23 week of pregnancy: what happens with the development of the baby?
When you are pregnant - this is a special condition. A complex restructuring of the body, hormonal storms, emotional instability - all this can collapse like snow on the head. And, nevertheless, despite the tricks of the “interesting situation”, there are much more reasons for joy in this period. The past 22 weeks of pregnancy have captured many happy moments in the memory of the future mother - two cherished stripes on the test, an exciting first ultrasound and the news about what sex the baby will be born, the long-awaited pinhochka of small legs, pleasant preparatory efforts for the birth of the baby. Of course, much of this will never happen again. However, sad about this is not worth it. Ahead of the brightest and unforgettable event - the perfect moment of meeting with the baby. 23 week of pregnancy - another important step, bringing a woman closer to the most important exam in her life - childbirth. How the pregnant woman feels, how the child develops at week 23, what recommendations should be followed - our today's release will be focused around these issues.
23 week of pregnancy: sensations women recommendations
- The uterus rises 3.5-4 cm above the navel. As the fetus grows, it expands in size and shifts nearby organs from their usual places. Frequent urination at this stage of pregnancy is an absolute physiological norm. Frequent urging to the toilet will disappear on their own after childbirth, when the uterus acquires its former size and stops pressing on the bladder.
- The tummy continues to grow, the hips become wider, the breasts swell even more, and colostrum, the forerunner of breast milk, can begin to stand out from the nipples. In no case, it is impossible to strain the colostrum out of the breast during pregnancy - it can cause uterus tone and trigger its contraction (fraught with premature birth).
- Due to the increased proportions of the body, the woman becomes a little awkward and awkward. Shoe and perform many of the usual action is not as easy as it was before. To increase the feeling of personal comfort, pregnant women should wear loose clothing that will not restrain her movements and put pressure on her stomach. Comfortable pants with a wide soft elastic band, loose dresses, sundresses and blouses with a high waist, supporting a bra on wide straps, comfortable cotton panties (not thongs!) Are essential components of a daily wardrobe of a pregnant woman.
- In order for the pregnancy to proceed with the least damage to women's health (stress on the heart, kidneys, spine, joints, excessive stretching of the skin, etc.), the expectant mother should exercise constant control of her own body weight. Overeating, the use of a large number of sweet flour products, low physical activity - the most common causes of excess weight during pregnancy. At the 23rd week, the rate of weight gain for women with thin and medium build is 6-7.5 kg, and for fat women - 3.1-3.2 kg.
- In the second trimester, most expectant mothers bloom and look the most beautiful. Owners of fine hair say that their hair has become noticeably thicker, it shines, there is practically no hair on the comb. The number of lesions on the skin decreases, the complexion improves, beautiful long nails, which previously only had to dream, grow during pregnancy like a yeast.
- Digestive disorders are a typical complaint among pregnant women. Inclusion in the diet of foods that stimulate intestinal motility - fiber, fermented milk products (kefir and yogurt), vegetable fats helps to cope with constipation. In case of problems with the stool, it is recommended to minimize the consumption of chocolate, white bread, flour soups, semolina and caffeine-containing beverages. It is also contraindicated food dry meal. Difficulty in emptying the bowels is very often accompanied by flatulence. Excessive accumulation of gases can occur for a number of reasons - a change in the position of the internal organs in the abdominal cavity, hormonal alteration of the body, diseases of the digestive system, errors in the diet. Regardless of the cause of bloating, recommendations for its elimination are common: chew food thoroughly and never eat hastily, exclude from the diet legumes, raw vegetables and fruits, whole milk, black bread, sweets, fried, spicy dishes, include sour-milk in the menu products, stewed and baked vegetables, make daily walks in the fresh air. In order to treat and prevent flatulence, you can drink teas, herbal teas and infusions of medicinal herbs (dill, chamomile, carrot seeds, parsley, wormwood, mint, devil, sweet clover, dandelion root). Heartburn is another unpleasant consequence of a malfunction of the stomach. Alas, it is impossible to completely prevent acid imbalance during pregnancy. But in order to reduce its manifestations, it is necessary to observe such simple rules: do not overeat, grind food well in the mouth, give up coffee, roasted and smoked, there is often, but in small portions.
- The increase in the volume of amniotic fluid causes an even greater need of the female body for fluid. The most useful drinks for the future mother are simple water, fresh fruit drinks and fruit drinks. Coffee and green tea contain a large amount of caffeine, it is advisable to drink them as little as possible. Alcohol and energy drinks - under strict prohibition.
- The problem of severe swelling can be caused by excessive consumption of salt or salty foods. As you know, sodium retains fluid in the body, with the result that its intake exceeds excretion.
- On the 23rd week, Brexton-Hicks training bouts may appear for the first time. Feels like they can be described as mild, painless uterine contractions. "False" contractions are part of the preparation of the pregnant woman for the upcoming labor.
- Some future mothers note redness of the palms and heels, sometimes it may be accompanied by a slight itch. As a rule, such symptoms do not carry any threat, their main cause is increased blood flow to the extremities. With the elimination of itching moisturizers do well.
Photos of the abdomen on the 23rd week of pregnancy
Fetal development in the 23rd week of pregnancy
- Height - 20 cm, weight - 450 grams.
- The skin of the child thickens, it is already less transparent, but still wrinkled, the amount of subcutaneous fat increases every day.
- The bone skeleton is being strengthened, the muscle mass is gradually growing, nail plates are formed on the fingers, the original fluff on the body of the fetus has slightly darkened.
- With each week, the child's brain mass increases, the first crust of the crust is laid. It is noteworthy that in this period the baby is already able to dream.
- The pancreas of the fetus is not yet fully improved. However, in the process of hormone production, including insulin, it is already involved.
- The digestive system functions like a well-coordinated mechanism: the amniotic fluid that is absorbed by the child (up to 500 ml per day) is carefully filtered and excreted in the form of urine and the original feces - meconium.
- In the afternoon, when the mother is actively moving, the baby mostly sleeps. During the time of my mother's rest, when the “rocking” movements cease, the child starts his games - he is pushed by the arms and legs, turns over, and tumbles.
- The fruit of the age of 23 weeks is well oriented in time of day, shows a reaction to different sounds and bright light.
Photos: Firenzetoday, Castleavenueblog, Pittsenbargertrips
A brief description of the twenty-third week
So, you have successfully overcome early toxemia, experienced the first changes in the shape, malaise and came to the sixth month, or 23 obstetric week of pregnancy. What happens to the mother and baby during this period? Any woman in the position with great interest listens to herself and gladly perceives all the changes taking place, because literally every day her little one becomes bigger.
The main thing that happens in the 23rd week of pregnancy is the growth of the baby and the active development of its brain. The crumb begins to move very actively, sometimes he makes real circus tricks in the womb. However, they do not deliver absolutely any discomfort to her at this time. Rather, on the contrary, such movements are very encouraging to the future mother, they give a feeling of some kind of unity with her child.
With each month the baby gains weight, and this becomes especially noticeable at the 23rd week of pregnancy. What happens to the appearance of the baby? How does he change? At this period, there is an active accumulation of subcutaneous fat, due to his thin skin begins to gradually level off. However, the toddler is still more like a shriveled old man, moreover, rather thin.
Its weight is no more than four hundred and fifty grams, and the height reaches twenty centimeters. The baby's nails are getting stronger, and you can already distinguish the hairs on the head. If he swallows a large amount of amniotic fluid at the same time, he begins to hiccup. Mom feels it by rhythmic movements inside the abdomen, sometimes hiccups happen even several times a day.
Sometimes a woman is confronted with painful sensations associated with a growing uterus and abdomen. Usually they are short-lived and pass quickly. The stomach at this time is not yet big enough to prevent the expectant mother from doing household chores and walking. Therefore, it must adhere to the mode of maximum motor activity. Unless, of course, the doctor did not give other recommendations.
23 week of pregnancy. What happens to the baby?
If you divide all the changes that occur with the crumbs at a given time in order of importance, then the first will be an increase in brain mass. In the first months of pregnancy, it weighs no more than two grams. But by the twenty-third week it becomes much harder - twenty grams. However, this is not the limit, because before the birth it will increase another ten times. Therefore, if you begin to ask the doctor what happens in the 23rd week of pregnancy with your baby, then he may well answer that the little one will quickly grow wiser.
