothers, small children and people who can not drink alcohol, you can prepare a water tincture at home. Of course, it will take a little more time, but there will be no harm to health.
You will need 45 grams of raw materials. This can be pure motherwort or its mixture with any medicinal herbs. Fill the grass with a glass of boiling water and let stand for a couple of hours. After this, strain and squeeze. You can drink the infusion no more than five times a day, 30 minutes before meals.
Mechanism of action
Sedative preparation can be recommended to adults and children, as it is an absolutely safe means for the human body. Healing herbs can enhance the effects of other sedatives, so only the attending physician should prescribe complex therapy. This remedy, in addition to the calming effect, has many beneficial properties. These include:
- pain reliever
The duration of treatment depends on the nature of the disease and the degree of symptoms. Motherwort forte tablets helps to relieve not only nervous tension, but also muscle spasms. Drinking a sedative is necessary three times a day for a month, before you start taking it is recommended to consult with your healthcare professional.
In addition to the well-known indications for the use of sedatives in adults and children, you should familiarize yourself with some additional ailments, the presence of which may be the reason for starting therapy with the participation of this drug. For example, disorders in the central nervous system that cause panic attacks, anxiety or anxiety attacks in a patient will be related to prescriptions for the use of a sedative.
The medicinal substance may help in the initial stage of hypertension, with problems with digestion, metabolism or stomach.
Motherwort tablets feature a universal healing effect on the human body.
In addition, during the course of therapy, most patients, whether women or men, have no negative reactions to the drug. Sleeping medicine is also indicated for:
- prolonged depressive states
- heart failure
- vascular disease.
During pregnancy and lactation it is forbidden to use sedatives because of the likelihood of adverse reactions.
According to official instructions, children under twelve years of age are not recommended to prescribe sedatives.
In addition to congenital hypersensitivity, the use of sedatives for health reasons is contraindicated in some patients. These include people with diseases such as:
- erosive gastritis,
- stomach ulcer.
Specialists allow the simultaneous use of several sedatives, but it should be remembered that they will enhance the therapeutic effects of each other. It is important not to overdo it with a dose, otherwise there is a risk of overdose.
In the course of complex treatment with analgesics, the agent will potentiate the effect of the last substance taken, therefore, without a medical prescription, it is not recommended to resort to this method of therapy.
For the same reason it is prohibited to use tablets with alcoholic beverages.
Pharmacological companies offer a variety of sedatives, ranging from dietary supplements based on the grass of motherwort (BAA) and ending with products with the same composition.
The most famous prototypes are substances such as Valemidin and Valerian. These are effective tinctures made with the help of medicinal plants.
Other sedatives from pharmacy catalogs are actively used as substitutes, for example:
The information presented in the article is for informational purposes only. Article materials do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can diagnose and advise on treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
Motherwort - medicinal properties and contraindications, use in tablets, tincture, decoction and tea
In folk medicine, motherwort herb is very much appreciated - it is important to study the healing properties and contraindications of tea, tincture and decoction from it in order to exclude possible side effects and harm to health.
The name of this plant is associated with the place of its growth and inconspicuous appearance. For a lot of healing properties, it is recognized as official medicine, where it is considered a "heart doctor."
The use of motherwort for specific diseases is carried out according to different recipes.
What is motherwort?
This is a perennial plant of the family Cluster, with a tetrahedral branched stem and petiole. In height can grow up to 100 cm.
The Latin name for the herb Leonurus quinquelobatus translates as Motherwort five-lobed. This indicates the characteristic structure of the leaves of the plant, which are dissected into 5 blades.
Its flowering is not too thick, it falls on the period from June to October.
This plant has several other names, such as deaf, wild or canine nettle, heart grass and core. In medicine, it is valued for a small list of individual contraindications and its healing properties due to a large number of useful substances. The composition of the plant includes:
- essential oils,
- vitamins A and C,
- organic acids
The healing properties of heart herbs are diverse, so it is used in various fields of medicine, but subject to the absence of contraindications. The most significant actions are:
- hypotensive effect - normalizing blood pressure,
- cardiotonic action - restores the heartbeat in heart diseases, stimulates contractions of the heart,
- vasodilator and spasmolytic - relieving spasms of cerebral vessels,
- sedative - eliminating the nervous breakdown, improving overall health and sleep,
- anticonvulsant - eliminating uncontrolled paroxysmal contractions of muscles,
- hemostatic effect,
- diuretic effect.
