Thrush is considered one of the most common diseases in women. Every year, millions of women encounter this disease, and some have not been able to get rid of it for many years. Particularly relevant is the problem of thrush for pregnant women. When a child is born, the mother’s body is very vulnerable, and the immune system is in a weakened state.
What is thrush?
Thrush is popularly called the disease, which is characterized by cheesy secretions from the female genital organs. Thrush is a fungal disease that has a strictly defined pathogen, Candida, and therefore the correct medical name for this ailment is candidiasis.
These microorganisms are present on the body of almost any person, localized in the region of the mouth, rectum, genital organs or on the skin. If the microflora of a woman is normal, and her immunity is stable, these fungi will not have a negative effect on the body. If there are health problems that lead to a decrease in immunity, Candida begins to actively proliferate, which causes the development of thrush.
Candidiasis is not for nothing considered one of the most common diseases of pregnant women. According to statistics, every third woman carrying a child receives a similar diagnosis, half of these cases occur in the period before the birth itself. Thrush can occur at any stage of pregnancy, and, the higher the period, the more often the disease manifests itself.
Causes of thrush
Candidiasis is always a consequence of any disruptions in the work of the female body. The main one is the reduced immunity peculiar to all pregnant women.
For a woman's body, the fetus is partly a foreign body. The human immune system is designed to prevent the influence of alien genetic material. To prevent rejection of the fetus, the body of a pregnant woman temporarily reduces immunity, and this, in turn, dramatically increases the chances of thrush.
Other factors contributing to the occurrence of thrush are:
- diseases of the digestive system and intestines,
- diseases of the liver, kidneys, urogenital system,
- malignant tumors,
- lack of trace elements and vitamins,
- infectious diseases,
- long course of antibiotics or hormonal drugs,
- genital diseases,
- endocrine diseases.
Thrush can be formed as a result of microtraumas of the vagina, obtained during sexual intercourse, as well as prolonged wearing of underwear from synthetic materials.
One of the most important causes of thrush are hormonal changes characteristic of any pregnant woman. Changes in the hormonal background are required in order for the carrying and development of the child to occur naturally. In the hormonal balance, this increases the level of gestagens, which contribute to the development of pathogenic fungi.
Symptoms of thrush
The first symptom of this disease is vaginal discharge, which usually have a cheesy consistency and have a sharply unpleasant sour smell. It is because of this that the disease is called "thrush". With the development of the disease and the multiplication of pathogenic fungi, the amount of secretions increases, they become thicker, and the mucous membrane of the vagina begins to inflame, irritating the nerve endings there. As a result, symptoms such as: burning, severe itching, redness and swelling, pain inside the vagina or on the lips of the genital lips.
These symptoms may worsen in the evening and at night, as well as in the following cases:
- during or after a warm bath,
- with increasing body temperature
- during urination or sex,
- when wearing warm clothes or tight-fitting underwear made of synthetic materials.
Sometimes candidiasis during pregnancy occurs without obvious signs, and in other cases it is acute, with severe painful sensations and frequent relapses. According to studies, candidiasis is one of the main signs of a complicated pregnancy.
These symptoms are not always confirmation of candidiasis. Many other infectious diseases of the genitourinary system are similar to thrush, including venereal diseases, which are much more dangerous than thrush. That is why it is so important to go to the hospital in time to accurately diagnose the disease.
Diagnosis of thrush
Independently determine this disease is quite difficult. An accurate diagnosis can be made only after a series of examinations, including:
The easiest way to determine thrush is to measure the basal temperature. If it exceeds the norm, i.e. above 38 degrees, the likelihood of an infectious disease.
Than dangerous thrush during pregnancy
The most important task of any woman during pregnancy is to preserve and maintain the health of the child being born. Since thrush is an infectious disease, it is a serious threat not only to the mother, but also to the baby.
Candidiasis disrupts the structure of the mucous membrane of the vagina, as a result of which it becomes less elastic, which leads to the development of erosion of the uterus and an increased risk of vaginal rupture during childbirth. Symptoms of the disease, causing a lot of unpleasant sensations, lead to the fact that the woman becomes more irritable, her sleep worsens, she often suffers from headaches and increases pressure. All this negatively affects the psychological state of the mother, which is very important for the normal development of the fetus.