In order for the brain development process to go on as usual, the crumb must receive enough oxygen. To do this, women need daily walks in the fresh air. It is best to do this in the evening and in pleasant company. Also contraindicated and stress. They can cause spasms of blood vessels, which will lead to oxygen starvation. Try to avoid any situations that can provoke negative emotions.
By the beginning of the sixth month of pregnancy, the baby had already fully formed the digestive system. He has a stomach, a large and small intestine, and a pancreas. Amniotic fluid, getting into the stomach, react with sugar, which starts the process of digestion. Gradually, meconium (original feces) accumulates in the gut of the crumbs. To show what happens to the fetus at 23 weeks of gestation, can a planned ultrasound. At this time, the doctor is more likely to call the sex of the future baby. This will allow parents to find the right name and start purchasing a children's dowry.
What does the baby in the tummy?
Sometimes, in order to understand what is happening with the development of a baby at 23 weeks of pregnancy, it is enough to listen to the sensations of the mother. After all, they will immediately be given what exactly the crumb is busy at the time when he is not sleeping. While in a dream, the baby spends most of the day - about twenty hours.
It is noteworthy that by the sixth month the child begins to see the first dreams. And this indicates the active development of his brain. In periods of wakefulness, the baby is quite active. He studies everything that surrounds him. Often grabs the umbilical cord and as if riding on it. Many kids even repel and turn over, in these moments mothers feel their belly go shaking. Frequently, such somersaults of a crumb get up before bedtime, when a woman is relaxed and is getting ready for bedtime.
The most amazing thing that happens to a baby at 23 weeks of gestation is breathing training. Despite the fact that his lungs are not functioning yet, the child is actively training, swallowing and spitting out the amniotic fluid rhythmically. He can do this up to sixty times a minute. After the birth, the developed skill will help him to breathe for the first time.
Features of child development
Every obstetrician knows that there are a number of features that manifest themselves in the 22-23 week of pregnancy. What happens to the crumbs so unusual? In the first place all his bones become more dense. Calcium salts are actively deposited in them. This process will occur during the subsequent months of pregnancy. At this time, the baby’s immune system is activated. All viruses and bacteria that enter the mother's body are carefully remembered by her and will be easily recognized as enemies in the future.
The baby's heartbeat is already perfectly bugged by a regular stethoscope. Probably, mummies are surprised that a large tube is being applied to the stomach at the doctor's office. With its help, an obstetrician determines the heart rate. The sense organs for the sixth month of pregnancy are also improving. Your baby perfectly distinguishes the voices of mom and dad. He likes to listen to them, and a lullaby or an ordinary gentle conversation can even calm an actively kicking baby.
23 week of pregnancy: what happens to mom?
Many doctors write that this period is the most favorable time for the future mother. The stomach still does not bring her discomfort, the movements of the baby raise their spirits, and various ailments quickly pass. Therefore, a woman should adhere to a healthy lifestyle in order to feel just as good in the coming months. If you still cannot indulge yourself in chips, pickled cucumbers or store breadcrumbs, then now is the time to do it. In the future, the abundance of salt can cause swelling, which are an additional burden on the body.
If you already have swelling, limit yourself to fluid intake. Especially you should not drink at night, so as not to give a load to the bladder. In any case, you must report the swelling to your doctor. He will determine how dangerous it is in your case and make recommendations. In connection with hormonal changes, the appearance of pigment spots is observed just at 23-24 weeks of pregnancy, which usually happens almost imperceptibly. You should not be afraid of this, because after a couple of months after birth the hormonal balance normalizes, and women forget about unpleasant pigmentation.
Health problems: constipation
All the ladies who are in an interesting position, know that the baby in the 23rd week of pregnancy (which happens to everyone without exception) is actively growing. Along with it increases the uterus, which gradually takes up more and more free space. By the sixth month of pregnancy, she begins to put pressure on the intestines, and women are faced with such a problem as constipation. The hormone progesterone, which is actively produced during pregnancy, can also cause them. To cope with this problem is possible due to motor activity and diet. Try to walk daily unhurried pace and enter into your diet vegetables, fruits and dairy products. If you do not normalize the situation, then later constipation will become commonplace and may lead to the appearance of hemorrhoids.
Talk about heartburn
What happens at 23 weeks gestation? Photo ultrasound can reveal fully the physical condition of the mother at this time. Note that during this period, most women in an interesting position are faced with heartburn. Burning in the esophagus is characteristic of people who are prone to fullness. They often experience similar discomfort. Also, heartburn is familiar to athletes in whom it occurs when performing exercises related to lifting the body. However, pregnant women have a completely different situation. The cause of heartburn is squeezing the uterus of the internal organs. In addition, the muscles of the esophagus during this period are extremely relaxed, so they can not restrain the release of acid.
Of course, heartburn is a rather unpleasant phenomenon, but it does not harm child development. Therefore, do not immediately try to relieve burning drugs sold in pharmacies in your city. Although drugs such as "Maalox" and "Rennie" are considered harmless to pregnant women, doctors still do not recommend their use. After all, they can affect the baby, which is always indicated in the instructions enclosed in the package.
Do not get involved and folk remedies for the treatment of heartburn. For example, soda, which is often considered the real savior from heartburn, only intensifies this process and causes puffiness. Отвары из трав, рекомендованные бабушками, тоже могут оказаться далеко не такими безопасными. Доктора постоянно предостерегают будущих мам от их бесконтрольного употребления, ведь та или иная травка может быть противопоказана для употребления в период вынашивания малыша. Если изжога доставляет вам серьезный дискомфорт, то постарайтесь питаться очень маленькими порциями. Избегайте острых и соленых блюд, а также избавьтесь от вредных привычек.
Many women experience painful muscle spasms, accompanied by a stony belly. This process is considered quite natural and even got its name - false contractions. However, most of the expectant mothers are afraid of these new sensations, and they begin to fear a miscarriage in the 23rd week of pregnancy. How do false contractions occur and how are they caused? Let's figure it out together.
False contractions were first described at the end of the nineteenth century. They are similar in nature to the real process of contractions, but without uterine contraction. Usually they are accompanied by painful sensations that are easiest to endure while lying on your left side. At the same time it is necessary to closely monitor this process. If within an hour the pain becomes stronger, then you should immediately call a doctor and go to the hospital.
Many obstetricians believe that training contractions prepare the uterus for future deliveries, improve blood flow and inhibit women's fears of the birth process. There are several reasons for false contractions:
- crowded bladder
- strong physical exertion
- imbalance in the body.
Usually training fights last several minutes, but do not confuse them with real harbingers of childbirth. They are accompanied by the following symptoms:
- pulling back and back pains
- heavy discharge from the vagina,
- discomfort, reminiscent of menstrual pain,
- pressure in the lower abdomen.
If you do not experience anything like this, then you can be calm - nothing threatens your baby.
By the twenty-third week, a pregnant woman should undergo a second ultrasound. The doctor not only determines the sex of the future baby, but also closely monitors the level of his development in order to identify pathologies in time.
During ultrasound, the specialist performs a number of manipulations:
- determines the size of the internal organs,
- measures the volume and condition of amniotic fluid,
- examines the location of the placenta,
- determines the weight of the child and so on.
If during the ultrasound the doctor reveals pathology, then the woman is referred to geneticists.
If a woman bears twins, what happens at 23 weeks gestation? We could not disregard this question either. After all, mommies, awaiting the birth of two babies and more, require special control by doctors. First of all, specialists who observe such a pregnancy should definitely recommend regular intake of vitamin complexes by the beginning of the sixth month. Two crumbs in the womb of matter doubly need an influx of nutrients, and an organism depleted by pregnancy cannot provide them with babies.
Also it is necessary to take into account that mummies, who are waiting for twins, begin to experience false contractions much earlier than twenty-three weeks. Indeed, because of the load on the body and the strong stretching of the uterus, pregnancy ends before the prescribed forty. It is also worth bearing in mind that a rapidly growing belly contributes to the appearance of strong stretch marks. Therefore, without special creams and means of the future mother, pregnant with twins, can not do. With a multiple pregnancy in the twenty-third week, going to the reception at the antenatal clinic will have more often. Now the meetings with the doctor will occur once every fourteen days. This is due to the fact that the risk of miscarriage and early childbirth increases.