The healing properties of the core also include the improvement of metabolism: carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. In addition, it has fewer contraindications and side effects compared with valerian. When applied topically, it is used to treat wounds and burns. The core is beneficial for almost every system of the body:
- Central nervous system. Heart herb is part of sedative medications. It is used in the treatment of neurosis, insomnia, hysteria. It is effective in case of bouts of fear and panic. Often used grass in the treatment of seizures, epilepsy and paralysis.
- Urinary system. The core helps with edema due to renal or heart failure and cystitis.
- The cardiovascular system. The plant is useful at elevated pressure. In addition, it normalizes heart rhythm.
- Digestive. The core contains alkaloids that help with gastrointestinal disorders, cramps, pain and bloating.
- Respiratory. The herb has anti-inflammatory effect, promotes expectoration, which helps with acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, pneumonia.
Heart grass helps men in the prevention of cardiosclerosis, high blood pressure and myocarditis. It has a positive effect in case of impairment of potency, which resulted from psycho-emotional overstrain. The plant also has a positive effect in the following diseases:
- stagnation in the pelvis,
- nervous system disorders, increased excitability.
Motherwort is prescribed to women during menopause. The herb helps relieve irritability, has a tonic and restorative effect without affecting the hormonal background of the body. For young girls, the plant is useful in helping to strengthen the muscles of the uterus, relieves pain during childbirth and normalizes the menstrual cycle. In addition, it reduces uterine bleeding.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Motherwort is a herbaceous perennial plant, botanically assigned to the family Sponge or Clearwood. The generic scientific name of this plant, translated from Latin, sounds like "lion's tail", due to the remote similarity of the apical leaves with the tassel of the lion's tail. Other common names are - dog nettle (grass), core, deaf nettle, heart grass. From the very names it becomes clear what the motherwort helps and under what diseases its healing properties will be useful.
Photo plant Motherwort
Motherwort Herb, medicinal properties and contraindications
According to Wikipedia in medical practice and folk recipes for the preparation of motherwort tincture, the benefits and harms of which will be discussed below, use two types of this medicinal herb, namely: Motherwort pyatilopastny (shaggy) and Motherwort Heart (ordinary), since the effects of other plant species are not well understood. The infusion is prepared from the dried upper parts of the plant, including flowers and leaves, the extractant for which can serve ethanol (ethanol), more suitable for adult patients, or water (boiling water), which is the preferred base solution for children.
Medicinal properties and contraindications for tincture of motherwort are dictated by the properties of herbal ingredients included in the harvested raw materials. Motherwort dry grass includes alkaloids (stahidrin, leonuridin, choline, leonurin), beta carotene, flavonoids (quercetin, rutin, quinqulososide, cosmosiin, quercimeritrin, hyperoside, etc.), leonurid, saponins, mineral salts (sulfur, potassium, sodium, calcium), about 5% tannins, vitamins (A, C, E), up to 0.05% essential oil, sugary and bitter ingredients, organic acids (citric, vanillin, malic, ursolic, tartar), due to which effects similar to the nature of sedatives are manifested valerian.
Photo grass motherwort
For motherwort characterized by its positive impact on the functionality of the central nervous system, soothing effects, sleep potentiation (no hypnotic effect), reducing high nervous excitabilityantagonism against analeptics and their convulsive action. The effectiveness of this therapeutic agent is observed with neurasthenia, psychoasthenia and neurosisflowing against insomniasensation of overvoltage and increased reactivity. The drug is able to correct functional disorders of the nervous system occurring during pre-climax and menopause.
Motherwort is also effective against pressure (lowers pressure or increases blood circulation, heart rate and slows heart rate), is used for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular pathologies (angina pectorismyocarditis cardiosclerosis, heartbeat, etc.), used in the IRR (vegetative dystonia) to regulate heart rhythm.