Candida is particularly dangerous for the child. When passing through the birth canal, it can get an infection from the mother and be exposed to the disease itself. Newborns are very hard to bear any infectious diseases, and candida fungus can lead to irreversible damage to the internal systems and organs of the baby.
That is why it is important to immediately begin treatment for thrush during pregnancy when it is detected.
In different periods of pregnancy, the treatment of thrush can vary greatly. The most difficult period is the first trimester. At this time, doctors generally do not recommend taking any drugs, because the child is laying the systems and organs that can be affected by the chemicals in the drugs. Fortunately, in the first months of pregnancy thrush is extremely rare. With the second and third trimester, everything is much simpler and much more drugs are allowed during this period.
Independently select drugs for the treatment of candidiasis is not strictly recommended. Assign the correct course of treatment and the dosage of drugs has the right only a doctor based on the individual characteristics of the course of the disease. The most common means in the treatment of this disease are:
Strictly prohibited for the treatment of candidiasis at any stage of pregnancy: "Levorin", "Diflucan", "Nizoral", "Fluconazole", "Lyukanazol". These drugs can cause irreparable damage to the health of the child.
Folk remedies for treating thrush should be used with great caution, as some of them can be dangerous for the child. It is not recommended to douch with the use of such popular in the people means as potassium permanganate, soda, onion or garlic. About the admissibility of such treatment methods, you should consult with your doctor.
To make thrush treatment more successful, a course of vitamin complexes and sometimes sedatives is usually added to drug therapy. It is strongly recommended to abandon sexual intercourse throughout the treatment, or use condoms.
If a thrush was found in a pregnant woman, treatment will be required not only for her, but also for her sexual partner. Men are also susceptible to this disease, although not as often as women.
Treatment of candidiasis requires compliance with certain rules of personal hygiene. A woman during an illness should rinse her genitals twice with warm, clean water, use sanitary napkins, and often change her underwear.
Diet is no less important for the successful treatment of thrush, than a course of medication. For the period of the disease, it is necessary to abandon the flour and sweet foods, fried and spicy food, which promotes the reproduction of candidal fungi. It is recommended to eat dairy products every day, eat more fruits and vegetables.
If a course of antibiotics was prescribed during pregnancy, it is recommended to undergo prophylactic treatment with candidiasis. With the successful cure of the disease, before the childbirth itself, a prophylactic course of treatment should be carried out, even if there are no complaints.
Symptoms of candidiasis
In order to recognize this disease in time, cure it and prevent it from becoming chronic, it is necessary to know its symptoms.
- Discomfort in the intimate area - itching and burning in the vagina,
- White discharge, which has a creamy or cheesy consistency and an unpleasant odor,
- Inflammation of the vaginal walls and irritation of the mucous membrane of this organ,
- Easy swelling of the genital lips.
- Painful sensation during intercourse and urination.
- Redness of the outer walls of the vagina.
- Hypersensitivity of the genitals.
When these symptoms appear, you should contact a specialist who will prescribe an effective treatment. If the thrush came at the planning stage of pregnancy, then it is advisable to cure it, since it can cause harm to the baby’s health if it penetrates its habitat, that is, the amniotic bubble.
Discomfort in the intimate area - itching and burning in the vagina
Pregnancy is always the strongest stress for the female body, at this time hormonal changes are rearranged, and immunity is reduced, which is an ideal condition for the development of fungal infections. Candida begins to find "loopholes" for penetration into the vaginal microflora and begins to actively multiply. Thrush in the first trimester of pregnancy can cause miscarriage or serious problems with the baby’s health. Therefore, it is necessary to treat this disease and do it only with those preparations prescribed by a specialist.
Danger of candidiasis for a woman
Many girls believe that candidiasis is nothing more than unpleasant feelings that can be ignored, but this is not so. Candidiasis is fraught with a number of dangers, especially when carrying a baby. How to treat thrush during pregnancy will be advised by a specialist, and this must be done, because a frivolous attitude to this disease can lead to serious consequences:
- The threat of spontaneous abortion, that is, miscarriage. This is explained not only by the fact that persistent itching, unpleasant and painful sensations in a woman cause chronic insomnia, irritation, and headaches. All these factors negatively affect the tone of the uterus - it is in tension, as a result, an abortion may occur.
- Complicated childbirth. Inflammation of the vaginal walls leads to the fact that they lose their elasticity, as a result of which the labor activity becomes difficult, there is a large number of breaks.