By the beginning of the sixth month, the overall weight gain of the expectant mother can be seven to eight kilograms. However, from now on, the baby will be very active in gaining weight, so the woman does not need any extra weight. To avoid this problem, she should carefully monitor her diet and eliminate some foods from the diet.
At the twenty-third week, pregnant women should completely abandon sweets. They do not give anything useful to the baby and mother, but they promote weight gain. The basis of the diet should be lean meat, vegetables and fruits. If you can not do without dessert, then choose dried fruits and nuts. And you need to use them in limited quantities, since these products have a high caloric content.
We must not forget about calcium. Its deficiency causes problems with teeth, hair and nails, and also leads to cramps. Therefore, be sure to enter into your diet fermented milk products. Do not forget about the fluid that should be ingested in a pregnant woman in sufficient quantities. And best of all to drink clean water, it is she who is most useful for a woman.
In conclusion, I would like to say that in the 23rd week of pregnancy it is very important to follow all the recommendations of the doctor and maintain a positive attitude, which will surely be passed on to your baby.
Signs, symptoms, sensations
More noticeable at this period are fetal movements. Expectant mother no longer confuses them with meteorism or bowel work. Having listened to the baby in the stomach, she can already accurately determine what he is doing - sleeping, playing, turning over.
This is the time to start singing lullabies, teaching the baby to be less active in the evening and at night.
Many pregnant women are not yet accustomed to their "interesting" position. They are also active, continue to work and engage in light physical exertion.
Sometimes the expectant mother is visited by gratuitous fears and excitement. To cope with a bad mood, it is recommended to listen to calm music, walk more and relax. For the crumbs in the tummy now any stresses and bursts of emotions are harmful. If you don’t cope with the problem on your own, you can visit a psychologist, with the help of which all thoughts will be “arranged on shelves”
At week 23, a pregnant woman is accompanied by feelings:
1. Pain throughout the body. The kid has grown enough and began to constantly aktivnichat. During his coups, the expectant mother may feel nagging or sharp pain in the lower abdomen. Unpleasant feelings disappear immediately after changing the position of the body. Already, there are periodic pains in the sacrum, the pubic symphysis. They are associated with the divergence of the bones.
2. Braxton-Hicks contractions. False uterine contractions can scare a pregnant woman at such an early date. Although in fact you should not worry about this - it is only the preparation of the organ for the upcoming birth.
3. Heaviness in the legs. The increased weight puts pressure on the legs, the usual shoes do not fit them because of the stretched ligaments of the foot. The contrast shower, special insoles for pregnant women and comfortable steady footwear can relieve tension. Due to the deterioration of blood circulation and under the influence of hormones, the walls of the veins in the legs relax, which leads to varicose vascular expansion.
In the middle of the fifth month of gestation can not get away from heartburn, increased pigmentation and rabid appetite.
Changes during pregnancy occur not only in appearance, but also the internal organs of the future mother.
By the 23rd week of gestation, the uterus had risen by 4 cm or 2 fingers above the navel. Its walls are periodically reduced, straining without pain for a few seconds and again returning to a relaxed state. This is an infrequent phenomenon and should not be accompanied by pain.
Note! If false contractions bother you more than 5 times per hour and are accompanied by unusual vaginal secretions, you should immediately see a doctor!
Accumulation of amniotic fluid to this date is completed.
The uterus increases in size and begins to exert pressure on the nearest organs. With its growth is associated with the appearance of trouble on the part of the digestive system: there is heartburn, nausea after a heavy meal, a feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
Suffering and excretory system. The uterus puts pressure on the bladder and the urge to urinate becomes constant.
The uterus puts pressure on the diaphragm. It becomes harder for the future mother to breathe and climb stairs. In an uncomfortable position, it is simply impossible to make an entrance with a full breast.
Belly and chest
The belly and chest by the 23rd week of gestation are noticeably increasing in size. A rounded tummy is visible even under loose clothing. It is time for the future mother to choose suitable clothes that will not put pressure on the uterus area.
The chest is gradually poured. The nipples increase in size and become darker, a clear band appears on the belly from navel to pubis, which will disappear after childbirth.
For the chest is to choose a comfortable underwear, preferably from natural fabric. The bra should be with a comfortable cup and thick straps to support the enlarged breasts.
Due to intensive growth, the first stretch marks appear on this period. The skin does not have time to evenly stretch and there are ugly stripes and scars on it. At 23 weeks gestation, you should start using creams and lotions to prevent striae.
Normal in the 23rd week of pregnancy are considered colorless, having a slightly sour milky smell of discharge without clots of mucus and blood streaks. They can be abundant, but should not cause anxiety - this is a natural process because of the hormonal adjustment of the female body.
During this period, the woman is attacked by thrush. Vaginal candidiasis is manifested by a cheesy discharge with an unpleasant, strongly pronounced sour odor. The disease is accompanied by a tooth and a burning sensation in the perineum.
At this time, many drugs for the treatment of fungal diseases are contraindicated, only a doctor can prescribe medications for gentle therapy or advise other ways of treating thrush.
Of particular danger are the discharge of pink, brown or mucous membranes with blood streaks or clots.
They talk about the danger: spontaneous abortion, miscarriage, placental abruption and other negative processes in organisms from the mother or fetus. This condition requires immediate medical intervention. Noticing such a selection, should immediately call for emergency assistance.
Changes in the body of the fetus
It is not only the maternal organism that is changing - the fetus inside the womb grows and develops intensively. Its weight is already 500 grams, height - about 30 centimeters. In size the crumb is like a big eggplant.
The movements of the unborn child are felt more and more - he still has enough space for coups, during their performance he touches the uterus walls with different parts of the body and the mother feels light shocks. The movement must be at least 10 during the day.
A sharp decrease or increase in the activity of the baby may indicate troubles with his condition.
Internal and external changes
What happens to an unborn baby in the 23rd week of pregnancy?
1. Fingers on hands and legs are extended, nail plates appear on them. The original fluff grows on the head.
2. At week 23, a spleen joins the blood formation process, which produces white blood cells and monocytes and sorts the red blood cells.
3. Open eyes, baby learns to distinguish between darkness and light. The hearing organs are already functioning, the child hears sounds and reacts to them.
4. The central nervous system continues to evolve. The brain from the second to the fifth month increased in volume by 10 times and weighs almost 100 grams. He is already showing activity similar to that of newborns. From week 23, pipsqueak can dream.
5.In the 5.5 months of intrauterine development, the respiratory system begins to work actively. Trying to make an entrance, the baby swallows water, which provokes the hiccups that mother feels in the form of light internal rhythmic jolts.
6. The liver and the thymus gland begins to work more actively,
7. End the formation of the digestive system. Opening the mouth, the child swallows up to 500 ml of amniotic fluid, which is then excreted by the excretory system. Particles of gun, mucus, epidermal scales fall into the children's intestines with amniotic fluid and are processed there into meconium, which is released after birth.
8. Under the skin layer accumulates brown fat. When there is a sufficient amount of it, the baby’s skin will become smooth. At week 23 shriveled, red skin. The fatty layer is important for heat exchange, it will not allow the crumbs to freeze.
9. Genital organs are formed and future parents can recognize the sex of the child by visiting the ultrasound scan. The boy has a developed scrotum, the girl has an ovary, in which more than a million eggs have already been laid.
The diet of the future mother
A pregnant woman continues to gain weight. Normally, the increase is from 5 to 7 kilograms. Excess weight gain does not bode well for the last months of pregnancy, so expectant mother should reconsider the principles of their diet.
Recommendations remain unchanged:
- eat more fresh vegetables and fruits
- increase the use of products containing calcium - cottage cheese, milk, cheese,
- salt is replaced by soy sauce,
- eat boiled and steamed foods, giving up fried, spicy and salty foods,
- do not give up boiled fish - there are a lot of substances necessary for the development of the brain in it.
Particular attention should be paid to products containing a sufficient amount of iron - liver, buckwheat, apples, beef, quail eggs. They should be consumed daily.