The use of motherwort herb is helpful in treating gastrointestinal ulcers, painful menstruation, epilepsydyspeptic phenomena thrombosis, bronchial asthma, grave disease, shortness of breath, uterine bleeding, paralysis, neuralgia, cough and other painful conditions in which its positive healing properties are manifested. The drug has a tonic, diuretic, antispastic and anti-inflammatory action. AT homeopathy used in case of patient complaints flatulence, disorders of cardiac function and hyperthyroidism.
However, when using this herbal preparation, it is necessary to take into account not only the beneficial properties, but also contraindications of motherwort, because often the benefits and harms of motherwort grass depend on the dosage of the remedy, the appropriateness of its use and the correctness of use. For example, motherwort in any form is contraindicated pregnant women due to increased threat miscarriageprovoked by stimulation of the uterine contractile function, hypotensive because of lowering drug blood pressure, women with profuse, long periodsdue to the possibility of their gain. Alcohol tincture should not be taken by people suffering alcoholism, and the aqueous solution and other preparations of motherwort - allergy sufferers.
Motherwort tincture, instructions for use
It should be remembered that independently assign yourself any sedative medicationsto which the grasswort grass belongs, does not follow. Before taking Pustyrnika tincture, you should consult with your doctor, who, after conducting all the necessary studies and the appropriateness of using this tincture, will recommend how to take it in drops and how many drops you need to take an adult patient or child. Also, if a patient is diagnosed with disease states associated with emotional excitementThe doctor may advise how to drink it to calm.
Motherwort Drops are shown exclusively for oral administration, which is best done about 30 minutes before a meal. Patients of the adult age category (after 18 years) are recommended 3-4 times per 24 hours to take 30-50 drops of infusion. For children who have reached the age of 12 years, the dosage is calculated based on the ratio of 1 drop of alcohol solution for 1 year of life. Allowed to receive tincture, both in pure form and in dilution with water (¼ cup).
The duration of the therapeutic course is determined by the physician on an individual basis, taking into account the degree and nature of the severity of the disease state, the particularities of the pathological process, the patient’s personal response to the treatment and therapeutic efficacy.
The medicinal properties of motherwort are used in the manufacture of the following drugs, which at different prices can be bought at a pharmacy in Moscow, St. Petersburg and other cities:
- Liquid extract in the form of tablets, for example, Motherwort Forte. It refers to diuretics. It helps to reduce overexcitation, reduces the number of heartbeats, eliminates shortness of breath in the treatment of hypertension. The price is about 50-100 rubles.
- The infusion of motherwort.It is used to treat astheno-neurotic and neurotic dysfunction with sleep disorders, neuroses, and in the initial stage of hypertension. Price ranges from 10 to 30 p.
- Grass. It is a dry raw material, indications for the use of which are the same cases as for motherwort tincture. The price is about 20-50 p.
In addition to the wonderful aroma, tea from this medicinal plant has a mass of healing properties. It has a positive effect on people with nervous load, dystonia, insomnia. Medical tea helps women with premenstrual syndrome. Taking the drug relieves headaches, helps fight symptoms such as irritability, increased anxiety, tearfulness.
How to brew
Tea can be easily prepared by yourself even at home. To do this, use the following simple instruction:
- Take 2 teaspoons of dry raw materials.
- Boil water and pour grass over one cup of boiling water.
- Cover container tightly, leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Then the lid can be removed, the drink must be drained through gauze or a fine sieve to get rid of the remnants of raw materials.
The average duration of treatment is approximately 30 days. It is not recommended to skip the use of tea, because only regular use will bring the proper effect. Per day you need to drink at least one cup.
This can be done entirely or in parts. It is recommended to drink half a cup in the morning, and the rest - in the evening. In this case, every 12 hours you will consume half the required rate.
It is better to drink tea itself warm, slowly, in small sips.
The beneficial effect of motherwort on the body is used in various folk recipes. On the basis of this herb, alcoholic and aqueous tinctures, decoctions, and teas are prepared. Use and juice of this plant.
No less effect is produced by various fitolabel with motherwort. The grass is applied even externally in the form of lotions, compresses or baths.
The main thing is to follow the recipe and pattern of use of each tool.