- Thrush can cause other, more serious diseases.
Candidiasis is fraught with a number of dangers, especially when carrying a baby
Thrush during pregnancy: the danger to the fetus
Candidiasis must be treated, the harm from this disease may be greater than from drugs used to treat it.
- Intrauterine developmental delay,
- Congenital abnormalities of internal organs,
- Infection of the fetus with dangerous viruses and microorganisms that may appear in its mother on the basis of non cured thrush,
- Candida sepsis, which can lead to the death of an unborn or unborn child.
Thrush in women during pregnancy: methods of treatment
How to get rid of thrush during pregnancy, when so many drugs are prohibited to use, in order to avoid harm to the fetus? It is difficult, but possible, even without the use of traditional remedies.
Recall that thrush during pregnancy has all the same classic symptoms, and this is itching, copious milky color and a curd consistency, as well as itching and redness of the genitals. Often women try to get rid of thrush during pregnancy with folk remedies and do not get any positive results, then, like no vaginal candidiasis (this is the medical name for thrush) they do not have. For this disease take abundant whitish discharge, which is normal in all expectant mothers. Therefore, only a doctor can make a diagnosis, and then subject to the presence of Candida mushrooms in the results of a smear taken from the vagina. And on the basis of this result, treatment can be prescribed. Only with the help of tests can the doctor be able to say for sure that the cause of anxiety is vaginal candidiasis, and not gardnerellezis or any sexually transmitted infection, which can actually be dangerous for the child, unlike thrush.
But sometimes there is no possibility of an emergency visit to the doctor, just as the days of waiting for the smear results can be very difficult. While the test results are not ready, a woman, with the permission of the doctor, can use creams for topical use. He will help relieve itching. These creams are Clotrimazole and Miconazole. As for the baths with the use of manganese, chamomile and other medicinal herbs, they are more likely to cause harm, since many herbs only dry up the already dry mucous of the genital organs, and also can cause an allergic reaction in expectant mothers.
Nor should it be doused. For many years, thrush in women was treated with a weak soda solution introduced into the vagina with a syringe. Why precisely soda? The fact is that it creates an alkaline environment in the vagina, which is detrimental to pathogens of vaginal candidiasis. But during pregnancy, douching can provoke a threat of interruption or even miscarriage. Therefore, these procedures are prohibited to future mothers.
How is the disease manifested
At the initial stage of development, candidiasis does not have pronounced symptomatology; therefore, it is often diagnosed to pregnant women to be diagnosed during tests (vaginal smear) at the time of becoming gynecological examination. The only thing that a future mother can notice is an increase in the amount of discharge and a possible slight itching.
If at this stage no treatment of thrush is performed, then the symptoms of the disease are aggravated:
- The itching in the genital area increases,
- White coarse or cheesy discharges appear (sometimes they have a yellowish tint),
- There is an unpleasant sour-milk smell (in more advanced cases it resembles the scent of fish that has become stale),
- There is swelling, redness of the mucous membranes,
- Minor touches can cause pain.
What is the danger
You can not neglect the disease, treatment of thrush should be carried out in a timely manner, otherwise the consequences may be as follows:
- The risk of spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) increases - candidiasis affects the tone of the uterus,
- Pathology leads to a decrease in the elasticity of the walls of the genital organs, which can cause numerous ruptures during childbirth,
- The disease can cause a delay in fetal development,
- The infection is transmitted from mother to child
- Complicated course of the disease can cause the death of the baby (mushroom spores multiply so actively that they literally entangle the internal organs of the baby, depriving them of their capacity).
Treatment of thrush is carried out at home, using the methods of traditional and folk medicine. But before applying this or that method of therapy, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
How to treat thrush traditional methods
The list of drugs for the treatment of fungal infections is extensive, however, not all drugs can be taken during pregnancy.
In the medical practice of candidiasis, all drugs are divided into two groups - systemic (for oral administration) and local preparations (for external use). With respect to pregnant women, it is permissible to use medications that do not penetrate or are minimally absorbed into the bloodstream, these include:
- Nystatin is available in the form of tablets, ointments, the substance is also included in vaginal suppositories,
- Zalain - release form vaginal suppositories, cream,
- Pimafutsin - antifungal antibiotic is available in tablets, in the form of candles and cream,
- Clotrimazole - release form solution, ointment, cream, gel, tablets, suppositories.