At 23 weeks of pregnancy from hard diets should refrain. If you are not able to build a full nutritional schedule on your own, contact a nutritionist for help. The specialist will write out a daily balanced menu according to your taste preferences.
Fluid intake should be strictly controlled, excessive drinking can cause edema. Drink purified or mineral water without gas, fresh juices and fruit drinks, compotes. Soda water should be discarded. Coffee and herbal teas should be drunk with caution and in limited quantities.
Ultrasound fetal development
Planned ultrasound is scheduled for 21 weeks. If this date was missed - pass the diagnosis at 23 weeks of gestation, it will be no less informative. Monitoring will show possible deviations in the development of the organs of the future child, its size, the amount of amniotic fluid, eliminate the threat of premature birth and spontaneous interruption of gestation.
23 week of pregnancy - ultrasound 3D ultrasound for 23 weeks of pregnancy ultrasound - 23 week of pregnancy
During the ultrasound examination, the specialist notes the size and parameters of the fetus, compares them with the normal values. The protocol includes data on the place of attachment of the placenta, the degree of its maturity, the length of the cervix.
At 5.5 months, the doctor may, at the request of the parents, name the sex of the child they expect. All movements and movements of the crumbs will be seen by the future mom and dad on the monitor.
At the 23rd week of pregnancy, we will use ultrasound tests and general tests of urine and blood. The results of the blood test are particularly important because they inform about possible iron deficiency anemia, low hemoglobin levels. At this period, an analysis of sugar. If the data obtained deviates from the norm, the doctor prescribes a special diet, after which the indicators will change.
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#1023 obstetric week is a time when a woman looks great. You didn’t have such thick and lush hair before, this high level of hormones contributed to the fact that now your hair has stopped falling out and growing faster.
Your skin has become very sensitive to ultraviolet (http://nedeli.org/ufo_in_pregnancy_medication-guide/), and if you sunbathe now, it will end with age spots, be careful. In general, you may notice an increase in skin pigmentation, nipples have become dark, a dark strip appeared on the tummy from the navel down and now, it is already quite bright.
http://nedeli.org/nausea_in_pregnancy_articles/ continues to disturb many expectant mothers. Its reason is that the enlarged uterus squeezes the biliary tract, interfering with normal digestion.
If you feel sick after eating, try to take the knee-elbow position, it will become easier. This position benefits your kidneys as well, urine flow improves.
Eating, for all these problems, should be more often, avoiding products that cause constipation and increase the secretion of gastric juice.
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 At 23 weeks of gestation, literally all women feel the movement. These are quite noticeable pushes and even hiccups of the fetus, they appear as rhythmic flinches in the stomach.
The fetus at week 23 can still move quite freely in the uterus, but its tumblers cause discomfort to mommy, as elbows and heels are clearly felt.
The weight of the child, on the 23rd week of the obstetric calendar, is about 520 grams, height is 28-30 cm.
The weight and height of the child can vary within fairly wide limits, and the longer the gestation period is, the more significant the children will be from each other. So, in one case, the weight of the infant, by the time of birth, may be only 2500 grams, and in the other - 4500 grams, and these are all variants of the norm.
A child in week 23 sleeps most of the day, waking up about once an hour. You can feel his periods of activity as a fetal movement. Must be at least 10 palpable jolts per day.
The central nervous system of the baby is so developed that now with the devices one can already register brain activity similar to that of newborns.
Fetal movements are becoming more coordinated, he can suck on his fingers for a long time, he can feel himself, the umbilical cord, the walls of the uterus. Ваш малыш сейчас всё ещё выглядит как «маленький сморщенный старичок, кожа красная и в складках, он очень худенький. Ручки и ножки тонкие, но пропорциональные, малыш уверенно удерживает эмбриональную позу, свернувшись клубочком – так ему удобнее.
Глазки уже открылись, он различает свет и тьму, реагирует на них. And he hears well, and what's more, he reacts to sounds, frightening and heightening activity during a sharp sound, and calming down, dying down during a tender conversation and stroking his tummy. At the embryonic period of 23 weeks, the development of the fetus is already on its way to the formation and debugging of the functions of the organs, all of which are considered to be formed.
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 In the 23rd week of gestation, the stomach has risen 3-4 cm above the navel, but for now it doesn’t bother you too much, at least you do it yourself.
However, of course, you already experience some discomfort, especially when you go to bed at night, it becomes more difficult to find a comfortable posture.
It is recommended to sleep on the left side, so the baby is easier to take the correct position, and the blood circulation in the placenta is optimal.
Analyzes and surveys
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 Screening for the second trimester is coming to an end, and ultrasound is prescribed for some women.
At this time, it is possible to assess the heartbeat, growth and weight of the fetus, its position in the uterus, the presence or absence of malformations, the amount of amniotic fluid, the location and degree of maturation of the placenta.
And of course, the sex of the child is also clearly visible on this ultrasound, they will tell you for sure whether you are waiting for the boy or the girl. The size of the fetus makes it possible to see his face, count the fingers on the arms and legs, assess the correctness of the development of the structures of the heart, brain and other organs.
Possible complaints and problems
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 At 23 weeks of pregnancy, discharge can be quite abundant, but if they are white, without itching and reddening of the genitals, there is no reason for concern.
You should be alarmed at the appearance of unusual secretions of greenish, brownish or watery properties. Many women in the position of severely hurt the loins, and if nothing is done, over time the pain will bother more and more. This is due to the ever-increasing load on your back.
It's time to buy a bandage, if you haven't done it yet, and don't forget about http://nedeli.org/gymnastics_for_pregnant_women_articles/.
If suddenly you experience regular abdominal pain, and the uterus comes to tone - it can be dangerous, consult your gynecologist. However, vague cramping irregular sensations, the so-called Braxton-Higgs contractions, can be a sign of a normal course of pregnancy. These are training fights, your organism already begins to prepare for childbirth.
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 Like any other, 23 week of embryonic development, stores its dangers, and the main one is the termination of pregnancy.
This usually happens due to insolvency of the cervix (cervical insufficiency).
The danger arises due to the fact that the amniotic tube prematurely penetrates the cervical canal, since it is not completely closed, it becomes infected and opens. When infection develops chorioamnionitis - inflammation of the fetal membranes.
Temperature, unusual, sometimes even brown discharge from the genital tract, abdominal pain - this is not a cold, everything is much more serious. If the stomach hurts - you need to see a doctor urgently.
http://nedeli.org/23_weeks_pregnant_articles/#10 You only have the 23rd week of the deadline, and you are already asked - Will you give birth soon? The tummy grows by leaps and bounds, and the gynecologist prescribes consultations for each week.
This is what your baby looks like at week 23
The brain of the baby has increased, the nerve connections in it are getting better, which requires the mother to go for a walk in the fresh air. About the lack of oxygen baby warn mom reinforced shocks. With the help of special devices, it is possible to register the activity of the brain. The kid begins to dream.
The eyes of the fetus are open, it distinguishes between light and darkness, reacts to them by changing behavior. Well he distinguishes between sounds, changing his behavior with sudden noises.
The digestive system is ready to perform its functions, the child constantly swallows the amniotic fluid, the liquid part of which splits into sugar and water and is absorbed in the intestine, and the flakes and fluff hair that have gotten into the water form meconium, which is normally removed only after delivery.
Uzi on the 23rd week of pregnancy
Week 23 refers to the screening period. If you did not have time to perform the second diagnostic ultrasound - now is the time.
At this time, if the baby is not very shy, you can determine who will be born soon. Sex characteristics are differentiated clearly.
But the purpose of ultrasound diagnosis this week is to exclude the pathology of the development of the fetus and pathology from the placenta. The physician must evaluate the position of the fetus in the uterus, its presentation.
The sizes, compliance of these sizes to the term of pregnancy. The internal organs are examined, the degree of their development, the ratio between them is assessed.
Calculation of respiratory movements, heart rate.
When examining the placenta, an assessment of its size, functional maturity, the presence of pathological inclusions in it, measurement of blood flow occurs.
The location of the placenta relative to the internal pharynx of the cervical canal (CK) is also evaluated, as well as the length of the cervix, the degree of disclosure of the CK.
What happens in your body at week 23?
