Postcoital cystitis in women is one of the most controversial diseases. It is characterized by the occurrence of painful sensations 1-2 days after intercourse. Recognize the pathology can be by increasing discomfort, frequent urge to urinate, a feeling of constriction in the lower abdomen. Treatment of cystitis after sex has a lot of features, because a standard antibiotic can only relieve pain until the next sexual intercourse. The cause of discomfort in most cases are the anatomical features of the structure of the penis.
Postcoital cystitis is a phenomenon that occurs in 2% of women. Usually the reasons for its appearance are in the following factors:
- Genitourinary anomaly - the urethra may be too mobile or displaced. During sexual intercourse, the urethra may become irritated, resulting in injury to the mucous membrane. Through such damage enter the body of bacteria that cause pathology.
- Lack of hygiene during alternation of vaginal and anal sex - intestinal sticks can cause the development of inflammation.
- Long intercourse or insufficient lubrication - increased dryness leads to tissue damage, which is why bacteria begin to penetrate the bladder and divide rapidly.
- Transmission of infection from a partner - during intercourse, the mucous membrane of the penis is transferred into the vagina, and then penetrates the urethra.
- STDs - sexually transmitted diseases are also a cause of post-coital cystitis.
The first symptoms of post-coital cystitis appear some time after sex. The main features are as follows:
- When urinating appear strong cracks.
- Increased desire to constantly urinate.
- During urination, a small amount of urine is secreted.
- Constant feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen.
- The appearance of impurities of pus and blood in the urine.
In most cases, the first signs of postcoital cystitis appear 24-48 hours after sexual intercourse.
Diagnosis of postcoital cystitis is not much different from the standard inflammation of the bladder. The pathology is determined according to the following scheme:
- History taking is very important to interview the patient to determine when and in which case discomfort occurs.
- Examination on the gynecological chair.
- General and biochemical analysis of blood.
- Bacteriological blood culture.
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder.
With the timely diagnosis of postcoital cystitis, the treatment of this pathology does not have any difficulties. It will be possible to get rid of the discomfort with the help of a standard scheme that includes the technique:
- Antibiotics - get rid of the inflammatory process caused by bacterial infection. The most commonly prescribed are Monural, Amoxicillin, Nitroxoline. It is necessary to take medicines strictly after prescription of a doctor. It is forbidden to skip or alternate drugs on your own. After therapy, it is necessary to take medications to restore microflora.
- Antimycotics - allow you to suppress the inflammatory process caused by fungal infection. The most commonly prescribed medications are Ketocanazole and Fluconazole.
- Antiviral agents - relieve from postcoital cystitis caused by viruses. Here you can help drugs Amiksin, Viferon or Kipferon. Reviews of these drugs you can easily find on the network.
- Immunomodulatory drugs - increase the protective ability of the body, so that it is more actively fighting against pathology.
If the drug therapy does not bring any result for a long time, instillation is carried out. This procedure consists in the introduction of a special drug into the cavity of the bladder. This allows in a short time to get rid of pathogens on its walls.
Traditional methods of treatment
The use of methods of traditional medicine is permissible only in the initial stages of post-coital cystitis. It is best to consult with your doctor in advance. The most popular recipes against this pathology are:
- Acceptance of cranberry juice - take a tablespoon of cranberry jam in a glass of water, mix thoroughly and take it 3 liters per day.
- Warming up - take a regular basin or bucket, pour any herbal decoction into it, and then sit on top.
- Douching soda solution - for this you need to dissolve a tablespoon of powder in 1 liter of water.
- Washing away with a decoction of nettle and chamomile - mix these herbs in equal proportions, take a tablespoon per 1 liter of water and brew. After cooling, use for the treatment of the penis.
The application of traditional medicine methods will help to cure postcoital cystitis exclusively in the initial stages.
Transposition of the urethra
The occurrence of post-coital cystitis may be caused by the features of the anatomical structure. Then the inflammatory processes occur after each sex. Get rid of them will be one way - surgical. Only surgery will stop pathogens from entering the bladder or urethra.