In case of aggravation of gastritis or stomach ulcers they drink decoction or tincture based on this plant. You can prepare and use them according to the following instructions:
- Glass boiling water steam 4 tbsp. dry raw materials. After half an hour of settling, strain the product with gauze. Drink before each meal for 1/3 cup.
- Dry leaves crush into powder, take 2 tbsp. and pour 200 ml of vodka over them, leave in a dark place for four days. Take half or a whole teaspoon up to 4 times throughout the day before each meal.
Motherwort for the heart is effective in the form of alcohol tinctures or decoctions. In this case, the following popular recipes are widely used:
- In equal quantities, mix spirit infusions of motherwort, valerian, peony and Corvalol. It is recommended to take 30 drops of tincture if necessary or every evening.
- Water at room temperature (400 ml) pour 2 teaspoons of dry grass. Leave the agent to infuse for 8 hours, then strain. Drink 50 ml for half an hour before the intended meal. Repeat throughout the day 4 times.
The plant stabilizes the coordinated work of the digestive organs in case of pancreatitis. To achieve a positive effect, you must use the following recipes:
- About 3 tbsp. raw materials placed in a glass dish. There also pour 220 ml of boiling water, cover the container with a towel. After 1-1.5 hours, strain the tool and cover with a lid. Drink 1 tbsp. 30-40 minutes before the meal. The course of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
- Mix 2 tbsp. peppermint, Hypericum and motherwort. Pour 700 ml of boiling water over the mixture, cover and leave for a couple of hours. Next, receive half a glass three times a day for 10 days.
One of the main medicinal properties of this plant is its ability to lower blood pressure. For this reason, its contraindication is hypotension. If the pressure, on the contrary, is increased, then the following recipes can be used:
- Mix a glass of alcohol or vodka with 50 g of dry raw material, hold the product for 2 weeks in a dark place. Drink 25 ml daily up to 4 times.
- Collect 30-40 g of hawthorn, motherwort, white mistletoe and marsh forage. Mixture pour liter of boiling water, pour into a thermos, where leave for 2 hours. Means strain, send to storage in the refrigerator. Drink a third of the glass up to 3 times during the day.
To improve the condition and get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of menopause, decoctions and tinctures based on heart herbs help. Prepare them according to the following instructions:
- Brew boiling water 2 tsp. shredded leaves of the plant. Insist about 15-20 minutes, strain. At high tides, use three times a day for the third part of a glass of broth.
- Mix dry leaves of blackberry, motherwort, hawthorn fruit, lemon balm in proportions 3: 2: 1: 1: 1. Take from the collection of only 1 tablespoon, which pour a glass of boiling water. An hour later, the tool can be drained. It is necessary to use it on 1/3 glasses daily up to 3 times. Regular intake should last at least 2 weeks.
To get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of menstruation help herbal. Good reviews are the following recipes:
- Take dry raw materials in such quantities: motherwort, fragrant woodruff - 20 g each, blackberry leaf - 25 g, dried ladybirth - 15 g, hawthorn - 10 g. funds for 250 ml of boiling water. The effect appears after 7-10 days of treatment.
- Take 2 tbsp. hawthorn flowers, chemist's chamomile, motherwort and marsh creeper. Pour them with 2 cups of boiling water, boil for a couple of minutes, then leave for 4 hours. Drink the third part of the glass daily 4 times after meals.
For the treatment of infertility is also used a combination of several plants. You can prepare herbal teas and take them according to the following instructions:
- Prepare the same number of field horsetail, immortelle, calendula flowers, chamomile, hypericum, yarrow, motherwort. From mixed herbs take only 10 tsp. Pour 500 ml boiling water over them, leave for 2 hours to infuse. Drink three times a day, 100 ml. Treatment should begin 2 months before the intended conception.
- Two cups of warm water pour 2 tsp. dried raw materials, let stand 8 hours, then strain. Drink half a glass three times a day before each meal.
The plant cannot fully cure the disease, but it is quite capable of reducing the frequency of epileptic seizures. The following folk recipes are used for this purpose:
- Collect the same number of the following herbs - motherwort, Danish astragalus, tubers are curled, Schizandra berries, horsetail ephedra, open lumbago. It is better to take 1 teaspoon of each plant. Mixture pour 300 ml boiling water, leave for 15-20 minutes. To use means in the morning and in the evening.