The sensations that arise in the body of the future mother at week 23 can hardly be called pleasant. Sometimes heartburn occurs even at night, due to the effect of hormones on the sphincters and mechanical changes in the position of the stomach.
Constipation and bloating also appear due to the relaxing effect of hormones on muscle tissue, and are poorly corrected. Varicose veins of the lower extremities and genitals are caused by an increased load on the cardiovascular system as a whole.
Cramps in the calf muscles, especially at night, occur when there is insufficient calcium intake in the body.
The action of hormones on the skin leads to the appearance of age spots and excessive hair growth. Do not let this cloud your pregnancy. As a rule, after childbirth, everything passes without a trace.
There may be problems with the teeth, and again due to a lack of calcium - the baby has time before the mother to take calcium from the blood for their construction needs.
Your feelings on week 23
With a normal pregnancy, the woman feels relatively well. Sometimes she may be disturbed by Braxton Hicks contractions. These are training contractions of the uterus that are not accompanied by painful sensations and bleeding.
Perhaps the occurrence of pain in the uncomfortable position of the body of the child. The movements of the baby cause tension on the uterus ligaments and moderate pulling pains on the sides of the uterus.
There may be discomfort and uncomfortable position of the mother. For example, when resting on your back, dizziness and a feeling of lack of air appear - the uterus presses the abdominal aorta.
The pelvic bones, in preparation for childbirth, are moved apart, which can also cause pain.
Heaviness in the legs appears due to fluid retention in the body, edema of the tissue, in addition, the growing weight of the woman also adds weight to the extremities. To cope with this, help special insoles, salt-free diet, foot bath, the elevated position of the legs during rest.
Discharge from the genital tract
As with any period of pregnancy, discharge at week 23 can directly tell about the course of pregnancy. Normally, discharge is liquid, milky or transparent, without a sharp unpleasant odor.
Yellow, green, frothy, cheesy discharge directly indicates the presence of infection in the genital tract of a pregnant woman. With their presence, treatment should be started immediately to prevent infection of the placenta, amniotic fluid and fetus. Infection is the most common cause of termination of pregnancy at any time.
Transparent abundant odorless discharge is important not to be confused with leaking amniotic fluid. If the slightest suspicion arises, it is possible to perform a test for leakage of amniotic fluid.
Spotting may occur as an independent phenomenon or with pain. Brown discharge may indicate old placental abruption. Bright bloody discharge will lead to the idea of a recent detachment. As a rule, such discharge is preceded by an increase in the tone of the uterus. It makes no sense to remind you that these symptoms require an urgent visit to a doctor.
Photos tummies at week 23
At week 23, during a visit to the gynecologist, a general examination, measurement of abdominal circumference, and blood pressure is performed. The future mommy must be weighed to control the weight and timely detection of edema. Mandatory requirement is before the turnout to the doctor to pass a urine test. Only it is sometimes sufficient to monitor the state of the pregnant woman and the early detection of preeclampsia.
Risks at week 23
The risks remain the same: the cervix sometimes fails to withstand the growing weight of the child and begins to open (cervical insufficiency). The condition is corrected by suturing the neck or using a relieving pessary.
The child is still an alien object for the mother’s body and the reaction to it can proceed from the stage of early toxicosis to the stage of preeclampsia. This increases the pressure, swelling, kidneys can not cope with the load. Without the help of experts can not do - the state can end the death of the mother and baby.
Weight lifting and sudden movements should be avoided, they can lead to rupture of membranes and placental abruption.
Important on week 23
Limit physical exertion, especially related to weight lifting, load on the lower back, sharp movements. Explain to your family that it is difficult for you to cope with your previous duties and ask for help.
Do not forget, getting out of bed, put on a bandage, it will help protect the cervix from early disclosure, support the baby. Wearing a bandage is not recommended for mothers who have a baby in the wrong position. The bandage prevents the baby to change it and roll over.
Move more, do not spend a long time in one position, this complicates the flow of oxygen to the fetus and leads to hypoxia.
Meals at week 23
When eating, remember that you have several tasks:
- provide yourself and your baby with a full set of building materials, vitamins and microelements,
- avoid constipation
- prevent the development of hemorrhoids.
To cope immediately with all the problems will help vegetables, fruits, dairy products.
Mandatory in the diet are fish, meat, cereal, especially oatmeal and buckwheat.
You need to sleep at least eight hours a day. It would be nice to set aside an hour - another for an afternoon nap. Positively affect the health of walking in the fresh air, especially in the morning and before bedtime.
Sex is not prohibited, however, more caution and ingenuity are required from future parents in the selection of poses. Pressure on the stomach will certainly be avoided.
September 18, 2015
For the first 9 months of her life, the baby is in her mother's stomach, at first his movements seem to be something unusual, unusual, cosmic. Get used to the fact that someone is inside ...
Many women are interested in this question, since it is really quite difficult to do this in late periods or in multiple pregnancies. There are several reasons for this, firstly ...
Pregnancy itself brings a certain confusion in the life of the future mother. Immediately a lot of questions arise - what to wear, how much to sleep, where to rest? A separate question is ...
By 23 weeks the uterus of a woman increases in size and rises 4 cm above the umbilical. The female body is already pressing on the diaphragm, so at this time pregnant women may experience breathing problems. It is difficult to take a deep breath, breathing becomes shallow and intermittent.
In addition, in some cases, the appearance of uterine tone. It can be caused by various factors: lack of progesterone, severe toxicosis, Rh-conflict, inflammatory processes. In case of signs of hypertonic nematosis, urgent consultation of a doctor is required.
Recommendations for future mothers
- In the middle of the general term of pregnancy, many women develop pronounced edema. Especially strongly gets to legs and hands. To alleviate the condition, it is necessary to lie down in such a position that the legs are above the level of the body. This will help minimize swelling and remove unpleasant sensations.
- Frequent urination is a common occurrence and will have to be tolerated. Tolerate is not necessary, so you can only harm your health. In the toilet you need to go on the first urge. To rarely visit the ladies' room at night, before bedtime you need to restrict fluid intake.
- The end of the second trimester is a wonderful time when it is no longer nauseous, as in the early periods, and you feel hungry all the time. It is better not to run a weight issue: those extra pounds will not go away until the birth and make life difficult in the last weeks of pregnancy.
Do not miss the routine techniques at the gynecologist, who oversees the growth and development of the fetus. Time passed tests and completed studies will help monitor your and child's condition, correct it in a timely manner.
- It is better to avoid crowded places in the season of infectious diseases. At the stage of development of the internal organs of the baby, any illness caught by the mother can seriously affect his health.
- Sign up for courses for mothers and fathers, they can attend with her husband. Read the special literature, knowledge will be useful to you during childbirth and after them.
What happens at week 23
Your baby on this term continues its active development in the womb. From the previous week, its weight has increased by about 100 grams and is now around 4 50–500 g. The increase in growth is more modest - about one centimeter, that is, in general, the growth of the fetus should be approximately 28 cm
Such active weight gain baby due to the fact that during this period it accumulates subcutaneous fat. Its skin becomes more dense, not as transparent as before, but, nevertheless, so far it looks still reddish and shriveled, because the skin grows at a faster rate than fatty tissue, and therefore skin surplus hangs a little.
As for the very future mommy, then her figure at this point noticeably rounded. And even if the pregnancy can still be hidden behind wide and loose clothing, it is still not difficult to notice the interesting position, for example, by the changed gait.
Uterus a woman in the 23rd week of pregnancy is raised above the navel more than 3.5 centimeters. The height of this body above the pubis should be 23 centimeters. About the rate of this parameter, depending on the duration of pregnancy, read here. Accumulation of amniotic fluid is completed by this time.
Now the growing baby will experience some lack of space as it develops. His movements and pushes will become more and more tangible, but much less sweeping, but the grown fruit will not be able to turn over intensively and often.
Of great importance during this period is condition of amniotic fluidwhich throughout the entire period of pregnancy change their properties and functionality.
The amniotic fluid contains various biologically active substances (vitamins, hormones, free amino acids, etc.). Due to such a rich composition, amniotic fluid can take part in metabolic processes. In addition, it protects the fetus from injury.