Transposition of the urethra - a method that allows you to get rid of pain forever. The operation refers to reconstructive plastic surgery. The intervention is carried out only in case of chronic cystitis. During the operation, a specialist excises a part of the urethra, and also displaces it in the direction of the clitoris. All manipulations are performed under general or local anesthesia. Despite complete safety, transposition has a number of contraindications:
- Exacerbation of thrush.
- Acute inflammation of the vagina or urinary tract.
- Lack of childbirth.
With the right approach to treatment, post-coital cystitis cannot lead to complications. However, with prolonged neglect of the pathology, a woman may experience endometritis, vaginosis, thrush, inflammatory processes in the uterus and appendages. This can cause reproductive impairment.
To avoid possible complications, it is necessary to consult a doctor when the first signs of discomfort appear.
Sex during treatment - is it possible?
In most cases, postcoital cystitis therapy requires the use of antibiotics. They adversely affect the state of the microflora, because of which the risk of spreading bacteria increases significantly. They also irritate the mucous membranes. Having sex can lead to an increase in all negative symptoms, which reduce the rate of recovery of the body. Doctors recommend postponing sexual intimacy until the end of treatment, so as not to provoke the occurrence of complications.
With proper adherence to the prevention of post-coital cystitis, you will be able to reduce the risk of this disease to almost zero. The recommendations are as follows:
- Use a condom - it will help you protect yourself from most diseases.
- Do not forget to wash away after and before sexual contact - this will help kill opportunistic bacteria.
- Avoid alternating anal and vaginal sex.
- Sex in the missionary position increases the risk of cystitis after sex - try to avoid it.
- Use a lubricant that will help prevent mucosal damage.
- Empty your bladder before intimacy.
- Stop using contraceptives with spermicides - they violate the natural microflora.
The treatment of postcoital cystitis requires the determination of an individual therapy regimen, which also includes the use of immunostimulating drugs. In the initial stages of treatment is allowed folk methods of exposure.
The causes of cystitis immediately after intimacy are related to the fact that the urethra of women is short and wide. Due to this, bacteria easily enter the urinary canals and bladder, beginning to actively multiply and cause irritation. The main causes of cystitis after sex include the following:
- With prolonged and active sexual intercourse, especially if it is accompanied by an insufficient amount of lubricant, rubbing of the genitals and, accordingly, the urethra occurs. This provokes the occurrence of microcracks and further infection.
- Infection can also occur due to the vital activity of such microorganisms that cause venereal diseases, such as trichomonas, mycoplasmas or chlamydia.
- Abnormal zones in the organs of the urogenital system, resulting from the anatomical features of the organism. In this case, the infection will contribute to the displacement of the outer part of the urethra into the vagina, or its mobility. Most often during sex with this structure, the urethra is damaged, and women suffer from a chronic form of post-coital inflammation.
- Defloration. When the chaff ruptures, the urethra is subject to injury, as a result, the mucous membrane is not able to fully protect itself from the occurrence of the conditionally pathogenic zone. Also, do not forget that in any case, the first sexual intercourse for a partner will mean a decrease in local immunity, namely in the urinary canal and vagina.
- Cystitis after intimacy can be triggered by a combination of anal and vaginal sex. This is due to the possible entry of Escherichia coli from the anus into the urethra. The same can happen when personal hygiene is not followed.
- If the couple uses a spermicidal cream, it can also provoke infection due to damage to the mucous membrane, which occurs as a result of the detrimental effect of the components of this tool.
- Penetration of harmful microorganisms from the vagina, if a woman has any gynecological diseases.
Note! Sex can not be called a direct cause of cystitis. It can be a factor that will facilitate the launch of pathological processes.
In the main risk group are girls who have never entered into intimacy with a partner. But women who often change men, have unprotected sex or very rarely during menopause, as well as those who already have inflammatory processes in the vagina, are in no less danger.