- Prepare 500 ml of boiling water, 2 tsp. grass Mix them, then infuse for about 2 hours. Drink before meals for 1-2 st.l. Repeat the procedure up to 4 times during the day.
Indications and contraindications for use
Motherwort tablets are prescribed by specialists for such diseases:
- vascular dystonia,
- sleep disturbances
- under stressful situations
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels, in particular, arrhythmia, arterial hypertension,
The drug has a sedative, anticonvulsant effects. It is not recommended to use means of motherwort in case of gastritis, peptic ulcer, bradycardia, as well as in cases of hypersensitivity to the components of this medication.
Is it possible to use motherwort-based drugs during pregnancy?
When carrying a fetus, many medicines are contraindicated for use because of the teratogenic effects on the baby. Manufacturers of motherwort in the form of tablets do not recommend its use during pregnancy. However, this is primarily due to the presence in the composition of auxiliary substances.
A doctor may prescribe motherwort in pills to a woman during pregnancy under the following conditions:
- tachycardia - palpitations,
- increased uterine tone,
- with nerve loads
- to eliminate insomnia,
- with hypertension.
In the period of gestation of the fetus, the drug should be used exclusively under the supervision of a specialist.
Benefits of motherwort pills
Many believe that this form of release is less effective compared to motherwort tincture. In fact, this opinion is wrong. The therapeutic effect of tinctures, tablets and decoctions is identical.
In addition, motherwort in tablets has a number of the following advantages:
- Pleasant taste, unlike alcohol tincture.
- Ease of use. No need to cook a decoction or dilute tincture in water.
- Allowed to use even for patients who can not use drugs based on alcohol.
- Ability to use anywhere.
- The composition of the tablets, as a rule, includes vitamins that enhance the therapeutic effect.
How to use motherwort pills?
The dosage of the drug depends on the pathology for the treatment of which it is used. For insomnia, it is recommended to take 1-2 tablets one hour before bedtime.
With neurasthenia, stress, depression, you need to take 2 tablets three times a day, half an hour after a meal. The course is 1 month. In case of vegetovascular dystonia and diseases of the cardiovascular system, the drug is also taken, but the dosage is halved.
In the case of treatment of menopause, the dosage is determined by the specialist individually. Children under 5 years old are allowed to take 0.5 tablets 3 times a day, the medicine is prescribed by a doctor.
In addition, manufacturers offer Valerian pills with motherwort extract. They are used for excessive physical and mental stress, for the treatment of insomnia. The drug helps to normalize the psycho-emotional state, improves memory, eliminates stress, regulates the nervous system.
Motherwort pills gently affect the body and effectively deal with various problems. Before using means consult your doctor.
Before use, tincture should be shaken.
Take into account the slow developmentsedation, which is most often manifested by the end of the 3rd week of treatment.
To analogs of Motherwort tincture, medicinal preparations similar to it by their sedative and cardiotonic action can be attributed:
Which is better - motherwort or valerian?
The unequivocal answer to the question, which is better - motherwort or valerian, does not exist in principle. These medicinal plants are very similar in their main action and by and large differ only in some contraindications and the degree of their effectiveness. When choosing one of these therapeutic agents, the physician, first of all, should be guided by the features of the patient’s diagnosed disease and his individual response to the treatment being carried out, in accordance with which the personal therapeutic regimen is chosen.
In turn, both of these drugs are often mixed and recommended to be used together in different combinations of sedative remedies, both factory and homemade. The most common and well received popular reviews recipe is a mixture of VKPBPincluding five tinctures:pion, valerian, motherwort, Corvalol, hawthorn.
Tincture of peony, hawthorn, motherwort, valerian, Corvalol
Before taking motherwort, valerian, hawthorn, pion, Corvalol, you need to purchase these tinctures in a pharmacy and mix them in a dark glass vessel in equal proportions, for example, 25 ml (in this case, you can limit yourself to 15 ml Corvalol), after which it is taken orally every day for 10-15 drops (allowed together with cup of water). In case of insufficient positive action and in the absence of allergic manifestations You can increase the daily dosage to 25 drops.