Many expectant mothers around the 23rd week of pregnancy begin to notice that the baby has a daily routine. Now it is not difficult to track the phases of his sleep and wakefulness. All these changes please pregnant women, because there is nothing more pleasant for them than to feel and understand their own child, even if he has not yet been born.
Feelings women on week 23
In principle, the sixth month of pregnancy can be called the most favorable, because the debilitating toxicosis remained far behind, and before the birth there is still time to enjoy yourself and your unusual position.
In the normal course of pregnancy, a woman should feel good, but depending on the individual physiological characteristics, various phenomena may appear, including not very pleasant ones.
Of course, no expectant mother will be pleased with unwanted pigmentation of the skin or, for example, hemorrhoids, but it is important to remember that all these difficulties are temporary, they will pass after the birth of the baby.
Possible physical sensations
As already mentioned, week 23 can be different for each particular woman. For some, this time is really calm and cloudless, when you can have plenty of rest before future maternal cares, look after yourself, enjoying every minute of your position. And for someone this period of pregnancy can be overshadowed by various unpleasant sensations, among which are often found:
- Training bouts or Braxton Hicks contractions at week 23 may or may not be. In principle, this phenomenon is quite common, which manifests itself in the form of mild spasms in the uterus. You should not worry about this, training fights are absolutely normal, because they are an important part of preparation for future labor activity. Так, если беременная женщина положит руку на нижнюю часть живота, она может ощутить мышечные сокращения. Чем ближе роды, тем сильнее могут быть тренировочные схватки. О том, как отличить тренировочные схватки от настоящих, читайте здесь.
- Увеличение массы тела - the phenomenon is also quite natural, because the uterus of a pregnant woman continues to grow, and with it the amount of amniotic fluid increases, the placenta grows. Some women think that their stomach is too big or too small for a given period, but you shouldn’t panic, because each child develops differently. In addition, a little increased appetite may also affect body weight.
- Feeling of heaviness and pains in the legs at this time become more frequent. This is due primarily to an increase in the weight of the woman.
- Phlebeurysm it also appears very often by the 23rd week of pregnancy. This phenomenon is explained by the fact that the wall of the veins under the influence of hormones relaxes, and the outflow of blood is disturbed due to the uterus, which puts pressure on the veins located in the small pelvis. Read more about varicose veins here.
- Increase foot size a woman, as well as varicose veins, can occur due to a large load on the legs, as well as under the influence of the hormone relaxin, which weakens the ligaments. Because of this, subsidence of the arch of the foot may be observed, its bones diverge slightly, and the foot itself becomes flatter. Old shoes in this case may be small, so you have to buy a new, more spacious. It is also useful to wear special orthopedic insoles that can provide effective support for the arch of the foot.
- Hemorrhoids at week 23, a woman may experience a lot of inconvenience, especially if constipation begins to bother with this trouble. Because of this, there are characteristic pain, blood discharge during bowel movements, loss of nodes. As a rule, hemorrhoids disappear after childbirth, but sometimes special treatment may be required, which only a doctor should conduct.
- Skin sensitivity UV radiation often occurs in pregnant women due to high levels of hormones in the blood. So, lovers to take sun baths often get pigment spots instead of a pleasant tan. To this did not happen, be in the sun should be carefully and preferably in a wide-brimmed hat.
- Skin pigmentation most often expressed in the darkening of the nipples. Also, expectant mothers significantly darkens the path to the bottom of the navel.
- Nausea, which at this time is due to the fact that the enlarged uterus begins to put pressure on the biliary tract and somewhat disrupt the normal functioning of the digestive system. If nausea inevitably occurs after eating, experts advise to relieve the knee-elbow posture to relieve the condition. Being in this position also helps improve kidney function.
- Discharge from the genital tract in the sixth month can be called one of the indicators of a safe course of pregnancy. The nature of these secretions is always determined by the state of the microflora of the woman. Normal are those secretions that do not have an unpleasant odor, except that they are slightly sour, have a milky color and a uniform consistency. If the discharge starts to have a pathological nature (becomes too heavy, it smells bad, etc.), most likely the woman has an infection in her body. Immediate treatment to the doctor requires bleeding, which can signal the detachment of the placenta. Read about the nature of discharge during pregnancy here.
- Pains in an uncomfortable position, the body may appear in the lower back, sacrum, or abdomen. The baby is already very actively kicking and changing its position several times a day, which can cause nagging pain. In addition, a sharp pain may occur when the voltage of the ligaments of the uterus, but it will quickly pass if you change the position of the body to a more comfortable one.
- Heartburn - one of the most common complaints at week 23. This phenomenon is very common during pregnancy because sphincters relax between the stomach and the esophagus under the influence of hormones, which means that gastric juice can easily enter the esophagus. To avoid heartburn, experts advise you to stick to a special diet,
- Gait change and posture in the sixth month becomes very visible. Due to the divergence of the pelvic bones, the gait is made "duck", the shoulders more and more deviate, and the tummy, on the contrary, bulges forward.
As you can see, the 23 week gestation can be accompanied by a wide variety of sensations.
Moreover, only the most common symptoms are described above. However, even if some troubles have touched you, sometimes accompanying a pregnancy, or you just feel discomfort, try not to think about it, because very soon everything will pass, you just need to wait for the baby to be born.
Possible emotional experiences
At week 23, expectant mothers usually have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, every woman is excited about the fact that very soon she will have to perform in a completely new role for herself - the role of mother. But the appearance of a child is accompanied by certain changes in life that can be frightening, and the birth process itself causes jitters even for women who have already given birth. Moreover, absolutely all moms are worried about the health of their baby.
It should be noted that similar conflicting feelings absolutely natural. Often, at 23 weeks, future mothers experience mood swings, and these emotional drops will become sharper as the birth approaches.
During this period, a pregnant woman needs to share her feelings with loved ones. Discussing your own fears helps to get rid of them.
Emotionally, at week 23, it can be very helpful to communicate with other future moms who you can meet, for example, in your antenatal clinic. In addition, discussing your own emotions and feelings during pregnancy is much more pleasant with those who understand you completely.
Perhaps, the future mom will want to talk with other kids - the children of her friends and acquaintances, in order to get used to them a little. Often pregnant women have never met a single baby at all, so it’s quite natural that they have a fear that they will not cope with caring for a newborn. But even if other children will not cause any delight, do not worry about this, you will surely love your baby and become a wonderful mother to him.
The fact is that the maternal instinct, which forces a woman to take care of her own child, is awakened in the process of childbirth, at the sound of the voice of the newly born baby.
Reviews of women about week 23
It is impossible to underestimate the importance of every day when your future son or daughter grows and develops under your heart. For every pregnant woman this time is associated with anxiety, a feeling of pleasant anticipation and a little fear. Here are how some future mothers describe their feelings at week 23:
Marianne: “I am now at 23 weeks old, I feel just fine! But if earlier I didn’t even think about forthcoming births, now it’s getting worse every day, it’s still my first baby. I begin to think about partner births, but for the time being I cannot decide whether I really want my husband to be with me directly at the appearance of the baby and see it all with my own eyes. ”
Svetlana: “Now I feel my baby so clearly, I know all the tastes. For example, she just can't stand loud music, she starts kicking me with all her strength so that it really hurts me. And by the way, my stomach became visible to others only by week 23, before that, it was as if it had never existed at all. ”
Nelia: “Yesterday, my husband and I were in antenatal clinic for women, we learned that our son's height is already 30 centimeters, and he weighs as much as 480 grams. Now here we look at his photo, we think, who more like it. ”
Helena: “I just started week 23, but instead of moving much more actively, the baby calmed down completely. I am very worried if this is normal, it’s good that I have an appointment tomorrow. ”
Kseniya: “I, too, had it so that the baby practically did not move for two days. Frightened, I ran to the doctor, but she told me that there was no cause for concern. The thing is that the child has his own regime and, perhaps, at the time when I was waiting for some kind of activity from him, he just slept. ”
Vlada: “I started 23 weeks, and I finally fully realized that I was pregnant. It became difficult to walk, it was impossible to lie on your stomach. I feel constant drowsiness and some kind of passivity. I also became very lazy, sometimes I can’t force myself to rise and, for example, tidy up an apartment or make tea. ”
Irina: “But I haven’t been sleeping on my stomach for almost two months now, and this was the most comfortable posture for me! It seems to be 23 weeks - not such a long time, but my stomach is huge. Yes, and my weight gain of almost 8 kilograms worries me a lot. ”
Elmira: “I became very tired. Now it is difficult to climb the stairs to the third floor. But the baby in the stomach constantly moves and responds to my touch. We are already thinking about the name for my son. ”
Evgenia: “My baby is also actively kicking! It is a pity that the ultrasound is not clear who we will have. By week 23 I began to feel a little heaviness in my legs and even noticed the first signs of varicose veins, now I’m worried about this. I heard that there is some kind of special compression garments and tights, and at the next appointment with the doctor I will find out if I can wear these. ”
Fetal development at 23 weeks gestation
The diameter of the baby’s head at this point becomes approximately 53.6 millimeters, the breasts 56.5 millimeters, and the tummy 57.6 millimeters. The thickness of the placenta during this period should be 24.5 millimeters.