Symptoms of postcoital cystitis
To protect yourself from the treatment of cystitis after intimacy, it is enough to know the reasons for its occurrence and follow all the rules. But if a woman still has symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor. Manifestations of pathology may be as follows:
- pain in the pelvic area,
- sleep disturbance,
- increased urge
- general weakness
- high temperature
- after emptying the bladder a woman has a burning sensation and pain sensations of varying degrees of intensity,
- blood may appear in urine. Often it can be noticed at the end of the emptying process.
These symptoms are often manifested in women who have begun to have an active sex life. They can appear immediately or after a few days. In the risk zone are also girls with a permanent sexual partner. If there were any abnormalities, it is recommended to consult a doctor for both partners.
Treatment of the disease
Therapy after accurate determination of the disease is reduced to the use of antibacterial agents and doctor's recommendations regarding a healthy lifestyle. If complications are noticed, surgery may be required, but this is extremely rare. Also, surgical intervention will be relevant if a woman has been found abnormal areas in the urogenital system, which constantly lead to postcoital cystitis.
The success of the operation will depend on how closely the vagina and urethra are located as a result of its operation. Hospitalization may not be necessary, often everything happens on an outpatient basis. In the process of surgery, the specialist slightly raises the opening for urine output, this process is called urethral transposition. The channel will be located closer to the clitoris to eliminate excessive mobility.
In other cases, it is advisable to use effective tablets for cystitis. The first benefit is shown already in 2-4 days, and the full course of therapy usually does not last more than 1 week. It is very important not to interrupt the treatment, as this may provoke complications.
To effectively combat cystitis, doctors often use the following medications:
- Furamag. This drug is popular because it does not have a large number of side effects and is more benign for the woman's body due to low toxicity. The course of treatment in this case can last up to 10-11 days.
- Monural It is used if it is necessary to use an antibacterial agent with a wide spectrum of action. Drink it once, before going to bed. Increases the dose only the doctor, if necessary. Take the drug at bedtime, it will increase the effect.
- Protorgol. This medicine is used for urea installations. The tool is able to quickly deal with harmful bacteria and remove the inflammatory process. Keeping this medication is not done at home, since patients do not have special skills and conditions for this. The drug must be injected directly into the bladder, eliminating it from urine, so the procedure is carried out only by a specialist.
Causes and mechanism of development
Postcoital cystitis is not sexually transmitted. But an intimate relationship is a factor that triggers the pathological process. The mechanism of development of postcoital inflammation of the bladder is due to the introduction of conditionally pathogenic and harmful bacteria on the mucous membrane of the organ. Infection enters the urethra cavity in an ascending way - from the external genital organs. After introduction, the microbial flora multiplies rapidly, causing an acute or sluggish inflammatory process.
Cystitis after sexual contact occurs for a number of reasons. In women, the anatomical structure of the urinary organs predisposes to the development of the disease - a wide and shortened urethra weakly protects the bladder from infection. The male urethra is long and sinuous, so the ingress of pathogenic flora into the bladder cavity is difficult.
For other reasons for the development of the disease include:
- Sexually transmitted diseases. For chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, gonorrhea increases the likelihood of inflammation of the bladder.
- Gynecological diseases. The presence of female genital candidiasis, bacterial vaginosis, colpitis, endometritis poses a threat to infection of the bladder.
- E. coli in the urethra due to lack of personal hygiene. If after sexual intercourse, especially when combining anal and vaginal sex, the genitals do not wash - pathogenic flora easily enters the urethra, causing inflammation.
- Improper use of contraceptives or frequent use of spermicidal suppositories and creams leads to injury to the urinary tract. Conditionally pathogenic microbes penetrate the bladder cavity more quickly through microdamages.
Cystitis after intimacy often occurs due to prolonged or gross sexual intercourse. The lack of natural lubrication of the genital tract also predisposes to the appearance of microcracks in the genitals and in the urethra. The abnormal structure of the female urogenital organs increases the risk of inflammatory processes. If the external opening of the urethra is displaced inside the vagina (dystopia) - the urethra is rubbed during intimacy and damaged.