Isoconazole, Ginofort can also be attributed to permissible drugs, and such medicines as Fluconazole, Diflazon, Mikosist should be taken with caution and only for medical purposes.
Помимо традиционной терапии молочницу при беременности можно лечить народными средствами, но прежде обязательно нужно проконсультироваться с врачом.
This method of treatment is the safest, the means described below can be used to wipe the walls of the vagina:
- Dissolve in 1 liter of warm boiled water 1 tbsp. l baking soda and 1 tsp. iodine (proportions can be increased or decreased according to the amount of water). As this is a sitting bath, transfer the solution to a convenient container for the procedure. Perform 4 evenings in a row for 15 minutes
- Take 1 tbsp. l Chamomile flowers, nettle leaves and oak bark, mix, pour 1 liter of boiling water. Blend the mixture on low heat for 15 minutes (do not allow active boiling). Then wrap and leave for 2 hours. Can be used not only for baths, but also for washing,
- Pour in 1 liter of boiling water 1 tsp. fresh nettle, as many pharmaceutical chamomile flowers and add 10 drops of sea buckthorn oil. Means infused day. Infusion is used for 10 days (each time you need to prepare a new medicine).
Folk remedy in the form of sedentary baths is harmless, but in order to eliminate the symptoms of thrush, you will need a rather long period of procedures - be patient.
Rubbing and douching
To remove pathological secretions from the surface of the mucous membranes of the vagina, you can use a soft swab dipped in the following means (optional):
- 1 tbsp. l dry Hypericum poured 1 tbsp. boiling water, exhausted on the steam bath for 10 minutes,
- Mix in equal proportions of hydrogen peroxide 3% and warm boiled water, add a few drops of brilliant green,
- Freshly pressed carrot juice is recommended to wipe the mucous for 7-10 days.
Rubbing can be combined with therapeutic baths or douching. By the way, it is the douching that gives the fastest result, but this procedure is not shown to everyone, therefore, coordinate your actions with your doctor before conducting.
The following folk remedies are used to irrigate the walls of the vagina:
- Pour half a glass of dry burdock roots in 1 liter of water, rub on the fire for about 10 minutes and drain. Douching is carried out by decoction cooled to an acceptable temperature,
- A mixture of herbs - chamomile, sage, oak bark (1 tsp.) Pour 300 ml of boiling water and leave for 1 hour. Infusion strain, used twice a day,
- Birch buds, juniper, chamomile, celandine take in equal proportions (1 tsp), pour 250 ml of boiling water, insist. When the agent has cooled to an acceptable temperature, it is drained and applied.
Be sure to, before the treatment of thrush during pregnancy at home, consult with your doctor, so as not to cause harm to the future baby.
In order to avoid recurrence of the disease, candidiasis must undergo both sex partners (a woman and a man). For the period of treatment is recommended:
- Refuse sexual intercourse,
- Reduce physical exertion
- Exclude from the diet of sweet, flour, spicy dishes,
- Do not use soap for washing (carry out procedures with ordinary boiled water),
- Wear loose underwear, preferably from natural fabrics,
- Enrich your diet with fermented milk products, vegetables, fruits.
Ignore candidiasis especially during pregnancy, it is impossible, but self-medication can be harmful, so you must get medical advice before taking any action.
What is candidiasis?
The disease has received its medical name from Candida (Candida albicans), representatives of the conditionally pathogenic group. “Conventionally” means that they begin their destructive activities only under certain circumstances, such as reduced immunity. This is not as good as it seems, because the disease can occur at any time, as a response to taking antibiotics, severe stress, even unhealthy diet. In every second case, thrush is registered during pregnancy. How to treat her in this case, and why is she so “partial” to pregnant women? The answer is simple. Pregnancy is a condition in which a number of changes occur in a woman’s body that are favorable for the growth and development of candidates. But where do they come from, if before the pregnancy and their spirit was not?