Now, with an increase in the duration of pregnancy, the indicators of weight and height of babies will increasingly vary, because each child is individual and develops in its own way. As a result, by the beginning of labor, the weight of the fetus can be 25 00–450 0 grams.
Fetal movements at week 23 are felt by absolutely all pregnant women. As a rule, baby movements are becoming more rhythmic and coordinated. The fetus can still turn inside the uterus, but since the free space becomes less and less, these tumbling can give the woman significant discomfort and even pain. Mom can quite clearly feel the child's body parts: his heels, ass, elbows, etc.
At week 23, all vital systems of the child continue their development.
In particular, the following changes occur to him:
- Going on fat growth, although so far the skin of the baby looks reddish and wrinkled. As already mentioned, the wrinkled skin is caused by the fact that the accumulation of fat occurs at a slower pace than the growth of the skin. The redness of the skin is given by special pigments, which make it not too transparent.
- The mode is being established baby Now mom can trace some regularity when the baby is asleep and when awake.
- Coordination improves movements, which is especially clearly seen with ultrasound. Baby shocks are still quite soft, but already very confident and clear. Through endoscopy of the fetus, you can clearly see how a tiny creature grabs the umbilical cord with its handles and repels it in the amniotic fluid.
- Digestive system already well developed. At week 23, a fetus can swallow about 500 grams of amniotic fluid. Since there are floating particles of the epidermis, fluff hairs, fragments of protective lubricant, etc., the child swallows them too. The liquid is then absorbed into the bloodstream, and meconium remains in the intestine, the original feces of a dark olive color. It is formed during the entire second half of pregnancy, and sometimes it can start to stand out even in the womb, falling into the amniotic fluid. If this happens, there is a risk of developing various diseases in the baby, since normally meconium should be allocated only after birth.
- Continues his active development central nervous system. So, with the help of specialized medical technology, it is already possible to fix and observe brain activity, which is very similar to the brain activity of an already born baby and even an adult.
- Open eyes. As a rule, just in time for week 23, the baby opens the eyelids and begins to distinguish between darkness and light, and also to react appropriately to them. In addition, the ear is actively developing. The child clearly hears sounds, mother's voice, music, etc. So, it can be noted that its activity is enhanced with a sharp noise, and with calm, gentle conversations, on the contrary, it calms down.
- Stormy developing respiratory system fetus. Alveoli are formed in the baby’s lungs and begin to produce a surfactant, a special substance that prevents lung collapse after the first breath.
As can be seen, the fetus at week 23 is already quite developed.
He knows how to sleep and stay awake, drink and eat, suck a finger and empty his bladder. So, the baby "breathes" with a frequency of about 60 times per minute, urinates several times a day and pushes his mother approximately once every ten minutes.
On face the eyebrows begin to appear, cilia grow on the eyelids. If the boy is in the womb, then at this time his testicles begin to descend from the abdominal cavity.
There is one interesting research scientists, which allowed to establish that during this period, the baby, being in the womb, is already starts to seedreams. The child sleeps most of the day, but not continuously. Periods of short-term wakefulness alternate with sleep phases that last about 60 minutes.
Photo ultrasound fetus
Photo 3D fetal ultrasound 23 weeks of pregnancy:
Usually during scheduled visits to a maternity clinic. on the 23rd week of pregnancy The woman takes the following laboratory tests:
- urine and blood count
- blood chemistry,
- if necessary, re-analysis of genital infections.
In urine analysis infectious processes are detected, if suddenly they are in the body. This study also reveals the presence of serious deviations that occur, for example, with an increased level of sugar or protein.
Blood test It provides an opportunity to assess the level of hemoglobin, glucose, platelets, leukocytes and red blood cells. Using this analysis can reveal anemia, which becomes the cause of oxygen starvation of the fetus.
Ultrasound in the 23rd week of pregnancy
At week 23, it is imperative to conduct a second planned ultrasound examination, if it has not yet been done. This study allows a specialist to carefully examine the fetus for possible malformations. The circumference of the baby’s head, chest and abdomen is also measured, and the size of the limbs is also noted. In addition, the ultrasound marks the size of the uterus and the diameter of the blood vessels feeding it. Maturity and location of the placenta are evaluated.
However, the most expected information that can be obtained from the results of this ultrasound is the sex of the future baby. One can understand who will be born in about 90% of cases; in the remaining 10%, the baby “hides” from curious parents. However, sometimes in the course of this study, it is possible to obtain not reliable information, when in the course of the third planned ultrasound investigation it suddenly becomes clear that instead of the promised boy there will be a girl.
In order to prevent the development of various unpleasant symptoms, which are frequent companions of the second half of pregnancy, as well as to alleviate their health, if they were not avoided, women are advised to:
- move more and try not to sit too long, as a lack of activity leads to stagnation in the pelvis and legs,
- if professional activity implies being in a sitting position for a long time, it is necessary to periodically get up from the workplace and warm up, just walking around the room,
- The work chair should have comfortable armrests, a solid seat and a straight back,
- To avoid hemorrhoids or to ease the course of an already emerging disease, several times a day, you need to rest lying on your side - this will help relieve veins in the pelvic area. Also, do not forget about nutrition, which in this case should also be special.
In the 23rd week of pregnancy, certain restrictions appear that must be observed in the sexual sphere. Yes, and future mothers themselves are often afraid that sex can harm the baby.
Of course, completely refuse to have sex, especially if the woman herself wants intimacy, because so she receives positive emotions, which are then transmitted to the baby. But the choice of positions for this occupation becomes very limited, and the process itself should be carried out very carefully. Read about safe for pregnant sexual positions here.
In general, it can be said without exaggeration that the sixth month of pregnancy is the happiest time. Perhaps it is time to think about the name of the unborn baby. An excellent help with this is the name dictionary, which also explains what each name means.
Despite the fact that the stomach has already changed the pace of pregnancy, there is no former lightness and relaxation, the woman should move more. Это противоречие вполнеоправдано: чем выше физическая активностьво время беременности, тем легче онапротекает и тем более подготовленнойподходит к родам будущая мама.
Вовремя беременности можно заняться:
- Yoga - special sections for pregnant women allow you to maintain muscles in a tightened state and to train breathing,
- aqua aerobics - water activities that have a firming and relaxing effect,
- fitness in the gym (treadmills, exercise bikes) with minimal exercise.
For those who do not like to visit crowded places for fitness, doctors recommend how to spend more time on fresh air. It is necessary to walk every day and as long as possible (as far as the condition of the pregnant woman is concerned). Such walks will help a woman to remain in vonus and not gain extra pounds, because by the middle of pregnancy, overweight becomes a serious problem.
Intimate life at 23 weeks of pregnancy
The doctor can impose a ban on sexual life, if there is a threat of interruption of pregnancy. Intimacy in such a case can aggravate the situation and make it completely irreparable. Only after a woman undergoes a course of treatment, and the risk of miscarriage is reduced to zero, can the gynecologist be able to give permission for the resumption of sex relations.
Contraindications for intimacy may be multiple pregnancy, miscarriages in the past, low placenta position, infectious diseases. If there is not one of these reasons, then restrictions in intimate life are not imposed.
Required studies and analyzes
A pregnant woman has already managed to undergo two screenings, which include an ultrasound study and a triple test (for hormones HCG and estriol, for beloalfa-fetoprotein).