Symptoms of the inflammatory process
The clinical manifestations of post-coital cystitis are non-specific and similar to the symptoms of banal bladder inflammation. But in the case of post-coital inflammation, warning signs develop only after intimacy:
- Pain syndrome. The pains of a pulling nature are localized in the lower abdomen and in the lumbar region, may be constant or periodic.
- Soreness and discomfort during an intimate relationship.
- Disorder urination. The urge to urinate is increasing, especially at night (nocturia), or may be of a false character. Urine is excreted in scanty portions, at the end of urination there is a burning sensation.
- Feeling of inadequate emptying of the urea.
- Change the color and smell of urine. It loses its transparency, acquires an unpleasant smell, in severe cases there is an admixture of blood and pus.
- The deterioration of the general condition in the form of weakness, temperature increase.
Diagnosis of suspected postcoital inflammation is complex. At the initial stage, the doctor (urologist or gynecologist) talks about complaints and examines the genitals. Laboratory tests (blood and urine) are required. According to the results obtained - high leukocytes, protein, red blood cells - it is possible to confirm the course of inflammation and its activity, periods of limitation.
Urine biopsy is an informative procedure to determine the presence and composition of pathogenic microflora in the bladder. According to the results of bakposev, adequate treatment is selected in the future. Female representatives must take biomaterials from the vagina for the presence of venereal and gynecological pathologies. Men take a smear from the urethra.
Other diagnostic procedures include:
- Cystoscopy. It is indicated for recurrent post-coital inflammation of the bladder to assess the condition of the mucous membrane.
- Ultrasound of the bladder, kidneys and pelvic organs.
Treatment of pathology is important to start as early as possible, otherwise the risk of developing complications such as pyelonephritis, infertility and psychological fear of intimacy increases. Therapy of post-coital inflammation of the bladder is reduced to the elimination of provoking factors, relief of inflammation. For recovery, it is enough to undergo a course of drug treatment and adjust lifestyle.
Drug treatment includes:
- Antibacterial drugs (if inflammation is triggered by bacteria) - Monural, Furazolidone, Furamag, Nolitsin. Antibiotics are often prescribed before receiving the results of the survey.
- Antiviral drugs (if inflammation of a viral nature) - Genferon, Interferon, Cycloferon. Additionally, antiviral medications help strengthen general and local immunity.
- Painkillers and antispasmodics (for relieving pain syndrome) - Drotaverin, Analgin, Ibuprofen.
- Uroseptics (to relieve inflammation in the bladder and restore the urinary system) - Fitolysin, Canefron, Urolesan.
- Antifungal agents (to combat fungal infection) - Flucostat, Pimafucin, Nystatin.
- Complex vitamin preparations - Alphabet, Vitrum.
If post-coital cystitis is of a chronic recurrent nature, instillations with antiseptics are used. Protargol has proven itself as a solution. Instillation of the bladder Protargol spend on an outpatient basis, using a catheter. For full recovery, instillations are administered in a course of 10 days, in conjunction with the main treatment.
Drug treatment of the disease takes 5-7 days. But drugs with immunomodulatory effects and vitamin complexes are prescribed for a long time, up to a month. During the treatment of sexual intercourse it is better to abstain. If inflammation of the bladder is of an infectious nature, both partners must be treated.
Surgical intervention in the fight against post-coital inflammation of the urea is indicated in the presence of abnormalities in the location of the urethra. In such a case, the urethra is transposed. During the procedure, the external opening of the urinary canal is shifted upwards and sutured. Transposition of the urethra does not require hospitalization and is carried out on an outpatient basis.
Diet and traditional medicine
Correction of the diet with post-coital inflammation of the bladder allows you to speed up the healing process and normalize the work of the urinary organs. Recommendations for the organization of the diet:
- Increase the volume of fluid intake to 2 liters and more. Alkaline mineral water, sour fruit drinks and juices, cowberry or chamomile herbal teas are used for drinking.