Ways of infection
Candida mushrooms live harmlessly in each of us, getting into our body in the womb or during childbirth. In the future, we can pick them up with food (milk, raw meat, unwashed vegetables and fruits) and household items. The habitat of the candidate is the oral cavity, vagina, large intestine. While these microorganisms are in a controlled amount, they help the normal functioning of the body. The disease begins when unnormal growth of fungal colonies occurs. This is one reason. The second is unprotected sexual intercourse with a patient with candidiasis. If the second reason is absolutely excluded, but all the same, a thrush suddenly appeared during pregnancy, the woman should not panic and look for the guilty. Colonies of fungi in most pregnant women begin to grow rapidly by themselves under the influence of some factors.
Thrush: causes, treatment of the disease in pregnant women
Many expectant mothers did not suffer from thrush before pregnancy. The appearance of the disease contributed to:
- the restructuring of hormones and, as a consequence, changes in the acidity of the vaginal secretions,
- reduced immunity due to increased loads on the body,
- psychological state,
- performance of large physical loads in this period,
- change in diet (pickles, marinades, sweets),
- unnecessarily frequent hygienic procedures, during which the necessary microorganisms are washed off the mucous membranes,
- some diseases (hemorrhoids, dysbacteriosis, constipation, colitis),
The first symptoms of thrush are mild and usually go unnoticed. These include a slight itching of the external genital organs and an increase in the amount of discharge. Now almost all women use sanitary pads, which make it difficult to control the amount of vaginal discharge. Therefore, to detect candidiasis at the initial stage of the disease can only be done by smear microscopy.
If the first symptoms of thrush are somewhat blurred, then it is difficult not to pay attention to the further development of the disease. Women experience persistent itching of the vulva due to the penetration of Candida mycelium into the mucous membrane. This itching is usually worse when wearing synthetic underwear, after washing and urinating, during sleep. In the future, the vaginal walls become inflamed, react painfully to any touch, urination passes with a sharp burning sensation, pain, vaginal discharge becomes significant. Their color is white, with an unpleasant smell. In appearance, they resemble thick kefir or cottage cheese bunches. Hence the name - "thrush". If not to carry out treatment, there can be pains in the lower abdomen.
Danger to woman
Many do not know what fraught with thrush during pregnancy. How to treat the disease, the doctor will tell. The future mother is obliged to fulfill all the requirements exactly.
A frivolous attitude to the problem leads to the following complications:
1.The threat of termination of pregnancy. Persistent itching causes irritation, insomnia, headaches, increased pressure and increased uterine tone.
2. Complicated childbirth. The inflamed walls of the genital organs are not very elastic, which causes multiple gaps in the process of childbirth, and the seams do not tighten well.
3. Based on candida possible the occurrence of other more dangerous diseases.
4. Have firstborn with caesarean section with repeated pregnancy may seam divergence due to the thinning of the uterine scar.
Danger to the fetus
For the baby, thrush during pregnancy also poses a serious threat. How to treat mom so as not to make the baby that was not yet worse? Some women fear that treatment will hurt more than help. It is not right. Thrush can cause:
1. Delayed fetal development and pathological diseases of its internal organs.
2. Infection of the fetus by more dangerous microorganisms that appeared in the mother against the background of candidiasis.
3. Candida sepsis, often leading to death of the fetus and already born baby. An autopsy shows that these children have many internal organs, including the brain, covered with cobweb of the mycelium.
We told what causes the appearance of such a disease as thrush. Treatment of this insidious disease should be carried out only by drugs prescribed by a doctor. To determine which of the dozens of existing drugs will be the most effective, special studies are conducted. The biomaterial taken from a smear of a woman is placed on an environment that promotes the growth of colonies of the fungus. In the future, they are affected by various means, selecting the most effective, and of them the safest for the fetus. At the initial stages of the disease in the first trimester of pregnancy, Nystatin, Zalain, Natamycin are recommended, used exclusively locally, in the form of candles and ointments. In advanced cases, doctors prescribe pills, as well as Clotrimazole. The price of this Russian-made medicine ranges from 40-50 rubles for ointment, 60-100 rubles for cream and 70-120 rubles for solution. There is also an imported drug, which differs from the domestic only in price.
Safe preparations that treat thrush
Like any medicine, antifungal agents have contraindications. Some drugs have more of them, others have less. For example, "Nystatin" is practically non-toxic, poorly absorbed into the blood, because of what it is prescribed, even for newborns. It is contraindicated only to people with increased hypersensitivity to the components. The same can be said about “Zalain”. This drug is expensive, but with its help in just one or two applications, the symptoms of thrush disappear.