At week 23, the future mother has to pass a standard set of studies, with which she no longer has to deal with earlier cycles.
We are talking about tests that are taken immediately before the reception of a gynecologist:
- general blood analysis,
- general urine analysis,
- blood test for sugar.
Each of the above types of research allows you to monitor the health status of the pregnant woman, to detect the presence or exacerbation of chronic diseases at an early stage. According to a blood test, the doctor determines the level of hemoglobin: a low or high level is a warning sign and requires medical treatment. Analysis of urine allows you to identify and prevent the development of urinary infections.
Directly at the reception of the gynecologist of the future mother is to undergo measurements of weight, arterial pressure, height of the bottom of the uterus, volume of the abdomen. In addition, the doctor listens with the help of a special tube with the heartbeat of the baby.
A gynecologist can prescribe an ultrasound scan for a 23 week gestation. Such a study will be unscheduled, it is prescribed to go strictly for show. That is, if the gynecologist does not like the test results of the future mother or the woman herself complains about her well-being, then the ultrasound method will become the very means that will dot the “and” and help you make an accurate diagnosis.
Pregnancy calendar, 23 week of pregnancy
The second trimester is in full swing, the gestation period is 23 weeks, and it’s time for the expectant mother to think about the baby’s name. Surely during a planned ultrasound at 20 weeks you were told who lives in the tummy.
Try to talk more with the baby, gently stroking while the tummy. The child feels and hears everything, and such “conversations” with his mother soothe him. According to statistics, scientists have confirmed that children, who were often spoken during their intrauterine development, are born calm and cry less.
Changes in the body of a woman
By the 23rd week of embryonic term, the expectant mother can note that the condition of her nails and hair has improved significantly. It's all about the hormones that are actively produced by the female body.
Some future moms at this stage of pregnancy may appear pigmented spots in the temples, forehead and wings of the nose, while others, on the contrary, the skin of the face is significantly cleansed and shines with health. Both manifestations are due to the amount of hormones produced during the period of gestation and the individual characteristics of the woman’s body.
At week 23, stretch marks may appear on the skin of the future mother. The skin loses its elasticity, begins to peel off.
In order to avoid these unpleasant phenomena, carefully take care of your body: daily after a shower, perform a light massage of the skin with some oil, you can use special oil for expectant mothers (sold in a pharmacy) or ordinary olive oil, which not only softens the skin, but also nourishes her vitamin E.
23 obstetric week of pregnancy and, many expectant mothers note that in the evening the legs begin to swell and hurt, so-called spider veins may appear. Unfortunately, these signs are often the first clinical symptom of varicose veins.
This pathology occurs in expectant mothers as a result of stagnation of blood in the vessels of the lower extremities, due to the pressure of the growing uterus on the major pelvic vessels. Varicose veins can be observed in the anus, and then the expectant mother has the unpleasant phenomenon of hemorrhoids.
At week 23, a woman complains of tingling pain in the anus, a burning sensation and a feeling of pressure when the veins of the rectum are dilated.
As a result, the growth of the uterus is compressed and the bladder because of what the expectant mother is more often than usual experiencing the urge to urinate.
Unpleasant effects in the body
At this stage of gestation, the expectant mother may develop cramps in the gastrocnemius muscles, arising mainly at night. As a rule, this unpleasant phenomenon is due to the lack of important trace elements such as calcium and magnesium.
Increasing the content of these trace elements in the body can be achieved through nutritional correction: include more fermented milk products, hard cheese, milk, bananas, dried apricots, dates in the diet.
If the cramps do not disappear, then consult a doctor, perhaps the gynecologist will prescribe calcium and magnesium preparations to you.
An unpleasant companion of this period of pregnancy is the appearance of pain in the lower back and the coccyx. This is due to the increased load on the spine as a result of active growth of the uterus. In order to reduce pain in the back a bit, the expectant mother should change her usual shoes to comfortable ones. Preference is given to models on a flat sole or shoes with a steady low and wide heel.
With an abrupt change in the position of the body, the future mother may have abdominal pain, but they are no longer as dangerous as in the first trimester and are caused simply by muscle spasms. To avoid unpleasant events pregnant should not make sudden movements, get out of bed smoothly, so as not to provoke muscle spasms.
Uterus on this term
By the 23rd week of pregnancy, the height of the uterus bottom is up to 4 cm above the navel.
As a rule, at this time, the expectant mother has her first training bouts: the uterus painlessly tenses for a few seconds, after which it comes back to norm.
Such training phenomena can be observed several times a day, so the future mother's body prepares for childbirth. Important: if training contractions occur up to 5-6 times per hour and increase, then you need to call an ambulance!
The stomach on the 23rd week of pregnancy was noticeably rounded and it could not be hidden under the clothes. As a result of the intensive growth of the uterus, expectant mothers may experience pain in the area of the symphysis.
It is very important to talk about the pain to the gynecologist in order to differentiate the physiological discrepancy of the pelvic bones from the symphysitis - inflammation of the pubic symphysis.
This disease most often occurs in re-giving birth to women or expectant mothers who are rapidly gaining weight.
Frequent problems of the second trimester are unpleasant phenomena on the part of the digestive system. Future mother may worry about heartburn, belching, a feeling of heaviness after meals.
These phenomena can be the cause of compression of the internal organs of the growing uterus or the result of exacerbation of existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. To prevent nausea and heartburn after eating, the expectant mother should eat small meals and often.
The number of meals per day should be at least 5-6 times. It is also very important what constitutes the diet of the future mother: fried, spicy and fatty foods will have to be abandoned.
Many expectant mothers are concerned about the question whether it is possible to continue to have sex with their spouse as the duration of pregnancy and the size of the abdomen increases. In the absence of absolute contraindications, intimate relationships can continue up to the birth itself. The absolute contraindications to sexual relations during pregnancy are:
- bleeding from the external genital tract of unknown etiology,
- partial placental abruption,
- full placenta previa,
Required examinations and analyzes
At the 23rd obstetric week of pregnancy, a planned ultrasound can be given to the expectant mother. This study is necessary to identify existing fetal malformations and eliminate the threat of termination of pregnancy.
During the study, the doctor assesses the size and parameters of the fetus, their compliance with the period of gestation. Be sure to note the place of localization and attachment of the placenta and the length of the cervix.
Short cervix in the 23rd week of pregnancy is a sign of the threat of premature birth and is the reason for the immediate hospitalization of the expectant mother.
The shortening of the cervix may signal the development of isthmic-cervical insufficiency.
At a certain position of the fetus in the uterus specialist can show and tell parents who they expect.
Mandatory tests on the 23 week of embryonic period are a general study of blood and urine. The study of the blood test makes it possible to judge the presence in the body of the future mother of iron deficiency anemia, which is a frequent companion of this period.
A lot of important research is to determine the level of glucose in the blood: an increase in performance may indicate the presence of a latent form of diabetes mellitus in pregnant women. To confirm or exclude this diagnosis, the expectant mother is assigned a glucose-tolerant test.
Of course, every woman wants to safely endure and give birth to a healthy child, but sometimes for various reasons, it is impossible to do this without medical help. 23 week of embryonic period is fraught with one of the most dangerous pathologies - isthmic-cervical insufficiency (ICN).
ICN is a pathology caused by weakening of the muscles of the cervix, as a result of which it begins to shorten and open. When medical care is not provided in time, the baby cannot be saved, since the fetus is born much earlier than it should be.
Predisposing factors for the development of this pathology are:
- numerous abortions in the past,
- anatomical defects of the uterus and its underdevelopment,
- cervical injuries sustained during severe previous labor or during diagnostic procedures,
The treatment of this pathology in most cases is surgical. The expectant mother is stitched to the cervix (pessary), thanks to which she can safely carry the baby up to 38 weeks. This procedure is advisable to carry out at about 17 - 20 weeks of pregnancy, but no later than 28 weeks.
The future mother should understand that the success of the treatment of this pathology largely depends on herself. Avoid sudden movements, abandon sexual relations, limit all physical and emotional stress as much as possible, try to rest more. Carrying out all the recommendations of the gynecologist, the future mother is quite successfully carrying the baby before the due date!