Reviews of a mixture of tinctures valerian, motherwort, hawthorn, peony, Corvalol they speak of a significantly greater sedative and cardiotonic efficacy of this mixture, but also warn patients against its uncontrolled and excessive use, since such soothing drops not only increase the positive properties of plants, but also potentiate their side effects.
Motherwort tincture is contraindicated for children under the age of 12 years (due to the presence of ethanol).
Motherwort tincture during pregnancy (and lactation)
The question of whether pregnant women can take motherwort, and whether breastfeeding Drinking this drug certainly worries many women, as the state of their nervous system during these periods is not in the best condition and often requires support from outside. The answer to the question of whether it is possible to drink the motherwort tincture during of pregnancy and at GW (breastfeeding) can serve as an official instruction, in which these stages in the life of a woman are listed as contraindications to the use of the drug due to its inclusion ethyl alcohol. However, as practice shows, not everything is so straightforward and for pregnant and lactating women there is a way out of this situation, which consists in taking motherwort water solution or pills based on it, the reviews are positive even in these cases.
Tablets or water tincture of motherwort at of pregnancy in earlier periods, or in later periods, as well as lactation, can be taken by women, and sometimes even recommended to receive in order to bring their nervous system to the proper positive state, contributing to the normal overcoming of this difficult time.
The Internet often discusses various sedative herbal preparationswhich naturally includes motherwort tincture, the reviews of which in the prevailing majority of cases are completely positive. People using this tincture, or mixtures in which it is included, to maintain their nervous system in an adequate condition, as well as to treat various cardiac disorders, note the high effectiveness of this therapeutic agent and the almost complete absence of negative side effects. Among the negative qualities most often mentioned bitter taste and content ethanol.
It is precisely because of the alcohol base of motherwort tincture that most women fear its use when of pregnancy and breastfeedinghowever, there are those who practice taking small doses of this drug and do not see this as a significant problem.
Motherwort tincture price, where to buy
The price of the motherwort tincture depends on the volume of the bottle, as well as on the pricing policy of the manufacturing plant and, therefore, how much the drug of a certain manufacturer costs, you should check with the pharmacist pharmacy. As a rule, the cost of this tincture is not very different from each other and is available to every customer.
The average price in a pharmacy varies around 30 rubles per 25 ml bottle.
In addition to contraindications, the herb has a number of side effects. Dangerous plant is not, but if you exceed the dosage can cause a negative reaction of the body. Side effects of motherwort are as follows:
- lowering blood pressure
- drowsiness in overdose of drugs,
- increasing the tone of the uterus, because of what it is rarely prescribed for pregnant women,
- decrease in heart rate,
- vomiting, diarrhea with uncontrolled use,
- allergic reaction in the form of pruritus or rash.
Motherwort - the benefits and harm of an effective sedative
Unremarkable on the appearance of the plant - motherwort - has a lot of useful properties and healing qualities.
In folk therapy, motherwort is known as an ideal sedative, it is recommended to take it in case of gastric diseases and disorders of the nerdy system.
But motherwort, the benefit and harm of which is striking and surprising, has not been recognized as an effective means in official medicine, which saves the human body from various diseases.
Chemical composition of the plant
The name "motherwort" speaks for itself. The name of the grass is directly related to the area where it germinates.
The ideal place for motherwort germination is desert places that are far from modern civilization. A rare plant can take root by the road or in the center of a large metropolis.
The habitat of motherwort proves that the plant is environmentally friendly.
But the motherwort-grass has amazing properties, the benefits and harm of which are confidently enclosed in its chemical composition. What is the richness of this plant distant from civilization?
- The composition of the useful plant in sufficient volume includes vitamins A and C,
- The plant is rich in alkaloids,
- In the grass in a small amount are essential oils, as well as tannins.
Rich in various components of motherwort-grass, the healing properties and contraindications of such a plant can provide the body with both positive actions and affect the performance of internal organs with a certain negative.
What is the benefit of motherwort-grass?
The main chemical components of motherwort are for the human body certain benefits.With the help of plants you can treat a variety of diseases. Of course, doctors recommend including the plant in therapy, as an additional tool, but in individual application, motherwort can have a powerful healing effect.