- Introduction to the diet of vegetables, fruits and berries with a diuretic effect - cucumbers, watermelons, parsley.
- Restriction in the diet of refractory animals fat, sweets and spicy foods.
The basis of the diet should be freshly prepared food, without preservatives and additives - vegetable soups and mashed potatoes, vegetable or fruit salads, cereals, meat and fish low-fat varieties, dairy products. Food is prepared with a minimum amount of salt.
Popular recipes are very popular in the treatment of the disease. Their use is permitted only in the absence of contraindications and with the approval of the attending physician. Traditional methods of treatment are always used as an addition to the main therapy. To cure the inflammation of the bladder only with herbs is impossible.
Popular recipes for the treatment of post-coital inflammation of the urea in the home:
- A decoction of the roots of wild rose. Drink helps against cystitis infectious nature. To prepare 20 g of finely chopped roots pour 200 ml of water and boil for 25 minutes over low heat. Insist at least an hour, filter and drink 100 ml 4 times a day, before meals.
- Drink of honey and flax seed - an effective remedy for severe pain in the bladder. For the preparation of 30 g of flaxseed seeds pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, bring to a boil and cool. Strain and add 10 g of honey. Ready drink drink within an hour.
- Complicated collection of flowers of cornflower, calendula, elderberry and highlander bird. Herbs are mixed in equal parts, 10 g of the mixture is poured 200 ml of boiling water. After cooling down, they drink 100 ml three times a day, before meals.
- Warming compress with essential oils. The procedure helps to relieve discomfort in the lower abdomen and improve urination. For the compress, add 4 drops of chamomile essential oil to the hot water, soak a piece of cotton cloth in the solution and apply it to the problem area. Keep to cool.
Regular adherence to basic preventive measures helps to prevent the development of the disease. The main rule is the use of a condom during intercourse. Barrier contraception helps to avoid infection in the genital tract. It is equally important to observe the hygiene of the intimate zone. Washing the external genitalia before and after sexual intercourse helps reduce the likelihood of pathogenic microorganisms entering the urinary system.
Other measures to prevent post-coital inflammation of the urea include:
- Timely treatment of pathologies of the urinary organs and viral diseases.
- The use of lubricants during sexual intercourse, if natural lubrication is not enough.
- Strengthening immunity through hardening and nutrition.
- Refusal of alcohol and nicotine.
Provocative factors of postcoital cystitis
Most often postcoital cystitis in women occurs after the first sexual intercourse with a man. Specialists answer negatively to the question whether the disease can be sexually transmitted from a partner.
The causes of the pathology are associated with the following factors:
- trauma to the urethra during sex,
- the presence of genital infections in a partner
- combination of anal and vaginal sex,
- congenital anomaly of the urethra.
Violation of the integrity of the virgin pleura or defloration often leads to injury of the urethra in a girl. The mucous membrane becomes vulnerable to pathogenic bacteria from outside, which are moving higher and higher in the urethra, reaching the bladder, where the inflammatory process begins to develop.
It is possible to damage the urethral mucosa with coarse and prolonged copulation in the absence of the necessary amount of natural lubricant.
Local contraceptives with spermicidal action can also injure the urethral mucosa.
After intimate closeness, cystitis often appears in the presence of venereal diseases in the partner. For this reason, if a girl or woman had unprotected sex with an unfamiliar partner, you should immediately contact not only the urologist, but also the gynecologist and be tested for STDs.
Entering Escherichia coli into the urethra is another cause of the pathology. This can occur if hygiene is not followed during anal intercourse, followed immediately by vaginal. Introduce microbes into the woman's urethra during oral sex. The causative agent of the disease in this case will be staphylococcus or streptococcus. Signs of the inflammatory process usually appear the next day after sexual intercourse.