"Nitamitsin" or "Pimafutsin" are among the most harmless, so do not be afraid to use them. Their disadvantages include longer treatment time and low efficiency in neglected cases. “Clotrimazole” has excellent performance. Price allows you to use it for any category of pregnant women. However, this drug has a number of side effects, such as irritation of mucous membranes, abdominal pain, rash on the body. It is desirable to apply it only at the final stage of pregnancy.
If the diagnosis is “thrush”, home treatment only with folk remedies will only bring harm. Get rid of the fungus without the use of drugs is impossible. Traditional medicine suggests making baths and douching with broths of oak bark, chamomile, calendula, nettle, garlic, solutions of baking soda and iodine. These funds only for a while lead to the reduction of unpleasant sensations, without affecting the further development of fungi. This apparent well-being helps the growth of Candida colonies and exacerbation of the disease. In addition, frequent douching during pregnancy can result in miscarriage. Treatment with folk remedies is advisable only in combination with the use of medicines prescribed by a doctor.
It is important to remember that not only the expectant mother should be treated, but also the future father. Otherwise, the disease returns again after a short period of time. After completing the course of therapy, both spouses are required to pass control tests.
How to avoid candidiasis during pregnancy
Everyone agrees: it is better that you do not need to use any remedy at all, even the most effective from thrush and the most harmless. For this, the first and most important thing that needs to be done before conception is for both spouses to be tested for any sexual infection in the body. This applies particularly to those who have already encountered similar diseases. In addition, for pregnant women, there are a number of simple but effective recommendations:
1. To maintain immunity, eat more fruits and vegetables.
2. Follow the chair, not allowing any constipation or dysbiosis.
3. During the day, be sure to find time for rest, avoid sleep deprivation and stress.
4. Perform hygiene procedures without fanaticism, using only natural means.
5. Avoid wearing synthetic underwear and pads in the heat.
6. During periods of upsurge of colds, avoid visiting crowded places.
How not to treat candidiasis
If you follow all the recommendations of the doctor, the thrush during pregnancy is not so terrible. Reviews of patients who successfully dealt with the problem is an excellent confirmation of this. They all had healthy babies. However, there are more women who trust the advice of girlfriends, old recipes. There is also a category of very shy women who cannot overpower themselves and in case of genital itching, consult a doctor. Such people prefer to be treated at home on their own. I would like to remind you that the "grandmothers" remedies relieve the symptoms only for a while, thereby driving the problem inside, complicating its further treatment and putting the birth of a healthy baby at risk.
It is also wrong to buy medications without a prescription, because only a doctor can determine which medicine is suitable for each case.
And it is completely unwise to leave candidiasis without attention, planning to get rid of it only after giving birth, so as not to harm the fetus with unnecessary medication. Such a "care" about the baby can lead to his death.
Pronounced restructuring of the endocrine status is necessary for the normal childbearing. In the hormonal balance is dominated by gestagens, which contribute to the reproduction of candidal fungi.
Physiological Immunity Reduction
The fruit for the female body is half genetically alien. Human immunity is created and works in such a way as to prevent the inside of someone else's genetic material. In order to prevent the rejection of the fetus, nature has created a mechanism for suppressing the immune defense during pregnancy. Any reduction in the body's defenses leads to candidiasis.
In addition to the main reasons, the following factors can lead to thrush during pregnancy:
- malnutrition deficient in vitamins and trace elements
- common diseases - frequent ARVI, anemia, diabetes, thyroid disease, bowel disease
- chronic inflammation of the vagina (see treatment of vaginitis during pregnancy)
- frequent and unreasonable use of antibiotics (see rules for taking antibiotics)
Example from practice: Chlamydia was detected in a 22-year-old woman planning a pregnancy. Both (she and her husband) are prescribed antibacterial therapy. A month after monitoring the cure, the couple is allowed to become pregnant. The woman, having decided to play it safe, independently conducted another course of antibiotics. As a result, starting from the 1st trimester, because of the constant recurrence of thrush during the entire pregnancy, I had to undergo 4 courses of antifungal therapy.
How to treat candidiasis during pregnancy?
The treatment of thrush in the first trimester will be the most difficult, because it is undesirable to use any drugs during the laying of organs and systems in a growing fetus. But, fortunately, candidiasis in the first weeks of gestation is very rare. It is proved that with an increase in the duration of pregnancy increases the likelihood of candidal vaginitis. In addition, there are candles from thrush, which can be used on any period of gestation.