What is motherwort useful for?
- Lowering the pressure. Herbal decoction, taken regularly, helps relieve the main symptoms of hypertension. The one-time use of motherwort broth instantly facilitates the painful condition of a person.
- Help with heart and vascular diseases. Cores are recommended to regularly take motherwort broth. The plant in combination with medicines helps to effectively treat atherosclerosis.
- Strengthening the nervous system. The plant acts in different directions. The use of motherwort grass helps to cope with nervous disorders, to improve the general emotional state after nervous breakdowns and depressions. Decoction of plants helps to adjust the body for increased efficiency. Moreover, the use of grass before bedtime contributes to the improvement and usefulness of night rest.
- Protection of the reproductive system. Motherwort grass is shown as a normalizing and healing tool for both men and all women. Regular or course use of herbs by men helps the latter cope with the first signs of impotence. For women motherwort is a normalizer of hormonal levels.
- Normalization of the digestive tract. Eating grass helps to clean the kidneys, protect the liver from harmful factors and toxins, remove excess fluid from the entire body. Even doctors recognized the fact that pancreatitis is reliably cured with the help of motherwort.
- Protection of the immune system. Motherwort grass has excellent immunostimulant qualities; it is recommended to take decoction of grass during the period of activity of epidemics and catarrhal diseases.
Useful medicinal properties of the motherwort plant, medicinal properties and contraindications it is important to consider when treating certain diseases. In any case, before starting self-medication, you need to get approval from a qualified doctor. Moreover, it is important to know that motherwort is for the body and certain harm.
The popular grass motherwort is a unique plant, it has a mass of beneficial and health-giving qualities. But it is important to remember that any herbal medicine has some contraindications. The motherwort is no exception to the rule. What is the harm of the plant?
- It is strictly forbidden to take motherwort grass to people suffering from low blood pressure (hypotension).
- The plant contributes to the appearance of drowsiness, therefore it cannot be accepted before responsible and important tasks.
- Can motherwort during pregnancy? Motherwort grass has an abortive effect, so expectant mothers are not recommended to use it. Acceptance of motherwort can cause an increase in the tone of the muscles of the uterus, which for a woman can threaten with a miscarriage or the appearance of intrauterine bleeding.
- The plant has an action that helps to thin the blood, and the use of motherwort can cause internal bleeding.
It is important to remember that the motherwort for some people may become an allergenic plant, therefore, it is necessary to start any treatment with this herb consistently and carefully. If you detect the slightest deviations of the organism from its normal state, the reception of motherwort should be interrupted.
Motherwort during pregnancy
Since the plant actively promotes blood thinning, it is not recommended for expectant mothers to take it in order to avoid the risk of uterine bleeding. Moreover, motherwort grass during pregnancy helps to increase the muscle tone of the uterus, which can trigger the risk of early miscarriage or the appearance of premature birth.
In some embodiments, gynecologists prescribe motherwort broth to their patients as a means of sedative and sleep-regulating directions, but the dosage and course of treatment is determined only by a doctor.
Motherwort during breastfeeding
Reception of motherwort by young moms during lactation is not prohibited. On the contrary, motherwort with breastfeeding is indicated for use if a young woman suffers from postpartum depression. In this embodiment, motherwort acts as a drug that normalizes the work of the nervous system. Motherwort grass can be prescribed to lactating women if their infant is too restless.
Is motherwort allowed for children?
Due to its beneficial qualities, motherwort grass is prescribed by pediatricians to small children. The use of motherwort is allowed from 1 month of life of the baby, but only as an external means.
It is useful for infants to do baths with the addition of motherwort broth, as it helps to strengthen the immune forces, helps to remove childhood hysteria and moodiness, and normalize sleep.
For babies with sensitive skin, baths with the addition of motherwort help to get rid of pruritus and prickly heat.
Is it possible to give motherwort to children as an internal remedy? Independent assignment to the children of the plant is strictly prohibited, as the motherwort has some contraindications to use. Often, pediatricians individually designate hyperactive children as a decoy of motherwort in small doses, which are determined only by specialists.