Congenital abnormality of the urethra of a woman is one of the important reasons why cystitis begins after sex. The deviation is manifested in the wrong location of the urethral opening or its hypermobility. With this abnormal phenomenon, the pathology is exacerbated after each copulation due to the penetration of pathogenic bacteria into the urethra, and then into the bladder. In this case, the woman may need surgery, during which the anatomical anomaly will be eliminated.
The secondary causes of cystitis after intimacy may be associated with hormonal alteration and failure. Genital contact during menstruation in women, pregnancy and menopause can contribute to the development of pathology. During this period, the protective functions of the body are weakened, which is a provoking factor for the unhindered penetration of pathogenic bacteria into the urinary tract.
Diagnose the reason why after sex cystitis is constantly or first appeared, will help diagnostic examination, which includes:
- urine tests
- blood tests,
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
Important in the diagnosis is also a visual examination by the gynecologist of the anatomical structure of the genital organs.
How to treat cystitis after coitus
Treatment of cystitis after intimacy is ideally carried out according to the results of the tests performed and includes a number of therapeutic measures, namely:
- abstinence from sexual activity for the entire period of treatment
- bed rest and rest in the first days of the disease,
- intake of large amounts of liquid in the form of water, non-acidic juices and fruit drinks,
- adherence to a special diet,
- personal hygiene,
- antibiotics and herbal preparations with anti-inflammatory effect.
Postcoital cystitis treatment of which (as well as other forms of this disease) is required immediately before receiving the results of tests, you can stop a single dose of the antibiotic Monural. The main active ingredient fosfomycin has a wide spectrum of action, to which most microorganisms are susceptible, causing an infectious-inflammatory process in the bladder.
The drug in a dosage of 3 g is taken once. In case of severe course of the disease, repeated administration is possible in the same dose every other day.
It should be noted that the antibiotic is effective only in the case of nonspecific cystitis caused by E. coli, Klebsiella, staphylococcus and streptococcus. Fosfomycin is powerless if chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, trichomoniasis or gonorrhea are the causative agents of the pathology. If these microorganisms are available, other antibiotics are prescribed to help get rid of sexually acquired infections. The medicine is selected by the doctor depending on the type of pathogen.
In the treatment of non-specific infectious-inflammatory process, other antibacterial drugs are used, which are prescribed exclusively by a specialist only after collecting anamnesis and obtaining all the results of analyzes.
Sexual rest and hygiene
The patient should observe full sexual rest, to avoid the progression of pathology, and speed up the healing process.
During the treatment period, you should wash at least twice a day with warm water and special soap for intimate hygiene. Handwashing when washing should be carried out from front to back to avoid entering E. coli in the urethral canal. Underwear should be made of natural fabrics, which must be replaced at least once a day.
To reduce the risk of relapse and strengthen the immune system, it is necessary to take herbal preparations and herbal decoctions. The most effective phytomeans include:
The above drugs are taken for a long time during and after the abolition of antibiotic therapy. Usually course acceptance is at least one month. Herbal remedies help to normalize urethra function, eliminate the remnants of the inflammatory process in the bladder, and strengthen the body's local defenses.
Cystitis in women after sex necessarily involves taking vegetable decoctions, which help to quickly remove pathogenic microflora and restore the affected mucosa. These include cranberries, bearberry, urological collection "Fitonefrol", etc.
Phytopreparations are an indispensable part of therapy, both for acute and chronic course of the disease. They help to avoid a relapse of the infectious-inflammatory process and are taken at home as a preventive measure several times a year.
When is surgery necessary?
If cystitis after sex occurs every time, you should assume the presence of an abnormal structure of the urethral canal. To eliminate the defect resorted to reconstructive plastic surgery, known in medicine, as the transposition of the urethra.
This radical method allows you to fix the urethra in the normal position. After the transposition, a sex ban is imposed for three months.
Causes of Post-Coital Cystitis
Postcoital cystitis does not occur because of sexual intercourse. As with conventional cystitis, pathogens that enter the bladder provoke this form of the disease. Coitus is only a provoking factor, because during frictions there is irritation of the pelvic organs.