For treatment in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, there are enough medications in the doctor’s arsenal to effectively help a woman get rid of candidiasis. Although, it should be understood that 100% cure of thrush during pregnancy is impossible. In some cases, it is necessary to conduct treatment courses in each trimester.
Preparations for the treatment of thrush for trimesters of pregnancy:
- Pimafutsin - 1 candle for the night in a vagina 6 times
- Betadine - 1 candle for the night in the vagina 6 times
- Pimafucin 6 candles
- Betadine 6 candles
- Gyno-Pevaril 6 candles
- Ginofort - 1 applicator once in a vagina
- Clotrimazole 7 candles
- Pimafucin 6 candles
- Betadine 6 candles
- Gyno-Pevaril 6 candles
- Ginofort - 1 applicator once in a vagina
- Clotrimazole 7 candles
Features of treatment of thrush in the period of childbearing
- only topical ointments and suppositories for thrush are used.
- tablets inside are used only as prescribed by a doctor, according to strict indications, in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- during pregnancy, you cannot use douching with any kind of aggressive means (soda, manganese, chlorhexidine, see if you can do douching)
- Pimafucin is the safest treatment for treating candles, so they are used in the first weeks of pregnancy and in the postpartum period while breastfeeding
- As a rule, already on the 2nd or 3rd candle all the symptoms of thrush disappear, but the treatment should be completed in any case.
- sometimes at the beginning of treatment there is a burning sensation in the area of the vulva after the candle is injected, but this passes quickly and the therapy should not be stopped
- if during gestation there was at least one episode of thrush, then it is necessary to give a course of treatment before giving birth, even in the absence of typical complaints
Example from practice: the woman had 2 courses of antifungal therapy (at 28 and 34 weeks). At 38 weeks, the woman, having decided that she was not disturbed by anything, ignored the recommendation of the doctor and did not carry out a preventive course. В результате у малыша на первой неделе после рождения возникла молочница полости рта.
- даже если у полового партнёра нет никаких проявлений воспалительного процесса, ему также следует пройти курс лечения, иначе будет эффект «пинг-понга»
- when prescribing antibiotics during pregnancy, prophylactic treatment with anti-thrush drugs should be used
- for control it is necessary to make seeding from the vagina in 10-14 days after the course of treatment.
Clotrimazole and miconazole are the preferred drugs (suppositories) for any period of pregnancy.
Pimafucin is still a broad-spectrum antibiotic with anti-fungal properties. What research confirms its preferred use in early pregnancy?
First, the antibiotic in Latin means "against life." Consequently, all drugs that inhibit growth and reproduction, as well as causing the death of microorganisms, are called antibiotics. But there are many microorganisms. This includes bacteria, viruses, protozoa and fungi. Accordingly, antibiotics, in the broadest sense of the word, can be against bacteria (the same penicillin), fungi (fungicides or antifungal / antimycotic drugs) and antiviral. But we (both doctors and patients) call antibiotics those drugs that are effective against bacteria, and the rest of the drugs bear the appropriate names (antifungal or antiviral drugs). Pimafucin, as you claim, is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. Yes, he has a wide range, but against mushrooms! It consists of natamycin, which has a fungicidal effect and is somewhat effective against Trichomonas (these are the simplest). But natamycin (pimafucin) does not act on gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, which means that it is wrong to consider it a broad spectrum antibiotic, as we used to call it (that is, against bacteria and against fungi). Its spectrum of action is broad precisely in relation to mushrooms: yeast-like mushrooms, dermatomycetes, yeast and other mushrooms. Pimafucin can be used for any period of pregnancy and during lactation, and which studies confirm this is clinical, but the basis for which pregnancy and lactation in the instructions for this drug are not contraindications for treatment with pimafucine.
Another thing is clotrimazole. This drug is effective not only against fungi, but also against a number of gram-negative bacteria. In the conducted studies it was established that it is unfavorable for admission during pregnancy, especially not recommended in the first trimester. Whereas in 2 and 3 trimesters and during lactation its use is possible, but with caution (reservation: if the benefits of treatment are higher than the possible risk to the child).
Miconazole is generally contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Catherine, HOW can such nonsense be written with such confidence?