Doctors identify the following causes of postcoital cystitis:
- Coitus after a long break, or the first sex with a girl.
- Improper sex management, frequent change of sexual partners.
- An unpleasant symptom can cause STIs.
- Pathology of the genitourinary system in men and women.
- Hormonal disruptions that provoke mucosal changes.
There are also risk factors that increase the likelihood of post-coital cystitis:
- smoking, alcoholism,
- passive lifestyle,
- adhesions in the pelvis,
- too active sexual acts.
Postcoital cystitis can be caused by candidiasis (thrush), as well as bacterial and viral infections. The pathogen can enter the bladder directly through the urethra, or through the bloodstream if the patient’s immune system is weakened. Also, microorganisms can migrate from the uterus and appendages in women, or from the prostate and testicles in men.
Postcoital cystitis in women can occur due to the fault of a man when a chronic inflammatory process is present in his urogenital system. Then, during ejaculation, pathogenic bacteria enter the sperm and cause inflammation in the woman. That is why it is very important to be examined by both, even if the symptoms of post-coital cystitis in a man do not appear.
Postcoital cystitis in women is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Abdominal pain that occurs after intercourse.
- Frequent urination to urinate with little urine.
- Burning when urinating.
- Discoloration of urine, it becomes turbid, blood and pus may appear.
- The general condition worsens, temperature rises.
For post-coital cystitis, there is a proper exacerbation during intercourse, but after a few hours the pain subsides and the woman may again not be bothered by anything until the next coitus. If chronic post-coital cystitis is not treated, it can provoke inflammation of the appendages and uterus, which in turn is fraught with sterility.
Treatment of postcoital cystitis
How to treat post-coital cystitis, the urologist must answer the patient. If you have pain in the lower abdomen, you must go to the hospital, and not to self-medicate. Uncontrolled use of drugs can lead to serious complications.
With post-coital cystitis, antibiotics are indicated, since bacteria are most often the cause of the pathology. The following drugs may be prescribed:
It is up to the physician to select the antibacterial agent, since it is necessary to know which bacteria are fighting with, and the dosage must be correctly assigned. It should be noted that not only bacteria, but also viruses and fungi can provoke postoital cystitis. Antibiotics are powerless against such microorganisms, and specific treatment is needed.
To relieve pain prescribed antispasmodics in the form of injections and rectal suppositories:
To relieve pain, fever, inflammation, the doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory therapy with the following drugs:
- Nurofen and Ibuprofen,
- Aspirin and others.
After the relief of acute inflammation, preparations are prescribed for the immune system, as well as suppositories to restore the vaginal microflora after taking antibiotics. If you do not restore immunity and microflora, the risk of post-coital cystitis is high again.
For a quick cure, it is recommended to attend a physiotherapy treatment, as well as to follow a diet, sexual rest and bed rest. To get the infection out faster, doctors advise drinking herbal teas and fruit drinks with a slight diuretic effect. You can use the urological collection of cystitis, also well-proven herbal drug Kanefron and other uroantiseptics.
Often patients are interested in whether Triozhinal and post-coital cystitis are compatible, and why they can be prescribed together. Триожиналь — это гормональный препарат, который показан женщинам в период климакса, в это время как раз возрастает риск возникновения посткоитального цистита.
Если врач назначил этот препарат, а у женщины появились боли, необходимо связаться со своим гинекологом как можно скорее, возможно препарат пациентке не подошел. To use the hormonal drug Triozhinal should not be prescribed by a doctor, they do not cure cystitis, they restore hormones and the microflora in the urinary system with this medication.
Pathologies of the genitourinary system in men and women turn natural processes into real torture, patients can not normally empty themselves and make love. This condition should not be ignored by a specialist, any therapeutic measures should be started only after examination and confirmation of the diagnosis. If the patient behaves correctly and takes care of his health, then post-critical cystitis will quickly retreat and never return to his life.